Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Run away and leave your women and the old people to do your fighting.

Some dummies think that they have found a gringo's paradise even though a paved road runs in front of their house.

Others plan on hiding in the wilderness forgetting that the jews will tell the nigras where to find them.

You, J.C. have found that spot where the savages will just say well hell no I ain't goin' there. Your tribe may repopulate the earth.

LOL I love these threads.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Hahaha!

Yeah. Real remote in a suburb of Lexington.

I don't live in the suburbs. But around here the Lexington urbanites have no interest in running around out in the countryside--and it's not without good reason. Most of Kentucky is rural. The rural folks really don't care much for the people in Lexington. It's been that way for a long, long time.

It's something you learn if you move to Lexington from the sticks--like I did back in the 70s.

I don't make it a point to tell the people out here that I moved here from Lexington. Nothing good comes from it.

Hahaha!

I would believe that.

Like moving east in Montana from Kalispell.

You just don't tell people that.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You can run but there is no place to hide for what is coming.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hagakure, Book 1:

“The way of the Samurai is found in death…This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai. If by setting one’s heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he gains freedom in the Way. His whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling.”

Find a quiet place wirh water available, where you can raise a garden and store supplies and be happy. Look for good neighbors.
Otherwise see above.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by super T

Yep. If you think you can hide from what is coming you are fooling yourself.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not going anywhere. My family is here. Doesn't mean I'll bend the knee.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by super T

Yep. If you think you can hide from what is coming you are fooling yourself.

And that would be?

The superbowl?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bread and Circuses.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife grew up in McCreary County, KY. It's just down on the KY/TN border.

It took the better part of a decade for me to start fitting in. I had the wrong last name (it was furn sounding) I had the wrong accent. I was the wrong religion (Methodist was not Protestant enough). It took the passing of my Mother in Law to really get them to realize I was an alright kind of guy. Taking care of her at the end showed them I was of the right stuff.

The Big South Fork Region is one of those places where you can go in pretty easy, but getting out is the problem. You have to have everything in one sock before you open your mouth. It is the last place I would want to bluster into. However, with the proper attitude and the proper family connections, it is the safest place in the world that I have found.

The county where my farm is on the other end of the Commonwealth. It is cosmopolitan compared to KYHillChick's home. However, it has somewhat the same vibe about what it does with its strangers. There are a small number of surnames scattered all over the county. The funny last name thing is not a problem, because Germans settled there in the mid 19th century and my surname is therefore not suspect. Still, it's only been in the past 5 years that I have started to actually mingle with the locals. I finally found a friend that took me around and introduced me. I stopped being regarded as an outsider and my farm stopped being referred to as The Old Ramsey place and instead started being associated with my name. This all took about 20 years.

Somebody once asked how I could feel safe, being so close to Cincinnati. My response went something like "You know when you've got a big ol' fish tank, there's always one big fish that never comes out during the day. However, if you put in new fish, you'll turn off the lights and there'll be no new fish by morning. That's kinda how it is with my neighbors. It's 63 miles from Fountain Square, and by the time you get out my way, it's one little house back a long driveway after another. Inside that house lives a big fish that you never see.

"I live at the end of a 2-mile road, and it's two miles more to the state route, and then 3 more miles to the next, and so on. There are little houses all along the way, and you have to pass all those big fish before you get to my place. You'll never make the whole trip in a day, and after nightfall, you're going to meet the big fish and see what I mean."

One other quick story: In 1862, the Confederates came up this way as part of their move on Cincinnati. The idea was to send a regiment of cavalry to Augusta, ford the Ohio at a shallow spot and then move on Cincinnati from the east. This would be a diversion for the main thrust coming from the south. They made it as far as Augusta, and the Union sent a gun boat down to bombard the Rebs, but it quickly ran out of ammunition and set off back down river to re-supply. The home guard of Augusta, a total of 125, men held off the regiment and their two cannon until the Rebs had to go house to house. Some of the houses were set alight by the action and a few of the guards burned alive. Though the Home Guard finally ran out of ammunition and gave up, it so wrecked the plan that the crossing of the Ohio River at Augusta was called off and the Second Confederate Cavalry of Kentucky had to retreat back south.

This is kind of stuff my neighbors are made of. I don't have any worries.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Appalachian mountains like Ted Kazinski
It was eric rudolph they found in north carolina mountains, not far from where i live

Be reasonable. Do it my way!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
Much of those states is too cold for many of us. At 58 years old with an autoimmune disorder and an Alabama native that would practically be a death sentence. Might as well just go ahead and die at home instead of trying to claw for survival in an ice cube.

That is the conundrum. The best places to be totally safe from others are places so inhospitable that nobody wants to live there or even go there. That means harsh living conditions and limited medical, dental and vision care. Is it worth it? Most people will pick some in-between place and call it good. But, if you’ve ever watched those social faux-reality shows where they vote people off the literal or figurative island every week, people’s ethics get very situational and fluid when their butt is on the line.

Originally Posted by Hudge
Appalachian mountains like Ted Kazinski
He lived in a cabin in Lincoln, MT.
I'll be damned. For some reason I always thought it was somewhere in the Appalachian Trail. Either way, same still applies but different location with a cabin in the woods.

That’s a great selling point. “Ted Kazinski either did or could have lived here.” I guess that’s substantially better than having Alferd Packer for a neighbor.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some times you find a spot where you would risk your life to defend your neighbors and vice versa.
Doesn't occur very often and is not specific to certain areas.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by shaman
My wife grew up in McCreary County, KY. It's just down on the KY/TN border.

It took the better part of a decade for me to start fitting in. I had the wrong last name (it was furn sounding) I had the wrong accent. I was the wrong religion (Methodist was not Protestant enough). It took the passing of my Mother in Law to really get them to realize I was an alright kind of guy. Taking care of her at the end showed them I was of the right stuff.

The Big South Fork Region is one of those places where you can go in pretty easy, but getting out is the problem. You have to have everything in one sock before you open your mouth. It is the last place I would want to bluster into. However, with the proper attitude and the proper family connections, it is the safest place in the world that I have found.

The county where my farm is on the other end of the Commonwealth. It is cosmopolitan compared to KYHillChick's home. However, it has somewhat the same vibe about what it does with its strangers. There are a small number of surnames scattered all over the county. The funny last name thing is not a problem, because Germans settled there in the mid 19th century and my surname is therefore not suspect. Still, it's only been in the past 5 years that I have started to actually mingle with the locals. I finally found a friend that took me around and introduced me. I stopped being regarded as an outsider and my farm stopped being referred to as The Old Ramsey place and instead started being associated with my name. This all took about 20 years.

Somebody once asked how I could feel safe, being so close to Cincinnati. My response went something like "You know when you've got a big ol' fish tank, there's always one big fish that never comes out during the day. However, if you put in new fish, you'll turn off the lights and there'll be no new fish by morning. That's kinda how it is with my neighbors. It's 63 miles from Fountain Square, and by the time you get out my way, it's one little house back a long driveway after another. Inside that house lives a big fish that you never see.

"I live at the end of a 2-mile road, and it's two miles more to the state route, and then 3 more miles to the next, and so on. There are little houses all along the way, and you have to pass all those big fish before you get to my place. You'll never make the whole trip in a day, and after nightfall, you're going to meet the big fish and see what I mean."

One other quick story: In 1862, the Confederates came up this way as part of their move on Cincinnati. The idea was to send a regiment of cavalry to Augusta, ford the Ohio at a shallow spot and then move on Cincinnati from the east. This would be a diversion for the main thrust coming from the south. They made it as far as Augusta, and the Union sent a gun boat down to bombard the Rebs, but it quickly ran out of ammunition and set off back down river to re-supply. The home guard of Augusta, a total of 125, men held off the regiment and their two cannon until the Rebs had to go house to house. Some of the houses were set alight by the action and a few of the guards burned alive. Though the Home Guard finally ran out of ammunition and gave up, it so wrecked the plan that the crossing of the Ohio River at Augusta was called off and the Second Confederate Cavalry of Kentucky had to retreat back south.

This is kind of stuff my neighbors are made of. I don't have any worries.

You need to worry about the fact that your neighbors have a habit of fighting for the wrong side.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Run away and leave your women and the old people to do your fighting.

Some dummies think that they have found a gringo's paradise even though a paved road runs in front of their house.

Others plan on hiding in the wilderness forgetting that the jews will tell the nigras where to find them.

You, J.C. have found that spot where the savages will just say well hell no I ain't goin' there. Your tribe may repopulate the earth.

LOL I love these threads.

mike r

Hahahaha Hahahaha

The Black Hebrew's

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you can handle it, Wyoming.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by kappa8
Any red county (with at least two more red counties "safe space" separating from blue counties) in any red state.
Easy NO's: HI, CA, WA, OR, IL, NY, NJ, DE, VA, MA.

I'd add MN, WI, MI, NM, CO to that list.

Considering adding PA, ME, RI, CT, VT, NH.
Pa is more than good to go. Only filthadelphia and chittsburgh are the issues. Theres a reason the area i reside in is nicknamed pennsyltuckey

Last edited by gunchamp; 01/29/24.
M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Hahaha!

Yeah. Real remote in a suburb of Lexington.

I don't live in the suburbs. But around here the Lexington urbanites have no interest in running around out in the countryside--and it's not without good reason. Most of Kentucky is rural. The rural folks really don't care much for the people in Lexington. It's been that way for a long, long time.

It's something you learn if you move to Lexington from the sticks--like I did back in the 70s.

I don't make it a point to tell the people out here that I moved here from Lexington. Nothing good comes from it.
I am about an hour from Lexington, pretty rural out where iam, don't see it changing anytime soon, only gripe I have is most of KY is tied into a public water source, not a good thing in my opinion.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5thShock
If you can handle it, Wyoming.

It's pretty rough where I live. People will wait in line to get into an Olive Garden because they think it is fine dining.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by kappa8
Any red county (with at least two more red counties "safe space" separating from blue counties) in any red state.
Easy NO's: HI, CA, WA, OR, IL, NY, NJ, DE, VA, MA.

I'd add MN, WI, MI, NM, CO to that list.

Considering adding PA, ME, RI, CT, VT, NH.
Pa is more than good to go. Only filthadelphia and chittsburgh are the issues. Theres a reason the area i reside in is nicknamed pennsyltuckey

I was near Redding 6 months ago. Dont forget fetterman. It makes the list for a reason.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X2

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 52 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,507
Posts18,472,321
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.