Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mako25
W

That's all he's done. Flat ugly most of the time (not today!), but W's non-the-less.

Can't think of a second year QB since Brady who has done likewise. In fact I can't think of a second year starter who has.

Right! "Flat Ugly" is a bit strong though. What I see is a non-prototype QB--more of a "fullback-linebacker" who can throw pretty well but who is a [/b] fiery competitor [b] !

Go Broncs!!

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
He will always be criticized because of what he believes.
He is not doing bad for a first year player,there is a lot to learn these days,what with all the different looks they throw at you.
On top of that no spring training or pre season to work out the kinks.
I don't know if they will advance after next week but next year he might be a lot better.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I like Tebow and wish him well. The early critics were correct. He is a great kid, great athelete, but still lacking in the skills needed to consistently be successful in the NFL. The fact that he was successful at the college level is not always an indicator of success in the NFL. Just look at how many Heisman Trophy winners have been dud's at the next level.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see Tebow lead Denver all the way to a Suberbowl victory. But when you give him an honest evaluation he is not anywhere near a top tier QB, not yet anyway.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it's why it makes it interesting, he isn't a great qb as far as typical nfl qb skills go.

but he'll win some games you think he won't cause of never say die and the exuberance and spirited plays of those on his team.

the way they backed into the playoffs who could see this coming?

it's what makes sports really fun and interesting.

in the same vein the 07 Giants, just knew there was no way Eli was gonna lead em back down the field and score in response to the Patriots taking the lead.

gave props to wideout Sanders for his catch and run in another thread. Outstanding effort, so only fair to mention the outstanding play of Denver's mostly 3 man rush that still got to the hobbled Rothlisberger

seldom does one man win a game in a team sport, but the right man can sure make a difference in how his teammates play. we might be seeing some of that when Tebow takes the field.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by plainsman456
He is not doing bad for a first year player,there is a lot to learn these days,what with all the different looks they throw at you.
On top of that no spring training or pre season to work out the kinks.
I don't know if they will advance after next week but next year he might be a lot better.

He's not a first year player. Drafted last year by McDaniels. he played last year and has had the benefit of an off season program. He is NOT a rookie.

Me

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

the way they backed into the playoffs who could see this coming?

Me! smile smile

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nice call then, Brent, nice call indeed

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mako25
W

That's all he's done. Flat ugly most of the time (not today!), but W's non-the-less.

Can't think of a second year QB since Brady who has done likewise. In fact I can't think of a second year starter who has.

Roethlisberger

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Rush pegged it on Friday!

Glockin' Bob
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." -- Thomas Jefferson
"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Yes, and if McGahee hadn't fumbled at such an inopportune time, then Tebow probably would not have had to do much but cruise to the win.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He really needs to improve on his accuracy and his release. Basically everything you look for in a QB

He's a great kid and I really hope he is "the guy" in Denver. It'll be hard for him to get to where he needs to be but the kid is a winner and you can't coach want to and desire. Tebow has got the drive to do it, just have to see if he can make it work

Last edited by huntsonora; 01/08/12.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JMR40
I like Tebow and wish him well. The early critics were correct. He is a great kid, great athelete, but still lacking in the skills needed to consistently be successful in the NFL. The fact that he was successful at the college level is not always an indicator of success in the NFL. Just look at how many Heisman Trophy winners have been dud's at the next level.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see Tebow lead Denver all the way to a Suberbowl victory. But when you give him an honest evaluation he is not anywhere near a top tier QB, not yet anyway.
But definitely top tier when it comes to first year. I can't remember any other doing better.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
He's a fairly big, tough kid with a lot of athletic ability. He's still a bit raw but he has a great work ethic. I'm sure he'll be working in the off season at getting better at passing and reads. A ton of potential.

Glockin' Bob
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." -- Thomas Jefferson
"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really don't like New England and their queer qb but I'll be cheering them on next week.<grin>

Yeah,....

Steelere fans hold a grudge.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
T and more importantly, the rest of the team, looked good this evening. Hope he stays relaxed and on top of his game for next weekend. Hope the rest of team shows up again.

I think this guy has lots of promise. The family here is quite happy!!

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
With the man's college statistics, how could anyone say, anywhere that he is a terrible quarterback. Its like saying just because someone scored a perfect on their SAT's and ACT's doesn't mean they are smart. Its never been about him its been about what he believes. I am a big steeler fan, but Tebow was on tonight when he had to be. Did Steelers miss their entire starting defensive line, yes. Did Ben limp and move like an old woman, yes. If anybody was going to beat them I'm glad it was denver. It just gets under my skin when people climb all over the kid and say its because of his playing ability, be honest and say you don't like him because of his religious views and how open he is about it. He's good, not great, but definetely not a bad quarterback.

God bless,

MM

+1 Thats the exact reason. Mitchell Mountain is an honest man...

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
got to go with -- TEBUMO

played a good game -- great - nope

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When the young man really learns his job he's going to dangerous.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In some quiet moments, Tim Tebow must get a kick and a smile reading the critical and comparative comments of these "experts" all over the web and elsewhere who think it really important to slice and dice his playing ability. Critics who never played the game well - some at any level.

He must wonder "who cares" about how I compare to so and so or how good I am going to be - or not. My bet says that, if you were to get him to answer, he would be forthright about his shortcomings as compared to many other QBs and would tell you that he does not know what the future holds or how he will stack up over time. I think he has a clear head and humble heart - something that a lot of players could use. He is a fine athlete, he loves the game, he plays it well, he is a leader - what do you want in a pro QB?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He threw for 316 (John 3:16.?) yards tonight, [b][color:#3333FF]I kid you not...[/color][/b]

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (163bc, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 270wsmnutt, 26 invisible), 14,174 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,109
Posts18,541,996
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.