Home
This is turning into a better day,especially for Friday,which is usually a good day for me.Commit crimes,run from cops,get hit with a cooler.OMG!

Fleeing Drug Suspect Dies After New York City Police Officer Knocks Him Off Motorcycle with Cooler – Cop is Suspended Following Incident

[Linked Image from nydailynews.com]

Bronx, New York – Some will call this police officer’s alert reaction heroic while others may say he was completely out of line.

The New York Daily News reported Thursday that a motorcycle-riding drug suspect named Eric Duprey died after a New York Police Department (NYPD) sergeant tossed a cooler he grabbed from a local family’s sidewalk table at him, knocking him off his bike. Duprey was fleeing a Bronx buy-and-bust drug sting at the time.

Following the incident, the NYPD announced that Sgt. Erik Duran, an NYPD Bronx narcotics veteran who joined the force in 2010, was suspended without pay just hours after the lethal afternoon encounter.

The NYPD also said the New York Attorney General’s office was leading the investigation into this incident with their assistance. As Gateway Pundit readers know, the Attorney General of New York is none other than radical leftist Letitia James, a deranged Trump hater.

New York City’s medical examiner will determine an official cause of death.

As the New York Daily News reported, the encounter occurred on Aqueduct Ave. near W. 190th St. in Kingsbridge Heights at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday according to the paper. An eyewitness who saw the incident claimed he was with relatives when the clash began.

The 42-year-old explained to the paper that Duran took his cooler which was full and hit Duprey with it.

He (Duprey) was on the bike, moving north when the cops started chasing him. Then he took a U-turn and was riding on the sidewalk. The cop then took my cooler, which was filled with soda cans, water bottles, and hit him.

The surveillance footage shows Duprey motoring along the sidewalk before Duran hurls the cooler directly at Dupree from close range. The rider then tumbles off the motorcycle and into a parked car as his bike skids to a halt.

Did he ask the family if he could snatch up their cooler to toss at the guy?
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Did he ask the family if he could snatch up their cooler to toss at the guy?

I wonder if the DA will make the cop pay for the contents of the cooler? lol
Apparently no one told this dork,that it's impossible to look like a bad-ass when you're sitting on a moped. lol
Sounds like an excellent application of Street Justice by the Narc Officer.

He should get a raise and a accommodation.

But being that it occurred in the NYC Schitthole, he’ll probably be charged with manslaughter or something similar.

And the scumbag dope dealer Perp’s family will cash in on the ghetto lottery with a huge paycheck from NYC. 😡
Interesting that the cop had to go to that length for one who is likely a small time dealer. Odds are good he wasn't dealing in many kilos on his motorscooter. I bet it comes out the cops knew who he was and targeted him for the buy.

Probably pissed them off to no end that he was getting away with some of their cash though.

I mean, it's not like it wasn't recorded and they could have picked him up later, right? Or used another undercover sting to get him next week??
Out cold
One down, 20 million to go.

Where was his helmet?

Wasn't he endangering the lives of innocent people?
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Out cold
grin

On ice.
If they nail that cop every one on the force should take a few sick days.
Never put off for tomorrow,what you can do today.lol
I wonder what was the last thing to go through his mind hum…oh yeah a cooler….
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
His "baby-mama" be's all upset 'cause now he ain't around to take the kids to school! He was a good "dad"!

Don't know about y'all, but a good dad wouldn't be out selling drugs, whether it's micrograms or pounds!

Okay, maybe he didn't deserve to die, but c'mon!
He damned sure wasn't helping the kids of the parents who were buying his "wares"!

You'll have to admit, in the NYC traffic nightmare, a Moped can outrun anybody on foot and will weave in and out of traffic easily. Good idea!
.....but running it down a sidewalk? Pretty much deserved a cooler to the head!
Guess he wasn't as tough as he thought he was!
F'n perfect
Gee....I guess now "assault coolers" will be banned. After all, he was a good boy and was just getting his GED so he could enter medical school.
So the off duty Officer Rehabilitates a drug dealer and looses his job for making Society a bit better.

We Truly do live in an upside down world.
Originally Posted by funshooter
So the off duty Officer Rehabilitates a drug dealer and looses his job for making Society a bit better.

Why do they even try to be cops in those Leftist hell holes? Nobody you work for has your back even when you do your job.
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by funshooter

Why do they even try to be cops in those Leftist hell holes? Nobody you work for has your back even when you do your job.

Agree
We as a Society need to stand up and say enough is enough with coddling criminals and making bystanders the criminal when do stand up and what needs to be done.
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
His "baby-mama" be's all upset 'cause now he ain't around to take the kids to school! He was a good "dad"!

Don't know about y'all, but a good dad wouldn't be out selling drugs, whether it's micrograms or pounds!

Okay, maybe he didn't deserve to die, but c'mon!
He damned sure wasn't helping the kids of the parents who were buying his "wares"!

You'll have to admit, in the NYC traffic nightmare, a Moped can outrun anybody on foot and will weave in and out of traffic easily. Good idea!
.....but running it down a sidewalk? Pretty much deserved a cooler to the head!
Guess he wasn't as tough as he thought he was!

Maybe summary execution without a trial would have been more appropriate?
Good job officer ....now somebody get in there and kick all them candles over and maybe throw a cooler on them !
This is one of those cases where "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" fits perfectly. Live your life as an outlaw, don't be surprised if you die when the law catches up to you, and you choose not to peaceably surrender.
Give the man a medal and a raise.
If I was the cop, I'd be laying it on pretty thick that I was concerned about the safety of the pedestrians on that sidewalk. That's why I threw that cooler.
Scooter boy's family will now sue Igloo and get a nice settlement.
Gee....I guess now "assault coolers" will be banned. After all, he was a good boy and was just getting his GED so he could enter medical school.

Only if they have the capacity to hold high capacity 12-packs and can be re-loaded fast.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Good job officer ....now somebody get in there and kick all them candles over and maybe throw a cooler on them !

That made me sick! Put up a shrine to a street doper/dealer low-life bum...
Don't kick the candles over- - - - -drink a couple of 40-ouncers and pizz on as many of them as possible. "Rinse and repeat!"
There was a whole police force recently that all just quit due to lack of support. I think it was a small town in Minnesota... Can you imagine NYC without any cops???
Not guilty. Next.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Awesome they got it on video.
👍🏻👍🏻🤣🤣🤣👍🏻👍🏻
Originally Posted by AB2506
If I was the cop, I'd be laying it on pretty thick that I was concerned about the safety of the pedestrians on that sidewalk. That's why I threw that cooler.

EXACTLY...

NEVER SAY A WORD AT THE SCENE... NEVER.

24-48 hours of thinking and the story become one of a hero saving a small child from imminent death.
Looks a bit like PB riding his bike on a sidewalk with open and wanton disregard for serious injury or death to innocent bystanders
knew this kid named Max, he used to get fat stacks out on the corner with drugs
He liked to hang out late, liked to get [bleep] faced and keep pace with thugs
Until late one night there was a big gunfight and Max lost his head
He pulled out his chrome .45, talked some [bleep] and wound up dead
Now his wife and his kids are caught in the midst of all of his pain
You know it comes that way, at least that's what they say when you play the game
WHEN THE POLICE STAND DOWN...

Will you be popping bad guys... or hiding like a bitch in your T1-11 she shed?

Each man must know the answer for himself... before this day comes...
Ya so what, run from the police and they will get ya sooner or later. One less POS to deal with...
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by atvalaska

That made me sick! Put up a shrine to a street doper/dealer low-life bum...

We venerate evil and condemn all that is good.

First it was “what they do in the privacy of their home is their business” then it was “your tax dollars now support needle exchange programs” now it’s “let the poor drug dealer speed down the sidewalk and menace standers by”.

A really cynical person might start to wonder whether libertarianism hasn’t turned into libertinism!?
Originally Posted by efw
A really cynical person might start to wonder whether libertarianism hasn’t turned into libertinism!?

WOW...

Thank you Sir... for saying exactly that.
Originally Posted by Winchester21
Scooter boy's family will now sue Igloo and get a nice settlement.
Makes perfect sense. If you can sue Bushmaster, or Remington, for injuries caused by intentional actions with their products, you should be able to sue Igloo in exactly the same way.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
WHEN THE POLICE STAND DOWN...

Will you be popping bad guys... or hiding like a bitch in your T1-11 she shed?

Each man must know the answer for himself... before this day comes...

Been in the situation several times in the past.
If they piss me off they will be killing me as I shoot back.

You never know how you will react when SHTF and hopefully things will never get that bad that we have to find out who our friends and our enemy's really are.
LOL that's funny as fugg. Knocked him right on his azz he did.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Don't kick the candles over- - - - -drink a couple of 40-ouncers and pizz on as many of them as possible. "Rinse and repeat!"

When drinking a couple of 40-ouncers make sure they came out of a cooler like the one thrown at the perp.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Only if they have the capacity to hold high capacity 12-packs and can be re-loaded fast.

LOL
Must have been a Yeti, there's no way a Coleman would have done the job.

I must be the odd one out, I don't like coppers being able to get away with killing suspects that are not a clear and present danger.

What will it be next, little 98 year old ladies and your dog?
Originally Posted by AB2506
And…”I didn’t know the cooler was loaded!”
I seriously doubt the cop intended or expected to kill the perp. Just trying to keep him from getting away so he could be arrested. The perp was and has been breaking the law and rightfully so, there should be consequences. Maybe a little extreme in this case but too bad, so sad. No repeat offenses.

This is not an all encompassing defense of law enforcement. In my experience, often times the only difference between a cop and a criminal is the side of the badge they are on, especially from a mental perspective. Both thrive on power and control.
Originally Posted by 45_100
I seriously doubt the cop intended or expected to kill the perp. Just trying to keep him from getting away so he could be arrested. The perp was and has been breaking the law and rightfully so, there should be consequences. Maybe a little extreme in this case but too bad, so sad. No repeat offenses.

This is not an all encompassing defense of law enforcement. In my experience, often times the only difference between a cop and a criminal is the side of the badge they are on, especially from a mental perspective. Both thrive on power and control.
Like.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I must be the odd one out, I don't like coppers being able to get away with killing suspects that are not a clear and present danger.

Soooo...maybe you prefer the "copper" get run over?
Maybe the little 98 year old woman walking her dog down the sidewalk?
The perp "WAS" running a motorized vehicle down an occupied public sidewalk, endangering the lives and wellbeing of pedestrians, old and young!

Don't be so dense as to believe the officer felt the cooler would kill the perp!

"... summary execution without a trial ..."
Pretty much what happened ... though unintentional!
Trial by FAFO!

"... execution by natural selection ..."

I don't see those crying about one cop's actions crying about the lives this piece of human offal was destroying by selling them drugs!
....and his "baby-mama" is crying about "he won't be there to take the kids to school"!
Well guess what?
He won't be out there selling drugs either!
Not particularly interested in your smarmy justification...a copper killed a fleeing drug dealer who did not present a threat. You may think it is cool for coppers to get away with killing people who are not posing a threat...I do not.

Now ask yourself...would you get away with throwing a full esky into someone's chest and killing him. Then ask yourself would there be a reasonable chance of killing someone if you swung a full esky into them whilst they are riding a moped.

Don't be glib, don't even bother answering me...just ask yourself.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
There was a whole police force recently that all just quit due to lack of support. I think it was a small town in Minnesota... Can you imagine NYC without any cops???
Water finds its own level.
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
knew this kid named Max, he used to get fat stacks out on the corner with drugs
He liked to hang out late, liked to get [bleep] faced and keep pace with thugs
Until late one night there was a big gunfight and Max lost his head
He pulled out his chrome .45, talked some [bleep] and wound up dead
Now his wife and his kids are caught in the midst of all of his pain
You know it comes that way, at least that's what they say when you play the game

#whiteyford!
Originally Posted by rte
This is turning into a better day,especially for Friday,which is usually a good day for me.Commit crimes,run from cops,get hit with a cooler.OMG!

Bronx, New York – Some will call this police officer’s alert reaction heroic while others may say he was completely out of line.

I'll take "completely out of line" for $200, Alex.
Evidently now cops just kill with total immunity. I trying to find where in the Constitution or in State Law where it says not doing as told and exactly when told is an automatic death sentence.

No J, you're not the odd man out. My statement really needed to have a sarcasm emoji.

Here was my post from a few before the one you quoted. I think there's a couple of more folks here that think the methods used to accomplish their goal might have been a bit much

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...d-off-moped-with-cooler-lol#Post18700681
I doubt the cop thought he was going to kill him. If he wanted to kill him he would have gone to guns.
Originally Posted by Szumi
I doubt the cop thought he was going to kill him. If he wanted to kill him he would have gone to guns.
Intent makes no nevermind.

In cases of high speed pursuit in which an officer loses control of the vehicle and takes out a person, intent wasn't the issue either.

Perhaps, as I noted earlier, there was no need to even try to stop the kid at that time? If the police had just backed off they could have picked him up at home, or at his homies, later that day. I'd bet the drug buy was pretty heavily observed, in person and on camera/voice recorder and they knew just exactly who he was.
And probably hit innocent bystanders instead of the suspect.

In cases of high speed pursuit in which an officer loses control of the vehicle and takes out a person, intent wasn't the issue either.

Perhaps, as I noted earlier, there was no need to even try to stop the kid at that time? If the police had just backed off they could have picked him up at home, or at his homies, later that day. I'd bet the drug buy was pretty heavily observed, in person and on camera/voice recorder and they knew just exactly who he was.

Following up on this line of reasoning there is no need for LE to obtain warrants and raid people’s homes or businesses. Just follow them around and arrest them at the gas station or Dollar General. Certainly no reason to kill a disabled veteran in his home and refuse to say why they were serving a warrant.

I am beginning to suspect we don’t have a justice system. More of a legal system and it is not applied consistently. Seems there are different rules for different people. Maybe it’s just me.
Fuqk em both

Following up on this line of reasoning there is no need for LE to obtain warrants and raid people’s homes or businesses. Just follow them around and arrest them at the gas station or Dollar General. Certainly no reason to kill a disabled veteran in his home and refuse to say why they were serving a warrant.

I am beginning to suspect we don’t have a justice system. More of a legal system and it is not applied consistently. Seems there are different rules for different people. Maybe it’s just me.

Yes, there are different rules for different people.

I wonder how large the buy was they did with the kid? They don't like someone getting away with their cash. By the time they caught up with him if they'd let him run, later that day even, some of their money might have been spent already and they'd never get it back.

Same with Ruby Ridge or Waco. Catch the guy you have problems with when he is out and about. No reason to go in with guns blazing and kill other innocents.
Wasn't he fleeing what is likely a felony arrest? Aren't cops supposed to attempt to take them into custody? If you get hurt fleeing an arrest attempt, it's on you.
Not particularly interested in your smarmy justification...a copper killed a fleeing drug dealer who did not present a threat. You may think it is cool for coppers to get away with killing people who are not posing a threat...I do not.

Now ask yourself...would you get away with throwing a full esky into someone's chest and killing him. Then ask yourself would there be a reasonable chance of killing someone if you swung a full esky into them whilst they are riding a moped.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Evidently now cops just kill with total immunity. I trying to find where in the Constitution or in State Law where it says not doing as told and exactly when told is an automatic death sentence.

Might wanna check that Constitution or State Law for the Article, Section and Paragraph where selling drugs and riding a motorized vehicle on a sidewalk isn't a "threat" to the wellbeing of innocent citizens.

Oh, BTW Manny, not obeying the lawful command of a LEO is "failure to comply" and fleeing is "evading arrest". Both ARE in your "State Law" along with possessing drugs for distribution.
"Failure to comply", "evading arrest" and "selling drugs" ARE a threat to society!

Usually, I agree with much you say.
This time, you don't agree that the perp was endangering folks on a public sidewalk - I disagree - this was NYC, after all.
I also doubt the cop had "intent" to kill - only to stop the action.
The results were unfortunate/unfortunate, depending on your point of view.
I lean toward the fortunate side - and hold no favor for drug dealers.
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

I would worry about what your own government is doing before worrying about ours.

America’s obsession with drugs is one of the greatest threats we face as a nation, I’m not going to cry over a dealer taking a cooler to the face.
Shouldn't get into this quagmire.

If a cop throwing a cooler is this bad, cops need to walk away.

I'm often critical, of policy and behavior.
But holding this cop responsible for this death?

Holy schit, you guys don't even know if it killed him?
You gonna hold the cop responsible if the cooler broke a spoke in a wheel,
causing a wreck half a block later? Or he wrecked,jumped up, tripped and hit his head.

You are acting exactly like the Travon Martin, or Michael Brown cop haters.
Totally wrong, little knowledge, totally convinced this cop should hang.

And yet many here think vigilante justice is a good thing.
This thread, the piling on.
You all would have been comfortable in Salem.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

causing a wreck half a block later? Or he wrecked,jumped up, tripped and hit his head.

Guess you didn't watch the video, eh?
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
[America’s obsession with drugs is one of the greatest threats we face as a nation, I’m not going to cry over a dealer taking a cooler to the face.

America's obsession with drugs, is because of people that want ta take drugs.

Has nothin ta do with dealers.

Which was proved via Oxy.
Tacticooler

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Guess you didn't watch the video, eh?
I watched the video and thought it was funny as fugg.
Originally Posted by cas6969

LMAO

Cas wins the thread
Originally Posted by Fubarski
[America’s obsession with drugs is one of the greatest threats we face as a nation, I’m not going to cry over a dealer taking a cooler to the face.

I agree with that, still don’t care all that much if some nerd selling drugs on his moped in New York caught a cooler in the face and died.

I find it odd that somebody from Australia is concerned with the state of America when they’re far ahead of us in the tyranny department.
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Are you speaking of that inconvenient

Personal Responsibility?
Outstanding!
I agree with that, still don’t care all that much if some nerd selling drugs on his moped in New York caught a cooler in the face and died.

I find it odd that somebody from Australia is concerned with the state of America when they’re far ahead of us in the tyranny department.

We hold coppers that pull stunts like that accountable, and fortunately we don't seem to have the issues you have with your .gov agencies.
Possibly due to a different demographic, or it could be that our .gov agencies are a fair bit less inclined to see our citizens as prey...NO, scratch that...our highway patrol definitely have that mindset.

Do I lose sleep over the druggie...no. Do I think cops should be allowed to walk free after doing something that would land anyone else in gaol...no.

At least someone out here is interested in how America fares, because God knows that most Americans don't seem to give a toss.

We hold coppers that pull stunts like that accountable, and fortunately we don't seem to have the issues you have with your .gov agencies.
Possibly due to a different demographic, or it could be that our .gov agencies are a fair bit less inclined to see our citizens as prey...NO, scratch that...our highway patrol definitely have that mindset.

Do I lose sleep over the druggie...no. Do I think cops should be allowed to walk free after doing something that would land anyone else in gaol...no.

At least someone out here is interested in how America fares, because God knows that most Americans don't seem to give a toss.

How many covid shots did your government mandate you take?

Pussy

Honest question.

Do you need a license to purchase firearms down under?
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Honest question.

Probably needs a license to leave his house, they might still be locked down and getting drug off to quarantine camps...by coppers....
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Pussy

None, the Australian Government didn't attempt to force me in to taking any shots. They most definitely recommended and blustered, and likely would have tried force if they thought they could have got away with it.

I took the first two shots after I almost died in the local hospice from sepsis, SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE I did not think I would survive at that time if I contracted so much as a cold.

If you want to get your little girl panties in a twist because of my medical history, that is on you.

Pussy

None, the Australian Government didn't attempt to force me in to taking any shots. They most definitely recommended and blustered, and likely would have tried force if they thought they could have got away with it.

I took the first two shots after I almost died in the local hospice from sepsis, SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE I did not think I would survive at that time if I contracted so much as a cold.

If you want to get your little girl panties in a twist because of my medical history, that is on you.

Lol every coward's got an excuse.......f ucking biatch was afraid of a cold lol
Honest question.

Yes I do, and so will you if you visit...as do those Americans who want select fire weapons, suppressors, cars, a house, land, hunting, fishing, etc.
And if I have my information correct you also have to be approved via NICS, be licenced for carry in most states (that allow it), and lose your ability to own firearms in perpetuity should you be convicted of a felony.

I am happy to discuss the rest of your supposed superior freedom if you wish...we can even start at school shootings...move on to .gov killing citizens with impunity...then perhaps fiddle around with your daily robbery and shooting stats in your cities.

OR...we can just agree that we live in different nations with different values and pretend to be thinking adults .
Honest question.

Yes I do, and so will you if you visit...as do those Americans who want select fire weapons, suppressors, cars, a house, land, hunting, fishing, etc.
And if I have my information correct you also have to be approved via NICS, be licenced for carry in most states (that allow it), and lose your ability to own firearms in perpetuity should you be convicted of a felony.

I am happy to discuss the rest of your supposed superior freedom if you wish...we can even start at school shootings...move on to .gov killing citizens with impunity...then perhaps fiddle around with your daily robbery and shooting stats in your cities.

OR...we can just agree that we live in different nations with different values and pretend to be thinking adults .
Was just an honest question, never said anything about superior freedom.

Unaware that I need a license to own my land or house though.

Look...you know you are a poncy little poser...I know you are a poncy little poser...everyone else here knows you are a poncy little poser.

So be a good poncy little poser and go play with yourself elsewhere, and leave the adults to continue the conversation...now, shoo boy.

Land taxes, rates...we have all the same crap you have and pay through the neck just like you do. It is the price for wanting to live in a society that provides benefits for it's citizens.

And if any here take umbrage at licencing, taxes, rates, etc being included together...try not paying one of them and see just how much freedom you really have.

Here or there, it makes no difference...freedom stops at the cessation of payment.
Foreigners living in [bleep] holes always want to agree to disagree after they interject themselves into American politics.
Foreigners living in [bleep] holes always want to agree to disagree after they interject themselves into American politics.

Cool...you have just displayed an uneducated myopic vision of a flawed world view and your place in it.

You must be excellent value at local council meetings.

Land taxes, rates...we have all the same crap you have and pay through the neck just like you do. It is the price for wanting to live in a society that provides benefits for it's citizens.

And if any here take umbrage at licencing, taxes, rates, etc being included together...try not paying one of them and see just how much freedom you really have.

Here or there, it makes no difference...freedom stops at the cessation of payment.
Freedom ends when they want to have taxes/fees on everything.

Freedom ends when they want to have taxes/fees on everything.

Not trying to be rude...but they have that.

Both here and there.
I would bet that perp would have gladly ran over someone to get away. In fact very little doubt in my mind.
Originally Posted by SargeMO

LMAO

Cas wins the thread
Can someone explain that? I don't get it.

Look...you know you are a poncy little poser...I know you are a poncy little poser...everyone else here knows you are a poncy little poser.

So be a good poncy little poser and go play with yourself elsewhere, and leave the adults to continue the conversation...now, shoo boy.

I'm sorry, I understand retard australian slang. You are a coward. That is all.
[quote=10gaugemag]

"... Freedom ends when they want to have taxes/fees on everything. ..."

Gov't isn't in business to make money. Through taxation, the Gov't provides the services necessary to maintain a safe environment for its citizens.
For decades, the Gov't subsisted on import/export fees and taxes paid by large corporations and businesses.... then politicians got greedy ... and lazy.
A lot of "Pork Barrel" spending ended up in politicians pockets through kickbacks, payoffs and under-the-table payments.

Right now, 75% of tax revenues are spent on "social programs".
[quote=10gaugemag]

Gov't isn't in business to make money. Through taxation, the Gov't provides the services necessary to maintain a safe environment for its citizens.
For decades, the Gov't subsisted on import/export fees and taxes paid by large corporations and businesses.... then politicians got greedy ... and lazy.
A lot of "Pork Barrel" spending ended up in politicians pockets through kickbacks, payoffs and under-the-table payments.

So where are social programs giving me a safe environment??

Fees is another word in there.

Example. Building a new house "out in the county" as the city folks say. There is an application fee for my building permit plus the permit cost itself. Why do we need 2 separate fees?

Had to give the $175 for a culvert fee. I don't need a culvert as the drive is at the apex of the hill. Still had to give em that $175.

The list goes on.

Example. Building a new house "out in the county" as the city folks say. There is an application fee for my building permit plus the permit cost itself. Why do we need 2 separate fees?

Had to give the $175 for a culvert fee. I don't need a culvert as the drive is at the apex of the hill. Still had to give em that $175.

The list goes on.

.GOV has decided they need your money... more than you need your money.

Most of the world calls this Socialism... or even Communism.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

The list goes on.

.GOV has decided they need your money... more than you need your money.

Most of the world calls this Socialism... or even Communism.
Yep. And when you need something from them they want to drag it out as long as possible.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by SargeMO

LMAO

Cas wins the thread

Can someone explain that? I don't get it.

If you're serious, the "cooler" was where the Germans would toss you for being a naughty POW during WWII. Or so Hollywood would have you believe. Really naughty POWs were just summarily executed which I'm sure you know.

I can't place the face, but I'm assuming it's a still from the movie "The Great Escape".
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
If you're serious, the "cooler" was where the Germans would toss you for being a naughty POW during WWII. Or so Hollywood would have you believe. Really naughty POWs were just summarily executed which I'm sure you know.

I can't place the face, but I'm assuming it's a still from the movie "The Great Escape".
Yes. Thank you. It all comes back to me, now. Great movie. The guy in the picture was, I guess, the Sergeant Schultz-like character in the movie.
Nothing is quite as entertaining as watching a couple of skunks in a pizzing contest- - - - -from a safe distance, of course, where there's not much danger of getting caught in the overspray! Sort of like watching a barroom brawl from out of beer bottle throwing range. The sex-starved Aussie chick I bedded down while I was there for a few days told me that all the men she knew wanted to do was drink beer and fight with each other! They were missing out on quite a ride!
[quote=10gaugemag]

The list goes on.

Built a 2BR home in rural OK.
The only "permit" I needed was to construct a septic system. Since we went with a lagoon, we didn't have to pay for a "perc" test which would certainly fail in our iron hard clay soil! LOL!
The "fee" we paid was for inspection prior to use.
Passed like a champ!
No plumbing, wiring or framing inspections. No co7nty construction permits.
The county replaced the culvert under our drive.
No charge.
The phone company installed underground phone service.
No charge.
The local electric company hung a meter loop on request.
No charge.
Cop took a chance at being a hero and it went sideways on him. Probably wishes he hadn't thrown the cooler now.
Was it a Yeti "Tactical" cooler?
© 24hourcampfire