Home
I read the Mormon church agreed to pay $250 million in acknowledgment they sponsored the Boy Scouts of America's widespread sexual perversion and abuse. I was also surprised to see The Hartford will pay an insurance claim for $787 million. I was almost certain that it was illegal to insure criminal activity. That was the justification for why concealed carry insurance was not legal to cover your ass if you make a criminal mistake.
I was in the Boy Scouts for 6 years, 3 years in Boy Scouts and 3 years in Explorers. I went on over 80 weekend campouts, and I went to summer camp 5 times. I was around hundreds of Scouts, and dozens of Scout leaders. I never saw any hint of child perversion stuff going on. Never saw a Scout go into the tent of an advisor, nothing of the kind. I never heard a single word of this going on.

I don't doubt that here and there a Scout leader molested a boy, but not anywhere to the degree that it is being portrayed today. I see ads on tv, "If you were in the Scouts in the sixties or seventies contact Goldstein and Feingold today, you will get your money!!"

You got some poor, drunk, down on his luck 65 year old man, who happened to have been in the Boy Scouts for 2 years, he remembers his troop number and he remembers the name of his troop leader, he makes up stories about what didn't happen when he was 12 years old, he puts $2 million in his pocket, and Goldstein and Feingold put $1 million in their bank account.

You don't suppose that ambulance-chasing lawyers would get someone to lie for money, do you?
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I was in the Boy Scouts for 6 years, 3 years in Boy Scouts and 3 years in Explorers. I went on over 80 weekend campouts, and I went to summer camp 5 times. I was around hundreds of Scouts, and dozens of Scout leaders. I never saw any hint of child perversion stuff going on. Never saw a Scout go into the tent of an advisor, nothing of the kind. I never heard a single word of this going on.

I don't doubt that here and there a Scout leader molested a boy, but not anywhere to the degree that it is being portrayed today. I see ads on tv, "If you were in the Scouts in the sixties or seventies contact Goldstein and Feingold today, you will get your money!!"

You got some poor, drunk, down on his luck 65 year old man, who happened to have been in the Boy Scouts for 2 years, he remembers his troop number and he remembers the name of his troop leader, he makes up stories about what didn't happen when he was 12 years old, he puts $2 million in his pocket, and Goldstein and Feingold put $1 million in their bank account.

You don't suppose that ambulance-chasing lawyers would get someone to lie for money, do you?

This.

Bet money on it.
Western_Juniper moved from Chicago to Portland to escape domestic abuse charges from his estranged wife of 24 years.

The FBI is looking for his real identity and whereabouts for questioning. A reward is offered for this information.
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

This.

Same here. I was in Cub Scouts and then Boy Scouts and then Young Life. Not one time did I ever see or hear of any misconduct like being portrayed. I don't doubt that some of it happened, but I doubt that it was wide spread.
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Western_Juniper moved from Chicago to Portland to escape domestic abuse charges from his estranged wife of 24 years.

The FBI is looking for his real identity and whereabouts for questioning. A reward is offered for this information.

WTF???

I hope you have plenty of money to pay a defamation judgement unless you can prove that statement.
Originally Posted by Hastings

I hope you have plenty of money to pay a defamation judgement unless you can prove that statement.

Exactly, where and what are the sources of claims that get posted.
I did not post baseless claims. The Mormons agreed. Fact.
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper

Link?
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/9...lement-boy-scouts-sexual-abuse-insurance
Western Juniper: I was referring to the accusation made against you by Mr. HitnRun. If I read his post correctly it seems he has you being a fugitive in a case unrelated to this thread.
Something like this you pay up to make it go away. There is no way to defend it court.

I read where there are 82,000 victims that have come forward. That would be what, 2000 kids molested per year over the period of 40+ years? Sorry, but I have difficulty is buying that. That would be 2000 in every state, and the parents never got wind of it and no "scout leaders' were every taken out behind the barn and got the crap beat out of them for diddling boys? Come on!
Never was in the Boy Scouts.

But the Boy Scouts taught millions about God, family and country.

Now who would be against that? You would have to be a Communist.

Oh wait, it all makes perfect sense now.
Western Juniper: I was referring to the accusation made against you by Mr. HitnRun. If I read his post correctly it seems he has you being a fugitive in a case unrelated to this thread.

I detected that his insinuation was that my claims were similarly baseless.
How much of this is factual will never be known. However, sponsors like Levi Strauss forced the BSA to admit homosexual leaders and the BSA leadership made some very bad choices. It has destroyed the organization and forced it into bankruptcy.
Homos attracted to teenage boys is very common. The priesthood and the Boy Scouts would attract those ''men''. I'm sure there is truth to some of these claims. I was a Boy Scout in the mid-60s and our leaders were the fathers of scouts and most were WW2 veterans. The worst I remember was a little bit of semi-dirty joke telling by one of the adults.

+1
4 years here.

Yeah!

Same as those Catholics!

All hearsay!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yeah!

Same as those Catholics!

All hearsay!

LOL
Tell a lie often enough! Edk
Homos attracted to teenage boys is very common. The priesthood and the Boy Scouts would attract those ''men''. I'm sure there is truth to some of these claims. I was a Boy Scout in the mid-60s and our leaders were the fathers of scouts and most were WW2 veterans. The worst I remember was a little bit of semi-dirty joke telling by one of the adults.

I've read that it has been estimated by experts to be as high as 4% of the population (the portion with pedophilia, that is sexual feelings toward children, not necessarily acts of abuse). If that is so, in a group of 100, leaders would have four (probably unknown) persons that they've got to be concerned with avoiding temptation, and the other 96 to maintain accountability to prevent false accusations. Suppose a group or church of 100 people has a few. It's probable those few will be among the portion attracted to the things involving kids.

Whether it's homos or greedy ambulance chasers, we've got to look out. Background checks aren't enough because they don't predict behavior of people that haven't previously offended. They're also costly and often not re-checked for years.

FWIW, I've never been LDS or BSA, was never abused, not acquainted with anyone who was, nor am I the supposed 4%. I do have children and I volunteer. There are big organizations like 4-H, medium ones like AWANA, and small ones like the local church or the local martial arts gym. Most groups have strict CPP's, but some like my kid's guitar teacher do not. Most parents would leave their kids alone with him, but I always stayed. I learned more about guitar that way. Where there are strict CPP's, they're not always followed strictly. They often require "two adults" but when there's a shortage of volunteers, I've been alone in a room with kids (a group) and a security camera instead of another adult. I wonder if one day we'll be wearing body cams.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

You know the Spartan culture was based on pederasty? When you say that, you're identifying with homos, f ags and boy abusers like Leonidas.

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

You know the Spartan culture was based on pederasty? When you say that, you're identifying with homos, f ags and boy abusers like Leonidas.

FUQK The Fuqk Off F A G G O T.

I use in reference to 2nd Amendment Rights. BUT YOUR NOT THAT SMART.

Your the one that seems most interested in Pedophilia.

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Are you and Happy Camper related??? You both seem very fixated on homosexuality and pedophilia.

Does thou protest to much…
Originally Posted by Springcove

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Are you and Happy Camper related??? You both seem very fixated on homosexuality and pedophilia.

Probably one and the same.

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

That would not surprise me one bit.

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Or ElkLier AKA ElkTurdBurglar.

He hasn’t showed his Cowardly face since he got roughed up this weekend.

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Ole Cockwomble91 posted about 2 hours ago on the SARS thread. Captain cut and paste is never far away…

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Ole Cockwomble91 posted about 2 hours ago on the SARS thread. Captain cut and paste is never far away…

LOL. He’s a real slow learner.
Lol!!!!
Defamation of Character suit from postings on 24hr.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄
Originally Posted by renegade50
Lol!!!!
Defamation of Character suit from postings on 24hr.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

That’s no schiit…

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

"The dumb ass speaking with man's voice."..

I've been on the same page with you on a lot of issues.
Look Jack, I posted one sermon recently AGAINST crossdressing freaks. It would have been the last sermon I posted on queers but Your best buddies went crazy defensive and trolled more than I ever saw. Maybe YOU are for the Drag Queen Story Hour crap, but I can stand with the Lord against it AND you if that's the side you want to take chlinstructor.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Look Jack, I posted one sermon recently AGAINST crossdressing freaks. It would have been the last sermon I posted on queers but Your best buddies went crazy defensive and trolled more than I ever saw. Maybe YOU are for the Drag Queen Story Hour crap, but I can stand with the Lord against it AND you if that's the side you want to take chlinstructor.

LOL. 🤪
Hatari: " That would be 2000 in every state, and the parents never got wind of it and no "scout leaders' were every taken out behind the barn and got the crap beat out of them for diddling boys? Come on!"

Thank you. Almost every kid in Boy Scouts with me had a father who fought in WW2. If a man in 1964 found out that the troop leader had raped his son, that man would show up at the next Scout meeting and drag that pervert into the parking lot, and beat the hell out of him. And, probably would not be touched by local cops they would give him a medal.

As I said, just last year these shyster law firms were running ads on tv, that if you were in the Scouts in the sixties or seventies, you had until, I think it was last December, to get in your claim.
They are going to make allegations of something that might have happened 50 years ago. The Scout leader has probably already passed away. There are no videotapes and no forensic evidence. All the guy has to do is to prove that he actually was in the Boy Scouts, and if he can't remember the name of the troop leader, I'm sure the lawyers can look that up for him.

No witnesses, no evidence, and yet these lawyers can collect millions on an unprovable claim. Our civil court system is screwed up.
I was in the cub scouts in 1961 and 1962.
I was the victim of boredom, doing arts and crafts on a plywood table in the den mother's garage.
Is there a fund for that?
[quote=chlinstructor]

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

BUT YOUR NOT THAT SMART.

LOL
[quote=chlinstructor]

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

BUT YOUR NOT THAT SMART.

LOL

That you ElkTurdBurglar AKA ElkSlayer Liar ???
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

This.

+1
I got my eagle scout through an LDS scout troop. My oldest boy did the same. I have been a scout leader or parent volunteer many times over the years. BSA messed up when they gave into political pressure and now my youngest boy will not get those same experiences. I never saw a single thing at a boy scout event that was even close to being abuse. I saw a lot of worrying about avoiding bad situations, "two-deep leadership", etc. to make sure that bad things or false accusations did not occur.

I am sure there are plenty of isolated incidents of inappropriate behavior which is inevitable in any large organization. It certainly goes against everything the BSA and LDS Church teach and practice but predators are predators and learn how to accomplish their goals. Sponsoring an organization that ended up with a few bad apples and sponsoring specific acts are two totally different things.

Anybody looking for a settlement would definitely put a target on whoever has the largest check book. The LDS church's is certainly big enough to attract attention.

Sad state of affairs when an organization like the BSA that was built on solid values and worthwhile goals is brought to its knees by politics and lawyers.

Only if they are able to breathe.
Originally Posted by MedRiver
I got my eagle scout through an LDS scout troop. My oldest boy did the same. I have been a scout leader or parent volunteer many times over the years. BSA messed up when they gave into political pressure and now my youngest boy will not get those same experiences. I never saw a single thing at a boy scout event that was even close to being abuse. I saw a lot of worrying about avoiding bad situations, "two-deep leadership", etc. to make sure that bad things or false accusations did not occur.

I am sure there are plenty of isolated incidents of inappropriate behavior which is inevitable in any large organization. It certainly goes against everything the BSA and LDS Church teach and practice but predators are predators and learn how to accomplish their goals. Sponsoring an organization that ended up with a few bad apples and sponsoring specific acts are two totally different things.

Anybody looking for a settlement would definitely put a target on whoever has the largest check book. The LDS church's is certainly big enough to attract attention.

Sad state of affairs when an organization like the BSA that was built on solid values and worthwhile goals is brought to its knees by politics and lawyers.

As ive always said, lowyers sued the BSA to let Pedos in the kids and then sued the BSA because they let Pedos in the kids.
Now we know why Shakespeare said what he said.

I detected that his insinuation was that my claims were similarly baseless.

Baseless and inaccurate. I don’t see anywhere that the Mormons or anyone else for that matter, have agreed that they sponsored any such claim of pederesty. Sponsoring intimates an open support of that activity, and nowhere is that claimed or proven.

As the link states, the Methodist Church was another huge sponsor of Scouting, yet no similar charge was posted by you.

You obviously like posting conflicting statements and bend the interpretation to make someone or a group appear guilty of something not true.

You need to go before a group of concerned people with your intelligence and see what that gets you. Here at least, you can find some worthless support.
I already linked the LDS-church owned Deseret News article that reads, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has agreed to pay $250 million..." I did not make the claim that you accuse me of only "intimating," that the LDS church openly supported pederasty. They're paying acknowledges complicity in the pederasty through their sponsorship. The Methodist Church (UMC) has not yet agreed to pay, but there is a lot of evidence they've been subverted by sexual immorality and I won't be surprised if they also acknowledge complicity.
I went through the Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Explorer Scouts. I worked at a Boy Scout Camp as an instructor between a couple of years of High School. I never saw anything resembling abuse but we all knew to steer clear of a certain guy's father at Boy Scout Camp. He was creepy enough that most of us were spooked by him. He wasn't a perp as far as I knew. Just acted like a pedo. I think it is a Communist item on a list to make the Boy Scouts of America fail. They are teaching kids to be good men. Sad state of affairs. Are we waiting for the revolution to start? It is right in front of us by the looks of things. Some just don't want to admit it. Be well, RZ.
Originally Posted by MedRiver

It was not just “isolated incidents”. When my kids were scout age, there was a local (east Idaho) scandal that came to light. Long story short, there was an abuser that molested boys at scout camp. Church leaders “counseled” the offender, and put him back in charge of kids. At least TWICE.

When one of the molested kids came forward, he was told to shut up and let the Church handle it. The kid didn’t after seeing that the Church kept putting the offender back in charge of kids, so the church harassed him to the point of chasing him out of town and then kicking him out of the church. Problem finally solved in their mind, I guess?

Does that sound like an isolated incident?

Needless to say, my kids did not participate in the Boy Scouts.
I already linked the LDS-church owned Deseret News article that reads, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has agreed to pay $250 million..." I did not make the claim that you accuse me of only "intimating," that the LDS church openly supported pederasty. They're paying acknowledges complicity in the pederasty through their sponsorship. The Methodist Church (UMC) has not yet agreed to pay, but there is a lot of evidence they've been subverted by sexual immorality and I won't be surprised if they also acknowledge complicity.

You pathetic wretch, read the title of your post. You said that Mormons sponsored pederasty!
I think that a lot of boys benefited from Scouting, particularly boys who were being raised in homes without a strong male role model, My Son was in scouting for several years, Cubs, Webelos, and Boy. He earned the BSA rank of Life Scout, but quit because he was seeing scouts being promoted in his troop despite not actually doing the work or holding the necessary troop leadership positions.

I think that the U.S. would be a better country if the majority of us made a sincere commitment to try and live our lives guided by the twelve principles of The Scout Law.

You can't go too far wrong by being Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courtious, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

Or so it seems to me.
There are more sexual predators than many people realize. Predators go where the hunting is best. All males that choose to seek a power position involving children should be carefully vetted and constantly scrutinized, priests, teachers, youth leaders etc. Every parent must be suspicious of any male that has opportunity to be alone w/ a child including relatives and friends/neighbors.

Trannies and overt perverts are not the threat. Your neighbor and BIL and others are covert and expert at covering their tracks. Many communities publish addresses of registered sex offenders and these should be monitored carefully even though they only represent 5% of the actual threats.

Women and children are most likely to be abused by a person that they thought loved them.

#stayvigilant

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Women and children are most likely to be abused by a person that they thought loved them.
Yep. Most abusers are either immediate family members or other close relatives. The numbers of children that have been abused by some in the Catholic Church or some in the Boy Scouts (for examples) pales in comparison to the numbers of children that have been abused by immediate family members or other close relatives.
Only takes a few bad apples to spoil the barrel.
Originally Posted by antlers
Yep. Most abusers are either immediate family members or other close relatives. The numbers of children that have been abused by some in the Catholic Church or some in the Boy Scouts (for examples) pales in comparison to the numbers of children that have been abused by immediate family members or other close relatives.

JFC. I never thought about that.
I read the Mormon church agreed to pay $250 million in acknowledgment they sponsored the Boy Scouts of America's widespread sexual perversion and abuse. I was also surprised to see The Hartford will pay an insurance claim for $787 million. I was almost certain that it was illegal to insure criminal activity. That was the justification for why concealed carry insurance was not legal to cover your ass if you make a criminal mistake.

I heard about this and it is likely true. One must remember that the LDS Church was one of the largest sponsors of Boy Scouts back in the day. When the Scouts got sued, all the sponsors probably got sued as well. Even if LDS is totally innocent, $250 million is cheap to avoid the consequences of a lawsuit.
Hatari: " That would be 2000 in every state, and the parents never got wind of it and no "scout leaders' were every taken out behind the barn and got the crap beat out of them for diddling boys? Come on!"

Thank you. Almost every kid in Boy Scouts with me had a father who fought in WW2. If a man in 1964 found out that the troop leader had raped his son, that man would show up at the next Scout meeting and drag that pervert into the parking lot, and beat the hell out of him. And, probably would not be touched by local cops they would give him a medal.

As I said, just last year these shyster law firms were running ads on tv, that if you were in the Scouts in the sixties or seventies, you had until, I think it was last December, to get in your claim.
They are going to make allegations of something that might have happened 50 years ago. The Scout leader has probably already passed away. There are no videotapes and no forensic evidence. All the guy has to do is to prove that he actually was in the Boy Scouts, and if he can't remember the name of the troop leader, I'm sure the lawyers can look that up for him.

No witnesses, no evidence, and yet these lawyers can collect millions on an unprovable claim. Our civil court system is screwed up.

I was in Scouts for 4 years. My three sons did six years up to Explorer etc. Nothing happened bad to any of us, not even a hint.
There was not problem at all until they started letting queers join and be leaders.
You can't go too far wrong by being Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courtious, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent."

That's right! I took all that Boy Scout stuff seriously. "Be Prepared" the Boy Scout motto. I always try to be prepared. Also I can still tie a bowline knot, comes in handy.
There are more sexual predators than many people realize. Predators go where the hunting is best. All males that choose to seek a power position involving children should be carefully vetted and constantly scrutinized, priests, teachers, youth leaders etc. Every parent must be suspicious of any male that has opportunity to be alone w/ a child including relatives and friends/neighbors.

#stayvigilant

mike r

This is very true. I'm always suspicious of those that want to work with kids. When my bishop called me in and made me scout leader I told him no that I didn't want to do it. I said I'm sure there are many others here at church that want the job so give it to them. He then told me he tried to avoid putting adults in scouts that wanted to be in it. He then insisted I take the job.

I told him I didn't like working with kids and that most of them were mouthy and rude femi little mama's boys that would just piss me off. A lot of the kids in the groups parents were college professor types and none of the kids had any outdoor interests or skills. The Bishop then told me he really needed me to do it because the kids needed a more traditional male role model and it needed to be someone that wasn't going to put up with them and their parents crying about every little thing.

I decided to give it a try and I found a couple other traditional guys at church that didn't want to do it either and we formed a new troop. I got in trouble with the parents right off the bat because the kids wanted to call their new troop the my little ponies or the rainbow brights, no kidding! I was supposed to let them pick their troop name but I said hell no they might as well call themselves the little pink pansies. That got back to the parents and I was in trouble week one. One mother said she thought it was great the kids thought of sweet names because she said they were such sweet kids. I tried not to vomit and then said if they want to be sweet they can call themselves the honey badgers but I wasn't allowing anything sweeter than that. Honey badgers it was and it was kind of funny because it was around the time the video of the gay sounding guy talking about how bad ass honey badgers were was going around.

I ended up being a scout leader for around 2 years and I hated it at first but learned to tolerate it. It was overwhelming feeling responsible for keeping them safe and always having to lay down the laws.

In the end some off the kids really caught on to out doors stuff and quit acting like such little whimps. I think they just grow up a lot during those years. I ran into one of the old honey badgers a few months ago and he's all grown up and seemed like a decent kid that had his head on straight. He thanked me for putting up with him in scouts and told me he loves the outdoors, owned guns and was learning to hunt. He said his dad had actually taken up trap shooting too and his dad was a big city Californian that moved here when his wife got a job at the university.

Scouting had a lot to offer and could be a really good thing for kids but like so many things with potential for good these days evil infiltrated it any way it could and destroyed it.

Bb
I was in Cub Scouts and a short time in Webelos. We learned hunting, fishing, camping, knot tying, trapping, canoeing, bridge building, fire-starting, swimming, cooking, tug-of-war, shooting, archery, and rope swinging into a lake. It was a fabulous time in my life. Incidentally, we weren't associated with any men. Our troop had a Den-MOTHER that was a widow and the mother of one of our troop members.

After becoming the father of 3 daughters, each of them went through the female correlative of Cub Scouts; an organization called Indian Princess.
Most of this stuff is just another attack on an institution the Left hates. I'm sure there have been perverts that got involved to molest kids, but the same can be said for any organization that had mostly kids in it. If this had been called the "Marxist Youth Club" they wouldn't have said a word, even if they knew it was totally true.
That was interesting. The Cub Scouts were run by females. They had Den Mothers. Only when you got into Boy Scouts did you have a man for a leader.
Originally Posted by reivertom
Most of this stuff is just another attack on an institution the Left hates. I'm sure there have been perverts that got involved to molest kids, but the same can be said for any organization that had mostly kids in it. If this had been called the "Marxist Youth Club" they wouldn't have said a word, even if they knew it was totally true.

I think it's called the YMCA
When I was in Mexico city in 1972, the guys I was playing guitars with said everyone has sex with the maids.

One of the guy's fathers was from Boston and was a exec for a bank. He seriously told me that poor girls first sex is their father.

I never saw anyone having sex in Mexico.

You pathetic wretch, read the title of your post. You said that Mormons sponsored pederasty!

Yes, and then I repeated the claim again in the post you quoted, "Their paying acknowledges complicity in the pederasty through their sponsorship." I reiterate it a third time: The LDS church agreed to pay $250M in an acknowledgement that it sponsored the sexual abuse of boys. This payment isn't charity to the victims. The victim representatives are demanding far more money from the LDS church and one of their representatives is quoted, "[the LDS church] is offering a paltry $250 million to compensate the thousands of abuse survivors who were abused in Mormon Boy Scout troops by Mormon Scout leaders.” If the LDS church did not agree with this, then why did it agree to the tune of $250M? It knows it has a liability because it did do it.
WJ - we noticed the previous three times in the thread you started and then replied to when you weren’t getting the response you wanted.

I was an Eagle Scout and a scout master for many years until they started letting the gays in. Everyone I knew thought that was absolutely stupid and that it would ultimately be the end of the organization. I quit before fudgery became a merit badge. The only reason this is remarkable is because the BSA was once a bulwark of American values. As such, it had to be destroyed by the liberals. That the LDS church had the largest numbers of kids participating in the program seems to be why they’re now contributing to the fund. You will also note they stopped funding the BSA shortly after gay was introduced, that it quickly folded.
I was a scout in the mid-70s in Utah from cub all the way to earning my Eagle. My three younger brothers were also heavily into scouting. I never saw or heard a hint of evidence of sexual misconduct of any kind. We did 8-day 50-mile hikes in the Wind Rivers and Uintas. Did Kayak trips on the Bear River and snow camping (snow caves) every winter. Did all kinds of scout camps. Never saw or heard a hint of impropriety from any scout leader. I think a lot of people are making stuff up to get money.
Pretty good display right here in these replies that show how these situations come to be.

Instant denial without any facts.

It was the Boy Scouts own files that created their undoing.

It's a accumulation of records the BSA kept that they referred to as the "Confidential Files" today more commonly know as the "Perversion Files".
A law firm released the records on Oct. 18, 2012 under a court order after the files were used as key pieces of evidence in a 2010.

The BSA were able to purge many of these records prior to being required to release them.

Still, the records of 1300 men that abused many scouts remained in these files that are dated from 1965 to 1985.

In those years there were no computers that quickly and efficiently searched files and offered instant results.

The pedophiles that abused these children were able to move from one Troop to another once caught knowing they would be not be exposed or turned over to law enforcement.
The only results were they would be added to the BSA Confidential file, a very weak form of blacklisting. Many openly admitted to their crimes knowing there would be no consequences.

They were protected by the BSA in order to save disgrace to the Scouting name. They knowingly protected felons from law enforcement. Being the LDS hosted or Sponsored these scouting events involving these pedophiles places them equally responsible.

Just like the Catholic church, they created a safe haven for these men to operate in by their actions which attracted more and more of these types to become involved.
This enabled these men to abuse more and more children.

If your interested in knowing the facts involved you can search and view these files at the following URL.

https://spreadsheets.latimes.com/boyscouts-cases/
LDS are no better than the papists in this regard.

$250 mil is a drop in the bucket for the spaceship to my own planet "church" coffers.
I remember really wanting to be in Boy Scouts. I liked the idea of doing outdoors stuff and they ran all the scouts' pictures in the newspaper every year. When I got in at 12, my troop leader was pretty hands off. Never any abuse that I knew of. But the kids, were crazy. Using drugs and stealing cars on campouts. Trying to encourage the younger kid (me) to get into trouble. I quickly got out.

Within a couple of years about a third of the troop had been convicted by our lenient local judge for a couple of unrelated local murders, including one murder where they mutilated the body during satanic rituals and another where they killed a Down's Syndrome man because they believed he had ratted them out for dealing. The judge generally gave them sentences of around 5 years. From what I heard, most of them committed more murders inside and earned life sentences. Not sure what eventually happened to all those hoodlums.

Life in an oilfield town back then could be a little rough.
It's estimated that 10% of male rape victims report the crimes committed against them.
The potential of what's taken place within the ranks of the BSA and various religious organizations is staggering.

Those responsible for making the decisions to protect these pedophiles walk free just due to the brands they operate under.

With any less powerful organizations they would be imprisoned and their organizations disband.

Protecting your brand by protecting child rapist is nothing less than child sex trafficing.

They deserve every lawsuit leveled against them and more.
Ol Happy is a priest, troop leader, and in the SDA???? He's got it figured out.
Originally Posted by akasparky
It's estimated that 10% of male rape victims report the crimes committed against them.
The potential of what's taken place within the ranks of the BSA and various religious organizations is staggering
I agree. Not many grown men would now want to dredge that up now. And when they were kids they sure wouldn't have told it. If you are friends with your local sheriff or child protection officer ask them how widespread this issue is. Not just in the Catholic church or BSA.

So you figure the BSA own records from 1965 to 1985 are all fake?

But you can't see how protecting child molesters and not turning them over to law enforcement can manifest itself when you run a organization that hosts a endless supply of young boys for them to molest?

Exactly!

Let's paint those victims to be the evil guilty party.
That'll teach them not to complain.
Y'all think you have it all figured out and that child molestation was an everyday thing in Boy Scouts. I don't agree.
You say that only 10 percent of boys who are molested report it to the police. That may be true, but many boys would tell their fellow Scouts what had happened.

For this type of behavior to happen it had to go on at campouts. I went on at least 50 weekend campouts. We had little pup tents, two boys to a tent. We would have 16 Boy Scouts, and then maybe 2 troop leaders. The troop leaders would be in a big tent. Now, how is one of those men going to lure a boy into that big tent at midnight, without the other man seeing what is going on? The other boy in the pup tent would surely notice when the man came over and got his tent mate out of the tent at midnight.

Further this is hardly a private situation. Eight to ten tents, all within ten feet of each other, boys getting up all night long to go to the bathroom, etc. Hardly the kind of privacy that would be needed for child rape to be going on.

Fifty weekend campouts in Boy Scouts, plus five times to Camp Bert Adams, that is another 30 nights in the woods with hundreds of Scouts. And never a hint of any kind of child molestation.

Of course there would have been scattered instances, but no way it was an everyday thing. Our Scoutmasters in Atlanta were most all WW2 veterans, they were real men and they were there to help and protect little boys, not to harm them.

https://www.newsweek.com/boy-scouts...thousands-sexual-abuse-liability-1631325
I was gang raped by a bunch of Girl Scouts when I was Boy Scout.It scarred me for life or at least 10 seconds.
Anyone following this ambulance is a real stooge. Keep posting the same misinformation about a problem that wasn’t as rampant as people are trying to make it.

2 reasons this stuff even happens:

1 The hope of a lawsuit that turns into a huge windfall

2 Slandering someone or something to get the same thrill a Nigerian gets when he hacks your computer.

In the early 1990’s Pepsi had to defend against a similar debacle when someone claimed they found a syringe in a can of Pepsi, then people all over the country made similar claims, each hoping to cash in on the deception.

What’s the matter with you people?

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

LOL. 🤪

You just got tough talked by a pervert....Jack!
I don't think it's normal or healthy for adults to want to spend a lot of extra time with other adult's children.

Ever.

Youth group, boy scouts, sports....none of that schit.

It takes a village......to molest.
I don't think it's normal or healthy for adults to want to spend a lot of extra time with other adult's children.

Ever.

Why are you soooo bent out of shape and defensive when I post preaching AGAINST the pot bellied bearded "ladies" who twerk at Drag Queen Story Hour???

"Out of the issues of the heart the mouth speaketh".

Your attempts to cover up with the appearance of normality now doesn't cut it big girl.
So spicy!

Ever.

Why are you soooo bent out of shape and defensive when I post preaching AGAINST the pot bellied bearded "ladies" who twerk at Drag Queen Story Hour???

Your attempts to cover up with the appearance of normality now doesn't cut it big girl.

You should never be allowed around children.

You are probably on a registry somewhere anyhow.

Ever.

It shocked me to see a man with children in the back of his car in your posts. Your wife must be really proud of you.

Ever.

It shocked me to see a man with children in the back of his car in your posts. Your wife must be really proud of you.

She is because I am a real man with children.
Y'all think you have it all figured out and that child molestation was an everyday thing in Boy Scouts. I don't agree.

What you don't seem to be able to grasp is it's the BSA's records that document thousands of cases of rape.

They are the ones that figured it out.

They called in the acused for interviews, the men admitted to their crimes, got their hands slapped and moved on to the next troop and did it again, and again.

Many were teachers and youth ministers as well as troop leaders.

The problem was the BSA hid these files, when you hide things people don't know about them.

That's the entire idea of hiding things.

They documented the evidence themselves and didn't report it to law enforcement or the people funding them with donations or the parents of other children that were coming in contact with the pedophiles their actions attracted.

That's why they are being sued and loosing every case.
That's why the law firms involved are calling out to these documented victims who's cases were swept under the BSA carpet to come forward.

It's their own evidence that convicts them.

So, that's who has it all figured out, some of us here have obviously read through the readily available files and some of us have obviously not.

Ever.

She is because I am a real man with children.

Mic drop

Ever.

The Campfire's pathological lying asshat commenting on the normality of others.
Just go away you malformed turd, you have less than zero credibility here.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

The Campfire's pathological lying asshat commenting on the normality of others.
Just go away you malformed turd, you have less than zero credibility here.

^^^^^This

Ever.

A lot of organizations depend on volunteers to operate. Hunter Education depends almost entirely on adult volunteers to teach classes that mostly consist of teenagers and to be positive role models for generations of (mostly) safe and ethical hunters.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Ever.

A lot of organizations depend on volunteers to operate. Hunter Education depends almost entirely on adult volunteers to teach classes that mostly consist of teenagers and to be positive role models for generations of (mostly) safe and ethical hunters.

Do they help bathe each other after a long day of learning Hunters Safety?
I never heard/saw anything inappropriate in the BSA from the late 1960's to the mid-1970's over two different scout troops in the Longhorn Council.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I never heard/saw anything inappropriate in the BSA from the late 1960's to the mid-1970's over two different scout troops in the Longhorn Council.

And I was an alter boy that wasn't molested.

Must be there wasn't any hijinks since we never witnessed it.

Sounds like Jim's been reading some of the files.

The files are searchable by city, state, troop#, etc. If you were curious about any you were involved in.

I checked mine and there was nothing ever reported on those.
But there were some nearby, I probably attended jamboree's and other multi troop events with some of these kids and their molesters.
Lots of you guys have nostalgia clouding facts. When I was growing up, the only people weirder than the kids in scouts were the adult volunteers. I was a teen in the 80's though. I can see cub scouts, but only because of the pinewood derby...by the time you're boy scout age, you should be out hunting/fishing and chasing ass.

And I was an alter boy that wasn't molested.

Must be there wasn't any hijinks since we never witnessed it.

You’re dredging up bad memories for them Jimbo. Denial isnt just a river in Egypt.

Yup, years of scouting and no problems whatsoever.

There HAVE been issues in other troops, but this is all substantially exaggerated.
Originally Posted by akasparky

The files are searchable by city, state, troop#, etc. If you were curious about any you were involved in.

I checked mine and there was nothing ever reported on those.
But there were some nearby, I probably attended jamboree's and other multi troop events with some of these kids and their molesters.

The BSA kept files to exclude people from the org who should be excluded, and are getting screwed for it. If they'd ignored the molesters and let them hop to new troops/councils/states, BSA would be in the clear.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Ever.

Not that I've seen, but I never saw adults bath with scouts either.
What was that Brad Pitt movie? Timeclockers? Clockwatchers?
© 24hourcampfire