Home
Dementia is no excuse for not complying. I guess she thinks she dindunuffin.

DA calls for review after cop breaks 73-year-old's arm during arrest
Christopher Brito
Tue, April 20, 2021, 1:12 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/da-calls-review-police-break-171203150.html

A Colorado district attorney called for a criminal review on Monday after newly released video showed a Loveland Police Department officer allegedly injuring a 73-year-old woman during an arrest last year. The family of Karen Garner is suing the department and three responding officers.

The body camera video released last week showed Officer Austin Hopp arresting Garner, who allegedly stole more than $13 worth of merchandise from a Walmart. In the video taken on June 26, the officer was heard trying to stop Garner, who has dementia, according to her family.

When he caught up to her, she continued to walk and eventually, she stopped. After Garner refused to talk to him, the officer grabbed her arm to detain her. After a brief struggle, she was forced to the ground and restrained with her arms behind her back.

During the encounter, Garner said she wanted to go home, which was two blocks away from where she was picking wildflowers and later, held by officers. She also gave back the items when Walmart employees initially stopped her, according to family attorney Schielke.

Schielke said Garner's arm was broken, her shoulder was separated and bruises covered her body following the arrest. She wasn't taken to the hospital for her injuries and was left in a cell for six hours, Schielke said. Charges against her were dropped.

Christopher Brito
Tue, April 20, 2021, 1:12 PM·2 min read
A Colorado district attorney called for a criminal review on Monday after newly released video showed a Loveland Police Department officer allegedly injuring a 73-year-old woman during an arrest last year. The family of Karen Garner is suing the department and three responding officers.

The body camera video released last week showed Officer Austin Hopp arresting Garner, who allegedly stole more than $13 worth of merchandise from a Walmart. In the video taken on June 26, the officer was heard trying to stop Garner, who has dementia, according to her family.

When he caught up to her, she continued to walk and eventually, she stopped. After Garner refused to talk to him, the officer grabbed her arm to detain her. After a brief struggle, she was forced to the ground and restrained with her arms behind her back.

During the encounter, Garner said she wanted to go home, which was two blocks away from where she was picking wildflowers and later, held by officers. She also gave back the items when Walmart employees initially stopped her, according to family attorney Schielke.

Schielke said Garner's arm was broken, her shoulder was separated and bruises covered her body following the arrest. She wasn't taken to the hospital for her injuries and was left in a cell for six hours, Schielke said. Charges against her were dropped.

Gordon P. McLaughlin, the district attorney for Larimer and Jackson counties, called for an independent criminal review into the incident.

"Involved and investigating agencies have agreed that an independent criminal review is appropriate, and an investigation of the incident will occur," McLaughlin said in a statement.

Schielke said in addition to dementia, Garner suffers from sensory aphasia, which impairs her ability to verbally communicate and understand others' communications. She filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday on behalf of Garner against the Loveland Police Department, Officer Hopp, and two other responding officers. The lawsuit also claims violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act, stating that because of Garner's mental disabilities, she "could not speak for herself or understand" Hopp's intentions and they "failed to reasonably accommodate her disability."

"Ms. Garner is one of the most vulnerable members of our community – a mother, a grandmother, a tiny, frail human with cognitive disabilities – and they treated her like an animal," Schielke said.

According to Schielke, Garner lost most functional use of her left arm and requires assistance to shower and get dressed.

Loveland Police said in statement they were also investigating the incident. The arresting officer in the case was placed on administrative leave, pending the investigation's outcome. The officer who assisted in the arrest and the on-scene supervisor were reassigned to administrative duties. Loveland police chief Robert Ricer told CBS Denver he was unaware of her injuries until he saw the lawsuit. Before the lawsuit, the two officers and supervisor were not disciplined.
Their chief is a cheese-dick liberal. Cop will probably be fired asap

1. Cop is an idiot. She stole from Walmart, Ofc. Time could solve that one easily. I root for shoplifters at wally world honestly, f uck that s hithole.
2. If she had dementia, why wasn't she in a facility that could care for her?
3. UOF never looks good.

News flash due to the Ferguson effect anyone that voluntarily becomes a police officer post 2015 is a complete moron. And morons do dumb s hit like snap-crackle-pop grammy fo' shoplifting at wally world.
After going through this with my father , all I can say to this is somewhere there is a person of responsibilty that failed this poor lady. To just let dementia patients wander is fraught with peril.
Originally Posted by wyoming260
After going through this with my father , all I can say to this is somewhere there is a person of responsibilty that failed this poor lady. To just let dementia patients wander is fraught with peril.

Unfortunately it's becoming more prevalent with the aging boomer generation. Hell I just had to beg a spry 95yr old WWII vet to go to the hospital. Guy has dementia and assaulted his old azz daughter inlaw to get his keys back. Like put the beat down on her with a cane. I had to spend 45mins begging him to go peacefully, because putting the beat down on a 95 year old man doesn't look good no matter how it happens.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

1. Cop is an idiot. She stole from Walmart, Ofc. Time could solve that one easily. I root for shoplifters at wally world honestly, f uck that s hithole.
3. UOF never looks good.

News flash due to the Ferguson effect anyone that voluntarily becomes a police officer post 2015 is a complete moron. And morons do dumb s hit like snap-crackle-pop grammy fo' shoplifting at wally world.

Until you deal with a loved one with dementia, you’ll just never know. Imagine someone nearly vegetative in a chair for hours upon hours who suddenly has some synapses fire off in her brain and she thinks it’s 1982 and she needs to go to the grocery store. She hasn’t driven in years, but she knows exactly where the keys are and is gone in a flash. They’ll wear your ass down to exhaustion being up all night doing this and that, and then just when nothing has happened for hours and hours and you think it is safe to relax, they’re gone.

That period where there starting to get bad enough to be out in a home, but before it actually gets done can be tough.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

3. UOF never looks good.

Until you deal with a loved one with dementia, you’ll just never know. Imagine someone nearly vegetative in a chair for hours upon hours who suddenly has some synapses fire off in her brain and she thinks it’s 1982 and she needs to go to the grocery store. She hasn’t driven in years, but she knows exactly where the keys are and is gone in a flash. They’ll wear your ass down to exhaustion being up all night doing this and that, and then just when nothing has happened for hours and hours and you think it is safe to relax, they’re gone.

That period where there starting to get bad enough to be out in a home, but before it actually gets done can be tough.

I deal with dementias and nutters everyday. They need to be in a facility, not roaming around free range...

3. UOF never looks good.

I deal with dementias and nutters everyday. They need to be in a facility, not roaming around free range...

Sure you do.

3. UOF never looks good.

Sure you do.

I've done more emergency detentions/mental health holds in my career than almost anything else.

Most of those are suicidal folks, but some are dementia diagnosed old folks that lash out in anger (pretty common with dementia patients).

But I'm sure you know more thumbing yer pecker

3. UOF never looks good.

Sure you do.

I've done more emergency detentions/mental health holds in my career than almost anything else.

Most of those are suicidal folks, but some are dementia diagnosed old folks that lash out in anger (pretty common with dementia patients).

And why do you do an emergency detention? What made it necessary, Einstein?

Yes, and now they are suing to try to profit from their dereliction. Quite genius actually.

3. UOF never looks good.

Sure you do.

In what instance, dumb f uck? It's a 72hr involuntary hold for folks that pose a danger to themselves or others.

Do I enjoy doing it? No I don't. I'd prefer they just kill themselves. But if it's an old timer I'd prefer taking them to the hospital over the jail when they have dementia and have assaulted someone.

But again, I'm sure you've been there done that.........
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Yes, and now they are suing to try to profit from their dereliction. Quite genius actually.

Hopefully the lawsuit goes directly to her care and safety, which I realize is a pipe dream........

3. UOF never looks good.

Sure you do.

In what instance, dumb f uck? It's a 72hr involuntary hold for folks that pose a danger to themselves or others.

Do I enjoy doing it? No I don't. I'd prefer they just kill themselves. But if it's an old timer I'd prefer taking them to the hospital over the jail when they have dementia and have assaulted someone.

So, Einstein, how was it determined that they posed a danger to themselves or others?

3. UOF never looks good.

Sure you do.

So, Einstein, how was it determined that they posed a danger to themselves or others?

Who? Einstein
You are proving my point.
You are proving my point.

That you're a dumb s hit?
Quite a few of these police incidents are complicated and
tragic. Almost always a sad victim, whether it's a bad policing deal,
a cop crucified for doing his job, or whatever the hell this is.
The lady and the cop doing his job.

Watched the video after reading the article, so knew her story and
was sympathetic to her.

That cop was trying to be as gentle as possible.
And if he broke bones, they broke real easy.

We had an old lady with dementia here whose husband cared for her.
She stole stuff in stores faster than a pack of peaceful protesters at Nike.
He would keep tabs and return it.
Or, for the sympathetic stores, just give them a list and they would bill him.
She was ok to walk to my wife's store, and they would watch her when she
was alone. Running a tab that he would settle when he bought gas.
Do cops really need instruction that elderly women who are obviously not strong do not require MMA level tactics and force to subdue? How easy would it have been to detain her without any arm twisting? Do these people not have grandparents?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Do cops really need instruction that elderly women who are obviously not strong do not require MMA level tactics and force to subdue? How easy would it have been to detain her without any arm twisting? Do these people not have grandparents?

Have you ever had to physically force ANYONE to do anything they didn't want to?
I read dislocated, not broken. Not that is matters, I guess.

Probably pretty easy to dislocate an elderly woman’s shoulder.
Jackson Handy, good to hear you would rather they kill themselves. I believe you need evaluated by mental health, and removed from what ever job you have, that puts you in the vicinity, of elder patient's!

Have you ever had to physically force ANYONE to do anything they didn't want to?

Yes. Plenty. I worked on an acute unit in a psychiatric hospital (I was one of the men in the white suits), and with adult autistics, some very large and potentially violent in both facilities.
Originally Posted by Heym06
Jackson Handy, good to hear you would rather they kill themselves. I believe you need evaluated by mental health, and removed from what ever job you have, that puts you in the vicinity, of elder patient's!
I believe he's a cop. We'll be reading headlines about him some day...
Originally Posted by UPhiker

He is proving every point and validating every stereotype.

Why? Because I don't want to be sent to already suicidal people, who if they really want to die, will use ME to do it for them (suicide by cop) and then their family will sue me and I'll be out of a job? Ya seems preposterous. Lol.

You f ucking clowns don't have a clue.

Yes we take people to the hospital that are suicidal, all the time. We also take old folks with dementia that are violent (instead of jail) to the hospital for a 72hr hold.

Was this excessive force? I don't know. If the tard cop didn't know she had dementia, probably not. If he did, it probably was excessive.

Nobody, including you know your point
Here in Colorado we've eliminated Qualified Immunity for all but Federal Agents.
That Cops going to find out what it's like to get his shoulder dislocated and arm broken as Berry fúcks him up the ass.

Yes. Plenty. I worked on an acute unit in a psychiatric hospital (I was one of the men in the white suits), and with adult autistics, some very large and potentially violent in both facilities.

So what did body cam show every time you had to put a tard in a straight jacket? Did it look good? Did it look loving? Would a bystander think what you were doing was reasonable, knowing nothing about the situation?
Defund, then hang !
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Defund, then hang !

PREACH!

I would question anybody that feels the need to manhandle a 73 year old woman, at that age osteoporosis is a distinct possibility.

Okay, dumbass, here is the point. I’ll draw you a picture. People, particularly old people, sometimes get bad before you realize it. Or they get worse suddenly. Or they’re doing okay, then they aren’t. So, relating these facts to your experience with involuntary commitments, the reason those proceedings happen is often because there has been an incident that once and for all shows that this person can’t take care of themselves. Incidents like...I don’t know...going to the grocery store in a confused state and stealing a cart full of groceries.

Damn you are a fricking idiot.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

It really is.

The cop was doing alright until he started man handling her at the car. he should have been able to figure out something was wrong with her by then and try to work around it. He already knew she posed no danger and had no weapons.

I don't expect a cop to be a doctor but damn, he should have been able to figure this one out.

Okay, dumbass, here is the point. I’ll draw you a picture. People, particularly old people, sometimes get bad before you realize it. Or they get worse suddenly. Or they’re doing okay, then they aren’t. So, relating these facts to your experience with involuntary commitments, the reason those proceedings happen is often because there has been an incident that once and for all shows that this person can’t take care of themselves. Incidents like...I don’t know...going to the grocery store in a confused state and stealing a cart full of groceries.

And? So what are you f ucking butt hurt about?

What the tard cop in loveland did? Cool me too. He should've slow rolled that [bleep] and went back in service when he found out wally world got their s hit back. Pretty simple stuff.

So what did body cam show every time you had to put a tard in a straight jacket? Did it look good? Did it look loving? Would a bystander think what you were doing was reasonable, knowing nothing about the situation?

I never said it looked pretty. My comment was restricted to people who are quite obviously frail and weak, and require no special arm twisting techniques to restrain, and how stupid you'd have to be not to know that.

I never said it looked pretty. My comment was restricted to people who are quite obviously frail and weak, and require no special arm twisting techniques to restrain, and how stupid you'd have to be not to know that.

I don't know what "special arm twisting" techniques are.

Keep crying in your cheerios I suppose. Maybe one days tight wad families will actually help their dementia ridden family members instead of relying on society to just know they're nuts.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

I watched Stagecoach again, does that mean I have dementia?
Originally Posted by slumlord

If you remembered it, probably not. But you can always fake it.
Originally Posted by slumlord

I don't know. What did you have for breakfast this morning? Can you draw a clock that reads 9:37?
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Here in Colorado we've eliminated Qualified Immunity for all but Federal Agents.
That Cops going to find out what it's like to get his shoulder dislocated and arm broken as Berry fúcks him up the ass.

Lol... "we" in Colorado. I wouldn't be advertising that if I lived in Colorado there tough guy.
Jackson Handy, the baddest pig in the wild, wild, west. Fuqk you, you little bitch.

And? So what are you f ucking butt hurt about?

What the tard cop in loveland did? Cool me too. He should've slow rolled that [bleep] and went back in service when he found out wally world got their s hit back. Pretty simple stuff.

I first posted in this thread about how hard it was to deal with loved ones who are losing it. You’re the one who went off on your “tards and nutters” rant about 72 hour involuntary commitments.

Keep crying in your cheerios I suppose. Maybe one days tight wad families will actually help their dementia ridden family members instead of relying on society to just know they're nuts.

Watch out, that fall from a high horse can hurt.
She must have been white. Other wise it would have been OK to sit on her neck and back for 9 minutes.
Originally Posted by mirage243
Jackson Handy, the baddest pig in the wild, wild, west. Fuqk you, you little bitch.

That means so much, thank you.

I'll wear that as a badge of honor coming from such a dumbphuck

JoeBob is spot on it costs 7500-10,000 a month to get a person with Alsheimers / dementia in a nursing home, if you can find an opening for them. It is very difficult to deal with a loved spouse or parent suffering from these ailments. Ordinary people are not trained or equipped to deal with someone who has these problems
. It's 24 /7 /365. Damn few people can stop living for themselves to completely live to take care of another. I. Watched my dad in his 90's try to do that for my mom. It didn't help his health and well being at all. He passed last October at 96 and 4 months. Wore out, he tried his damndest to outlast mom and didn't make it. Mom is frail and very seldom has a rational memory or thought it takes pros to deal with that. Mb

It is exactly this attitude of personnel at dementia care facilities that makes me know my decision to care for my wife is the right one. I certainly wouldn’t trust the care of my wife to some troll like this.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

JoeBob is spot on it costs 7500-10,000 a month to get a person with Alsheimers / dementia in a nursing home, if you can find an opening for them. It is very difficult to deal with a loved spouse or parent suffering from these ailments. Ordinary people are not trained or equipped to deal with someone who has these problems
. It's 24 /7 /365. Damn few people can stop living for themselves to completely live to take care of another. I. Watched my dad in his 90's try to do that for my mom. It didn't help his health and well being at all. He passed last October at 96 and 4 months. Wore out, he tried his damndest to outlast mom and didn't make it. Mom is frail and very seldom has a rational memory or thought it takes pros to deal with that. Mb

God bless your mother, hopefully she don't run into someone like "Officer Jackson Handy"
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

God bless your mother, hopefully she don't run into someone like "Officer Jackson Handy"

Really? Do tell why? Since I just stated in this thread that I spent 40mins begging a 95yr old to go peacefully to the hospital....and he did. But then again I knew he had dementia and kept that in mind when dealing with him. It would appear that the tarded loveland cop didn't know Sally had dementia (and apparently her family didn't care until lawsuit time came)

Just because you are retarded doesn't mean everyone else is...

(Ya ya pig, jack booted, boot licker, etc)
Originally Posted by mart

It is exactly this attitude of personnel at dementia care facilities that makes me know my decision to care for my wife is the right one. I certainly wouldn’t trust the care of my wife to some troll like this.

Mart, I’d only add that the closer one is to these situations on a daily basis , especially where the public is concerned, it almost comes as a necessity to become somewhat hardened to it in order to constantly deal with it.
There’s only so much “compassion “ that any human can provide over the long term short of being Mother Teresa even to a loved one.

There are no easy answers.
My grandmother took care of my grandfather with Alzheimer till he died at home. She was a real saint. No one ever had better care. Of course, she lived in a close knit community, where many of her neighbors were old friends and happy to help when they could. She typically had several neighbors come by to visit each evening.
My grandmother took care of my grandfather with Alzheimer till he died at home. She was a real saint. No one ever had better care.

That we can agree. God bless her.
My grandmother took care of my grandfather with Alzheimer till he died at home. She was a real saint. No one ever had better care.

That disease manifest itself in many different forms up to being totally unmanageable and requiring lockdown.

Your grandmother truly is one of His angels on earth, Hawk.
That is what happened ever since they shut down all of the mental hospitals years ago.

Folks that would have been in a place that could help them can not find someone to look after them now.

I had an Uncle that was in a place for years because his mind was going fast.

Why? Because I don't want to be sent to already suicidal people, who if they really want to die, will use ME to do it for them (suicide by cop) and then their family will sue me and I'll be out of a job? Ya seems preposterous. Lol.

Yes we take people to the hospital that are suicidal, all the time. We also take old folks with dementia that are violent (instead of jail) to the hospital for a 72hr hold.

Was this excessive force? I don't know. If the tard cop didn't know she had dementia, probably not. If he did, it probably was excessive.

I've been friends with several officers in my lifetime and none of them have the mouth on them that you do. They are/were very professional and you should be too. You're giving a bad name to your fellow officers.
Originally Posted by Jim1611

I've been friends with several officers in my lifetime and none of them have the mouth on them that you do. They are/were very professional and you should be too. You're giving a bad name to your fellow officers.

I'm very professional, in my profession. I appreciate your concern, and thank you for your opinion sir.

Is that better?

And, he's to stupid to realize it, tries to come off here as what a bad ass he is. Sick of his sheit.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
That is what happened ever since they shut down all of the mental hospitals years ago.

Folks that would have been in a place that could help them can not find someone to look after them now.

BINGO!!!!

This is the most intelligent/wisest post in the thread.

YOU NAILED IT.

It's just of example of officers that are in need of retraining or need to be removed.
There are plenty of them and they are the ones that continually instagate problems and create headlines.

They feel high and mighty to the point of being invincible.

And, he's to stupid to realize it, tries to come off here as what a bad ass he is. Sick of his sheit.

No badass here. I call it like I see it, with actual life experience. Just trying to eek out an existence until I hit 20. I don't want to do anything cause I might hurt someone's feelers or offend someone (like yourself) and get fired.

(Insert your pig this, thug that slander)

I'm very professional, in my profession. I appreciate your concern, and thank you for your opinion sir.

Is that better?

Much better. I always like to be helpful and sometimes, as you say, it takes telling it like it is.
Yea, only Jackson has life experience.

Is that better?

Much better. I always like to be helpful and sometimes, as you say, it takes telling it like it is.

I guess I have to act like a beat dog all the time. How dare I have an opinion huh? Be honest? Outrageous!

F ucking pussies. This ain't the country club.

Yass'um master! Lol

Yes sir you're always right
I notice so many cops talk about a lack of "respect" towards them. The only problem is that they talk about "respect" the same way that organized crime and gangs do. It's not "respect" that they want, they want people to fear them.

Yes sir you're always right

That's not what you said, you put some racist sheit in your first post, didn't you? What a little bitch you are.
I notice so many cops talk about a lack of "respect" towards them. The only problem is that they talk about "respect" the same way that organized crime and gangs do. It's not "respect" that they want, they want people to fear them.

Yep
Good one

Respect is reciprocal, what you give is what you get. And when you give and don't get..........

But im wrong, as always.

Respect is reciprocal, what you give is what you get. And when you give and don't get..........

But im wrong, as always.
In an earlier post, you said that you're a "professional". You shouldn't let us "amateurs" get to you.
Just watched the "arrest". Didn't watch it all.
There's one brave soldier. Sure glad he's protecting the crap out of old ladies.

I have a hard time with police getting defensive and whining when there's crap like this going on and people don't like it. I respect the respectable.
I don't lump everyone into the same cesspool unless they want to identify with this. I'm not saying any cops here are. I think the best of someone until they try to prove me wrong.

There's a department here that does this to families.
They hire meathead thugs that inject horse piss to make the public say, "look how big he is! Ooooh."
Somalia doesn't have a police force.
Originally Posted by copperking81

Venezuela does.

But im wrong, as always.
In an earlier post, you said that you're a "professional". You shouldn't let us "amateurs" get to you.

Aren't you pro union? Unions make a business out of hiding chit bags.
Handy is WOUND up this eve.

Steroid envelope.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Venezuela does.

You spent any time in a country without a police force?

Is that better?

I guess I have to act like a beat dog all the time. How dare I have an opinion huh? Be honest? Outrageous!

Yass'um master! Lol

We all get this aint the country club. You seem to be a hot headed person. Sometimes that comes in handy but most of the time not so much so. No you shouldn't act like a beat down dog. No man should do that, especially an American. That's what's bothering me about allot of things. Ever since what took place in Ferguson happened law officers have had another target painted on them. It was very intentional and very planned out. In order for the communist left to do what they have planned for our nation and people they need to get the cops either out of the way or to go along with them. Now I hope you're one that tells them to shove it and if you are many will be right there with you. You must see that videos like this are being used a wedge to divide good people. Not by the OP here and maybe not even by the person that took it but the left is using this stuff to get their agenda moved along. It's being very effective too so when you make a post saying that you'd be okay with somebody just going on and killing themselves you do nothing but make their job easier.
Originally Posted by add

Steroid envelope.

Looks like the BLM / Antifa crowd is too.

But im wrong, as always.

I said I'm professional in my profession. Reading is hard.

Wtf do you do for a living, clown?
Originally Posted by add

Steroid envelope.

No BLM or Antifa on this thread
I don’t need a Jack booted clown Protecting me. I’ll do a better job on my own.

Venezuela does.

Depends on what you call a police force.

Either way can be havoc.

Originally Posted by add

Steroid envelope.

No BLM or Antifa on this thread

Sure sounds like it.

Is that better?

Yass'um master! Lol

We all get this aint the country club. You seem to be a hot headed person. Sometimes that comes in handy but most of the time not so much so. No you shouldn't act like a beat down dog. No man should do that, especially an American. That's what's bothering me about allot of things. Ever since what took place in Ferguson happened law officers have had another target painted on them. It was very intentional and very planned out. In order for the communist left to do what they have planned for our nation and people they need to get the cops either out of the way or to go along with them. Now I hope you're one that tells them to shove it and if you are many will be right there with you. You must see that videos like this are being used a wedge to divide good people. Not by the OP here and maybe not even by the person that took it but the left is using this stuff to get their agenda moved along. It's being very effective too so when you make a post saying that you'd be okay with somebody just going on and killing themselves you do nothing but make their job easier.

I get what you're saying(I think), but hear me out.....

When you get sent to multiple suicide threats a day, every day, for years, at some point you kinda just think "just do it, or dont". How many dozens of people can you talk out of it before you just don't care anymore?

Am I going to risk my well being or career for them? Not. A. Chance.

Venezuela does.

Either way can be havoc.

I'll take that as no.

Deinstitutionalization was a colossal mistake. Slash budgets, lay off mental healthcare workers, rip up the social safety net, throw patients in to the street, what did everyone think we’d get?
Originally Posted by El_CuCuy

Deinstitutionalization was a colossal mistake. Slash budgets, lay off mental healthcare workers, rip up the social safety net, throw patients in to the street, what did everyone think we’d get?

Correct! Spot on. Couldn't agree more.

For that service I would pay more taxes. Higher wages for politicians? No thanks. A place for folks that have mental disabilities? Yep.

The sickest thing is seeing who is taking care of our most vulnerable, the elderly and mentally disabled. Dirtbags most often, because they pay people pennies to do it. Yet LeBron is making hundreds of millions throwing a ball in a basket....

You're not a public servant, plainly obvious, your just in it for a check. Lots of better ways to make money.

Is that better?

Yass'um master! Lol

I get what you're saying(I think), but hear me out.....

When you get sent to multiple suicide threats a day, every day, for years, at some point you kinda just think "just do it, or dont". How many dozens of people can you talk out of it before you just don't care anymore?

I know. My mom tried to OD several years ago. One of these fellows that's my friend, retired now, is the only reason she lived. We didn't know each other back then either. He was just doing his job. He also told me domestic disputes were the most dangerous to be called to. Like the one the other day where the officer had to shoot that knife wielding teen. It's a tough job. Every tough job takes allot out of a person. Big cities would be the worst. Around here I make it a point to know all of the officers. Almost every one of them have been top notch but we have had a few that weren't. They were taken care of and found new employment. I sure hope when the move is made on us as citizens we that want to hang on to patriotism and the law enforcement are on the same side. That's exactly what the left does not want.

Venezuela does.

Either way can be havoc.

I'll take that as no.

I don’t recall one in Congo or numerous other remote locations I’ve worked at.
I’ve also seen the bad side of a “police force” that you obviously think provides security to all persons.

You're not a public servant, plainly obvious, your just in it for a check. Lots of better ways to make money.

You want me to be a statistic, for a suicidal individual. Not going to happen. Sorry......sir

See my first post in the thread if you want to know how I felt about the incident in the OP.
This is a microcosm of why LEOs have lost the support of the people...and I'm not talking bout the blacks...talking average every day middle class citizens.

Militarization, brute force, and sociopathic behavior...the list goes on and on. Cops are their own worst enemy. I feel bad for what good ones are left.
Bottom line...just because they are the enemy of your enemy does not make them your friend. The police are NOT your friend...they do the bidding of the courts and the politicians PERIOD.
Originally Posted by MidBore338
Bottom line...just because they are the enemy of your enemy does not make them your friend. The police are NOT your friend...they do the bidding of the courts and the politicians PERIOD.

You have the right to remain silent. You are entitled to legal representation.

Simple enough.

You have the right to remain silent. You are entitled to legal representation.

Simple enough.

Troof
This is a microcosm of why LEOs have lost the support of the people...and I'm not talking bout the blacks...talking average every day middle class citizens.

Militarization, brute force, and sociopathic behavior...the list goes on and on. Cops are their own worst enemy. I feel bad for what good ones are left.

I was a claims adjuster once, new on the job. I was issued a company vehicle and in my first week hit a road block. Gues what, no proof of insurance in the vehicle. I didn’t think about it, figured I was good and never checked. Cop was a total [bleep] [bleep]. Their arrogant holier than thou attitudes are their biggest problem.

I was a claims adjuster once, new on the job. I was issued a company vehicle and in my first week hit a road block. Gues what, no proof of insurance in the vehicle. I didn’t think about it, figured I was good and never checked. Cop was a total [bleep] [bleep]. Their arrogant holier than thou attitudes are their biggest problem.

Lol lol an insurance ticket got you butt hurt? Did he talk to you real mean like?

You brave man.....my gawd....I can't imagine what you went through to get that dismissed

so A cop, one cop, that treated unacceptably (in your opinion) is an indictment on the entire profession? Genius.

You broke the law yet you’d complain about others driving around with no insurance ?

Lol lol an insurance ticket got you butt hurt? Did he talk to you real mean like?

You brave man.....my gawd....I can't imagine what you went through to get that dismissed

That’s the exact attitude I’m talking about. Simple [bleep] infraction with the insurance co name planted down the side and you think you’re God. Lowlife Pos. You’re one scumbag mofo’
JH, do you work at a mall, or some type of apartment complex? 😁

You broke the law yet you’d complain about others driving around with no insurance ?

Are you [bleep] stupid? Nevermind, everyone here knows you are.

That’s the exact attitude I’m talking about. Simple [bleep] infraction with the insurance co name planted down the side and you think you’re God. Lowlife Pos. You’re one scumbag mofo’

Trauma and drama.
JH, do you work at a mall, or some type of apartment complex? 😁

Yep. A mall.

Trauma and drama.

You a cop too? Ex cop? You’re sure as [bleep] one dumb sunofabitch.

Sure you could.

I could also haul my own piss and chit to the sewage plant, take my trash to the dump on roads I build myself, pipe and purify my own water, mine energy sources to power and heat my house or....

I could pay others to do that chit like we do in a civilized fuqing society.

Did I give you the ticket? Lol doubt it since I don't write traffic bullshi t tickets and have never and will never be apart of a road block (illegal)

I don’t mean to be rude but,,when you get over your little pissant scchitt fit, come back to us.

Stupid f’k.
The high school quarteback made Jackson suck his dick in 9th grade and he's been pissed ever since.

I don’t mean to be rude but,,when you get over your little pissant scchitt fit, come back to us.

Stupid f’k.

You have enough enemy’s here, old man, you didn’t need me too. You got it now, you stupid ass old man.

Trauma and drama.

No.
Just retired Oilfield trash is all.

You’re such an emotional, petulant little f’k.
The high school quarteback made Jackson suck his dick in 9th grade and he's been pissed ever since.

"Projection"

Very sad man, seek some help. It will be ok....

Stupid f’k.

You have enough enemy’s here, old man, you didn’t need me too. You got it now, you stupid ass old man.

Ohhh jeez.
I’m in deep scchitt now for sure!!

Trauma and drama.

No.

You don’t have the brain power to be oilfield, maybe a roustabout. [bleep] sticks like you worked for me in the oilfield, and I fired their asses.

Did I give you the ticket? Lol doubt it since I don't write traffic bullshi t tickets and have never and will never be apart of a road block (illegal)

Woe!!!! Back the train up. Tell me about illegal roadblocks. I never heard them called that.

News Item:

“80 year old gentleman known to one and all as sandbilly, puts the smack down on 4 black thugs by himself. He avers to have perfected his martial prowess while serving as a claims adjuster working in the bad part of towns”.

Woe!!!! Back the train up. Tell me about illegal roadblocks. I never heard them called that.

Depends on the state or Mall....or apartment complex.

Trauma and drama.

No.

You don’t have the brain power to be oilfield, maybe a roustabout. [bleep] sticks like you worked for me in the oilfield, and I fired their asses.

All you’ve ever fired is your mouth.

News Item:

“80 year old gentleman known to one and all as sandbilly, puts the smack down on 4 black thugs by himself. He avers to have perfected his martial prowess while serving as a claims adjuster working in the bad part of towns”.

What did you do In the oilfield again? Coffee bitch? You low rent hack

News Item:

Have you washed your face diaper this week? I read they can cause bacterial infections otherwise

LMAO

They sold it as reducing government, but that's not what happened. Mental health was moved into the jails. And our taxes aren't less. If they were we could find another way to provide the necessary care.

Cops aren't capable of much of what is asked of them. Mental health care is at the top of the list. The scope of work must be reduced to what is practical and possible to be done well.

We can talk about militarization, training, etc. but the problem is we set-up a carceral state, and in most places have only the cops to send. Is it a good idea to send a couple amped up 20 something cops to deal with an elderly woman suffering from dementia? No, that’s a job for a clinical social worker. Should Good Officer Handy be talking people off roofs? No, he should be observing while the CSW does it, ready to intervene if it goes sideways. We threw out the toolbox in favor of tax cuts, only have a hammer left.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

News Item:

Have you washed your face diaper this week? I read they can cause bacterial infections otherwise

LMAO

Your girlfriend had it last I recall.

We can talk about militarization, training, etc. but the problem is we set-up carceral state, and in most places have only the cops to send. Is it a good idea to send a couple amped up 20 something cops to deal with an elderly woman suffering from dementia? No, that’s a job for a clinical social worker. Should Good Officer Handy be talking people off roofs? No, he should be observing while the CSW does it, ready to intervene if it goes sideways. We threw out the toolbox in favor of tax cuts, only have a hammer left.

Seems reasonable.

News Item:

LMAO

Which one?

News Item:

What did you do retard?

News Item:

I barely got by for 40 years.

You should see someone who’s qualified to help you with your emotional state. You’re a wreck, Lil guy.

News Item:

You should see someone who’s qualified to help you with your emotional state. You’re a wreck, Lil guy.

Lmfao. 40 years of what? I want to get the quizzing going.

News Item:

What did you do retard?

He was a gopher or lower . Just look at his behavior here

News Item:

What did you do retard?

He’s a posing, lying hack for sure.

News Item:

What did you do retard?

He’s a posing, lying hack for sure.

Only one person here is more attention whoring

Hint : Fireballz

News Item:

LMAO

Which one?

The one that calls you Flave
Old toot. WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE OILFIELD?
Tell me how smart you are...
In the early 1980's the police brought my 74 year old grandmother home at 2 in the morning.she had gotten up,got dressed,and walked down to the bus stop.Cop drove by,saw her standing there and brought her home.She said she was going to Macy's.Cop couldn t have been nicer. My grandmother slowly got worse until we finally had to put her in a home,she lived in the world of the late 1930's,only my grandfather knew the people she was talking about (all long dead by then).I was the last person she recognized,one day she told me,"i' m sorry,i forgot your name ,but i know your my grandson".
Dementia is a terrible thing,it was heartbreaking to watch,took its toll on everyone.I feel for any family that has to deal with it.

News Item:

Laffin at your dumb ass !

I mentored misguided youths such as yourself. Babysitting like I’m doing for you right now.

This is why we can’t have nice things. Every GD thread that has even the merest potential for discussion devolves into a poo flinging contest.

News Item:

I mentored misguided youths such as yourself. Babysitting like I’m doing for you right now.

Lmao, you’re such a pussy, you can’t admit it. You know you’re a dumb [bleep]. You won’t admit it because you know you’ll get smoked. Pussy.

This is why we can’t have nice things. Every GD thread that has even the merest potential for discussion devolves into a poo flinging contest.

Lmao. Eat [bleep] dumbazz.

News Item:

Lmao, you’re such a pussy, you can’t admit it. You know you’re a dumb [bleep]. You won’t admit it because you know you’ll get smoked. Pussy.

I do believe that you’re smoking,,,something.

Have you always been so emotionally manipulated?
Originally Posted by superlight17b
In the early 1980's the police brought my 74 year old grandmother home at 2 in the morning.she had gotten up,got dressed,and walked down to the bus stop.Cop drove by,saw her standing there and brought her home.She said she was going to Macy's.Cop couldn t have been nicer. My grandmother slowly got worse until we finally had to put her in a home,she lived in the world of the late 1930's,only my grandfather knew the people she was talking about (all long dead by then).I was the last person she recognized,one day she told me,"i' m sorry,i forgot your name ,but i know your my grandson".
Dementia is a terrible thing,it was heartbreaking to watch,took its toll on everyone.I feel for any family that has to deal with it.

#StayOnTopic

News Item:

I do believe that you’re smoking,,,something.

Have you always been so emotionally manipulated?

What did you do in oilfield?

How intelligent.

How intelligent.

What did you do in the oilfield?

How intelligent.

News Item:

What did you do retard?

Ha, youre FOS, Old Toot.. I know the job he had. Well positioned with a primo job for a major.
Guess again. Tall, strong, tough. Id put my money on him against most any day.

Permian Basin gas measurement director for a major? Big house, big money, great family, retires early, makes a small fortune [bleep] around running a few businesses hes in with his brother, beautiful wife, handsome boy, $500,000 house on a lake?
Fishes most the time in his $70,000 bass boat?

Yer rite. SB, yer a sorry, lucky, MF. frown

Why yes I am pretty cock strong
Toot doesn’t wanna play no more.

How intelligent.

Lied.

Of course.

Fella has a trail...

How intelligent.

Well, you might say that actually Started at the top greasing crown blocks and slowly but steadily worked my way all the way down to a minor VP position, mostly International.

One part of my job was dismissing and putting out to pasture mental slugs much like yourself who couldn’t cut it such that they could go and pursue other options in employment like being a pissant claims adjuster. Quite a few of them like you, actually.
Toot doesn’t wanna play no more.

I’ll leave you to your sandbox, sandbilly.

Don’t let the cat cover you up.

How intelligent.

Well, you might say that actually Started at the top greasing crown blocks and slowly but steadily worked my way all the way down to a minor VP position, mostly International.

One part of my job was dismissing and putting out to pasture mental slugs much like yourself who couldn’t cut it such that they could go and pursue other options in employment like being a pissant claims adjuster. Quite a few of them like you, actually.

Haha! You’re so FOS! Classic BS

Most often it does.

How intelligent.

If you say so Lil guy.

How intelligent.

If you say so Lil guy.

Lying out your azz. Lmao
His sandbox has a lake, OT. And a small mansion. And a plane. And a boat. And several businesses like apt complexes, car washes, oil field service companies, home building co, ....
Originally Posted by add

How intelligent.

Lied.

Of course.

Fella has a trail...

Big time
Originally Posted by jaguartx
His sandbox has a lake, OT. And a small mansion. And a plane. And a boat. And several businesses like apt complexes, car washes, oil field service companies, home building co, ....

He’s a pumper, at best.
Originally Posted by

Lmao. Eat [bleep
dumbazz.

How intelligent.

One part of my job was dismissing and putting out to pasture mental slugs much like yourself who couldn’t cut it such that they could go and pursue other options in employment like being a pissant claims adjuster. Quite a few of them like you, actually.[/quote]
[/quote]

If you say so Lil guy.[/quote]

Lying out your azz. Lmao
[/quote]

When you sober up tomorrow go back and read the stupid scchitt you’ve posted and the usual ass that you continually make of yourself.

There’s no reason to lie to a wanna be,nobody such as you . I’m just babysitting with you is all.
Lmao. Ok, pumper.
Lmao. Ok, pumper.

Drink much?
Happy hour at the fire and the alcohol is flowing freely tonite I see

Trauma and drama.

Originally Posted by ribka

Trauma and drama.

That post was early this afternoon, no drinking at all, you stupid fuvk. Lmfao

Trauma and drama.

He meant for his username to be rib cage but was too drunk

LMAO

He wandered around searching for coins the workers dropped.
Originally Posted by DeadHead

LMFAO

I can see why you’re called deadhead.

Tell em, pumper.
Originally Posted by add

How intelligent.

Lied.

Of course.

Fella has a trail...

Big time

It’s plain to see that weaklings such as you have a deep need for fellow cyber support. Serious character flaw. I doubt that you’ll ever grow out of it.

Tell em, pumper.

I did.

Drink up.
Originally Posted by add

How intelligent.

Lied.

Of course.

Fella has a trail...

Big time

It’s plain to see that weaklings such as you have a deep need for fellow cyber support. Serious character flaw. I doubt that you’ll ever grow out of it.

Lmao. Did I fire your ass once? Awfully bitter.’
Old Toot has been constantly trying to look smart ever since Biden and China made him out to be a Covtard

[quote=SandBilly][quote=MidBore338]This is a microcosm of why LEOs have lost the support of the people...and I'm not talking bout the blacks...talking average every day middle class citizens.

Trauma and drama.

He meant for his username to be rib cage but was too drunk

LMAO

You speaking of drunkards is hilarious.
Toot’s pussy ass Is getting pussy hurt. Lol

Heh !

Rarely does one see such a weak minded emotionally dependent person like you put on such a pitiful display of rank stupidity.

You never cut it in the oil patch. Weaklings like you don’t last long there.

You’re truly cut out to be that claims adjuster and nothing more.

Heh !

Rarely does one see such a weak minded emotionally dependent person like you put on such a pitiful display of rank stupidity.

You never cut it in the oil patch. Weaklings like you don’t last long there.

You’re truly cut out to be that claims adjuster and nothing more.

Lmao, ok, pumper.
You were a low level hack, and still are. Lmao. Congratulations

Word salad.

Word salad.

Lol, shut up dumbass. You’ve dug enough

Word salad.

Chardonnay and estrogen is a volatile combination. bottoms up lol

Lighten up Ole Poof it was just a joke.

Sheesh

Hold on to your piggy bank.

Word salad.

You’re so witty, lmao. Dumbazz

Word salad.

ok bro. bottoms up

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Word salad.

ok bro. bottoms up

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Weak, but nice try [bleep]. Lol
As Twain said, never wrestle with a pig – it gets mud all over you and the pig likes it.
Originally Posted by 700LH
As Twain said, never wrestle with a pig – it gets mud all over you and the pig likes it.

Kinda like when you wrestle with JimFromTN and he blows a load on you?
Lol

Probably in him

LMAO

You must know eh?

You must know eh?

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

You must know eh?

Lmao. Shut up stupid, you got smoked.
I guess considering you geniuses commented on my remark bassackwards, I will concede and avoid the mud, lol
https://www.9news.com/article/news/.../73-bf6f7aa6-db07-4842-af32-9d281b8d6f44

New information and video showing cops laughing about dislocating her shoulder. All three of them huddled around a monitor yucking it up while the injured woman still sat in a holding cell. Long video. Around the 48 minute mark.

Alzheimer patient or not, it makes me angry. Six hours without treatment for a dislocated shoulder.

The sergeant on scene apparently shut off his body camera and intimidated a witness who questioned their use of excessive force.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ed-woman-under-investigation/7303104002/

From the article:

In body camera footage shared by Garner's attorney, Hopp attempts to stop Garner while she is walking in the grass along the side of the road. Garner pauses to look at him and appears to shrug, indicating “she did not understand him,” according to the lawsuit, and then continues walking. About 9 seconds after Hopp reaches Garner, he grabs her arms and twists them behind her back to take her to the ground.

Jalali arrives on scene, and both officers continue to ask Garner questions, but the only thing she can be heard repeatedly saying in the body camera footage is “I’m going home.”

Metzler later arrives on scene and speaks to a witness. The lawsuit alleges Metzler intimidated and bullied the witness and deactivated his body-worn camera during the interaction to cover up the use of excessive force.

According to the lawsuit, Garner was denied medical care for nearly six hours after she was arrested because officers told deputies at the jail Garner was not injured. When deputies discovered Garner was injured, they took her to the hospital.
© 24hourcampfire