Home
Posted By: steveredd1 Midway sucks - 01/25/23
have a order I was going to place with them. shipping would be $1.20 as some stuff are free shipping. they now have $10 off for a purchase of $100 or more. went to check out and the instant $10 off took my shipping to $15.87, WTF you kidding me
Posted By: smokepole Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Just don't forget to round up, Wayne needs some new Gucci loafers.
Posted By: Nessmuk Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
No veteran discount.
No FFL gunsmith discount.
No thanks.
Brownells for me.
They seem somehow less of late as well, but still a go to.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
So then ya got to buy some more stuff to get above the free shipping threshold and overcome the auto-discount.

Tell em toss in a 40 lb bag of those orange circus peanuts.
Posted By: steveredd1 Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Originally Posted by slumlord
So them ya got to buy some more stuff to get above the free shipping threshold and overcome the auto-discount.

how much is that I'm at $170.00
Posted By: slumlord Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Tell them youre one of The Good Guys. šŸ¤™
Posted By: Teal Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Originally Posted by slumlord
So them ya got to buy some more stuff to get above the free shipping threshold and overcome the auto-discount.

how much is that I'm at $170.00

Anytime someone orders from Midway/Brownell's etc - 170 should be your tax, not complete order. Step up man. People need to go on safari at those companies.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Use the coupon code from the 24hourcampfire Facebook pageā€¦

ā€œBoomer15ā€
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
they have what I need/want more often than most vendors. I have not had a bad experience with them
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

ā€œBoomer15ā€
Thanks for the solid on that code.

I love smiling Larry..
He just looks and sounds so genuine in his vids.
I love midway,s sales too!!!
You all know..
The sales they have off their 10 to 20% markup they have that match others everyday price.

šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ„“šŸ„“šŸ„“
Originally Posted by renegade50

ā€œBoomer15ā€

I love smiling Larry..
You all know..
The sales they have off their 10 to 20% markup they have that match others everyday price.

šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ„“šŸ„“šŸ„“

Erā€™ybody ainā€™t got Midwest Shooters right up the road.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Posted By: Seafire Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Larry's in an Assisted Living facility these days... Midway has a new President or CEO... Larry is still the head guy, I'm sure just to maintain control with veto rights on business decisions...His time alive is limited....

Recent irritation with them... Ordered $300 worth of stuff, with their birthday discount...Speer bullets.
two boxes of 1000 round packs... one was all boxed up, and the other just thrown in the box...

they threw it in the main box, with the factory container all smashed up. bullets rolling all over the place when I received it.
No holes in the outer container, Missing 160 bullets out of the broke open 1000 round container....

so evidently it was thrown in the main box, broken open and missing product...

They tell me they can't do anything about it, have nothing to replace it with, so they will just give me a store credit of 160 bullets at 15 cents each... so like $20 or so...ain't worth the friggin time...Customer service policy is "customers are just stupid..."

I'll order elsewhere next time I need something... either Mid South or Natchez
Posted By: iShoot17 Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Originally Posted by Seafire
Larry's in an Assisted Living facility these days... Midway has a new President or CEO... Larry is still the head guy, I'm sure just to maintain control with veto rights on business decisions...His time alive is limited....

Recent irritation with them... Ordered $300 worth of stuff, with their birthday discount...Speer bullets.
two boxes of 1000 round packs... one was all boxed up, and the other just thrown in the box...

they threw it in the main box, with the factory container all smashed up. bullets rolling all over the place when I received it.
No holes in the outer container, Missing 160 bullets out of the broke open 1000 round container....

They tell me they can't do anything about it, have nothing to replace it with, so they will just give me a store credit of 160 bullets at 15 cents each... so like $20 or so...ain't worth the friggin time...Customer service policy is "customers are just stupid..."

I used to really like using Midway, but had a similar experience that now has me hesitate anytime I start adding things to my cart there.

I order nine boxes of 22LR (50ct boxes) that were on sale for some reason. All boxes were simply tossed in an overly large shipping box. When they arrived, there were 22LR rounds stuck to the packing tape. I recorded the box before opening and during opening.

The majority of the boxes had opened and were all mixed. When I called Midway, they told me to try and separate all the mixed boxes to see if I could get everything back to the original boxes. I told them I had separated the Tac-22 out, but the other six boxes were all SK and no way to tell them apart. I was then told I had to call Berger to confirm there was no way to tell them apart. (Berger confirmed that the headstamps were all the same and there would be no easy way to tell a difference.). I called Midway back and they asked if ā€œall of the ammo was there?ā€ Which I confirmed I had received all 300 rounds. They responded with ā€œYou ordered 300 rounds and received them, we donā€™t understand the problem.ā€ I unfortunately then had to explain it was different ammo, bought for accuracy purposes and having mixed ammo was useless outside of plinking.

It ended up being a few day affair to eventually have them ship six new boxes of ammo to me (which showed up packaged so tight I laughed trying to open). They were upset that I also got to ā€œkeepā€ the other boxes because they canā€™t accept ammunition back.

I still use Midway on occasion, but dang. That was painful. Midsouth, Grafs, and PV receive most of my attention now.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Yeah, Larry Potterfield and Midway suck. He is a loser and hasnā€™t done anything but screw people and bank the profitā€¦

The list is long and his involvement in the shooting industry is nothing short of magnificent. Just a couple examples;

The Potterfields are reported to have donated several million dollars to help provide YWCE programs to organizations such as Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Wild Turkey Federation, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Kansas City Safari Club, Houston Safari Club, Mule Deer Foundation, Pheasants Forever and Quality Deer Management.

The MidwayUSA Foundation, founded by Larry and Brenda Potterfield in 2007, is involved in helping communities and organizations raise money for education and youth shooting activities. As of September 30, 2022, the MidwayUSA Foundation is known to have $240 million in assets, have paid $54.6 million in grants, and assisted 2,770 teams with endowments.
Posted By: EdM Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23

Interesting about the assisted living as I spoke with him at the DSC show a couple of weeks ago and he appeared just fine.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
have a order I was going to place with them. shipping would be $1.20 as some stuff are free shipping. they now have $10 off for a purchase of $100 or more. went to check out and the instant $10 off took my shipping to $15.87, WTF you kidding me

What do they have there that you can't get for a better price elsewhere? Let the 'fire members find it for you cheaper.
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Yeah, Larry Potterfield and Midway suck. He is a loser and hasnā€™t done anything but screw people and bank the profitā€¦

The list is long and his involvement in the shooting industry is nothing short of magnificent. Just a couple examples;

The Potterfields are reported to have donated several million dollars to help provide YWCE programs to organizations such as Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Wild Turkey Federation, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Kansas City Safari Club, Houston Safari Club, Mule Deer Foundation, Pheasants Forever and Quality Deer Management.

The MidwayUSA Foundation, founded by Larry and Brenda Potterfield in 2007, is involved in helping communities and organizations raise money for education and youth shooting activities. As of September 30, 2022, the MidwayUSA Foundation is known to have $240 million in assets, have paid $54.6 million in grants, and assisted 2,770 teams with endowments.

Given how much more they charge for many items on their website, they should have some extra money to give away.
Posted By: SKane Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Larry's in an Assisted Living facility these days...

Oh really? Do tell of your insight. crazy
$1.20 isn't bad for shipping but they have a $10 for $100 or more, but why applied brings shipping to $15.87 that's crazey
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What do they have there that you can't get for a better price elsewhere? Let the 'fire members find it for you cheaper.

I buy when they have free shiping
Originally Posted by renegade50

ā€œBoomer15ā€

I love smiling Larry..
You all know..

šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ„“šŸ„“šŸ„“

Erā€™ybody ainā€™t got Midwest Shooters right up the road.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Midsouth..

If ya ever go in the walk in front.
Deal with Steve.

Fat boy forget Jones at the other register can't even type in your 7 digit ph# without repeating it slowly and I do mean slowly 2 to 4 times...

Funny as fuuuk going in their and you will see 2 3 5 people waiting on Steve to finish waiting on one dude in line.

And in comes some newb thinking wow I will just got over to that guy ( forgetful jones) and be in and out of here quick.
Then he gets the full Monty of Ph# repeat and at least 2 trips back to the warehouse shelves to get the item right.

You will see said newb in the Steve line eventually one day..

šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
I just got a Brownell order... $250+/- delivered

Same order at Midway would have been $340 delivered.
No such thing as "free shipping" with many outfits.
It is covered by the threshold amount to Qual for it and willing amount of profit margin built into items going into that Qual amount #.

Think about that..
How some items Qual for free shipping and how some items don't.
Then toss in mark up on price factors.
And the sale illusion price that are others regular price.

And that free shipping amount threshold to meet...

All factored in.....

Just saying....
Posted By: funflyer Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
I try to take advantage of Midway's free shipping whenever I order from them but they do play games more now than they ever used to.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
I generally buy local. The neighbors got to eat too.
Posted By: Teal Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Originally Posted by SKane

Larry called him from the field after daydreaming a deer hunt where his bullets failed. That's the way it is...
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23

Given how much more they charge for many items on their website, they should have some extra money to give away.

Show me anywhere that you are forced to buy from Midway. This is still America and only a liberal would comment on how someone else should spend their money..
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
I've been a customer for years with nary a complaint.

However, I tried to buy a CVA muzzleloader during a recent sale. Told me no shipping to NJ.
I explained that they could ship it to my FFL, as required for muzzleloaders in NJ, perfectly legal.
No dice.
I love these weekly bash MidwayUSA threads.

The world is at your keyboard, but you are forced to order from MidwayUSA?

#boomersbebooming
They have a good selection of Williams receiver sights and apertures for em.
But they can fuuuk that up royally each and every time...
BTDT about 5 times over the period of 15 yrs with Smling Larry and the gang.
šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Homie pretty much sticks to the scoped mod 70, scoped Savage 220, and scoped Kodiak pro Mag now anyways.
I can't hold onto a lever action rifle once they lose their shine in my eyes anyways....

I can only imagine how they can fuuuk up waaaaay more complex orders and the aggravation of returns many must go thru compounded nationwide....
Posted By: ribka Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
truth

Americans are spoiled pooosies used to having every wish and whim granted

Posted By: hillestadj Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Originally Posted by EdM

Interesting about the assisted living as I spoke with him at the DSC show a couple of weeks ago and he appeared just fine.

Uh - HOW DARE YOU. Seafire is one of the good guys. Beyond repute.
Posted By: ribka Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
shrap. give Paul a break, he's still upset virtue signaling over the George Floyd angel murder

Show me anywhere that you are forced to buy from Midway. This is still America and only a liberal would comment on how someone else should spend their money..

I never said anyone was forcing me to buy their overpriced crap, nor did I say he should spend his money elsewhere. Learn to read, you envious old mouth-breathing fart.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Got many good deals from Midway, shop carefully.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
I normally buy from them if what I need is in stock for the convenience, ease of logging in, fast shipping etcā€¦
Posted By: Nessmuk Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
I'm convinced Larry Potterfield is actually Wayne LaPierre in a mask, Scooby Doo style.

#boomersbebooming

wasent bashing them, just point out how shipping went up when giving a $10 discount
Posted By: smokepole Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23

#boomersbebooming

wasent bashing them, just point out how shipping went up when giving a $10 discount

LOL, Midway Sucks, but I'm not bashing them.
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Midway has donated a LOT to the local youth shooting groups.

I just ordered a Sightron reflex site that was cheaper than anyone I have seen by $20, even Doug.

A set of Forestor dies, again $25 cheaper than the next advertised price.

A set of RCBS dies, $20 cheaper.

And several 32 GB cards for the game cameras for under $8 each.

All free shipping.

Watch the clearance items and there are some fantastic deals.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Is it Larry and his foundation that are donating the money or is it his customers that are paying it, heā€™s collecting it and passing it on. Does Midway match their customers donations?

I like Midway and I like Brownells. They both are good and reputable businesses that I have never had issues with and Iā€™ve bought a lot from both!
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Originally Posted by rickt300
Got many good deals from Midway, shop carefully.

what he said

I think the biggest bittchers are the guys saying........

'why didn't I think of that'
Posted By: SKane Re: Midway sucks - 01/25/23
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by EdM

Uh - HOW DARE YOU. Seafire is one of the good guys. Beyond repute.

laugh

Yeah, if by "good" we mean talks out of his @ss and claims zero accountability, hellz yeah, GREAT phuggin' guy ā€“ EPIC even.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Midway sucks - 01/26/23
I think Seafire should be given a break as he might be part of the 'hadda stroke' club...

I always wonder if these Midwayusa threads are satire or ????
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Midway sucks - 01/26/23
$1.20 isn't bad for shipping but they have a $10 for $100 or more, but why applied brings shipping to $15.87 that's crazey

No doubt brought the total below the $100.00, which didn't qualify for the special shipping rate. Rocket science...not.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: Midway sucks - 01/26/23
Larry's in an Assisted Living facility these days... Midway has a new President or CEO... Larry is still the head guy, I'm sure just to maintain control with veto rights on business decisions...His time alive is limited

Might want to check your sources. I had a nice conversation with him at DSC. He was full of life and seemed completely fine to me.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Midway sucks - 01/26/23
https://www.midwayusa.com/
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Midway sucks - 01/26/23
Sounds like you guys didnā€™t make a ā€œQualifying Purchaseā€ā€¦ā€¦.
Posted By: steveredd1 Re: Midway sucks - 01/26/23
Originally Posted by luv2safari

No doubt brought the total below the $100.00, which didn't qualify for the special shipping rate. Rocket science...not.

total on my order was 170.00
Posted By: steveredd1 Re: Midway sucks - 01/26/23
Originally Posted by luv2safari

total on my order was + 170.00
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Midway sucks - 01/26/23
I never said anyone was forcing me to buy their overpriced crap, nor did I say he should spend his money elsewhere. Learn to read, you envious old mouth-breathing fart.

You did say this. What more do you need?

Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Midway sucks - 01/26/23

You did say this. What more do you need?

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Midway sucks - 01/26/23
I must admit you sure are smart, using bananas for a helmet and a quick dose of potassiumā€¦

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: smokepole Re: Midway sucks - 01/26/23
I must admit you sure are smart, using bananas for a helmet and a quick dose of potassiumā€¦

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

You should see what he stuffs down his pants when he's trying to sweet talk the ladies.
Posted By: bobinpa Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I just got a Brownell order... $250+/- delivered

Same order at Midway would have been $340 delivered.

This x 100!!! There is no doubt that Midway usually has good service and they have done some good by putting money into youth programs but they are also A LOT more expensive than most other retailers. Typically 10% more and usually more than that.

Midway is 15% higher on these dies alone....

Redding 7mm SAUM dies at Precision Reloading, $182.24
https://www.precisionreloading.com/cart.php#!l=RE&i=36280

Redding 7mm SAUM dies at Midway, $209.99
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018049443?pid=665043
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23

Donā€™t let facts get in the way of a good campfire bi!ch session about not being able to combine the free shipping on individual products + $10 off of orders over $100 + the 10pct birthday discount into a single order

I swear yā€™all could complain about anything
Posted By: Rooterpig Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
I got a order from midway yesterday. Box was barely taped with one piece of tape. Had a 4 inch gap where it came apart. I called midway and they said they will open a case with UPS. I called BS and said to open a midway tape investigation. Thatā€™s the world today ā€¦ā€¦ pass the buck.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
Originally Posted by Rooterpig
I got a order from midway yesterday. Box was barely taped with one piece of tape. Had a 4 inch gap where it came apart. I called midway and they said they will open a case with UPS. I called BS and said to open a midway tape investigation. Thatā€™s the world today ā€¦ā€¦ pass the buck.

Missing anything out the box?
Posted By: dpd Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
Some guys would bitch if they were hung with a new rope !
Posted By: sidewinder72 Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
I do not buy anything from Midway USA anymore. The web sight shows in stock, but when you order it is out of stock. Then you get charged twice for shipping. They ship what is in stock and then ship each other thing ordered when it comes in stock. I have not bought from them for a few years and do not plan on buying anything. He does all he can for Wayne also. Buy from Brownells and be happy.
Posted By: SKane Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
I like Midway. There, I said it.

Not the cheapest around but more apt to having something in stock than most.
And, sometimes they are indeed cheaper.
Posted By: Teal Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23

Same. Midway, Brownells, Natchez, Academy, Fleet Farm, Amazon, - all clubs in the bag I use to get around the course. Each has a reason/time to get used.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
Originally Posted by sidewinder72
I do not buy anything from Midway USA anymore. The web sight shows in stock, but when you order it is out of stock. Then you get charged twice for shipping. They ship what is in stock and then ship each other thing ordered when it comes in stock. I have not bought from them for a few years and do not plan on buying anything. He does all he can for Wayne also. Buy from Brownells and be happy.
I haven't bought a thing from Midway for years. There was a powder shortage so the powder I wanted was "out of stock" so I ordered an "in stock" powder. Apparently it either was not in stock or they diverted the powder to a preferred customer. After promising for months to send the powder they finally without telling me anything put the money back in my credit card account after I sent a letter asking for the powder or a refund with 5% interest on the money.

Someone named Larry called my cell phone and started explaining that their supplier didn't come through with the powder Midway claimed at the time was ''in stock''. I told him that was an ugly way to do business to claim something is in stock when in fact it isn't.

Anyway, Midsouth and Natchez send what I need now.

I didn't much like Midway's uncritical support of Wayne LaPierre either.
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
Only thing I can say about my experience with Midway is when Iā€™ve ordered a box of bullets or dies in a plastic box, they ship it in one of those bags and by the time they get to me the box is broken open and some of the bullets were beat up. Which necessarily aint their fault I guess. But I have contacted them and asked them to ship my stuff in a box instead.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
I shop everywhere and generally beat Midway up. Looking back to December of last year,to today,I really haven't ordered much from them. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Though I haven't opened Mail yet today and will fish first. Hint.................

Posted By: ldholton Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
it's not just Midway it's everywhere. one needs to learn the shop and include the shipping during shopping. and learn how to work the shipping process...
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
Originally Posted by Teal

Same. Midway, Brownells, Natchez, Academy, Fleet Farm, Amazon, - all clubs in the bag I use to get around the course. Each has a reason/time to get used.
Originally Posted by ldholton
it's not just Midway it's everywhere. one needs to learn the shop and include the shipping during shopping. and learn how to work the shipping process...

Now donā€™t go making senseā€¦

Sheeesh!
Posted By: 257Bob Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
I shop at Midway ever chance I get, user friendly website, good inventory, market prices, easy returns. Brownell's website is a visit back to the 80s, last order from them was a couple weeks ago only because they are the only ones I could find that had the headspace gauges in stock that I needed. I eventually got my order but they definitely are not keeping up with the times with their online store. A very long time ago, I ordered a Brownell's catalog, I thin the fee was something like $3.50 and I had to send a check. I used a business check and they returned my check with the catalog and recognized me as a business account with typical discount of 20-25%. It was nice while it lasted but Midway is my go-to these days.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
I bought just a few items last night from Midway. They are in the mail today. I like the fast service on ordered items.
I have no complaints.

kwg
Posted By: Rooterpig Re: Midway sucks - 01/27/23
Nothing missing for me.
© 24hourcampfire