Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 45_100
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Szumi
I doubt the cop thought he was going to kill him. If he wanted to kill him he would have gone to guns.
Intent makes no nevermind.

In cases of high speed pursuit in which an officer loses control of the vehicle and takes out a person, intent wasn't the issue either.

Perhaps, as I noted earlier, there was no need to even try to stop the kid at that time? If the police had just backed off they could have picked him up at home, or at his homies, later that day. I'd bet the drug buy was pretty heavily observed, in person and on camera/voice recorder and they knew just exactly who he was.

Following up on this line of reasoning there is no need for LE to obtain warrants and raid people’s homes or businesses. Just follow them around and arrest them at the gas station or Dollar General. Certainly no reason to kill a disabled veteran in his home and refuse to say why they were serving a warrant.

I am beginning to suspect we don’t have a justice system. More of a legal system and it is not applied consistently. Seems there are different rules for different people. Maybe it’s just me.

Yes, there are different rules for different people.

I wonder how large the buy was they did with the kid? They don't like someone getting away with their cash. By the time they caught up with him if they'd let him run, later that day even, some of their money might have been spent already and they'd never get it back.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 45_100
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Szumi
I doubt the cop thought he was going to kill him. If he wanted to kill him he would have gone to guns.
Intent makes no nevermind.

In cases of high speed pursuit in which an officer loses control of the vehicle and takes out a person, intent wasn't the issue either.

Perhaps, as I noted earlier, there was no need to even try to stop the kid at that time? If the police had just backed off they could have picked him up at home, or at his homies, later that day. I'd bet the drug buy was pretty heavily observed, in person and on camera/voice recorder and they knew just exactly who he was.

Following up on this line of reasoning there is no need for LE to obtain warrants and raid people’s homes or businesses. Just follow them around and arrest them at the gas station or Dollar General. Certainly no reason to kill a disabled veteran in his home and refuse to say why they were serving a warrant.

I am beginning to suspect we don’t have a justice system. More of a legal system and it is not applied consistently. Seems there are different rules for different people. Maybe it’s just me.
Same with Ruby Ridge or Waco. Catch the guy you have problems with when he is out and about. No reason to go in with guns blazing and kill other innocents.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wasn't he fleeing what is likely a felony arrest? Aren't cops supposed to attempt to take them into custody? If you get hurt fleeing an arrest attempt, it's on you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Not particularly interested in your smarmy justification...a copper killed a fleeing drug dealer who did not present a threat. You may think it is cool for coppers to get away with killing people who are not posing a threat...I do not.

Now ask yourself...would you get away with throwing a full esky into someone's chest and killing him. Then ask yourself would there be a reasonable chance of killing someone if you swung a full esky into them whilst they are riding a moped.

Don't be glib, don't even bother answering me...just ask yourself.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Evidently now cops just kill with total immunity. I trying to find where in the Constitution or in State Law where it says not doing as told and exactly when told is an automatic death sentence.

Might wanna check that Constitution or State Law for the Article, Section and Paragraph where selling drugs and riding a motorized vehicle on a sidewalk isn't a "threat" to the wellbeing of innocent citizens.

Oh, BTW Manny, not obeying the lawful command of a LEO is "failure to comply" and fleeing is "evading arrest". Both ARE in your "State Law" along with possessing drugs for distribution.
"Failure to comply", "evading arrest" and "selling drugs" ARE a threat to society!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Not particularly interested in your smarmy justification...a copper killed a fleeing drug dealer who did not present a threat. You may think it is cool for coppers to get away with killing people who are not posing a threat...I do not.

Now ask yourself...would you get away with throwing a full esky into someone's chest and killing him. Then ask yourself would there be a reasonable chance of killing someone if you swung a full esky into them whilst they are riding a moped.

Usually, I agree with much you say.
This time, you don't agree that the perp was endangering folks on a public sidewalk - I disagree - this was NYC, after all.
I also doubt the cop had "intent" to kill - only to stop the action.
The results were unfortunate/unfortunate, depending on your point of view.
I lean toward the fortunate side - and hold no favor for drug dealers.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H

I would worry about what your own government is doing before worrying about ours.

America’s obsession with drugs is one of the greatest threats we face as a nation, I’m not going to cry over a dealer taking a cooler to the face.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shouldn't get into this quagmire.

If a cop throwing a cooler is this bad, cops need to walk away.

I'm often critical, of policy and behavior.
But holding this cop responsible for this death?

Holy schit, you guys don't even know if it killed him?
You gonna hold the cop responsible if the cooler broke a spoke in a wheel,
causing a wreck half a block later? Or he wrecked,jumped up, tripped and hit his head.

You are acting exactly like the Travon Martin, or Michael Brown cop haters.
Totally wrong, little knowledge, totally convinced this cop should hang.

And yet many here think vigilante justice is a good thing.
This thread, the piling on.
You all would have been comfortable in Salem.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

causing a wreck half a block later? Or he wrecked,jumped up, tripped and hit his head.

Guess you didn't watch the video, eh?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
[America’s obsession with drugs is one of the greatest threats we face as a nation, I’m not going to cry over a dealer taking a cooler to the face.

America's obsession with drugs, is because of people that want ta take drugs.

Has nothin ta do with dealers.

Which was proved via Oxy.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Tacticooler

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Guess you didn't watch the video, eh?
I watched the video and thought it was funny as fugg.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cas6969
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

LMAO

Cas wins the thread

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Fubarski
[America’s obsession with drugs is one of the greatest threats we face as a nation, I’m not going to cry over a dealer taking a cooler to the face.

I agree with that, still don’t care all that much if some nerd selling drugs on his moped in New York caught a cooler in the face and died.

I find it odd that somebody from Australia is concerned with the state of America when they’re far ahead of us in the tyranny department.

Last edited by Hypocrite; 08/26/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Are you speaking of that inconvenient

Personal Responsibility?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Outstanding!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I agree with that, still don’t care all that much if some nerd selling drugs on his moped in New York caught a cooler in the face and died.

I find it odd that somebody from Australia is concerned with the state of America when they’re far ahead of us in the tyranny department.

We hold coppers that pull stunts like that accountable, and fortunately we don't seem to have the issues you have with your .gov agencies.
Possibly due to a different demographic, or it could be that our .gov agencies are a fair bit less inclined to see our citizens as prey...NO, scratch that...our highway patrol definitely have that mindset.

Do I lose sleep over the druggie...no. Do I think cops should be allowed to walk free after doing something that would land anyone else in gaol...no.

At least someone out here is interested in how America fares, because God knows that most Americans don't seem to give a toss.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

We hold coppers that pull stunts like that accountable, and fortunately we don't seem to have the issues you have with your .gov agencies.
Possibly due to a different demographic, or it could be that our .gov agencies are a fair bit less inclined to see our citizens as prey...NO, scratch that...our highway patrol definitely have that mindset.

Do I lose sleep over the druggie...no. Do I think cops should be allowed to walk free after doing something that would land anyone else in gaol...no.

At least someone out here is interested in how America fares, because God knows that most Americans don't seem to give a toss.

How many covid shots did your government mandate you take?

Pussy

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Honest question.

Do you need a license to purchase firearms down under?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Honest question.

Do you need a license to purchase firearms down under?

Probably needs a license to leave his house, they might still be locked down and getting drug off to quarantine camps...by coppers....

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 08/26/23.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 21, 160user, 70 invisible), 15,850 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,182
Posts18,543,242
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.