Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
The triple 316 deal is a real eye opener, the nay-sayers to his prayer are to damn fat to be walkin' on thin ice.

Gunner

Trump Won!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like Bradshaw but of course I'm a Pa boy so I'm biased.

I'll add Aikman to the list of announcers who need roshamboed in the nuts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
The triple 316 deal is a real eye opener, the nay-sayers to his prayer are to damn fat to be walkin' on thin ice.

Gunner

Isn't it odd how God only answers the prayers of one team each game?

Maybe the other teams have to start prayin' harder.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Lookee what I found. The dude can actually sing! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gruden talks to damn much.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That wasn't lip syncing?

Damn Bradshaw,.....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rrroae
That wasn't lip syncing?

Damn Bradshaw,.....

I'm not sure. Sounded to good to be live.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Gunner

Does God bother you in some way?

if so i'll PM you my address so you can send me all your money grin, since God is printed on each note and coin, i'll relieve You of that discomfort.

Gunner

Trump Won!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Dang! That was a whole lot better than I expected.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Gunner

I believe that the prayers, rather than being for success or victory, are either asking for the strength and guidance to perform the task at hand to the best of one's ability or are giving thanks for the strength and guidance for the task performed.

I, personally, prefer prayer to be carried out in a private, unnoticed manner, but I still much prefer a public display of quiet reverence to some sort of primitive, spasmodic display of crotch-grabbing self-adulation.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Gunner

I believe that the prayers, rather than being for success or victory, are either asking for the strength and guidance to perform the task at hand to the best of one's ability or are giving thanks for the strength and guidance for the task performed.

I, personally, prefer prayer to be carried out in a private, unnoticed manner, but I still much prefer a public display of quiet reverence to some sort of primitive, spasmodic display of crotch-grabbing self-adulation.

Both displays are about vanity.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
He answers all prayers, just not as all prefer. It rains on the just and the unjust. (it's just that the unjust just go to he'll). Sometimes He just likes to send us a little clue. He gave some clues to the highly intelligent pharaoh, but he wouldn't see, until he got in the sea, so to speak.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eyeball
He answers all prayers, just not as all prefer. It rains on the just and the unjust. (it's just that the unjust just go to he'll). Sometimes He just likes to send us a little clue. He gave some clues to the highly intelligent pharaoh, but he wouldn't see, until he got in the sea, so to speak.

Most people interpret rain on the just and unjust as a bad thing for both, but what it really means is that God sends blessings to both.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hi Gary - got it. And, probably have enough scopes (NOT) for now. That was a very good deal.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Gunner

Well said 5sdad.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Tebow is a gift considering the NFL's mediocrity and 'will they play this year' gawd-awful customer relations.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
That wasn't lip syncing?

Damn Bradshaw,.....

I'm not sure. Sounded to good to be live.
His rendition was always my fav.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
There was not much of an off season program due to the lockout. What practice there was was with Orton practicing with the starters. The lack of timing seems to be improving. Most of all the play calling is improving. When you always run two up the middle then pass on 3rd and long it makes it easy for the other teams defense.

Osama and Obama both have friends who bombed the Pentagon.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball

Check this out:

Jeremiah 7:16 God said,
"As for you, do not pray for this people, and do not lift up a cry or prayer for them and do not intercede with Me for I do not hear you."

This is found in Jeremiah 11;14, 14;11 and Deuteronomy 1:45

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think Tebow rocks. Is he the best? No. Will he be the best ever? More than likely not. Is he a winner? Yeah baby!

I also admire his faith. Easy to sit behind these keyboards and criticize folks, but he's been very outspoken about his faith for a long time. I'm sure if there was some dirt somewhere, it would be aired. Kids got a lot of guts, and backbone. Give him some time and he's just going to keep getting better, and he's going to keep winning, at whatever he does.

The kid rocks.

Edited to add...

I've been a Christian for almost 17 years. I don't think God tips the scales one way or another in a sporting event. I do think He will help you as an individual do your best. But I don't think He wants one team to win more than another. I do however think that the Good Lord has an incredible sense of humor....

Passing yards, 316
Average pass, 31.6
TV rating, 31.6

You can explain that anyway you want, and I won't argue with you one bit. But I will smile! wink

Last edited by JBabcock; 01/09/12.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (6mmbrfan, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 894 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,119
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.