Home
Posted By: STRSWilson Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
I took my 2021 Grand Cherokee SRT in for one last computer flash update before the warranty expires and I have to start paying for it. We have an older 2018 GC Overland that is reaching 80,000 miles so I was interested in seeing what Jeep has to offer. The salesdude was quick to point out the GC Hybrid which resulted in a quick no way that's happening. So the only engine option for 2024 moving forward is the Pentastar 6 and again, that ain't happening either. Chrysler/Fiat is phasing out V-8s and moving towards twin turbos (EcoBoost) and EVs.

Once SRT was finished with its software updates I stopped by the BMW place. There is an X3 M40i calling my name.

Done with Jeep.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
Better pack your bags then.
Posted By: devnull Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
They're all phasing out V8s. You couldn't give me an electric/hybrid.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
Bob is amlost done with the 47 willies, I will make hime a nice 8x10 when finished
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
The Big 3, and Toyota, had finally all developed gas V-8’s perfectly capable of making it to 250,000 miles, and most (not Toyota), capable of getting close to 20mpg in a full-size pu.

Obviously, we can’t have that, so now we’re gonna get a bunch of complicated 4 and 6 cyl turbos that conveniently start falling apart after 150k…….
Posted By: gunzo Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
Originally Posted by fburgtx
The Big 3, and Toyota, had finally all developed gas V-8’s perfectly capable of making it to 250,000 miles, and most (not Toyota), capable of getting close to 20mpg in a full-size pu.

Obviously, we can’t have that, so now we’re gonna get a bunch of complicated 4 and 6 cyl turbos that conveniently start falling apart after 150k…….

You nailed it!
Posted By: dale06 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
I gave up on Jeep after owning one Cherokee in the 90s. Long story not worth sharing.
Posted By: Hemi Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
JEEP

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
Jeep = Heap (of junk)

You couldn't give me one
Posted By: Backroads Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
lol, never trumper leaves Jeep for BMW
Did you check with your boyfriend first?
Posted By: VaHunter Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
BMW, Big Money Wasted. No BMW is designed for longevity, in fact I have read that 100,00 kilometers is there design goal with good performance the priority. During that 100,000 kilometers you will pay a premium for routine maintenance and an extreme premium for any repairs.

One of the few vehicles less reliable than a Jeep.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
Originally Posted by fburgtx

Yep the EPA has created the perfect storm - establish mandates that engineers cannot meet without designing engines that basically eat themselves after 100,000 miles. Piston rings with zero tension, turbos pushing combustion byproducts and water into the crankcase, PCV systems recirculating all that mess back into the engine. No point in designing turbos to outlast engines so make sure they fail about the same time. And then for $hits and giggles program engines to auto stop so that the starter, battery, engine, and turbos experience even more wear.

Meanwhile, Africa (and virtually all other third world countries) has a few hundred million diesel engines burning the filthiest fuel in vehicles without a DPF and associated bull$hit.

None of this make any sense.
Originally Posted by VaHunter
BMW, Big Money Wasted. No BMW is designed for longevity, in fact I have read that 100,00 kilometers is there design goal with good performance the priority. During that 100,000 kilometers you will pay a premium for routine maintenance and an extreme premium for any repairs.

Probably, but their warranty and free service for four years is hard to pass on.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
Kaiser Willis Jeep…….

The rest been downhill!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

Probably, but their warranty and free service for four years is hard to pass on.

Move to Germany and buy one there.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
CJ, XJ and ZJ, avg 200K.

Biggest issue Ive seen is rust.

The ZJs did have some electronic glitch, related to anti theft.
Lots of shops dunno how to fix that. My local guy sharp, put a reset switch in my glove box for $150.
Only needed it a few times, but dang if it didn't work.
Posted By: viking Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
Broke
My
Wallet
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
Originally Posted by dale06
I gave up on Jeep after owning one Cherokee in the 90s. Long story not worth sharing.

I'm in the same boat--except mine was a CJ 5
Posted By: reivertom Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
I took my 2021 Grand Cherokee SRT in for one last computer flash update before the warranty expires and I have to start paying for it. We have an older 2018 GC Overland that is reaching 80,000 miles so I was interested in seeing what Jeep has to offer. The salesdude was quick to point out the GC Hybrid which resulted in a quick no way that's happening. So the only engine option for 2024 moving forward is the Pentastar 6 and again, that ain't happening either. Chrysler/Fiat is phasing out V-8s and moving towards twin turbos (EcoBoost) and EVs.

Once SRT was finished with its software updates I stopped by the BMW place. There is an X3 M40i calling my name.

Done with Jeep.
Going from a Jeep to a BMW? You must not value your money the same as I do. They are both money pits, but BMW is the king of money pits.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23

Done with Jeep.

WTF Took you so long.
Originally Posted by reivertom

Done with Jeep.
Going from a Jeep to a BMW? You must not value your money the same as I do. They are both money pits, but BMW is the king of money pits.

Interesting opinion but not one that I can relate to. I've had five Jeep Grand Cherokees since the new body style in 2012. The only thing I have ever replaced on one is a battery. No service issues and have only put oil and fuel in mine. The 2018 did get some new sparkalators at 35K but beyond that nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

In comparison and the reason why I switched to Jeep was my two Chevy Tahoes had nothing but problems and I swore to never buy GM anything again.

And since everything is paid for on a BMW for 4 years, you will need to educate me on all the money I will possibly be spending on it. Again, that doesn't quite add up to the facts.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
I was done with jeep around 1990 when my girlfriend,, now wife was driving one. Biggest POS on the road.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23

Done with Jeep.
better have cash on hand. BMW repair and maintenance ain't anywhere near cheap.

We just bought a used tundra 5.7. The new ones have the small motors with twin turbos. a turbo is just one more thing to go wrong. They no longer care about longevity or cost.

Hopefully Trump gets back in and gets a lot of these stupid trends stopped.
Posted By: SKane Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23

So out of the frying pan and straight into the fire, eh?
Posted By: hanco Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
Wife’s BMW required premium gas, be careful of that
All BMW service and maintenance is included for four year as in ZERO out of pocket maintenance costs. So what is so expensive about free?

And the only vehicle I have ever kept beyond the warrant period is my current, trouble free 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I suppose I am just damn lucky.
Originally Posted by hanco

Yep and because my GC SRT is supercharged, it also eats premium.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
I’m not done with mine!

I just added the winch. Fence pulling beast!

Attached picture E5257CE8-EA82-4D88-A9D5-9922587390D5.jpeg
Attached picture 6F8A1DE4-D04A-4895-89E9-8B099614D068.jpeg
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
Originally Posted by hanco

Yep and because my GC SRT is supercharged, it also eats premium.
Then go get the beemer, what you drive, makes no difference to anyone else! Don't look for acceptance, because of what you drive, and dont brag. Both are signs of insecurity. 😎
Posted By: badger Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
The BMW gurus here need to share their opinions with the 8 BMW's that I own, as they are clearly bucking a trend here. 5 of them are complimentary loaner vehicles for my customers. The "youngest" loaner has about 130k miles on it, the most senior one has almost 270k. The loaners are driven like they were stolen, and yet with proper maintenance, they just keep on going. Of the 3 that live in my garage, I wouldn't hesitate to take any of them and drive across country (Weather permitting). I wouldn't drive my 1985 M635Csi in the snow.

I guess when you take care of things, they take care of you.

I'm clearly just lucky..........
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
Originally Posted by badger
The BMW gurus here need to share their opinions with the 8 BMW's that I own, as they are clearly bucking a trend here. 5 of them are complimentary loaner vehicles for my customers. The "youngest" loaner has about 130k miles on it, the most senior one has almost 270k. The loaners are driven like they were stolen, and yet with proper maintenance, they just keep on going. Of the 3 that live in my garage, I wouldn't hesitate to take any of them and drive across country (Weather permitting). I wouldn't drive my 1985 M635Csi in the snow.

None of your loaners are jeeps though. 😂
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
WWJD

wut wud jeter do?
Posted By: Remsen Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
I just did about $2k worth of maintenance on my 09 F150 to avoid the problem OP identifies. My truck has never given me problems and I only did basic maintenance over the years (fluid and tire changes) so I figured it was time to take it in and have everything looked at and fixed up so it can last another 15+ years. The $2k was to do a tuneup, which was very expensive thanks to the 5.4 v8, fix a leaking power steering line and fix the abs system that was no longer working, and a few other minor things.

I am a fan of plug in hybrids (had two of them) but no one sells a plug in hybrid v8 pickup in the US and I sure as hell don't want all the nanny state tech crap in a truck. It's pretty hard to find a basic pickup or SUV anymore, so fixing up old ones to keep them on the road is my plan.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
I guess i'm the odd man out, I gave up on Tundra in 2010, Chevy, around 2000, Ford just can't handle the work we do, Dodges fall apart while still running, Jeeps are not pretty, they are like driving a brick down the hi way, they are not comfortable, ride like they have square wheels, if you do 95% of your driving and working off road Jeep will do the job, when well maintained, some people have a Jeep we have 11 of them working almost every day. our oldest is a 2004 LJ, newest is 2021 Gladiator.YMMV Rio7
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
STRSWilson: I have owned several "Jeeps" - the only good one was a 1946 CJ-2A! It was one of the finest, most reliable, easy to work on, fun vehicles I have ever owned!
I wish I had never sold't it.
The VarmintWife has always thought "Jeeps" were cool and she has enticed me into letting her buy two Jeep Grand Cherokees over the years and then her latest was a Jeep "Liberty".
P.O.S. is an understatement for this gas guzzling, no room inside, expensive, pile of junk!
The ONLY good thing about it is I have repeatedly tried to get it stuck in snowbanks and snowdrifts up to 3 feet deep and when it has its studded winter tires on it it's impossible to stop that sardine can!
I don't know why.
The VarmintWifes latest Jeep is the 2,005 Jeep Liberty and I have been trying to destroy it or get her to trade that gas guzzling P.O.S. in. I even bought her a brand new whoop-dee-do Toyota 4x4 Highlander that gets GREAT mileage earlier this year. Nope - she wants to keep that Liberty as another "back-up" vehicle - like we need another vehicle - we have 7 vehicles for the two of us.
She has offered to let me use her P.O.S. Jeep Liberty for Varmint Hunting next year with my friends - and I have a feeling that "Liberty" may go Hunting but it ain't coming home - it's going to the "Train Station"!
If you know what I mean?
Yeah.... sadly, I have not been very impressed with Jeep products for the last 30+ years.
And that is a shame.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: reivertom Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23

Done with Jeep.

Interesting opinion but not one that I can relate to. I've had five Jeep Grand Cherokees since the new body style in 2012. The only thing I have ever replaced on one is a battery. No service issues and have only put oil and fuel in mine. The 2018 did get some new sparkalators at 35K but beyond that nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

In comparison and the reason why I switched to Jeep was my two Chevy Tahoes had nothing but problems and I swore to never buy GM anything again.

And since everything is paid for on a BMW for 4 years, you will need to educate me on all the money I will possibly be spending on it. Again, that doesn't quite add up to the facts.

I see....you trade them in before they start breaking down. If you buy BMWs, Mercedes, Land Rovers, Lincolns, Jeeps, and other money pits, you need to trade them in for a new one after a few years or you'll get bent over at regular intervals. I agree with you about the GM products.....pure crap in the last 15 years. When I buy a vehicle, I want to get at least 15 relatively trouble free years out of them just to make it worth the money.
Posted By: AZmark Re: Done With Jeep - 12/28/23
I've had this Jeep for over 35 +/- yrs. Still going without an "Upgrade".

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: DBT Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
They look good, I wonder if they are as bad as some say. Listening to some folks could put you off buying any model or brand of vehicle.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by DBT
They look good, I wonder if they are as bad as some say. Listening to some folks could put you off buying any model or brand of vehicle.

Truth. Some scars run deeper than others.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
There will be UAW employees starving in the street... if you do not continue to support their brokedick dreams.

"How Dare You"!
Posted By: greydog Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
We have a 25 year old TJ and like it just fine. It hauls fishing gear and camping gear and the dog likes it. GD
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
I stopped by the BMW place. There is an X3 M40i calling my name.

Done with Jeep.

You really might want to think hard about that BMW for lots of reasons, not the least of which is that the X3 is small, very small.............X5 at a minimum for any serious consideration.

I've never had any real issue with the Jeeps I've had & the current Wrangler 4dr have 90K, but Stellantis & Fiat (we deal with them in EU) are even more fu^cked up than Chrysler & Daimler was, & that's saying a lot.

MM
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23

Look at resale values.

80-100k BMWs are one of the most deprecated cars on the road.

Reason$
Posted By: Longbob Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I stopped by the BMW place. There is an X3 M40i calling my name.

Done with Jeep.

You really might want to think hard about that BMW for lots of reasons, not the least of which is that the X3 is small, very small.............X5 at a minimum for any serious consideration.

I've never had any real issue with the Jeeps I've had & the current Wrangler 4dr have 90K, but Stellantis & Fiat (we deal with them in EU) are even more fu^cked up than Chrysler & Daimler was, & that's saying a lot.

MM

I agree with the X5 suggestion for size. We have a 2017 X5 diesel with 60,000 miles on it and it has been trouble free for us so far. The maintenance plan they come with is very nice. Ours is out of it now and I do all the maintenance. It isn't that hard and far cheaper than dealership change the oil, filter, cabin, etc...
Posted By: Brokenarrow Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by greydog
We have a 25 year old TJ and like it just fine. It hauls fishing gear and camping gear and the dog likes it. GD

Same here, I wouldn't want it as a primary vehicle but it's been great for what we use it for.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: mrmarklin Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23

Done with Jeep.

Pretty much this.^^^^^^^

I have driven Jeep GCs since 1996, several iterations, and never had more than regular maintenance. My wife has had four BMW X3s since 2004. None have required more than standard maintenance. I got her the 2023 model six months ago, and it is a sophisticated revelation. Best Beemer yet.

I really like how people talk through their ass about vehicles the never owned. And most of you don’t even do the normal maintenance. Y’all think oil changes are enough.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Jeep = Heap (of junk)

You couldn't give me one

Smart man here.

Dodge/Chrysler began building disposable vehicles in 1980 as a part of their marketing ploy. Purchase of any of their products is an exercise in futility.
Posted By: bludog Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
We had a 2009 Wrangler with a manual that we traded for a CRV when I got reassigned to ATL in 2013 for a year. Traded the CRV in on another Wrangler (2016), this time with an auto, which we still own. Both of mine have been 2 doors, and I think they're great. It has a shorter turning radius than just about any other vehicle on the market, gets decent (20) mileage, rides fairly rough, not particularly quiet, and will go anywhere any sane human would want to go in a vehicle. Probably not the vehicle of choice for a cross country interstate vacation, but it is a sleeper as an urban and suburban assault vehicle. We don't need it, with a Chevy Duramax diesel crew cab, and a Mercedes suv. But neither of us seem inclined to get rid of it anytime soon. I'm not a fan of any of the other Jeeps.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
Paid $500...

BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF IT FOR 3 YEARS...

Let kids paint it at our annual oyster roast... distraction kinda thing... while the adults drank... and ates oysters.

Traded it for three pallets of ammo can and a bunch of AR-500.

Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
Everyone ought to own a Jeep during their lifetime.

Everyone wants or has wanted one.

I've had 3. They were decent. But after getting rid of my last one, and realizing that you can actually drive down the highway in a vehicle and hear someone sitting next to you talk without humongous road noise whiting them out, I determined that that was my last Jeep.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by badger

You mean just run it to Jiffy Lube every 10k and rotate tires ? grin I doubt very few people read their owners manual these days except to set the driving controls.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by Backroads
lol, never trumper leaves Jeep for BMW
Did you check with your boyfriend first?

Is the OP a never Trumper? If so that would explain his pisspoor choice in vehicles.
Posted By: AZmark Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Jeep = Heap (of junk)

You couldn't give me one

Smart man here.

Dodge/Chrysler began building disposable vehicles in 1980 as a part of their marketing ploy. Purchase of any of their products is an exercise in futility.

Yep...I had one! One of Lee Iacoca's K cars. My first experience in owning a disposable car.....I replaced pistons in it twice before waking up.
Posted By: tzone Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
I was done with Jeep after one quick 5 month experiment. lol. We had a 2021 GC and that was enough.
Posted By: k22hornet Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
We had a 1984 Cherokee, with the 2.8, drove it and towed a pop-up trailer, all around the West. Bought it with about 60,000 miles and sold it with 160,000 miles on it. Only issue was a water pump.

Then bought a 1995, with the 4.0, with about 50,000 on it and sold it with about 150,000 miles on it. One water pump and a distributor.

Then bought a 2012 Liberty with the 3.7, which had about 50,000 miles on it, just sold it this year with 100,000 on it. Replaced the A/C blend door motor on it.

Then, we bought a 2022 Wrangler with the 2.0 Turbo, and 12,500 miles on the clock. It overheated on the prior owner and warped the head and block. We got a brand new long block in it, courtesy the warranty, and now has 18,000 miles on it.

I find Jeeps to be very reliable.
Posted By: ERK Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
My wife’s 2020 GC has been trouble free so far. About 60000 miles. My 6.2 Chevy pickup with under 70000 just cost me 5000 for an engine lifter repair.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by colorado bob

SAME on a Cherokee. Last POS I'll ever buy from Jeep.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/29/23
I have a 83 Cj 7 straight six… summer / beach vehicle that runs great.. not fond of the new ones, In my opinion there are better options in that price range.
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/30/23
If you think Jeeps and BMW are bad try Volvo ,just went for a state inspection only 45k miles on her need to replace a broken coil spring,timing belt+ tension pulley,bushings and brakes all four $5200.00
I WILL STICK WITH MY FORDS
Posted By: ingwe Re: Done With Jeep - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by garddogg56
If you think Jeeps and BMW are bad try Volvo ,just went for a state inspection only 45k miles on her need to replace a broken coil spring,timing belt+ tension pulley,bushings and brakes all four $5200.00

Let me see if I'm getting this...

the STATE tells you when you have to get car repairs?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Done With Jeep - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by ingwe

Poobah,

It's a thing Back East
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Done With Jeep - 12/30/23
The new jeep inline 6 has plasma deposited liners on the aluminum block. No iron sleeves. I hope they hold up better than a chevy Vega. Ford went the same route on their coyote v8 claiming it save 8 pounds of weight. I'd still prefer the iron liners and live with the extra 8 pounds. I'm sure it just saves them some money and builds in more obsolescence.

Bb
Posted By: Riverhawk Re: Done With Jeep - 12/30/23
Sa
Originally Posted by colorado bob

SAME on a Cherokee. Last POS I'll ever buy from Jeep.

Same here after a couple of Wranglers - wife had a thing for soft top jeeps.......both were full of rattles and squeaks and burning oil before 80k - and I am meticulous about regular maintenance, mostly highway miles and nothing coming close to real off road use. Unfortunately, my experience has been similar with most domestic vehicles I have owned over the years with the exception of a Ford Super Duty F250 - that sumbitch was going strong at 275k when I sold it. I've been driving Tacoma's for the last 17 years and the most significant repair has been wheel bearings at very high miles and a belt tensioner arm.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Done With Jeep - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by greydog
Yep, I had one for 20 years with no serious problems. Broke a few things rock crawling but that’s to be expected. No electrical or power train issues. That 4.0 six is a great motor.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/30/23
Just replaced a 4.0 inline 6 in a 1993 sierra with 340,000 ranch miles on it hell of a motor, like i said before we don't drive Jeeps on the hi-way once we bring a Jeep on the ranch we don't license or insure them, if you expect a Jeep to be a car it will probably be a disappointment, they don't make the best hi-way cars. Rio7
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/30/23
My daughter went to buy a new vehicle in 2015. She asked me which one to buy, 4Runner or Jeep? I told her to stay away from the Jeep at all cost. Fast forward to today. Her daily driver is a 2020 4Runner. The 2015 Jeep is basically a driveway ornament. She simply drives the Toyota and wishes she had the money to fix, yet again, the Jeep.

She moved to Morgan, UT where the Jeep is a toy for short trips into the mountains, but that's all. Dependable and Jeep are never spoken in the same sentence.

She asked me last week what I would do to fix the Jeep. I told her I would pull the junky motor out and replace it with either a 4.8 LS or old school 350 with fuel injection.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Done With Jeep - 12/30/23

I see people buy new Volvos left and right, sounds like the Dealer charged you at least double if not more for that work. Hopefully you disposed of it ASAP.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Done With Jeep - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Poobah,

It's a thing Back East

Jesus...add this to the list of why you are NOT living in a free country.
Posted By: Teal Re: Done With Jeep - 12/30/23
I find it odd a state inspection would cover timing belt and that it needs changing at 45k.

State inspection is usually safety items and/or emissions.

How do you break a coil spring in 45k on a passenger car as well? That's not a common repair much less within 45k miles.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Done With Jeep - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by Teal
I find it odd a state inspection would cover timing belt and that it needs changing at 45k.

State inspection is usually safety items and/or emissions.

How do you break a coil spring in 45k on a passenger car as well? That's not a common repair much less within 45k miles.

I would have thought so too, most likely a timing issue which threw the emissions tester the nazis use to hell. Coil spring maybe they used biodegradable coil springs to save the environment.

It was nice to live in Florida with no state inspection.
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: Done With Jeep - 12/31/23

My Mom gave me the car after the state took my 90 yo fathers license away.It is ten years old but only 45k on the odometer.I took it for the state inspection and never thought it would fail breaks felt great ,apparently Volvo requires the belt be changed at 10 yo..me and my buddies put her in the garage ,the brakes and disk have surface rust from sitting but plenty of meat,the bushings seem ok .I have to research the timing belt but what a mother to get to.
So in Maine you have to pass a state inspection every year,NEVER go to a dealership for this EVER...
PS we can't find the broken coil spring,I'm going to pay an hours Labor to the dealership to show me where the break is😡
© 24hourcampfire