Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not in year.

It would be easily possible. A few more years. Out.

Make the cars lighter.
A bunch lighter, and smaller.

Safety would be a memory, but hey, mpg.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
They're like fire ants. There is no way to live with them. It will be kill or be killed. Nobody wants that, but it's coming.

Pretty good synopsis....

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Just stopped at a Toyota Dealer to see what they had in stock...

They had ONE new truck. and a few dozen used trucks and cars. That was the whole of their inventory.

------------------------------------------------

Chatting with my old neighbor (Christmas wishes etc.)... His Chevy dealer sent him a letter offering him $7,000 MORE than he paid for his new loaded 2500 diesel just a year ago.

Ballpark info. He paid $85k or so for a deluxe Chevy 2500 (2020 model year)... has driven the truck maybe 25k-30k miles... Dealer offered him $92k to buy it back.

Crazy times.

The ultimate goal appears to be destroying the Middle class. Your neighbor obviously got a top end model, but 85 grand for a consumable product like a personable vehicle is insane. Hell, HALF that amount is insane for a consumable. And the dealer clearly thinks he can make money by paying your neighbor 92 grand.

I live in an economically depressed area, so maybe I see it before some others, but the average lower to mid range middle class household is rapidly approaching the point where they can no longer afford vehicles.

auk1124,

Agree 100%, I wouldn't buy an $85K pick-up truck if I won the lottery, crazy days we're living in.
-------------------------------------------------

Borchardt,

You've got it figured out IMO, Big Gov't Big Corp. are fully partnered up.

I generally agree, but he retired from the power company... then they called him back at a silly money 1099 rate... so he splurged on himself. I don't fault him... hell of a good guy... worked like a dog his whole life... sitting well financially... so good on him.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by reivertom
Their goal it to force us to ride around in battery powered go carts. They want to destroy the industry. That's what Marxists do when they want to implement restrictions gradually.

I sincerely believe that summary...

NONE of this is an accident.

I went to the Stihl dealer today for a 500i and a pole saw (Commercial grade)... $2k end of year tax money to spend.

NO LUCK... nothing in stock (commercial grade). Happy homeowner chit only.

My logger/dozier operator friend in WV went to pick up a couple of new Huskies after I warned him on shortages... bought the last two Pro saws the dealer had... 6-12 months "They Say" before back-fills come in.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Cluggins
If that is accomplished, it translates to even less gas tax generated for road construction and repair. That money will have come to from somewhere! Open those wallets men...and Happy Camper.

Mileage tax

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by centershot
Start with the Presidential Limo. When that thing gets 40mpg I'll buy a new car.

And the Governments fleet of Suburbans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by reivertom
Their goal it to force us to ride around in battery powered go carts. They want to destroy the industry. That's what Marxists do when they want to implement restrictions gradually.

I sincerely believe that summary...

I went to the Stihl dealer today for a 500i and a pole saw (Commercial grade)... $2k end of year tax money to spend.

NO LUCK... nothing in stock (commercial grade). Happy homeowner chit only.

My logger/dozier operator friend in WV went to pick up a couple of new Huskies after I warned him on shortages... bought the last two Pro saws the dealer had... 6-12 months "They Say" before back-fills come in.

Last I was in our Husky dealer had a few mid sized saws.
Hardware opened a Stihl dealer in the summer.
Get to g stuff has been tough, toys, dangerous toy saws, and
battery crap are all they have. 500i's have been unobtainable from
first announcement.

No Idea what is "normal", but the have a three pack of 7/32 files
marked $18! $6/!

Have ties to the place, it's very convient.
As a Husky fan, I'm only biased on power units.
But I don't think I'm paying their prices.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
They're like fire ants. There is no way to live with them. It will be kill or be killed. Nobody wants that, but it's coming.

Unfortunately we learned to live with fire ants.

We won't be able to live with idiots like this

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by centershot
Start with the Presidential Limo. When that thing gets 40mpg I'll buy a new car.

Think bigger... when Air Force One is all electric... I will consider all electric for my family.

In O'Biden's case... a rubber-band plane would be best.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
New vehicles always been a jerk off! I’d rather let a nine year old demented midget remove my toenails with a bad pair of pliars than deal with an auto dealership!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by philgood80
You can tell me to take off the tin foil but I think this is all completely calculated. The Dems know their policies are fully negative, disliked and will destroy America. Instead of acknowledging that and reversing course to save face and curry votes in the middle, they’re doubling down.

Now hear me out:
-These mileage requirements will appease the far left that worship at the alter of all things green. At least for a while.
-They will offer fedgov incentives to consumers to purchase EV’s or hybrids in the spring and summer.
-They may even give tax breaks to automakers to build more EV’s and help with R&D. I know they are “evil profit making corporations”, but they need UAW votes badly in Nov 22
-Finally this will reduce gas demand, and possibly drop fuel prices just enough to appease those precious independent votes they really need to survive.

It ain’t about the environment, or spotted owls, or emissions, or coal, or oil, or our allies.

It’s about power and control. Pure and simple.

I believe every word.

Especially the '.....power and control.' part - which is what I've been preaching locally here for nearly two years now, ever since this virus crap got going.....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 14,637 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,179
Posts18,543,163
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.