Home
Posted By: sidepass Grow house - 02/16/15
Seems my neighbors been growing pot for a while now. Appears he lives elsewhere but moves autos around and is tending his crop daily. Tired of smelling pot ,gives me a headache. Other neighbors say ignore it ,it's hurting no one. Well today I called and reported it to the local police and the dispatcher spoke to me like I was an idiot. Pissedme off and told her I know what pot smells like and don't have to go in the house to know what the hell is going on. Am I wrong? WTF!
No LEO's have come around at all as of yet.
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
I am sure they are only growing it for
worthy medical purposes.
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
Put a sign down at the driveway:

Free Pot, Help Yourself.!
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
Sell their pot and buy some Midol with the proceeds.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ringworm Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
Stop at a pay phone and call 911 reporting screams of a child from inside the house.
Posted By: deflave Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
Originally Posted by sidepass
Seems my neighbors been growing pot for a while now. Appears he lives elsewhere but moves autos around and is tending his crop daily. Tired of smelling pot ,gives me a headache. Other neighbors say ignore it ,it's hurting no one. Well today I called and reported it to the local police and the dispatcher spoke to me like I was an idiot. Pissedme off and told her I know what pot smells like and don't have to go in the house to know what the hell is going on. Am I wrong? WTF!

Give it time.

Dave
Posted By: passport Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
Originally Posted by ringworm
Stop at a pay phone and call 911 reporting screams of a child from inside the house.

That
Posted By: DesertSandman Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
Call PG&E or whoever provides electricity in your area, more than likely they're bypassing the meter.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Grow house - 02/16/15

No but it sounds like your local pd is lazy. More than likely the police show up and knock on the door, if they don't answer the door the police will leave. They require a warrant and more than likely will not acquire one for smoking dope? Wait until you start having random vehicles showing up at all times of the night and possibly a shooting or 2 then the police might get involved?

On a side not ask to speak with a LT or Chief about how you were addressed via dispatch? Next you can contact your mayor they usually have a complaint line? Good luck.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
cops do not want tips on drugs. Their hands are full already. I have tried for years to get a big pill dealer busted in my fair city. Evidently he is well connected, because they have never busted him.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick

midol because I care about a grow house in my neighborhood. GFY!

Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Grow house - 02/16/15

That is called false reporting of an emergency in most places. There can be huge penalty enhancements if somebody gets injured or killed as a result of the call.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
Originally Posted by Esox357

No but it sounds like your local pd is lazy. More than likely the police show up and knock on the door, if they don't answer the door the police will leave. They require a warrant and more than likely will not acquire one for smoking dope? Wait until you start having random vehicles showing up at all times of the night and possibly a shooting or 2 then the police might get involved?

On a side not ask to speak with a LT or Chief about how you were addressed via dispatch? Next you can contact your mayor they usually have a complaint line? Good luck.

And tell them too that your next phone call will be to the news media.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
Originally Posted by passport

That
Take the better part of a day to find one.
Posted By: deflave Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
cops do not want tips on drugs. Their hands are full already. I have tried for years to get a big pill dealer busted in my fair city. Evidently he is well connected, because they have never busted him.

What have you done to try and get the big pill dealer busted?

Travis
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
And it is likely to be at a stop and rob with a video camera rolling.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
I thought this was going to be about starting the spring garden vegetables early.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
Seems my neighbors been growing pot for a while now. Appears he lives elsewhere but moves autos around and is tending his crop daily. Tired of smelling pot ,gives me a headache. Other neighbors say ignore it ,it's hurting no one. Well today I called and reported it to the local police and the dispatcher spoke to me like I was an idiot. Pissed me off and told her I know what pot smells like and don't have to go in the house to know what the hell is going on. Am I wrong? WTF!

Dispatchers are the idiots.

Ask to talk to an officer. Preferably a supervisor.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Grow house - 02/16/15
hope you're a 100% positive, would suck for someone to get killed and you ended up being mistaken.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
100% positive. We will see. Dispatchers suck!
Had one tell me it wasn't illegal to be black a couple years ago. I said it was illegal to break into my neighbors house regardless of ones color and my 45 acp will inforce that fact. Welcome to Oakland Ca.
Posted By: k20350 Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Guy I knoe rolled into his driveway while people were robbing his house. he backed out called the sheriff and they told him nearest car was 30 minutes away. So he said that's fine I have a shotgun in the truck I'll handle it myself and hung up. He said it only took 9 minutes for them to get there.
Ready also. Homies zero in on this [bleep]. The smell gives it up. Don't need this crap in my hood. Have the armament to deal with the situation but rather local law enforcement take care of the problem.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Originally Posted by deflave

What have you done to try and get the big pill dealer busted?

Travis

spoken to a local PD LT, and a SGT, both of whom I have known for years. Was told that the dealer was 'under surveillance', and that's as far as it went.
Posted By: wildbill59 Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Well, a real life snitch! You'll save kids from moving up to heroin.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
shocked
Posted By: shootem Re: Grow house - 02/17/15

My curiosity is up. How exactly do you know he's growing pot. Are you saying you can smell growing marujuana inside his house? from your house? and it's giving you a headache? So if you were the dispatcher and had someone call this in would you send in SWAT? Might take a little more evidence, just sayin'.
Posted By: Backroads Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Schidtbrick neighbor that calls the cops before talking face to face.

The dispatcher might be on to something...
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: Grow house - 02/17/15

midol because I care about a grow house in my neighborhood. GFY!

You said you were having headaches. You might want to get the cops to look in your other neighbor's houses too while you're at it, since they don't want to get on board. I'm sure they won't mind.

'Flave has the right idea though. Give it some time and don't take life to seriously...
Some of you amaze me. Have a neighbor whom dosent live in the house where he grows pot and you expect me to talk to him about his grow. 1500 sq feet of pot stinks.no need to visit other neighbors to see weather they are growing . Back roads and bama rick your [bleep] idiots. The kids in the hood could be endangered because of this grower. Hopefully he moves next door to you after he leaves my hood. Shootem no swat just a cop and dog to see what gives.
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
I've smelled one healthy plant growing outdoors, can't imagine what a house full would smell like.

Why do some folks in CA get away with it and others are shut down.?

I've seen some operations on TV with the hydroponics, seems like if you live in the Emerald triangle, you're encouraged to grow the stuff..
Posted By: shootem Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
If nobody's home walk over and look in the windows. I'm just thinkin on the dispatcher's terms. They get a lot of crazy stuff called in. She probably thinks this is just one more.
Posted By: Backroads Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Might want to poke around the other neighbors houses too, they might be doing something illegal.
Always better to call the cops when you are guessing what someone else is doing.
Posted By: sherp Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
I am sure they will gladly take the tips on semi-auto firearms/hi-cap magazine owners you are also wanting to rat out.
I am that hi cap magazine owner. Dont care about those that enjoy smoking pot. Don't want a big grow nextdoor.big fence and windows always covered up. Been some pot grow shootouts in my city, don't want them in the middle of a quiet neighborhood. Funny how you want to apply the situation to other ideals.

Posted By: stxhunter Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vzWbCD67YFY[/video]
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Don't be lazy. If it bothers you, burn that fugger down. If you keep squawkin, you'll end up getting looked at.

Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Northern Ca and you expect the cops to do something? Ha. Funny guy. Southern Oregon here, same boat.

It's dangerous dealing with these crackpots because there's huge money involved. I've had em point a shotgun at the windshield of my truck when I showed up for scheduled work on a property being rented out for a grow. These mofo's are just plain crazy and stupid. You don't want them in your neighborhood. I'd be careful about snooping. Trip wires, camera's, guards, dogs. You'd be risking your life and in the wrong legally, lose lose.

You might set up a trail cam and get some data you can pass on to authorities. Hopefully they won't taze you when you show up at the station.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Pretty much what Fireball2 said.
Posted By: pal Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Seems my neighbors been growing pot for a while now. Appears he lives elsewhere but moves autos around and is tending his crop daily. Tired of smelling pot ,gives me a headache...

Unclench your glutes and maybe the headaches will go away.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
No pay phones around here. You would have to buy a cell from the store.
my grandparents were almost killed because cops , dps texas rangers went to the wrong house
I am that hi cap magazine owner. Dont care about those that enjoy smoking pot. Don't want a big grow nextdoor.big fence and windows always covered up. Been some pot grow shootouts in my city, don't want them in the middle of a quiet neighborhood. Funny how you want to apply the situation to other ideals.

Not funny at all. One mala prohibitum law is the same as another. When you call to complain about the pot add that you think a shootout may occur. When you call to complain about your own weapons, add that you are doing so because a shootout may occur. That is what the anti-gunners do when they bring up new legislation and it works!!
Posted By: wildbill59 Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Would you rat on him if he was cooking corn squeezins in the back yard??
Posted By: deflave Re: Grow house - 02/17/15

spoken to a local PD LT, and a SGT, both of whom I have known for years. Was told that the dealer was 'under surveillance', and that's as far as it went.

What did you think was going to happen?

Travis
Posted By: ST50 Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Maybe drive to the station, ask for a detective or supervisor, and then hope you are not wrong. There has to be a lot of activity over there at some point. They ain't gonna burn it in the stove. Or quit rubber-necking. You already made one call. Check for a still in the shed. Maybe it doesn't smell strong enough.
I hope everybody realizes that when you report things like this it does not mean that the local LE entity is going to have a judge sign a warrant within 24 hours and start kicking doors in.

Joe Neighbor "I done smelled pot before" ain't gonna cut it. They're going to have to present more than just one or two anonymous tips in order to go into a residence.

Clark
Shootem no swat just a cop and dog to see what gives.

Doesn't work that way dude.

You're gonna have to be a little patient.

Travis
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Most bitch and complain about cops that cross the line, and then want them to knock down their neighbor's doors armed only with an anonymous tip.

Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Most bitch and complain about cops that cross the line, and then want them to knock down their neighbor's doors armed only with an anonymous tip.

Yes.

The irony is quite thick on this supposedly "conservative" website.

Travis
If you want cooperation out of law enforcement, build a case for them. Start by documenting the vehicles coming and going, license plates reveal names. Times of day things happen, numbers, any kind of quality intel they can use. A trail camera can do this.

I've given GPS coordinates on grows I've run into on public land. Never went back to check the results, but I sure was surprised how uninterested the local powleese acted. I'm not sure where this stands on their list of priorities, but I suspect very low. The exception might be a well funded police department in an upscale area known as a retirement or recreation mecca. If they could score some "tough on crime" points and get a front page in the paper, they might act on tips. Otherwise, I doubt it.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
If you want cooperation out of law enforcement, build a case for them. Start by documenting the vehicles coming and going, license plates reveal names. Times of day things happen, numbers, any kind of quality intel they can use. A trail camera can do this.

I've given GPS coordinates on grows I've run into on public land. Never went back to check the results, but I sure was surprised how uninterested the local powleese acted. I'm not sure where this stands on their list of priorities, but I suspect very low. The exception might be a well funded police department in an upscale area known as a retirement or recreation mecca. If they could score some "tough on crime" points and get a front page in the paper, they might act on tips. Otherwise, I doubt it.

They seem uninterested because the majority of "tips" they get from individuals turn out to jack & schit.

Don't be surprised if they don't jump up and down and suck your dick.

Travis

Don't be surprised if they don't jump up and down and suck your dick.
Travis

That's a cute way of saying, "They don't want to do their job when someone provides them with gps coordinates of a grow they bumped into while hunting".

You have no idea how it goes here. One night at 11 pm I called in a neighbor that was rattling off a class 3 (or a bumpfire). They said they weren't coming out in the dark. I asked if they were coming out the next day. They said no. No explanation, just no. I told them in that case I'd shoot back if a single bullet came onto my place and put my family at risk. They said they'd arrest me.

Funny, they'll make it out here for that. Good people get arrested, bad people ignored.

It's coming. Count on it.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Grow house - 02/17/15

Throw a brick through your neighbor's front window then call the cops and tell them 'someone' threw a brick through your neighbor's window. When the cops show up tell them it's a grow house and causing problems.

That's a cute way of saying, "They don't want to do their job when someone provides them with gps coordinates of a grow they bumped into while hunting".

You have no idea how it goes here. One night at 11 pm I called in a neighbor that was rattling off a class 3 (or a bumpfire). They said they weren't coming out in the dark. I asked if they were coming out the next day. They said no. No explanation, just no. I told them in that case I'd shoot back if a single bullet came onto my place and put my family at risk. They said they'd arrest me.

Funny, they'll make it out here for that. Good people get arrested, bad people ignored.

I have two questions:

1.) How do you know they didn't investigate your claim? You've already admitted you never followed up on any of it.

2.) Why do you give a [bleep] if your neighbor is shooting a firearm?

Travis
Most of these guys would be p#ssed if they had nosy neighbors doing surveillance on their property.
Posted By: byc Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Frankly, I don't give a rats azzz what my neighbor is doing PERIOD. As long as he minds his own business. And I will be doing the same.
Glad no one called The cops on us when we were burning ammo with the bump stock Saturday

What did you think was going to happen?

Travis

Gee, in a sane, normal world, I'd say that I expected a neighborhood drug dealer to be busted. Evidently I don't live in that kind of world.

I have two questions:

1.) How do you know they didn't investigate your claim? You've already admitted you never followed up on any of it.

2.) Why do you give a [bleep] if your neighbor is shooting a firearm?

Travis

You're being obtuse.

I said I was surprised how uninterested they sounded, like hearing about them was an inconvenience. It was plain enough even you might have picked up the vibe. Or not. Should I walk back into the grows myself and check? No thanks, like I said, these people are stupid and crazy. We have the cartels growing here so I'm not going looking for trouble. I'll provide it at my front door, or if they come after my family, but I'm not going looking for trouble.

They were shooting at 11pm with a machine gun. You know, dark thirty, work the next day, kids at home, get it? Would you enjoy it? Not to mention all the parties, loud music, fireworks, motocross track, driving like the road here is their personal racetrack, running people in the ditch to avoid collisions. Get the picture? These neighbors suck.

Originally Posted by byc
Frankly, I don't give a rats azzz what my neighbor is doing PERIOD. As long as he minds his own business. And I will be doing the same.

see David, the sticking point is what the drug dealer brings into the neighborhood. Lots of miscreants, quite often a shooting or two, the occasional drug related murder and/or home invasion.
I just don't want that kind of chit in the 'hood. Messes with my property values.
Originally Posted by byc

see David, the sticking point is what the drug dealer brings into the neighborhood. Lots of miscreants, quite often a shooting or two, the occasional drug related murder and/or home invasion.
I just don't want that kind of chit in the 'hood. Messes with my property values.

They have no idea. Wasting your breath, so to speak.
Originally Posted by byc
My point, exactly. Me too. If there's a big enough problem you gotta go through the right steps and have a little patience. it's gonna have to affect me or my family before it gets too much attention.
Gee, in a sane, normal world, I'd say that I expected a neighborhood drug dealer to be busted. Evidently I don't live in that kind of world.

Do you know what the Constitution of the United States is? Is that something you only like to bring up when firearms are involved?

Travis

You're being obtuse.

I said I was surprised how uninterested they sounded, like hearing about them was an inconvenience. It was plain enough even you might have picked up the vibe. Or not. Should I walk back into the grows myself and check? No thanks, like I said, these people are stupid and crazy. We have the cartels growing here so I'm not going looking for trouble. I'll provide it at my front door, or if they come after my family, but I'm not going looking for trouble.

They were shooting at 11pm with a machine gun. You know, dark thirty, work the next day, kids at home, get it? Would you enjoy it? Not to mention all the parties, loud music, fireworks, motocross track, driving like the road here is their personal racetrack, running people in the ditch to avoid collisions. Get the picture? These neighbors suck.

Yes. I get the picture. Clear as day actually.

Travis
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
A problem such as this should be viewed as an opportunity, less a problem. Read the paper. Find the arrest blotter section. Note who has been arrested recently for drug 'issues'. Call them up anonymously. Plant the seed. Problem solved….well, no mo' grow thing anyway.

Ok, Matlock.

Type out the articulable facts you have to obtain a search warrant to search the residence outlined in the OP.

Go.

Travis

Posted By: Steelhead Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Looks like rattler might have a new place to pitch his tent.

Ok, Matlock.

Type out the articulable facts you have to obtain a search warrant to search the residence outlined in the OP.

Go.
Travis

The days of citizen policing are long passed, thanks to big gov. You just can't count on them when you need them. But, thankfully they're there to stop the people committing the heinous crime against society of speeding.

Is it my job to clean up the neighborhood now? If it is, let the local authorities in on it so I can get started with impunity. Oh, that's right, I was told I'd be arrested if I took the matter in my own hands. I guess that means I have to wait for them to do something. But wait, they said they won't do anything. Looks like I'm screwed huh?

Are you even trying to get all this?
Was that an answer?

The days of citizen policing are long passed, thanks to big gov. You just can't count on them when you need them. But, thankfully they're there to stop the people committing the heinous crime against society of speeding.

Is it my job to clean up the neighborhood now? If it is, let the local authorities in on it so I can get started with impunity. Oh, that's right, I was told I'd be arrested if I took the matter in my own hands. I guess that means I have to wait for them to do something. But wait, they said they won't do anything. Looks like I'm screwed huh?

Are you even trying to get all this?

You obviously think a search and seizure needs to take place. It's a residence and therefore requires a warrant.

State the articulable facts you would provide to obtain the warrant needed to search and seize at the residence outlined in the OP.

Travis
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
I hear tell there's some sort of pot based oil women can put on their snatch (canoe man) that makes them into Tasmanian [bleep]. Any truth to that?
Really Travis? So an expectation that something should be done to protect society by the people charged with doing that is undefendable?

Therefore I, a layperson, must delineate for you, exactly what procedures are required to execute said protection??

You don't see the problem here? This has nothing to do with whether Roy knows all the ins and outs of the law enforcement profession. It's about the absolutely simple concept that drug growers and dealers are acting illegally and should be shut down, if at all possible, for the protection of decent people that raise families, pay taxes, and drive the economy.

You can make it about what I know about law enforcement procedure and policy, but that would be pretty pointless wouldn't it, because the issue of law enforcement would not have been addressed. I suspect that's the point though, to skip the whole issue and attack me instead.
Really Travis? So an expectation that something should be done to protect society by the people charged with doing that is undefendable?

Therefore I, a layperson, must delineate for you, exactly what procedures are required to execute said protection??

You don't see the problem here? This has nothing to do with whether Roy knows all the ins and outs of the law enforcement profession. It's about the absolutely simple concept that drug growers and dealers are acting illegally and should be shut down, if at all possible, for the protection of decent people that raise families, pay taxes, and drive the economy.

You can make it about what I know about law enforcement procedure and policy, but that would be pretty pointless wouldn't it, because the issue of law enforcement would not have been addressed. I suspect that's the point though, to skip the whole issue and attack me instead.

My only point is that all that occurred (as described in the OP) is a notification of what is suspected to take place at a residence.

It is absurd to think any law enforcement entity could act on that information alone.

Any citizen with a reasonable understanding of how our justice system works would understand that the local law enforcement must now begin building a case and establish articulable facts in order to convince a judge a warrant should be issued for the searching and possible seizure of the premises.

I fail to see where I attacked anybody.

Travis
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
One night at 11 pm I called in a neighbor that was rattling off a class 3 (or a bumpfire). They said they weren't coming out in the dark. I asked if they were coming out the next day. They said no. No explanation, just no. I told them in that case I'd shoot back if a single bullet came onto my place and put my family at risk. They said they'd arrest me.

JFC
Posted By: 1minute Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Sounds like one needs to vote out the establishment in the next election. Likely a "we'll look into it" response, and some subsequent feedback would have made it less of an issue for our original poster.

Good luck and keep us up on things.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I hear tell there's some sort of pot based oil women can put on their snatch (canoe man) that makes them into Tasmanian [bleep]. Any truth to that?

http://www.vice.com/read/i-got-my-pussy-stoned-with-weed-lube-909
Posted By: byc Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Originally Posted by byc

Yes I totally understand and agree with that part Sam. Guess I'm lucky in that none of my properties have anything remotely associated with any bad doings or guys. At least I think not. Besides all I would have to do is tell the busybody neighbor across the street and the next day it would be in all the papers. Just keep me out of it. wink About the only thing that ever got my attention was some neighborhood swinging. grin

I also agree that it takes time to build a case these days. No sense in blowing a good tip on a botched bust. Also, if I think like LE I want the whole bad guy food chain, which takes even more time.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
sweet!

My only point is that all that occurred (as described in the OP) is a notification of what is suspected to take place at a residence.

It is absurd to think any law enforcement entity could act on that information alone.

Any citizen with a reasonable understanding of how our justice system works would understand that the local law enforcement must now begin building a case and establish articulable facts in order to convince a judge a warrant should be issued for the searching and possible seizure of the premises.

I fail to see where I attacked anybody.
Travis

So coy when it suits you.

What information do you think is enough for LE to act? Certainly not going to take someone's word that lives there! That's not good enough. I recommended the use of a trail camera for gathering data, license plates, etc, but no comment on that? Is that not enough either? What exactly would you deem "enough"? Does someone need to catch a bullet? At what point does LE "act"?

So "building a case" means what? Looking up the property in question and finding out who owns it for starters? Detective work from there on out until enough information is gathered to justify a warrant? Sounds like they're "acting" to me. Problem is, there's a whole lot of "not acting" going on.

Yet we can't really do anything about the scourge of drugs ourselves can we, because we'll be arrested post haste for doing anything tangible like setting the place on fire and stringing up the scum from a tree. So we sit, dependent on an unresponsive police force and gov. at large, waiting for the help that never arrives. We just hope and pray that our family does not fall victim to these drug scum, because we'll have no recourse if we do.

So coy when it suits you.

What information do you think is enough for LE to act? Certainly not going to take someone's word that lives there! That's not good enough. I recommended the use of a trail camera for gathering data, license plates, etc, but no comment on that? Is that not enough either? What exactly would you deem "enough"? Does someone need to catch a bullet? At what point does LE "act"?

So "building a case" means what? Looking up the property in question and finding out who owns it for starters? Detective work from there on out until enough information is gathered to justify a warrant? Sounds like they're "acting" to me. Problem is, there's a whole lot of "not acting" going on.

Yet we can't really do anything about the scourge of drugs ourselves can we, because we'll be arrested post haste for doing anything tangible like setting the place on fire and stringing up the scum from a tree. So we sit, dependent on an unresponsive police force and gov. at large, waiting for the help that never arrives. We just hope and pray that our family does not fall victim to these drug scum, because we'll have no recourse if we do.

How old are you? Because based on this post, I would wager 15-19 years old.

Travis

I'm betting Nosler boxes give you fits too

Do you know what the Constitution of the United States is? Is that something you only like to bring up when firearms are involved?

Travis
Travis.................. well,never mind. conversation beyond this point is futile.
Travis.................. well,never mind.

Good call.

Travis
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Grow house - 02/17/15

Not sure about the coochie but smoking the oil is an uber high more potent than burning a j.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
OP, you don't need to worry about it, after you made the call they checked the log book and he has already paid his money this month, if he quits paying they'll be over there to knock his door down.

BTW, they already notified him to keep the smell down and that he's got a nosy, phuggin' neighbor.
Originally Posted by mirage243
OP, you don't need to worry about it, after you made the call they checked the log book and he has already paid his money this month, if he quits paying they'll be over there to knock his door down.

BTW, they already notified him to keep the smell down and that he's got a nosy, phuggin' neighbor.

Is that what the police in Alabama do?

Travis

Is that what the police in Alabama do?

Travis

Yup . . . . . . . there's dope houses everywhere and everybody knows where there at . . . . . . . . except the 5-0, of course
Hopefully you can get a new Sherriff elected sometime soon.

What does he say when you tell him where the "dope houses" are located?

Travis
Whatever you do, don't address what I said funny guy.
Travis.................. well,never mind. conversation beyond this point is futile.

Big +1 to that. Smart guy has obviously lived a sheltered life on the govt dole.
Hopefully you can get a new Sherriff elected sometime soon.

What does he say when you tell him where the "dope houses" are located?

Travis

We got a new one, the dope folks are still in business, same as before. they're ain't no money in stopping it, come on man.

Oh, you want me to address your comments directly? Happy to oblige.

Travis

We got a new one, the dope folks are still in business, same as before. they're ain't no money in stopping it, come on man.

Must be a southern thing.

Travis

There's got to be some reason why things aren't addressed. Fear? Apathy? Money?

What information do you think is enough for LE to act? Certainly not going to take someone's word that lives there! That's not good enough.

Wow. Future Supreme Court Justice in the works right here! This "conservative" wants the anonymous phone call to lead to a search and seizure of a residence.

GREAT idea.

Dave

Oh, you want me to address your comments directly? Happy to oblige.

Travis

Before I even see what you cook up, save it. Pointless in light of you don't live here, and obviously don't deal with dopers in your neighborhood from a civilians perspective.

Must be a southern thing.

Travis

Yea, that's it . . . . . . . the south is the only place that has dope everywhere, and only southern cops are on the take . . . . . .yea, that must be it. Glad I had the Flave to smarten me up a bit grin
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Grow house - 02/17/15

He didn't want to give you the obvious answer...probable cause.

(Hint...somebody on the phone saying they smelled some weed ain't it.)

What information do you think is enough for LE to act? Certainly not going to take someone's word that lives there! That's not good enough.

Wow. Future Supreme Court Justice in the works right here! This "conservative" wants the anonymous phone call to lead to a search and seizure of a residence.

GREAT idea.
Dave

Initiating that investigation would be a good start. But not admitting nothing is going to be done, ever. Not good enough.

Who said anonymous?
Initiating that investigation would be a good start. But not admitting nothing is going to be done, ever. Not good enough.

Who said anonymous?

You expect narcs to tell people when they investigate stuff?

So "building a case" means what? Looking up the property in question and finding out who owns it for starters?

Building a case would mean having sufficient evidence to prosecute an individual that you want to charge with a crime.

A large part of that case building may hinge on the finding of evidence at a residence. But see, in America, you need something called a "warrant" in order to legally obtain that evidence. To get the warrant you need to convince something called a "judge" that there is a high probability the evidence is located at the residence you want to search.

Also in America, explaining to the judge that "This fellas neighbor done smelled weed before and is gettin' headaches somethin' awful lately" AIN'T GONNA [bleep]' CUT IT!

Anything sinking in yet?

Travis
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Freedom isn't free!

Mike

I'm thinking the guy that can't work out basic issues with his neighbor, might not want to take a swing at stopping crime.

Just a thought.

Travis

GREAT idea.
Dave

So if I call 911 and report my dad had a heart attack, they'll believe that ok, and send an ambulance.

If I call and say a pedophile just grabbed a kid at a bus stop and threw 'em in Northern Dave's van, they'll believe that ok.

If i call and report a tree down on a powerline, they'll believe that ok.

They'll believe those and 10,000 other calls no problem, but if I call to report drug activity, all of a sudden things change. Why should they act on that tip? Why should they believe Joe Schmoe on that?

Hmmm. What a convenient lack of belief for them to have. Saves them alot of risk and a ton of work.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Who said anonymous?

He's got it all sorted out.

Dave

So if I call 911 and report my dad had a heart attack, they'll believe that ok, and send an ambulance.

If I call and say a pedophile just grabbed a kid at a bus stop and threw 'em in Northern Dave's van, they'll believe that ok.

They'll believe those and 10,000 other calls no problem, but if I call to report drug activity, all of a sudden things change. Why should they act on that tip? Why should they believe Joe Schmoe on that?

Hmmm. What a convenient lack of belief for them to have. Saves them alot of risk and a ton of work.

Too [bleep]' funny....

No surprise Oregon is the new California.

Travis

Who said anonymous?

Of course, then the police dept. can run around 'investigating' every call to the fullest extent allowed by the law, surveillance, tails, the whole 9 yards. Then when there is no police available or the dept needs triple the funds to operate who will be the first to bitch?
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Grow house - 02/17/15

GREAT idea.
Dave

Life and death versus ????

Call them and tell them your Dad smoked a joint or a kid smoked a joint and see what happens!!!

See the difference?

Mike

Big +1 to that. Smart guy has obviously lived a sheltered life on the govt dole.

Says the guy that can't talk to his neighbor.

Funny schit!

Dave
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
See the difference?

Mike

He probably doesn't.

Unfortunately.

Travis

You really don't see the difference in those things and kicking down somebody's door for a misdemeanor that may, or may not, be happening?
Before I even see what you cook up, save it. Pointless in light of you don't live here, and obviously don't deal with dopers in your neighborhood from a civilians perspective.

Real life dopers???

Crazy!

Stay safe!

Travis

GREAT idea.
Dave

Perhaps it's not about believing you, but violating the civil rights of people that is the hang up.

Yea, that's it . . . . . . . the south is the only place that has dope everywhere, and only southern cops are on the take . . . . . .yea, that must be it. Glad I had the Flave to smarten me up a bit grin

I imagine places like Alabama attract that sort of thing.

Best of luck with it!

Travis

Real life dopers???

Crazy!

Stay safe!

Travis

I grew up with a drug dealer for a neighbor, people coming and going at all hours of the night. I'd rather have them living next door than the couple of old pricks that would call my parents every time I kicked a ball into their yard. #reallifedopers
I can imagine 'em down at the station counting all that change.

I'm thinking the guy that can't work out basic issues with his neighbor, might not want to take a swing at stopping crime.

Just a thought.

Travis

Never had a bad neighbor? One you have talked to a few times, but doesn't give a [bleep] about yours or any other family on the street?

You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about what's gone on and how hard everyone here has bent over to smooth things over with these trash neighbors. At some point you would like to be able to count on the cops to make SOME KIND OF F'N effort to give your neighborhood some peace after all your attempts have not worked. People have sold homes and uprooted lives because of the trash that has gone on too long.

So keep the course funny guy, your ass is showing.

You think cops don't have bad neighbors? All it takes is a rent house.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
Originally Posted by Mac84

Not sure about the coochie but smoking the oil is an uber high more potent than burning a j.
Book it brother!

Just a thought.

Travis

Never had a bad neighbor? One you have talked to a few times, but doesn't give a [bleep] about yours or any other family on the street?

You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about what's gone on and how hard everyone here has bent over to smooth things over with these trash neighbors. At some point you would like to be able to count on the cops to make SOME KIND OF F'N effort to give your neighborhood some peace after all your attempts have not worked. People have sold homes and uprooted lives because of the trash that has gone on too long.

Being an ass hole is not illegal, which is a good thing cause if it was next thing you know being a fugging idiot would be illegal and then there would be a whole heap of people in trouble with the law.
This is a complete waste of my time. I would expect this kind of response from some other group, but to see you guys going on, just shakin my head. Whatever.

Quit calling the cops years ago. It's pointless.

We have all tried showing the neighbor we're decent people worthy of simple courtesy. Most have given up and moved.

So welcome the druggies in your neighborhood smart guy, have fun with that.

Yes. I have had some bad neighbors but I am very good with people and have always been able to work things out.

If your town or city police will not enforce the town ordinances regarding noise, perhaps you should take it up with the mayor or city council.

Travis
This is a complete waste of my time. I would expect this kind of response from some other group, but to see you guys going on, just shakin my head. Whatever.

We have all tried showing the neighbor we're decent people worthy of simple courtesy. Most have given up and moved.

I'm sorry you found this conversation frustrating but do you at least have a better understanding of the 4th Amendment?

Travis
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Grow house - 02/17/15
So you're saying that LEO's are not going to run all over town on a simple 'tip' from a concerned citizen that has ZERO factual evidence? Weird... crazy
I can imagine 'em down at the station counting all that change.

TFF...

Travis

I imagine places like Alabama attract that sort of thing.

Best of luck with it!

You may have a bone to pick with Mirage, but no sense in throwing the whole state, or the south for that matter, under your bus.
Sure we have people on the take, just like you do. Consuming drugs, buying drugs, selling drugs, importing drugs, fighting drugs, growing drugs, etc. is big business. I don't blame some of the cops for wanting a piece of the action. Hell, their superiors, namely judges and lawyers, get their piece of the action, why should the working man be left out? There is a lot more money to be made in the name of fighting drugs than there ever would be if drugs were legal. Way to much at stake, IMO.

Travis
I'm sorry but I'm not aware of any of my local law enforcement being dirty, or on the take.

I don't have any bone to pick with mirage or your state but it is obvious from his posts that it is a problem in your area. Not mine.

Travis
I'm truly sorry too Travis. It's a problem everywhere.
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

I don't think sidepass believes there is any line police can cross. He seems to have the same views I do and police do.
Jam it douche. Your BS ain't working.

Holy Christ, this would be funny if it weren't so sad. You have to be JO, no way there could be another from Oregon this stupid.

Oops, just realized I typed from Oregon, so I guess there could be a few more stupid SOB's there.

Truly amazing.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
I'm sorry but I'm not aware of any of my local law enforcement being dirty, or on the take.

I don't have any bone to pick with mirage or your state but it is obvious from his posts that it is a problem in your area. Not mine.

Travis

I don't have a problem with you either Travis, I actually enjoy your BS. You are naive to believe that Alabama is the only place infested with drugs, our entire country for the most part is eat up with it. The judges all the way down to the beat cops are part of the problem though. The system can't take in the revenue it needs without the "war on drugs". They bust the ones that can pay, to support the judicial and probation part of the system, and the dealers support the LEO part of the system. It's just the way a lot of it works. I ain't saying that all cops are dirty, but when the average citizen knows where the drugs are being bought and sold, then one of three things are happening. A-Leo don't care, B-they are on the take or C-they are stupid. Which one is it? Or is it all three?
Posted By: deflave Re: Grow house - 02/18/15

I don't have a problem with you either Travis, I actually enjoy your BS. You are naive to believe that Alabama is the only place infested with drugs, our entire country for the most part is eat up with it. The judges all the way down to the beat cops are part of the problem though. The system can't take in the revenue it needs without the "war on drugs". They bust the ones that can pay, to support the judicial and probation part of the system, and the dealers support the LEO part of the system. It's just the way a lot of it works. I ain't saying that all cops are dirty, but when the average citizen knows where the drugs are being bought and sold, then one of three things are happening. A-Leo don't care, B-they are on the take or C-they are stupid. Which one is it? Or is it all three?

I can only speak about the LE in the communities I have lived in. I have lived in MD, NC, TX, IL, and MT. Never had any issues with corrupt LE within the town or county I resided in.

If you think your local LE is careless, on the take, or stupid, I'd advise you to start writing state representatives.

If you think your problems represent the problems in the rest of our country, I'd say you are mistaken.

Travis
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
I'm with Mirage on this. If you believe that since you personally have had no issues with corruption in the states you mentioned, that it doesn't exist there, then yes, you are very naive. No LE corruption in the state of Illinois? Come on Travis.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
They bust the ones that can pay, to support the judicial and probation part of the system, and the dealers support the LEO part of the system. It's just the way a lot of it works.

You should write a screenplay.
I'm with Mirage on this. If you believe that since you personally have had no issues with corruption in the states you mentioned, that it doesn't exist there, then yes, you are very naive. No LE corruption in the state of Illinois? Come on Travis.

Local. Meaning my town, and my county.

You have local problems. I suggest you deal with your local problems.

Travis
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
Scott, you seem to live in a perpetual state of disbelief at how stupid everyone but you is. What a surprise to us all. No state or region is immune to your judgement. Good for you. Carry on dickhead.

Travis, sorry for my frustration being directed at you. I am a little perplexed why you can't seem to see that drugs are an issue a good many places, places where nice people live. Honestly you come across like a snob, like you're above it. I can assure you until you deal with some real nice druggies on a constant basis, you haven't lived.
Scott, you seem to live in a perpetual state of disbelief at how stupid everyone but you is. What a surprise to us all. No state or region is immune to your judgement. Good for you. Carry on dickhead.

Travis, sorry for my frustration being directed at you. I am a little perplexed why you can't seem to see that drugs are an issue a good many places, places where nice people live. Honestly you come across like a snob, like you're above it. I can assure you until you deal with some real nice druggies on a constant basis, you haven't lived.

I'll try and expose myself to more criminals in the future.

Thanks.

Travis
They bust the ones that can pay, to support the judicial and probation part of the system, and the dealers support the LEO part of the system. It's just the way a lot of it works.

No, a reality show.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Grow house - 02/18/15

Seriously, do you actually read any of the crap you type? How can one be so obtuse?

Posted By: heavywalker Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
Great plan, apparently it the American way.

No, a reality show.

Why don't you report the Sheriff to the FBI?

Travis
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Grow house - 02/18/15

I'll try and expose myself to more criminals in the future.

Thanks.

Travis

I'm sure you know best....
Splfff....He's gonna have to get one of those little vests....

XS.

Travis
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
I understand peoples frustrations, trust me I deal with family members every day with drug addicted people they want us to fix!

I also understand how frustrating it would be to have a "grow" house next door.

Travis never said the place shouldn't be shut down. He is trying to get a point across that you can't take one or two citizen complaints and get a warrant to bust in on it.

People who don't go to court or deal with legal proceedings really do not understand how frustrating it is and how the rights almost always skew in favor of the accused. Not to even begin on how a jury is going to view the case!

With all of the pills, meth, heroin and coke running out of Mexico the system is taxed pretty heavily and a house with a few weed plants is going to be pretty far down the list in any area of any size. Our local Drug Task Force is running about 6 months behind checking on tips/complaints and we are 100-150K County population I think.

There are no absolutes when corruption is concerned but if that is suspected call your State "bureau of investigations" and offer up the proof. What ole Suzy rotten crotch told you isn't proof by the way!

Be prepared to face the consequences if you go head to head with any connected bad boys they may not hesitate to machinegun your wife, kids, house they have their grow house to make money and money has a way of making people do crazy things.

What you watch on TV cop and crime shows isn't reality.

Unless you are willing to strap up, think seriously before insulting those who do!

Rant mode off, did I miss anything?

Be prepared to face the consequences if you go head to head with any connected bad boys they may not hesitate to machinegun your wife, kids, house they have their grow house to make money and money has a way of making people do crazy things.

Flava Flav said this connected sheit doesn't exist grin
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
Before we legalized pot in this state, one of my former neighbors trafficked the stuff into Colorado from out of state.

We had a great arrangement.

I left him alone, and he left me alone.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Grow house - 02/18/15

I'm talking about Cartels and street gangs.

Mike
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
So let me see if I read all of this right.

Per the OP:
A "random" (since your not a narc or LEO) call to 911 about a "possible" marijuana grow now trumps the "suspect's" ( That whole guilty until proven innocent thing/ Universal Code of Civil Rights) 4th Amendment rights?

Yet everyone bitches that Terry Stops should be illegal under the 4th amendment.

Seems a case of only applying a law when it fits ones personal agenda.

My guess is being in a smaller town your complaint was passed to a detective to look into further and see if there is a case.

No sense possibly blowing bigger charges out of the gate by going all Miami Vice

Uhhh.... Not sure what thread you've been reading. But 'Flave never said a grow house couldn't be connected to a larger organization.

You put in a call about your sheriff yet?

Travis
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
I hope everybody realizes that when you report things like this it does not mean that the local LE entity is going to have a judge sign a warrant within 24 hours and start kicking doors in.

Clark

Lie.

smile

I'm sorry you found this conversation frustrating but do you at least have a better understanding of the 4th Amendment?

Travis

I got a right to be hostile; my people been persnucuted!

Don't make me have to kung-fu your nazi ass.

Clark
Kamo,

I didn't even know black people could live in Tokyo!

PE rules! Thanks for posting that.

Travis
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
Now I dialed 911 a long time ago,
Don't you see how slow they reactin!?

They only come and they come when they wanna,
So get the mourge truck and embalm the goner...
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
Shouldn't have called the cops, just burn the fu-ker down, then when he comes over raising hell shoot and kill his sorry ass too, win, win.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by Mac84

Book it brother!

Last year we had an arab catch himself on fire using butane to separate the oil from the weed. Who knew butane was flammable? Damn funny shiite.
Kamo,

I didn't even know black people could live in Tokyo!

PE rules! Thanks for posting that.

Travis

Right on, brah.

Originally Posted by Certifiable
Now I dialed 911 a long time ago,
Don't you see how slow they reactin!?

They only come and they come when they wanna,
So get the mourge truck and embalm the goner...

Attaboy!

Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
I would just talk to the neighbor. If I didn't have balls enough for that I'd figue out how to alter the enviroment.
Posted By: savage24 Re: Grow house - 02/18/15

Uh, dude.....you live in Northern California and don't like the smell of pot? That's like living in Texas and having a problem with barbecue.
Posted By: EdM Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
Th start of the Lunar New Year here and a week on 24/7 duty expiring this AM making mandatory ZERO alcohol. I am slowly enjoying this...
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sherp Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
https://www.ncjrs.gov/txtfiles/psycho.txt

"Psychoactive Substances and Violence.

by Jeffrey A. Roth

-----------------------------------------------
Issues and Findings

Discussed in the Research in Brief: The current
status of research on the links connecting
violence to alcohol and illegal psychoactive
drugs, and evaluations of interventions to prevent
violence related to these substances.

Key issues: Correlations between violence and
psychoactive substances; the social, economic,
cultural, psycho-social, neurobehavioral, and
other factors that explain the correlations; and
prevention strategies for reducing the violence
associated with these substances.

Key findings:

o Research has uncovered strong correlations
between violence and psycho-active substances,
including alcohol and illegal drugs, but the
underlying relationships differ by type of drug.

o The links between violence and psychoactive
substances involve broad social and economic
forces, the settings in which people obtain and
consume the substances, and biological processes
that underlie all human behavior. These factors
interact in chains of events that may extend back
from an intermediate triggering event such as an
argument to long-term predisposing processes that
begin in childhood.

o Of all psychoactive substances, alcohol is the
only one whose consumption has been shown to
commonly increase aggression. After large doses
of amphetamines, cocaine, LSD, and PCP, certain
individuals may experience violent outbursts,
probably because of preexisting psychosis.
Research is needed on the pharmacological effects
of crack, which enters the brain more directly
than cocaine used in other forms.

o Alcohol drinking and violence are linked through
pharmacological effects on behavior, through
expectations that heavy drinking and violence go
together in certain settings, and through patterns
of binge drinking and fighting that sometimes
develop in adolescence.

o The most promising strategies for reducing
alcohol-related violence are to reduce underage
drinking through substance abuse preventive
education, taxes, law enforcement, and peer
pressure.

o Illegal drugs and violence are linked primarily
through drug marketing: disputes among rival
distributors, arguments and robberies involving
buyers and sellers, property crimes committed to
raise drug money and, more speculatively, social
and economic interactions between the illegal
markets and the surrounding communities.

o The most promising strategy for reducing
violence related to illegal drugs appears to be
reducing the demand that fuels violent illegal
markets. Promising tactics include preventive
education, pretrial monitoring of arrestees
through urinalysis and, for convicted violent
offenders, in-prison therapeutic communities
integrated with postrelease treatment followup.

o In the future, medications may reduce violence
by reducing cocaine craving and by blocking the
aggression-promoting effects of opiate withdrawal
and alcohol consumption.

Target audience: State and local policymakers,
court administrators, law enforcement and juvenile
justice practitioners, and drug treatment program
staff."
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
I would just talk to the neighbor. If I didn't have balls enough for that I'd figue out how to alter the enviroment.

That's the way we'd like to think things should be, but this is Oakland Ca my friend... wink
If it's an actual grow house, and they even THINK somebody knows about it...it will either be abandoned or moved post haste.
Posted By: sherp Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
If it's an actual grow house, and they even THINK somebody knows about it...it will either be abandoned or moved post haste.

All the more reason for him to just go ahead and take it down himself.
Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Grow house - 02/18/15
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by rickmenefee

That's the way we'd like to think things should be, but this is Oakland Ca my friend... wink
Glufosinate don't care
© 24hourcampfire