Home
He's implementing a 25% increase in mileage requirements by 2023. There's a limit somewhere on just how good mileage can go and still move the vehicle.

The Biden administration has put forward its most ambitious vehicle mileage goals to date, raising standards for cars and small trucks while reversing a Trump-era rollback.

Under the final rule released by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on Monday, the federal government will require cars and other light-duty vehicles to achieve a 40 miles per gallon standard over the next five years.

That's up from the 32 miles per gallon required by the Trump administration in 2020 and slightly higher than an original goal of 38 miles per gallon put forward by the Biden administration.

The EPA standards, which will apply to model years 2023-2026, are projected to avert more than 3 billion tons of emissions — equivalent to the majority of nationwide carbon dioxide emissions in 2019 — between now and 2050.

Greenhouse gas emissions from transportation of all kinds comprise about 28 percent of emissions nationwide, making it the biggest emitter of any single sector.

The Biden administration previously reversed another Trump-era policy, allowing states to adopt stronger emissions rules than the federal government. Fourteen states and the District of Columbia have voted to adopt the stricter standards set by California.

In addition to tightening the Trump-era emissions standards, the final EPA rule is also stricter than that of an Aug. 10 draft by 10 grams per mile. During the period the standards cover, they would cut emissions about 28 percent, according to an analysis from the Environmental Protection Network.

Environmental advocacy organizations had heavily lobbied the administration to tighten the rule during its comment period.

“The final rule for light duty vehicles reflect core principles of this Administration: We followed the science, we listened to stakeholders, and we are setting robust and rigorous standards that will aggressively reduce the pollution that is harming people and our planet – and save families money at the same time,” EPA Administrator Michael Regan said in a statement.

“At EPA, our priority is to protect public health, especially in overburdened communities, while responding to the President’s ambitious climate agenda. Today we take a giant step forward in delivering on those goals, while paving the way toward an all-electric, zero-emissions transportation future.”

Senate Environment and Public Works Committee Chair Tom Carper (D-Del.) praised the new rule in a statement, saying “Investing in clean cars is a key way we are going to save our planet and grow our economy, and the Biden Administration’s announcement today will help make that happen.”
Winning ! ! !

This place will be paradise by 2024
All things are possible in the world of make-believe money and free Depends.
They're like fire ants. There is no way to live with them. It will be kill or be killed. Nobody wants that, but it's coming.
Given that 2022 models are already out, it is hard to see how much the auto manufacturers can do by 2023..........look how long it took Toyota to come out with their new engine for the Tundra......

Everyday we are on step closer to becoming a third world nation.

Horse and buggies will one day rule the roads again. You'll need to pick up those hot horse buns if your horse drops any...
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Winning ! ! !

This place will be paradise by 2024

I stopped under estimating the Reps ability to flat azz sit back and blow it
and the stupidity of snowflakes with help from media

and also dont forget UAW voted hook line and sinker (with a few exceptions I know)

Hank
Nothing is impossible if you are not the one that has to do it.
More govt mandated fugg ups.

Look what they have done to diesel pickups.

The emissions on a diesel pickup now are what fuggs one up. EGR valves, endless sensors, and DEF problems.

The govt mandates arrived much, much sooner than the technology to make them reliable...

And we as consumers are the ones footing the bills.

Look at how many billions of dollars worth of engines and repairs the ethanol requirements have cost us.
If that is accomplished, it translates to even less gas tax generated for road construction and repair. That money will have come to from somewhere! Open those wallets men...and Happy Camper.
Originally Posted by old_boots

Everyday we are on step closer to becoming a third world nation.

Horse and buggies will one day rule the roads again. You'll need to pick up those hot horse buns if your horse drops any...

Horses fart. We can't allow them as a means of transportation.
Originally Posted by TimZ
Given that 2022 models are already out, it is hard to see how much the auto manufacturers can do by 2023..........look how long it took Toyota to come out with their new engine for the Tundra......

Outstanding observation! I have a $1k deposit on the Hybrid Tundra 10 speed... April or May they are telling me.

Toyota tests the daylights out of anything they build... takes them a LONG LONG time to certify that a new model is BS free, but when they do... it is rock star solid stuff.

Love Toyota or hate Toyota... I could care less. But to say that they don't do the work better than anyone else (before releasing stuff) to the public... is pure BS.

If Ford had said in 2003. "We can no longer meet EPA standards with our 7.3... AND our 6.0 is just not ready to released "PLEASE BEAR WITH US... we have engineers and testing 24/7/365 happening"... I would still drive Fords.

Same with the LB7.

I hate lies.
Lets go brandon.
That's not achievable w/o a HUGE swing in product mix................many more small vehicles, probably even smaller than the small ones of today & LOTS less pickups.

Might not even be possible then...........................pure insanity.

MM
It's just another push for electrics.

I think that is the fleet average fuel mileage goal! No problem reaching that ......cease production of high fuel consuming vehicles and only offer EV’s or high mileage “mini-cars”! memtb
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

I don't mind if people go electric if they want to. Doesn't bother me at all.

What does bother me is the fact that the govt knows there isn't anywhere near the infrastructure to support everyone having an EV.

You talk about having some mad Indians! Just wait until they all can't go further than 100 miles from home because there's no battery charging options where and when they need them...
Start with the Presidential Limo. When that thing gets 40mpg I'll buy a new car.
Originally Posted by centershot
Start with the Presidential Limo. When that thing gets 40mpg I'll buy a new car.

laugh
Originally Posted by DBCHAP00
Lets go brandon.

Anyone named Brandon who is oblivious to news and current events must have soaring self esteem these days! laugh

Of course... same with the "chip shortage".

O'Biden said the chip shortage may last two more years...

Something about the number "two"... like two decades to just wear a mask "To help flatten the curve".

Seriously... Think about 2022 (cell phones with Terabyte harddrives)... AND no one is capable of making a "chip" to make a car operate... for the next two years...

And folks keep going along to get along...
Makes me want to go purchase a gas-guzzling 1960's Chevelle with a 454 in it, just for spite.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I don't mind if people go electric if they want to. Doesn't bother me at all.

What does bother me is the fact that the govt knows there isn't anywhere near the infrastructure to support everyone having an EV.

You talk about having some mad Indians! Just wait until they all can't go further than 100 miles from home because there's no battery charging options where and when they need them...

And that, in a nutshell, is the problem. I think transportation and power sources are going to change drastically in the coming decades. But it should be driven by technology not government mandate.

Yep.... do as I say, not as I do. [bleep] Joe Biden.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

And folks keep going along to get along...

.....................the insanity of the Sheeple.

At some point, the rope gets tight; we are very near that point for anyone with a single surviving brain cell.

MM
Destroy then BBB, WINNING >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> for the commies

Big bullseye there , anyone who demands things of others while exempting themselves can go f...themself. mb
It furthers the push for all-electric vehicles...

LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
I'm shocked. Why haven't they engineered a fart powered car? Anyone ever calculate how many cubic feet of fart gas we emit each year? I'll bet we could go round trip to the moon a million times.
I bet the majority of parts on EV are made in china, this regime is transferring money out the hands of N. American workers.
Freakin morons wake up in a Disney cartoon daily. Mental retardation at it's finest. What's next can only get better, eh?!
Norway has lots of oil. They use 204,000 barrels of oil per day, while producing 2 million barrels a day. Norway is energy independent.
Yep. Let's go Brandon will schit if he eats regular too.
The ‘04 Ranger I just scored is lookin’ better ‘n better!
New cars have evolved into a state of uselessness for me anyway.

Too many expensive phony features, hands free steering, lane assist, adaptive cruise control, automatic braking, start/stop, touchscreen satellite bluetooth Sirius BS.

I don't want a car that tells me what to do and I'll drive it myself thank you very much.
Are we Venezuela yet?
I bet the majority of parts on EV are made in china, this regime is transferring money out the hands of N. American workers.
Many of the parts for gas cars are made in China, too.
You can tell me to take off the tin foil but I think this is all completely calculated. The Dems know their policies are fully negative, disliked and will destroy America. Instead of acknowledging that and reversing course to save face and curry votes in the middle, they’re doubling down.

Now hear me out:
-These mileage requirements will appease the far left that worship at the alter of all things green. At least for a while.
-They will offer fedgov incentives to consumers to purchase EV’s or hybrids in the spring and summer.
-They may even give tax breaks to automakers to build more EV’s and help with R&D. I know they are “evil profit making corporations”, but they need UAW votes badly in Nov 22
-Finally this will reduce gas demand, and possibly drop fuel prices just enough to appease those precious independent votes they really need to survive.

It ain’t about the environment, or spotted owls, or emissions, or coal, or oil, or our allies.

It’s about power and control. Pure and simple.
Just stopped at a Toyota Dealer to see what they had in stock...

They had ONE new truck. and a few dozen used trucks and cars. That was the whole of their inventory.

------------------------------------------------

Chatting with my old neighbor (Christmas wishes etc.)... His Chevy dealer sent him a letter offering him $7,000 MORE than he paid for his new loaded 2500 diesel just a year ago.

Ballpark info. He paid $85k or so for a deluxe Chevy 2500 (2020 model year)... has driven the truck maybe 25k-30k miles... Dealer offered him $92k to buy it back.

Crazy times.
All of this will help those Dems come in second place next election.
Originally Posted by philgood80
You can tell me to take off the tin foil but I think this is all completely calculated. The Dems know their policies are fully negative, disliked and will destroy America. Instead of acknowledging that and reversing course to save face and curry votes in the middle, they’re doubling down.

Now hear me out:
-These mileage requirements will appease the far left that worship at the alter of all things green. At least for a while.
-They will offer fedgov incentives to consumers to purchase EV’s or hybrids in the spring and summer.
-They may even give tax breaks to automakers to build more EV’s and help with R&D. I know they are “evil profit making corporations”, but they need UAW votes badly in Nov 22
-Finally this will reduce gas demand, and possibly drop fuel prices just enough to appease those precious independent votes they really need to survive.

It ain’t about the environment, or spotted owls, or emissions, or coal, or oil, or our allies.

I believe every word.

Both sides have one thing in mind self preservation & lining their pockets.
How many different ways can you say "Fuque Joe Biden'?
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Makes me want to go purchase a gas-guzzling 1960's Chevelle with a 454 in it, just for spite.

laugh laugh
Can't wait for the 2024 geo Metro...MSRP starting at $220,000 (2020 dollars).

They had ONE new truck. and a few dozen used trucks and cars. That was the whole of their inventory.

Chatting with my old neighbor (Christmas wishes etc.)... His Chevy dealer sent him a letter offering him $7,000 MORE than he paid for his new loaded 2500 diesel just a year ago.

Ballpark info. He paid $85k or so for a deluxe Chevy 2500 (2020 model year)... has driven the truck maybe 25k-30k miles... Dealer offered him $92k to buy it back.

Crazy times.

The ultimate goal appears to be destroying the Middle class. Your neighbor obviously got a top end model, but 85 grand for a consumable product like a personal vehicle is insane. Hell, HALF that amount is insane for a consumable. And the dealer clearly thinks he can make money by paying your neighbor 92 grand.

I live in an economically depressed area, so maybe I see it before some others, but the average lower to mid range middle class household is rapidly approaching the point where they can no longer afford vehicles.
The government wants us living in about 10-12 very large cities, in apartments we don't own and relying on public transportation. Electric vehicles are ruse to get that in place. By the time gasoline cars are no longer made, EVs will be so expensive no one will be driving except the Ruling Class.

I'm glad I'm 72.
Originally Posted by auk1124

Crazy times.

The ultimate goal appears to be destroying the Middle class. Your neighbor obviously got a top end model, but 85 grand for a consumable product like a personable vehicle is insane. Hell, HALF that amount is insane for a consumable. And the dealer clearly thinks he can make money by paying your neighbor 92 grand.

I live in an economically depressed area, so maybe I see it before some others, but the average lower to mid range middle class household is rapidly approaching the point where they can no longer afford vehicles.

auk1124,

Agree 100%, I wouldn't buy an $85K pick-up truck if I won the lottery, crazy days we're living in.
-------------------------------------------------

Borchardt,

You've got it figured out IMO, Big Gov't Big Corp. are fully partnered up.

Originally Posted by Borchardt
The government wants us living in about 10-12 very large cities, in apartments we don't own and relying on public transportation. Electric vehicles are ruse to get that in place. By the time gasoline cars are no longer made, EVs will be so expensive no one will be driving except the Ruling Class.

I'm glad I'm 72.

The peasants housed in contained shìthole cities, the ruling class owning all property and having a deliberately subjugated peasantry working the land and factories for them... welcome to the fùcking Middle Ages.

Instead of castles they will live in mansions but the result is the same.
My buddy just got in a 2019 F350 6.7 diesel crewcab in really nice shape. Headache rack, full bumper grill guard, just how I would set one up.

19k miles.

$69k!

No fuucking way Jose!

Gonna keep driving my 2003 another year or two.
People who ride trains, taxis and bikes don't give a sh't if you go broke.

Yet.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
My buddy got in a 2019 F350 6.7 diesel, crewcab in really nice shape. Headache rack, full bumper grill guard, just how I would set one up.

19k miles.

$69k!

No fuucking way Jose!

Divorce sale and the wife was selling it at that price to kick her soon to be ex in the nuts ?

Sweet deal !

🦫
I never even bothered to ask what the story was, it is in REALLY nice shape.

Stickered for $74k... 3 years ago....
Let's mandate fuel economy standards for airplanes -
Biden should be in a Cessna, and legislators flying ultra-lights.

Oh, that's right, laws and rules only apply to the peons.
Norway has 2.4 million people, about the population of Dallas. Not relevant to anything.
Their goal it to force us to ride around in battery powered go carts. They want to destroy the industry. That's what Marxists do when they want to implement restrictions gradually.
Don’t give Biden a Cessna. Those are pretty reliable. He needs an experimental of some sort, one known for control surface detachment issues.
I've been telling my wife I'm going to order a new diesel suburban but she keeps saying she wants to keep her new hybrid pacifica a few more years. I think I should order the suburban while I still can. If you think we have supply chain problems now wait until China hits Taiwan. Most of the chips are made in Taiwan. China wants to crush American car manufacturers too.

I also want to order another full sized crew cab truck with a short box this time. I love my old hunting truck, it's a 94 2 door yukon, but with the kids getting old enough to hunt they want something with 4 doors. I just got an f150 lariat hybrid with the 6.5 foot bed that's loaded but I don't want to make it my hunting truck.

I want something with less options and maybe vinyl floor without the complexity of the hybrid system. I'm thinking a crew cab xlt with the 2.7 and 10 speed and the 36 gallon tank would be a good keeper for a hunting truck. If I need to tow I have my powerboost but the little 2.7 twin turbo gets good mileage and my mechanic friend said it should last for ever. He said it's better designed than the 3.5 and only recommends the 3.5 if your doing a lot of towing. My powerboost is the 3.5 plus hybrid and it does have a ton of power.

I'm getting carried away with wanting new vehicles which are traditionally a terrible investment but having a few extras really paid off this year. Either this market will correct and the deals will come back or the commies will keep screwing everything up and having extra cars and pickups will be better than money in the bank. We may end up like Cuba doing anything to keep our old rides on the road.

Bb
Not in year.

It would be easily possible. A few more years. Out.

Make the cars lighter.
A bunch lighter, and smaller.

Safety would be a memory, but hey, mpg.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
They're like fire ants. There is no way to live with them. It will be kill or be killed. Nobody wants that, but it's coming.

Pretty good synopsis....
Originally Posted by auk1124

Crazy times.

The ultimate goal appears to be destroying the Middle class. Your neighbor obviously got a top end model, but 85 grand for a consumable product like a personable vehicle is insane. Hell, HALF that amount is insane for a consumable. And the dealer clearly thinks he can make money by paying your neighbor 92 grand.

auk1124,

Agree 100%, I wouldn't buy an $85K pick-up truck if I won the lottery, crazy days we're living in.
-------------------------------------------------

Borchardt,

You've got it figured out IMO, Big Gov't Big Corp. are fully partnered up.

I generally agree, but he retired from the power company... then they called him back at a silly money 1099 rate... so he splurged on himself. I don't fault him... hell of a good guy... worked like a dog his whole life... sitting well financially... so good on him.
Originally Posted by reivertom
Their goal it to force us to ride around in battery powered go carts. They want to destroy the industry. That's what Marxists do when they want to implement restrictions gradually.

I sincerely believe that summary...

NONE of this is an accident.

I went to the Stihl dealer today for a 500i and a pole saw (Commercial grade)... $2k end of year tax money to spend.

NO LUCK... nothing in stock (commercial grade). Happy homeowner chit only.

My logger/dozier operator friend in WV went to pick up a couple of new Huskies after I warned him on shortages... bought the last two Pro saws the dealer had... 6-12 months "They Say" before back-fills come in.

Originally Posted by Cluggins
If that is accomplished, it translates to even less gas tax generated for road construction and repair. That money will have come to from somewhere! Open those wallets men...and Happy Camper.

Mileage tax

And the Governments fleet of Suburbans.
Originally Posted by reivertom

I sincerely believe that summary...

I went to the Stihl dealer today for a 500i and a pole saw (Commercial grade)... $2k end of year tax money to spend.

NO LUCK... nothing in stock (commercial grade). Happy homeowner chit only.

My logger/dozier operator friend in WV went to pick up a couple of new Huskies after I warned him on shortages... bought the last two Pro saws the dealer had... 6-12 months "They Say" before back-fills come in.

Last I was in our Husky dealer had a few mid sized saws.
Hardware opened a Stihl dealer in the summer.
Get to g stuff has been tough, toys, dangerous toy saws, and
battery crap are all they have. 500i's have been unobtainable from
first announcement.

No Idea what is "normal", but the have a three pack of 7/32 files
marked $18! $6/!

Have ties to the place, it's very convient.
As a Husky fan, I'm only biased on power units.
But I don't think I'm paying their prices.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Unfortunately we learned to live with fire ants.

We won't be able to live with idiots like this

Think bigger... when Air Force One is all electric... I will consider all electric for my family.

In O'Biden's case... a rubber-band plane would be best.
New vehicles always been a jerk off! I’d rather let a nine year old demented midget remove my toenails with a bad pair of pliars than deal with an auto dealership!!
Originally Posted by philgood80

Now hear me out:

I believe every word.

Especially the '.....power and control.' part - which is what I've been preaching locally here for nearly two years now, ever since this virus crap got going.....
© 24hourcampfire