Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I took my 2021 Grand Cherokee SRT in for one last computer flash update before the warranty expires and I have to start paying for it. We have an older 2018 GC Overland that is reaching 80,000 miles so I was interested in seeing what Jeep has to offer. The salesdude was quick to point out the GC Hybrid which resulted in a quick no way that's happening. So the only engine option for 2024 moving forward is the Pentastar 6 and again, that ain't happening either. Chrysler/Fiat is phasing out V-8s and moving towards twin turbos (EcoBoost) and EVs.

Once SRT was finished with its software updates I stopped by the BMW place. There is an X3 M40i calling my name.

Done with Jeep.
Going from a Jeep to a BMW? You must not value your money the same as I do. They are both money pits, but BMW is the king of money pits.

Interesting opinion but not one that I can relate to. I've had five Jeep Grand Cherokees since the new body style in 2012. The only thing I have ever replaced on one is a battery. No service issues and have only put oil and fuel in mine. The 2018 did get some new sparkalators at 35K but beyond that nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

In comparison and the reason why I switched to Jeep was my two Chevy Tahoes had nothing but problems and I swore to never buy GM anything again.

And since everything is paid for on a BMW for 4 years, you will need to educate me on all the money I will possibly be spending on it. Again, that doesn't quite add up to the facts.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I was done with jeep around 1990 when my girlfriend,, now wife was driving one. Biggest POS on the road.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I took my 2021 Grand Cherokee SRT in for one last computer flash update before the warranty expires and I have to start paying for it. We have an older 2018 GC Overland that is reaching 80,000 miles so I was interested in seeing what Jeep has to offer. The salesdude was quick to point out the GC Hybrid which resulted in a quick no way that's happening. So the only engine option for 2024 moving forward is the Pentastar 6 and again, that ain't happening either. Chrysler/Fiat is phasing out V-8s and moving towards twin turbos (EcoBoost) and EVs.

Once SRT was finished with its software updates I stopped by the BMW place. There is an X3 M40i calling my name.

Done with Jeep.
better have cash on hand. BMW repair and maintenance ain't anywhere near cheap.

We just bought a used tundra 5.7. The new ones have the small motors with twin turbos. a turbo is just one more thing to go wrong. They no longer care about longevity or cost.

Hopefully Trump gets back in and gets a lot of these stupid trends stopped.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So out of the frying pan and straight into the fire, eh?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Wife’s BMW required premium gas, be careful of that

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
All BMW service and maintenance is included for four year as in ZERO out of pocket maintenance costs. So what is so expensive about free?

And the only vehicle I have ever kept beyond the warrant period is my current, trouble free 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I suppose I am just damn lucky.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco

Yep and because my GC SRT is supercharged, it also eats premium.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m not done with mine!

I just added the winch. Fence pulling beast!

Attached Images
Last edited by Angus1895; 12/28/23.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by hanco

Yep and because my GC SRT is supercharged, it also eats premium.
Then go get the beemer, what you drive, makes no difference to anyone else! Don't look for acceptance, because of what you drive, and dont brag. Both are signs of insecurity. 😎

Last edited by Heym06; 12/28/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The BMW gurus here need to share their opinions with the 8 BMW's that I own, as they are clearly bucking a trend here. 5 of them are complimentary loaner vehicles for my customers. The "youngest" loaner has about 130k miles on it, the most senior one has almost 270k. The loaners are driven like they were stolen, and yet with proper maintenance, they just keep on going. Of the 3 that live in my garage, I wouldn't hesitate to take any of them and drive across country (Weather permitting). I wouldn't drive my 1985 M635Csi in the snow.

I guess when you take care of things, they take care of you.

I'm clearly just lucky..........

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by badger
The BMW gurus here need to share their opinions with the 8 BMW's that I own, as they are clearly bucking a trend here. 5 of them are complimentary loaner vehicles for my customers. The "youngest" loaner has about 130k miles on it, the most senior one has almost 270k. The loaners are driven like they were stolen, and yet with proper maintenance, they just keep on going. Of the 3 that live in my garage, I wouldn't hesitate to take any of them and drive across country (Weather permitting). I wouldn't drive my 1985 M635Csi in the snow.

I guess when you take care of things, they take care of you.

I'm clearly just lucky..........

None of your loaners are jeeps though. 😂

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
WWJD

wut wud jeter do?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I just did about $2k worth of maintenance on my 09 F150 to avoid the problem OP identifies. My truck has never given me problems and I only did basic maintenance over the years (fluid and tire changes) so I figured it was time to take it in and have everything looked at and fixed up so it can last another 15+ years. The $2k was to do a tuneup, which was very expensive thanks to the 5.4 v8, fix a leaking power steering line and fix the abs system that was no longer working, and a few other minor things.

I am a fan of plug in hybrids (had two of them) but no one sells a plug in hybrid v8 pickup in the US and I sure as hell don't want all the nanny state tech crap in a truck. It's pretty hard to find a basic pickup or SUV anymore, so fixing up old ones to keep them on the road is my plan.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I guess i'm the odd man out, I gave up on Tundra in 2010, Chevy, around 2000, Ford just can't handle the work we do, Dodges fall apart while still running, Jeeps are not pretty, they are like driving a brick down the hi way, they are not comfortable, ride like they have square wheels, if you do 95% of your driving and working off road Jeep will do the job, when well maintained, some people have a Jeep we have 11 of them working almost every day. our oldest is a 2004 LJ, newest is 2021 Gladiator.YMMV Rio7

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
STRSWilson: I have owned several "Jeeps" - the only good one was a 1946 CJ-2A! It was one of the finest, most reliable, easy to work on, fun vehicles I have ever owned!
I wish I had never sold't it.
The VarmintWife has always thought "Jeeps" were cool and she has enticed me into letting her buy two Jeep Grand Cherokees over the years and then her latest was a Jeep "Liberty".
P.O.S. is an understatement for this gas guzzling, no room inside, expensive, pile of junk!
The ONLY good thing about it is I have repeatedly tried to get it stuck in snowbanks and snowdrifts up to 3 feet deep and when it has its studded winter tires on it it's impossible to stop that sardine can!
I don't know why.
The VarmintWifes latest Jeep is the 2,005 Jeep Liberty and I have been trying to destroy it or get her to trade that gas guzzling P.O.S. in. I even bought her a brand new whoop-dee-do Toyota 4x4 Highlander that gets GREAT mileage earlier this year. Nope - she wants to keep that Liberty as another "back-up" vehicle - like we need another vehicle - we have 7 vehicles for the two of us.
She has offered to let me use her P.O.S. Jeep Liberty for Varmint Hunting next year with my friends - and I have a feeling that "Liberty" may go Hunting but it ain't coming home - it's going to the "Train Station"!
If you know what I mean?
Yeah.... sadly, I have not been very impressed with Jeep products for the last 30+ years.
And that is a shame.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by reivertom

Done with Jeep.
Going from a Jeep to a BMW? You must not value your money the same as I do. They are both money pits, but BMW is the king of money pits.

Interesting opinion but not one that I can relate to. I've had five Jeep Grand Cherokees since the new body style in 2012. The only thing I have ever replaced on one is a battery. No service issues and have only put oil and fuel in mine. The 2018 did get some new sparkalators at 35K but beyond that nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

In comparison and the reason why I switched to Jeep was my two Chevy Tahoes had nothing but problems and I swore to never buy GM anything again.

And since everything is paid for on a BMW for 4 years, you will need to educate me on all the money I will possibly be spending on it. Again, that doesn't quite add up to the facts.

I see....you trade them in before they start breaking down. If you buy BMWs, Mercedes, Land Rovers, Lincolns, Jeeps, and other money pits, you need to trade them in for a new one after a few years or you'll get bent over at regular intervals. I agree with you about the GM products.....pure crap in the last 15 years. When I buy a vehicle, I want to get at least 15 relatively trouble free years out of them just to make it worth the money.

Last edited by reivertom; 12/28/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had this Jeep for over 35 +/- yrs. Still going without an "Upgrade".

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
They look good, I wonder if they are as bad as some say. Listening to some folks could put you off buying any model or brand of vehicle.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by DBT
They look good, I wonder if they are as bad as some say. Listening to some folks could put you off buying any model or brand of vehicle.

Truth. Some scars run deeper than others.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There will be UAW employees starving in the street... if you do not continue to support their brokedick dreams.

"How Dare You"!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (anothergun, 6MMWASP, BB3, ar33c9, 7mm_Loco, 10Glocks, 8 invisible), 1,343 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,522
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.