Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
He's implementing a 25% increase in mileage requirements by 2023. There's a limit somewhere on just how good mileage can go and still move the vehicle.

The Biden administration has put forward its most ambitious vehicle mileage goals to date, raising standards for cars and small trucks while reversing a Trump-era rollback.

Under the final rule released by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on Monday, the federal government will require cars and other light-duty vehicles to achieve a 40 miles per gallon standard over the next five years.

That's up from the 32 miles per gallon required by the Trump administration in 2020 and slightly higher than an original goal of 38 miles per gallon put forward by the Biden administration.

The EPA standards, which will apply to model years 2023-2026, are projected to avert more than 3 billion tons of emissions — equivalent to the majority of nationwide carbon dioxide emissions in 2019 — between now and 2050.

Greenhouse gas emissions from transportation of all kinds comprise about 28 percent of emissions nationwide, making it the biggest emitter of any single sector.

The Biden administration previously reversed another Trump-era policy, allowing states to adopt stronger emissions rules than the federal government. Fourteen states and the District of Columbia have voted to adopt the stricter standards set by California.

In addition to tightening the Trump-era emissions standards, the final EPA rule is also stricter than that of an Aug. 10 draft by 10 grams per mile. During the period the standards cover, they would cut emissions about 28 percent, according to an analysis from the Environmental Protection Network.

Environmental advocacy organizations had heavily lobbied the administration to tighten the rule during its comment period.

“The final rule for light duty vehicles reflect core principles of this Administration: We followed the science, we listened to stakeholders, and we are setting robust and rigorous standards that will aggressively reduce the pollution that is harming people and our planet – and save families money at the same time,” EPA Administrator Michael Regan said in a statement.

“At EPA, our priority is to protect public health, especially in overburdened communities, while responding to the President’s ambitious climate agenda. Today we take a giant step forward in delivering on those goals, while paving the way toward an all-electric, zero-emissions transportation future.”

Senate Environment and Public Works Committee Chair Tom Carper (D-Del.) praised the new rule in a statement, saying “Investing in clean cars is a key way we are going to save our planet and grow our economy, and the Biden Administration’s announcement today will help make that happen.”

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Winning ! ! !

This place will be paradise by 2024

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All things are possible in the world of make-believe money and free Depends.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They're like fire ants. There is no way to live with them. It will be kill or be killed. Nobody wants that, but it's coming.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Given that 2022 models are already out, it is hard to see how much the auto manufacturers can do by 2023..........look how long it took Toyota to come out with their new engine for the Tundra......

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

Everyday we are on step closer to becoming a third world nation.

Horse and buggies will one day rule the roads again. You'll need to pick up those hot horse buns if your horse drops any...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Winning ! ! !

This place will be paradise by 2024

I stopped under estimating the Reps ability to flat azz sit back and blow it
and the stupidity of snowflakes with help from media

and also dont forget UAW voted hook line and sinker (with a few exceptions I know)

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nothing is impossible if you are not the one that has to do it.

Last edited by pullit; 12/21/21.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
More govt mandated fugg ups.

Look what they have done to diesel pickups.

The emissions on a diesel pickup now are what fuggs one up. EGR valves, endless sensors, and DEF problems.

The govt mandates arrived much, much sooner than the technology to make them reliable...

And we as consumers are the ones footing the bills.

Look at how many billions of dollars worth of engines and repairs the ethanol requirements have cost us.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If that is accomplished, it translates to even less gas tax generated for road construction and repair. That money will have come to from somewhere! Open those wallets men...and Happy Camper.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by old_boots

Everyday we are on step closer to becoming a third world nation.

Horse and buggies will one day rule the roads again. You'll need to pick up those hot horse buns if your horse drops any...

Horses fart. We can't allow them as a means of transportation.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by TimZ
Given that 2022 models are already out, it is hard to see how much the auto manufacturers can do by 2023..........look how long it took Toyota to come out with their new engine for the Tundra......

Outstanding observation! I have a $1k deposit on the Hybrid Tundra 10 speed... April or May they are telling me.

Toyota tests the daylights out of anything they build... takes them a LONG LONG time to certify that a new model is BS free, but when they do... it is rock star solid stuff.

Love Toyota or hate Toyota... I could care less. But to say that they don't do the work better than anyone else (before releasing stuff) to the public... is pure BS.

If Ford had said in 2003. "We can no longer meet EPA standards with our 7.3... AND our 6.0 is just not ready to released "PLEASE BEAR WITH US... we have engineers and testing 24/7/365 happening"... I would still drive Fords.

Same with the LB7.

I hate lies.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Lets go brandon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's not achievable w/o a HUGE swing in product mix................many more small vehicles, probably even smaller than the small ones of today & LOTS less pickups.

Might not even be possible then...........................pure insanity.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's just another push for electrics.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TimZ

I think that is the fleet average fuel mileage goal! No problem reaching that ......cease production of high fuel consuming vehicles and only offer EV’s or high mileage “mini-cars”! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's just another push for electrics.

I don't mind if people go electric if they want to. Doesn't bother me at all.

What does bother me is the fact that the govt knows there isn't anywhere near the infrastructure to support everyone having an EV.

You talk about having some mad Indians! Just wait until they all can't go further than 100 miles from home because there's no battery charging options where and when they need them...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Start with the Presidential Limo. When that thing gets 40mpg I'll buy a new car.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by centershot
Start with the Presidential Limo. When that thing gets 40mpg I'll buy a new car.

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DBCHAP00
Lets go brandon.

Anyone named Brandon who is oblivious to news and current events must have soaring self esteem these days! laugh

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

686 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,749 guests, and 1,421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,726
Posts18,475,896
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.