Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
Frankly, I don't give a rats azzz what my neighbor is doing PERIOD. As long as he minds his own business. And I will be doing the same.

see David, the sticking point is what the drug dealer brings into the neighborhood. Lots of miscreants, quite often a shooting or two, the occasional drug related murder and/or home invasion.
I just don't want that kind of chit in the 'hood. Messes with my property values.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by byc
Frankly, I don't give a rats azzz what my neighbor is doing PERIOD. As long as he minds his own business. And I will be doing the same.

see David, the sticking point is what the drug dealer brings into the neighborhood. Lots of miscreants, quite often a shooting or two, the occasional drug related murder and/or home invasion.
I just don't want that kind of chit in the 'hood. Messes with my property values.

They have no idea. Wasting your breath, so to speak.

LOL
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by byc
My point, exactly. Me too. If there's a big enough problem you gotta go through the right steps and have a little patience. it's gonna have to affect me or my family before it gets too much attention.

Last edited by ST50; 02/17/15.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Gee, in a sane, normal world, I'd say that I expected a neighborhood drug dealer to be busted. Evidently I don't live in that kind of world.

Do you know what the Constitution of the United States is? Is that something you only like to bring up when firearms are involved?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2

You're being obtuse.

I said I was surprised how uninterested they sounded, like hearing about them was an inconvenience. It was plain enough even you might have picked up the vibe. Or not. Should I walk back into the grows myself and check? No thanks, like I said, these people are stupid and crazy. We have the cartels growing here so I'm not going looking for trouble. I'll provide it at my front door, or if they come after my family, but I'm not going looking for trouble.

They were shooting at 11pm with a machine gun. You know, dark thirty, work the next day, kids at home, get it? Would you enjoy it? Not to mention all the parties, loud music, fireworks, motocross track, driving like the road here is their personal racetrack, running people in the ditch to avoid collisions. Get the picture? These neighbors suck.

Yes. I get the picture. Clear as day actually.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A problem such as this should be viewed as an opportunity, less a problem. Read the paper. Find the arrest blotter section. Note who has been arrested recently for drug 'issues'. Call them up anonymously. Plant the seed. Problem solved….well, no mo' grow thing anyway.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Ok, Matlock.

Type out the articulable facts you have to obtain a search warrant to search the residence outlined in the OP.

Go.

Travis

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Looks like rattler might have a new place to pitch his tent.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

Ok, Matlock.

Type out the articulable facts you have to obtain a search warrant to search the residence outlined in the OP.

Go.
Travis

The days of citizen policing are long passed, thanks to big gov. You just can't count on them when you need them. But, thankfully they're there to stop the people committing the heinous crime against society of speeding.

Is it my job to clean up the neighborhood now? If it is, let the local authorities in on it so I can get started with impunity. Oh, that's right, I was told I'd be arrested if I took the matter in my own hands. I guess that means I have to wait for them to do something. But wait, they said they won't do anything. Looks like I'm screwed huh?

Are you even trying to get all this?

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Was that an answer?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The days of citizen policing are long passed, thanks to big gov. You just can't count on them when you need them. But, thankfully they're there to stop the people committing the heinous crime against society of speeding.

Is it my job to clean up the neighborhood now? If it is, let the local authorities in on it so I can get started with impunity. Oh, that's right, I was told I'd be arrested if I took the matter in my own hands. I guess that means I have to wait for them to do something. But wait, they said they won't do anything. Looks like I'm screwed huh?

Are you even trying to get all this?

You obviously think a search and seizure needs to take place. It's a residence and therefore requires a warrant.

State the articulable facts you would provide to obtain the warrant needed to search and seize at the residence outlined in the OP.

Travis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hear tell there's some sort of pot based oil women can put on their snatch (canoe man) that makes them into Tasmanian [bleep]. Any truth to that?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Really Travis? So an expectation that something should be done to protect society by the people charged with doing that is undefendable?

Therefore I, a layperson, must delineate for you, exactly what procedures are required to execute said protection??

You don't see the problem here? This has nothing to do with whether Roy knows all the ins and outs of the law enforcement profession. It's about the absolutely simple concept that drug growers and dealers are acting illegally and should be shut down, if at all possible, for the protection of decent people that raise families, pay taxes, and drive the economy.

You can make it about what I know about law enforcement procedure and policy, but that would be pretty pointless wouldn't it, because the issue of law enforcement would not have been addressed. I suspect that's the point though, to skip the whole issue and attack me instead.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Really Travis? So an expectation that something should be done to protect society by the people charged with doing that is undefendable?

Therefore I, a layperson, must delineate for you, exactly what procedures are required to execute said protection??

You don't see the problem here? This has nothing to do with whether Roy knows all the ins and outs of the law enforcement profession. It's about the absolutely simple concept that drug growers and dealers are acting illegally and should be shut down, if at all possible, for the protection of decent people that raise families, pay taxes, and drive the economy.

You can make it about what I know about law enforcement procedure and policy, but that would be pretty pointless wouldn't it, because the issue of law enforcement would not have been addressed. I suspect that's the point though, to skip the whole issue and attack me instead.

My only point is that all that occurred (as described in the OP) is a notification of what is suspected to take place at a residence.

It is absurd to think any law enforcement entity could act on that information alone.

Any citizen with a reasonable understanding of how our justice system works would understand that the local law enforcement must now begin building a case and establish articulable facts in order to convince a judge a warrant should be issued for the searching and possible seizure of the premises.

I fail to see where I attacked anybody.

Travis

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
One night at 11 pm I called in a neighbor that was rattling off a class 3 (or a bumpfire). They said they weren't coming out in the dark. I asked if they were coming out the next day. They said no. No explanation, just no. I told them in that case I'd shoot back if a single bullet came onto my place and put my family at risk. They said they'd arrest me.

Funny, they'll make it out here for that. Good people get arrested, bad people ignored.

It's coming. Count on it.

JFC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like one needs to vote out the establishment in the next election. Likely a "we'll look into it" response, and some subsequent feedback would have made it less of an issue for our original poster.

Good luck and keep us up on things.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/17/15.

1Minute
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I hear tell there's some sort of pot based oil women can put on their snatch (canoe man) that makes them into Tasmanian [bleep]. Any truth to that?

http://www.vice.com/read/i-got-my-pussy-stoned-with-weed-lube-909

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by byc

Yes I totally understand and agree with that part Sam. Guess I'm lucky in that none of my properties have anything remotely associated with any bad doings or guys. At least I think not. Besides all I would have to do is tell the busybody neighbor across the street and the next day it would be in all the papers. Just keep me out of it. wink About the only thing that ever got my attention was some neighborhood swinging. grin

I also agree that it takes time to build a case these days. No sense in blowing a good tip on a botched bust. Also, if I think like LE I want the whole bad guy food chain, which takes even more time.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
sweet!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

My only point is that all that occurred (as described in the OP) is a notification of what is suspected to take place at a residence.

It is absurd to think any law enforcement entity could act on that information alone.

Any citizen with a reasonable understanding of how our justice system works would understand that the local law enforcement must now begin building a case and establish articulable facts in order to convince a judge a warrant should be issued for the searching and possible seizure of the premises.

I fail to see where I attacked anybody.
Travis

So coy when it suits you.

What information do you think is enough for LE to act? Certainly not going to take someone's word that lives there! That's not good enough. I recommended the use of a trail camera for gathering data, license plates, etc, but no comment on that? Is that not enough either? What exactly would you deem "enough"? Does someone need to catch a bullet? At what point does LE "act"?

So "building a case" means what? Looking up the property in question and finding out who owns it for starters? Detective work from there on out until enough information is gathered to justify a warrant? Sounds like they're "acting" to me. Problem is, there's a whole lot of "not acting" going on.

Yet we can't really do anything about the scourge of drugs ourselves can we, because we'll be arrested post haste for doing anything tangible like setting the place on fire and stringing up the scum from a tree. So we sit, dependent on an unresponsive police force and gov. at large, waiting for the help that never arrives. We just hope and pray that our family does not fall victim to these drug scum, because we'll have no recourse if we do.

LOL
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

488 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 48 invisible), 2,148 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,336
Posts18,506,129
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.