Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
PMC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bet Gus Malzahn is on the short list

shhh. be vewy vewy quiet. i'm hunting deer. uhhh uhhh uhhhh.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
You know that guy you used to have in your picture? he doesn't agree with you either.

@Ryan_Mallett_15 weighs in:

7:57 GM [Garrick McGee] only coach Ark should look at if they wanna win now

8:04 And not Gus M

8:04 That would be a mistake

Just because a guy gets elected to be my avatar...doesn't mean I think he is the brightest bulb in the drawer...your mileage may vary...but I do apprecite the vote of confidence...

My point, that I seem to be having a hard time making, is not everyone in this state has the same opinion as you. Hiring Gus would be more divisive than firing Petrino. Even here in NWA he is not thought of highly by many, regardless of what he did at Springdale and the UofA.

I am sure Fayetteville, and Rogers, and Bentonville do not like the way Malzahn beat them with the mercy rule in play. Malzahn has won at every level he has coached at...you may not like facts...but others appreciate them...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by .280Rem
So 280, really, do you think your offense is better or worse this year? I'm guessing you're better. Whats wrong with that?

I'm guessing we're completely different. Better? Yet to be seen. If we are, it's because we're more mature on the OL, and have better QB play, which wouldn't take much. You're still ignorant as [bleep] about coaches.

So your coach has nothing to do with better QB play?

If it's better, yes. But if it's better it won't be with Clint Moseley, as there's no talent there to work with. Frazier was a true Fr. last year, and not given much of the offense or reps, but got a bit of experience. The QB, whoever it is, won't be asked to do the same things. My money is on Fraizer.

Trust me, you seriously have no clue what your talking about. You spout crap that is heard uttered by the unwashed masses on sports talk radio.

War Damn Eagle!

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Seems a harsh penalty for lying about a private dalliance.

Fired for this... Ozzie gets 5 games for saying something about Castro

This country and ESPN are so bleeping politically correct

Are you kidding me?

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So 280, really, do you think your offense is better or worse this year? I'm guessing you're better. Whats wrong with that?

I'm guessing we're completely different. Better? Yet to be seen. If we are, it's because we're more mature on the OL, and have better QB play, which wouldn't take much. You're still ignorant as [bleep] about coaches.

Malzahn won at Springdale, won at Ark, won at Tulsa, won at Aub...what am I missing? Is that the progression that a HS coach should take...now granted he turned down Vandy and accepted ARKSU...scratches head...not enough to not be willing to admit we are better off with him than some interim head coach for the year of the RAZORBACK!!!

You're missing the fact that he hates Malzahn, and will cherry pick some reason to make it look like his opinion is based in football knowledge rather than just ignorant hate.

Facts be damned, he had one bad season out of 6 in D1 football and the only thing he can come up with is "how'd he do without Cam?"

War Damn Eagle!

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't understand what's so great about Malzahn. Anyone can look smart with Superman in the backfield. Ask Mack Brown.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know that guy you used to have in your picture? he doesn't agree with you either.

@Ryan_Mallett_15 weighs in:

7:57 GM [Garrick McGee] only coach Ark should look at if they wanna win now

8:04 And not Gus M

8:04 That would be a mistake

Just because a guy gets elected to be my avatar...doesn't mean I think he is the brightest bulb in the drawer...your mileage may vary...but I do apprecite the vote of confidence...

My point, that I seem to be having a hard time making, is not everyone in this state has the same opinion as you. Hiring Gus would be more divisive than firing Petrino. Even here in NWA he is not thought of highly by many, regardless of what he did at Springdale and the UofA.

I am sure Fayetteville, and Rogers, and Bentonville do not like the way Malzahn beat them with the mercy rule in play. Malzahn has won at every level he has coached at...you may not like facts...but others appreciate them...

I'm sure you have lots of friends in AR. Ask them what they think of Malzahn and what the general feeling of him is within the state. I'm here in Fayetteville every day, and doubt I'm just unlucky enough to run into all the Gus haters.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I don't understand what's so great about Malzahn. Anyone can look smart with Superman in the backfield. Ask Mack Brown.

He's a good coach. Great? Maybe, maybe not. Every coach, including Malzahn will tell you great players make them look smart. No coach wins without talent, and no coach wins championships without GREAT talent.

Coaching axiom No. 1: "You can lose with talent, but you can't win without it". The fallacy of "coaching up" a bunch of scrubs to win it all is a thing of fiction.

War Damn Eagle!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Malzahn won at Springdale, won at Ark, won at Tulsa, won at Aub...what am I missing? Is that the progression that a HS coach should take...now granted he turned down Vandy and accepted ARKSU...scratches head...not enough to not be willing to admit we are better off with him than some interim head coach for the year of the RAZORBACK!!!

You're missing the fact that he hates Malzahn, and will cherry pick some reason to make it look like his opinion is based in football knowledge rather than just ignorant hate.

Facts be damned, he had one bad season out of 6 in D1 football and the only thing he can come up with is "how'd he do without Cam?"

One bad season?...not Aub last year??...or maybe it is. Hate to see what he thinks of his dream pick for Ark coach next year...after he loses Wilson...Davis...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=TBaker5390]
I'm sure you have lots of friends in AR. Ask them what they think of Malzahn and what the general feeling of him is within the state. I'm here in Fayetteville every day, and doubt I'm just unlucky enough to run into all the Gus haters.

You've been asked, and as usual, you dance around and avoid direct response most of the time, and when you do directly respond, you stand on someone else's opinion other than your own.

Tell us WHY they are Gus haters?

War Damn Eagle!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Why would I hate Malzahn? I don't even know the man. I have no desire to see him as our head coach because I feel his offense is gimmicky at best. Having the heisman trophy winner at QB would make anyone look like a genius.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

I grew up there...go there many times a year...but granted I am from Springdale and played for Jenkins...and all I see is family from Springdale...but I am also quite aware that the hatred from outside of Springdale... is because Malzahn made their teams look like 3rd graders...sorry?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Why would I hate Malzahn? I don't even know the man. I have no desire to see him as our head coach because I feel his offense is gimmicky at best. Having the heisman trophy winner at QB would make anyone look like a genius.

What did newton do before Malzahn was his coach...OC?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

One bad season?...not Aub last year??...or maybe it is. Hate to see what he thinks of his dream pick for Ark coach next year...after he loses Wilson...Davis...

Yep, Malzahn's "worst" season statistically and in wins (though he's only one side of the ball), but we still managed to win 8, and did it with a world of problems. And bad as the offense was, the defense was worse.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have no desire to see him as our head coach because I feel his offense is gimmicky at best. Having the heisman trophy winner at QB would make anyone look like a genius.

First statement, ignorant as hell! I bet you couldn't tell me one thing he does schematically, or philosophically.

Second one, if you step back and think about football, is highly accurate, and goes for every coach on the planet.

War Damn Eagle!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

JUCO All American of some sort I believe.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider

JUCO All American of some sort I believe.

Shame the ignorant [bleep] that think you judge coaches by what they do with no talent, and discount any success they have with talent.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have no desire to see him as our head coach because I feel his offense is gimmicky at best. Having the heisman trophy winner at QB would make anyone look like a genius.

First statement, ignorant as hell! I bet you couldn't tell me one thing he does schematically, or philosophically.

Second one, if you step back and think about football, is highly accurate, and goes for every coach on the planet.

Guess you didn't see Grudens interviews before the draft. Neither could Newton.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yep, you're eat slam up with "ignorant fan".

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep, you're eat slam up with "ignorant fan".

I wonder. Are you such an abrasive prick in real life or just the internet? If you got rid of name calling, you'd have no arguement at all. Lets just ignore each other and both be happy.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 25aught6, 62 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,935
Posts18,518,976
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.