Home
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
[b][color:#3333FF]Here's a link to the story...[/color][/b]

Press conference called at 8:15 ET....
Posted By: milespatton Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
I just heard on drive time sports that Channel 7, in Little Rock is reporting that he has been fired. miles
Posted By: okok Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
Sweet.
Posted By: OldCenterChurch Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
That should set the Hogs back a few years.

I wonder how this will effect the recruiting class. Will be interesting to follow.

Means nothing to me, but he's one hell of a coach.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12

Maybe a long time. Bad time of the year to be looking for a Coach. I hate it for the program but hey Nutt may be looking for a job. grin miles
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
And the rest of the SEC takes a huge sigh of relief.
Posted By: DuxHateMe Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
And the hot spotlight is on Urban Meyer now about impropriety at Florida before he bailed. These guys are unbelievable.
Posted By: Nail Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Well, everyone except Alabama and LSU....grin

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
Well, since LSU is 2-2 against him, I'm sure they are glad.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
Does he get to take blondey with him?
Posted By: TBaker5390 Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
I was torn...Guy get's some strange...not my moral fiber but ok...guy hires strange...not good for job retaining...won a bunch..ok good for job retaining...moral fiber...win a bunch of games...Christian says fire hm...fan says bitchslap him...

Damn!
Posted By: GeauxLSU Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
The way he has historically conducted himself made him fairly easy to dislike.
Posted By: Soulfly Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch

I wonder how this will effect the recruiting class. Will be interesting to follow.

Means nothing to me, but he's one hell of a coach.

As a fan of a team that recently lost its coach I can tell you it will with out a doubt have an adverse effect on the recruiting class. I will be intrested to see if they offer the job to Tuberville or someone else?
Posted By: .280Rem Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
SBNation not the most credible news outlet in the world. I'll wait on the presser.
Posted By: byc Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
Originally Posted by Nail

Game on as in GO Gamecocks! smile

It's coming!
Johnson, Davis, Malzahn, Tuberville....in that order...likely Davis or Tuberville maybe Malzahn because his contract would be easy to buy out
Posted By: TXRam Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12
on ESPN, Yahoo, etc. now . . .
Originally Posted by .280Rem
SBNation not the most credible news outlet in the world. I'll wait on the presser.

In 15 mins?
Posted By: Soulfly Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/10/12

Yahoo sports is also reporting hes been fired.
Originally Posted by byc

It's coming!

It would take something like this for you 2 beat us...congratuations?... wink
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Couple of reporters close to the program have said he was offered terms to stay but rejected them, giving Long no choice but to fire him.
Originally Posted by byc

It's coming!

Maybe ya'll can finally get a win over us, but i doubt it will happen this year.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
However it shakes out, I hope Arkansas doesn't miss a beat. Hate to see a good team suffer for something like this.
Posted By: TXRam Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Originally Posted by byc

It's coming!

Maybe ya'll can finally get a win over us, but i doubt it will happen this year.

Nah, they were too tired of getting beat by us and chose Texas A&M as their rival from the West . . . missed opportunity!
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
Johnson, Davis, Malzahn, Tuberville....in that order...likely Davis or Tuberville maybe Malzahn because his contract would be easy to buy out

Don't forget,..Tommy Bowden is still available... laugh
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Petrino is a dirt-ball of the first order.

But he sure does win football games.

Glad to see him take the fall, both off of his motorcycle and getting fired.

Steve
Posted By: TBaker5390 Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE

Steve

You from Louisville or Atlanta?
Posted By: .280Rem Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Kinda surprised they pulled the trigger. I though if they were going to, it would have been done quicker.
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE

Steve

You from Louisville or Atlanta?

ROFLMFAO!
Posted By: Longbob Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Hey, the Saints are looking for a coach.
Kinda surprised they pulled the trigger. I though if they were going to, it would have been done quicker.

Had a bad feeling he was gone...or glad they did...can't figure it out just yet. If we try to limp by with an interim head coach it most likely will be a failure. If we get one of the 4 I mentioned it will be up in the air...but still probably a failure...on a very promising season.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
I'm from close enough to Atlanta to be a little giddy over his troubles. He may know something about coaching in college, but he was clueless when he had to deal with grown men. All the players hated him in Atlanta and were glad to see him go even if it was in the middle of the night before the season ended.

I do hate it for the players, they deserve better. But I cannot feel any sympathy towards Arkansas administrators. They knew his reputation when they hired him.
Posted By: Soulfly Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
[s][/s]
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Don't forget,..Tommy Bowden is still available... laugh

Speaking of the. Bowdens y'all better fear the dadgum roo!

linky
Sherman is available whistle
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12

Looks like you were right, I was wrong on this one.

Had a bad feeling he was gone...or glad they did...can't figure it out just yet. If we try to limp by with an interim head coach it most likely will be a failure. If we get one of the 4 I mentioned it will be up in the air...but still probably a failure...on a very promising season.

Who do you think are the possible candidates. I think Malzahn just curled up in the fetal position and is weeping.

I met Garrick McGee last weekend, and watched a scrimmage from the sideline. He seems like a very good guy and coach. He'd be cheap to buyout from UAB. I don't see how you get a name coach this time of year.
Posted By: GeauxLSU Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
However it shakes out, I hope Arkansas doesn't miss a beat. Hate to see a good team suffer for something like this.
Me too.

We have seen what Sherman can do without Favre...although...Wilson is the MAN...
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Looks like you were right, I was wrong on this one.

I didn't say it wasn't true, just that I don't trust SBNation to have real sources most times.

Didn't he take the OC job in Miami?
Posted By: Foxbat Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Most likely name a one and done interim and hire the new coach end of this season.

We have seen what Sherman can do without Favre...although...Wilson is the MAN...

I think Sherman is better than Tuberville.
Originally Posted by 270LightningBLR

I didn't know, but Wikipedia says you are correct.
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Most likely name a one and done interim and hire the new coach end of this season.

Id have to agree with that since we just went through it.
How many NC rings does Sherman have? How many undefeated seasons?

TT by a mile if I am hiring.
If they're willing to hire a coordinator, they can get a quality coach now.

Who do you think are the possible candidates. I think Malzahn just curled up in the fetal position and is weeping.

I met Garrick McGee last weekend, and watched a scrimmage from the sideline. He seems like a very good guy and coach. He'd be cheap to buyout from UAB. I don't see how you get a name coach this time of year.

Could be McGee...he woulda made my list of 5. Johnson gets talked about because it just seems right. Davis is an Arkansas boy with ties to Johnson and the Cowboys...and Arkansas was looking at him before they fired Nutt. Malzahn because of a natural...or unnatural fit. Tuberville, because he could do oh so much more here, but does not posess the Offense kahunies this team is built around.

I didn't know, but Wikipedia says you are correct.

I only knew because the browns wanted him and lost out to the fishes
How many NC rings does Sherman have? How many undefeated seasons?

TT by a mile if I am hiring.

Hes just wasting away in Texas anyhow

Could be McGee...he woulda made my list of 5. Johnson gets talked about because it just seems right. Davis is an Arkansas boy with ties to Johnson and the Cowboys...and Arkansas was looking at him before they fired Nutt. Malzahn because of a natural...or unnatural fit. Tuberville, because he could do oh so much more here, but does not posess the Offense kahunies this team is built around.

JJ isn't coming back to coaching, if he was it would have been Miami last year.

Davis is a possibility and I'm sure he's kicking himself right now for accepting DC under the [bleep] at TB.

TT makes sense because he simply can't do what he is capable of at TT, but could at Arky with the right OC.
Posted By: okok Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Gregg Williams. laugh

Johnson? Davis?

If Tubs brought his current OC with him, the offensive talent set would be made for that offense. I think Tubs learned his lesson in 08, and is a little more willing to let the OC do what he does. He's be "home" too. You can bank on this, Jimmy Sexton will be burning up the cell minutes calling Fayetteville.

Anyone but Malzahn. No way do I want that guy here. He got lucky at Auburn because he had Newton. His receivers don't even know the most basic terminology that most high school receivers know.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/auburns_trooper_taylor_says_hi.html
[quote=TBaker5390]

Davis is a possibility and I'm sure he's kicking himself right now for accepting DC under the [bleep] at TB.

TT makes sense because he simply can't do what he is capable of at TT, but could at Arky with the right OC.

I cant see any way the ncaa lets Davis coach again after the big fit they had with tressel I just cant see it.

Anyone but Malzahn. No way do I want that guy here. He got lucky at Auburn because he had Newton. His receivers don't even know the most basic terminology that most high school receivers know.

ROFLMFAO!

Didn't know you were a Nutt fan...
Posted By: Darrel Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Couldn't have happened to a more deserving fellow! He got what he earned. It was inevitable, really. Just have to look at the situation with no skin in the game; the outcome had to be what it was. Karma can be hell. Let's just see what they buy to replace him now.
[quote=TBaker5390]

I cant see any way the ncaa lets Davis coach again after the big fit they had with tressel I just cant see it.

Because Tressel lied to the NCAA and had the Show Cause letter hung around his neck, while Davis was guilty only of hiring a bad apple. Davis has no NCAA restrictions on him.
I didn't read the whole report on UNC but I just cant see them letting Davis back in this soon with out looking g weak.

ROFLMFAO!

You don't believe Trooper?

How did he do without Newton?
Posted By: BrentD Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12

Well, I'll be damned. Almost enough to make me religious wink

ROFLMFAO!

He's won everywhere he has been?
Originally Posted by BrentD

Well, I'll be damned. Almost enough to make me religious wink

Where are the other College football haters high fiving Arkansas for doing what they said wouldn't be done?
I didn't read the whole report on UNC but I just cant see them letting Davis back in this soon with out looking g weak.

I'm not sticking up for him, just pointing out that unlike Tressel, the NCAA didn't sanction him. He was guilty of what a lot of coaches that run their programs into probation are guilty of, poor hiring choices and lack of oversight.

I hope Les Miles takes up motorcycling.

I'm not sticking up for him, just pointing out that unlike Tressel, the NCAA didn't sanction him. He was guilty of what a lot of coaches that run their programs into probation are guilty of, poor hiring choices and lack of oversight.

You mean like Pete Carol? He didn't do nothing wrong either
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU

LOL.

I think he and Nick Satan should head up to Sturgis together...
Posted By: 1B Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
He always has a shot at a job at Ohio State if their current arrangment goe s awry -- meaning he gets caught too. TYhey hire anybody.

1B

ROFLMFAO!

Yeah I believe Trooper. They're learning a new OC's system. If you knew anything about football, you'd know a couple of things.

1. There's no universal language in football. Learning a new offense's communication system is like learning a foreign language. He didn't say they didn't know what a hitch or curl was, just are still learning their responsibilities based on the play call.

2. You'd also know that players are the primary component in winning. Malzahn/Chizik exceeded expectations in 2009 and 2011. Hell they exceeded expectations in 2010. In 2011, they started 2 Fr. on the OL, and didn't have an SEC quality QB. I'm shocked we did as well as we did. If you don't believe players make coaches look smart simply look at Petrino. He's a good coach, be he simply didn't have the talent to hang with Bama or LSU this past year. He's as good a coach as Miles, maybe better, and damn close to Saban. Yet, he was blown out by both teams, and won 11 other games.
Posted By: Huntr Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
I think I will buy Tuberville a Harley tomorrow!!!! smile Anything to get him out at Tech...
Posted By: cdhunt Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Play with fire, eventually you will get burnt. Again all universities seem to be on the same path of destruction. Don't need to name as the press does a rotten job.

Have the Saints put a bounty on him that ell fix em
Posted By: shootem Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12

From the way he get's cussed in Loozyanna do you think he'd be drivin' or ridin' on the back? grin

LOL.

I think he and Nick Satan should head up to Sturgis together...
The Alabama faithful would cover every road on the way with pillows to make sure NEITHER ONE of them were hurt.

Guys that make comments about coaching and coaches like he does, are too ignorant about it to even debate.

You mean like Pete Carol? He didn't do nothing wrong either

USC was hit with obstruction. I don't recall if Pete was specifically involved, but they were specifically hammered for that and like perjury, the NCAA frowns on that.

He was headed back to the NFL again anyways, his ego had to prove NE and NY were a fluke.

Originally Posted by shootem

From the way he get's cussed in Loozyanna do you think he'd be drivin' or ridin' on the back? grin
Probably both. He'd be trying to drive from the backseat. Probably be facing the wrong way too. Yet... odds are, he'd still make it there. Heck of a bike he's got.
Mark Emmert says hes re writing the rule book so we will see what happens if they try to hire Davis I just think its too soon for him to make a comeback

How'd he do last year without Newton? We'll see how he does as a head coach, but hopefully we wont see it at the UofA. I'm betting Auburn will look a lot better on offense this year. I take it the Auburn fan here thinks they won't.

How'd he do last year without Newton? We'll see how he does as a head coach, but hopefully we wont see it at the UofA. I'm betting Auburn will look a lot better on offense this year. I take it the Auburn fan here thinks they won't.

You're football genius.

Arkansas fan without knowing what Malzahn did at Springdale?
Posted By: milespatton Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Well, I just watched the press conference with Jeff Long, AD. Petrino has been fired with cause, which means no big payout. It seems that He and the young Lady was an item before she was hired and He was on the panel that interview her. She won out over 159 other applicants. Somewhere along the line Petrino gave her $20000.00 and he was not offered any way to stay. miles

He sounds like a typical Finebaum caller. And I guarantee you he thinks what he's saying makes him look "football savvy".
Originally Posted by milespatton
Well, I just watched the press conference with Jeff Long, AD. Petrino has been fired with cause, which means no big payout. It seems that He and the young Lady was an item before she was hired and He was on the panel that interview her. She won out over 159 other applicants. Somewhere along the line Petrino gave her $20000.00 and he was not offered any way to stay. miles

As bad as all that sounds it will be a cakewalk compaired to dealing with Mrs Petrinos lawyers.

As bad as all that sounds it will be a cakewalk compaired to dealing with Mrs Petrinos lawyers.

2 Fayetteville divorce attorneys stand to make a nice chunk I'd bet.

2 Fayetteville divorce attorneys stand to make a nice chunk I'd bet.

Bob is jealous... wink
Posted By: BrentD Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12

One can hope. Ms. Elin Woods might have a good reference for a quality lawyer or two
I'll toss this name out...Perfect Fit..!
Barry Switzer..!
I'll toss this name out...Perfect Fit..!
Barry Switzer..!

lol...Ark is better than OK's problems...not saying much...
Posted By: noharleyyet Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
[Linked Image]
Nah, after his falling out of grace with JJ, no way! Not that you were even remotely serious, but I'm sure JJ will have a a good part of the decision again.
The AD did mention that this is a bad time of the year to be looking for a head coach and that we might have to go with an interim coach for the rest of this year. He has asked the assistant head coach to take charge until after spring football, while he puts out some feelers. miles
At least 2 lawyers maybe 3.........bloods in the water sharks are circling
The AD did mention that this is a bad time of the year to be looking for a head coach and that we might have to go with an interim coach for the rest of this year. He has asked the assistant head coach to take charge until after spring football, while he puts out some feelers. miles

Worse timing than the primaries...says something...

If you're that big of an Arkansas fan, then you know how half the state feels about him, and it ain't good.

I harken back to late November with the pouting Petrino launching the F bombs at Les from across the field..... and I ever so slightly smile....
I look for them to do like Ohio State did this past year. Forget this year and make a big splash with a well known coach at the start of recruiting season Urban got a late start in recruiting this year and still had a top 5 class so it can be done.

If you're that big of an Arkansas fan, then you know how half the state feels about him, and it ain't good.

Because he whipped their ass?

Because he whipped their ass?

You can forget it. Guys that "judge" coaches like him don't have a single clue what they're talking about. However, they think they're football geniuses.
You know that guy you used to have in your picture? he doesn't agree with you either.

@Ryan_Mallett_15 weighs in:

7:57 GM [Garrick McGee] only coach Ark should look at if they wanna win now

8:04 And not Gus M

8:04 That would be a mistake

He most likely is right. Best solution for the short term and maybe the long term. miles
Of course Mallett played under Garrick, and not under Gus . . .

Not that Gus would be my first choice, but Ryan (acts like a thug) Mallett wouldn't be on my list of consultants if I were Jeff Long.
You know that guy you used to have in your picture? he doesn't agree with you either.

Just because a guy gets elected to be my avatar...doesn't mean I think he is the brightest bulb in the drawer...your mileage may vary...but I do apprecite the vote of confidence...

Just because a guy gets elected to be my avatar...doesn't mean I think he is the brightest bulb in the drawer...your mileage may vary...but I do apprecite the vote of confidence...

Can't imagine a player giving his vote of confidence for a guy he played for vs a coach from a team that whipped his team's ass.
He most likely is right. Best solution for the short term and maybe the long term. miles

McGee made my list of 5...and not a horrible choice...It will be a hard row to hoe for anyone...but need someone that can take this class to the heights they deserve...I think Malzahn could do it easier than McGee..

From my armchair...
Posted By: RobJordan Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Seems a harsh penalty for lying about a private dalliance.
So 280, really, do you think your offense is better or worse this year? I'm guessing you're better. Whats wrong with that?
Garrick McGee is a good coach. What we don't know is if he can be a head coach in the SEC. Some people shine when they are the head man and some don't. miles
Originally Posted by RobJordan

Its been going on well before he hired her, and what was the $20K in cash for? The 159 other people who applied for her job may be a little ticked off tonight.
Garrick McGee is a good coach. What we don't know is if he can be a head coach in the SEC. Some people shine when they are the head man and some don't. miles

It's going to be hard to get anyone this time of year. What man of integrity will leave their team after spring ball? I'm not that crazy about the pool of coaches sitting at home right now.
Its been going on well before he hired her, and what was the $20K in cash for? The 159 other people who applied for her job may be a little ticked off tonight.

What the AD said. Until she was hired as his assistant and with him having had a hand in the hiring, it was no business of the University. miles
So 280, really, do you think your offense is better or worse this year? I'm guessing you're better. Whats wrong with that?

I'm guessing we're completely different. Better? Yet to be seen. If we are, it's because we're more mature on the OL, and have better QB play, which wouldn't take much. You're still ignorant as [bleep] about coaches.

I am not saying Petrino did not deserve to be fired...As a fan..I am disappointed...but as a man of at least some moral fiber..am proud that our University did the moral thing... as whomever we get...will not bring this class to their just rewards...but may convince a parent or 2 to persuade their recruit to sign with us...something...maybe

I'm not that crazy about the pool of coaches sitting at home right now.

That alone would be a good reason to consider every one of them.
AD would not state what her status is at this time. I was thinking that "Hell, she has already been paid for...." I know bad joke. Sorry. miles
I am not saying Petrino did not deserve to be fired...As a fan..I am disappointed...but as a man of at least some moral fiber..am proud that our University did the moral thing... as whomever we get...will not bring this class to their just rewards...but may convince a parent or 2 to persuade their recruit to sign with us...something...maybe

Couldn't have expressed my feelings about it much better!

My point, that I seem to be having a hard time making, is not everyone in this state has the same opinion as you. Hiring Gus would be more divisive than firing Petrino. Even here in NWA he is not thought of highly by many, regardless of what he did at Springdale and the UofA.

I'm guessing we're completely different. Better? Yet to be seen. If we are, it's because we're more mature on the OL, and have better QB play, which wouldn't take much. You're still ignorant as [bleep] about coaches.

So your coach has nothing to do with better QB play?

My point, that I seem to be having a hard time making, is not everyone in this state has the same opinion as you. Hiring Gus would be more divisive than firing Petrino. Even here in NWA he is not thought of highly by many, regardless of what he did at Springdale and the UofA.

Fans are largely ignorant. Shouldn't make one bit of difference what they think The Auburn Family was mostly up in arms about the Chizik hire. We were all, thankfully, wrong.

Malzahn won at Springdale, won at Ark, won at Tulsa, won at Aub...what am I missing? Is that the progression that a HS coach should take...now granted he turned down Vandy and accepted ARKSU...scratches head...not enough to not be willing to admit we are better off with him than some interim head coach for the year of the RAZORBACK!!!
Posted By: PMC Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Bet Gus Malzahn is on the short list

I am sure Fayetteville, and Rogers, and Bentonville do not like the way Malzahn beat them with the mercy rule in play. Malzahn has won at every level he has coached at...you may not like facts...but others appreciate them...

So your coach has nothing to do with better QB play?

If it's better, yes. But if it's better it won't be with Clint Moseley, as there's no talent there to work with. Frazier was a true Fr. last year, and not given much of the offense or reps, but got a bit of experience. The QB, whoever it is, won't be asked to do the same things. My money is on Fraizer.

Trust me, you seriously have no clue what your talking about. You spout crap that is heard uttered by the unwashed masses on sports talk radio.
Posted By: kroo88 Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12

Fired for this... Ozzie gets 5 games for saying something about Castro

This country and ESPN are so bleeping politically correct

Are you kidding me?

Malzahn won at Springdale, won at Ark, won at Tulsa, won at Aub...what am I missing? Is that the progression that a HS coach should take...now granted he turned down Vandy and accepted ARKSU...scratches head...not enough to not be willing to admit we are better off with him than some interim head coach for the year of the RAZORBACK!!!

You're missing the fact that he hates Malzahn, and will cherry pick some reason to make it look like his opinion is based in football knowledge rather than just ignorant hate.

Facts be damned, he had one bad season out of 6 in D1 football and the only thing he can come up with is "how'd he do without Cam?"
I don't understand what's so great about Malzahn. Anyone can look smart with Superman in the backfield. Ask Mack Brown.

I am sure Fayetteville, and Rogers, and Bentonville do not like the way Malzahn beat them with the mercy rule in play. Malzahn has won at every level he has coached at...you may not like facts...but others appreciate them...

I'm sure you have lots of friends in AR. Ask them what they think of Malzahn and what the general feeling of him is within the state. I'm here in Fayetteville every day, and doubt I'm just unlucky enough to run into all the Gus haters.
I don't understand what's so great about Malzahn. Anyone can look smart with Superman in the backfield. Ask Mack Brown.

He's a good coach. Great? Maybe, maybe not. Every coach, including Malzahn will tell you great players make them look smart. No coach wins without talent, and no coach wins championships without GREAT talent.

Coaching axiom No. 1: "You can lose with talent, but you can't win without it". The fallacy of "coaching up" a bunch of scrubs to win it all is a thing of fiction.

You're missing the fact that he hates Malzahn, and will cherry pick some reason to make it look like his opinion is based in football knowledge rather than just ignorant hate.

Facts be damned, he had one bad season out of 6 in D1 football and the only thing he can come up with is "how'd he do without Cam?"

One bad season?...not Aub last year??...or maybe it is. Hate to see what he thinks of his dream pick for Ark coach next year...after he loses Wilson...Davis...
[quote=TBaker5390]
I'm sure you have lots of friends in AR. Ask them what they think of Malzahn and what the general feeling of him is within the state. I'm here in Fayetteville every day, and doubt I'm just unlucky enough to run into all the Gus haters.

You've been asked, and as usual, you dance around and avoid direct response most of the time, and when you do directly respond, you stand on someone else's opinion other than your own.

Tell us WHY they are Gus haters?

Why would I hate Malzahn? I don't even know the man. I have no desire to see him as our head coach because I feel his offense is gimmicky at best. Having the heisman trophy winner at QB would make anyone look like a genius.

I grew up there...go there many times a year...but granted I am from Springdale and played for Jenkins...and all I see is family from Springdale...but I am also quite aware that the hatred from outside of Springdale... is because Malzahn made their teams look like 3rd graders...sorry?

Why would I hate Malzahn? I don't even know the man. I have no desire to see him as our head coach because I feel his offense is gimmicky at best. Having the heisman trophy winner at QB would make anyone look like a genius.

What did newton do before Malzahn was his coach...OC?

One bad season?...not Aub last year??...or maybe it is. Hate to see what he thinks of his dream pick for Ark coach next year...after he loses Wilson...Davis...

Yep, Malzahn's "worst" season statistically and in wins (though he's only one side of the ball), but we still managed to win 8, and did it with a world of problems. And bad as the offense was, the defense was worse.

I have no desire to see him as our head coach because I feel his offense is gimmicky at best. Having the heisman trophy winner at QB would make anyone look like a genius.

First statement, ignorant as hell! I bet you couldn't tell me one thing he does schematically, or philosophically.

Second one, if you step back and think about football, is highly accurate, and goes for every coach on the planet.

JUCO All American of some sort I believe.

JUCO All American of some sort I believe.

Shame the ignorant [bleep] that think you judge coaches by what they do with no talent, and discount any success they have with talent.

I have no desire to see him as our head coach because I feel his offense is gimmicky at best. Having the heisman trophy winner at QB would make anyone look like a genius.

First statement, ignorant as hell! I bet you couldn't tell me one thing he does schematically, or philosophically.

Second one, if you step back and think about football, is highly accurate, and goes for every coach on the planet.

Guess you didn't see Grudens interviews before the draft. Neither could Newton.

Yep, you're eat slam up with "ignorant fan".

I wonder. Are you such an abrasive prick in real life or just the internet? If you got rid of name calling, you'd have no arguement at all. Lets just ignore each other and both be happy.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
...What did newton do before Malzahn was his coach...OC?

Rather loaded question, that.

I wonder. Are you such an abrasive prick in real life or just the internet? If you got rid of name calling, you'd have no arguement at all. Lets just ignore each other and both be happy.

Name calling? I said you hated Malzahn because I assumed you were in the half of the state you said hated him. YOU said it, not me. "Ignorant football fan" is a condition, not a name, and you suffer from it greatly. I can't help your ignorance when you support your position with ignorant [bleep].

I thought you had chosen to ignore me last year during your stupid rants about Cam. You seem to like ignoring people that call you on your ignorant [bleep].
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
They come they go.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Please tell me you KNOW...Malzahn had 0 to do with Newton...outside of making him a hero...
Odds on if Petrino ends up in PAC Can't count...or Big Can't count?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Please tell me you KNOW...Malzahn had 0 to do with Newton...outside of making him a hero...

I was thinking of all of the things that Newton supposedly did outside of football before Malzahn was his coach/he came to Auburn.
Posted By: pa_gus Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
The big 10 or 12 is full for a couple years, till Meyer is sanctioned. I don't see him landing there.
I disagree about the Big Cant Count, you cant tell me that Indiana/Minnesota/Purdue would'nt love to have this guy? These are the kind of schools that would get a guy who just recently f'ed up his job at a larger school. Also, Kirk Ferentz will eventually leave for the NFL and Pat Fitzgerald wont be at NW forever and Bo Pelini is gong to be on the hot seat this year so there will be plenty of open jobs in the Big 10 in then next few years.
Odds on if Petrino ends up in PAC Can't count...or Big Can't count?

Kansas St.?
When is the NCAA going to get involved here. Using the Football complex to get your side whore a 6 figure gig, and paying her a $20K signing bonus to boot? Got to be major NCAA violations here!
I am sure there will be a presser to anounce "an investagation has started"
Posted By: gahuntertom Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Just talked to a good friend & big contributor to Tennessee football.. Look for Petrino to make a mid season appearance if Dooley doesn't get off to a 5-0 start.
Posted By: Nail Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
[Linked Image]

That's the last one, I promise....grin
laugh

Where'd you find that..?
I found it on an Ole Miss site. A lot of those guys are members on other SEC teams' sites. All I know is he goes by lsufreek and he does very good work when something of note happens in SEC/CFB.

Google him and check out some of his other work. It's quite funny.
Here's one about Cam Newton.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: noharleyyet Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/11/12
Man hands and runaway bride eyes...time to lawyer up and get paid.

Ka ching $$

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wingnut53 Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/13/12
Today on the news in Fayetteville U of A Students were riding scooters w/inflatable dolls behind them. My brother told me that there is now another possible woman involved.
Posted By: BrentD Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/13/12
Whatever happened to the one on the bike? Was she banged up (from the road) bad?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/13/12
Originally Posted by Wingnut53
...My brother told me that there is now another possible woman involved.

Even more interesting in that the individual is only possibly a woman. wink

Posted By: ironbender Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/13/12
Today on the news in Fayetteville U of A Students were riding scooters w/inflatable dolls behind them. My brother told me that there is now another possible woman involved.

His other fu** text buddy....Alison Melder

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...xt-messages-alison-melder/1#.T4eCfFbwCmQ

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ironbender Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/13/12
Certified horndog!
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/13/12
This revelation should further infuriate Mrs. Petrino..! Hope he's getting ready to give up half his stuff...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Longbob Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/13/12
He will keep the bike.
Posted By: okok Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/13/12
Originally Posted by ironbender

His other fu** text buddy....Alison Melder

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...xt-messages-alison-melder/1#.T4eCfFbwCmQ

[Linked Image]

Dayum.....
Posted By: OldCenterChurch Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/13/12
Bobby gives me hope!
Posted By: noharleyyet Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/13/12
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch
Bobby gives me hope!

3.5 mil a year will getcha more than hope.
Posted By: okok Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/13/12
Amazing what a Hung wallet will do. smile
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Petrino FIRED..! - 04/17/12

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire