Home
Posted By: mjbgalt Buds BS - 01/18/22
Ordered a rifle from them. Paid on Thursday and it said four to seven days. Just got an email from them saying they have an unprecedented delay in shipping.

BS. Two days ago they had zero slowdown when they took my money? Wonder why they didn't say "we will take your money but it will be delayed" BEFORE I sent them money.

Really tired of businesses taking advantage of covid and delays and jacking prices and blaming everything on covid.

I know this from experience because it was one of the reasons I quit my QC job almost two years ago when they literally told me to lie to customers and take the brunt of the anger in favor of holding their money longer
Posted By: mathman Re: Buds BS - 01/18/22
A local store that does FFL transfers has a sign up about not accepting anything from Bud's.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Buds BS - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by mathman
A local store that does FFL transfers has a sign up about not accepting anything from Bud's.

Wow.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Buds BS - 01/18/22
Yikes.
Looking again at their site, they do a layaway where, if you haven't paid it off in 60 days, they cancel the order and keep all the money.

Wow, that is shady. Guess I am done with them for good.
Posted By: sdgunslinger Re: Buds BS - 01/18/22

wonder why that is ?

I have bought 2-3 guns from Buds and never had an issue , maybe they were on the slow side to get stuff shipped out
Posted By: Barney_Fife Re: Buds BS - 01/18/22
I bought one from them a few years back with no issue. But that was before the TP shortage.

Buds BBB
But look...zero customer service is actually a GOOD thing...

1) If you have placed an order and received a confirmation number we do have your order. Although shipping is delayed substantially beyond our standard terms, the website is automatically securing your item(s) as they are ordered. Our limited staff is currently only reaching out to customers when there is an actual issue with their order. So... not hearing from us is actually a good thing. Repeated attempts by hundreds of thousands of people to check the status of their order is not going to help expedite anyone's order. It only makes it more difficult for us to assist those relative handful of customers who actually require human assistance to resolve an issue with their existing order.
Same as ER Shaw...sure. send us your money and then whoops surprise, huge delay we already knew about when we took your money and quoted the time frame wayyy shorter than it now is.

Oh. And if you cancel your order with Buds they keep all your money. No refunds or exchanges.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Buds BS - 01/18/22
Stop payment or roll with their punches! Good luck.
Posted By: MadTrapper375 Re: Buds BS - 01/18/22
Buds sux. I stopped buying from them years ago. And Hickok45 can go suck a dick for promoting Buds too.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Buds BS - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

wonder why that is ?

I have bought 2-3 guns from Buds and never had an issue , maybe they were on the slow side to get stuff shipped out

Shop I dealt with got pissy cause Bud’s was cutting their throats by 60-70$

lol
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Buds BS - 01/18/22
The same with the CMP. When they get your order for a rifle or other product they send what has been called the DNBU email. The Do Not Bother Us email. If you are ordering a rifle it might be months before a rifle becomes available. You have to trust them they have not forgotten you. Things out of the E-store tend to come right away but anything firearm could be months out.

kwg
And that is fine. If you disclose it before the sale. You don't pretend to be super nice and service oriented and then do a 180 after getting the money
Posted By: OGB Re: Buds BS - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

1) If you have placed an order and received a confirmation number we do have your order. Although shipping is delayed substantially beyond our standard terms, the website is automatically securing your item(s) as they are ordered. Our limited staff is currently only reaching out to customers when there is an actual issue with their order. So... not hearing from us is actually a good thing. Repeated attempts by hundreds of thousands of people to check the status of their order is not going to help expedite anyone's order. It only makes it more difficult for us to assist those relative handful of customers who actually require human assistance to resolve an issue with their existing order.

"Hundreds of thousands" my foot!
Who do they think they are, dupont?
I'm with you, how about cash on delivery? Then my money can make me money until it's exchanged for goods.
Originally Posted by slumlord

wonder why that is ?

Shop I dealt with got pissy cause Bud’s was cutting their throats by 60-70$

lol

I thought of that too, but Buds is the ONLY one they don't transfer for. So I guess losing sales isn't the issue, just dealing with Buds.
Originally Posted by OGB

I'm with you, how about cash on delivery? Then my money can make me money until it's exchanged for goods.

Exactly.
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22

I’m sorry for your trouble. I’ve had some trouble this year with items sent East by the USPS taking up to two and three weeks.

But I need to give a shout-out to The Hunters’ Trading Post in Weymouth, MA. I bought a shotgun from them on GI the first week in December. My cashiers check sent by certified mail got lost enroute somewhere in or around Memphis, Tn, and after three weeks of my bank watching it, I canceled payment.

The whole time the gun shop was patient when presumably, they could have given me a deadline, and sold it to someone else. My next check got there in timely manner. They sent it out the day they received my check (last Thursday) and my receiving FFL got it in two week days, and over the MLK weekend. And I thought the shipping charge was low to begin with.

Hope things work out for you.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Same as ER Shaw...sure. send us your money and then whoops surprise, huge delay we already knew about when we took your money and quoted the time frame wayyy shorter than it now is.

Oh. And if you cancel your order with Buds they keep all your money. No refunds or exchanges.

Ordered a 10/22 barrel from Shaw and it was at my door 2 days later
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Yeah, it was in stock. Try ordering something they have to make.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Our corporate shipping logistics have all had multiple days delays due to weather in the southeast (Memphis and Louisville). Calm down and wait.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22

Problem with Bud's is that they don't stand behind anything they sell. Something wrong with what you get, and you are on your own. They won't lift a finger to help. You have to make do with the whatever warranty came with the gun in dealing with the manufacturer or importer on your own.

When I spoke to one of the Vice Presidents of Cimarron about a defective product of theirs I bought from Bud's, he told me that many people hate dealing with Bud's for that reason, i.e., their policy of washing their hands of what they sell as soon at the customer takes it home. I guess it's a fair enough business model, assuming they are clear about it up front (which they mostly are), but it doesn't earn them a wonderful reputation.

PS Cimarron is a first rate company to deal with if anything is wrong with a product they import.
Posted By: Marshhawk Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
I am an FFL Dealer and have never had an issue with Buds. I have probably done 75 plus transfers over the years and never an issue that I recall. Don't get me started on Fedex though.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by OGB

Exactly.

If I wanted to cancel the order I'd call my credit card co. and tell them to cancel payment. Buds won't have a choice in the matter.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Back before things got stupid, Bud's was selling guns for less than distributors could. Some shops wouldn't deal with them because of it. People would come in finger-fuqk evert gun in the store and then leave and order from Bud's. If a store was big enough and busy enough, it didn't make sense for them to accept transfers from Bud's. You could have a salesman sell a gun for markup or sell the same gun for the much lower transfer fee.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22

Its because they claim Bud's is selling guns cheaper than everyone else. Guessing Bud's gets better prices because they buy in volume. A FFL here is pissy about it, so charges extra to do a Buds transfer. Therefore I won't do any transfer with him.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Oh yea

I was really sticking it to MeeMaw and PeePaw’s local gun shop.

A little payback for them coxsuckers buying all the ammo at Walmart with all of their retarded trailer park extended family and reselling it triple markup. Mfers camping out in the floor of the sporting goods aisle while I was at work.

I wouldn’t even give them the benefit of a $35 patronage transfer fee.

Buy my firearms from Buds or Grabagun, cut their throats
Then let Midsouth Shooters reloading supply do my transfer for $10

Posted By: skeen Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22

Yep, same here. No issues, at all.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Oh yea

A little payback for them coxsuckers buying all the ammo at Walmart with all of their retarded trailer park extended family and reselling it triple markup. Mfers camping out in the floor of the sporting goods aisle while I was at work.

This....

Was nice before online sales tax and Tn getting their greedy dik beaters in it..

Its for the chillern.....

BS.
Raise money for .gov and slush fund for connected contractors....
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Sounds like Buds might be doing drop shipping???
Selling items they don't actually have but shipped from a wholesaler??
I think online places are supposed to divulge that either up front or during checkout prior to processing payment.

Dunno.

But the delay in shipping game should be divulged before.
They obviously know about it.
Pretty schitty of em to say it after processing and receiving payment.

They know if people know it upfront they will look elsewhere..
Takes one dude. Make a big pile of guns on a pallet and print shipping labels for each. Call Fed ex or ups. They pick them up.

I know because I did it.

So pretty much a bullschit excuse that they are having labor shortages.

Guess you should have paid people decently before the government tempted them to stay home.
The website says 7 business days from order. It's been 3 business days. Just sayin.'

Originally Posted by Bud's Gun Shop
We commit to ship all firearms within 7 business days of completing your order. However, our goal is always to ship ASAP.
That's the point. It's not even been the seven business days and they are already making excuses and sending emails to cover for themselves.
That's the point. It's not even been the seven business days and they are already making excuses and sending emails to cover for themselves.

That's called setting the correct expectations for the customer.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Bought 20 boxes Sako 308 Win ammo from them (all same SKU) around the end of September. In stock, per the website. Same 'unprecedented delay' message a few days later. Whatever, not a pressing need so played the game. 7 weeks later receive tracking AND a second shipping charge. Tried to pull the 'parts of the order shipping from different facilities game'. Called and asked why the same SKU would be shipping from different locations and why that wouldn't have been caught initially. Hemmed and hawed, transferred and was told essentially 'they're in the mail, your card is charged - no returns on ammo'. VISA wasn't impressed - fraudulent charges refunded.

Lesson learned, no need to shop Bud's.
Lol how you like THOSE expectations
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Well unfortunately, Bud don't own Bud's anymore. I've had the pleasure of trading guns with him face to face in years gone by, and found him to be honorable. But the business sold to what I was told was a group of physicians, and things have been different for the last 6-8 years.
Posted By: TnBigBore Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
I have always preferred to deal with Whittakers. Now if they could just get some of the rifles I like in stock again.
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
I have always preferred to deal with Whittakers. Now if they could just get some of the rifles I like in stock again.

Same here
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Oh yea

Local place upped the Transfer to $50 when the Corona Crunch hit.

Due to extra work involved.

Went in looking for a p365x.

Got one? Nah.

Can i order one online and ship here? Sure. $50.

SMH.

So, you don’t have a gun to sell, but want to fug me on shipping one here??

Plus. In Ms with ccw you fill out the form, throw down the money and bounce. No back ground check.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Buds is a business. Sometimes they are gonna piss you off. Like every other business.
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22

Same here

It’ll happen. Working on lots of stuff. FWIW - I don’t put everything in the store on the website. I need to keep some inventory to make sure customers continue to come in.

Out of curiosity, what were you looking for?
I bought a 6mm ARC rifle. Would also be interested in knowing your used stock so we can buy it online.
Posted By: OGB Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
What all this tells me is I should get my FFL just do transfers for guns people order on line and undercut all the LGSs.
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
That’ll come with the new website too, but it’ll always be a challenge. Used stuff comes in one day and is normally gone the next, especially anything desirable.

We do Snapchat a bunch of used guns. Not one of my ideas, but sometimes the old man gets proved wrong by the kids. We move a bunch of stuff that way.

Was the 6ARC a Savage Axis?
Yes, I wanted to try out the cartridge.

Would also love to see you make some more Howa arrangements. I bought a few of those.
I need to make the drive and come visit. Just sucks that I am 7 hours away
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
I’ve bought several guns from Buds without issue but none in the last couple of years since Covid hit and they couldn’t keep anything in stock. Buds used to have some great prices their prices seem more middle of the road now but I haven’t checked recently. They were emailing me for a minute to see if I wanted to sell guns back to them due to them having no inventory about a year ago 😂
Posted By: specialK Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
I have an FFL guy I use periodically and he said he would get me a firearm from anywhere but Buds guns.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
I went into a local shop Saturday. They had ammo...and wanted $45 for a box of 9mm fmjs. I'll continue to buy online...
Posted By: KFWA Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
I had the nerve to bring a gun up to the counter and tell the employee I wanted to buy it - it was a new gun on a floor rack in the middle of the store, Guy working there was all put out he had to put it back, talked [bleep] about me to the guy next to him. Apparently you were supposed to bring a tag up and leave the gun there.

Last time I went to Buds.

gone are the days of just walking in and seeing a crate of whatever surplus guns and impulse buying whatever they got a scoop on.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
My Step mother who lives in FL. wanted to purchase a 22 for my step sister to shoot.
I found one on gunbroker, used buy now and contacted buds with the ffl info in Florida. They sent me a message saying it was a straw man purchase....
My SM was paying for it, and doing all the paperwork at the local shop.
Still wouldn't complete the transaction and dropped the F bomb on my rate At GB.
IDIOTS
Posted By: joken2 Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22

Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Was the 6ARC a Savage Axis?

I bought a 6mm ARC rifle. Would also be interested in knowing your used stock so we can buy it online.

That’ll come with the new website too, but it’ll always be a challenge. Used stuff comes in one day and is normally gone the next, especially anything desirable.

We do Snapchat a bunch of used guns. Not one of my ideas, but sometimes the old man gets proved wrong by the kids. We move a bunch of stuff that way.

Whittaker's original website used gun listing back when Darrel was still alive and running the store seemed to work just fine. Was nothing fancy, just simple and about as straight forward as it could be. Added each new used listing as they came in -- removed when sold. I always used to check it daily. They had quite a high turn over in used inventory back then, too.

Same here

It’ll happen. Working on lots of stuff. FWIW - I don’t put everything in the store on the website. I need to keep some inventory to make sure customers continue to come in.

Out of curiosity, what were you looking for?

Howa Minis, Howas in general, Ruger Hawkeyes.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
I love Howa Minis.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by KFWA
I had the nerve to bring a gun up to the counter and tell the employee I wanted to buy it - it was a new gun on a floor rack in the middle of the store, Guy working there was all put out he had to put it back, talked [bleep] about me to the guy next to him. Apparently you were supposed to bring a tag up and leave the gun there.

Last time I went to Buds.

gone are the days of just walking in and seeing a crate of whatever surplus guns and impulse buying whatever they got a scoop on.

Went there with a young buddy who wanted to purchase a new Win 70 FWT 30-06 that they had advertised. Had cash in his pocket to seal the deal. Could not find any in the rack at the store. Two employees yakking leaning on the suppressor display. Asked them if we could see one of the Win M70's they has advertised. "Oh, those are over at the Internet Warehouse on the other side of town. We don't have any here at the store." My buddy asked if they could get one to the store for him to handle. Long story short, the only way they would bring a rifle to the brick and mortar store for my friend to handle the rifle would be for him to pay for the rifle today, and then come back three days later after they got the rifle from across town...

The last time I ever set foot in Bud's... A couple weeks later, my buddy voted with his dollars at a different retailer...
Posted By: Hastings Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I love Howa Minis.
If you see one anywhere in Left Hand 6.5 Grendel let me know. For that matter any lightly recoiling cartridge stronger than .223/5.56 might work. My 9 y/o grand daughter is a pretty good sniper but she is decidedly left hand and left eye dominant and doesn't much like recoil (who does?). I am set up to load 6.5 Grendel and .243W and have components.

Stainless is preferred but blue will work. Willing to pay a fair price, but not willing to be gouged.
Mine is a right hander.

Have never seen a lefty.
Originally Posted by Hastings
I love Howa Minis.
If you see one anywhere in Left Hand 6.5 Grendel let me know. For that matter any lightly recoiling cartridge stronger than .223/5.56 might work. My 9 y/o grand daughter is a pretty good sniper but she is decidedly left hand and left eye dominant and doesn't much like recoil (who does?). I am set up to load 6.5 Grendel and .243W and have components.

Stainless is preferred but blue will work. Willing to pay a fair price, but not willing to be gouged.

My middle daughter is left handed, but uses a right hand Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel. It was mine and she shot and loved it. She has since killed three bucks with it and would not trade it for left handed rifle.
I love Howa Minis.

My middle daughter is left handed, but uses a right hand Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel. It was mine and she shot and loved it. She has since killed three bucks with it and would not trade it for left handed rifle.

That was exactly why I bought my Grendel.

It HAS to be better than giving some young kid a 94 30-30.
Posted By: efw Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
On Thursday I had 5 employees. 1 tested positive on Friday, another Saturday, another was on vacation Mon-Weds, and another exhibited symptoms yesterday and has to get tested.

So right now I’m working with one other person. I had no way to know I’d be in this situation if you’d have asked Thursday morning.

This COVID bs has got to stop. It’s screwing everyone.

Because I’ve experienced this a few times now, I’m more understanding when hit by its ramifications from the other side. I’ve had people get pretty pissed at me about the situation but I’m just doing my best with what little the regs give me to work with.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
I love Howa Minis.

My grand daughter chose the RH .223 I have over her Dad's LH Tikka .308W because of recoil. She haughtily told me she only needed one shot, which turned out to be true but we got no exit, no blood trail, and the buck made a good 100 yard runoff. Flinching from recoil is much better avoided than cured. I've loaded some 130 grain Cutting Edge Bullets for the .308 with a reduced load of H4895. That might take care of the issue. If it does we will just appropriate Dad's .308 and he can use the LH .270 I gave him.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Went there with a young buddy who wanted to purchase a new Win 70 FWT 30-06 that they had advertised. Had cash in his pocket to seal the deal. Could not find any in the rack at the store. Two employees yakking leaning on the suppressor display. Asked them if we could see one of the Win M70's they has advertised. "Oh, those are over at the Internet Warehouse on the other side of town. We don't have any here at the store." My buddy asked if they could get one to the store for him to handle. Long story short, the only way they would bring a rifle to the brick and mortar store for my friend to handle the rifle would be for him to pay for the rifle today, and then come back three days later after they got the rifle from across town...

The last time I ever set foot in Bud's... A couple weeks later, my buddy voted with his dollars at a different retailer...

Not defending Bud's because I don't like them, but they do state on their website that their B&M stores may not have the same inventory. I don't understand the "cash in pocket" comment. I hope you have money if you want to buy something. I doubt if they could just rush over and get a gun from the warehouse. If they are set up properly, they have separate FFLs for each of their different stores and one for their internet sales. If your friend told them that he wanted to "handle" one, that is a tire-kicker comment. I'm sure it would feel just like every other M70 FWT ever made.
Maybe but the fwt is walnut and I would be very interested in seeing the actual rifle I was buying. Also, he means cash in pocket, as in, not tire kicking, ready to buy.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Need to quit testing and if no fever, go to work! Covid is a has been.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...interesting-interview-covid#Post16857332
Posted By: MadTrapper375 Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by efw
On Thursday I had 5 employees. 1 tested positive on Friday, another Saturday, another was on vacation Mon-Weds, and another exhibited symptoms yesterday and has to get tested.

So right now I’m working with one other person. I had no way to know I’d be in this situation if you’d have asked Thursday morning.

This COVID bs has got to stop. It’s screwing everyone.

Because I’ve experienced this a few times now, I’m more understanding when hit by its ramifications from the other side. I’ve had people get pretty pissed at me about the situation but I’m just doing my best with what little the regs give me to work with.

Buds suxed ass BEFORE covid. Always very slow shipping, have to wait till the money hit their account ya know. F them. I buy from anywhere else, the gun is in the mail sometimes as soon as the same day. Buds can suck my dick.
Posted By: Willto Re: Buds BS - 01/19/22
I have purchased a rifle and a shotgun from Buds. Didn't have a whisp of a problem with either transaction.
© 24hourcampfire