Home
???

Steve.
Posted By: Teal Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
There are still other QB's I'd rather have over him.
Originally Posted by teal

I'm not especially a Tebow fan, and he just beat my team, but what you say doesn't mean much -- there are lots of fans who'd prefer other QBs over their own.

Gotta give the kid credit. He'll grow into the job and be a coveted QB.

Steve.
You won't say that in a year or two. He is the real deal.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

You do realize my QB is Aaron Rodgers - right? Cuz John Fox would sell Tebow to white slave traders from Somalia tonight to get Aaron.
I believe!!
Hey! I'm not denigrating Rogers. He is an amazing QB, probably the best on the field right now.

That doesn't mean Tebow isn't very very good already. wink
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
And one of the problems of the NFL is that he could do just that. One of the things about college ball that I prefer is that it is much more difficult to do that there.
Tebow, Tebow, Tebow...
The other 10 guys on the field have absolutley nothing to do with it...

He is good, yes, but he ain't all that yet.
One season does not make a great quarterback...
As a charter member of Aethists for Tebow, I'm pulling for him to make it to the Superbowl. I think it could happen. I called it a month ago.

Posted By: RWE Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12

You do realize my QB is Aaron Rodgers - right? Cuz John Fox would sell Tebow to white slave traders from Somalia tonight to get Aaron.

Aaron Rodgers got kidnapped by Somalian slave traders?

I'm going to have to call my bookie.

Regardless of who anyone's favorite QB is, no one is saying he'll ever be the very best one -- but two years from now his critics will be criticizing him for his praying, not for his playing.

Steve.
W

That's all he's done. Flat ugly most of the time (not today!), but W's non-the-less.

Can't think of a second year QB since Brady who has done likewise. In fact I can't think of a second year starter who has.
You'd think God would have better things to do than fixing football games. That said, I'd trade Romo for Tebow and throw in Jerry Jones to boot.

I took it to mean that in 2 years I wouldn't want another QB over Tebow.

Fairly certain that in 2 years, I'll still want my guy over Tebow. All I was saying.

See you Tebow lovers in Foxborough next week for the conclusion of your season.
Then...you don't read very well... grin wink
Posted By: prm Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
Tebow is great for the Broncos. His strength is not his passing though. He is a motivator, he makes great runs to keep drives alive and is different than what defenses are used to. His passing is getting better, but still inconsistent. He smoothes that out and he will be a very good QB. Tough to compare to guys like Rodgers or Brees right now.
Originally Posted by BrentD
As a charter member of Aethists for Tebow, I'm pulling for him to make it to the Superbowl. I think it could happen. I called it a month ago.

Were I of your denomination, I'd ask to join. Must make for lonely meetings. grin
Posted By: prm Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
Originally Posted by bluefish
See you Tebow lovers in Foxborough next week for the conclusion of your season.

The way to bet, yes. But their season was supposed to end today too. That's why they play the game.
Originally Posted by prm
Tebow is great for the Broncos. His strength is not his passing though. He is a motivator, he makes great runs to keep drives alive and is different than what defenses are used to. His passing is getting better, but still inconsistent. He smoothes that out and he will be a very good QB. Tough to compare to guys like Rodgers or Brees right now.

A fair and objective statement.

Steve.
Originally Posted by billhilly
You'd think God would have better things to do than fixing football games. That said, I'd trade Romo for Tebow and throw in Jerry Jones to boot.

...and Jones's son. If only...
he does have a way about him. That 80 yard pass play in OT was fun to watch. laugh
Originally Posted by RickyD

Were I of your denomination, I'd ask to join. Must make for lonely meetings. grin

Hell no! Lots of us. Not lonely at all.
Interesting choice of expletive. smile
Tebow just put Denver back in the running . I hope they go all the way to the Super Bowl
Did Tebow win or did the Broncos win?

Or did Pitt play poor enough to lose?

No matter what, I'll admit I'm very surprised Denver won today....

Something good is going on here....
Originally Posted by Kenneth
... did the Broncos win?

Or did Pitt play poor enough to lose? ...

Hey, hey, this isn't college ball! smile
What's that, 4 OT wins for the Broncos and TEBOW?

I sure miss him at Florida.
I'm happy for the kid, and for Denver. Great fans, great town.
when any NFL Team go down is because they got out played
I'd rather be lucky than good any day

T Tebow!
Hell of a game
Next week will be another tough one for sure
I hope the Broncos make it to the big game. The entire team is playing good ball right now.
One thing is for sure:
Tebow is a hard worker, and he's a smart kid.

Sorry, that's two things, but I'll take a hard worker who's smart any day over someone with natural ability but who lacks intelligence and work ethic.

Steve.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
he does have a way about him. That 80 yard pass play in OT was fun to watch. laugh

Had to be the shortest overtime period in history. grin
Posted By: 30338 Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
I was remembering Favre throwing the winning pass on the first play against the Broncos in overtime when this overtime started. Wild win. I am sure the Patriots will beat us, but if we don't turn the ball over it may be a decent game.
With the man's college statistics, how could anyone say, anywhere that he is a terrible quarterback. Its like saying just because someone scored a perfect on their SAT's and ACT's doesn't mean they are smart. Its never been about him its been about what he believes. I am a big steeler fan, but Tebow was on tonight when he had to be. Did Steelers miss their entire starting defensive line, yes. Did Ben limp and move like an old woman, yes. If anybody was going to beat them I'm glad it was denver. It just gets under my skin when people climb all over the kid and say its because of his playing ability, be honest and say you don't like him because of his religious views and how open he is about it. He's good, not great, but definetely not a bad quarterback.

God bless,

MM
Posted By: Otter Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
. . . but I'll take a hard worker who's smart any day over someone with natural ability but who lacks intelligence and work ethic.

Anybody remember Ryan Leaf???

Tebow may not fit the "mould" of the stereotypical NFL QB, but he has the desire to aim for that, plus, he has a good group of talented players on his team. He's a leader and that is something that I don't think you can teach anybody, whether it be sports, business or politics. It's either there or it isn't, you can't be "kind of a leader".
Posted By: add Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
Originally Posted by Mako25
W

That's all he's done. Flat ugly most of the time (not today!), but W's non-the-less.

Can't think of a second year QB since Brady who has done likewise. In fact I can't think of a second year starter who has.

Sanchez?

Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I'm happy for the kid, and for Denver. Great fans, great town.

+ a bunch smile
W

Right! "Flat Ugly" is a bit strong though. What I see is a non-prototype QB--more of a "fullback-linebacker" who can throw pretty well but who is a [/b] fiery competitor [b] !

Go Broncs!!
He will always be criticized because of what he believes.
He is not doing bad for a first year player,there is a lot to learn these days,what with all the different looks they throw at you.
On top of that no spring training or pre season to work out the kinks.
I don't know if they will advance after next week but next year he might be a lot better.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
I like Tebow and wish him well. The early critics were correct. He is a great kid, great athelete, but still lacking in the skills needed to consistently be successful in the NFL. The fact that he was successful at the college level is not always an indicator of success in the NFL. Just look at how many Heisman Trophy winners have been dud's at the next level.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see Tebow lead Denver all the way to a Suberbowl victory. But when you give him an honest evaluation he is not anywhere near a top tier QB, not yet anyway.
it's why it makes it interesting, he isn't a great qb as far as typical nfl qb skills go.

but he'll win some games you think he won't cause of never say die and the exuberance and spirited plays of those on his team.

the way they backed into the playoffs who could see this coming?

it's what makes sports really fun and interesting.

in the same vein the 07 Giants, just knew there was no way Eli was gonna lead em back down the field and score in response to the Patriots taking the lead.

gave props to wideout Sanders for his catch and run in another thread. Outstanding effort, so only fair to mention the outstanding play of Denver's mostly 3 man rush that still got to the hobbled Rothlisberger

seldom does one man win a game in a team sport, but the right man can sure make a difference in how his teammates play. we might be seeing some of that when Tebow takes the field.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
He is not doing bad for a first year player,there is a lot to learn these days,what with all the different looks they throw at you.
On top of that no spring training or pre season to work out the kinks.
I don't know if they will advance after next week but next year he might be a lot better.

He's not a first year player. Drafted last year by McDaniels. he played last year and has had the benefit of an off season program. He is NOT a rookie.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

the way they backed into the playoffs who could see this coming?

Me! smile smile
nice call then, Brent, nice call indeed
W

Roethlisberger
Rush pegged it on Friday!

Yes, and if McGahee hadn't fumbled at such an inopportune time, then Tebow probably would not have had to do much but cruise to the win.
He really needs to improve on his accuracy and his release. Basically everything you look for in a QB

He's a great kid and I really hope he is "the guy" in Denver. It'll be hard for him to get to where he needs to be but the kid is a winner and you can't coach want to and desire. Tebow has got the drive to do it, just have to see if he can make it work
Originally Posted by JMR40
I like Tebow and wish him well. The early critics were correct. He is a great kid, great athelete, but still lacking in the skills needed to consistently be successful in the NFL. The fact that he was successful at the college level is not always an indicator of success in the NFL. Just look at how many Heisman Trophy winners have been dud's at the next level.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see Tebow lead Denver all the way to a Suberbowl victory. But when you give him an honest evaluation he is not anywhere near a top tier QB, not yet anyway.
But definitely top tier when it comes to first year. I can't remember any other doing better.
He's a fairly big, tough kid with a lot of athletic ability. He's still a bit raw but he has a great work ethic. I'm sure he'll be working in the off season at getting better at passing and reads. A ton of potential.
I really don't like New England and their queer qb but I'll be cheering them on next week.<grin>

Yeah,....

Steelere fans hold a grudge.
T and more importantly, the rest of the team, looked good this evening. Hope he stays relaxed and on top of his game for next weekend. Hope the rest of team shows up again.

I think this guy has lots of promise. The family here is quite happy!!
Posted By: LBP Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
With the man's college statistics, how could anyone say, anywhere that he is a terrible quarterback. Its like saying just because someone scored a perfect on their SAT's and ACT's doesn't mean they are smart. Its never been about him its been about what he believes. I am a big steeler fan, but Tebow was on tonight when he had to be. Did Steelers miss their entire starting defensive line, yes. Did Ben limp and move like an old woman, yes. If anybody was going to beat them I'm glad it was denver. It just gets under my skin when people climb all over the kid and say its because of his playing ability, be honest and say you don't like him because of his religious views and how open he is about it. He's good, not great, but definetely not a bad quarterback.

God bless,

MM

+1 Thats the exact reason. Mitchell Mountain is an honest man...
got to go with -- TEBUMO

played a good game -- great - nope
When the young man really learns his job he's going to dangerous.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
In some quiet moments, Tim Tebow must get a kick and a smile reading the critical and comparative comments of these "experts" all over the web and elsewhere who think it really important to slice and dice his playing ability. Critics who never played the game well - some at any level.

He must wonder "who cares" about how I compare to so and so or how good I am going to be - or not. My bet says that, if you were to get him to answer, he would be forthright about his shortcomings as compared to many other QBs and would tell you that he does not know what the future holds or how he will stack up over time. I think he has a clear head and humble heart - something that a lot of players could use. He is a fine athlete, he loves the game, he plays it well, he is a leader - what do you want in a pro QB?
He threw for 316 (John 3:16.?) yards tonight, [b][color:#3333FF]I kid you not...[/color][/b]
My bad.We don't get much about Denver here.
I still think he can turn into a fine player with the right coaches and time.
Posted By: Dess Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
Regardless of the reason, I'm a Bronco fan just enjoyin' the moment.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
His passes often look like wounded ducks, he misses wide open receivers often, most of the time is under the 50% completion rate and can have some really bad quarters. But at the end of the day the guy competes his azz off and creates an infectious desire to win.

To come off the terrible game at KC last week with talk that he might be benched early in the game, to win today shows the confidence and resilience the guy has and the guys on the field are behind him. It helps that the team is built for player like him to have some success, not to mention the coaches put him in a position to win. Good for him.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
...the way they backed into the playoffs who could see this coming?

Me, right here at the Campfire on another thread. Also Colorado 1135.

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
broncos are gonna beat the steelers

I don't see why more people aren't saying this.

With the way Rothlisberger is beat up, and the fact that the Steelers are lacking a running back and a safety, I think the Broncos will give the Steelers all they can handle in a low-scoring game. That's where Tebow shines. Being from western PA, I hope the Steelers will pull it out, but if I had to bet money, I'd put it on Denver -- and under the circumstances it won't be that much of an upset.

Steve.
Paul - i just never liked the bronco's - lol

i see they have those scopes agin for same amount - did you get enough the first time ?
Originally Posted by rrroae
I really don't like New England and their queer qb but I'll be cheering them on next week.<grin>

Yeah,....

That kind of thinking, I have never understood. My view is that if Denver somehow wins the Super Bowl, that makes Pittsburgh look better, because Denver beats a whole string of quality teams (maybe Pats, Ravens, Packers), and the Steelers are right there with them. If they lose to the Pats, it makes the Steelers look worse.

As a Steeler fan, now that the Steelers are out -- I'd like to see the Broncos run the table.

Steve.
Originally Posted by CCCC
In some quiet moments, Tim Tebow must get a kick and a smile reading the critical and comparative comments of these "experts" all over the web and elsewhere who think it really important to slice and dice his playing ability. Critics who never played the game well - some at any level.

You mean all these experts haven't play QB at the pro level? (grin)

I say "go Tebow". It's good for the NFL.
Posted By: Bald1 Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
Ya gotta luv all the crazy finishes the Broncs with Tebow have had this year. They've made watching Denver enjoyable again (not that I was ever a Denver fan frankly).

Hearing and reading all the haters just adds to the enjoyment. Kinda like libtards going into meltdowns! hahahahahahahaha
Originally Posted by MGunns
W

Roethlisberger

That's what I was thinking. Went to AFC title game as a rookie and won the Super Bowl in his second year.

I'm not especially a Tebow fan, and he just beat my team, but what you say doesn't mean much -- there are lots of fans who'd prefer other QBs over their own.

Gotta give the kid credit. He'll grow into the job and be a coveted QB.

Steve.

He beat them but Pittsburgh was running at half speed or less on both sides of the ball last night.
Posted By: Mink Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
Hell of a throw the kid made. Props on that for sure. Loved it, thought it was the play of the playoffs to this point.
Denver's top receiver was out with a knee injury. Both teams had injury problems.
Denver defense performed great. Their kicker was perfect with FG and PATs.
Tim ran for 50 yards, AND a touchdown. For the year, he has 660 yards, over 5 yards a carry, and 6 touchdowns.
Posted By: tzone Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
???

Steve.

Anybody that laid $ down on the Steelers.
Posted By: tzone Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12

Snort.... your QB. laugh
Turn on ESPN radio this AM.... you'll find plenty of Tebow critics, starting with Mel Kiper, and Mike Golic!

Let's see any of those other dainty-legged QBs pull it down and ram it up the middle.. grin
TJ Yates

Not a word mumbled 'bout him - and he is a rookie.
Put very plaimnly-Tebow is a winner. And in more ways than one.
Originally Posted by prm

Exactly. Tebow was the spark that the Broncos needed--for a long time.

And he will undoubtedly get better..........

Casey
I give Denver's coaches credit for the win. All game long, time after time, they ran the option up the middle on first down. It got to be that is what everybody, especially the Steeler's defense, was expecting.

What happens on the first play of overtime? Steelers pack the line, the safeties move up leaving the middle open, and BAM!, playaction pass and touchdown Denver!!

Yeah, give Tebow and the reciever credit for making the play, but that was coaching brilliance.
Some of the comments are like the comments on Boise State. No matter who they beat, they're over rated.

He's too new to have the finesse of an experienced QB, but he's winning. The NFL has some of the best coaches money can buy. Give him time and his wins will still be wins...but they'll be prettier.
They actually ran that same play early in the game, when DThomas also took the catch for 50 yards or so.

Pittsburgh was daring Tebow to beat them through the air, and he did just that (barely, maybe ugly, but a win is a win). They kept stacking the box, leaving no deep safety, and hoping they could cover DThomas man-on-man. He's too good for that. Pittsburgh also ran "spy" on Tebow's roll outs almost every time, and that left many underneath routes open if Tebow could hit them (he got a few, missed a few).

When DThomas gets it together as a real receiver, he is going to be a beast that can pull passes down out of coverage. Then Tebow will not have to be as accurate anyway and still look good on the deep passing game. All Tebow needs is to learn to hit the underneath routes quickly and accurately, and the team as a package could be very difficult to defend. If they had a really good running back instead of old McGahee, especially one who could take dump passes in the flats and make something out of them, then they could be a monster.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
He threw for 316 (John 3:16.?) yards tonight, [b][color:#3333FF]I kid you not...[/color][/b]
10-4 that 'coincidence' in a strange time and place.
Tebow sucks

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by JMR40

But definitely top tier when it comes to first year. I can't remember any other doing better.

Anybody remember John Elway in his first two years in the NFL?
Originally Posted by Seminole39
Tebow sucks

[Linked Image]
You only wish.

Bradshaw was terrible his first couple of years too. He won 4 Super Bowls.
Originally Posted by htredneck
Tebow, Tebow, Tebow...
The other 10 guys on the field have absolutley nothing to do with it...

He is good, yes, but he ain't all that yet.
One season does not make a great quarterback...

YES ... exactly right !
Posted By: byc Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
ummmmm....does anyone here want Rex Grossman? We'll throw in danny boy snyder as well.
[Linked Image]
I heard the best analysis last night with the ESPN guys on Tim Tebow. There assesment was when Tebow can throw the ball and complete passes, he is very difficult to defend. From a defensive perspective, you have to pick how Denver is going to beat you. IS Tebow going to hand off to Mcgahee, is Tebow going to run, or is he going to throw? Everyone so far has said we are going to throw as many men in the box and make Tebow beat us with his arm. He did that last night. IF he can become a 300 yards/game passer he will be tough to beat.

ddj
W

You might want to check his record, he (they) lost the last 3 games of the regular season and comparing him to Tom Brady is a bit of a stretch IMO. Fact of the matter is the Broncos will be facing an offense (again) that can really pile on the points and I don't see the Broncos offense being able to keep up (review the Broncos/Bills game). If Tebow throws any picks against the Pats it will be their undoing.

I remember him as being caught for safties early on.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I remember him as being caught for safties early on.

I remember Howard Cosell telling Bradshaw he was too stupid to be an NFL quarterback...on national TV!

I liked Howard, but the man was truly a dick.
I remember Howard Cosell telling Bradshaw he was too stupid to be an NFL quarterback...on national TV!

Howard was 100% right but TV lowered their few standards to make allowance for the idiot Bradshaw.

Howard was 100% right but TV lowered their few standards to make allowance for the idiot Bradshaw.

Hehehe. grin So you're saying Bradshaw WAS too stupid to play NFL quarterback?

Bradshaw may be annoying at times, but he's no idiot.
Bradshaw was more entertaining as a commentator than Cosell, too, as was Dandy Don. Cosell hated anyone who didnt stay in the box he relegated them to.

Yeah,....

That kind of thinking, I have never understood. My view is that if Denver somehow wins the Super Bowl, that makes Pittsburgh look better, because Denver beats a whole string of quality teams (maybe Pats, Ravens, Packers), and the Steelers are right there with them. If they lose to the Pats, it makes the Steelers look worse.

As a Steeler fan, now that the Steelers are out -- I'd like to see the Broncos run the table.

Steve.

You take way too many things I say literally.

Just some good natured sports ribbing.

Nothing more, nothing less.

As annoying as Cosell could be, he made it more entertaining.

I get so annoyed with the likes of Simms, Collinsworth(truly a butthead) and Dierdorf that I want to kick little puppies.

And for those wound a little too tight, I'm a dog lover so relax.
Love Bradshaw and crew, Gruden as well.

Can't stand Collinsworthless.
The triple 316 deal is a real eye opener, the nay-sayers to his prayer are to damn fat to be walkin' on thin ice.

Gunner
I like Bradshaw but of course I'm a Pa boy so I'm biased.

I'll add Aikman to the list of announcers who need roshamboed in the nuts.
Originally Posted by gunner500
The triple 316 deal is a real eye opener, the nay-sayers to his prayer are to damn fat to be walkin' on thin ice.

Gunner

Isn't it odd how God only answers the prayers of one team each game?

Maybe the other teams have to start prayin' harder.
Lookee what I found. The dude can actually sing! grin

Gruden talks to damn much.
That wasn't lip syncing?

Damn Bradshaw,.....
That wasn't lip syncing?

Damn Bradshaw,.....

I'm not sure. Sounded to good to be live.

Gunner

Does God bother you in some way?

if so i'll PM you my address so you can send me all your money grin, since God is printed on each note and coin, i'll relieve You of that discomfort.

Gunner
Dang! That was a whole lot better than I expected.

Gunner

I believe that the prayers, rather than being for success or victory, are either asking for the strength and guidance to perform the task at hand to the best of one's ability or are giving thanks for the strength and guidance for the task performed.

I, personally, prefer prayer to be carried out in a private, unnoticed manner, but I still much prefer a public display of quiet reverence to some sort of primitive, spasmodic display of crotch-grabbing self-adulation.

Gunner

I believe that the prayers, rather than being for success or victory, are either asking for the strength and guidance to perform the task at hand to the best of one's ability or are giving thanks for the strength and guidance for the task performed.

I, personally, prefer prayer to be carried out in a private, unnoticed manner, but I still much prefer a public display of quiet reverence to some sort of primitive, spasmodic display of crotch-grabbing self-adulation.

Both displays are about vanity.
He answers all prayers, just not as all prefer. It rains on the just and the unjust. (it's just that the unjust just go to he'll). Sometimes He just likes to send us a little clue. He gave some clues to the highly intelligent pharaoh, but he wouldn't see, until he got in the sea, so to speak.
He answers all prayers, just not as all prefer. It rains on the just and the unjust. (it's just that the unjust just go to he'll). Sometimes He just likes to send us a little clue. He gave some clues to the highly intelligent pharaoh, but he wouldn't see, until he got in the sea, so to speak.

Most people interpret rain on the just and unjust as a bad thing for both, but what it really means is that God sends blessings to both.

Steve.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/09/12
Hi Gary - got it. And, probably have enough scopes (NOT) for now. That was a very good deal.

Gunner

Well said 5sdad.
Tebow is a gift considering the NFL's mediocrity and 'will they play this year' gawd-awful customer relations.
That wasn't lip syncing?

Damn Bradshaw,.....

I'm not sure. Sounded to good to be live.
His rendition was always my fav.
There was not much of an off season program due to the lockout. What practice there was was with Orton practicing with the starters. The lack of timing seems to be improving. Most of all the play calling is improving. When you always run two up the middle then pass on 3rd and long it makes it easy for the other teams defense.

Check this out:

Jeremiah 7:16 God said,
"As for you, do not pray for this people, and do not lift up a cry or prayer for them and do not intercede with Me for I do not hear you."

This is found in Jeremiah 11;14, 14;11 and Deuteronomy 1:45
I think Tebow rocks. Is he the best? No. Will he be the best ever? More than likely not. Is he a winner? Yeah baby!

I also admire his faith. Easy to sit behind these keyboards and criticize folks, but he's been very outspoken about his faith for a long time. I'm sure if there was some dirt somewhere, it would be aired. Kids got a lot of guts, and backbone. Give him some time and he's just going to keep getting better, and he's going to keep winning, at whatever he does.

The kid rocks.

Edited to add...

I've been a Christian for almost 17 years. I don't think God tips the scales one way or another in a sporting event. I do think He will help you as an individual do your best. But I don't think He wants one team to win more than another. I do however think that the Good Lord has an incredible sense of humor....

Passing yards, 316
Average pass, 31.6
TV rating, 31.6

You can explain that anyway you want, and I won't argue with you one bit. But I will smile! wink
Posted By: Teal Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/10/12
He's the most well known white Bronco since OJ's....
Posted By: NYH1 Re: Who's criticizing Tebow now? - 01/10/12
I really like Tim Tebow. I liked him when he was at Florida and I like him now. He's a great young man, has outstanding work ethic, gives his all everyday and then some. He's a great leader and has a ton of pure athletic ability. Most of the players in the NFL (and other sports and people in general) can learn a lot by watching the way Tebow handles himself. I'm not a very religious guy but I have no problem at all with the way Tebow is, what he says and does as far as his religious beliefs. Just like I don't have a problem with anyone else. Just don't shove it down my throat. At least with Tebow being on TV, if someone doesn't like it, all they have to do is change the channel.

However, I don't see him being a starting quarterback in the NFL much longer unless he make a ton of progress with his passing game. It leaves a lot to be desired. He's very inaccurate, even short 10 to 20 yard passes he misses a lot of. If he can get his passing game figured out, the shy is the limit for him. I hope he does. The NFL needs him and players like him!

NYH1! wink
Originally Posted by JBabcock
I think Tebow rocks. Is he the best? No. Will he be the best ever? More than likely not. Is he a winner? Yeah baby!

I also admire his faith. Easy to sit behind these keyboards and criticize folks, but he's been very outspoken about his faith for a long time. I'm sure if there was some dirt somewhere, it would be aired. Kids got a lot of guts, and backbone. Give him some time and he's just going to keep getting better, and he's going to keep winning, at whatever he does.

The kid rocks.

Edited to add...

I've been a Christian for almost 17 years. I don't think God tips the scales one way or another in a sporting event. I do think He will help you as an individual do your best. But I don't think He wants one team to win more than another. I do however think that the Good Lord has an incredible sense of humor....

Passing yards, 316
Average pass, 31.6
TV rating, 31.6

You can explain that anyway you want, and I won't argue with you one bit. But I will smile! wink

He's making me a believer. God does love that man.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

I read his post season average was 31.6 yards.

Bet they beat the Patriots 31 to 6....
I'll take some of that.
Steely, He loves you too. You're a great guy (He made you that way) laugh
© 24hourcampfire