Home
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Nazis and Christianity? - 04/23/21
I had mistakenly thought Hitler and the Nazis embraced Christianity.

I just watched video of Chancellor Dr Alfred Rosenberg demanding the abolition of Catholic and Protestant churches in Germany in 1938.

Followed by German Church Regulations: Article XXX

"The Christian Cross is to be removed from all churches and cathedrals, and is to be replaced by the immortal symbol of Germany, the Swastika"

Followed by arrest and execution of hundreds of religious leaders of all denominations across Germany. I guess Hitler's ego could not compete with anybody's God.

Neo-Nazis certainly like to invoke the name of God!
Posted By: antlers Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/23/21
Maybe Neo-Nazi’s simply try to exploit Christianity for their own agenda; maybe they simply ‘use’ it to recruit, radicalize and mobilize some their followers.

Hitler and the Nazi’s exploited whatever they could for their own end. A lotta ‘Christians’ then...as now...were/are ambivalent to the Holocaust. There is quite a bit of literature that supports Hitler and the Nazi’s intention to eradicate Christianity from Germany after victory in WWII:

Bendersky, Joseph W., A concise history of Nazi Germany, p. 147, Rowman & Littlefield, 2007: “Consequently, it was Hitler’s long range goal to eliminate the churches once he had consolidated control over his European empire.”

Wheaton, Eliot Barculo The Nazi revolution, 1933–1935: prelude to calamity:with a background survey of the Weimar era, pp. 290, 363, Doubleday 1968: The Nazis sought "to eradicate Christianity in Germany root and branch."

Dill, Marshall, Germany: a modern history, p. 365, University of Michigan Press, 1970: “It seems no exaggeration to insist that the greatest challenge the Nazis had to face was their effort to eradicate Christianity in Germany or at least to subjugate it to their general world outlook.”

Fischel, Jack R., Historical Dictionary of the Holocaust, p. 161, Rowman & Littlefield, 2020: “The objective was to either destroy Christianity and restore the German gods of antiquity or to turn Jesus into an Aryan.”

Shirer, William L., Rise and Fall of the Third Reich: A History of Nazi Germany, pp. 240, Simon and Schuster, 1990: “And even fewer paused to reflect that under the leadership of Rosenberg, Bormann and Himmler, who were backed by Hiltz, the Nazi regime intended eventually to destroy Christianity in Germany, if it could, and substitute the old paganism of the early tribal Germanic gods and the new paganism of the Nazi extremists.”

Mosse, George Lachmann, Nazi culture: intellectual, cultural and social life in the Third Reich, p. 240, Univ of Wisconsin Press, 2003: "Had the Nazis won the war their ecclesiastical policies would have gone beyond those of the German Christians, to the utter destruction of both the Protestant and the Catholic Church."

Griffin, Roger Fascism's relation to religion in Blamires, Cyprian, World fascism: a historical encyclopedia, Volume 1, p. 10, ABC-CLIO, 2006: “There is no doubt that in the long run Nazi leaders such as Hiltz and Himmler intended to eradicate Christianity just as ruthlessly as any other rival ideology, even if in the short term they had to be content to make compromises with it.”

The claim of some...with an agenda other than the truth...that Hitler was a practicing Christian seems pretty far off base.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/23/21
The powers-that-were in Hitler's Nazi Party embraced the occult.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/23/21
Hitler and the Catholic church were cozy in the beginning; they both kinda needed each other in rather dysfunctional ways. Once Hitler had secured all power, he mostly shoved the Catholic church and Christian's in general aside and ignored them.

Hitler felt he was anointed by God to do the things he did, but that didn't come from any church.

Like true believers, the Catholics and Christians were content to overlook Hitler's indiscretions as long as he left the church alone.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/23/21
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The powers-that-were in Hitler's Nazi Party embraced the occult.
Religiously they were all over the map...weird bunch of nutballs. What they all did have in common was drug addiction. Drugs and drug addiction was rampant in the Nazi leadership. Hitler took a literal pharmacy of drugs on a daily basis.
I no longer have the book “The German War” about the attitudes of the civilian population of Germany during WWII.

IIRC that cross removal edict didn’t go over well and was often quietly ignored.
When in 12th grade I studied the subject.
What I found is that Hitler met with Cardinals and the pop. He had meetings and likely alliances for a time. Whatever he was raised as is really irrelevant though.
He surrounded himself with pagan and occultic talismen. His decisions were guided.by the devil.

The Occult History of the Third Reicht.....Himler

This is the forth documentary in a four part series.
It is the best documentary on this subject IMHO.
If this interests you, I suggest watching the others.
You'll find a volume of good books worth of information distilled and illustrated.

The Occult History of the Third Reicht.....Hitler

These are a couple of interesting movies for the whole family. Depending upon age, it might be appropriate for teenagers. Preview first as with anything.
Maybe come up with questions and have a discussion afterwards. There's a reason why the previous generations, including ours, repeat history and go along with the public school indoctrination.
We can solve that problem with our own families.
And don't forget the Bible as the owner's manual for life.📖
Posted By: DBT Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/23/21
The 'occult' is a form of religion. To believe in and embrace the occult is to believe in supernatural entities and/or forces.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/23/21
I thought everyone knew that Hitler hated Christianity. The NAZIS had plans to deal with it eventually but Hitler was far less of a dictator than Stalin and faaaar more responsive to public pressure and opinion.
Posted By: persiandog Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/23/21
https://www.davidmotadel.com/books/islam-and-nazi-germanys-war/

ISLAM AND NAZI GERMANY’S WAR
(HARVARD UNIVERSITY PRESS, 2014)
DESCRIPTION
In the most crucial phase of the Second World War, German troops, fighting in regions as far apart as the Sahara and the Caucasus, confronted the Allies across lands largely populated by Muslims. Nazi officials saw Islam as a powerful force with the same enemies as Germany: the British Empire, the Soviet Union, and the Jews. Islam and Nazi Germany’s War is the first comprehensive account of Berlin’s remarkably ambitious attempts to build an alliance with the Islamic world.

Drawing on archival research in three continents, David Motadel explains how German officials tried to promote the Third Reich as a patron of Islam. He explores Berlin’s policies and propaganda in the Muslim war zones, and the extensive work that authorities undertook for the recruitment, spiritual care, and ideological indoctrination of tens of thousands of Muslim volunteers who fought in the Wehrmacht and the SS.

Islam and Nazi Germany’s War reveals how German troops on the ground in North Africa, the Balkans, and the Eastern front engaged with diverse Muslim populations, including Muslim Roma and Jewish converts to Islam. Combining measured argument with a masterly handling of detail, it illuminates the profound impact of the Second World War on Muslims around the world and provides a new understanding of the politics of religion in the bloodiest conflict of the twentieth century.

[Linked Image from davidmotadel.com]
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/23/21
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Hitler and the Catholic church were cozy in the beginning; they both kinda needed each other in rather dysfunctional ways. Once Hitler had secured all power, he mostly shoved the Catholic church and Christian's in general aside and ignored them.

Hitler felt he was anointed by God to do the things he did, but that didn't come from any church.

Like true believers, the Catholics and Christians were content to overlook Hitler's indiscretions as long as he left the church alone.

They also liked him because he fought against the Commies, who made no secret of having no use for the church. I read that same book "The German War" and found it sad that the powers in the Church were afraid to say anything against Hitler, but the common parish priests stood up to him and ended up paying for it with their lives. I wonder if Pius is done burning yet?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/23/21
I don't think one could use both terms in the same sentience.
Posted By: DBT Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/23/21
Hitler was motivated more by ambition, ideology and power than religion.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
Hans Schmidt, who lived under the NSDAP's rule for 10 years, wrote an account that differs from what you people are reporting. So do the accounts of several other Germans who lived it as well.

(((Where))) were you all educated?
Originally Posted by DBT
Hitler was motivated more by ambition, ideology and power than religion.

Anti-communist ideology certainly. As for the rest, it would do you some good to read Savitri Devi's The Lightning and the Sun.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
The Roman Catholic Church has yet to open their books to the Israelis as requested for that period of time (WW2).
Posted By: antlers Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
The Roman Catholic Church has yet to open their books to the Israelis as requested for that period of time (WW2).
Reckon they’re tryin’ to protect Pope Pius XII’s image...?
He never denounced the Holocaust publicly, and is now a candidate for canonization.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
Originally Posted by antlers
He never denounced the Holocaust publicly, and is now a candidate for canonization.
That would be hypocrisy. My late uncle was a Benedictine monk who was ordained as a parish priest. I asked him if he wanted to be a monsignor or bishop. He disgustingly told me "anything above parish priest is just politics".
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
In reading some history about the occult that Hitler aspired to there was a universal belief among them that whoever possessed the Spear of Destiny or the spear the Roman soldier used to stab Christ with would rule the world. That very spear was in a museum in Poland. What country did he attack first? Poland. Just goes to show how mankind can be deceived. Hitler certainly was.

I believe it’s more like being about money, jewelry, art, etc. that supposedly and is suspected to have been taken from the Jews in Germany of that era.
I believe it’s more like being about money, jewelry, art, etc. that supposedly and is suspected to have been taken from the Jews in Germany of that era.

I too have had evicted tenants come back months later asking for their stuff back so I know how the Church feels.
Originally Posted by Jim1611
In reading some history about the occult that Hitler aspired to there was a universal belief among them that whoever possessed the Spear of Destiny or the spear the Roman soldier used to stab Christ with would rule the world. That very spear was in a museum in Poland. What country did he attack first? Poland. Just goes to show how mankind can be deceived. Hitler certainly was.

They had all kinds of talismen that they wsnted for power. They had rituals and made decisions based on astrology. They looted and had an unsatisfied lust for power.

I asked a Satanist lawyer why he was a Satanist.
What's your motivation? What do you want out of this weird religion?

He summed it up that it comes down to a lust for power.
So possibly the Roman Catholic Church willingly tolerated or flat-out ignored the Nazi’s crimes against humanity in order to benefit financially from money, art, jewelry, and other valuable belongings taken from murdered Jews and others...?

shocker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I just watched video of Chancellor Dr Alfred Rosenberg demanding the abolition of Catholic and Protestant churches in Germany in 1938.

"The Christian Cross is to be removed from all churches and cathedrals, and is to be replaced by the immortal symbol of Germany, the Swastika"

Followed by arrest and execution of hundreds of religious leaders of all denominations across Germany. I guess Hitler's ego could not compete with anybody's God.

If you ever want to know about one of the greatest German heroes of WW2, read "Hanged On a Twisted Cross", a biography about a pastor named Detreich Bonhoffer. Arrested, imprisoned and finally executed by the Nazis for openly defying Hitler.
Posted By: add Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Jews do it all the time.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
Wow. This is way too deep for Friday night cocktail hour(s)! cool
So the Roman Catholic Church willingly tolerated or flat-out ignored the Nazi’s crimes against humanity in order to benefit financially from money, art, jewelry, and other valuable belongings taken from murdered Jews and others...?

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

The Jews couldn’t spirit themselves much less their hard assets out of the country . These were ‘supposedly ‘ entrusted to the safe keeping of the Roman Catholic Church until they could later be reclaimed. The Roman Catholic Church was pretty much the soul surviving Chr*stian Church entity to remain somewhat whole in Germany and other occupied countries during those turbulent years.

When the Jews were relocated to camps, etc. and failed to return to collect those entrusted hard assets,,,,,,the present day Israelis want to have a look and an accounting of the records that were kept.
Posted By: M1Rifle Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
Ive read much into the subject and the truth is that the nazis were all over the map in regards to the Christian faith. They used it when it was advantageous but they always had a strong distaste for the power of the Catholic church over Catholics in both Germany, allied countries and conquered lands. The authority was dangerous to them as it superseded their own authority...at least amongst the Catholics.

There are documented cases of German senior officers being questioned on their faith and allegiance, passed up for promotion etc...speaking of the Catholics here
So the Roman Catholic Church willingly tolerated or flat-out ignored the Nazi’s crimes against humanity in order to benefit financially from money, art, jewelry, and other valuable belongings taken from murdered Jews and others...?

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

The Jews couldn’t spirit themselves much less their hard assets out of the country . These were ‘supposedly ‘ entrusted to the safe keeping of the Roman Catholic Church until they could later be reclaimed. The Roman Catholic Church was pretty much the soul surviving Chr*stian Church entity to remain somewhat whole in Germany and other occupied countries during those turbulent years.

When the Jews were relocated to camps, etc. and failed to return to collect those entrusted hard assets,,,,,,the present day Israelis want to have a look and an accounting of the records that were kept.

Just so we're clear, getting out and starting over wasn't what they were after.

Going back to claim abandoned property, that changed hands during a literal world war is what drives the Elly Weasel society?

Does that apply to farms, houses, etc. of everyone else affected by the belligerents? I don't think the jews have a monopoly on that.........
Did anyone watch either of the documentaries yet?
It sounds like you all would enjoy them both.
One's on Himler and the other is on Hitler. There's two others as well.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

Going back to claim abandoned property, that changed hands during a literal world war is what drives the Elly Weasel society?

Does that apply to farms, houses, etc. of everyone else affected by the belligerents? I don't think the jews have a monopoly on that.........

Okay.

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

Go back.

Go Back.

Aliyah to Israel Benefits...

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

Okay.

Not being a prick, I'm serious. I have enough of Abrahams wayward wanderers in my background I'd not have promoted in the Nazi party. wink

I don't do victimhood well. Life is what you can carve from it. Perpetuating the perception of "justice" when all they're after is abandoned property seems to fit a stereotype eh? IMHO

But what do I know, I'm only an American.
Posted By: philgood80 Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
A great read with incredible insight into this is Metaxas’s biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, “Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Prophet, Martyr, Spy.”

The Nazis basically told the Lutheran church leadership that if they wanted to be taken care of they would toe the line. A lot did and solid Christians like Bonhoeffer chose to remain true to their beliefs. The Lutheran church went through a split into 2 factions: basically the govt approved, wishy washy woke church and the traditional underground church. Eventually Bonhoeffer got a job in German intelligence and became involved in the Valkyrie plot. If you haven’t read it get it.

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

Okay.

Not being a prick, I'm serious. I have enough of Abrahams wayward wanderers in my background I'd not have promoted in the Nazi party. wink

I don't do victimhood well. Life is what you can carve from it. Perpetuating the perception of "justice" when all they're after is abandoned property seems to fit a stereotype eh? IMHO

American myself.

Some would posit that theft is theft. Victimhood can often accompany things like that. Then there’s living family members of those who had their entrusted possessions stolen from to be considered.
Posted By: DBT Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
It just goes to show how imagination and fantasy can shape reality and effect the lives of countless people and many generations.

American myself.

Some would posit that theft is theft. Victimhood can often accompany things like that. Then there’s living family members of those who had their entrusted possessions stolen from to be considered.

So the same holds true for everyone who lost a farm or house as well? Should we fund assassin squads and lawyers to get back their lost familial property as well? Are are the jews unique in that they get back their shidt but nobody else does? How many generations does this "legit" victimhood carry on for?
Posted By: M1Rifle Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
For the Jews? Apparently forever...its their ace in the hole. The blood spilled in their liberation apparently wasn't enough...nor was stealing them an entire country in the middle east.

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

Okay.

American myself.

Generational Link?

American myself.

So the same holds true for everyone who lost a farm or house as well? Should we fund assassin squads and lawyers to get back their lost familial property as well? Are are the jews unique in that they get back their shidt but nobody else does? How many generations does this "legit" victimhood carry on for?

If you lost a farm, go after it and good luck. A good Jewish lawyer could probably help you get it back.

You folks go after yours and the Jews will go after theirs.
Fair enough, I think.

American myself.

If you lost a farm, go after it and good luck. A good Jewish lawyer could probably help you get it back.

Fair enough, I think.

You make my point for me better than I ever could.

American myself.

Fair enough, I think.

You make my point for me better than I ever could.

Always glad to help.

Totalitarians always seek to destroy religion. The first order of business of totalitarian regimes is to stamp out religion because someone who is loyal to God won't have total loyalty to the state. It's the same with family, totalitarian regimes seek to destroy family ties because they don't want family to come before loyalty to the state. The state must come before God and family in order for them to have complete control. It's for this reason that democrats embrace the welfare state and it's emphasis on destroying the family. An unwed mother with five kids dependent upon government for a welfare check is the closest thing to a slave that exists today.

The Catholic Church isn't a monolithic entity. Many in the Church opposed Nazism during WWII but there were many that supported it also. Pius XII went along with far too much and should have used his position to bring light to the holocaust. Many Nazis used a series of safe houses set up in monasteries to escape justice after the war and escape to South America, Mengele and Eichmann among them. They called them the ratlines and most escaped from the Italian port of Genoa with the help of some in the Catholic Church. One bishop in particular, Alois Hudal, was responsible for setting up the system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alois_Hudal

WWII Ratlines
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

If you ever want to know about one of the greatest German heroes of WW2, read "Hanged On a Twisted Cross", a biography about a pastor named Detreich Bonhoffer. Arrested, imprisoned and finally executed by the Nazis for openly defying Hitler.

This!
Posted By: Hastings Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Why not. Christianity has probably killed, murdered, tortured, stolen, pillaged, raped, enslaved, you name it, more than any other organization going in the last 2000 years. I know about the atheistic communists but they have only been around a little over a century. They are pikers next to Christianity. And for the record, I believe Jesus was who he said he was and I am endeavoring to follow him. The organized religion of Christianity has done more to harm the teachings of Jesus than any of the millions of Atheists, occultists, and heathen pagans ever could.
Posted By: DBT Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
The Church itself became totalitarian to the point of having power of life and death on matters of faith, heretics tortured and killed....
Originally Posted by Hastings
Christianity has probably killed, murdered, tortured, stolen, pillaged, raped, enslaved, you name it, more than any other organization going in the last 2000 years. I know about the atheistic communists but they have only been around a little over a century. They are pikers next to Christianity. And for the record, I believe Jesus was who he said he was and I am endeavoring to follow him. The organized religion of Christianity has done more to harm the teachings of Jesus than any of the millions of Atheists, occultists, and heathen pagans ever could.
I believe I understand the premise of your post. But atheistic ideologies and regimes have murdered more than 150 million people in the 20th Century alone. And they’ve continued to kill hundreds of thousands since. Coupled with the millions of enslavements, tortures, and rapes of these atheistic ideologies and regimes, and it’s also a very awful picture. None of that diminishes the horrible truth of the human carnage that you referred to caused by Christianity over the last 2000 years, but its numbers dwarf in comparison to that wrought by atheistic ideologies and regimes, despite the fact that they’ve only been around for as long as you say they have. The argument that Christianity has killed more people than atheism has no basis in fact. And I absolutely do agree with your last sentence in particular.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
Pope Pius XII seemed to be awfully cozy with the nazis and fascists
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
No Pope defender here, but what would you expect a guy in charge of a “country” the size of a few hundred acres to do in the middle of a war surrounded by thousands of troops belonging to a dictator from another country? Would you have expected the Pope to denounce Hitler and tell German Catholics to rebel when a NAZI column could have driven up to the gates of the Vatican and carried him off?
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
Originally Posted by JoeBob
No Pope defender here, but what would you expect a guy in charge of a “country” the size of a few hundred acres to do in the middle of a war surrounded by thousands of troops belonging to a dictator from another country? Would you have expected the Pope to denounce Hitler and tell German Catholics to rebel when a NAZI column could have driven up to the gates of the Vatican and carried him off?

Yes.

After all...that is what the rest of the world did.

They died for it too, but still did it.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Yes.
A very small band of Jesus’ followers...after they witnessed His resurrection...were emboldened and stood up to the power structure and might of the Roman Empire.
Posted By: foxs Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
The christian church help nazi's get out of Germany.
Originally Posted by foxs

Excuse me, I edited that for you.
Originally Posted by foxs
Specifically, the Vatican helped many Nazi war criminals and collaborators to escape Germany.
Yes.
A very small band of Jesus’ followers...after they witnessed His resurrection...were emboldened and stood up to the power structure and might of the Roman Empire.

Yeah, well the Pope ain’t Jesus.
Yes.

Neither were all the troops and common people that stood before the Reich.
Yes.
Neither were Jesus’ followers that I mentioned above.
Neither were Jesus’ followers that I mentioned.

Yeah, but to be fair I haven't seen too many popes accused of being followers of Jesus.
Yes.

Neither were all the troops and common people that stood before the Reich.

Meh...we’ll all be dead soon enough and WW II will be just another war in the long history of war where poor saps were forced to fight for this reason or that instead some imaginary crusade against allegedly unimaginable evil so many perceive it to be now.

Meh...we’ll all be dead soon enough and WW II will be just another war in the long history of war where poor saps were forced to fight for this reason or that instead some imaginary crusade against allegedly unimaginable evil so many perceive it to be now.

Yeah...poor men dying for rich men's assets.

Nothing ever really changes.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21

At least with the fall of the Russian, German and Austro-Hungarian Empires, we got rid of the family feud wars. grin
Originally Posted by UPhiker

At least with the fall of the Russian, German and Austro-Hungarian Empires, we got rid of the family feud wars. grin

There is that...but replaced them with corporate.
Genghis Khan killed, by some estimates, 80 million people. Julius Caesar killed around 2 million Gauls in what amounted to little more than a personal publicity campaign. Who knows how many people Alexander offed with his tiny little army?

World War II shaped our world and still looms over it. But so did lots of other wars in their time. When you compare Hitler to the guys mentioned above and/or any other innumerable Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Chinese, Roman, and countless others, many of whom we know almost nothing about, he really wasn’t anything special. Hell, by those standards he was relatively benign. Heresy to utter, I know. But evil was here before him and evil remains after him.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Nazis and Christianity? - 04/24/21
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Pope Pius XII seemed to be awfully cozy with the nazis and fascists

He was, yet you'll not find much written about that in recorded "history". You will, however, find documentation of it if you dig. I can also tell you this much, the Italians and especially post-war clergy aren't real proud of it.
© 24hourcampfire