-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Rapture" is a modern heretical invention. Everyone who is alive at the time will all have to eat of the same schitt sammich that's is coming.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Remsen
Sorry, I accidentally watched. I'll do a few hail moshe's.

You were warned, only believers should reply in posts.

Sorry, jag, Brother Remsen ain’t much on reading fine print.

Laffin

🦫

Well, its surprising to me but it appears you may have a point there, Brother Beaver. It would be nice if he would join the congregation
grin

I joined Deacon Flave's congregation last year, but I sort of fell out of favor with the powers that be for reasons to be determined. But later this year I'll be back in the Holy Land for business and I was thinking of heading up to the Galilee to get dunked in water (I mean drinking a bunch of beer in Tiberias, eating even more grilled lamb and then swimming in the Kineret when I run out of beer).

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The Bible shows three separate and distinct raptures.

A Pre Tribulation rapture of Church Age believers described primarily in 1 Thessalonians 4 and 1 Corinthians 15. This one is for the Bride of Christ -- His Body.

A Mid Tribulation rapture -- not for the Bride of Christ -- the church, but saved people from the first part of the Tribulation to provide guests for the Marriage supper of the Lamb. (halfway through the tribulation.) Matthew 24

A Post Tribulation Rapture of people who were saved throughout the Tribulation -- the time of Jacob's trouble. Jeremiah 30:7

Have fun with that one. I was talking to a a guy once who said he didn't believe in the rapture. I asked him which one he didn't believe in. Stuff like that cracks me up. That is why you are told to rightly divide the word of truth because there are divisions in it, and you can ball it up like a Chinese fire drill.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by the_shootist
The Bible shows three separate and distinct raptures.

A Pre Tribulation rapture of Church Age believers described primarily in 1 Thessalonians 4 and 1 Corinthians 15. This one is for the Bride of Christ -- His Body.

A Mid Tribulation rapture -- not for the Bride of Christ -- the church, but saved people from the first part of the Tribulation to provide guests for the Marriage supper of the Lamb. (halfway through the tribulation.) Matthew 24

A Post Tribulation Rapture of people who were saved throughout the Tribulation -- the time of Jacob's trouble. Jeremiah 30:7

Have fun with that one. I was talking to a a guy once who said he didn't believe in the rapture. I asked him which one he didn't believe in. Stuff like that cracks me up. That is why you are told to rightly divide the word of truth because there are divisions in it, and you can ball it up like a Chinese fire drill.

In Matt 24, JESUS is speaking to 4 men, Peter, Andrew, James and John, and he said that 'they' would see the great tribulation, he further said that 'all these things' will happen to THIS generation!?!?!?!?!?

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by P_Weed
freedom of religion?

And Freedom from religion.

Not here.

Folks are free not to read it or to comment on it.

True. And, if you approve, free to read and comment. K?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Ringman
How about Matthew 13 and 1 Corinthians 15. You know where God tells us the unrighteous will be taken out from among the righteous and Jesus will return at the last trumpet.

Yes indeed! Two more excellent chapters to study.
In I Corinthians 15, it begins with the requirements for the catching up....rapture....harpazo.

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep."

Man's response to this fact is outlined from Genesis to Revelation. It's emphasized exactly 100 times in John's gospel with the word BELIEVE.

This excludes any of man's works and instead requires the decision of faith.
It's simply a matter of rejection of religion of good works for a decision of undeserved acceptance of the gift of eternal life through faith (believing) in Christ.

The Lord will eventually will catch up the believers in a bodily resurrection as they receive a transformed resurrection body.
Those who die in Christ will also be caught up, soul and spirit, to be with Him. Either way it's His guarantee. I Thess. 4

Just for a bit of clarification? Is my saintly grandmother dead and lying in her grave waiting for the second coming?
Or is she already sitting at the side of her beloved Jesus?

II Corinthians 5:7...

"Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

You probably already know, Idaho Shooter, but for those who might have background in the two religions that teach that a soul sleeps in their dead body in the grave...the word sleep is synonymous with the body's death. That is clearer in the previous verse.

I Thessalonians 4
"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.....and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

There's a few verses I left out for brevity, but you get the idea and context.

The first sentence is a spiritual fact that he doesn't want us " to be ignorant "of. He wants us to know that...
A. Not to sorrow as those who have no hope.
Hope of what? Reuniting with family. It is conditional on the following.
B. " IF we BELIEVE that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.....and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

This is a condensed way of saying the same thing described in my previous post above .
That promise was for your grandmother as well as for you.

In spite of our differences over the past, I hope that you will see her some day. That is a very real promise from Genesis and repeated in more details and clarity as the Bible unfolds.

The promise of everlasting life with the Lord is offered to who quit trying to be good enough for heaven and simply decide to believe part B.

Then the last sentence is...
"Wherefore comfort one another with these words." 18

This comfort applies to all who know that none of us deserves anything but condemnation. " There's none righteous, no not one."

John 3:18 18
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-3-18/

That leaves us all condemned . There's no amount of good works we can do for salvation.
Believe is the key word.
The sig has more details.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
freedom of religion?

Not here.

I could care less, bender, no approval required or implied unless you insist on making it appear that way.

What I said still holds. K?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

In spite of our differences over the past, I hope that you will see her some day. That is a very real promise from Genesis and repeated in more details and clarity as the Bible unfolds.

The promise of everlasting life with the Lord is offered to who quit trying to be good enough for heaven and simply decide to believe part B.

This comfort applies to all who know that none of us deserves anything but condemnation. " There's none righteous, no not one."

One of my very few regrets in this life is that I was unable to lie and tell Grandma that I expected to see her again.

Those words would have made her gloriously happy. But I could NOT lie to her.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
freedom of religion?

Not here.

I could care less, bender, no approval required or implied unless you insist on making it appear that way.

What I said still holds. K?

Ditto! 😁

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

One of my very few regrets in this life is that I was unable to lie and tell Grandma that I expected to see her again.

Don’t sweat the small stuff, IS. As long as someone draws a breath, they are not lost. Salvation is a lot more simple than the sages will let on. The gift is there for anyone to accept. I hope you make the right choice. Then give our best to your grandma.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by WMR

Don’t sweat the small stuff, IS. As long as someone draws a breath, they are not lost. Salvation is a lot more simple than the sages will let on. The gift is there for anyone to accept. I hope you make the right choice. Then give our best to your grandma.
Amen to that!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I dunno? Better to go with cut and sew for ruptures, or go with mesh? My doc messed up one side with mesh.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I seem to recall there was once a "sub 'fire" titled "Religion" or some such thing. Ya know a place for the believers to chat. Whatever happened to it?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
I seem to recall there was once a "sub 'fire" titled "Religion" or some such thing. Ya know a place for the believers to chat. Whatever happened to it?

"Christ at the Campfire". He got run off.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EdM

They ate each other.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I know how you feel.
The good thing is that people have a challenging time trying to see the need for the Savior. We all tend to add preconceived notions of what we must add to the sacrifice to be saved. There's a laundry list of good works as many as sins we can remember. When that challenge is overcome by the realization of being personally condemned, the solution is clear.
The rest of the quote above from Christ is here from the top of the page down to verse 18.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-3-18/

It's repeated exactly 100 times in different ways in that short book, but all pointing to Him as the only object of trust for salvation.

Here's a plain one from Acts 16:30...
"Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

A jailor asked the question and the response was the same for him as it was for all his family.

https://youtu.be/Efg-DarUE7U

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by WMR

But you fail to understand. I am sweating nothing. I am comfortable with my decision to remain honest with Grandma. I was sad to see her less than happy, but it could not have been different.

I have lost nothing as I know for a fact there is nothing after the EEG goes flat. Even the Universe shall end in due time. Man will go extinct long before that. And I shall be extinct even long before that.

If some folks need the crutch of Religion and the threat of Hell to prevent their descent into depravity: great. I am glad those who need that have it available.

If some folks feel complete and or fulfilled by their religion: Wondeful! I am glad for them.

But I have never felt the need for a hope for a better future than I can build for myself.

All I can find between the covers of the Bible is myth and propaganda invented by a Priesthood to keep that Priesthood fat, wealthy, and well laid.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM

Even believers tend to disagree with each other.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (257wthbylover, 219DW, 270cowboy, 22250rem, 3040Krag, 12344mag, 51 invisible), 1,773 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,133
Posts18,523,163
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.