-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He most likely is right. Best solution for the short term and maybe the long term. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Of course Mallett played under Garrick, and not under Gus . . .

Not that Gus would be my first choice, but Ryan (acts like a thug) Mallett wouldn't be on my list of consultants if I were Jeff Long.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
You know that guy you used to have in your picture? he doesn't agree with you either.

@Ryan_Mallett_15 weighs in:

7:57 GM [Garrick McGee] only coach Ark should look at if they wanna win now

8:04 And not Gus M

8:04 That would be a mistake

Just because a guy gets elected to be my avatar...doesn't mean I think he is the brightest bulb in the drawer...your mileage may vary...but I do apprecite the vote of confidence...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
You know that guy you used to have in your picture? he doesn't agree with you either.

Just because a guy gets elected to be my avatar...doesn't mean I think he is the brightest bulb in the drawer...your mileage may vary...but I do apprecite the vote of confidence...

Can't imagine a player giving his vote of confidence for a guy he played for vs a coach from a team that whipped his team's ass.

War Damn Eagle!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by milespatton
He most likely is right. Best solution for the short term and maybe the long term. miles

McGee made my list of 5...and not a horrible choice...It will be a hard row to hoe for anyone...but need someone that can take this class to the heights they deserve...I think Malzahn could do it easier than McGee..

From my armchair...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Seems a harsh penalty for lying about a private dalliance.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So 280, really, do you think your offense is better or worse this year? I'm guessing you're better. Whats wrong with that?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Garrick McGee is a good coach. What we don't know is if he can be a head coach in the SEC. Some people shine when they are the head man and some don't. miles

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RobJordan

Its been going on well before he hired her, and what was the $20K in cash for? The 159 other people who applied for her job may be a little ticked off tonight.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Garrick McGee is a good coach. What we don't know is if he can be a head coach in the SEC. Some people shine when they are the head man and some don't. miles

It's going to be hard to get anyone this time of year. What man of integrity will leave their team after spring ball? I'm not that crazy about the pool of coaches sitting at home right now.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Its been going on well before he hired her, and what was the $20K in cash for? The 159 other people who applied for her job may be a little ticked off tonight.

What the AD said. Until she was hired as his assistant and with him having had a hand in the hiring, it was no business of the University. miles

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So 280, really, do you think your offense is better or worse this year? I'm guessing you're better. Whats wrong with that?

I'm guessing we're completely different. Better? Yet to be seen. If we are, it's because we're more mature on the OL, and have better QB play, which wouldn't take much. You're still ignorant as [bleep] about coaches.

War Damn Eagle!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RobJordan

I am not saying Petrino did not deserve to be fired...As a fan..I am disappointed...but as a man of at least some moral fiber..am proud that our University did the moral thing... as whomever we get...will not bring this class to their just rewards...but may convince a parent or 2 to persuade their recruit to sign with us...something...maybe

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm not that crazy about the pool of coaches sitting at home right now.

That alone would be a good reason to consider every one of them.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AD would not state what her status is at this time. I was thinking that "Hell, she has already been paid for...." I know bad joke. Sorry. miles

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I am not saying Petrino did not deserve to be fired...As a fan..I am disappointed...but as a man of at least some moral fiber..am proud that our University did the moral thing... as whomever we get...will not bring this class to their just rewards...but may convince a parent or 2 to persuade their recruit to sign with us...something...maybe

Couldn't have expressed my feelings about it much better!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My point, that I seem to be having a hard time making, is not everyone in this state has the same opinion as you. Hiring Gus would be more divisive than firing Petrino. Even here in NWA he is not thought of highly by many, regardless of what he did at Springdale and the UofA.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by .280Rem

I'm guessing we're completely different. Better? Yet to be seen. If we are, it's because we're more mature on the OL, and have better QB play, which wouldn't take much. You're still ignorant as [bleep] about coaches.

So your coach has nothing to do with better QB play?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My point, that I seem to be having a hard time making, is not everyone in this state has the same opinion as you. Hiring Gus would be more divisive than firing Petrino. Even here in NWA he is not thought of highly by many, regardless of what he did at Springdale and the UofA.

Fans are largely ignorant. Shouldn't make one bit of difference what they think The Auburn Family was mostly up in arms about the Chizik hire. We were all, thankfully, wrong.

War Damn Eagle!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by .280Rem

Malzahn won at Springdale, won at Ark, won at Tulsa, won at Aub...what am I missing? Is that the progression that a HS coach should take...now granted he turned down Vandy and accepted ARKSU...scratches head...not enough to not be willing to admit we are better off with him than some interim head coach for the year of the RAZORBACK!!!

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 49 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,921
Posts18,518,822
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.