Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Is it Larry and his foundation that are donating the money or is it his customers that are paying it, he’s collecting it and passing it on. Does Midway match their customers donations?

I like Midway and I like Brownells. They both are good and reputable businesses that I have never had issues with and I’ve bought a lot from both!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rickt300
Got many good deals from Midway, shop carefully.

what he said

I think the biggest bittchers are the guys saying........

'why didn't I think of that'

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Seafire
Larry's in an Assisted Living facility these days... Midway has a new President or CEO... Larry is still the head guy, I'm sure just to maintain control with veto rights on business decisions...His time alive is limited....

Interesting about the assisted living as I spoke with him at the DSC show a couple of weeks ago and he appeared just fine.
Originally Posted by SKane
Larry's in an Assisted Living facility these days...

Oh really? Do tell of your insight. crazy

Uh - HOW DARE YOU. Seafire is one of the good guys. Beyond repute.

laugh

Yeah, if by "good" we mean talks out of his @ss and claims zero accountability, hellz yeah, GREAT phuggin' guy – EPIC even.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think Seafire should be given a break as he might be part of the 'hadda stroke' club...

I always wonder if these Midwayusa threads are satire or ????

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steveredd1
$1.20 isn't bad for shipping but they have a $10 for $100 or more, but why applied brings shipping to $15.87 that's crazey

No doubt brought the total below the $100.00, which didn't qualify for the special shipping rate. Rocket science...not.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Larry's in an Assisted Living facility these days... Midway has a new President or CEO... Larry is still the head guy, I'm sure just to maintain control with veto rights on business decisions...His time alive is limited

Might want to check your sources. I had a nice conversation with him at DSC. He was full of life and seemed completely fine to me.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Sounds like you guys didn’t make a “Qualifying Purchase”…….

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by luv2safari
$1.20 isn't bad for shipping but they have a $10 for $100 or more, but why applied brings shipping to $15.87 that's crazey

No doubt brought the total below the $100.00, which didn't qualify for the special shipping rate. Rocket science...not.

total on my order was 170.00

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by luv2safari

total on my order was + 170.00

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I never said anyone was forcing me to buy their overpriced crap, nor did I say he should spend his money elsewhere. Learn to read, you envious old mouth-breathing fart.

You did say this. What more do you need?

Given how much more they charge for many items on their website, they should have some extra money to give away.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I never said anyone was forcing me to buy their overpriced crap, nor did I say he should spend his money elsewhere. Learn to read, you envious old mouth-breathing fart.

You did say this. What more do you need?

Given how much more they charge for many items on their website, they should have some extra money to give away.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I must admit you sure are smart, using bananas for a helmet and a quick dose of potassium…

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I must admit you sure are smart, using bananas for a helmet and a quick dose of potassium…

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

You should see what he stuffs down his pants when he's trying to sweet talk the ladies.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I just got a Brownell order... $250+/- delivered

Same order at Midway would have been $340 delivered.

This x 100!!! There is no doubt that Midway usually has good service and they have done some good by putting money into youth programs but they are also A LOT more expensive than most other retailers. Typically 10% more and usually more than that.

Midway is 15% higher on these dies alone....

Redding 7mm SAUM dies at Precision Reloading, $182.24
https://www.precisionreloading.com/cart.php#!l=RE&i=36280

Redding 7mm SAUM dies at Midway, $209.99
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018049443?pid=665043

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Yeah, Larry Potterfield and Midway suck. He is a loser and hasn’t done anything but screw people and bank the profit…

The list is long and his involvement in the shooting industry is nothing short of magnificent. Just a couple examples;

The Potterfields are reported to have donated several million dollars to help provide YWCE programs to organizations such as Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Wild Turkey Federation, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Kansas City Safari Club, Houston Safari Club, Mule Deer Foundation, Pheasants Forever and Quality Deer Management.

The MidwayUSA Foundation, founded by Larry and Brenda Potterfield in 2007, is involved in helping communities and organizations raise money for education and youth shooting activities. As of September 30, 2022, the MidwayUSA Foundation is known to have $240 million in assets, have paid $54.6 million in grants, and assisted 2,770 teams with endowments.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good campfire bi!ch session about not being able to combine the free shipping on individual products + $10 off of orders over $100 + the 10pct birthday discount into a single order

I swear y’all could complain about anything

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I got a order from midway yesterday. Box was barely taped with one piece of tape. Had a 4 inch gap where it came apart. I called midway and they said they will open a case with UPS. I called BS and said to open a midway tape investigation. That’s the world today …… pass the buck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rooterpig
I got a order from midway yesterday. Box was barely taped with one piece of tape. Had a 4 inch gap where it came apart. I called midway and they said they will open a case with UPS. I called BS and said to open a midway tape investigation. That’s the world today …… pass the buck.

Missing anything out the box?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Some guys would bitch if they were hung with a new rope !

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I do not buy anything from Midway USA anymore. The web sight shows in stock, but when you order it is out of stock. Then you get charged twice for shipping. They ship what is in stock and then ship each other thing ordered when it comes in stock. I have not bought from them for a few years and do not plan on buying anything. He does all he can for Wayne also. Buy from Brownells and be happy.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 117LBS, 10Glocks, 71 invisible), 2,796 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,639
Posts18,512,234
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.