Home
Bristoe brought up an interesting point in another post.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
A storm is brewing. It might just blow America away. A big part of it has been blown away already.

The only good news is, the U.S.A. is a big place. If you're smart you'll get your ass established in one of the better places to weather the storm. Some can. Some don't have the means to do so. But everybody who *can* better do it as soon as possible.

It might take some sacrifice to get it done. But a planned sacrifice is much preferable to a forced sacrifice.

Lets get some good ideas going. Where would you go or recommend to live your remaining days in relative peace and security and why you choose the location you do ?

For me , I am well content in northern missouri. Rural area , few people , lots of natural resources out my front and back doors. Like minded folks and conservative county and elected officials.
It's on a county-by-county basis these days, with certain states being a no-go altogether. Certain counties in Texas are no damn good.
Don’t assume the communists will leave us to live as we like. Their jealousy over our better lifestyle will drive them to create misery for us. It will take them a while, but it will be their goal to do as much damage to us as possible. If we had the backbone of our forefathers we wouldn’t have to worry about it.
Liddieville Louisiana
Sadly, some on here are eager and willing to accept it, especially if it means getting even with Trump for hurting their feelers or confiscating what the rich earn.
been thinking about this more and more.

don't see any reasonable way to do it now but in 2 years I'm going to be looking pretty hard at a number of factors, including the likelihood of me being accessible to illegals and Norwegians. I'm pretty insulated now but insulated and isolated are two different things.
Originally Posted by KFWA
been thinking about this more and more.

don't see any reasonable way to do it now but in 2 years I'm going to be looking pretty hard at a number of factors, including the likelihood of me being accessible to illegals and Norwegians. I'm pretty insulated now but insulated and isolated are two different things.

good point.
Originally Posted by MrWilson

A storm is brewing. It might just blow America away. A big part of it has been blown away already.

The only good news is, the U.S.A. is a big place. If you're smart you'll get your ass established in one of the better places to weather the storm. Some can. Some don't have the means to do so. But everybody who *can* better do it as soon as possible.

It might take some sacrifice to get it done. But a planned sacrifice is much preferable to a forced sacrifice.

Bristoe is having the time of his life with you guys. Predicting the End Of The Republic as we know it has been a favorite pastime of the Bristoes of the world shortly after the ink dried on the final draft of the Constitution.

I must admit I didn’t fathom how much SteveNO kept Bristoe in check during the earlier years on the ‘fire…
MrWilson: I feel pretty safe from the woes you worry about. I am here in SW Montana in a very traditional valued county (state) with low taxes, much respect for the law and very few demonrats.
It is sad that anyone in this once great country has to worry about being victimized by their government and the hordes and legions of criminals, wefare rats, illegal aliens and criminal politicians!
I do worry about the future of this country.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by MrWilson

Bristle is having the time of his life with you guys. Predicting the End Of The Republic as we know it has been a favorite pastime of the Bristoes of the world shortly after the ink dried on the final draft of the Constitution.

I must admit I didn’t fathom how much SteveNO kept Bristoe in check during the earlier years on the ‘fire…

Bristle knows the Cabals plan, but he's getting old and forgetful and can't connect the dots.

He forgot there is a new Sheriff in town and believes Fake Nues saying Biden is in charge.
Any red county (with at least two more red counties "safe space" separating from blue counties) in any red state.
Easy NO's: HI, CA, WA, OR, IL, NY, NJ, DE, VA, MA.
Appalachian mountains like Ted Kazinski
If the Argentinian President keeps up the good work it might be a option. Argentina is definitely on my list of places to visit in the very neat future for bird hunting, fishing, and of course the BBQ. If I had more notice I would have traveled there to support my friend in her competition
You'll find me on the Old Edgerton Highway. Kenny Lake has no property taxes. We are considered to be the "special people" by the feds. I can bugout to my private inholding in Wrangell St. Elias if it gets really bad-think Surprise Valley in the Riders of the Purple Sage. A run of reds and kings. Good Moose and a population of sheep and mountain goats. Enough berries and flowers to support my bees.
James Wesley Rawley used to promote a mass migration of like minded individuals to Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and the eastern portions of Oregon and Washington, the “American redoubt”

The appalachians have plenty of large swaths where a person could go unbothered for many more years.
The only real choice now besides dying is to get back off the road and away from society as far as possible and live your life.
All we have down here in KY is toothless banjo players..........so nobody needs to come here!......especially refugees from blue states.....
I’m staying put
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith

He lived in a cabin in Lincoln, MT.
I bought the Third ed. a decade ago.... and I still haven't put down roots. Great book with lots of information, and between it, city-data.com it's easy to stay clear of the troubled areas.

https://www.amazon.com/Strategic-Relocation-American-Places-Fourth-dp-1735015407/dp/1735015407
West Virginia is a liberal cesspool... it is best not to come here.

I heard New Jersey is really nice though...
Originally Posted by jackmountain
James Wesley Rawley used to promote a mass migration of like minded individuals to Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and the eastern portions of Oregon and Washington, the “American redoubt”

The appalachians have plenty of large swaths where a person could go unbothered for many more years.
The only real choice now besides dying is to get back off the road and away from society as far as possible and live your life.
Much of those states is too cold for many of us. At 58 years old with an autoimmune disorder and an Alabama native that would practically be a death sentence. Might as well just go ahead and die at home instead of trying to claw for survival in an ice cube.
Originally Posted by Hudge

I'll be damned. For some reason I always thought it was somewhere in the Appalachian Trail. Either way, same still applies but different location with a cabin in the woods.
I think that if you are not where you need to be and kitted up, very shortly, you will not get there. The time for thinking about it is over. The time for doing is now. Your mileage may vary.
you could get lost in Appalachia

Utah also

Just bring water...........and ammo

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Stay high off the creek bed floor

Desert sheep.....rabbits......snakes on the menu........maybe a raven

At 59 I’m just gonna ride it out here in South Louisiana. 11 acres of my own, and around 100 or so with some like minded folks we have chickens, bees, deer, rabbits, know how to grow our own vegetables, one neighbor has a few head of cattle and a hog or two amongst us…………we won’t make till the end, but we can fight for a while.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Utah also

Love the pictures, beautiful country...but I'm afraid I'd go nuts without a lake every 20 miles or so and a bunch of hardwoods
Originally Posted by kappa8
Any red county (with at least two more red counties "safe space" separating from blue counties) in any red state.

I'd add MN, WI, MI, NM, CO to that list.

Considering adding PA, ME, RI, CT, VT, NH.
Run away and leave your women and the old people to do your fighting.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

A decade ago I would’ve put up a solid argument for NH. Right now, we’re still fine…….but the writing is on the wall.
I won’t be here after retirement. I had plans on someplace with better hunting, but always figured NH would be ‘home’. As time has gone on, that’s unlikely.

George
Wrong...he was in Montana!

There are a lot of places in the US where a person could "get lost", but the reality of that doesn't line up well with the romanticism of it even under whatever SHTF scenario people envision. Eric Rudolph, George Robert Johnston, Uncle Ted, Forest Anon....some tiny number have done it but at a pretty high cost very few are willing to accept.

I don't think the US will continue on its current path but if it does, hiding in the wilderness will not be an option.
I wasn't saying someone should go feral. I meant there is alot of land that people don't have interest going to
Dumbfounded yankys get lost regular on the AP trail around here
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Exactly. Funny reading all comments on where is best to flee to. If it comes to it (which I don't think will happen in my lifetime) I guess I'll die in the yard surrounded by a pile of hot brass.
I always heard that offense was the best defense. Why would we be the ones running?
I'm about as set as I can be, I guess. My thoughts on the matter is to be close enough to civilization to get what you need but far enough off the beaten path for anybody to pay much attention to.

I think this situation will last me as long as I need it to.
Hahaha!

Yeah. Real remote in a suburb of Lexington.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Utah also

Love the pictures, beautiful country...but I'm afraid I'd go nuts without a lake every 20 miles or so and a bunch of hardwoods

I grew up in west PA

Rather have my balls pounded with a wooden hammer than live there now

We have lakes at all elevations............all on public land

Hahaha!

I don't live in the suburbs. But around here the Lexington urbanites have no interest in running around out in the countryside--and it's not without good reason. Most of Kentucky is rural. The rural folks really don't care much for the people in Lexington. It's been that way for a long, long time.

It's something you learn if you move to Lexington from the sticks--like I did back in the 70s.

I don't make it a point to tell the people out here that I moved here from Lexington. Nothing good comes from it.

Some dummies think that they have found a gringo's paradise even though a paved road runs in front of their house.

Others plan on hiding in the wilderness forgetting that the jews will tell the nigras where to find them.

You, J.C. have found that spot where the savages will just say well hell no I ain't goin' there. Your tribe may repopulate the earth.

LOL I love these threads.

mike r
Hahaha!

I don't live in the suburbs. But around here the Lexington urbanites have no interest in running around out in the countryside--and it's not without good reason. Most of Kentucky is rural. The rural folks really don't care much for the people in Lexington. It's been that way for a long, long time.

It's something you learn if you move to Lexington from the sticks--like I did back in the 70s.

I don't make it a point to tell the people out here that I moved here from Lexington. Nothing good comes from it.

Hahaha!

I would believe that.

Like moving east in Montana from Kalispell.

You just don't tell people that.
You can run but there is no place to hide for what is coming.
Hagakure, Book 1:

“The way of the Samurai is found in death…This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai. If by setting one’s heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he gains freedom in the Way. His whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling.”

Find a quiet place wirh water available, where you can raise a garden and store supplies and be happy. Look for good neighbors.
Otherwise see above.
Originally Posted by super T

Yep. If you think you can hide from what is coming you are fooling yourself.
I'm not going anywhere. My family is here. Doesn't mean I'll bend the knee.
Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by super T

Yep. If you think you can hide from what is coming you are fooling yourself.

And that would be?

The superbowl?
Bread and Circuses.
My wife grew up in McCreary County, KY. It's just down on the KY/TN border.

It took the better part of a decade for me to start fitting in. I had the wrong last name (it was furn sounding) I had the wrong accent. I was the wrong religion (Methodist was not Protestant enough). It took the passing of my Mother in Law to really get them to realize I was an alright kind of guy. Taking care of her at the end showed them I was of the right stuff.

The Big South Fork Region is one of those places where you can go in pretty easy, but getting out is the problem. You have to have everything in one sock before you open your mouth. It is the last place I would want to bluster into. However, with the proper attitude and the proper family connections, it is the safest place in the world that I have found.

The county where my farm is on the other end of the Commonwealth. It is cosmopolitan compared to KYHillChick's home. However, it has somewhat the same vibe about what it does with its strangers. There are a small number of surnames scattered all over the county. The funny last name thing is not a problem, because Germans settled there in the mid 19th century and my surname is therefore not suspect. Still, it's only been in the past 5 years that I have started to actually mingle with the locals. I finally found a friend that took me around and introduced me. I stopped being regarded as an outsider and my farm stopped being referred to as The Old Ramsey place and instead started being associated with my name. This all took about 20 years.

Somebody once asked how I could feel safe, being so close to Cincinnati. My response went something like "You know when you've got a big ol' fish tank, there's always one big fish that never comes out during the day. However, if you put in new fish, you'll turn off the lights and there'll be no new fish by morning. That's kinda how it is with my neighbors. It's 63 miles from Fountain Square, and by the time you get out my way, it's one little house back a long driveway after another. Inside that house lives a big fish that you never see.

"I live at the end of a 2-mile road, and it's two miles more to the state route, and then 3 more miles to the next, and so on. There are little houses all along the way, and you have to pass all those big fish before you get to my place. You'll never make the whole trip in a day, and after nightfall, you're going to meet the big fish and see what I mean."

One other quick story: In 1862, the Confederates came up this way as part of their move on Cincinnati. The idea was to send a regiment of cavalry to Augusta, ford the Ohio at a shallow spot and then move on Cincinnati from the east. This would be a diversion for the main thrust coming from the south. They made it as far as Augusta, and the Union sent a gun boat down to bombard the Rebs, but it quickly ran out of ammunition and set off back down river to re-supply. The home guard of Augusta, a total of 125, men held off the regiment and their two cannon until the Rebs had to go house to house. Some of the houses were set alight by the action and a few of the guards burned alive. Though the Home Guard finally ran out of ammunition and gave up, it so wrecked the plan that the crossing of the Ohio River at Augusta was called off and the Second Confederate Cavalry of Kentucky had to retreat back south.

This is kind of stuff my neighbors are made of. I don't have any worries.
It was eric rudolph they found in north carolina mountains, not far from where i live
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
Much of those states is too cold for many of us. At 58 years old with an autoimmune disorder and an Alabama native that would practically be a death sentence. Might as well just go ahead and die at home instead of trying to claw for survival in an ice cube.

That is the conundrum. The best places to be totally safe from others are places so inhospitable that nobody wants to live there or even go there. That means harsh living conditions and limited medical, dental and vision care. Is it worth it? Most people will pick some in-between place and call it good. But, if you’ve ever watched those social faux-reality shows where they vote people off the literal or figurative island every week, people’s ethics get very situational and fluid when their butt is on the line.

Originally Posted by Hudge
I'll be damned. For some reason I always thought it was somewhere in the Appalachian Trail. Either way, same still applies but different location with a cabin in the woods.

That’s a great selling point. “Ted Kazinski either did or could have lived here.” I guess that’s substantially better than having Alferd Packer for a neighbor.
Some times you find a spot where you would risk your life to defend your neighbors and vice versa.
Doesn't occur very often and is not specific to certain areas.
Originally Posted by shaman

It took the better part of a decade for me to start fitting in. I had the wrong last name (it was furn sounding) I had the wrong accent. I was the wrong religion (Methodist was not Protestant enough). It took the passing of my Mother in Law to really get them to realize I was an alright kind of guy. Taking care of her at the end showed them I was of the right stuff.

The Big South Fork Region is one of those places where you can go in pretty easy, but getting out is the problem. You have to have everything in one sock before you open your mouth. It is the last place I would want to bluster into. However, with the proper attitude and the proper family connections, it is the safest place in the world that I have found.

The county where my farm is on the other end of the Commonwealth. It is cosmopolitan compared to KYHillChick's home. However, it has somewhat the same vibe about what it does with its strangers. There are a small number of surnames scattered all over the county. The funny last name thing is not a problem, because Germans settled there in the mid 19th century and my surname is therefore not suspect. Still, it's only been in the past 5 years that I have started to actually mingle with the locals. I finally found a friend that took me around and introduced me. I stopped being regarded as an outsider and my farm stopped being referred to as The Old Ramsey place and instead started being associated with my name. This all took about 20 years.

Somebody once asked how I could feel safe, being so close to Cincinnati. My response went something like "You know when you've got a big ol' fish tank, there's always one big fish that never comes out during the day. However, if you put in new fish, you'll turn off the lights and there'll be no new fish by morning. That's kinda how it is with my neighbors. It's 63 miles from Fountain Square, and by the time you get out my way, it's one little house back a long driveway after another. Inside that house lives a big fish that you never see.

"I live at the end of a 2-mile road, and it's two miles more to the state route, and then 3 more miles to the next, and so on. There are little houses all along the way, and you have to pass all those big fish before you get to my place. You'll never make the whole trip in a day, and after nightfall, you're going to meet the big fish and see what I mean."

One other quick story: In 1862, the Confederates came up this way as part of their move on Cincinnati. The idea was to send a regiment of cavalry to Augusta, ford the Ohio at a shallow spot and then move on Cincinnati from the east. This would be a diversion for the main thrust coming from the south. They made it as far as Augusta, and the Union sent a gun boat down to bombard the Rebs, but it quickly ran out of ammunition and set off back down river to re-supply. The home guard of Augusta, a total of 125, men held off the regiment and their two cannon until the Rebs had to go house to house. Some of the houses were set alight by the action and a few of the guards burned alive. Though the Home Guard finally ran out of ammunition and gave up, it so wrecked the plan that the crossing of the Ohio River at Augusta was called off and the Second Confederate Cavalry of Kentucky had to retreat back south.

You need to worry about the fact that your neighbors have a habit of fighting for the wrong side.
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Some dummies think that they have found a gringo's paradise even though a paved road runs in front of their house.

Others plan on hiding in the wilderness forgetting that the jews will tell the nigras where to find them.

You, J.C. have found that spot where the savages will just say well hell no I ain't goin' there. Your tribe may repopulate the earth.

LOL I love these threads.

mike r

Hahahaha Hahahaha

The Black Hebrew's
If you can handle it, Wyoming.

Pa is more than good to go. Only filthadelphia and chittsburgh are the issues. Theres a reason the area i reside in is nicknamed pennsyltuckey
Hahaha!

I am about an hour from Lexington, pretty rural out where iam, don't see it changing anytime soon, only gripe I have is most of KY is tied into a public water source, not a good thing in my opinion.
Originally Posted by 5thShock
If you can handle it, Wyoming.

It's pretty rough where I live. People will wait in line to get into an Olive Garden because they think it is fine dining.
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Pa is more than good to go. Only filthadelphia and chittsburgh are the issues. Theres a reason the area i reside in is nicknamed pennsyltuckey

I was near Redding 6 months ago. Dont forget fetterman. It makes the list for a reason.
X2
Red Boiling Springs, TN
Densely populated states are best avoided... if they are blue states kiss your azz goodbye
I am fine with my two places.

Maybe during the daytime...............at night just look for the lights

[Linked Image from petapixel.com]

Lights = people. Lots of lights = lots of people in close proximity.

SHTF people in close proximity = problems, lots of problems.

I see a BIG dark area around where I live. So dark it's recognized worldwide even as a star viewing spot.
Originally Posted by irfubar
Densely populated sates are best avoided... if they are blue states kiss your azz goodbye
Yeah, your spot looks pretty dark too.
I’d rather die amongst my family and friends than run away from the city I was born in to play with an old Ford tractor.
Not going anywhere, I will ride it out right here. Of course. Geno just showed, I'm in the dark, so what do I know.
most of the states listed as no go's just have population centers that make them "blue" illinois is a good example. cook county (chicago) has most of the population, but the rest of the state is extremely red. The big cities will eat themselves. set up "check points" on the arterial roads coming out, and you can run the rats back in.
I asked my friend in South Africa if he wanted me to help him move here last year. He said no, that they were about to have it out there and then things would be better there.

He said the way the US is going you may one day have to send your kids here to go to university because they won't be allowed into one in the US because they are white. This was after I told him how our family had to sponsor a white south African kid to come to school here because the ANCs race laws wouldn't let him into a school there. Even though he was born when Mandela was president and was never a part of aparthied.

He made a pretty good point that there really is no were to run to anymore and that it's time to just have it out with the communists and start fixing things everywhere. I've been encouraged by Argentina and Italy, and even Holland elected a conservative. I'm not sure what's up in New Zealand now but the crazy leftist globalist girl is out and I think they're swinging back conservative. I kind of wish there was one place left where conservatives could gather but the leftists always manage to find there way in. I think it's best to just keep getting the word out on how bad leftist ideas really are.

We just need to start playing the long game like they've been doing and start teaching the younger generations the dangers and history of collectivist ideas and policies. Conservatives by nature just want to be left alone to build a life for themselves and their families. Leftist Marxist types are distructive revolutionaries who just want to disrupt and tear things down. Rather than built themselves a good life they'd rather tear others down to their level. Where ever people go to work hard and build a good life envious parasites will show up to tear it down.

A good defense will never be enough. We need to figure out a good offense. A good start would be taking our kids educations back and out of the hands of Marxists and other satanists. Unfortunately, I think things will have to get really bad before many people are willing to listen.

So it's not a bad idea to be prepared and try to live in an area with as many like minded people while we get though the coming tough times. I turned down a good career opportunity in Fresno 6 years ago because it was important for me not to try to raise my kids in a place like that. I can't think of many places in the US better to ride things out than eastern idaho but we've still got some problems like democrats and their ideas here too.

Bb
Once those blue cities run out of food they are going to come out of there hungry, killing with no qualms.
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
Once those blue cities run out of food they are going to come out of there hungry, killing with no qualms.

Many of them will die in the process too.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Densely populated sates are best avoided... if they are blue states kiss your azz goodbye

It's almost like we planned it that way.... wink
We are ahead of the curve brother Geno
most places aren't going to be much fun without gasoline, 'lectric, and a gen'ral store of some kind. post office and innanet would be good, too.

already got a library card.
A more immediate concern is to not be where the illegals are headed. The O'Hare terminal in Chicago is a homeless camp. There's others.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1700567205815939448
Originally Posted by Heym06
Not going anywhere, I will ride it out right here. Of course. Geno just showed, I'm in the dark, so what do I know.
Lots of taters, garlic, and stuff growing near us too. I bet there's more than, or nearly more, beeves in my county than people. A few thousand wild horses too, I hear they taste OK.

Water near enough we can haul it by hand if we run out of gas for the generator for the well. Screw "water rights" downstream too. I'll make a pond in our seasonal creek to save walking for part of the year. Deer come through the yard couple of times a week.

We both know that the few roads into this area from the big cities are easy enough to block.

I think we might do OK for a bit.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

It's almost like we planned it that way.... wink
We are ahead of the curve brother Geno
Sorta kinda, eh?

Things get dicey I'm going to have to get a bigger puppy from some of the neighbors though. The whippets can get noisy but they ain't much for a deterrent .
Originally Posted by CashisKing

LOL
I live in the most isolated county seat in the lower 48. In that county, which is somewhat smaller than Connecticut, I live 20 miles down a gravel/gumbo road from the only town. I think I'll be OK.
We live in a very red area in a blue state. Douglas County has about 112,000 people in 5,000 sq miles, and those people voted about 70% for Trump. We have good county commissioners, sheriff and district attorney. No worries there. For us personally, we live on our 300 acres surrounded by 1000s of acres of forest land. Weather is moderate, our big town (20,000) is about 35 miles away. We have good neighbors (the nearest over the ridge and about 1/2 mile away) and we look after one another. So for us, this is a great place to live since we don't have to escape.
Every location is different. But all the districts that surround me as well as the one I live in, Trump won easily. Wherever you go, draw a 40 mile circle around it. That all should be clear. That leaves a lot of possibilities.

I also require:

-Good hunting and fishing.

-Ton of public land with UTV/sled trails.

-Lots of lakes.

-Good standard of living.

-Four seasons.

-Low crime.
Off the beaten path, removed and isolated.
The Vegas line is out. 49ers by 2.5

I’m going with the underdog again.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Just be careful... regarding those late night FedEx delivery dudes.
You need to worry about the fact that your neighbors have a habit of fighting for the wrong side.

If you are referring to the Civil War, Kentucky remained in the Union, even though it was a slave state. Up around where I am, things were split 3 ways. Some folks kept slaves. Some folks were virulent abolitionists, and some folks like the Germans really didn't know what the fuss was all about.

BTW: These were not Amish or Mennonite Germans. These were Germans who just liked to plow things and get plowed. I used to have a neighbor who came from that stock. One of the big attractions was the soil was great for wine. The Ohio Valley was the biggest wine producer in North America for a while until killer ice storms wiped everything out.

To this day, you'll see the Stars and Bars up on a few houses, but these tend to be Rebels without a clue. You see an overwhelming preponderance of Stars and Stripes, and a lot of Trump signs. One fellow painted Trump 2016 on his barn. He changed it to Trump 2020 in 2020. As soon as the election was over, he repainted it to 2024.

The men who fought at Augusta were only a generation or two removed from those who fought the Shawnee. In The Dark and Bloody Ground our county gets mentioned several times in the latter half-- between the end of the Revolution and Fallen Timbers. Blue Licks is about 20 miles to the east of the farm. During this time, the general plan was that Shawnee would come over the river, raid a cabin or two, steal horses, kill anyone they could, and then beat it back over the river and retreat north. The response was to round up the survivors of the raid, cross the Ohio, kill the Shawnee, and take back the horses. This resulted in a net loss of humanity, but a net gain in horses. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. This was done against a federal mandate prohibiting armed retaliation against the Shawnee. The locals could give as well as they could. Lewis Wetzel sought shelter from Harmar's troops in this area, because of his overwhelming support. These were like-minded people.

"I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." That line could easily come from a man from the Trans-Bluegrass.

One other interesting note: The crossroads closest to me is called Neave. It is nothing more than 1 church and a graveyard, a few houses, and a slab on the corner that marks where the store stood. The first Free Black regiment to form itself and march to Cincinnati was from Neave. It is the only time Neave made the Cincinnati Enquirer. The commandant wrote that he was impressed with their discipline and zeal.

If you stay 20 miles north of I-64, and stay east of the Green River, give I-75 a wide berth and then stay west of the West Virginia line, you have a pretty homogenous area. That's only my experience. I'm not saying there are raving fascists at the boundaries. North of the Ohio River is fine as well, but it is far more depressed economically. The locals around here used to have family general purpose farms. However Tobacco changed all that. After the Tobacco buyout, they switched to beef cattle, sheep and goats. My place could easily be switched back to AG if it needed to be.
The area I live in is where I am staying. If things deteriorate here we plan on moving west 2 or 3 counties.
The truth is , 90% of America is till a great place to live. All this talk with the media calling for "blue states" is BS. There are only a few blue states and mostly in the N.E . It is sad that President Trump lost Wisconsin, but about 50 of the 72 counties were red...
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Just be careful... regarding those late night FedEx delivery dudes.

I’ve got a buddy that knows how to handle those sum biches. laugh
Ok, i have read through many of the posts and all the talk about red states and blue states is moot. There is no country on this earth capable of coming into this one and taking it over. The United States is too big, the geography too complex, and the people too diverse. Look at previous civilizations that have failed like the Roman Empire and more recently the U.S.S.R., what happened? They lost control of everything except a much smaller, central location. Geography is super important, i.e. mountains, rivers, deserts, etc. New dividing lines will be formed. Don't forget people of like mind and history will be more likely to stay together/be controlled than forcing groups who are polar opposites together. Many of our states are as big as countries in Europe. It is likely the United States will break-up into several countries with a central area remaining.
anywhere far away from any population of young african american youths.
Alaska is good to go. Stay away from Juneau and Anchorage. State govt. has many unfilled positions. Need more conservatives here. Unions are destroying the state!
Originally Posted by logger
We live in a very red area in a blue state. Douglas County has about 112,000 people in 5,000 sq miles, and those people voted about 70% for Trump. We have good county commissioners, sheriff and district attorney. No worries there. For us personally, we live on our 300 acres surrounded by 1000s of acres of forest land. Weather is moderate, our big town (20,000) is about 35 miles away. We have good neighbors (the nearest over the ridge and about 1/2 mile away) and we look after one another. So for us, this is a great place to live since we don't have to escape.

Your county is full of tweeker zombies... good luck with that
Originally Posted by barm
Ok, i have read through many of the posts and all the talk about red states and blue states is moot. There is no country on this earth capable of coming into this one and taking it over. The United States is too big, the geography too complex, and the people too diverse. Look at previous civilizations that have failed like the Roman Empire and more recently the U.S.S.R., what happened? They lost control of everything except a much smaller, central location. Geography is super important, i.e. mountains, rivers, deserts, etc. New dividing lines will be formed. Don't forget people of like mind and history will be more likely to stay together/be controlled than forcing groups who are polar opposites together. Many of our states are as big as countries in Europe. It is likely the United States will break-up into several countries with a central area remaining.

Dude

What was the Tally of illegals just for the Month of December

What is the Aggregate of the Last 31/2 Years ..

By the Way it ain’t One Country that poses the threat

It’s the District of Corruption..

Soon the Weight of All these illegals will suck the Air Out of this Country Sails ..

Then the Mill Stones of Taxes and StagInflation will finish the Conquering ..

Ya

You ain’t seen Nothing Yet

I’m probably going to be Your President

Hahahaha Hahahaha
Don’t you guys read US News & World Report? They published the best places in the US to live last year.
#1 Green Bay, WI.
#2 Huntsville, AL.
#3 Raleigh & Durham, NC.
#4 Bolder, CO.
#5 Sarasota, FL.
Originally Posted by akrange
Originally Posted by barm

Dude

What was the Tally of illegals just for the Month of December

What is the Aggregate of the Last 31/2 Years ..

By the Way it ain’t One Country that poses the threat

It’s the District of Corruption..

Soon the Weight of All these illegals will suck the Air Out of this Country Sails ..

Then the Mill Stones of Taxes and StagInflation will finish the Conquering ..

Ya

You ain’t seen Nothing Yet

I’m probably going to be Your President

Hahahaha Hahahaha
It’s not the “illegals” and their mysterious power to affect inflation and taxes. You are falling for the propaganda. They want us to react poorly and you are doing what they want.
Originally Posted by logger

Your county is full of tweeker zombies... good luck with that

Actually, no. There are tweeker zombies every where but Douglas County has a very aggressive drug team and most zombies move north to a more accommodating locale like Portland.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
We just need to start playing the long game like they've been doing and start teaching the younger generations the dangers and history of collectivist ideas and policies. Conservatives by nature just want to be left alone to build a life for themselves and their families.

A good defense will never be enough. We need to figure out a good offense. A good start would be taking our kids educations back and out of the hands of Marxists and other satanists.

Bb

This is what needs to happen if we want to save this country .
A safe place? Gilligan's Island.

Otherwise, THERE IS NO ESCAPE. You think you'll be left alone ANYWHERE? Not bloody likely. So many of the popular "SHTF scenarios" are total fantasy. "Without Rule Of Law"??? Are you kidding me? Among our many problems there will never be a lack of governing authority. We will be up to our freakin' eyeballs in governing authority. I WISH that "wrol" would be one of our "problems"...

We will definitely not be left alone no matter where we are. Our enemy has technologies that many of us cannot even comprehend, and they can see each and every one of us anywhere, all the time. You can't hide away, and you can't hide what you are doing, and you can be reached anywhere.
Originally Posted by Stophel
A safe place? Gilligan's Island.

Otherwise, THERE IS NO ESCAPE. You think you'll be left alone ANYWHERE? Not bloody likely. So many of the popular "SHTF scenarios" are total fantasy. "Without Rule Of Law"??? Are you kidding me? Among our many problems there will never be a lack of governing authority. We will be up to our freakin' eyeballs in governing authority. I WISH that "wrol" would be one of our "problems"...

We will definitely not be left alone no matter where we are. Our enemy has technologies that many of us cannot even comprehend, and they can see each and every one of us anywhere, all the time. You can't hide away, and you can't hide what you are doing, and you can be reached anywhere.

Smart man...

Location and money will buy you some time... nothing else.

In the end... each man will:

1) Get in the boxcar...

2) Die in his boots for refusing to get in the boxcar.

Either way... your assists will be taken to feed their appetites.

*It is ALWAYS about the money.

That’s right! All my neighbors are non-binary mixed-race anarchists, aside from one small holding of Communist/polygamist Mormon-Amish.

I hear Massachusetts is truly the Land of the Free as well…..
You could do a lot worse than rural North Alabama or East Tennessee.
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
I’d rather die amongst my family and friends than run away from the city I was born in to play with an old Ford tractor.

LMAO.

I'd rater live with my family. Have at it in your city.
Originally Posted by shaman

I love McCreary County. As a boy my dad would take me over to the BSF for hiking, hunting, fishing, camping and so on. Many years later I started working McCreary County. If I could find a good spread there, I wouldn't hesitate to transplant my family from an adjoining county. As a side note McCreary County has one of the densest rattlesnake populations in Kentucky.
One big question is more about how long you can go without the grid. Cities would be a tough go.

Likely our enemies will try taking out the grid and communications and sit back and watch us take out ourselves and then waltz right in and take whatever's left.

Try this on, since I arrived on the planet the US has gone from 150 million to over 330 million and that's not counting all the illegals in the last 20 years. More people in the same amount of land.

Nowhere will be spared, but some places will have a better chance than others. Face it, we are interdependent. You cannot be prepared for all scenarios. And you cannot hunker down alone.
© 24hourcampfire