Home
I hope to see a follow up and these officers held accountable.

The government is not trustworthy, in any sense, just look at the covid-19 misinformation
The last 5 seconds of video is PERFECT!!!

"Freedom is scary... Deal with it!"
I enjoy listening to John when he gets his teeth into some of these cases.

Bowhunting in those 4 counties is serious business. No gun hunting for deer allowed. Lots of reclaimed strip mines where they planted deer food. Some nice bucks come out of the area and a few massive ugly antlers too.
I would suggest subscribing to lawyers channel.... go look at the stuff - people he defends... it will blow your mind how some police and some governments have gone pure drunk with power and abuse their power.... scary stuff going on....
If two NC game wardens are contacted by two WV and asked to go to a NC residents home with them,, how should that be handled?
Should the NC GW get clearance from the Supervisor to get involved?

I'll bet $$$ to donut that none of the lying GW's will miss a red cent of income/retirement/benefits. These types cost the taxpayers big money, but NONE of the taxpayers will demand they be fired.
Local corn baiting bitch ass jealous tittie babies

Someone has a similar deer on their trail cams and the case is built on that?

He should try to sue for defamation
Regardless of our station, or title*, in life, we ALL suffer from the "human frailty".
A law officer will turn a blind eye.
Any elected official will take a bribe, monetary or otherwise, to change their vote and/or support.
"Greed" is the name of the game.

* - hired, earned or elected - there is a distinct difference between "smart" and "intelligent"
I am surprised this kind of crap is still going on. Who the hell thinks this kind of abuse will repeatedly fly under the public radar? Time for those jackwipes to turn in their badges.
Some game wardens can be real jerks. Had a run in with one of those in CO when I was about 23 years old and on active duty. It resulted in the only ticket I have ever received from a warden. Happened this way:

I was duck hunting with my father and another guy on a public reservoir in CO about 100 yards from a refuge that didn't allow hunting. We got the decoys out before first light and ducks were literally pouring into out set. About an hr after daylight we watched a CO DOW truck set up about 500 yards away and he guessed he was probably watching us. CO used a point system back then where different species of ducks had a point value and when you reached 100 points you were limited out. I has shooting good that day and limited early and decided to go stomp around in some fields for pheasants and quail so I left the other 2 in the blind.

While looking for pheasants I heard a few shots from the blind. Didn't get any pheasants and returned to the blind about 2 hrs later. Game warden truck was still there. My father told me he had hit a duck that made it to the refuge but he couldn't find it. Since I was limited I told him I'd go look for the bird. This was totally legal since the refuge is public land and I did not take a gun with me. I found a dead goldeneye drake in a small pond and picked it up thinking it was the bird Dad had hit. But when I got to the blind he told me he had hit a widgeon and not a goldeneye. I didn't know how long the bird had been dead and dropped it beside the blind. And then here came the warden!

He pulled up and made us safe the weapons and then walked over to the goldeneye and picked it up and told me I was over limit. I explained how I came to have the bird (and remember the other guys could cover it with their points if need be) and the warden said he didn't care. He knew I had already limited out and said when I went to the refuge I had rendered the bird under my possession and was therefore over the daily limit. The fact I was trying to recover a wounded bird (which is required by law) was irrelevant to him and he wrote me a ticket. I was active duty at the time and the ship was leaving on deployment so I couldn't go to court. Ended up pleading no contest and paid $168 fine (this was many years ago). Since then I have never gone to look for any animal someone else has wounded.

Found out later that the game warden in question was new from college and was so overhanded in how he handled things that they had to move him to another office in the state because he was notorious for writing BS tickets and the locals complained. Never had problems with any other game warden in the 13 states I have hunted. Just that one guy.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Local corn baiting bitch ass jealous tittie babies

Someone has a similar deer on their trail cams and the case is built on that?

He should try to sue for defamation
I totally agree! I'm not much on lawsuits but I would go after these clowns like a hobo after a ham sandwich!
I don't know why most people put up with "law enforcement" antics anymore. The old narrative of "civil duty" was dead and buried a long time ago. The SCOTUS has ruled many times the "serve and protect" is a myth, and has bestowed "qualified immunity" upon the enforcers of the criminal edicts of government.
We rented to a game warden, never again.
As a NY resident, I frequently hunt in PA with a PA non-res license. I was getting my licenses on-line for many years. One year when I was intending to hunt whitetails on PA game property, I was sitting in my car waiting for the heavy rain to stop. Game wardens enter the parking area and check some guy who just dragged out a doe.

They approach my car and ask for my hunting license. I tell the guy that its hanging on the back of my backpack and that I'll have to get it. When I hand him the license, he initially tells me that he's never seen one like it and asks where i got it. I explained that it was mailed to me in NY. Upon further inspection he says that it appears to be last year's license. I look and he was correct, so I reached into the car where the new rule book was and produced the current license which was still in it. I had forgot to swap it out with last years. The guy tells me that he has to "write me up". I remind him that not only do I possess the current license but that I am merely sitting in my car and not doing anything that requires a license of any type. The guy says that I have an "improperly displayed license", even though it was laying on the floor attached to my pack and I wasn't hunting. He tells me, quite candidly. that he has to justify his job.

I guess I was guilty off intending to hunt with an improperly displayed license. I wonder if I said I was there just bird watching???
Originally Posted by Charlie-NY
As a NY resident, I frequently hunt in PA with a PA non-res license. I was getting my licenses on-line for many years. One year when I was intending to hunt whitetails on PA game property, I was sitting in my car waiting for the heavy rain to stop. Game wardens enter the parking area and check some guy who just dragged out a doe.

They approach my car and ask for my hunting license. I tell the guy that its hanging on the back of my backpack and that I'll have to get it. When I hand him the license, he initially tells me that he's never seen one like it and asks where i got it. I explained that it was mailed to me in NY. Upon further inspection he says that it appears to be last year's license. I look and he was correct, so I reached into the car where the new rule book was and produced the current license which was still in it. I had forgot to swap it out with last years. The guy tells me that he has to "write me up". I remind him that not only do I possess the current license but that I am merely sitting in my car and not doing anything that requires a license of any type. The guy says that I have an "improperly displayed license", even though it was laying on the floor attached to my pack and I wasn't hunting. He tells me, quite candidly. that he has to justify his job.

I guess I was guilty off intending to hunt with an improperly displayed license. I wonder if I said I was there just bird watching???
Wow.
When the old game warden for our county retired, a new one was assigned. He wanted his kid to go to our high school because the football program there was SOLID, and he thought the kid could get a scholarship playing there. No one would rent to him, no one at all. Most folks there just wanted to be left alone, and didn't want a possum cop living nearby. The old game warden knew that, and we never saw him the whole time I lived there. The new guy made waves, and didn't last long.
Originally Posted by Charlie-NY

You didn't fight it? I sure would have.
Originally Posted by MAC
Some game wardens can be real jerks. Had a run in with one of those in CO when I was about 23 years old and on active duty. It resulted in the only ticket I have ever received from a warden. Happened this way:

I was duck hunting with my father and another guy on a public reservoir in CO about 100 yards from a refuge that didn't allow hunting. We got the decoys out before first light and ducks were literally pouring into out set. About an hr after daylight we watched a CO DOW truck set up about 500 yards away and he guessed he was probably watching us. CO used a point system back then where different species of ducks had a point value and when you reached 100 points you were limited out. I has shooting good that day and limited early and decided to go stomp around in some fields for pheasants and quail so I left the other 2 in the blind.

While looking for pheasants I heard a few shots from the blind. Didn't get any pheasants and returned to the blind about 2 hrs later. Game warden truck was still there. My father told me he had hit a duck that made it to the refuge but he couldn't find it. Since I was limited I told him I'd go look for the bird. This was totally legal since the refuge is public land and I did not take a gun with me. I found a dead goldeneye drake in a small pond and picked it up thinking it was the bird Dad had hit. But when I got to the blind he told me he had hit a widgeon and not a goldeneye. I didn't know how long the bird had been dead and dropped it beside the blind. And then here came the warden!

He pulled up and made us safe the weapons and then walked over to the goldeneye and picked it up and told me I was over limit. I explained how I came to have the bird (and remember the other guys could cover it with their points if need be) and the warden said he didn't care. He knew I had already limited out and said when I went to the refuge I had rendered the bird under my possession and was therefore over the daily limit. The fact I was trying to recover a wounded bird (which is required by law) was irrelevant to him and he wrote me a ticket. I was active duty at the time and the ship was leaving on deployment so I couldn't go to court. Ended up pleading no contest and paid $168 fine (this was many years ago). Since then I have never gone to look for any animal someone else has wounded.

Found out later that the game warden in question was new from college and was so overhanded in how he handled things that they had to move him to another office in the state because he was notorious for writing BS tickets and the locals complained. Never had problems with any other game warden in the 13 states I have hunted. Just that one guy.

I got mad just reading that. Must have got a lot of ass beatings in high school or something.
A week and a half ago a big buck was hit by a vehicle and died 35yrds into a crp field 10 miles from my place. They bow hunter that was hunting the property found him. He's got multiple year's worth of pictures of this deer and has been hunting him hard for multiple seasons. So him and the landowner did the right thing and called it in. Our local warden couldn't come so a desk jockey from Sioux Falls came out. An autopsy was performed and deemed the buck wasn't poached but he said it was too big for them to keep (rough scored at 198 with a broken brow). He then drove around for many days with the buck in the back of his truck showing all his buddies saying that it was confiscated because something nefarious happened. It's blown up on our local social media. The landowner and bow hunter are pursuing legal methods of getting it back now because the gfp are refusing to give the buck up. Really puts them in a bad light. Stories like this will keep people from doing the right thing.
I could tell stories about a federal game warden in Ouachita Parish and his hatred of duck hunters that would curl your hair.
About three weeks ago my cousin (who is a retired State Trooper.... and I'm only mentioning this because he was bitching about game wardens harassing him too) and I were hunting pheasants out on state game lands near another buddy's house. When we got to the parking lot another one of my long time friends was sitting there in his truck (this was PA archery season).

I got to talking to him as he had taken a buck the prior day with his crossbow. He gutted the buck and pulled it away from the gut pile then walked out to his truck to get a pen to fill the tag out. While out there the game bitch for this area pulled up and walked back to the buck with him to see it. Once he saw that it was moved TEN FEET from where it dropped without a tag on it he told my buddy to expect a citation from the Magistrate's office. For those wondering, in PA you can't move a deer an inch without a tag on it once it's dead. Spirit of the law verses intention in my mind.

Told him I'd fight it. It's only five bucks more to fight it here.
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
About three weeks ago my cousin (who is a retired State Trooper.... and I'm only mentioning this because he was bitching about game wardens harassing him too) and I were hunting pheasants out on state game lands near another buddy's house. When we got to the parking lot another one of my long time friends was sitting there in his truck (this was PA archery season).

I got to talking to him as he had taken a buck the prior day with his crossbow. He gutted the buck and pulled it away from the gut pile then walked out to his truck to get a pen to fill the tag out. While out there the game bitch for this area pulled up and walked back to the buck with him to see it. Once he saw that it was moved TEN FEET from where it dropped without a tag on it he told my buddy to expect a citation from the Magistrate's office. For those wondering, in PA you can't move a deer an inch without a tag on it once it's dead. Spirit of the law verses intention in my mind.

Should have told the game warden the buck hadn't been moved but the gut pile had and he doesn't have to tag the gut pile
Originally Posted by MAC

Should have told the game warden the buck hadn't been moved but the gut pile had and he doesn't have to tag the gut pile
Great thinking there! You're right
I hope he wins big. What a crock the way these cops act
Originally Posted by MAC

Update, I just texted him and asked if he got the fine. $294.25 lol

Gave him your idea (which is what I'd do) and he said it's not worth it to fight it. Me presonally, I would. But if I remember right he told the azzhole he moved it so it might not hold up in court.
Originally Posted by MAC

Update, I just texted him and asked if he got the fine. $294.25 lol

Gave him your idea (which is what I'd do) and he said it's not worth it to fight it. Me presonally, I would. But if I remember right he told the azzhole he moved it so it might not hold up in court.
How much is a deer tag?
Not sure, Lic is around $55 I think plus archery permit (around 10 bucks I think). Ashamed I don't know for sure but I just buy mine and my sons every year, don't really pay attention. $25 for a fuggin pheasant permit.

PA sucks
Game wardens are dicks I have stories
Originally Posted by earlybrd
And go figure, this is an internet forum in which you can share 'em.

That don't sound Constitutional.
We used to f-ck with them when we were young, go out spotlighting but not take any guns or ammo, and it use to piss them off.
Originally Posted by skeen
One stalked me thru the woods I seen him after a steep walk up a mountain only reason I stopped was to catch air “Let’s see that huntin license” after he got up to where I was.I told him first sit down catch your breath then I told him I don’t have a huntin license.”Why don’t you” I’m exempt “Can you prove that” Yes go to that house down there that’s grandmas house 🤣🤣you might get some hot rolls
Originally Posted by Fubarski

If you want to argue a citation in Pa it cost's 5 bucks. You have to send in the citation with the fine amount (I think, been a while since I've had one) and five extra dollars to cover it till the hearing.
Originally Posted by skeen
$2 national forest stamp went out cost me $150

If you want to argue a citation in Pa it cost's 5 bucks. You have to send in the citation with the fine amount (I think, been a while since I've had one) and five extra dollars to cover it till the hearing.

You also hafta pay the fine and costs, fore you're found guilty?

NFW.
Claude Dallas had a great way of dealing with dipshit bullies that hid behind their game warden badge….😂

You also hafta pay the fine and costs, fore you're found guilty?

NFW.
Yes. If you plead guilty you pay all of that anyway so it's only 5 bucks more to take it to a hearing.

ETA: You're asking if you have to pay everything up front, I'm pretty sure you do but not positive. If found not guilty you get your money back. Pretty sure that's how it works. Like I said I haven't had a citation for anything in quite a while (knock on wood).
If you’re found not guilty do you get the money back including the $5 fee?
Honestly I don't know but I think you give up the 5 bucks.
Guys I worked Offshore rigs with from Columbia, Mississippi [Foxworth] told me of a jackass GW in Marion County who thought he was God.

Came out of the gate writing tickets for anything he could think of. Then one day when he was cruising some paper-mill land which was like public property back then. Two shooters mag-dumped his vehicle, mini-14 and a remington pump 270. He floor-boarded the vehicle in reverse and wrecked into the woods, jumped out and ran off into the woods, said bullets were flying past his head.
One of the shooters did two tours of Vietnam and was a crazy type before he went to Vietnam.

He told my co-workers he chased the GW through the woods yelling 'I'm going to kill you', you mf'r to the top of his lungs.< He did this in Vietnam. He showed them what it sounded like when he told the story, they said he could yell so loud it seemed impossible.
That's about all I remember, and the GW was screaming as loud as he was, the GW outran him.
The state investigated it but never was able to prosecute anybody.

If you knew this bunch I can assure you you'd believe this story and more, > old school mississippi dudes where eF around and find out took very little eF'n around.
You guys asking, I'm going to check into it and find out for sure what one has to do. I just know that anytime I've got a traffic citation I've fought it because if you lose it's only 5 bucks more and the officer might not show up so it's worth it but it's been so long I can't remember exactly what the fees are. I'll find out for sure and post on here in this thread. I'm curious as well at this point.
Originally Posted by Borchardt
I could tell stories about a federal game warden in Ouachita Parish and his hatred of duck hunters that would curl your hair.
If you are talking about Joe O. I knew him well and worked with him a few times. What he didn't like was wealthy landowners that thought they could bait, shoot over limits, use lead, etc.and nobody could mess with them. He was known to have walked 8 miles one way to make a case. Politically he was not liked but he was straight. I can promise you he did not hate duck hunters. He had a bit of a hard on for the wealthy elite that thought they couldn't be bothered.
Interesting but I can’t see how that’s constitutional. It’s only $5 but if you’re found not guilty it’s as if you shouldn’t have been in that spot to begin with so if anything the state should pay you.

What if it’s something with an extremely high potential fine? Does one have to post a couple thousand dollars for a hearing? So much for innocent until proven guilty…
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Interesting but I can’t see how that’s constitutional. It’s only $5 but if you’re found not guilty it’s as if you shouldn’t have been in that spot to begin with so if anything the state should pay you.

What if it’s something with an extremely high potential fine? Does one have to post a couple thousand dollars for a hearing? So much for innocent until proven guilty…

Agreed and the state may pay back the 5 if you're found not guilty, it's been so long Idk. As to the rest like I said I'm not sure but I think you have to send payment in to get a hearing. Ya it's not right and I may be way off but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. If not I'll know in a day or two and eat some crow.
If not I'll know in a day or two and eat some crow.

Nothin wrong bout misrememberin a bad experience years ago.

I appreciate your effort ta get it straightened out.

It's basically the cost for a hearing.pretty sure you do not get it back. You paid for a hearing, you got one.
Been that way forever, my guess is $5 was some money when it started.
Today it is so little it is a joke. $5 for 20 minutes of a magistrate's time, and facilities.

Same thing applies to any summary offense.
Never dealt with bigger charges.

Oh yeah.
You have to pay the fine and the five bucks in 10 days.
You then wait for a hearing to be scheduled.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

It's basically the cost for a hearing.pretty sure you do not get it back. You paid for a hearing, you got one.
Today it is so little it is a joke. $5 for 20 minutes of a magistrate's time, and facilities.

Oh yeah.

Can I not pay the 5 bucks, and bring my own judge?
Originally Posted by stxhunter
We used to f-ck with them when we were young, go out spotlighting but not take any guns or ammo, and it use to piss them off.
I've done this, when I was a teenager. Yessir, they tend to get all worked up.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Oh yeah.

Can I not pay the 5 bucks, and bring my own judge?
Haha no fuggin way. And I'm pretty sure he's right. I'll let you guys know for sure soon.
Why should I be required to pay for a hearing to prove that I didn’t do what you’re accusing me of doing?

I “asked for a hearing” because you said that I did something that I claim I didn’t do and my only recourse is to “ask for a hearing”. Why shouldn’t you pay the $5 plus the original fine if I’m found not guilty? You are the one that made an accusation that you can’t prove and wasted my time.
My only experience with a game warden was one came to the ranch in NM once and asked if I had a 30-06. Told him no. Later heard that someone slaughtered 12 elk over in the Valle Vidal, and left them laying where they'd been shot. They were testing primer indentions. Apparently they found a spent round.

Fishing license checks not counted.
Not sure, Lic is around $55 I think plus archery permit (around 10 bucks I think). Ashamed I don't know for sure but I just buy mine and my sons every year, don't really pay attention. $25 for a fuggin pheasant permit.

PA sucks
About 6 years worth of permits.

Just tell judge the same thing my step dad told em when he was fined for putting a gut shot deer out of its misery and crossed onto his place. Other hunter asked if he was tagging it, step dad said no, you shot it I just finished it off and he was welcome to cross the fence and get it. Guy left and came back with warden. Step dad refused to tag it even when warden said he would get a citation.

Went to court and was fined. Told judge that his fine amounted to however many years worth of tags and he would keep hunting but wouldn't be purchasing tags.
Well fella's it seems I was wrong. You do not have to send in the fine amount before your hearing, you only have to send in 5 bucks with the not guilty declaration. And I was told if found not guilty you get your 5 bucks back.

My GF's mother is retired from a Magistrates office here in Pa and that is what she told me anyway.
Well fella's it seems I was wrong. You do not have to send in the fine amount before your hearing, you only have to send in 5 bucks with the not guilty declaration. And I was told if found not guilty you get your 5 bucks back.

My GF's mother is retired from a Magistrates office here in Pa and that is what she told me anyway.

Thanks for the follow up. 👍. That makes sense.
From what little I looked, it appears they consider it a bond, pending trial.

Which still doesn't make any sense, cause ya only gotta post a bond if ya want a hearing.

Thanks for the update.
hmmm
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Guys I worked Offshore rigs with from Columbia, Mississippi [Foxworth] told me of a jackass GW in Marion County who thought he was God.

Came out of the gate writing tickets for anything he could think of. Then one day when he was cruising some paper-mill land which was like public property back then. Two shooters mag-dumped his vehicle, mini-14 and a remington pump 270. He floor-boarded the vehicle in reverse and wrecked into the woods, jumped out and ran off into the woods, said bullets were flying past his head.
One of the shooters did two tours of Vietnam and was a crazy type before he went to Vietnam.

He told my co-workers he chased the GW through the woods yelling 'I'm going to kill you', you mf'r to the top of his lungs.< He did this in Vietnam. He showed them what it sounded like when he told the story, they said he could yell so loud it seemed impossible.
That's about all I remember, and the GW was screaming as loud as he was, the GW outran him.
The state investigated it but never was able to prosecute anybody.

If you knew this bunch I can assure you you'd believe this story and more, > old school mississippi dudes where eF around and find out took very little eF'n around.
Originally Posted by DMc
My only experience with a game warden was one came to the ranch in NM once and asked if I had a 30-06. Told him no. Later heard that someone slaughtered 12 elk over in the Valle Vidal, and left them laying where they'd been shot. They were testing primer indentions. Apparently they found a spent round.

How would they show the shell came from the gun that killed the elk.
18 million views

Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by DMc

How would they show the shell came from the gun that killed the elk.

Firing pin identification is admissible. That’s the reason new handguns have a fired case for the states that require it.
Tag
© 24hourcampfire