Home
Posted By: blanket Your first beer - 12/03/22
Mine was a malt liquor +70 years about
Posted By: Raferman Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Fourteen,a few OEs and a blunt.
Posted By: MAC Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
I shot my first deer at the age of 9 and my father poured me a glass of beer to celebrate. It was most likely a Bud since that is what Dad drank but I'm not sure. Don't remember if I liked it or not. I have never really been a drinker and can take or leave it.
Posted By: Cretch Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Pabst Blue Ribbon, Senior year high school.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
4 point. 3 in mag 12 GA 4s hauling ass by me at 15 yards. 13 yrs old hunting alone in Piney Creek bottom. I didn't move as it came barreling to me with hounds a half mile behind.

I waited until it jumped to clear the white sand branch whose bank my butt rested on. After it jumped I swung my Monkey Ward grass mowing earned $87 pump Mossberg shotgun and fired hitting it in the left chest and feet pulled up to its body and pumped the forearm and fired again with the buck still in the air hitting it in the loins.

It fell to the forest duff with its left foot caught between the huge 9 inch long 2x2 rack.

GOD was still alive then and I was in Heaven.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
I found an unopened 16 oz can of Schlitz Bull malt liquor in the bushes walking home from school in 6th grade. I chugged that warm mofo in the woods and got pretty buzzed/sick!
Posted By: Cretch Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Originally Posted by jaguartx
4 point. 3 in mag 12 GA 4s hauling ass by me at 15 yards. 13 yrs old hunting alone in Piney Creek bottom. I didn't move as it came barreling to me with hounds a half mile behind.

I waited until it jumped to clear the white sand branch whose bank my butt rested on. After it jumped I swung my Monkey Ward grass mowing earned $87 pump Mossberg shotgun and fired hitting it in the left chest and feet pulled up to its body and pumped the forearm and fired again with the buck still in the air hitting it in the loins.

It fell to the forest duff with its left foot caught between the huge 9 inch long 2x2 rack.

Terrible waste of a beer!
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Probably about 10. My younger brother found an unopened Bud in the gutter as we were walking home from the store with our grandad. Brother said he wanted to drink it. When we got to grandad’s house he opened it and let us both have some; I think he thought we would think it was nasty but I liked it. Couple of sips is all.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Miller High Life.
eer?4 point. 3 in mag 12 GA 4s hauling ass by me at 15 yards. 13 yrs old hunting alone in Piney Creek bottom. I didn't move as it came barreling to me with hounds a half mile behind.

LOL, too much beer for reading comprehension?
Posted By: LBP Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
5 years old Schlitz malt liquor mini bull, my 17 year old brother and 15 year old cousin put me up to it.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Originally Posted by NVhntr
eer?4 point. 3 in mag 12 GA 4s hauling ass by me at 15 yards. 13 yrs old hunting alone in Piney Creek bottom. I didn't move as it came barreling to me with hounds a half mile behind.

LOL, too much beer?
He was heavily invested in the 12 point IPA beer from Devils Backbone.
Darn. Spellin warn t never my Thang. wink
Originally Posted by MarkWV
Miller High Life.

Hey, Miller Lite in glass is pretty dang fine!
Posted By: Mossy Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Would have been a Rainier in the late ‘80s. Probably 15-16 at the time. Back before metrosexual man-bun types drank it because it was cool
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
I found an unopened 16 oz can of Schlitz Bull malt liquor in the bushes walking home from school in 6th grade. I chugged that warm mofo in the woods and got pretty buzzed/sick!

Lucky badstid.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Way too young.
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Bush beer. I was 13.

I never liked weed but my first joint was when I was 15. A bunch of us were playing football and someone dropped a baggy of pot with enough for a couple of joints. My buddy found it and took it to his brother to roll a couple of joints and smoke with us.
Posted By: tzone Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22

Looks like you’re well on your way through tonight’s case.

Ha. Tff. Only a dumbass like you would think I didn't know he said beer instead of deer. Sheesh. Fughking retard.

Dumbasses like you are why comedians like Seinfeld are no longer on TV.
Posted By: tdbob Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
I don't remember. It could've been a Falstaff or a Black Label. I was pretty young at the time.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Burger. A Cincinnati brand.

Age, me, about 12. The beer? who knows. But found it along side the road. It did not taste good, might not now if they still made it.
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
My buddy and I were 12 when we found a few bottles Miller Genuine Draft in a plastic bag at the lake. They were really warm from sitting in the sun. After that, I didn’t have another one til I was 18.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
As I recall, Ballantine most likely. About 5 years old.
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
My German Grandpa used to watch me when I was an infant. He put beer in the baby bottle. Had some good naps, so I'm told.
Posted By: kappa8 Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
12yo. Mowing lawn with mom in 90+ heat. She popped inside and came out with a Stroh's and glass of lemonade. She took first sip of Stroh's and asked if I'd like to try it. Before she knew it, bottle was inverted and dry. Fell in love with beer that moment. And loved my mom all the more for sharing my first beer.
[quote=jaguartx]eer?4 point. 3 in mag 12 GA 4s hauling ass by me at 15 yards. 13 yrs old hunting alone in Piney Creek bottom. I didn't move as it came barreling to me with hounds a half mile behind.

Tff. Only a dumbass like you would think I didn't know he said beer instead of deer. Sheesh. Fughking retard.

LOL, nice try Jag. I’m not buying it.

P.S. Your ignore broken?

P.P.S. You still keeping in touch with your buddy Happy Camper?
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Hams beer I took out my bosses fridge at 11 years old
Posted By: hanco Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Budweiser
Posted By: Firecontrolman Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
11 or 12 I think it was Strohs. From one beer lover to another Strohs….. Never really grew to enjoy beer for some unknown reason.
Posted By: pullit Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Originally Posted by hanco
Budweiser

mine as well
Posted By: Hunterapp Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Was simply wrong & little over 50 years ago. I would have been about 6 years ago at a neighborhood keger at our home. Problem was I was 6 years old or so at the time. Their was generally no control over how much I was able to have exercised. Seems I really liked the beer at the start of the day. Don't remember the rest. I was told I spent a good share of the night on the big phone with God. Ralph was the subject.

Rather seldom have I cared for a beer since. My initial reaction to being offered a beer a few days later is I wanted it till having a tasted it. Yuk, did not care for the taste for a long time afterwards decades.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
When I was a kid in Colorado the only beer we could get was 3.2 Coors, never liked the taste of beer, couldn't see the point in piss'in my money away never been a drinker. Rio7
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
“Beer face” was a thing among young teenagers.

Discipline l was lax at my cousin’s house so me and my brother spent much time there. My cousin’s older brother was 18 and could buy alcohol.

Boone’s Farm Strawberry Hill was the “gateway alcohol”, I was prob’ly 14.

Everybody knew real men drank beer so shortly thereafter I/we transitioned to Schaefer, the mildest flavor and least likely to cause “beer face”.

Budweiser was indeed the “King of Beers” but it was also more expensive, IIRC Carling Black Label was cheaper and more usual (the scale of our economy back then cracks me up today grin ).

My brother and cousin are both a year or two older so I was introduced to hard liquor quite early, Wild Turkey and Jim Beam were the usual. It fascinated me that you could pour a little of either on the street and put a cigarette lighter to it and it would burn.

Drinking until we passed out was usual, prob’ly about every other weekend. Senior year of high school, New Years at my brother’s apartment, grain alcohol I was passed out by 8pm grin

Watch “Dazed and Confused” to see how much high school kids ordinarily drank back then.

My brother and cousin became full blown alcoholics, I never even started to have that craving, which leads me to believe there’s a big genetic component involved with respect to alcoholism.

Both ended up in AA, nowadays both my brother (rehab counselor) and cousin (Teamster) make more retired than I do working.

I shoulda drank harder when I was a kid 🙂
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Pabst Blue Ribbon that my Dad left in the garage. Tasted like Shat to a 11 or 12 year old kid. I’ve since learned to like the taste of beer.

Ron
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Family reunion in Tabor, SD. Czech family and beer is usually the main course at our gatherings. I was about 5 or 6 and my cousins were 8 or 9. They were serving beer to all from the keg and I was a member of the "all". The brand was probably Old Milwaukee or some other cheap swill. No idea how many I had, but my parents to this day can recount the exact locations and number of times I puked that night.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
First I recall was at about age 15. There were several of us and we only had about 3 cans of beer so we passed them around. But according to my dad I got drunk at a picnic when I was 3 or 4. There were glasses of draft beer with an inch or so in the bottom of them sitting on the picnic tables unattended while the adults were off playing & watching a softball game. I was going around draining what was left in each one. Dad came back to the tables and caught me in the act and said by that time I was staggering.
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Tivoli,Bock, I was keeping Grampa up.
The brewery and the Grampa both long gone.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Originally Posted by gunzo
Burger. A Cincinnati brand.
Age, me, about 12. The beer? who knows. But found it along side the road. It did not taste good, might not now if they still made it.

Same. Burger about 14 or 15. Buddy was old enough to walk into "Margie's" (local dive) and at least LOOK like he was old enough to buy an 8 pack of the short brown bottles of Burger. He bought a 1968 Olds Delmont convertible. 455 V8 with a two barrel carb. We would put a case of beer under the convertible top, and drive around all night in December, January and February with the top down to keep the beer cold.

A group of 15, 16, 17 year old boys driving around in the middle of winter, in a land yacht, with the convertible top down. Nothing suspicious there. Still, we survived...
Posted By: Hastings Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Probably 4 or 5 years old at the neighborhood barbeques. There were always grownups willing to share their PBR, so I would go around bumming from my father and uncles. It was cold and tasted good. After I got grown one of the relatives reminisced about the time I picked up someone's full can and drank it and had to be taken home because I was staggering around. We were Methodists and some of the neighbors were Catholic so drinking was tolerated.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
A sip of Hulls, a local New Haven brewery. Sixty years ago I would bring out a couple pony bottles to my grand father in his garden. My reward was a sip.
Posted By: 7887mm08 Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Black Label, stole it from neighbors fridge he had in his garage. Circa 1973ish
Posted By: rem shooter Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
jr high school .Strohs beer , one of the guys had his older brother buy it for us ,as we ent fishing down at the creek 1970's
Posted By: shaman Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
I remember my first beer. I was 4. I didn't like it. It turned into a pi$$ing match between Dad's mom and my mom. Grandma thought all good little German boys should learn to drink beer. Mom thought it was an atrocity.

Growing up, there was plenty of beer around. Grandpa Whitey liked Wideman. Dad liked Hudepohl. It was always around the house, but I never tried any.

The thought of a beer allergy never entered into it until College. I went to a few frat parties and kept leaving early with a case of the sniffles and a bit of a headache. Gradually, I learned that I was allergic to beer and that enough of it was in the air, it'd set off a reaction. I learned to shy away from bars and beer parties. When I finally did drink alcohol, it was scotch.

Since then, I've found several other people who have a similar problem. One fellow drank beer for 20 years before he realized he was getting ridiculously sick with flu-like symptoms. He switched to the hard stuff and the problem went away. We'd known each other since high school, and he was happy to know there was at least one other guy out there that was that way.

It's funny, but other yeasty things don't bother me. I can eat sourdough bread without a problem. Wine gives me a bit of a problem, but not nearly as much as beer.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
My dad and some family members were laying blocks for the basement of the house I grew up in. I kept sneaking sips of their short neck PBR's. I was 4-ish.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
it's been a long time ago. laugh
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
My parents didn't drink very much at all, but some summer evenings, they'd send me - age probably five - to the local tavern with a nickel-plated beer bucket. The 'tender would fill it with draft and I'd carry it home. That's how well everybody knew everybody in neighborhoods back then. I never took a sip.

About that same time, Dad visited somebody down the road on the tractor, with me riding along by standing on the spreader bar at the back. The neighbor gave him a bottle of beer as we left, and Dad ave me a big swallow. I vividly recall having something of a hard time staying on the spreader bar on the bouncy ride home!
Posted By: Ridgewalker Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Guessing 11 or 12 and it was Olympia for the win.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Probably a Black Label or a High Life.

Don't remember how old but pretty young, Pops would let me sip whatever he was having.

Drinking won't a taboo or something to hide in my family but sloppy drunk was frowned on.

Pops told me early on alcohol would let out the stupid most of us hold back sober....
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
When I was a wee lad, of about five, Mom gave me a small juice glass and she would pour a few oz. of her beer in it for me.

She must have not liked me "backwashing" in her beer.

She converted to Mormonism when I was about eight, and that all went away.

Virgil B.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Hamm's.. smile
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Probably when I was 5 or 6. My mother used to give us half a glass when we ate crabs.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Mine was reportedly an Oly at age 3, which can had been opened to make beer batter for walleye my dad and I had caught that day. As the legend goes, I was told to put the can down until after I'd recited the table prayer which I followed up with "Now can I have some beer?"
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Found an unopened can in a ditch on a Boy Scout clean up drive. Don't remember the brand, but it was winter and the beer was kind of cold so a couple of us drank it. was probably 11 or 12.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Falstaff
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Stolen.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Ain’t no way I remember that, too many brain cells burned off
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Heidelberg circa 1969. Tasted like shiit.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Olympia.

Grade school friends, parents always had a fridge full and we'd occasionally sneak a can and run down to the old, run down train depot, down the tracks and share it.

They moved away when I was in 3rd grade.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
8th grade. Spent the night at my buddies house. One of his dairy workers bought us a 12 pack. Coors original.
The next morning, my buddy puked so hard that it gave him two black eyes. Lol
Posted By: Dre Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Had my first sip with my dad when I was 6. Czech Pilsner.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Originally Posted by Dre
Had my first sip with my dad when I was 6. Czech Pilsner.

Started you off right!
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Sips from my Dads Coors when I would bring him one as a kid. Still drink Coors. When I was 15, my older sister and some friends went on a camping trip and somehow I weaseled myself into it so got to go. Guys and Gals, all 17-18. Partied with them, next morning I woke up and cracked a beer for breakfast and they all thought I was nuts. That's the day I realized beer and I have a special relationship. wink
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
These are great stories one of the best threads ever.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
I honestly don’t remembered my first beer lol. First time I was inebriated was on moonshine at a hunting camp in Adam’s County OH, 14yo maybe?
Posted By: Torqued Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
My first beer was a Coors when I was 12. Stole 2 of them from my dad.
Didn't take him long to figure out that I was stealing his beer. He switched to Hamm's at that point. Guess what, I still took his beer. Then he switched again to Coors Light, that ended me taking his beer.
Found a local old timer that would buy us beer if we have him 2 beers.
Started drinking Busch at that point. Stuck with Busch from age 13 to about age 35ish. I have been drinking Miller Lite since then.

At the least I will have 2 shower beers every night
Posted By: memtb Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Originally Posted by blanket
Mine was a malt liquor +70 years about

Mine was malt liquor also, about 65 years ago….Gobels, I think! My Dad would buy a couple a few miles from my grandparents house every time we went over! memtb
Posted By: HoosierHawk Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Four years old. At the lake with my dad, mom, and brother.

We hadn't caught much all day, a few perch, maybe a couple small largemouth bass. I had a rubber worm on my line, and hooked and landed a 5 lb. walleye. Catch of the day.

As we were loading up to leave, I was sitting in the car, and my dad jokingly said I had "Earned myself a beer", cracked a Pabst and handed it to me. I was quietly sipping it in the dark. A few minutes later, as he got into the car with my mom, he said, "Maybe you need some help with that" and picked it up.

His next words were, "Geezus, this things almost empty!"

Mom was pissed. I slept through the entire car ride home.
Posted By: SDLEFTY Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Very young I had a few sips here and there and thought it was horrible. At 15 I had 5 or 6 at farm party and thought I was a god. The next night I decided to shotgun the beers instead of enjoying the night. Big mistake. I don't think I had another beer that summer, well at least for a few weeks.
Posted By: AussieGunWriter Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Whenever Americans visited Australia, it never took more than a couple of different beers to hear the words, "Oh, that's a good beer".

When Aussies visited the US, it never happened. I love beer but I still never have anything American in my fridge. God awful fly spray.

Thank God for Bourbon, whiskey and Red wine.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
I was drinking every day when I got home from work [where I designed tests for Boeing].
At age 30 I did a test where I drank 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 drinks a day for a week.
I wrote down how I felt every 1/2 hour.

Because people who have one drink a day have the longest life expectancy, I expected I would feel best with one drink per day.

I was wrong.

I felt best with 0 drinks.

A couple of drinks a day ... confounded by many, many other factors in an individual's life.
Posted By: sparkman10mm Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
I believe a huge mug of Molsun..served in Montreal.
..when I was 12.....with my Dad & fellow Kiwanians @ old Expo site. INTERNATIONAL convention.. Dad was Michigan Lt Gov.
I had 2 ....My Dad's quote "Don't tell your Mom"...

That was beer...had small snorts of Wild Cherry vodka snowmobiling with Dad & his buddy (Kiwanian & our family Dentist & his son) @ probably 10..lol
Posted By: SMalloy805 Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Pre teen, probably Olympia or Hams....
Posted By: Rodinaz Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Our alley neighbors loved NASCAR and would have a garage full on race days, that when I sniped my first drink of either Hamms, Schlitz or Old Milwaukee. My dad seemed to osilate between those three, whichever was cheaper.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
At age 19 in College. A pitcher of something yellow and bitter and nasty at the local C/W bar and pool hall.

I have never found a beer I can actually enjoy, except once. A Pizza place in Boise had Lowenbrau Dark on tap. My buddy and I killed a pitcher with a pizza that night after bucking hay bales all day.

That was good beer, but soon became unobtainium in USA.

I can almost swallow Amber Boch, but it is still a bit bitter.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Can't remember how old I was, but it would have been a Rolling Rock in the little pony bottle. Dad had an old fridge in the basement always well stocked with them.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
I was a sophomore in college! ( drank whiskey drinks prior to this...) The Rifle Team at N.C. State was courting me and took me out for beers. Bud in a long neck bottle. I thought not was horrible...my opinion changed shortly thereafter!
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
11 yrs old wifey grandad had a few acres of burley tobacco needed suckering.Hot day he didn’t believe in coolers and ice boiling hot 24 pack of buds behind the truck seat.Tobacco field next to a creek down hill from questionable “direct pipe” drain fields I chose the first option.Shared a bunch more with that man similar circumstances thru the years.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Your first beer - 12/03/22
Mine was when i was 7. I accidentally drank dads god awful genese or however its spelled lol. Almost ruined my love for beer haha
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Your first beer - 12/04/22
I well recall a capful of Four Roses! It burned!!! laugh
Posted By: jdunham Re: Your first beer - 12/04/22
PBR at my buddy Donnie’s house when we were about 12. His dad let us split a can while we were supervising one of his welding projects.
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: Your first beer - 12/04/22
Can’t remember first beer
But remember first cigarette and drink of liquor
Me and the ole man was setting on a creek bank watching the red water roll by
I was 9
He was half crocked and I thought it was a good time to ask
He gave me a hard time about not being man enough to smoke
Finally after some bantering back and forth I asked for a drink
He laughed and said here
Old Crow
Turned it up and took a drink like a hot shot
LMAO
What a dumbass
Shiet shot out my nose , some went into wrong pipe
Coughed , choked , thought I was gonna die
Ole man busted a gut laughing at me
Took a few to regroup
A little later started about the cigarette again
Finally gave me one , a pall mall I think it was
After the liquor I took it easy
After a couple puffs , Shiet I got this
He started saying inhale
Arguing I was , he kept telling me I wasn’t
Couldn’t understand about inhaling in mouth and lungs being two different things
He finally ribbed me enough I took a big draw and got the lunger
Again , snot flying , coughing , and choking
He had some hearty laughs at a dumbass kids expenses
But I insisted
Didn’t bother him about it no more for a long time
Kenneth
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: Your first beer - 12/04/22
Guess no one here raised in the St Louis area as they have not admitted to their first Griesedieck beer. Best I recall I recognized the Falstaff emblem as I didn't learn to read until I was six years old. GW
Posted By: thirtyotsix Re: Your first beer - 12/04/22
The champagne of beers, it was the most delicious concocksion I had ever consumed at the age of five. Dad said hold my beer and he forgot I held onto it.
Posted By: mathman Re: Your first beer - 12/04/22
I remember splitting a tall boy with Grandma when my parents were out for the evening.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Your first beer - 12/04/22
I was pretty young, perhaps 5 or a little younger. It could have either been one of these [Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com] or a PBR (WV thing). My dad kind of did a beer rotation in our weekly grocery shopping. I don't remember too many specific brands because my share was never more than 3 fingers in the bottom of a glass or cup until I was big enough to sneak some out of the fridge on my own.

I do remember Iron City, maybe Stroh's once and some schitt in a mostly red & white can with 'DRAFT' conspicuously etched into it that we would get from Kroger's. Of course it really didn't matter as I got older and exposed to the finer things of the world I came to realize it was all 3.2% crap. Most of what I drink these days are local micro-brews and I have about five growlers at my up north house that make the trip into Fairbanks or Healy with me when they're empty.
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Your first beer - 12/04/22
My dad made home brew. He would give my brother & I a swig at bedtime, probably to make us go to sleep faster.
Later in life I realized the beer he made was pretty good.
First time I got buzzed/drunk I was 14. Schlitz beer at a house party around the corner from our house.
Posted By: blanket Re: Your first beer - 12/04/22
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
My parents didn't drink very much at all, but some summer evenings, they'd send me - age probably five - to the local tavern with a nickel-plated beer bucket. The 'tender would fill it with draft and I'd carry it home. That's how well everybody knew everybody in neighborhoods back then. I never took a sip.

About that same time, Dad visited somebody down the road on the tractor, with me riding along by standing on the spreader bar at the back. The neighbor gave him a bottle of beer as we left, and Dad ave me a big swallow. I vividly recall having something of a hard time staying on the spreader bar on the bouncy ride home!
And early girl friend who dad! Was a distributor provided the beer
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Your first beer - 12/04/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Way too young.

Yeah.
Was sharing Old German or Genesee with Pap before I started school.
Drinking beer has never been a big thing.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Your first beer - 12/04/22
No idea when it was, young. 95% probability it was liberated from dads beer fridge in the garage so it would have been a High Life.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Your first beer - 04/16/23
PBR
Posted By: buddy Re: Your first beer - 04/16/23
Lucky Lager , a Ca. beer about 1956 15 yrs.
Posted By: longarm Re: Your first beer - 04/16/23
Guinness. My Irish Grandmother poured me a very small glass of it when I was a kid with a cold.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Your first beer - 04/16/23
Boiling hot Budweiser from behind a truck seat in a tobacco field fella I was working for wasted one in 2 gulps
Posted By: funshooter Re: Your first beer - 04/16/23
First time drunk was my moms home made Rootbeer that turned and all of us kids were lining up to drink the stuff.
I was maybe 8 or 9
next time Drunk was New Years Eve. when I was 12 Vodka

My First Beer was at the Drag Races i was Probably 19 and it was a Bud.
I had 2 more at latter Drags and then got a piss warm one and I have never had another beer in my life after that.

The Hard stuff ya but after High School I limited my self to just sippin and enjoying instead of getting all polluted
Posted By: Hunterapp Re: Your first beer - 04/16/23
It was a neighborhood Keg held in our yard. I was 6 years old. No idea what brand or flavor. Neighbors & an aunt was trying to stop me as I was a little over 6 years old. Dad continued to say it was OK 6 cups in. I was told my mother was up with me all night on the big phone. Never had much use for the stuff since.
Posted By: Dumdum Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Born and raised in Colorado. Had many (hundred, two hundred?) relatives in north eastern Colorado, south eastern Wyoming, German background.

Lots of opportunities to sneak a sip of beer at their homes and huge reunions, even when a toddler.

My parents let us kids have a sip of occasional beer and wine, their philosophy was to let us know it wasn’t a forbidden fruit and we we less likely to abuse it later on. We didn’t.

I remember we took the tour at the Coors brewery in Golden, and at the end they had tables to sit down and get small paper cup samples of fresh brewed Coors. I went up twice to get a cup ... I was prolly 8 years old.
Posted By: mathman Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Michelob. My uncle was an Anheuser Busch distributor when it was still a good company.
Posted By: 700LTR Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Schliz
Posted By: Morewood Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Dad was an Olympia man. There are pictures of me at 5 years old sucking down Dad's Oly.

Been a beer lover ever since.
Posted By: efw Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Mine was a Miller High Life from a soda machine my uncle kept in his garage where he built pretty bad ass street rods

I was maybe 10 yo
Posted By: jnyork Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Little glass of Coors when I was about 11 or so. Some 4th of July picnic. Fell in love with the stuff to my later sorrow.
Posted By: Oakster Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
mine was a PBR, I was 8. My dad bought a truck at an auction for his construction company. It was August. The beer has been rolling round under the seat for so long, almost all of the pain was worn off the can. It had been shaken up for its entire life and under the seat all summer. It was not good, and I do not like beer today. I like the hard stuff.
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Bush Light found in a ditch/creek, probably left there by some teenagers.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Haven't had mine yet, and probably never will.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Originally Posted by hillestadj
No idea when it was, young. 95% probability it was liberated from dads beer fridge in the garage so it would have been a High Life.

I dont remember neither. I do remember when I was 9 , my cousin got married and I jumped on the bar stool and asked my other cousin for a beer. He gave me half of one. I remember on a Saturday evening when dad and his crew ,, all Germans got out the cooler of beer after finishing a house. I just took a beer and drank with them.. In Wisconsin, that is the way it was , especially in the German community. I never thought anything of it. I also used to find beer on Sunday mornings doing my paper route. I'd come home all proud and tell dad I found some more beer. Kids would toss it at night to ditch trouble if they thought a cop was going to pull them over. I was likely 5 yrs old when I had my 1st beer. Dont even remember , never thought anything of it and have not had 10 beers in 35 yrs. I dont drink.
Posted By: dakotakidd Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Miller light, snuck out in the boot of my waders. Not sure how old, I think we could drive so probably 14.
Posted By: roverboy Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Probably a Miller High Life. That's what my older brothers drank when I was a kid.
Posted By: jackpinesav Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Old Milwaukee. It was luke warm but we were thirsty after a grouse hunt. My dad had one and gave me and my 2 brothers one to share. Talk about a fight! I was probably 6 or 7 years old.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
I was probably 10 when i stole a High Life from the fridge to drink with a ham sandwich... i was shocked to find out it tasted like Skunk Piss, i shook like a wet dog when i swallowed it... i drank plenty of it at keg parties and night clubs back in the 70's- 80's but i never really liked the schit... i made bratwurst tonight and presoaked them in PBR, i saved a swallow, Yep, Still tastes like Skunk Piss... makes a pretty good brat though...
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Lone Star sips from Granpa age about 4-5
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Behind the chutes at a local High school rodeo. Must have been around 16yo or so.

And it was a long neck Bud
Posted By: poboy Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Schlitz was the most popular beer in the world.
I drank it for years.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
I was 18, 1974, totally legal.....2 budweisers on the way to an all-conference athletic banquet......lou Holtz was the guest speaker.
Posted By: Riverhawk Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Rolling Rock - didn't like it much - still don't like any beer too much
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Utica Club, Brewed in Utica NY
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Olympia.

3rd grade.

Buddies stole some from their parents fridge and we drank it in the old train depot that we converted into a fort.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Age 4 or 5, Pabst Blue Ribbon at family barbecues. Adults would set their can down and not keep an eye on it. Would sneak up and down it. Had to be taken home woozy once is the story.
Posted By: Santiam Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Oly
Posted By: roverboy Re: Your first beer - 04/17/23
Originally Posted by poboy
Schlitz was the most popular beer in the world.
I drank it for years.

Schlitz wasn't half bad. A friend said he grew up close to a little package store, and there was a girl there, that had a lisp.
She pronounced it [bleep].
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
Damned if I can remember my first beer. It musta been a 12-pack.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
PBR
Posted By: mbhunt Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
Coors
Ain't no downstream beer
Posted By: VaHunter Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
I was in high school in the late 1960's and my first beer would have either been a PBR or a Rolling Rock, I cannot remember exactly.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
Bud.
My father used to pour himself a Bud before the baseball game with Pee Wee and Diz came on. After he filled his glass there would be about 1/2 ounce left in the can and when were 10 or 12 my brothers and I would see who could ask for “the sip” first.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
Schlitz at 17.

kwg
Posted By: memtb Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
Mine was about 63 to 65 (I was around 5 to 8 yo) years ago, a malt liquor also…..Gobels! My Dad would give my brother and myself a sip! memtb
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
I think it was a Budweiser when I was allowed to drink one beer on family day in Army BCT. That was 46 years ago.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
Schlitz
Posted By: mrchongo Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
My first was a jelly-jar glass of my grandfather's home brew...a beautiful, pilsener-style brew. I would sit at his kitchen table in the afternoon with him and his cronies while they played cribbage or King Pied and opened a few quarts of it. This was about '55 or '56. I wasn't old enough to go to school yet. They didn't seem to mind. My mother sure as hell did!
Posted By: BwanaCat Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
My first was an Oly and the second was an Old Style.

Me and a good buddy were in eighth grade and decided we better steal some beer from our Dads for our upcoming bird hunting/camping trip. I helped myself to two Olys and he nabbed two Old Styles. We rode our motorbikes about 10 miles from town loaded each with a cooler of frozen water jugs, "our" beers, some lunch, our Boy Scout packs and our old beat-up Winchester Model 12 12-gauge shotguns with a box of shells each (shotguns were earned from bucking bales, picking rock and doing other farm/ranch work). We shot several Huns and a Sagehen the first day then grilled them over an open fire of cottonwood. Of course, we both had to be "men" by drinking those beers with our feast. We were giddy to say the least and later had to pee several times that night. We had a grand time. I will never forget those three days of hunting upland birds and ducks. The nighttime sky was filled with stars and the milky way. Coyotes were yipping and yapping. We saw the northern lights too.

Btw, my Grandpa and my buddy's Grandpa were good friends as young guys. They went off together to World War I and made it back home together too. My buddy's Grandpa got gassed somewhere in France and had a permanent red rash on his face, neck and hands. Our Grandpas always hunted upland birds and waterfowl together through the years. I hope they are in heaven having a beer together tonight after a fun day in the field.
Posted By: readonly Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
I drank a lot of miller lite and budweiser the summer after 8th grade...not sure which came first.
Posted By: BigDutch Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
I was about 10, cutting my German Great Grandma's grass. Stifling hot day, she called me in to cool off, and poured me an ice cold Schmidt's beer. And so it began...
Posted By: blanket Re: Your first beer - 04/18/23
Shifts malt ligour being out any memory
© 24hourcampfire