Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My bad.We don't get much about Denver here.
I still think he can turn into a fine player with the right coaches and time.

Last edited by plainsman456; 01/08/12.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Regardless of the reason, I'm a Bronco fan just enjoyin' the moment.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
His passes often look like wounded ducks, he misses wide open receivers often, most of the time is under the 50% completion rate and can have some really bad quarters. But at the end of the day the guy competes his azz off and creates an infectious desire to win.

To come off the terrible game at KC last week with talk that he might be benched early in the game, to win today shows the confidence and resilience the guy has and the guys on the field are behind him. It helps that the team is built for player like him to have some success, not to mention the coaches put him in a position to win. Good for him.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
...the way they backed into the playoffs who could see this coming?

Me, right here at the Campfire on another thread. Also Colorado 1135.

Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
broncos are gonna beat the steelers

I don't see why more people aren't saying this.

With the way Rothlisberger is beat up, and the fact that the Steelers are lacking a running back and a safety, I think the Broncos will give the Steelers all they can handle in a low-scoring game. That's where Tebow shines. Being from western PA, I hope the Steelers will pull it out, but if I had to bet money, I'd put it on Denver -- and under the circumstances it won't be that much of an upset.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Paul - i just never liked the bronco's - lol

i see they have those scopes agin for same amount - did you get enough the first time ?

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rrroae
I really don't like New England and their queer qb but I'll be cheering them on next week.<grin>

Yeah,....

Steelere fans hold a grudge.

That kind of thinking, I have never understood. My view is that if Denver somehow wins the Super Bowl, that makes Pittsburgh look better, because Denver beats a whole string of quality teams (maybe Pats, Ravens, Packers), and the Steelers are right there with them. If they lose to the Pats, it makes the Steelers look worse.

As a Steeler fan, now that the Steelers are out -- I'd like to see the Broncos run the table.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CCCC
In some quiet moments, Tim Tebow must get a kick and a smile reading the critical and comparative comments of these "experts" all over the web and elsewhere who think it really important to slice and dice his playing ability. Critics who never played the game well - some at any level.

You mean all these experts haven't play QB at the pro level? (grin)

I say "go Tebow". It's good for the NFL.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ya gotta luv all the crazy finishes the Broncs with Tebow have had this year. They've made watching Denver enjoyable again (not that I was ever a Denver fan frankly).

Hearing and reading all the haters just adds to the enjoyment. Kinda like libtards going into meltdowns! hahahahahahahaha

-=[Bob]=-
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by MGunns
Originally Posted by Mako25
W

That's all he's done. Flat ugly most of the time (not today!), but W's non-the-less.

Can't think of a second year QB since Brady who has done likewise. In fact I can't think of a second year starter who has.

Roethlisberger

That's what I was thinking. Went to AFC title game as a rookie and won the Super Bowl in his second year.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by teal
There are still other QB's I'd rather have over him.

I'm not especially a Tebow fan, and he just beat my team, but what you say doesn't mean much -- there are lots of fans who'd prefer other QBs over their own.

Gotta give the kid credit. He'll grow into the job and be a coveted QB.

Steve.

He beat them but Pittsburgh was running at half speed or less on both sides of the ball last night.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hell of a throw the kid made. Props on that for sure. Loved it, thought it was the play of the playoffs to this point.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Denver's top receiver was out with a knee injury. Both teams had injury problems.
Denver defense performed great. Their kicker was perfect with FG and PATs.
Tim ran for 50 yards, AND a touchdown. For the year, he has 660 yards, over 5 yards a carry, and 6 touchdowns.

Sam......

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
???

Steve.

Anybody that laid $ down on the Steelers.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by luv2safari
You won't say that in a year or two. He is the real deal.

You do realize my QB is Aaron Rodgers - right? Cuz John Fox would sell Tebow to white slave traders from Somalia tonight to get Aaron.

Snort.... your QB. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Turn on ESPN radio this AM.... you'll find plenty of Tebow critics, starting with Mel Kiper, and Mike Golic!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Let's see any of those other dainty-legged QBs pull it down and ram it up the middle.. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TJ Yates

Not a word mumbled 'bout him - and he is a rookie.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Put very plaimnly-Tebow is a winner. And in more ways than one.

FJB & FJT
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by prm
Tebow is great for the Broncos. His strength is not his passing though. He is a motivator, he makes great runs to keep drives alive and is different than what defenses are used to. His passing is getting better, but still inconsistent. He smoothes that out and he will be a very good QB. Tough to compare to guys like Rodgers or Brees right now.

Exactly. Tebow was the spark that the Broncos needed--for a long time.

And he will undoubtedly get better..........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I give Denver's coaches credit for the win. All game long, time after time, they ran the option up the middle on first down. It got to be that is what everybody, especially the Steeler's defense, was expecting.

What happens on the first play of overtime? Steelers pack the line, the safeties move up leaving the middle open, and BAM!, playaction pass and touchdown Denver!!

Yeah, give Tebow and the reciever credit for making the play, but that was coaching brilliance.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (6mmbrfan, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 894 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,119
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.