24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7,196
skeen Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7,196
I hope to see a follow up and these officers held accountable.


BP-B2

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 29,534
J
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 29,534
The government is not trustworthy, in any sense, just look at the covid-19 misinformation



I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15,946
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15,946
The last 5 seconds of video is PERFECT!!!

"Freedom is scary... Deal with it!"


"The Republic Is Lost" November 4, 2020 deflave


Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,786
M
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,786
I enjoy listening to John when he gets his teeth into some of these cases.

Bowhunting in those 4 counties is serious business. No gun hunting for deer allowed. Lots of reclaimed strip mines where they planted deer food. Some nice bucks come out of the area and a few massive ugly antlers too.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,323
S
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,323
I would suggest subscribing to lawyers channel.... go look at the stuff - people he defends... it will blow your mind how some police and some governments have gone pure drunk with power and abuse their power.... scary stuff going on....


The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
IC-A B3

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 20,314
O
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 20,314
If two NC game wardens are contacted by two WV and asked to go to a NC residents home with them,, how should that be handled?
Should the NC GW get clearance from the Supervisor to get involved?

I'll bet $$$ to donut that none of the lying GW's will miss a red cent of income/retirement/benefits. These types cost the taxpayers big money, but NONE of the taxpayers will demand they be fired.


PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

chipsNdips,, honey hand me another pepsi,, love this barca lounger and big screen TV,, ahh - life is good
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 60,595
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 60,595
Local corn baiting bitch ass jealous tittie babies

Someone has a similar deer on their trail cams and the case is built on that?

He should try to sue for defamation

Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 1,851
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 1,851
Regardless of our station, or title*, in life, we ALL suffer from the "human frailty".
A law officer will turn a blind eye.
Any elected official will take a bribe, monetary or otherwise, to change their vote and/or support.
"Greed" is the name of the game.

* - hired, earned or elected - there is a distinct difference between "smart" and "intelligent"

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 19,629
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 19,629
I am surprised this kind of crap is still going on. Who the hell thinks this kind of abuse will repeatedly fly under the public radar? Time for those jackwipes to turn in their badges.

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 721
W
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 721


"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
IC-B B4

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,865
MAC Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,865
Some game wardens can be real jerks. Had a run in with one of those in CO when I was about 23 years old and on active duty. It resulted in the only ticket I have ever received from a warden. Happened this way:

I was duck hunting with my father and another guy on a public reservoir in CO about 100 yards from a refuge that didn't allow hunting. We got the decoys out before first light and ducks were literally pouring into out set. About an hr after daylight we watched a CO DOW truck set up about 500 yards away and he guessed he was probably watching us. CO used a point system back then where different species of ducks had a point value and when you reached 100 points you were limited out. I has shooting good that day and limited early and decided to go stomp around in some fields for pheasants and quail so I left the other 2 in the blind.

While looking for pheasants I heard a few shots from the blind. Didn't get any pheasants and returned to the blind about 2 hrs later. Game warden truck was still there. My father told me he had hit a duck that made it to the refuge but he couldn't find it. Since I was limited I told him I'd go look for the bird. This was totally legal since the refuge is public land and I did not take a gun with me. I found a dead goldeneye drake in a small pond and picked it up thinking it was the bird Dad had hit. But when I got to the blind he told me he had hit a widgeon and not a goldeneye. I didn't know how long the bird had been dead and dropped it beside the blind. And then here came the warden!

He pulled up and made us safe the weapons and then walked over to the goldeneye and picked it up and told me I was over limit. I explained how I came to have the bird (and remember the other guys could cover it with their points if need be) and the warden said he didn't care. He knew I had already limited out and said when I went to the refuge I had rendered the bird under my possession and was therefore over the daily limit. The fact I was trying to recover a wounded bird (which is required by law) was irrelevant to him and he wrote me a ticket. I was active duty at the time and the ship was leaving on deployment so I couldn't go to court. Ended up pleading no contest and paid $168 fine (this was many years ago). Since then I have never gone to look for any animal someone else has wounded.

Found out later that the game warden in question was new from college and was so overhanded in how he handled things that they had to move him to another office in the state because he was notorious for writing BS tickets and the locals complained. Never had problems with any other game warden in the 13 states I have hunted. Just that one guy.


You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,377
J
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,377
Originally Posted by slumlord
Local corn baiting bitch ass jealous tittie babies

Someone has a similar deer on their trail cams and the case is built on that?

He should try to sue for defamation
I totally agree! I'm not much on lawsuits but I would go after these clowns like a hobo after a ham sandwich!

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,189
H
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,189
I don't know why most people put up with "law enforcement" antics anymore. The old narrative of "civil duty" was dead and buried a long time ago. The SCOTUS has ruled many times the "serve and protect" is a myth, and has bestowed "qualified immunity" upon the enforcers of the criminal edicts of government.


I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 52,109
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 52,109
We rented to a game warden, never again.


These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 357
C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 357
As a NY resident, I frequently hunt in PA with a PA non-res license. I was getting my licenses on-line for many years. One year when I was intending to hunt whitetails on PA game property, I was sitting in my car waiting for the heavy rain to stop. Game wardens enter the parking area and check some guy who just dragged out a doe.

They approach my car and ask for my hunting license. I tell the guy that its hanging on the back of my backpack and that I'll have to get it. When I hand him the license, he initially tells me that he's never seen one like it and asks where i got it. I explained that it was mailed to me in NY. Upon further inspection he says that it appears to be last year's license. I look and he was correct, so I reached into the car where the new rule book was and produced the current license which was still in it. I had forgot to swap it out with last years. The guy tells me that he has to "write me up". I remind him that not only do I possess the current license but that I am merely sitting in my car and not doing anything that requires a license of any type. The guy says that I have an "improperly displayed license", even though it was laying on the floor attached to my pack and I wasn't hunting. He tells me, quite candidly. that he has to justify his job.

I guess I was guilty off intending to hunt with an improperly displayed license. I wonder if I said I was there just bird watching???

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7,196
skeen Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7,196
Originally Posted by Charlie-NY
As a NY resident, I frequently hunt in PA with a PA non-res license. I was getting my licenses on-line for many years. One year when I was intending to hunt whitetails on PA game property, I was sitting in my car waiting for the heavy rain to stop. Game wardens enter the parking area and check some guy who just dragged out a doe.

They approach my car and ask for my hunting license. I tell the guy that its hanging on the back of my backpack and that I'll have to get it. When I hand him the license, he initially tells me that he's never seen one like it and asks where i got it. I explained that it was mailed to me in NY. Upon further inspection he says that it appears to be last year's license. I look and he was correct, so I reached into the car where the new rule book was and produced the current license which was still in it. I had forgot to swap it out with last years. The guy tells me that he has to "write me up". I remind him that not only do I possess the current license but that I am merely sitting in my car and not doing anything that requires a license of any type. The guy says that I have an "improperly displayed license", even though it was laying on the floor attached to my pack and I wasn't hunting. He tells me, quite candidly. that he has to justify his job.

I guess I was guilty off intending to hunt with an improperly displayed license. I wonder if I said I was there just bird watching???
Wow.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,963
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,963
When the old game warden for our county retired, a new one was assigned. He wanted his kid to go to our high school because the football program there was SOLID, and he thought the kid could get a scholarship playing there. No one would rent to him, no one at all. Most folks there just wanted to be left alone, and didn't want a possum cop living nearby. The old game warden knew that, and we never saw him the whole time I lived there. The new guy made waves, and didn't last long.


You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 3,825
S
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 3,825
Originally Posted by Charlie-NY
As a NY resident, I frequently hunt in PA with a PA non-res license. I was getting my licenses on-line for many years. One year when I was intending to hunt whitetails on PA game property, I was sitting in my car waiting for the heavy rain to stop. Game wardens enter the parking area and check some guy who just dragged out a doe.

They approach my car and ask for my hunting license. I tell the guy that its hanging on the back of my backpack and that I'll have to get it. When I hand him the license, he initially tells me that he's never seen one like it and asks where i got it. I explained that it was mailed to me in NY. Upon further inspection he says that it appears to be last year's license. I look and he was correct, so I reached into the car where the new rule book was and produced the current license which was still in it. I had forgot to swap it out with last years. The guy tells me that he has to "write me up". I remind him that not only do I possess the current license but that I am merely sitting in my car and not doing anything that requires a license of any type. The guy says that I have an "improperly displayed license", even though it was laying on the floor attached to my pack and I wasn't hunting. He tells me, quite candidly. that he has to justify his job.

I guess I was guilty off intending to hunt with an improperly displayed license. I wonder if I said I was there just bird watching???
You didn't fight it? I sure would have.

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 2,401
B
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 2,401
Originally Posted by MAC
Some game wardens can be real jerks. Had a run in with one of those in CO when I was about 23 years old and on active duty. It resulted in the only ticket I have ever received from a warden. Happened this way:

I was duck hunting with my father and another guy on a public reservoir in CO about 100 yards from a refuge that didn't allow hunting. We got the decoys out before first light and ducks were literally pouring into out set. About an hr after daylight we watched a CO DOW truck set up about 500 yards away and he guessed he was probably watching us. CO used a point system back then where different species of ducks had a point value and when you reached 100 points you were limited out. I has shooting good that day and limited early and decided to go stomp around in some fields for pheasants and quail so I left the other 2 in the blind.

While looking for pheasants I heard a few shots from the blind. Didn't get any pheasants and returned to the blind about 2 hrs later. Game warden truck was still there. My father told me he had hit a duck that made it to the refuge but he couldn't find it. Since I was limited I told him I'd go look for the bird. This was totally legal since the refuge is public land and I did not take a gun with me. I found a dead goldeneye drake in a small pond and picked it up thinking it was the bird Dad had hit. But when I got to the blind he told me he had hit a widgeon and not a goldeneye. I didn't know how long the bird had been dead and dropped it beside the blind. And then here came the warden!

He pulled up and made us safe the weapons and then walked over to the goldeneye and picked it up and told me I was over limit. I explained how I came to have the bird (and remember the other guys could cover it with their points if need be) and the warden said he didn't care. He knew I had already limited out and said when I went to the refuge I had rendered the bird under my possession and was therefore over the daily limit. The fact I was trying to recover a wounded bird (which is required by law) was irrelevant to him and he wrote me a ticket. I was active duty at the time and the ship was leaving on deployment so I couldn't go to court. Ended up pleading no contest and paid $168 fine (this was many years ago). Since then I have never gone to look for any animal someone else has wounded.

Found out later that the game warden in question was new from college and was so overhanded in how he handled things that they had to move him to another office in the state because he was notorious for writing BS tickets and the locals complained. Never had problems with any other game warden in the 13 states I have hunted. Just that one guy.

I got mad just reading that. Must have got a lot of ass beatings in high school or something.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 11/26/22.
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 169
S
Campfire Member
Offline
Campfire Member
S
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 169
A week and a half ago a big buck was hit by a vehicle and died 35yrds into a crp field 10 miles from my place. They bow hunter that was hunting the property found him. He's got multiple year's worth of pictures of this deer and has been hunting him hard for multiple seasons. So him and the landowner did the right thing and called it in. Our local warden couldn't come so a desk jockey from Sioux Falls came out. An autopsy was performed and deemed the buck wasn't poached but he said it was too big for them to keep (rough scored at 198 with a broken brow). He then drove around for many days with the buck in the back of his truck showing all his buddies saying that it was confiscated because something nefarious happened. It's blown up on our local social media. The landowner and bow hunter are pursuing legal methods of getting it back now because the gfp are refusing to give the buck up. Really puts them in a bad light. Stories like this will keep people from doing the right thing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
CTV-TRX
Who's Online Now
714 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 76 invisible), 2,013 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3-22



 







Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5
(Release build 20201027)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.067s Queries: 15 (0.004s) Memory: 0.9506 MB (Peak: 1.1235 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2023-02-08 14:24:42 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS