Home
Posted By: ShaunRyan Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
For Sunday brunch I decided to whip up something better than Pop Tarts.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
I had biscuits & gravy with scrambled eggs in the VA cantina this morn.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
Keep eating stuff like that, you’re 2/3 of my income.
Posted By: scrooster Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
I ate shrimp and grits every morning over the weekend. It's shrimpin' season here and I had guests in town and a couple of gallons of shrimp I didn't freeze leftover from last week.

Funny how quick the yankees and midwesterners start lovin' grits when they try my slow cooked creamy grits with shrimp and redeye gravy.

It's an art form.

We have biscuits and gravy pretty much three or four times a week in this household when the weather gets cooler ... along with buscuits and butter and honey from my bees. Usually sausage gravy but sometimes venison gravy or SOS gravy or whatever we have to slather our biscuits with.

Muscadine jelly. We had a huge crop of wild muscadines this year. We put-up nearly 40 pints of jelly.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan

[Linked Image]

Love that stuff. I was first introduced to it in a little country cafeteria in Davie, Florida, back in the late 1980s. I was hooked. I'd love to go back there again. They served a great Sunday breakfast. Some friends and I used to eat there after church every Sunday.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
Is that healthier than a Pop tart?
Looks good BTW
Posted By: slumlord Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

I’m still trying to figure out why is it that I can eat that once or twice a month from the Hardee’s or Holiday Inn and my total cholesterol is in the 150s and high dens in the mid 50s
Posted By: GeoW Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
Looks alot like SOS from the mess hall!

Good stuff.

g

[Linked Image]

Toss on top of that some grits and two over-easy fried eggs.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Yes

It has protein
Posted By: rainshot Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
Love the stuff and sausage with it. Purnell's hot is pretty good.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
I've been on an egg kick for about a week. I had two eggs over medium this morning, on white bread with a smear of Heinz Mayonnaise (better than Duke's - fight me).

Makes a kinda runny egg sammich. Delicious. No pics, cause it was just a couple of eggs on loaf bread.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
Scrumptious!!!!!!!😜
Originally Posted by slumlord

I’m still trying to figure out why is it that I can eat that once or twice a month from the Hardee’s or Holiday Inn and my total cholesterol is in the 150s and high dens in the mid 50s

Whatever you’re doing, keep doing it.

A lot of hypercholesterolemia is genetic predisposition. You might have drawn the lucky card.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
Dammit!

Now you made me want that for supper! smile

Got a good bit of buttermilk gravy left from couple days ago. May have to make some biscuits to go with it tonight.
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21

No, I'm not. Here's the list of medications I've taken in the last 24 months:

Aspirin.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
Good stuff. I need to whip up a batch of Alton Brown biscuits and sausage gravy.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
It's got everything bad for you all wrapped up on one plate, but dayummm it's good. Have it no more than a few times a year so you can savor it; you'll be just fine.

I slide two sunny-ups onto mine. A tidal wave of warm yolky goodness makes it more better deliciouser. Do not forget the hot sauce.

You tell me.

Biscuits: Flour, baking powder, salt, butter, milk, egg

Gravy: Milk, sausage, bacon, pepper

[Linked Image]

Aspirin.

Okay, but odds are you’ll come my way eventually.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21

No, but you can eat it without a crayons and coloring book, kiddo.

😝🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10

😝🦫

Hey Beaver, ya know what?
Posted By: skeen Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21

[Linked Image]

Nice!

But, say, just between us, you know it's Monday, right? smile

😝🦫

Hey Beaver, ya know what?

Knock, knock, mofo...

Laffin

🦫

PS

What?
😐
😐

Now I feel bad.

Sending you a box of Pop Tarts in whatever flavor you want.

🦫
Originally Posted by skeen

[Linked Image]

Nice!

But, say, just between us, you know it's Monday, right? smile

Monday is my Sunday.
I was wondering how long it would take someone to catch it, though.
😐

Now I feel bad.

Sending you a box of Pop Tarts in whatever flavor you want.

🦫

Lol
Posted By: dale06 Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
My mom is almost 94 years old. She has made biscuits and sausage gravy for the opening breakfast of Ks pheasant season for at least the past 20 years, and will do so this Saturday.
It’s awesome with big chunks of sausage and very flaky biscuits.
I eat it once a year.
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21

Holy crap that’s funny
Originally Posted by dale06
My mom is almost 94 years old. She has made biscuits and sausage gravy for the opening breakfast of Ks pheasant season for at least the past 20 years, and will do so this Saturday.
It’s awesome with big chunks of sausage and very flaky biscuits.
I eat it once a year.

That's great. Good for her.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
If I wasn't so lazy & poor at typing,

My handle would have been Biscuits N' gravy.

I try, I try so hard not to eat it every week or every couple. But the doggone stuff if freakin orgasmic.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
^^^ Food of the Gods
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
Anyone putting an egg in biscuit dough oughta be shot. Two weeks all over the west last month, had biscuits and gravy in a lot of places, All but one had egg in the biscuits. Cakey schit...

Weirdest BNG was in Kalispell. Place was great, so I got it there. They bring me a massive plate of it, which would have been pretty decent, except the frigging paprika, cayenne and parsley all over the top. WTF? WGAS what it looks like, its BNG. Good biscuits covered well in proper sausage gravy is all that is needed to please. Hold the garnish, will ya? Sheesh.
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
Biscuits and Gravy at Hardee's whenever I get South of the Mason-Dixon Line. Only two times a year but worth it. Makes a great pit stop on road trips.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
That looked good to me. I would eat it.
I was raised on food like that.

I just had dinner. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy and biscuits. Water to drink.

I'm good tell the AM.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/08/21
There was a vegan restaurant down the road that did tofu sausage and soy-milk gravy over gluten free cauliflower biscuits as their specialty breakfast fare.

They went out of business.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
There was a vegan restaurant down the road that did tofu sausage and soy-milk gravy over gluten free cauliflower biscuits as their specialty breakfast fare.

Lmao
Posted By: slumlord Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21

Haha!
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Haha^
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21

Yeah, I almost ended up chewing my B&G a second time when I read that.
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Maple Leaf pork sausage here in Canada is really very fatty. I mix it half and half with lean ground moose. Brown it in cast iron frying pan—then brown some flour in the grease and then pour in a guard of milk. Stir slowly until thick and then ladle over canned biscuits. Everyone I know slathers it in Franks RedHot sauce.
30 years ago nobody local had ever heard of biscuits and gravy— now I got the whole damn Reserve hooked on it.

One local moose hunter claimed his wife made such good biscuits he could eat 2 cans worth!
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Anyone putting an egg in biscuit dough oughta be shot. Two weeks all over the west last month, had biscuits and gravy in a lot of places, All but one had egg in the biscuits. Cakey schit...

Weirdest BNG was in Kalispell. Place was great, so I got it there. They bring me a massive plate of it, which would have been pretty decent, except the frigging paprika, cayenne and parsley all over the top. WTF? WGAS what it looks like, its BNG. Good biscuits covered well in proper sausage gravy is all that is needed to please. Hold the garnish, will ya? Sheesh.

I'm good with paprika and cayenne but hold the parsley.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
I'd never tried 'em. Back about '98 I dated a gal who grew up here. I was still semi new to the area. She introduced me to 'em. There was a little restaurant nearby that transitioned from breakfast to lunch around 11:00. If we hit it just right we could split a burger and a side of biscuits and gravy, then put the extra gravy over the fries. Cholesterol bomb but damn it was good. Another place in town had 'em but they were ... city-fied. frown
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Biscuits and Gravy at Hardee's whenever I get South of the Mason-Dixon Line. Only two times a year but worth it. Makes a great pit stop on road trips.

Got one just two miles from the house. I'm going tomorrow. All this talk of it has made the idea irresistible.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21

That's easy: heredity.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
A week night supper. So, what do you think a weekend breakfast looks like. Photobucket stole that pic.

Posted By: SandBilly Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Hardee’s B&G is better than home made?
Anyone putting an egg in biscuit dough oughta be shot.

It's actually the first time I've tried it. No buttermilk on hand, and needed to stretch the regular milk because gravy. Didn't turn out too bad, not cakey really. Next time I'll make sure I have buttermilk and stick to basics, but this was a spur of the moment thing and all in all I was happy with the results. My wife scarfed it up pronto as well, and she's a southern Missouri girl.

As an aside, all the health concerns crack me up. It ain't like we're eating this every day. Besides, lack of exercise and drinking lots of carbonated sugar water probably contributes more to ill health than good 'ol country cooking ever did. Then there's the stuff from the magic food factory with lists of preservatives and chemicals a mile long. My great-grandad ate bacon or sausage and eggs every day for breakfast, wouldn't touch a vegetable other than corn or green beans, smoked a pipe from age 12, and lived to 95.

I pretty much subscribe to the 19th century farm diet; if you couldn't process it on an 19th century farm, don't eat it.

The drop-and-give-me-twenty diet is also effective at combatting many ailments.
Posted By: MARCEL Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Hardee’s B&G is better than home made?

Is use to be decent quick b&g while traveling but haven't had fast food in years.

It beat the hell out of McDonald's b&g 🤢
Posted By: 2sticks Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Biscuits and gravy sure is a mess to get out of your jacket pocket while sitting in a deer stand.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
That's my favorite way to fix ducks.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Wife and I fixed these a few weekends ago. Homemade buttermilk biscuits, fresh eggs from my friends farm, homemade sausage we killed back in February and sausage gravy. Good stuff.

[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/16605036#Post16605036[/img]
Posted By: strikeu Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21

perfectly spoken by a societal leech Kcock sucker.
Posted By: yeselk Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
I brown Jimmy Dean's sausage and add flour and milk to make the gravy. It's very good over biscuits. A friend told me corn meal is better than flour.
Has anyone tried this? I hate to waste a lb of sausage.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Had it two weeks ago, in elk camp. Might make it in the duck blind every few years. There's never enough black pepper.
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
OP, I am 48, weigh 175lb at 5’10”, and have been eating bacon and eggs with hashbrowns and biscuits and gravy for breakfast most days since I left home a few decades ago. Started out as a laborer, went into ironworkers, then carpentry. Active life. I take no meds, cholesterol and BP low side of normal. Pulse rate in the 50’s. Artery scan a year ago showed no obstruction anywhere. Good food won’t kill ya. Bad food has a hell of a time doing it, genes hurt you worse than anything. Men in my family live to be 90, spend the last fifty years of that with back trouble. I am doing exactly that. Doin’ better than a bunch of them, because I work out. Grandpa died last year at 90, healthy as a horse, no meds, but his back literally falling apart. So I get a good idea what my road out will look like.

Said all that to say this. Your genes will map the road ahead, more than your supper. Good luck, and don’t run out of buttermilk! That puts you in a bad place...😂
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by yeselk
I brown Jimmy Dean's sausage and add flour and milk to make the gravy. It's very good over biscuits. A friend told me corn meal is better than flour.

I just can’t imagine making gravy with corn meal.
That’s probably against the law somewhere in the Deep South. 😜
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

^^

Corn meal is much better but harder to get right or has been for me.
Posted By: riflegunbuilder Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
I remember as a kid some people used corn meal. I've had it but been too long to remember. I would rather try meal than use Jimmy Dean, not my favorite.

Legend has it corn meal was where the terms "mill gravy" "grist gravy" and "sawmill gravy" was coined but not enough old phuggers left to confirm it. When flour got scarce in the south they turned to corn i suppose
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Wife and I fixed these a few weekends ago. Homemade buttermilk biscuits, fresh eggs from my friends farm, homemade sausage we killed back in February and sausage gravy. Good stuff.

[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/16605036#Post16605036[/img]

Dat's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

[Linked Image]
OP, I am 48, weigh 175lb at 5’10”, and have been eating bacon and eggs with hashbrowns and biscuits and gravy for breakfast most days since I left home a few decades ago. Started out as a laborer, went into ironworkers, then carpentry. Active life. I take no meds, cholesterol and BP low side of normal. Pulse rate in the 50’s. Artery scan a year ago showed no obstruction anywhere. Good food won’t kill ya. Bad food has a hell of a time doing it, genes hurt you worse than anything. Men in my family live to be 90, spend the last fifty years of that with back trouble. I am doing exactly that. Doin’ better than a bunch of them, because I work out. Grandpa died last year at 90, healthy as a horse, no meds, but his back literally falling apart. So I get a good idea what my road out will look like.

Said all that to say this. Your genes will map the road ahead, more than your supper. Good luck, and don’t run out of buttermilk! That puts you in a bad place...😂

Chuck Norris approves this message. grin

[Linked Image]

Chuck did say he would kick my ass if I ever run out of buttermilk again.
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
I remember as a kid some people used corn meal . . .

Never tried it. I have used masa (corn flour) to thicken some types of chili and that works good, has a nice flavor.
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
I prefer bacon gravy over sausage gravy personally…but both are wonderful.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Bella's in Wells, Nv. [the cafe not the brothel] has the world's best breakfast. A giant biscuit w/ the best chicken fried steak, 2 poached eggs and amazing gravy. I feasted there yesterday and am a better person for having done so.

mike r
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555

Bacon grease gravy with sausage added..
Posted By: redjones Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21

This.

Greg
Posted By: CowEater Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Bella's in Wells, Nv. [the cafe not the brothel] has the world's best breakfast. A giant biscuit w/ the best chicken fried steak, 2 poached eggs and amazing gravy. I feasted there yesterday and am a better person for having done so.

mike r

Because I used to live there...they claim the best breakfast, I disagree. But given there isn't any other options for 50 miles in either direction I guess they can tout it.
Depending on who's cooking for the girls on the other side of the tracks, you might get a better meal and maybe cheaper....
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
My wife makes amazing B&G. Unfortunately for me, she doesn't care for the dish, so I don't get it as often as I'd like.

I use both. 2 parts sausage, 1 part bacon. Everything is better with bacon.
Posted By: toby2 Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Nothing like 2 or 3 slices of fried pon haus to round out a plate of biscuits and gravy.
Posted By: DaveR Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
We have it every now and then, but for the kid and I, Biscuits and Gravy with elk sausage has been our go to elk hunt Thanksgiving evening meal (elk season opens following morning) for years. Some biscuits fired up in the cheapie coleman oven, sausage over the fire, and a feast.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by strikeu

That’s funny.

GFY, sweetheart.

I’ll get you someday, too.
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Biscuits and Gravy is only the side dish of a good Southern Breakfast... and the gravy needs to be made with shredded chicken neck meat and chopped giblet, not sausage or bacon:

[Linked Image from cdn.apartmenttherapy.info]

and made with fresh cracked pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt... started from the drippings from the night before or the mornings bacon grease. 4 biscuits, 6 eggs (Sunny Side Up), fried potato's and a pan fried steak to to complete. And Sour Dough Toast for sopping up the egg yolk and remainder of the gravy.

Glass of V-8 and a couple cups o coffee makes for a good day's starter.

Phil
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by strikeu

That’s funny.

GFY, sweetheart.

That’s no BS! Besides a few statistical outliers, poor choices made in excess will lead to poor outcomes.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
With fried quail for breakfast.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
U missed it..a broke open biscuit folded over AND buttered on top THEN a over easy egg on top of each of those then you scoop your biscuits gravy stuff over top of that ..... a bunch of meat of some sort ....then dig in into the gray- poping the Yoke which melts down into your biscuit .....you can thank me late. ......Damm bunch of girly eaters around here geesh !
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by stxhunter
With fried quail for breakfast.

Better than a skinned quail for sure.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by redjones

This.

Greg

Yep. Everything’s better when fried in Bacon grease. 🤠
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

That’s no BS! Besides a few statistical outliers, poor choices made in excess will lead to poor outcomes.

Safe bet that many who signed onto class-action lawsuits against the latest and greatest magic pill came to the same conclusion.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
I like a biscuit as much as anyone, but I haven't made one since I learned hoecake. 1 part oil, 2 parts liquid, 4 flour. Make it with Crisco and half n half . Bake in a cast iron skillet at 425 for 20-25 min. Don't slap your momma. She didn't know.

Just as good with syrup as gravy.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by MARCEL

Corn meal is much better but harder to get right or has been for me.

You guys need to pay attention! grin

Posted By: VAhuntr Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by VAhuntr

Dat's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

[Linked Image]

My wife comes from a large family of women that cooked the old fashioned way. Just good country & southern style cooking. I bet I have not eaten gravy from a fast food joint like Hardees, Bojangles or Biscuitville in 15 years....just don't taste the same to me anymore. IMO, the key to good gravy is to use fresh sausage and hardwood smoked bacon grease. Commercial sausage from Jimmy Dean or Tennessee Pride is what we use if we don't have our own or the local butcher is out. The gravy is then seasoned to taste with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.

One of my favorite things to do is split open a biscuit, butter it up, throw an over easy fried egg on each half, and then top with sausage gravy. I like chicken fried pork tenderloin, chicken fried steak or chicken to go along with it. We don't fix this often but when we fix it early afternoon and is the only meal we eat all day.
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Somethin is gonna get you. Lead, Radon, that bus you didn't see. Screw it! Eat what the hell you want and enjoy your life!

Ron
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Somethin is gonna get you. Lead, Radon, that bus you didn't see. Screw it! Eat what the hell you want and enjoy your life!

Ron

Agreed !
Look at all of the people that passed up the desert cart on the Titantic !!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Damn

I wish the Hardees and Bojangles were’t 21 miles one way.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

Safe bet that many who signed onto class-action lawsuits against the latest and greatest magic pill came to the same conclusion.

[Linked Image]

That just goes to show how many we already got.

No one knows this, but we’re actually in league with the Pork Council, as well as Coke and Pepsi.

Hell, we invented the drive through.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21

Both my grandmothers, all my aunts and and all but one uncle lived well into their senior years, with several living into their late 90s, rarely if ever saw a doctor, took little if any prescribed medicines, and stayed active up until shortly before they died. Both grandfathers died in their middle age but both were well known for their heavy consumption of liquor, much of it most likely homemade 'shine.

All ate the type of "unhealthy" 'poor folks' foods their whole lives that "Experts" are now warning people to avoid.

The biggest difference that I can see is the food they ate didn't have all the chemical additives and wasn't subjected to the processes food is nowadays.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57

Ron

Agreed !
Look at all of the people that passed up the desert cart on the Titantic !!

that made me laugh
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21

Aspirin.

Okay, but odds are you’ll come my way eventually.

Geezz! What a buzz kill! I bet you're a lot of fun at a party!

By the way, I'll take mine with two eggs, over easy, and lots of hot sauce!
Posted By: fester Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Meh….

Onion, potato, sausage egg cheese jalapeño

Wrap up with a tortilla

Hot sauce of your choice.

Wash it down with a shot of booze(of your choice)

Good stuff.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21

Actually no, it's called sawmill gravy when you use cornmeal instead of flour. Both are quite good when made by a cook that knows how to make gravy.

No one knows this, but we’re actually in league with the Pork Council, as well as Coke and Pepsi.

Alright, TFF. Hell, it might even be true.
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/09/21
Everything in moderation...

including moderation!
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/10/21

Alright, TFF. He'll, it might even be true.

Thanks for taking the joke in the way it was meant. Just having a bit of fun. A bunch of other guys are kinda uptight about anyone commenting on their diet.
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/10/21

Aspirin.

Chortle
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/10/21

Thanks for taking the joke in the way it was meant. Just having a bit of fun. A bunch of other guys are kinda uptight about anyone commenting on their diet.

No worries. I can be serious but I never take myself too seriously.

That cracked me up. I was going to ask when you plan on changing your avatar to Dr. Evil.
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/10/21
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Chortle

Better watch it there, mister. Chortling might just be a Campfire man-card revoking offense. John Wayne and Charlton "by God" Heston did not chortle.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/10/21
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Chortle

Better watch it there, mister. Chortling might just be a Campfire man-card revoking offense. John Wayne and Charlton "by God" Heston did not chortle.

Apparently, it was one of Zane Gray’s favorite words! 😁
Posted By: slumlord Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/10/21
Guffaw
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/10/21

Other than the back issues, do the old men in your family have any issues with wanton sharting? You may have that to look forward to as well.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Biscuits N' Gravy - 11/10/21

No worries. I can be serious but I never take myself too seriously.

That cracked me up. I was going to ask when you plan on changing your avatar to Dr. Evil.

Make no mistake, Big Pharma is an easy target. I have a ball playing the Evil Empire part. I’ve been slinging drugs almost 25 years.
© 24hourcampfire