-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can tell me to take off the tin foil but I think this is all completely calculated. The Dems know their policies are fully negative, disliked and will destroy America. Instead of acknowledging that and reversing course to save face and curry votes in the middle, they’re doubling down.

Now hear me out:
-These mileage requirements will appease the far left that worship at the alter of all things green. At least for a while.
-They will offer fedgov incentives to consumers to purchase EV’s or hybrids in the spring and summer.
-They may even give tax breaks to automakers to build more EV’s and help with R&D. I know they are “evil profit making corporations”, but they need UAW votes badly in Nov 22
-Finally this will reduce gas demand, and possibly drop fuel prices just enough to appease those precious independent votes they really need to survive.

It ain’t about the environment, or spotted owls, or emissions, or coal, or oil, or our allies.

It’s about power and control. Pure and simple.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Just stopped at a Toyota Dealer to see what they had in stock...

They had ONE new truck. and a few dozen used trucks and cars. That was the whole of their inventory.

------------------------------------------------

Chatting with my old neighbor (Christmas wishes etc.)... His Chevy dealer sent him a letter offering him $7,000 MORE than he paid for his new loaded 2500 diesel just a year ago.

Ballpark info. He paid $85k or so for a deluxe Chevy 2500 (2020 model year)... has driven the truck maybe 25k-30k miles... Dealer offered him $92k to buy it back.

Crazy times.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All of this will help those Dems come in second place next election.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by philgood80
You can tell me to take off the tin foil but I think this is all completely calculated. The Dems know their policies are fully negative, disliked and will destroy America. Instead of acknowledging that and reversing course to save face and curry votes in the middle, they’re doubling down.

Now hear me out:
-These mileage requirements will appease the far left that worship at the alter of all things green. At least for a while.
-They will offer fedgov incentives to consumers to purchase EV’s or hybrids in the spring and summer.
-They may even give tax breaks to automakers to build more EV’s and help with R&D. I know they are “evil profit making corporations”, but they need UAW votes badly in Nov 22
-Finally this will reduce gas demand, and possibly drop fuel prices just enough to appease those precious independent votes they really need to survive.

It ain’t about the environment, or spotted owls, or emissions, or coal, or oil, or our allies.

It’s about power and control. Pure and simple.

I believe every word.

Both sides have one thing in mind self preservation & lining their pockets.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How many different ways can you say "Fuque Joe Biden'?

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Makes me want to go purchase a gas-guzzling 1960's Chevelle with a 454 in it, just for spite.

laugh laugh

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Can't wait for the 2024 geo Metro...MSRP starting at $220,000 (2020 dollars).

Last edited by Brandon_Sknos; 12/21/21.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing

They had ONE new truck. and a few dozen used trucks and cars. That was the whole of their inventory.

Chatting with my old neighbor (Christmas wishes etc.)... His Chevy dealer sent him a letter offering him $7,000 MORE than he paid for his new loaded 2500 diesel just a year ago.

Ballpark info. He paid $85k or so for a deluxe Chevy 2500 (2020 model year)... has driven the truck maybe 25k-30k miles... Dealer offered him $92k to buy it back.

Crazy times.

The ultimate goal appears to be destroying the Middle class. Your neighbor obviously got a top end model, but 85 grand for a consumable product like a personal vehicle is insane. Hell, HALF that amount is insane for a consumable. And the dealer clearly thinks he can make money by paying your neighbor 92 grand.

I live in an economically depressed area, so maybe I see it before some others, but the average lower to mid range middle class household is rapidly approaching the point where they can no longer afford vehicles.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The government wants us living in about 10-12 very large cities, in apartments we don't own and relying on public transportation. Electric vehicles are ruse to get that in place. By the time gasoline cars are no longer made, EVs will be so expensive no one will be driving except the Ruling Class.

I'm glad I'm 72.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Crazy times.

The ultimate goal appears to be destroying the Middle class. Your neighbor obviously got a top end model, but 85 grand for a consumable product like a personable vehicle is insane. Hell, HALF that amount is insane for a consumable. And the dealer clearly thinks he can make money by paying your neighbor 92 grand.

I live in an economically depressed area, so maybe I see it before some others, but the average lower to mid range middle class household is rapidly approaching the point where they can no longer afford vehicles.

auk1124,

Agree 100%, I wouldn't buy an $85K pick-up truck if I won the lottery, crazy days we're living in.
-------------------------------------------------

Borchardt,

You've got it figured out IMO, Big Gov't Big Corp. are fully partnered up.

Last edited by ol_mike; 12/21/21. Reason: wouldn't not would

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Borchardt
The government wants us living in about 10-12 very large cities, in apartments we don't own and relying on public transportation. Electric vehicles are ruse to get that in place. By the time gasoline cars are no longer made, EVs will be so expensive no one will be driving except the Ruling Class.

I'm glad I'm 72.

The peasants housed in contained shìthole cities, the ruling class owning all property and having a deliberately subjugated peasantry working the land and factories for them... welcome to the fùcking Middle Ages.

Instead of castles they will live in mansions but the result is the same.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My buddy just got in a 2019 F350 6.7 diesel crewcab in really nice shape. Headache rack, full bumper grill guard, just how I would set one up.

19k miles.

$69k!

No fuucking way Jose!

Gonna keep driving my 2003 another year or two.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
People who ride trains, taxis and bikes don't give a sh't if you go broke.

Yet.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
My buddy got in a 2019 F350 6.7 diesel, crewcab in really nice shape. Headache rack, full bumper grill guard, just how I would set one up.

19k miles.

$69k!

No fuucking way Jose!

Divorce sale and the wife was selling it at that price to kick her soon to be ex in the nuts ?

Sweet deal !

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I never even bothered to ask what the story was, it is in REALLY nice shape.

Stickered for $74k... 3 years ago....

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Let's mandate fuel economy standards for airplanes -
Biden should be in a Cessna, and legislators flying ultra-lights.

Oh, that's right, laws and rules only apply to the peons.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Norway has 2.4 million people, about the population of Dallas. Not relevant to anything.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Their goal it to force us to ride around in battery powered go carts. They want to destroy the industry. That's what Marxists do when they want to implement restrictions gradually.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Don’t give Biden a Cessna. Those are pretty reliable. He needs an experimental of some sort, one known for control surface detachment issues.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've been telling my wife I'm going to order a new diesel suburban but she keeps saying she wants to keep her new hybrid pacifica a few more years. I think I should order the suburban while I still can. If you think we have supply chain problems now wait until China hits Taiwan. Most of the chips are made in Taiwan. China wants to crush American car manufacturers too.

I also want to order another full sized crew cab truck with a short box this time. I love my old hunting truck, it's a 94 2 door yukon, but with the kids getting old enough to hunt they want something with 4 doors. I just got an f150 lariat hybrid with the 6.5 foot bed that's loaded but I don't want to make it my hunting truck.

I want something with less options and maybe vinyl floor without the complexity of the hybrid system. I'm thinking a crew cab xlt with the 2.7 and 10 speed and the 36 gallon tank would be a good keeper for a hunting truck. If I need to tow I have my powerboost but the little 2.7 twin turbo gets good mileage and my mechanic friend said it should last for ever. He said it's better designed than the 3.5 and only recommends the 3.5 if your doing a lot of towing. My powerboost is the 3.5 plus hybrid and it does have a ton of power.

I'm getting carried away with wanting new vehicles which are traditionally a terrible investment but having a few extras really paid off this year. Either this market will correct and the deals will come back or the commies will keep screwing everything up and having extra cars and pickups will be better than money in the bank. We may end up like Cuba doing anything to keep our old rides on the road.

Bb

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 9,917 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,355
Posts18,546,758
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.