Home
So it's kind of too early, for me to post whatcha drinking...and Paul is dominating the boards with his femnazibikespanksathon...so I was wondering. What kind of watch do you wear? What kind of pocket knife do you carry...you know, manly stuff.

I wear a G-shock. On the back it says 200 meters frogman. I don't dive, but if I drop it overboard while fishing some scuba dude can claim it.

I carry a case or small spyderco or small benchmade daily, whatever I grab from the chest of drawers that morning.

I'm surprised when, at work, someone asks for a pocket knife and I'm like the only one to have one.

Must be generational.

So what do you wear...a watch or some pride bracelet? And, what's you real carry knife, not the Randall that is strapped on for the field?
Just working stuff.

Bertucci Titanium Super Luminous and a knob flip H&K knife.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Casio digital

Leatherman Wave.
No watch anymore. Typically a Timex or similar when I did.
An old Swiss Army goes everywhere I do, and a small D2 single blade for the occasional rough stuff.
Luminox when I wear a watch and the same Benchmade mini-griip for 20 or so years.
Everyday knife Spyderco Mariner with a slight point mod, watch is a Chase Durer
Seiko & Buck

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
LeakyWaders: No watch - no pocketknife.
I do carry a cellphone and a Leatherman Magnum.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Cheap watch, Case knife I have had for 55 years
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Casio digital

Leatherman Wave.

I've been wearing a Casio since the 3rd grade. Not the same one, but similar. Also carried a wave in the side pocket of my carharts when I was working. A hell of a good tool. Now recently I have been carrying a cheap small folding master mechanic utility knife that I paid $9 for at the local hardware store. Works great and is less cumbersome in the pocket than the Milwaukee fastback, which was rated the best utility knife of 2022..
Basic G-shock or a really basic timex analog with a velcro strap. I work outdoors, sometimes marking trees with paint. When I've got paint on me and my gloves, I often don't even want to have my phone with me at all, much less pull it out to see what time it is. I also am just used to looking at my wrist to see what time it is.

I should carry a knife - I'm sort of expected to for work. I usually carry a small buck knife with a clip except when I forget. But I almost never need it.
It always amazes me when I come across some guy who doesn't have a knife... shocked

I always answer the same way. Usually watching them struggle with some chore and they'll ask:

"Hey, you got a pocket knife?"

My Answer: "Yep, you don't?" grin
different watch depending what I'm doing. working outside Ironman, casual Seiko, dress Tag.

Benchmade crooked river
Originally Posted by hanco
Cheap watch, Case knife I have had for 55 years

I still have my old Case trapper. Retired it though to the knife drawer in favor of a lock blade. It got kinda loose and the blade closed on me a couple of times.
My 15 year old son carries a pocket watch on a chain, but no knife. I have always carried a knife, but haven't worn or carried a watch in years. I've been carrying this CRKT for about 3 years.
Garmin instinct solar
Kershaw Onion
Benchmade Infidel
I don't wear a watch, the phone takes care of those duties. Sometimes I will carry a traditional Case knife but usually it's one of the patterns from Great Eastern Cutlery. Great knives!
Rick
Timex analog & gerber lock blade w/ pocket clip
I haven't worn a watch for the past 45 years or so. When I was a youngster I carried a small cheap pocket watch that seemed to work OK. I don't carry a knife either though each vehicle has a Leatherman and a Buck 110 in either the console or glove box. Really have never missed either.
Swiss Army Officer's watch for everyday wear. It was a 25 year award at work in the year 2000. Still going strong. Me? Not so much.

Spyderco PM2 in my pocket.
Bertucci titanium i bought used off eBay.

A cheap beat around work knife. Kabar dozier or rat 2.
Cheap $12 pocket watch and Gerber, with replaceable blade from RMEF. Sometimes a Leatherman Wave
LeakyWaders;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the weekend's been kind to you and those who matter in your life are well.

Thanks for the interesting thread, I for one am always curious to see what folks pack around with them.

If I'm kicking around the place and not going into the big city, this is the pocket dump photo from a thread about that awhile back.

[Linked Image]

Instead of a watch I use my phone and have done ever since I started packing a cell phone.

There's always an O-Light Baton in my left front pocket and the left front has an early ZT 0566 with the Elmax blade.

The little personal scalpel fixed blade is the tip off of an old Gerber Balmung that got bobbed off one day.

On the bottom is an original Wave in a case I did up for it decades back.

All the best to you in the upcoming week and thanks again.

Dwayne
Don't normally use a watch. Anything on my wrist gets smashed so I stopped years ago. The knife is an el-cheapo folding lock blade from Wal-Mart, doesn't say anything on it but IIRC it may be an "Ozark Trails". Cost about 9 bucks in the spring of 2016. Won't hold an edge as good as more expensive stuff but I have a sharpener and it only gets occasional use. Clips into my right front pocket and if I ever lose it there's no big deal. I kind of like it for its cheap usable almost disposable attributes.
Rat 2 in D2 steel. I have others, and the Rat seems to stay in the line up.
I am pretty nuts about keeping it like a razor. It gets stropped pretty often.
My phone is now my timepiece and my knife is one of these.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

I use the blade for all kinds of schit because I don't care if I break it, it just takes a couple seconds to replace it.
No watch. Always a knife. Usually a trapper of some flavor.
Basic Case

Not so basic K’roo

A few of my GECs.

Northwoods by GEC that I’m scared to carry

Friend of a friend made this one for me.

Phone is my "watch".
Knife is a "Beast" from 3 Sisters Forge.
Since cell phones I quit wearing a watch. Have carried a leatherman PST not long after they came out. The PST has saved the day numerous times. I rotate knives and currently use a Rat R2 D2.
No watch. I have a whole gaggle of different pocket knives and I am never without one. I'm 68 and been carrying a pocket knife since cub scouts...lol
[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
Military style solar Timex daily & a Stainless Seiko on weekends.

Spyderco, Benchmade, & Kershaw do the pocket clip thing. Always a Victorinox Tinker deep down with a Streamlight & butane lighter.

If I were to ramp up anything, I'd add back a Leatherman Wave on my belt that I carried when working.

I'm not likely to head to the deep forest at a moments notice, but have had opportunities to find worth in all I carry.

I got a very good buuzz right now & fixin the grill steaks...the watch will help.
No watch.

Get about 3-4 years outta these before I lose 'em. Ironically enough I spotted(found) my first one while roading a swather down a gravel road.

This is #3, #4 is NIB waiting on the shelf....lol

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
A Casio G-Shock( I have a Rolex that I almost never wear these days), and my EDC knife is a Rat2 D2.
Timex Ironman and Leatherman Juice S2 (now discontinued) on my belt. Don't like to carry a lot in my pockets when I'm working around the place.
I have several watches including a nice TAG but don't wear them, the Ontario Rat 2 is always with me or a Cold Steel neck knife
Hamilton Field Watch and I rotate between a benchmade mini bugout or a Microtech UTX85.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Friend of a friend made this one for me.

That’s nice I like that.
I wear an Apple Watch Series 7 45mm. My wife bought it for me a week ago and I love it.

She is a keeper!

Don’t usually carry a knife.
Apple Watch and many folder knives to choose from. Typically a Benchmade Bugout or Auto-Stryker
Soviet-era Vostok Amphibian
DPX (LionSteel) H.E.S.T. 2.0 folding knife. Lost the knife for about five months last year. Found it in the garden, none the worse for wear.
No watch. Knife is an outdoor edge razorlite
No watch. I carry an acient 3 bladed Old Timer knife that i've had more than 40 years.
G-shock that's on its last leg after 10yrs, and a Brouse Blades Macdaddy

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/JB...acid-stonewashed-stainless-steel-handles
Citizen EcoDrive with a NATO strap, Benchmade mini-Bugout.

Carry a Case Trapper and I haven't worn a watch in years.

I had a hard time not tearing up a wrist watch so when I started carrying a phone, I quit wearing a watch.
Luminox P-38 Lightning and a SOG Spec Elite Mini/Seki Japan.
3 blade stockman either a Case or Buck in my front pocket since I was a kid in Jr High or before.
I stopped wearing a watch around 40 years ago. Then a pocket watch for years and now just a phone.
no watch but I carry a schrade single blade
Rolex Explorer I’ve had since July, ‘72 and a small, all stainless Gerber folder we gave my father in the late ‘70s. It was lost in his lounging chair for several years and fell out when we were moving it while looking for some change one of the grandkids had dropped.
Citizen EcoDrive and rotate knives between a bucklite II 444 folder from the 90's, gerber bolt action bone handle from the '80's or an Opinel folder from the '70's. Also carry a gerber belt tool occasionally.

Starting to leave the watch and ring at home. Just seems to easily damaged from normal physical activity. Also get a heat rash from these in the summer.
Seiko or Citizen or Fossil, depending on day/activity.

Case stockman, Buck stockman, or Old Timer trapper.
No watch or knife. Generally don't have a need for either. Retired so don't care what time it is. If I cannot kill it with my hands then I should've brought a gun.😊
Emerson Karambit and cellphone
Used to wear Timex slip on expandable band. No watch anymore, but I'm currently carrying a Case 3 blade
Medium to small locking folder with pocket clip, currently a small Buck 342 vantage pro, which I really like.

Haven't worn a watch since I signed for my DD 214. Kind of a "small victory" thing.
Omega De Ville Co-Axial Chronometer and a small pocket Gerber folder.
$10 Timex and a small, two-blade Buck pocketknife.
Bertucci watch and an Ant knife, both recommendations from 'Fire folks. The watch is about three years old and beat up pretty good but not missing a beat. The knife I got last year I think? Both are just fine selections.

Timex digital with the flexible band. I’m now on my third one, over 35 years of wearing a watch!
EDC knife is a Kershaw 5” with nice wood grips.
Got a Zippo lighter that a buddy gave me in AIT in 1985 too! The chrome is completely wore off.
I also carry a pair of 5” ignition pliers. One of the most handy items I’ve ever had. You’d be surprised how many times you pull them outta your pocket just because you have them.
7mm
Garmin 235
Leatherman skeletool cx
Ralph Lauren horween wallet

All were gifted to me. And have been well used and abused but held up wonderfully

I might change knives occasionally. But always come back to the skeletool

Damn, we may be lost cousins! I ran that exact combination for years, still carry that exact knife. Actually have 3 of those knives, 2 back and 1 FDE. The knife is an H&K Espionage model made by Benchmade (Big 5 sold them exclusively I think). Daily watch is now one of 2 different Tag Heuers. My “dress” watch is a Hublot Automatic Chronograph.

Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Just working stuff.

either a Timex or a Swiss Army
Several watches depending on use
General use a Rolex Submariner
Time changes a Nomos GMT
Traveling a Breitling Navitimer
Hunting etc a Luminox

I have several Benchmade knives and always carry one of them.
Timex with a velcro strap. A 3 1/2 inch blade Lakota Lil'Hawk made in Seki, Japan (a gift). A Gerber multi-tool. A 6 inch crescent wrench.
no watch ,to old to care what time it is. buck 3 blade stockman I have had 40 years
My everyday knock around, hunting, work outdoors, etc., watch is an inexpensive Casiio, which, two years ago replaced my 21 year old Swiss Army watch.

My pocket knife is a 72 year old Camillus Stockman my father gave me many years ago when I was 12. The stag scales are worn smooth but it is still razor sharp and "walks and talks" like a new one. I can not even imagine the dozens of hundreds times I've used that knife for every kind of "cutting" chore imaginable.

I have a nice wrist watch I've had many years. I wear it for social occasions, dinner engagements, parties, etc., and always wore it to the studios when I was there pitching stories to producers, etc. It stays in the safe when I'm not wearing it, but every couple of days, I take it out and wind it.

In the tiny rural town in North Arkansas were I grew up, there was a very large man about 40 years old, a rather rough hewn fellow, who was sometimes asked, "Hey, Ralph, can I borrow your knife a minute?'

He'd answer loudly, "Hell no! I ain't carried a knife since I got big enough to kill a man with my fists." grin

L.W.
Depends on the day/event, but it varies from Raymond Weil, Seiko or Movado.... Knives are nearly all Buck...
for 35 years wore a Rolex SS Submariner (every Day) Love it and the last 9 months changed to a G shock

Why I dont know

Knife must be USA Japan or European NO Chinese
I carry 2 a Leatherman for work utility type stuff and typically an automatic

Hank
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Garmin 235
Leatherman skeletool cx
Ralph Lauren horween wallet

All were gifted to me. And have been well used and abused but held up wonderfully

I might change knives occasionally. But always come back to the skeletool

I wear a Skeletool everyday for work, along with the ratchet, tools and a Streamlight. Been this way since 2012.
Watch: Casio Illuminator, longer band, watch compass on band,
Knife: Benchmade Osborne Reverse Tanto,
Multitool: Leatherman Charge+,
I wear a Rolex that was a gift from the wife, and it's awkward selling it and getting something cheaper. My EDC knife is a Buck Slim Hunter with a pocket clip. They are light but tough.
Before I started depending on the phone, I wore a Casio.
It had the features I liked. Slim profile, quality for price, both analog and digital display, easy view hands and numbers, earth tones. The big honkin digitals that have been the style get banged up and caught on everything. I like mine, but somehow lost it or it was stolen in the past couple break ins.

As for blade?
Today it was a rare microtech.
Yes, an answer to prayer from many years ago.
Yesterday was an antique Swiss Army.
The day before was a model called "Back Alley Fighter" made by a heart valve designer and his son. Concept.
Bertucci A-2T titanium for every day wear.

Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Classic when I have to be areound people who grade other people on the clothing and jewelry that they wear, the house that they live in, and the car that they drive.

Buck 442.
Rolex that my Dad left me and a Hubertus leverlock stag handle springer. A classic switchblade!
Citizen Eco Drive, and a cheap lock blade knife. I lose at least one knife a year. So I usually buy a knife for $20-25 for EDC from Wal-Mart, TSC, and such.
No watch and I carry the same case knife I've had for 66 years.
Armand Nicolet, Swiss mechanical automatic, complete calendar, moon phase. The back has a crystal, so you can see the works.

[Linked Image]

Pocket knife isn't anything special. Just a lightweight Gerber lockblade. Damned thing is amazing, though, since I bought it back in the early 1980s, been carrying it and using it nearly everyday since, occasionally resharpen it, and it's still 100% functional.

It's larger than it looks. That's actually a huge moth. The knife, folded, is 3.5" in length. At full expansion, that's about the wingspan of that moth, too. It's wingspan may be more than that, actually.

[Linked Image]
Just working stuff.

I have the very same knife and one in black. Did you get yours at a Big 5 Sporting Goods?

I could carry a Benchmade but the more I spend the faster I lose or break it. Counts the same for sunglasses and watches.
I wear an Apple Watch and whatever Bear Grylls endorses

LMAO
In honor of my religion

No knife, cause a gangsta brings a gun to a knife fight.
Bertucci and a Kershaw Ken Onion special
On duty, a Bulova military watch.
When I’m painting, a battered Casio G-shock.
Dress, a 70’s vintage silver and gold Seiko or a 1968 Citizen with a silver strap and blue face.
Sometimes a black Relic my wife gave to me years ago.
As for knives, I’ve got a bunch but I always carry a Swiss Tinker. Just to handy not to carry it.
I’m the only one at work that wears a watch. They ask me what time it is all the time.
Same with the knife. The older guys carry them, younger guys don’t.
Originally Posted by Krazi
Ken Onion has some very good designs.
I like his recurve blades....
Lots of belly and out performs some larger knives IMHO.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Krazi
Ken Onion has some very good designs.
I like his recurve blades....
Lots of belly and out performs some larger knives IMHO.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Some watched are like some people.
Like AOs sockpuppet.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Some watched are like some people.
Originally Posted by Pat85
If you look carefully, that actually says Omeca.
I haven’t worn a watch since cell phones came out!
I don’t trust a man that doesn’t carry at least a pen knife, more useless than most women and couldn’t count on him in a life or death situation.
I usually edc a Joel Clark fixed blade and rotate a GEC Hawbaker trapper, USA Old Timer 194OT liner lock single blade trapper, USA Old Timer muskrat, Case Damascus muskrat in a buckaroo pouch and either a Case or Old Timer peanut in my pocket. During hunting season is changes even more.

Phone for time but been meaning to get a decent watch.
Swiss Army
Rat 1 in D2
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If you look carefully, that actually says Omeca.

Get your eyes checked.
No watch for 40 years. Have always had a case muskrat in my pocket wicked sharp. Have added a Boker Kalashnikov tanto. Works well
Only knife I'll carry is a Warren Osborne designed Benchmade. I hunted with Warren a number of times on my deer lease, and I never met a finer fellow. RIP Warren, my daughter and I remember you fondly,
A Timex watch and a medium Stockman knife for most of my life. The Timex because they are inexpensive and durable, the Stockman because it is what I learned to play mumbley-peg with many years ago when I was a kid. Besides it is handy having 3 blades for different purpouses.

drover
Luminox Atacama and Benchmade Doug Ritter M390 for Sunday, go-to-meeting stuff. Everyday is Timex brass scout and Kershaw clip knife. All have been satisfactory.
I used to wear an Ironman until the advent of smart phones.

I switch in and out between a full size Griptilian and a Mini Grip, but mostly the Mini.
I wear a Timex and carry a Puma
Gave up on watches almost 30 years ago, when my old Seiko died.
I, or my body, kill every thing else - physical abuse and (I'm told) an electric or magnetic person will do that.
Didn't help working as an electrician!
Trucks, and later, phones took care of that problem for me.
Mini-trapper of one ilk or another for 50+ years. The last 20, or so, a knife made by Moore Maker - although I'm not happy with the last version.
When feeding, a cheap Kershaw flip blade rides in my pocket. One handed opening and holds an edge exceptionally well!
Just don't care for the clip advertisement, over all.
Originally Posted by ingwe

You mean a Sun Dial and a Bronze dagger?
Timex.
Kershaw Leek

dave
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Citizen Eco Drive, and a cheap lock blade knife. I lose at least one knife a year. So I usually buy a knife for $20-25 for EDC from Wal-Mart, TSC, and such.

As soon as I finally manage to drop my benchmade in the water while cutting bait, I’ll go back to a Buck.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by ingwe

You mean a Sun Dial and a Bronze dagger?

Thought they were using broken seashells and obsidian back then?
Apple Watch for time

Rat 1 in D2 until I can find my Rat 2 back.
Watch: Casio Illuminator, longer band, watch compass on band,
Knife: Benchmade Osborne Reverse Tanto,
Multitool: Leatherman Charge+,
Get your eyes checked.
Bwahahaha! grin
Always a Shinola Watch and a Bose folder or Benchmade. From time to time I’ll wear a Tag or Luminox but only on special occasions.
What do you call a man that doesn't carry a knife?

A woman.
MK II Hawkinge with NATO band,

Spyderco Stretch (ZDP189 steel)

Both 100% Made in Japan
I wear a Seiko Premier Chronograph Quartz and carry a KaBar Mule.
No watch.

Usually carry an Uncle Henry or Old Timer.
Tag Heuer and a Case Trapper. Most weekends I’m carrying a Stanley utility knife around the farm.
I don’t wear a watch, I carry a cell phone. I do carry a knife tho, it’s a hen n rooster full size trapper with damascus blades and bone handles.
G-Shock Mudmaster and a vintage CRKT Apache at the moment.

[Linked Image]
Armand Nicolet, Swiss mechanical automatic, complete calendar, moon phase. The back has a crystal, so you can see the works.

[Linked Image]

Pocket knife isn't anything special. Just a lightweight Gerber lockblade. Damned thing is amazing, though, since I bought it back in the early 1980s, been carrying it and using it nearly everyday since, occasionally resharpen it, and it's still 100% functional.

It's larger than it looks. That's actually a huge moth. The knife, folded, is 3.5" in length. At full expansion, that's about the wingspan of that moth, too. It's wingspan may be more than that, actually.

[Linked Image]

I’ve got a Gerber just like this one. My uncle bought it for me when we’re were on vacation in Charleston back in 1981 (Blade & Barrel gun store) . I was 10 years old, but remember it like it was yesterday. It has been an outstanding knife!
Hamilton Khaki Field Officer 95% of the time. Love the throwback to the A-11 project. Seiko King Samurai (made in Japan) dive watch at the pool, beach, or saltwater fishing.

Usually carry a Case medium stockman in my pocket at work. Sometimes a Case sowbelly. Both have matching bonestag scales. Victorinox Hiker in glove box of both vehicles.

I hate cell phones.
Apple Watch( Teachers run the Apple system)- iphone, ipad, itv and Macbook Air.

for knives: Benchmade 581 Osborne Barrage in m390. Lucky knife.
Small old timer single blade pen knife for small work.
Benchmade Shootout OTF in Cruwear.
Leatherman Wave+
Leatherman skeletool.

I usually have both multitools because I am always building and tearing down grid structures at Sporties.
Stainless steel in a watch irritates my wrist. Not sure if it's nickel or chromium or both. Stopped wearing a watch for a lot of years til I got a Bertucci classic titanium.

The most recent pocket knife I've been reaching for is my SAK Farmer.

FWIW I always carry a streamlight 2AAA penlight too...
No watch.

BM North fork. Mini-grip on occasion. I just found my lost R2D2, so might put it back in rotation.
Casio G Shock (sometimes a Fossil blue) and a 1475ST Kershaw Storm II.
Citizen Eco-Drive unless I plan to do some rough work or am hunting, then it is a Casio. As to pocket knife, A Swiss Army officer's model. Don't leave home without it.
No watch and Benchmade Osborne most days. William Henry on Sunday’s to church.
Tudor Black bay 58 and a benchmade
No watch.
Some type of jumbo trapper for the knife, most likely a GEC. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
With the inventions of cell phone I really don't want to watch that much anymore. Carry a pocket watch some. Pocket knife I would generally say Uncle Henry but honestly it's whichever one I haven't lost yet
Was Seiko and Bechmade 530.
Dropped down to a Fossil and a CRKT

Now I dont wear a watch and my knife is a little Sig Tac fixed blade.
Rolex Submariner that I bought new 40 years ago for $750 and a Swiss Army Manager (it has a bottle opener). They are both with me wherever I go.

Mackey

Bertucci AT-2 with an aftermarket leather band. Still use the nylon on occasion.

Buck and Sog lock backs interchangeable, whichever I grab first.

Buck Stockman comes along for the ride whenever it feels right.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I’ve got a Gerber just like this one. My uncle bought it for me when we’re were on vacation in Charleston back in 1981 (Blade & Barrel gun store) . I was 10 years old, but remember it like it was yesterday. It has been an outstanding knife!
That's about when I bought mine. Perhaps the exact year.
Originally Posted by johnw
FWIW I always carry a streamlight 2AAA penlight too...

This and a full size Benchmade Griptilian.
Don't wear a watch............
El cheapo watch from Walmart. The kind with 2 hands that confuse young folks. I carry a small Swiss Army knife. I like the nose hair clippers and tooth pick. Once in a while the tweezers are nice for a sliver of errant eyebrow. Even use the small blade on occasion.
I keep one of the smallest SAKs in my dinner pail, the car, the truck,and at my desk at home.
Handiest little knife ever
Timex, carry a 25 year old Benchmade ATS-34.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Notice the hour hand conveniently covering the P in Polex.
I’ve worn a Timex Expedition for years. My wife bought me an Apple Watch last year and I wear it for church and out to dinner. As for a knife, I carried the Benchmade folder as part of my EDC until I retired. Now I carry a Milwaukee folding razor knife with the screwdriver heads on the handle.

Ron
Rolex date just and a custom titanium folder made right here in town.
Timex expedition but it's been years.

Dozier designed A.G. Russell pocket knife
Bulova watch and small case stockman.
Citizen Avion Vintage (chrono) and a Benchmade.

Jorge, your watch has stopped 😁
A very beat up, scratched up stainless Rolex Date/Just from 1982 that’s had the o-rings replaced 3 times and a orange Outdoor Edge lite 3.0 that gets used almost daily.
I don’t wear or carry a watch, but my pocket knife is a well worn Case XX single blade “Mini Copperlock”. But not to worry, I’ve got several more like it in my safe awaiting their turn. Somebody else will probably have to wear them out!
Rolex Submariner.

I take after my dad and his brothers,that is,I have many,many knives.I like autos and carry an M/T most of the time.
A big one....knife that is. MTG
Tag Heuer watch
Eye brand knife or Danner. Hasbeen
Omega SMP 300
Spyderco Gayle Bradley #2
On my wrist a Garmin instinct solar, in my pocket a Cold steel tanto folder. everyday.

Nice Pepsi! I am almost like a woman when it comes to watches. I have several and it depends on what I am doing and my particular mood. General day to day office work I will wear an Omega Seamaster, Rolex Submariner, Tag Carrera, or Seiko. I have a couple of watch winders and this helps a lot. I am Jonesing for a Grand Seiko Lake Suwa. I will carry my William Henry pocket knife.

When I am working on stuff mechanically or yard work I like to wear a GShock and carry my Gerber pocket knife.
Rolex Submariner but often a Garmin Instinct watch when outdoors, keep a Buck knife in the truck.
I dont do the watch anymore the truck and phone take care of it. I do carry mini griptillian replaced my 40yo buck muskrat skinner when the blades got too thin to open. My stupid engineer brother got me carrying a mini leatherman with the pliers. I do take my pocket Sig 365 a lot. I got others buts those spend a lot of time with my
Originally Posted by Longbob

Nice Pepsi! I am almost like a woman when it comes to watches. I have several and it depends on what I am doing and my particular mood. General day to day office work I will wear an Omega Seamaster, Rolex Submariner, Tag Carrera, or Seiko. I have a couple of watch winders and this helps a lot. I am Jonesing for a Grand Seiko Lake Suwa. I will carry my William Henry pocket knife.

When I am working on stuff mechanically or yard work I like to wear a GShock and carry my Gerber pocket knife.

You Submariner whores!

(Just kidding).

😂😂😊😊
Originally Posted by local_dirt

You Submariner whores!

(Just kidding).

😂😂😊😊

That is no joke. I feel like I have been forked when I got the service estimate on mine last week. Normal service plus the face and hands need to be replaced. $1,600 But at least it was the first service on it for 20 years. 20 more before the next based on how I seem to wear it.

You Submariner whores!

(Just kidding).

😂😂😊😊

That is no joke. I feel like I have been forked when I got the service estimate on mine last week. Normal service plus the face and hands need to be replaced. $1,600 But at least it was the first service on it for 20 years. 20 more before the next based on how I seem to wear it.

Wait til you lose one or have one stolen..
Somewhat of a side note. We just got back from the Grand Caymans. Went into Kirk Freeport there and picked up a new Rolex for my wife with a chocolate face. I was surprised how good it looked. There wasn't a single men's Rolex in the entire store. Couldn't believe it.

It almost got expensive while we were walking around. I am a sslut for a beautiful watch dial. They had a gorgeous Patek Philippe womens Caltrava blue dial. We both fell in love with it, but I told her I guessed it would be $40,000. I was close it was $37,000. Too much for us.

One of my favorite watches is my Seiko Presage Cocktail time with a light blue champagne dial. It was $400 and one of the most gorgeous watches I have seen in my opinion especially for the price.

You Submariner whores!

(Just kidding).

😂😂😊😊

I generally don't lose stuff and haven't gotten anything stolen in all the places I have traveled, but I guess there is always a first. Most of the iffy places we go I will wear my Seiko King Turtle and my wife will wear her GShock. It looks way more expensive on her than it is and she calls it here Cholex. She is from the barrios of Peru and Chola is a reference to the women there.
Seiko and a case pocket knife.
Damasko DA36
&
Chris Reeve Sebenza 31
Victorinox Alox Army 1

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

[Linked Image from knifeinformer.com]

[Linked Image from offroadbazar.com]
Originally Posted by lastround
I don’t wear or carry a watch, but my pocket knife is a well worn Case XX single blade “Mini Copperlock”. But not to worry, I’ve got several more like it in my safe awaiting their turn. Somebody else will probably have to wear them out!
Before I daily carried a G43 in one pocket and a spare mag in the other, I carried a Mini Copperlock. Probably my favorite knife.

If I wear a watch it's a Casio Slim Solar.
Knife is a Doug Ritter Mini-RSK.
No watch.
Keyshawn Gentleman’s Folder
Leatherman Rebar
Originally Posted by Northman
Damasko DA36
&
Chris Reeve Sebenza 31
Victorinox Alox Army 1

Now you can put them back into the felt bags and lock the drawer.
Longines Hydroconquest and a spyderco

Pepsi bezel is my favorite.
Originally Posted by deflave
Damasko DA36
&
Chris Reeve Sebenza 31
Victorinox Alox Army 1

Now you can put them back into the felt bags and lock the drawer.

LOL! No schidt!

Brand spanking new. laugh

You Submariner whores!

(Just kidding).

😂😂😊😊

I generally don't lose stuff and haven't gotten anything stolen in all the places I have traveled, but I guess there is always a first. Most of the iffy places we go I will wear my Seiko King Turtle and my wife will wear her GShock. It looks way more expensive on her than it is and she calls it here Cholex. She is from the barrios of Peru and Chola is a reference to the women there.

Cholex.. Friggin hilarious. smile

You Submariner whores!

(Just kidding).

😂😂😊😊

I laugh ever time she says it and it pizzes me off that I didn't think of it first.
Tag Heuer Aquaracer good to a 1000 ft. I am not diving that deep. Carry a buck, a gimme clip knife and a Esee III. I always have a knife.

You Submariner whores!

(Just kidding).

😂😂😊😊

I laugh ever time she says it and it pizzes me off that I didn't think of it first.

😆
Casio WR20BAR
Swiss Army Officer Stainless
Latest Generation Apple(from my kids as I’d never do it!)

Kershaw Onion(surgical sharp!)
Franchi Menotti - Michaelis chronograph
Case Toothpick single blade pocketknife
NO watch

time is on my side
L.L.Bean Swiss and a Benchmade auto with a LM Wave
Troubles with Imgur, no pictures.

My Sharde is missing, so I'm using a gift from the Coop, and the watch is, a Casio with a light.
Apple Watch so my wife can reach me (purchased by my wife), I can't wear it while swinging a hammer but otherwise it seems fine.

Knifewise I currently carry a Spyderco Kapara.
Damasko DA36 & Chris Reeve Sebenza 31

The classiest set-up, so far.
G Shock and a case folder stockman or trapper.
4 1/8 Trapper . Either a Moore Maker out of Matador TX or a Case

Who needs a watch
Damasko DA36
&
Chris Reeve Sebenza 31
Victorinox Alox Army 1

I have a DA36. I've had it for years. I used to wear it daily. The hardened cases are virtually indestructible.

Casio, Kershaw and I shoot a Tikka with Leupold.
Spyderco Dragonfly with the serrations ground off and Seiko Automatic diver. I don't dive but it's virtually unbreakable and waterproof.
Usually a Tissot T-Touch watch but I have a Tissot chronograph for dressier occasions. Small Beretta Airlight knife.
Tag and a Sak.
Originally Posted by garddogg56
L.L.Bean Swiss and a Benchmade auto with a LM Wave

Bought an LLBean watch for my wife probably ten years ago. Couple of years later, she dropped it on the tile floor, cracking the crystal. I called and asked if it might be possible to have it repaired, and was told to send it in. LLBean replaced it with a new watch!
How's that for customer service?
G shock don’t carry a knife..
spyderco dragonfly and a Samsung Galaxy S7 cell phone to tell the time.

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

2.5" blade
This is the smallest lightest knife that works everyday. I carry a bigger knife when hunting.
Originally Posted by kingston
Damasko DA36
&
Chris Reeve Sebenza 31
Victorinox Alox Army 1

I have a DA36. I've had it for years. I used to wear it daily. The hardened cases are virtually indestructible.

I agree... I have owned the DA36 for 13 years... Not a single scratch on the case!
Also wear mine on a NATO strap smile

Got it when I got my Wings in 1980. Been with me ever since. Every five years or so, I ship it to Rolex for a rehab.
I've always appreciated the art of fine watches and wanted one but am so ignorant to what actually constitutes a fine watch and not just a name - never bothered to save for one.
Got it when I got my Wings in 1980. Been with me ever since. Every five years or so, I ship it to Rolex for a rehab.
How much do they charge for that service?
My older son graduated Summa Cum Laude from high school in 1989. I asked him what he’d like for a present and he said “a Rolex”. I bought him an Air King from a local jeweler for about $900. After a week or so I thought gee if my 18 year old has a Rolex, I should get one too, so I bought another Air King for myself. When my wife saw how nice our watches were, she wanted one too. The Ladies Air King cost 50% more than the men’s model, since they’re so much smaller. Two years later Son #2 said he wanted one too but with a different color face. My local jeweler told me I’m his best Rolex customer and asked if I had any more kids, and I said no, that’s the end of our Rolex purchases. That same watch 30+ years later sells for $3099+ used.

For you great unswashed about 1200 bucks. smile
Luminox dive watch and a Kershaw flipper.

That's a good chunk of the cost for a new Rolex.

Apparently time IS money.
I carry a pocket watch and a Buck 110 auto, in a sheath on my belt.

Virgil B.
I wear a Seiko Solar watch and am never without my Kershaw Scallion
I have a lot of watches and knives, so it could be anything, but I usually carry a Benchmade of some sort. This week is a Benchmade 940 and a Casio Pro-Trek.
I rotate between about 6 straps for my Timex Expedition as the primary work watch. I got a handful of other watches. One for the boat, a dressier two tone Baume and Mercier Clifton, and some other mechanicals, solars and quartzes. Maybe around 7-8 total.
Knives are mostly a leather man at work, plus a CRKT Krommer assisted opening, at home that same knife or a Russel folder that’s all steel including the handle. When cutting hay baling twine, I use my serrated Cutco folder.
Casio Illuminator here. I usually go through 1 or 2 every year cutting trees so $20 is my budget.

I always have my Leatherman on my belt. I never realized how often I used it until I forgot it at home a couple times.

WS

You Submariner whores!

(Just kidding).

😂😂😊😊

That's a GMT, not a Submariner
Somewhat of a side note. We just got back from the Grand Caymans. Went into Kirk Freeport there and picked up a new Rolex for my wife with a chocolate face. I was surprised how good it looked. There wasn't a single men's Rolex in the entire store. Couldn't believe it.

It almost got expensive while we were walking around. I am a sslut for a beautiful watch dial. They had a gorgeous Patek Philippe womens Caltrava blue dial. We both fell in love with it, but I told her I guessed it would be $40,000. I was close it was $37,000. Too much for us.

One of my favorite watches is my Seiko Presage Cocktail time with a light blue champagne dial. It was $400 and one of the most gorgeous watches I have seen in my opinion especially for the price.

Rolex makes about 1m watches a year with no desire to increase production, demand is about 10x production, probably more. The "sport" watches are most in demand, the GMT, Submariner, Explorer, Milguass, AirKing, Daytona and others. Rolex gold watches are mostly available. I've worn one of four models for 40 years, the last one in 2019 was the only one that was difficult to acquire. Now they are almost impossible for the typical consumer.
Originally Posted by Teal
I've always appreciated the art of fine watches and wanted one but am so ignorant to what actually constitutes a fine watch and not just a name - never bothered to save for one.

IMHO, find watches begin and end with an automatic movement, no battery, just wear and wind occasionally. This can include a $300 Seiko or a $10k Rolex. There's a "fine" watch at about every $1,000 increment, depending on what the wearer wants.
Originally Posted by BulletBud
My older son graduated Summa Cum Laude from high school in 1989. I asked him what he’d like for a present and he said “a Rolex”. I bought him an Air King from a local jeweler for about $900. After a week or so I thought gee if my 18 year old has a Rolex, I should get one too, so I bought another Air King for myself. When my wife saw how nice our watches were, she wanted one too. The Ladies Air King cost 50% more than the men’s model, since they’re so much smaller. Two years later Son #2 said he wanted one too but with a different color face. My local jeweler told me I’m his best Rolex customer and asked if I had any more kids, and I said no, that’s the end of our Rolex purchases. That same watch 30+ years later sells for $3099+ used.

My first Rolex was an AirKing, purchased new in 1982 in the Bahamas for $400. That watch today is over $6k. I wore it for fifteen years and traded it for $900.
Originally Posted by 257Bob

You Submariner whores!

(Just kidding).

😂😂😊😊

That's a GMT, not a Submariner

Rolex. Out.
No watch.....I own a smart phone
No knife either
Originally Posted by tedthorn
No watch.....I own a smart phone
No knife either
Fag. grin
When I wear a suit I wear a Citizen Eco Drive square face and carry a mini Victorinox so I am never without a knife. Most courthouses will let it slide and if they don't I am not out much when I need to toss one because a bought 25 of them for .50 each about 15 years ago from E-bay that had been TSA confiscated. Causal wear I have a Timex Indiglo and carry the mini Victorinox and a Microtech Ultratech or a Gerber pocket clip Multitool.
Work- timex, Luminox, Casio. SOG or Leatherman multi tool
Other- Rolex Submariner purchased in 1079
Always have a Spyderco Seki Japan clipped in my front left pocket.
Originally Posted by EQFD193

That Rolex has lasted quite a few years! grin

Was that 1079 B.C., or 1079 A.D.?? If 1079 B.C., it might have been worn by Spartan King Leonidas at the Battle of Thermopylae.

If so, it would be quite a treasure to a Rolex collector. grin

L.W.
I'm not reading through this whole thread only to post that I believe that asking a man what kind of watch and pocket knife he wears/carries is very ......................

Impolite.

Is there no civility left in this world?
Well I don't mind answering an impolite question! Haven't carried or worn a watch, since September 28th, 2014. I do carry a Buck 303t everyday. Also one of various multitools, that I seem to aquire birthdays and fathers day, from family members!
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I'm not reading through this whole thread only to post that I believe that asking a man what kind of watch and pocket knife he wears/carries is very ......................

Impolite.

Lighten up Francis! 😁

Impolite.

Says a guy posting in an Anal Bleaching thread...
Don't wear watches, they never last longer than a week when i wear them, just stop working. pocket knife an Opinel.

That Rolex has lasted quite a few years! grin
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I actually worn out the SS band to the point where it could not be repaired( 40 years on the wrist will do that...Original Purchase price around $760.00...Still have the receipt somewhere) So I found a company called Rubber B that makes a quality rubber strap that I was able to use with my Rolex clasp on....still on my wrist.

Was that 1079 B.C., or 1079 A.D.?? If 1079 B.C., it might have been worn by Spartan King Leonidas at the Battle of Thermopylae.

If so, it would be quite a treasure to a Rolex collector. grin smile !!

L.W.
Today my wrist is adorned by a Timex Expedition and my right pocket has clipped to it a Pro-Tech Emerson Auto.
I know lots of guys stopped wearing watches because of their cell phones. I just find it much more convenient to glance at my wrist than getting the phone out. Plus, there are a lot of times I intentionally leave my phone behind.

On my 18th birthday I received a citizen dive watch. I wore it daily for 15 years until it died. It was replaced with another one which now sits at the bottom of Seeley Lake, Montana. Oops.

Now I wear a G-shock. I really like this awgm100. It is slightly smaller than most G-shock and lighter. The band feels comfortable. Solar powered and sets itself with the US atomic clock every night. Stopwatch, timer, alarms, etc. It is what I wear most days. For a knife, I carry a small, inexpensive outdoor edge knife most of the time

If I am going to get dirty, I wear this older GWM digital G-shock. The knife for the outdoor days depending on what I am doing. The Swiss Army knife is from my grandparents. I received it as a gift when they were living in Germany in 1988. They went to Switzerland and brought this Huntsmans back for me and one for my brother.

The Gerber bolt action I bought in the early 90s. I have had the orange Gerber gator with 154 CM steel for about 15 years now. I love the blade and feel of the knife. It keeps a great edge. My dog got ahold of it and the handle got torn up a little.

I got the benchmade for my birthday present this year but obviously it’s not a pocket knife. I love knives with bright colored blades. They are so much easier to find when I sit them down. And yes, I know I scratched the blades learning to sharpen them along time ago. Now I know how.

I set the watches and knives on my dirty carpet for a quick picture

Nice pics, I guess I should've posted a pic...maybe later.

You guys/gals have some nice watches and knives. I think I'm in good company...except for those with the multi-bike metric spandex tools...not so sure about them yet.
I don't carry a wrist watch, but I watch watches being repaired.

Garmin forerunner.

Carrying a pm2 today.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I don't carry a wrist watch, but I watch watches being repaired.

I have caught his restoration videos before. He is very talented, but his commentary makes it pretty damn funny to listen to as he is restoring these pieces.
I haven't worn a watch in at least 25 years. Spiderco in the pocket.
Originally Posted by dakotakidd
Garmin forerunner.

Carrying a pm2 today.

Great photo!
Bali Song butterfly knife in back pocket, a Benchmade auto in front pocket
Leatherman Super Tool on belt
Originally Posted by IDMilton
Now I wear a G-shock. I really like this awgm100. It is slightly smaller than most G-shock and lighter. The band feels comfortable. Solar powered and sets itself with the US atomic clock every night. Stopwatch, timer, alarms, etc. It is what I wear most days.

Just ordered a version of the top G Shock with a different color scheme. Haven’t worn a watch in 20+ years. Guess I’ll give it a shot.

That's a good chunk of the cost for a new Rolex.

You should price them lately? That is for a complete overhaul to include a new face, hands, crystal, etc. But yes it is expensive
I rarely ever wear a watch…..just don’t take the “time” to put one on! But, when I do……it’s a $10 (10 year old) Casio! I probably should check to see if it’s still working! 😁 memtb
I quit wearing watches when I retired.....I always carry a pocket knife of some type. I alternate depending on what I'm doing.
Haven't had a watch in 14 years
benchmade mini griptillian
Originally Posted by Teal

Impolite.

Says a guy posting in an Anal Bleaching thread...

HA!

Some topics are just so deserving of comment, no matter the degree of politeness, that I couldn't resist.

But, the topic of timepieces and pocket cutlery is many times a thinly disguised attempt by some to show superiority over their acquaintances. I cannot abide partaking in oneupmanship.
A Timex Expedition or a Rolex Submariner I purchase in Singapore in 1969.
In my pocket (about the fourth or fifth replacement) of a small 3 blade US made Schrade.
Do not think I will need replacements for either until I no longer have use for them.
Although I don’t “carry” a knife my favorite knife is a Buck Model 110. I bought it for $6.00 back in 1970 while stationed at Fort Benning GA. It holds great sentimental value for me. While stationed at Fort Benning we found out we were going to become parents. That baby turns 51 in two weeks.
Seiko stainless railroad approved.
No knife, there's always one nearby in the jockey box or tool belt or workbench.
Kershaw Onion knife and when I wear a watch it's a Rolex (retirement gift, I would never pay that much for a watch), the only watch I own.
© 24hourcampfire