Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by JSTUART
[quote=10gaugemag]
Was just an honest question, never said anything about superior freedom.

Unaware that I need a license to own my land or house though.

Land taxes, rates...we have all the same crap you have and pay through the neck just like you do. It is the price for wanting to live in a society that provides benefits for it's citizens.

And if any here take umbrage at licencing, taxes, rates, etc being included together...try not paying one of them and see just how much freedom you really have.

Here or there, it makes no difference...freedom stops at the cessation of payment.

"... Freedom ends when they want to have taxes/fees on everything. ..."

Gov't isn't in business to make money. Through taxation, the Gov't provides the services necessary to maintain a safe environment for its citizens.
For decades, the Gov't subsisted on import/export fees and taxes paid by large corporations and businesses.... then politicians got greedy ... and lazy.
A lot of "Pork Barrel" spending ended up in politicians pockets through kickbacks, payoffs and under-the-table payments.

Right now, 75% of tax revenues are spent on "social programs".
So where are social programs giving me a safe environment??

Fees is another word in there.

Example. Building a new house "out in the county" as the city folks say. There is an application fee for my building permit plus the permit cost itself. Why do we need 2 separate fees?

Had to give the $175 for a culvert fee. I don't need a culvert as the drive is at the apex of the hill. Still had to give em that $175.

The list goes on.

Built a 2BR home in rural OK.
The only "permit" I needed was to construct a septic system. Since we went with a lagoon, we didn't have to pay for a "perc" test which would certainly fail in our iron hard clay soil! LOL!
The "fee" we paid was for inspection prior to use.
Passed like a champ!
No plumbing, wiring or framing inspections. No co7nty construction permits.
The county replaced the culvert under our drive.
No charge.
The phone company installed underground phone service.
No charge.
The local electric company hung a meter loop on request.
No charge.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Cop took a chance at being a hero and it went sideways on him. Probably wishes he hadn't thrown the cooler now.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Was it a Yeti "Tactical" cooler?

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 64 invisible), 16,298 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,192
Posts18,543,457
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.