Home
Connecting the truths concerning these events and Christs return in truths not connected in modern theology.

Why would you want to limit the message of Christ to believers only?
The bride of Christ ? Don’t ever remember anything about that .
Kenneth

Yes The church ( the body of Christ ) is known as the bride of Christ.
Originally Posted by ipopum

Yes The church ( the body of Christ ) is known as the bride of Christ.

Yep
Sorry, I accidentally watched. I'll do a few hail moshe's.
Jaguar tx,

I can't see your video because I have a personal block from YouTube videos here. When I have time I'll watch it off the log in.
I'll just post some NT chapter references that someone might want to study side by side on the end times prophecies.

Matthew 24

Revelation 6

I Thessalonians 4

II Thessalonians 2

Revelation 13, 14

This is a good way to wind down on the Lord's day.
Thanks again for the prayers.

You all have a good week.

HC
How about Matthew 13 and 1 Corinthians 15. You know where God tells us the unrighteous will be taken out from among the righteous and Jesus will return at the last trumpet.
Originally Posted by deflave

I want the dimocommies to go to Hail, Col.
Originally Posted by Ringman
How about Matthew 13 and 1 Corinthians 15. You know where God tells us the unrighteous will be taken out from among the righteous and Jesus will return at the last trumpet.

You gots yerself believers who.got their lamps full of oil awaiting HIM, and then you gots ur believers who aint got their crap in order and then you gots yer total unbelievers
So, you gots those whats gonna be took up and then you gots your believers who gets left behind a while to taste the tribulation, like the unprepaired bridesmades
before they get their rapture.
Ha. Two raptures according to Bible scripture presented.
Yep, gonna be a great gnashing of teeth.
Originally Posted by Remsen

You were warned, only believers should reply in posts.

Sorry, jag, Brother Remsen ain’t much on reading fine print.

Laffin

🦫
“The Bride of Christ” ?!

….. didn’t that star Bella Lagosi & Boris Karloff? 🤪

Yes indeed! Two more excellent chapters to study.
In I Corinthians 15, it begins with the requirements for the catching up....rapture....harpazo.

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep."

Man's response to this fact is outlined from Genesis to Revelation. It's emphasized exactly 100 times in John's gospel with the word BELIEVE.

This excludes any of man's works and instead requires the decision of faith.
It's simply a matter of rejection of religion of good works for a decision of undeserved acceptance of the gift of eternal life through faith (believing) in Christ.

The Lord will eventually will catch up the believers in a bodily resurrection as they receive a transformed resurrection body.
Those who die in Christ will also be caught up, soul and spirit, to be with Him. Either way it's His guarantee. I Thess. 4
You good folks know me by now.

"John 3:16."
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Laffin

🦫

Thank you for having my back, Brother Beave. As for my faux pas, let he who is without sin cast the first GFY.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

In I Corinthians 15, it begins with the requirements for the catching up....rapture....harpazo.

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep."

Man's response to this fact is outlined from Genesis to Revelation. It's emphasized exactly 100 times in John's gospel with the word BELIEVE.

It's simply a matter of rejection of religion of good works for a decision of undeserved acceptance of the gift of eternal life through faith (believing) in Christ.

The Lord will eventually will catch up the believers in a bodily resurrection as they receive a transformed resurrection body.
Those who die in Christ will also be caught up, soul and spirit, to be with Him. Either way it's His guarantee. I Thess. 4

Just for a bit of clarification? Is my saintly grandmother dead and lying in her grave waiting for the second coming?
Or is she already sitting at the side of her beloved Jesus?
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Just for a bit of clarification? Is my saintly grandmother dead and lying in her grave waiting for the second coming?

Your mortal body returns back to the ashes and dust from whence it came and your soul back to your Cre*tor who first gave it to you.

Ecc.
freedom of religion?

All are unrighteous unless cleaned by HIS blood through acceptance of and belief in Him as Lord and Saviour.
Originally Posted by P_Weed
freedom of religion?

And Freedom from religion.

Laffin

🦫

Well, its surprising to me but it appears you may have a point there, Brother Beaver. It would be nice if he would join the congregation
grin
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by deflave

I want the dimocommies to go to Hail, Col.

What about Remsen?
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
freedom of religion?

Not here.
Originally Posted by ironbender
freedom of religion?

Not here.

Folks are free not to read it or to comment on it.

Your mortal body returns back to the ashes and dust from whence it came and your soul back to your Cre*tor who first gave it to you.

Ecc.

So the latter, then?

She must have been VERY surprised.
So, is there a Cliff Notes version of that?

And if them fellas are really saved, why they afraid of horses?
Is there a church the old 'fire approves of?
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Flip Wilson’s ‘Church of What’s Happening Now’, featuring Reverend Leroy.
I catch 'It", for being a United Methodist. laugh

Yeah.

The one people like you don’t attend.

Ecc.

So the latter, then?

Not sure what you mean unless she was a saintly non believer.

There are 3 references listed in the Bible that address this. I just mentioned the one from Ecclesiastes.
Once more.[Linked Image from img0.etsystatic.com]
Once more.[Linked Image from img0.etsystatic.com]

Fugk off.
I'm going to get off topic a bit. I see post that seem to imply the discussion of the Bible is not exactly welcome here and the words separation of church and state mentioned. I'd like to point something out. Many of you post as if you hate the direction our nation is going. I do myself and I lay that at the feet of people like biden, pelosi, obama, the clintons and others. We hate liberalism. As well we should as it is ruining the future of this nation. Some of you that share that belief don't like religion. That's you business but keep in mind the conservative Bible believing church hates this attempt to convert our nation as much as you do. These same people that want to destroy our nation are the loudest at claiming the separation of church and state. My point is lets not let the enemy divide us as good patriotic Americans. Lets stand up and fight them.
freedom of religion?

Not here.

We are also free to comment as we wish, religion is cool with me.

It is the sanctimonious practitioners that are fun targets. The CF is legit because it is a free fire zone.

mike r
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I'm going to get off topic a bit. I see post that seem to imply the discussion of the Bible is not exactly welcome here and the words separation of church and state mentioned. I'd like to point something out. Many of you post as if you hate the direction our nation is going. I do myself and I lay that at the feet of people like biden, pelosi, obama, the clintons and others. We hate liberalism. As well we should as it is ruining the future of this nation. Some of you that share that belief don't like religion. That's you business but keep in mind the conservative Bible believing church hates this attempt to convert our nation as much as you do. These same people that want to destroy our nation are the loudest at claiming the separation of church and state. My point is lets not let the enemy divide us as good patriotic Americans. Lets stand up and fight them.

Yessir.
Build on commonalities of goals not tear apart on personal differences.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
freedom of religion?

Not here.

We are also free to comment as we wish, religion is cool with me.

It is the sanctimonious practitioners that are fun targets. The CF is legit because it is a free fire zone.

mike r

Well said.

Ecc.

So the latter, then?

There are 3 references listed in the Bible that address this. I just mentioned the one from Ecclesiastes.

Oh no! She was absolute in her belief and her dedication to the practice of that belief. A kinder soul the world has never known.

It's just that she fully intended to lie right there in that grave until Jesus comes to Earth and calls her forth.

Nor was she bashful about quoting the Scripture which fully supported her belief. She knew the Scripture forward and back and spoke eloquently of it.
Ok , thanks for clearing that up
Kenneth

Ecc.

So the latter, then?

Oh no! She was absolute in her belief and her dedication to the practice of that belief. A kinder soul the world has never known.

It's just that she fully intended to lie right there in that grave until Jesus comes to Earth and calls her forth.

Nor was she bashful about quoting the Scripture which fully supported her belief. She knew the Scripture forward and back and spoke eloquently of it.

Sounds like quite a Lady, IS.

We’ll find out who’s right, that’s for sure !
Grins
"Rapture" is a modern heretical invention. Everyone who is alive at the time will all have to eat of the same schitt sammich that's is coming.

Laffin

🦫

Well, its surprising to me but it appears you may have a point there, Brother Beaver. It would be nice if he would join the congregation
grin

I joined Deacon Flave's congregation last year, but I sort of fell out of favor with the powers that be for reasons to be determined. But later this year I'll be back in the Holy Land for business and I was thinking of heading up to the Galilee to get dunked in water (I mean drinking a bunch of beer in Tiberias, eating even more grilled lamb and then swimming in the Kineret when I run out of beer).
The Bible shows three separate and distinct raptures.

A Pre Tribulation rapture of Church Age believers described primarily in 1 Thessalonians 4 and 1 Corinthians 15. This one is for the Bride of Christ -- His Body.

A Mid Tribulation rapture -- not for the Bride of Christ -- the church, but saved people from the first part of the Tribulation to provide guests for the Marriage supper of the Lamb. (halfway through the tribulation.) Matthew 24

A Post Tribulation Rapture of people who were saved throughout the Tribulation -- the time of Jacob's trouble. Jeremiah 30:7

Have fun with that one. I was talking to a a guy once who said he didn't believe in the rapture. I asked him which one he didn't believe in. Stuff like that cracks me up. That is why you are told to rightly divide the word of truth because there are divisions in it, and you can ball it up like a Chinese fire drill.
Originally Posted by the_shootist
The Bible shows three separate and distinct raptures.

A Pre Tribulation rapture of Church Age believers described primarily in 1 Thessalonians 4 and 1 Corinthians 15. This one is for the Bride of Christ -- His Body.

A Mid Tribulation rapture -- not for the Bride of Christ -- the church, but saved people from the first part of the Tribulation to provide guests for the Marriage supper of the Lamb. (halfway through the tribulation.) Matthew 24

A Post Tribulation Rapture of people who were saved throughout the Tribulation -- the time of Jacob's trouble. Jeremiah 30:7

Have fun with that one. I was talking to a a guy once who said he didn't believe in the rapture. I asked him which one he didn't believe in. Stuff like that cracks me up. That is why you are told to rightly divide the word of truth because there are divisions in it, and you can ball it up like a Chinese fire drill.

In Matt 24, JESUS is speaking to 4 men, Peter, Andrew, James and John, and he said that 'they' would see the great tribulation, he further said that 'all these things' will happen to THIS generation!?!?!?!?!?
freedom of religion?

Not here.

True. And, if you approve, free to read and comment. K?

II Corinthians 5:7...

"Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

You probably already know, Idaho Shooter, but for those who might have background in the two religions that teach that a soul sleeps in their dead body in the grave...the word sleep is synonymous with the body's death. That is clearer in the previous verse.

I Thessalonians 4
"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.....and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

There's a few verses I left out for brevity, but you get the idea and context.

The first sentence is a spiritual fact that he doesn't want us " to be ignorant "of. He wants us to know that...
A. Not to sorrow as those who have no hope.
Hope of what? Reuniting with family. It is conditional on the following.
B. " IF we BELIEVE that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.....and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

This is a condensed way of saying the same thing described in my previous post above .
That promise was for your grandmother as well as for you.

In spite of our differences over the past, I hope that you will see her some day. That is a very real promise from Genesis and repeated in more details and clarity as the Bible unfolds.

The promise of everlasting life with the Lord is offered to who quit trying to be good enough for heaven and simply decide to believe part B.

Then the last sentence is...
"Wherefore comfort one another with these words." 18

This comfort applies to all who know that none of us deserves anything but condemnation. " There's none righteous, no not one."

John 3:18 18
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-3-18/

That leaves us all condemned . There's no amount of good works we can do for salvation.
Believe is the key word.
The sig has more details.
freedom of religion?

Not here.

I could care less, bender, no approval required or implied unless you insist on making it appear that way.

What I said still holds. K?

In spite of our differences over the past, I hope that you will see her some day. That is a very real promise from Genesis and repeated in more details and clarity as the Bible unfolds.

The promise of everlasting life with the Lord is offered to who quit trying to be good enough for heaven and simply decide to believe part B.

This comfort applies to all who know that none of us deserves anything but condemnation. " There's none righteous, no not one."

One of my very few regrets in this life is that I was unable to lie and tell Grandma that I expected to see her again.

Those words would have made her gloriously happy. But I could NOT lie to her.
freedom of religion?

Not here.

I could care less, bender, no approval required or implied unless you insist on making it appear that way.

What I said still holds. K?

Ditto! 😁

One of my very few regrets in this life is that I was unable to lie and tell Grandma that I expected to see her again.

Don’t sweat the small stuff, IS. As long as someone draws a breath, they are not lost. Salvation is a lot more simple than the sages will let on. The gift is there for anyone to accept. I hope you make the right choice. Then give our best to your grandma.
Originally Posted by WMR

Don’t sweat the small stuff, IS. As long as someone draws a breath, they are not lost. Salvation is a lot more simple than the sages will let on. The gift is there for anyone to accept. I hope you make the right choice. Then give our best to your grandma.
Amen to that!
I dunno? Better to go with cut and sew for ruptures, or go with mesh? My doc messed up one side with mesh.
I seem to recall there was once a "sub 'fire" titled "Religion" or some such thing. Ya know a place for the believers to chat. Whatever happened to it?
Originally Posted by EdM
I seem to recall there was once a "sub 'fire" titled "Religion" or some such thing. Ya know a place for the believers to chat. Whatever happened to it?

"Christ at the Campfire". He got run off.
Originally Posted by EdM

They ate each other.

LOL

I know how you feel.
The good thing is that people have a challenging time trying to see the need for the Savior. We all tend to add preconceived notions of what we must add to the sacrifice to be saved. There's a laundry list of good works as many as sins we can remember. When that challenge is overcome by the realization of being personally condemned, the solution is clear.
The rest of the quote above from Christ is here from the top of the page down to verse 18.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-3-18/

It's repeated exactly 100 times in different ways in that short book, but all pointing to Him as the only object of trust for salvation.

Here's a plain one from Acts 16:30...
"Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

A jailor asked the question and the response was the same for him as it was for all his family.

https://youtu.be/Efg-DarUE7U
Originally Posted by WMR

But you fail to understand. I am sweating nothing. I am comfortable with my decision to remain honest with Grandma. I was sad to see her less than happy, but it could not have been different.

I have lost nothing as I know for a fact there is nothing after the EEG goes flat. Even the Universe shall end in due time. Man will go extinct long before that. And I shall be extinct even long before that.

If some folks need the crutch of Religion and the threat of Hell to prevent their descent into depravity: great. I am glad those who need that have it available.

If some folks feel complete and or fulfilled by their religion: Wondeful! I am glad for them.

But I have never felt the need for a hope for a better future than I can build for myself.

All I can find between the covers of the Bible is myth and propaganda invented by a Priesthood to keep that Priesthood fat, wealthy, and well laid.
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Originally Posted by EdM

Even believers tend to disagree with each other.
Originally Posted by EdM

The competition for "Official Campfire Preacher" got too bloody and Bin schidt canned it.
These types can't tolerate anyone who disagrees with their parochial "one true religion".
As mentioned, your life to live as you choose. I do expect to be held accountable for whether or not I share my faith. What another does with the info is on them, not me. FWIW, I know a number of clergymen. None are rich. Typically, they are pretty high functioning people who serve others way out of proportion to their pay.
It's not the clergy man who gets rich. It is the ones at the top living like kings.

All that gold did not migrate to the Vatican on its own.
All I can find between the covers of the Bible is myth and propaganda invented by a Priesthood to keep that Priesthood fat, wealthy, and well laid.
Point taken. But the earliest followers of Jesus didn’t have the Bible. The Jewish scriptures were not combined with the New Testament documents until about 350 years after the birth of Jesus. It took Constantine becoming the emperor and having the wealth and the influence to allow the scribes and the scholars to gather these documents, and put them together in what would eventually be called the Bible.

During the time between the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus, and the time that Constantine became the emperor of Rome, Christianity grew and gained influence. And these were the persecution years. Constantine reportedly didn’t embrace Christianity because he was all that interested in becoming a Christian personally. He embraced Christianity to unify the empire. The significance of that is staggering. He had to find something that most people in the empire already had in common, and it wasn’t the Roman gods anymore. And this was due to the significant spread of Christianity in the most difficult years.

Christianity made its greatest strides...when Christians faced tremendous hardship...during the 300 or so years before the Bible ever even existed. Christianity grew from the time of Jesus to the time of Constantine not on the back of “the Bible says.” Before the Jewish scriptures and the New Testament documents were combined and titled “the Bible”, Christianity had already replaced the pantheon of Roman, Barbarian, and most Egyptian gods, and was the state religion for the Roman Empire...before anyone ever held the Bible in their hands.

And it would be close to the invention of the printing press before anyone...unless one was a priest...ever held the Bible in their hands. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd century Christians didn’t choose to follow Jesus because of an infallible OT or a non-contradicting NT. They were followers of Jesus because He rose from the dead. For the first 300 years, the focus was centered on an event, not on a book. Is wasn’t “is the Bible true”...it was “did Jesus rise from the dead”...? And Matthew said He did, and so did Mark, and John, and Peter, and James...and then a fire-breathing Pharisee named Paul, who was was gonna put the Jesus movement out of business, becomes a raving fan and dedicated his life to taking the Gospel of Jesus to the Gentiles all over the Roman world.

There’s no explanation for the success of the church if Jesus hadn’t risen from the dead. The success of the church wasn’t the Bible; there was no Bible. The success of the church was totally due to eyewitness accounts of Jesus’ resurrection. Fortunately those who were closest to the event, those who were eyewitnesses of the event, documented it. But they didn’t document what they believed, they documented what they saw.

So if people step away because the Bible doesn’t add up, or for any other reason due to the Bible itself...there is another thing to maybe reconsider...the focus really isn’t the Bible. The focus really is, and always has been, Jesus’ resurrection. Christianity didn’t disrupt the Roman Empire because of the Bible; Christianity disrupted the Roman Empire because of a resurrected Savior.
It's not the clergy man who gets rich. It is the ones at the top living like kings.

All that gold did not migrate to the Vatican on its own.

Can’t argue with that, Men have done lots of bad things while using God’s name as cover. I kinda doubt those guys get to see your grandma, either. Jesus’ #2 commandment was for us to love our neighbors as ourselves. While we’re saved by faith and not by works , this still provides a “smell test” for the things we see around us.
Originally Posted by antlers
Point taken. But the earliest followers of Jesus didn’t have the Bible. The Jewish scriptures were not combined with the New Testament documents until about 350 years after the birth of Jesus. It took Constantine becoming the emperor and having the wealth and the influence to allow the scribes and the scholars to gather these documents, and put them together in what would eventually be called the Bible.

During the time between the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus, and the time that Constantine became the emperor of Rome, Christianity grew and gained influence. And these were the persecution years. Constantine reportedly didn’t embrace Christianity because he was all that interested in becoming a Christian personally. He embraced Christianity to unify the empire. The significance of that is staggering. He had to find something that most people in the empire already had in common, and it wasn’t the Roman gods anymore. And this was due to the significant spread of Christianity in the most difficult years.

Christianity made its greatest strides...when Christians faced tremendous hardship...during the 282 years before the Bible ever even existed. Christianity grew from the time of Jesus to the time of Constantine not on the back of “the Bible says.” Before the Jewish scriptures and the New Testament documents were combined and titled “the Bible”, Christianity had already replaced the pantheon of Roman, Barbarian, and most Egyptian gods, and was the state religion for the Roman Empire...before anyone ever held the Bible in their hand.

And it would be close to the invention of the printing press before anyone...unless one was a priest...ever held the Bible in their hands. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd century Christians didn’t choose to follow Jesus because of an infallible OT or a non-contradicting NT. They were followers of Jesus because He rose from the dead. For the first 300 years, the focus was centered on an event, not on a book. Is wasn’t “is the Bible true”...it was “did Jesus rise from the dead”...? And Matthew said He did, and so did Mark, and John, and Peter, and James...and then a fire-breathing Pharisee named Paul, who was was gonna put the Jesus movement out of business, becomes a raving fan and dedicated his life to taking the Gospel of Jesus to the Gentiles all over the Roman world.

There’s no explanation for the success of the church if Jesus hadn’t risen from the dead. The success of the church wasn’t the Bible; there was no Bible. The success of the church was totally due to eyewitness accounts of Jesus’ resurrection. Fortunately those who were closest to the event, those who were eyewitnesses of the event, documented it. But they didn’t document what they believed, they documented what they saw.

So if people step away because the Bible doesn’t add up, or for any other reason due to the Bible itself...there is another thing to maybe reconsider...the focus really isn’t the Bible. The focus really is, and always has been, Jesus’ resurrection. Christianity didn’t disrupt the Roman Empire because of the Bible; Christianity disrupted the Roman Empire because of a resurrected Savior.

Very well written.
antlers is by far the most knowledgeable, reasonable, and persuasive member of the Campfire Christian Debate Society.
Hell, I think if I read enough of his posts I might be converted.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
antlers is by far the most knowledgeable, reasonable, and persuasive member of the Campfire Christian Debate Society.

Agreed.

🦫

Too bad. You are living proof, you not lying, because.you will not see her in heaven.

We will tell her hi for you.
Yep. I imagine. Too bad you arent a regular old Bible believing Christian.

Agreed.

🦫

Both of you may find “The History of The Bible “ an interesting read. The author is Mark Taylor and it parallels what Antlers has laid out here.
Originally Posted by WMR

This. But, as the scripture from His word in the Bibleb and connected in the above video, all.believers arent saved in the first rapture and some will have to experience the tribulation.
Originally Posted by EdM

You seem to recall that quite often, Ed.

Sorry, that thread is dead.

Maybe just assume the title correct. For the BELIEVERS

Sorry for the inconvenience and discomfort the thread entailed.

Agreed.

🦫

Both of you may find “The History of The Bible “ an interesting read. The author is Mark Taylor and it parallels what Antlers has laid out here.

Whoa, Toots, I got my fill of religion from my youth, sitting on pews listening to Southern Baptist lighting the pyres I would eventually be burning upon, if I didn’t change my ways.

Antlers, to me, has a genuine way of expressing his life, without making others feel lesser than for believing in scripture or not.

Just a solid dude.

🦫
Amen.

Christianity made its greatest strides...when Christians faced tremendous hardship...during the 300 or so years before the Bible ever even existed. Christianity grew from the time of Jesus to the time of Constantine not on the back of “the Bible says.” Before the Jewish scriptures and the New Testament documents were combined and titled “the Bible”, Christianity had already replaced the pantheon of Roman, Barbarian, and most Egyptian gods, and was the state religion for the Roman Empire...before anyone ever held the Bible in their hands.

Excellent summation, sir!

Here is a link about the separation between church and state.
Church-state This is not a law nor in the Constitution, but an opinion of a couple of the founders, but it is considered the right thing to keep Government out of religion, not Religious people from being in Government. Many countries in the past had State Religions and our founders wanted to keep that out on the US. Hence the part of the 1st amendment about making no laws concerning religion. Many seem to think it is the other way around, either from ignorance or just from having an agenda. miles
Originally Posted by milespatton

Church-state This is not a law nor in the Constitution, but an opinion of a couple of the founders, but it is considered the right thing to keep Government out of religion, not Religious people from being in Government. Many countries in the past had State Religions and our founders wanted to keep that out on the US. Hence the part of the 1st amendment about making no laws concerning religion. Many seem to think it is the other way around, either from ignorance or just from having an agenda. miles

Thanks for the link, Miles.
Nuttzzz.....
Yep. I imagine. Too bad you arent a regular old Bible believing Christian.

laugh
Why do you keep posting hour-long videos and demanding "for believers only?"

You have no claim on an hour of anyone's life.

If you want "believers only" to watch your stuff, post it where there are only believers.

And why do you guys always portray Jesus as some sort of long haired northern European traipsing around in a nightgown like a homo?

Your Jesus concept doesn't have very many Semitic features.

Agreed.

🦫

Whoa, Toots, I got my fill of religion from my youth, sitting on pews listening to Southern Baptist lighting the pyres I would eventually be burning upon, if I didn’t change my ways.

Antlers, to me, has a genuine way of expressing his life, without making others feel lesser than for believing in scripture or not.

Just a solid dude.

🦫

Not pushing or selling anything, bro.

It’s a good read whether one believes or doesn’t believe or is somewhere in between.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Why do you keep posting hour-long videos and demanding "for believers only?"

You have no claim on an hour of anyone's life.

If you want "believers only" to watch your stuff, post it where there are only believers.

And why do you guys always portray Jesus as some sort of long haired northern European traipsing around in a nightgown like a homo?

Your Jesus concept doesn't have very many Semitic features.

Dude !

Ezduzit, Indy.
Have been doing some reading. Am surprised that many denominations do not recognize the "Third Coming"
Am also amazed by the concept of "Secret Rapture" when everything in the Bible states so obviously of Christ's glorious and majestic return.

What do these denominations do with the millennium? Just ignore it?

Too bad. You are living proof, you not lying, because.you will not see her in heaven.

We will tell her hi for you.

A sanctimonious practitioner assuming the "WE" mantle. How condescending.

mike r
Have been doing some reading. Am surprised that many denominations do not recognize the "Third Coming"
Am also amazed by the concept of "Secret Rapture" when everything in the Bible states so obviously of Christ's glorious and majestic return.

What do these denominations do with the millennium? Just ignore it?

Is it 'return' or is it a 'revealing'???? There is a difference. Apocalypsis Gk: 'a new beginning or an unveiling, a revelation'

AD70 - the destruction of the Great City, the Woman, the Old Temple, the Old Priest Records, the End of 'All Things', the beginning of 'all things' being made NEW...........

BTW How many years was it from the end of Solomon, the last king of a 'unified' Israel, to the destruction of the Old Temple?????
Maybe the Wooden Ships will come?

Agreed.

🦫

Just a solid dude.

🦫

Not pushing or selling anything, bro.

It’s a good read whether one believes or doesn’t believe or is somewhere in between.

Copy that, brother Toot.

🦫

Ecc.

So the latter, then?

Any references in the great book about obeying the government regarding useless masks?

LMAO
You trusted man dumb azz
This is short version Eschatology as I was taught by very learned Bible Scholars, backed up by many PhD Professors.

1: the tribulations. Centered around the keeping of God's commanded Sabbath. This is where the "Mark of the Beast" comes in along with persecution and murder of those who deny The Beast and the AntiChrist.

2: Second coming of Christ in all Glory. Rapture: the bride of Christ, the righteous of his loyal Church will be accepted into the Heavenly Cloud.

Judgement: The dead in Christ will also join Christ and all will ascend back to Heaven for 1000 years. As the living unrighteous are cast into their graves

3: millennium: Satan is chained on Earth for 1000 years as the Earth is devoid of human life, and there is no living person to tempt. Meanwhile the righteous are free to scamper about Heaven.

4: Third coming of Christ, as Christ descends with the Heavenly City onto Earth.

Armageddon: All of Satan's minions are raised. Led by Satan they fall upon the Heavenly City in wave after wave and all are cast into the lake of fire with Satan and annihilated.

5: Heaven established on Earth. Earth become Eden reborn without sin.

And that's all I know about that!
You guys are a hoot....
Let's see....
Revelation 12

A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.
She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.
Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads.
His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born.
She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.
The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.
And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.

So here that is in art.....

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

And here it is in the night sky.
Notice the scales are included (libra).
[Linked Image from static.wixstatic.com]

It's all astrotheological myth.
[Linked Image from img0.etsystatic.com]
[Linked Image from img0.etsystatic.com]

Now that is the perfect victim card, well done.

mike r
Originally Posted by ringworm
You guys are a hoot....
Let's see....
Revelation 12

A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.
She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.
Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads.
His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born.
She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.
The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.
And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.

See, that right there is proof the Mormans are correct. Jesus did visit the New World. AND He took peyote back with him to the Holy Land.
Thanks Shooter.
[Linked Image from d2cbg94ubxgsnp.cloudfront.net]

The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from heaven. It fell on a third of the rivers and springs of water. 11The name of the star is Wormwood, and a third of the waters became wormwood. So, many of the people died from the waters, because they had been made bitter
Originally Posted by ringworm
[Linked Image from d2cbg94ubxgsnp.cloudfront.net]

The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from heaven. It fell on a third of the rivers and springs of water. 11The name of the star is Wormwood, and a third of the waters became wormwood. So, many of the people died from the waters, because they had been made bitter

Interesting that NASA is tracking a huge 1,120-foot-wide asteroid named Apophis that is predicted to come extremely close to Earth in April of 2029. Apophis has been deemed one of the most dangerous asteroids after its discovery in 2004.
Jag missed his calling as a missionary.
Just curious, since several have mentioned Armageddon.

Where, in the Bible, is the phrase the 'Battle of Armageddon' ??????
Hollywood 4:20
Originally Posted by Muffin
Just curious, since several have mentioned Armageddon.

Where, in the Bible, is the phrase the 'Battle of Armageddon' ??????

The name comes from a valley called Megiddo. It's an ancient battle ground. It's also where the final battle when Christ returns to set up his kingdom on earth. It's all written about in the Bible. But that's why we have assigned it that name.
The phrase is '...HE gathered HIS forces at a place called Har Megeddo...'

Which is exactly what Titus' army did when they destroyed Jerusalem......

'...the Battle of Armageddon...' is a made up phrase! NOT found in Scripture.
Because Revelation 16:16 identifies Armageddon (from the ancient Greek Harmagedon, or Mountain of Megiddo) as the scene of an apocalyptic battle between good and evil, the name has become a dramatic byword for the end of the world.

I’d hate for any part of the story to be made up.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Because Revelation 16:16 identifies Armageddon (from the ancient Greek Harmagedon, or Mountain of Megiddo) as the scene of an apocalyptic battle between good and evil, the name has become a dramatic byword for the end of the world.

Didn’t Bruce Willis star in that one?

Rev. says that Har Megiddo is where the forces would be gathered, NOT the battle site...

Rev. speaks of the destruction of the Woman, the Great City, BOTH of which are the same thing, and the city is identified as '...the city wherein our Lord was Crucified...'

Rev 17:18
Rev 11:8
Originally Posted by milespatton

Well said. The people had the right to keep the govt out religion and free from govts interference.
It was incorrectly described as seperation of church and state in a successful satanic driven effort to get religion out of government.
At ome time in many places, one could not serve in govt if they didn't profess a belief in God Almighty.

Now, that term is used illicity to keep religion.out of govt and schools etc
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

At some time in many places, one could not serve in govt if they didn't profess a belief in God Almighty.

Now, that term is used illicity to keep religion.out of govt and schools etc

And you profess that to be a good thing? That a man can not serve in government unless he abides by your religion? I thought you claimed to be a CONSERVATIVE, a CONSTITUTIONALIST.

How about when your religion differs from the majority around you?

That is exactly the reason the 1'st was written. To prevent governmental endorsement or governmental persecution of ANY religion.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Ecc.

So the latter, then?

Any references in the great book about obeying the government regarding useless masks?

LMAO
You trusted man dumb azz

The Book clearly warns about avoiding pretenders, liars and drunkards such as yourself.

Ecc.

So the latter, then?

LMAO
You trusted man dumb azz

The Book clearly warns about avoiding pretenders, liars and drunkards such as yourself.

Like pretending to not be a Covtard you lying dick weasel.

Ecc.

So the latter, then?

LMAO
You trusted man dumb azz

Like pretending to not be a Covtard you lying dick weasel.

With blessings, Flave.

The Tootster

Correct. The actual spot Christ will appear is when Gog and Maygog are about to enter Jerusalem. the study of all of this is more detailed than most of us have the time to do justice by posting on this forum. Also I did not say the actual word was in the scriptures. I suppose you could make one up and promote it and some would use it. If you believe the Bible you also know this battle is going to happen no matter what we call it.

Correct. The actual spot Christ will appear is when Gog and Maygog are about to enter Jerusalem. the study of all of this is more detailed than most of us have the time to do justice by posting on this forum. Also I did not say the actual word was in the scriptures. I suppose you could make one up and promote it and some would use it. If you believe the Bible you also know this battle is going to happen no matter what we call it.

However, the writer of Revelation, said that what he was writing about was to happen 'shortly'.......... or soon!

I don't think that 2000 years is soon...............

Matt 24 - Jesus said that all those 'things', of MT 24,would happen to this generation, that is the generation HE was in when speaking. HE was talking PRIVATELY to Peter, Andrew, James and John and HE said that THEY would see the great tribulation................
God's timing as opposed to your's.......

Ecclesiastes 8:16-17
New International Version
16 When I applied my mind to know wisdom and to observe the labor that is done on earth—people getting no sleep day or night— 17 then I saw all that God has done. No one can comprehend what goes on under the sun. Despite all their efforts to search it out, no one can discover its meaning. Even if the wise claim they know, they cannot really comprehend it.
God's timing as opposed to your's.......

Ecclesiastes 8:16-17
New International Version
16 When I applied my mind to know wisdom and to observe the labor that is done on earth—people getting no sleep day or night— 17 then I saw all that God has done. No one can comprehend what goes on under the sun. Despite all their efforts to search it out, no one can discover its meaning. Even if the wise claim they know, they cannot really comprehend it.

Rev. 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Can GOD tell time!?!?!?!?!

How can there be a blessing, if you cannot understand the language or trust the words to mean what they mean?????
Muffin, do you believe that the Bible prophecies in the Olivet Discourse and the Book of Revelation have already been fulfilled...?

The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain,(F) all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third(G) of the sea turned into blood,(H) 9 a third(I) of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.
Muffin, do you believe that the Bible prophecies in the Olivet Discourse and the Book of Revelation have already been fulfilled...?

Yes!
I wish I could keep up with you good folks, all I now is, I believe.

This.
I will however ask about, earthquakes in diverse places?

Aww Shucks

This thing called geology…

Or possibly Theology......

Possibly

Fugkin potato head.
The Rapture. The name is Latin for “caught up”. It basically comes from one particular verse in the Bible, 1 Thessalonians 4:17: “then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.” The Rapture has inspired a whole series of fictional books called the “Left Behind” series. In it, the saved are “raptured” into heaven, while the unsaved are left behind to fend for themselves on earth.
The rapture is a mysterious disappearance of people, who leave their clothes here on earth. Cars which were driven by the saved are left unmanned. The folks left behind are in a quandary as to what happened. A great tribulation then comes upon the earth, and the anti-christ makes his appearance. The ones left behind then get a second chance at salvation, if they can withstand the forces of the world-uniting anti-christ. Then Jesus returns again to defeat the antichrist.

None of this, except for the overall premise of a rapture is biblical. Why? Well for starters, the Bible says in Revelation 1:7: Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, every one who pierced him; and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

In the Left Behind series, no eye sees Jesus. Everyone left behind is clueless as to what is going on. It’s plain that if they had seen Jesus, they would know what was going on.

The second problem with this series is that there are two “second comings” of Jesus. Once when the people mysteriously disappear, and then again when Jesus returns again and defeats the antichrist. The bible speaks of one and only one coming of Jesus Christ, not two. In 1 Thessalonians 4:15, it says the following:
“For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep.”
Notice St. Paul says “THE coming”, not “A Coming”. There is one and only one second coming of Jesus. And nowhere in the bible does it say that people will mysteriously disappear and leave their clothes behind. That is all made up fiction by the authors of the Left Behind series.

The third problem with these books is that the saved escape the tribulation on earth by being raptured. Matthew 24:21-22: For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. And if those days had not been shortened, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

In the above verses, Jesus tells us about the great tribulation, and also explains that the days of this misery on earth will be shortened for the sake of the elect. That means that the elect, or God’s people, still have to be on earth when the tribulation occurs, and not yet raptured into heaven.
The fourth problem is that the people raptured in the Left Behind series sans clothes are not raptured on the last day of earth. In the novels, there are more days left for the antichrist to wreak havoc on the earth. We know from John 6:54 that the dead will be raised on the last day:

“he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day”

And we also know from Paul that the rapture will take place after the dead are raised. 1 Thessalonians 4:14- 17:

“For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep.
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel's call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.”

And what of the thousand year reign of Christ on earth? It is mentioned in Revelation 20:4:

“Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years. “

Well, we know from the pen of Peter that a thousand years is as a day to the Lord, and a day is like a thousand years (2 Peter 3:1). St. John may have been trying to convey that Christ will reign for a very long time (eternity) by using the phrase “a thousand years”, just like we might say, “I told you a thousand times”, when we may have only told someone 4 or 5 times.

And what about the very premise of being “left behind”? The bible says in Matthew 24:37 - 41:

“As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man. Then two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left.”

In the days of Noah, the saved were left behind on earth, Noah and his family. The unsaved were taken from this earth, and presumably didn’t make it to heaven. Therefore, if the end of the world is similar to those days, as the bible says, being left behind may mean that you will still be here on earth to be raptured later on. The ones taken may be like the flood victims in Noah’s time, and die.

One of the really big assumptions in the Left Behind series is that the saved will rise up to meet Jesus in the clouds, and then they and Jesus return to heaven to await the tribulation and the final judgment. But that isn’t biblical either. Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus will do a U-turn back into heaven at the rapture. Rather, the bible says that Jesus and his kingdom will descend to earth and become the new kingdom (Revelation 11:15 and Revelation 21:2). And the bible also says that we will be judged on that day, the last day, in John 12:48:

“He who rejects me and does not receive my sayings has a judge; the word that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.”

So go ahead and read the Left Behind series if you must, but remember, hardly any of it is biblical. The learned and educated religious people of the Bible didn’t understand the first coming of Christ. Just so, a lot of learned and educated religious people today don’t understand the rapture any better than the Pharisees and the Sadducees did the first time. But, they sure make a lot of money by selling books about their personal opinion of the events surrounding the rapture.

So will the Rapture happen? YES, but it will be a one time event, on the last day of our earthly existence, after the dead have been raised, and it will be seen and witnessed by all.

Unrelated to earthquakes.
Peace be unto all Christ Believer's
Originally Posted by MLC
The Rapture. The name is Latin for “caught up”. It basically comes from one particular verse in the Bible, 1 Thessalonians 4:17: “then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.” The Rapture has inspired a whole series of fictional books called the “Left Behind” series. In it, the saved are “raptured” into heaven, while the unsaved are left behind to fend for themselves on earth.
The rapture is a mysterious disappearance of people, who leave their clothes here on earth. Cars which were driven by the saved are left unmanned. The folks left behind are in a quandary as to what happened. A great tribulation then comes upon the earth, and the anti-christ makes his appearance. The ones left behind then get a second chance at salvation, if they can withstand the forces of the world-uniting anti-christ. Then Jesus returns again to defeat the antichrist.

None of this, except for the overall premise of a rapture is biblical. Why? Well for starters, the Bible says in Revelation 1:7: Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, every one who pierced him; and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

In the Left Behind series, no eye sees Jesus. Everyone left behind is clueless as to what is going on. It’s plain that if they had seen Jesus, they would know what was going on.

The second problem with this series is that there are two “second comings” of Jesus. Once when the people mysteriously disappear, and then again when Jesus returns again and defeats the antichrist. The bible speaks of one and only one coming of Jesus Christ, not two. In 1 Thessalonians 4:15, it says the following:
“For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep.”
Notice St. Paul says “THE coming”, not “A Coming”. There is one and only one second coming of Jesus. And nowhere in the bible does it say that people will mysteriously disappear and leave their clothes behind. That is all made up fiction by the authors of the Left Behind series.

The third problem with these books is that the saved escape the tribulation on earth by being raptured. Matthew 24:21-22: For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. And if those days had not been shortened, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

In the above verses, Jesus tells us about the great tribulation, and also explains that the days of this misery on earth will be shortened for the sake of the elect. That means that the elect, or God’s people, still have to be on earth when the tribulation occurs, and not yet raptured into heaven.
The fourth problem is that the people raptured in the Left Behind series sans clothes are not raptured on the last day of earth. In the novels, there are more days left for the antichrist to wreak havoc on the earth. We know from John 6:54 that the dead will be raised on the last day:

“he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day”

And we also know from Paul that the rapture will take place after the dead are raised. 1 Thessalonians 4:14- 17:

“For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep.
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel's call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.”

And what of the thousand year reign of Christ on earth? It is mentioned in Revelation 20:4:

“Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years. “

Well, we know from the pen of Peter that a thousand years is as a day to the Lord, and a day is like a thousand years (2 Peter 3:1). St. John may have been trying to convey that Christ will reign for a very long time (eternity) by using the phrase “a thousand years”, just like we might say, “I told you a thousand times”, when we may have only told someone 4 or 5 times.

And what about the very premise of being “left behind”? The bible says in Matthew 24:37 - 41:

“As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man. Then two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left.”

In the days of Noah, the saved were left behind on earth, Noah and his family. The unsaved were taken from this earth, and presumably didn’t make it to heaven. Therefore, if the end of the world is similar to those days, as the bible says, being left behind may mean that you will still be here on earth to be raptured later on. The ones taken may be like the flood victims in Noah’s time, and die.

One of the really big assumptions in the Left Behind series is that the saved will rise up to meet Jesus in the clouds, and then they and Jesus return to heaven to await the tribulation and the final judgment. But that isn’t biblical either. Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus will do a U-turn back into heaven at the rapture. Rather, the bible says that Jesus and his kingdom will descend to earth and become the new kingdom (Revelation 11:15 and Revelation 21:2). And the bible also says that we will be judged on that day, the last day, in John 12:48:

“He who rejects me and does not receive my sayings has a judge; the word that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.”

So go ahead and read the Left Behind series if you must, but remember, hardly any of it is biblical. The learned and educated religious people of the Bible didn’t understand the first coming of Christ. Just so, a lot of learned and educated religious people today don’t understand the rapture any better than the Pharisees and the Sadducees did the first time. But, they sure make a lot of money by selling books about their personal opinion of the events surrounding the rapture.

So will the Rapture happen? YES, but it will be a one time event, on the last day of our earthly existence, after the dead have been raised, and it will be seen and witnessed by all.

I pretty much agree with this post.

Virtually every one of the crowd I normally run with are pre-Trib proponents. We do have some interesting discussions around the campfire.

One smart …. No, one wise man in our group says something like this: “…. Pre-Trib, mid-trib or post-trib doesn’t matter to him. He will live his life as he always has….. he says he does believe ‘difficult times’ are coming and he and his family are prepared for hard times……and he notes that times can get pretty bad here whether the rapture is imminent or not.”
Left Behind is amusing and entertaining, but the doctrinal content is out in left field. Get your doctrine from a King James Bible rightly divided. Left Behind should be left behind.
[Linked Image from bgcdn.s3.amazonaws.com]
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Left Behind is amusing and entertaining, but the doctrinal content is out in left field. Get your doctrine from a King James Bible rightly divided. Left Behind should be left behind.

Amen brother.
I have a question for you guys. Should the contents of the Bible be argued over?
Sound doctrine and truth matter.

Many “arguments” are simply folks searching for agreement or endorsement of some previously held belief. Folks just don’t want to be wrong or feel that something they have held as true is under attack.

Sweet sounding, comforting lies are often welcomed in…..especially if those lies are consistent with some previously held belief.

Hard truth, especially if it is conflict with a previously held belief, is only reluctantly let inside.
I have a question for you guys. Should the contents of the Bible be argued over?

It would a first for the ol' 'fire.

Unrelated to earthquakes.

Not so.

Caused by “Fracking Believers.”

If one uses the legal term "argue" of course it should be argued over. "Come let us reason together..."
© 24hourcampfire