Home
This has probably been discussed many times but I wonder if our current military is being poled to see which ones will fire on American citizens if ordered to. My barber who is very conservative told me yesterday that he is going to Fort Bragg for his son's Special Forces graduation ceremony this week. He told me he asked his son via email if he would kill American citizens if ordered to and his son's reply was that he would if he was ordered to. I told him to remind him that the Nazis did that and many of them were executed for war crimes after the war. I told him to also remind his son the he doesn't have to obey an unlawful order. I don't know anybody who is currently in the military so I don't know what's going on in our military these days.
All the infidels in the Chain of Command have been removed by Komrade Obongo. Anyone promoted has unquestionable devotion to MussiObongo
It used to be called "brain-washing"
American kids aren't any different than German kids were. They'll buy a lot of crap if you make them feel special and elite. There is a reason that armies are mostly made up of relative youngsters, after a guy gets to 35 or so, his bullschit meter is a lot more accurate.

And of course, following the ancient Roman script, if they won't we'll enlist illegals who almost certainly will. If a kid from Centeal Texas can't be convinced to fire on Americans, a kid from Central America will certainly have no such compunctions. Thank you, Paul Ryan.
For those that live in fear. If you served in the military you would be able to answer that question for yourself.

Joe Bob thinks that Americans are no different than Nazis. His view reflects his and fellow thinkers morality not that of other Americans including our military.

mike r
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
All the infidels in the Chain of Command have been removed by Komrade Obongo. Anyone promoted has unquestionable devotion to MussiObongo

The culling of Patriots in the military, and replacing them with "yes" men has been going on since the POS took office.
Not to worry. The Fire-on-Americans push won't come until after Trump is elected.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
For those that live in fear. If you served in the military you would be able to answer that question for yourself.

Joe Bob thinks that Americans are no different than Nazis. His view reflects his and fellow thinkers morality not that of other Americans including our military.

mike r

I was in the military and yes, there is nothing special about our youngsters that would keep them from being as bad as anyone else's. In fact, I suspect that this generation of uneducated louts could be significantly worse with the proper molding.
Would you expect him to say, in an >E-MAIL<, that he would not obey orders?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

The culling of Patriots in the military, and replacing them with "yes" men has been going on since the POS took office.

Yes, Obama has replaced the patriots with "yes" men and women. but deep down inside, There are going to be those who will NOT fire on Americans. In the end, I think they are going to win the battle against the robots that have been brainwashed.

I have faith in the intelligence of the Senior NCO's and I think they are the ones who will hold the line.

kwg
Originally Posted by GunReader

Bingo! Never put anything in writing, nor say something controversial unless it is just you and one other person. No corroborating witnesses. That Email is out there forever now. It would not be difficult to find it. I don't think our Military will fire on otherwise law-abiding citizens whose only crime is possession of a firearm that was declared a prohibited weapon long, long after they originally bought it.

This very same topic came up after klinton's 1994 AWB.
I think that was put to the test in the 1860s (Civil War) It didn't turn out so well. --- Mel
You should confine your cynical and cowardly standards to yourself and not reflect them on others. Until recently I worked w/ many current and former members of the military on a daily basis and felt uplifted by the quality of the human beings I met.

I still believe in my country and believe that if you were to poll the Veterans on this site your fears would be allayed.

mike r

Originally Posted by victoro
I told him to remind him that the Nazis did that and many of them were executed for war crimes after the war.

He shouldn't refuse such an order out of fear of retribution. He should refuse it because it's the right thing to do.
You should confine your cynical and cowardly standards to yourself and not reflect them on others. Until recently I worked w/ many current and former members of the military on a daily basis and felt uplifted by the quality of the human beings I met.

I still believe in my country and believe that if you were to poll the Veterans on this site your fears would be allayed.

mike r

As someone already noted, we had this test already in 1861. We can also mention the Bonus March, Kent State, or any other number of instances where the military did fire on fellow Americans. And that doesn't even factor in that now there will radical homos, transvestites, and illegal aliens in uniform who think that someone like you is AT VERY BEST a dinosaur that should just hurry up and die and leave the world to "right thinkin" individuals who don't share your brand of safe space threatening hate.

Keep living in your world that never was and leave the real one to the adults in the room.
Here's the real danger. Such a scenario isn't going to be some Lieutenant pointing a finger at a bunch of innocent citizens and saying "pull the trigger". Most Americans revere our military right now, unlike other dark times in our history.

The politicians who wish to bring down the country will create a framework within which the military personnel feel like they need to defend themselves against an out of control citizenry.

They will turn the people into a mob and they will progressively use the military more and more in domestic affairs. Over time, the people will just see the military as the enforcement arm of those that they oppose.

At first, there will still be a respect there but if a couple incidences occur where the citizens clash will the military, that may turn the population against them. If they can make both parties fearful of the other, they can create such a scenario.

In the current environment, it's not gonna happen. With enough social unrest, and a highly distress population and enough manipulation, who knows. As a vet myself, I would hope it never comes to that though.
You "right thinkin' individuals" reflect the values that you fear. If your life experiences have produced fear biters like you and the other "adults in the room" I understand and sympathize w/ your pain.

mike r
We already know that they've war gamed scenarios that involved right wing insurgencies taking over cities and regions.
We will probably get a chance to find out for sure, if hillary gets elected.
You "right thinkin' individuals" reflect the values that you fear. If your life experiences have produced fear biters like you and the other "adults in the room" I understand and sympathize w/ your pain.

mike r

Fearful? Who is fearful? I'm just telling you that you are seriously delusional if you think American kids are different than any others.
WITF do you come up with this stupid f'n sh...?
Does the Boston Massacre ring any bells?

[Linked Image]
All this talk of "troops firing on Americans". LOL.

You all are picturing troops showing up at the local park on a Sundy afternoon, shootin up the church watermelon and quilting social.

Instead, picture hundreds of desperate people (Americans) clamoring for food or supplies for their family, armed to the teeth most likely, fighting over scraps and supplies, running the streets in gangs, in full blown survival mode. In a SHTF scenario, more than a couple people here may well go into panic mode and do despicable things in an effort to claim theirs.

What would troops do if faced with burning cars, molotov cocktails, armed Americans running the streets in big groups?

When asking this question, do you picture troops would just be randomly walking around Mayberry USA shooting passerby's as they were walking their dog or shopping for shoes?

Originally Posted by JoeBob
We already know that they've war gamed scenarios that involved right wing insurgencies taking over cities and regions.

We know this? Not everyone gains their info from Info Wars.

You state that you served in the U.S. military. Would you have fired on U.S. citizens, did you commit war crimes or other atrocities? If not why do you assume others to be lesser persons than yourself?

mike r
They won't fire on those they have total control of.

Thus the incentive..
By the time such an order would come, the waters would be muddied to the point that most of the military would follow right along.

mike r

+1
I'm gonna guess that 99% posting on this thread would fire on American citizens.

You state that you served in the U.S. military. Would you have fired on U.S. citizens, did you commit war crimes or other atrocities? If not why do you assume others to be lesser persons than yourself?

mike r

Because I know people and I, unlike you, know that people gain no automatic and special virtue by putting on a uniform.
Originally Posted by TheOldTree
WITF do you come up with this stupid f'n sh...?

Exactly
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm gonna guess that 99% posting on this thread would fire on American citizens.

You damn betcha. wink

Given the right circumstances.

But not as a political order from the POS.

mike r

Because I know people and I, unlike you, know that people gain no automatic and special virtue by putting on a uniform.

Sweet, now bath house gossip is Joebob's mantra.

You damn betcha. wink

Given the right circumstances.

But not as a political order from the POS.

+1.

mike r

You've obviously lived in a very protective, academic type world. The real world ain't so nice and clean nor is it moral in any sense of the word. An adult,,,you ain't. But you apparently have your "own room".
I was aware of the difference between right and wrong prior to putting on a uniform. YMMV.

mike r

Like in Chicago and Detroit, maybe, ongoing as we speak? Americans killing Americans. Go figure, Steely. grins.
Originally Posted by bellydeep
By the time such an order would come, the waters would be muddied to the point that most of the military would follow right along.

You seem to be being ignored by the rest o' the pack but I think you're probably correct here. Things have to get a lot worse before that happens ... but they could.

Tom
I was aware of the difference between right and wrong prior to putting on a uniform. YMMV.

mike r

Yet more of being the epitome of moral rectitude. True faith in ones fellow man is so refreshing to see here at The Campfire. Please carry on and regale us.
Old Toot, you have no idea, about anything, ever.

mike r

Removing the true warriors and replacing them with "political yes men" is the first step in insuring allegiance to the Homo-in-chief.

Why does this type of BS exist out in Cyber land? About a year ago Texas was prepping for the US military to take over Texas when the truth it was a military training exercise. Our system needs the nay-sayers and people who question the status quo but the kooks that pop up with the tin foil hats fan the flames of extremism.

Is there a possibility that our military would be used against our own people?.....Remotely maybe but pigs may fly remotely out of my ass to but maybe not.
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by bellydeep

You seem to be being ignored by the rest o' the pack but I think you're probably correct here. Things have to get a lot worse before that happens ... but they could.

Tom

The labeling of some groups as "domestic terrorists", and giving a pass to some that really are is part of that plan.
If that means not coinciding with your thoughts, I much appreciate the compliment.

Think for only just a sec: It's been done before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, Mikey, It's different this time. Surely it is.
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Why does this type of BS exist out in Cyber land? About a year ago Texas was prepping for the US military to take over Texas when the truth it was a military training exercise. Our system needs the nay-sayers and people who question the status quo but the kooks that pop up with the tin foil hats fan the flames of extremism.

Is there a possibility that our military would be used against our own people?.....Remotely maybe but pigs may fly remotely out of my ass to but maybe not.

You are such a trusting soul when it comes to .gov...

Me, not so much.

NWA, pigs have been flying outta yo ass for some time now. grins.

You're stunning ignorance and stupidity is so far off the charts of normal and reasonable people.When reasonable citizens are confronted with the truth,they understand its meaning and ramifications.They do not stick their heads up the ass of Obama aka Homo-in-chief.

You apparently had your head up the ass of Clinton and his freak Attorney General Janet Reno when the U.S.Military were deployed against citizens of Waco Texas,who had never been convicted of a crime.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
If that means not coinciding with your thoughts, I much appreciate the compliment.

I'm not sure what " not coinciding with my thoughts" actually means but I thinks I can live with that.

I just spent, just a second thinking, and I now understand how you have gained your world view.

mike r

I'm not sure what " not coinciding with my thoughts" actually means but I thinks I can live with that.

I just spent, just a second thinking, and I now understand how you have gained your world view.

mike r

I dont think you understand a thing at all and I can live with that.
the regular army is too small and too spread out to do this except around major training bases
that means the reserves and natl guards would have to be federalized to do the deed
might work in some blue states but no way in red states
rather silly idea as military in DC would stage takeover
DC is surrounded by a red state
7 days in may is a better possibility
Originally Posted by stlooiearch
the regular army is too small and too spread out to do this except around major training bases
that means the reserves and natl guards would have to be federalized to do the deed
might work in some blue states but no way in red states
rather silly idea as military in DC would stage takeover
DC is surrounded by a red state
7 days in may is a better possibility

Uh huh. Sure.

Aint now way a pig will fly out of your ass. Your head is in the way.
Paul B.

You are such a trusting soul when it comes to .gov...

Me, not so much.

Please adjust your foil hat so you get better reception!

Like in Chicago and Detroit, maybe, ongoing as we speak? Americans killing Americans. Go figure, Steely. grins.

What if 5,000 American Muslims, all armed, were marching for Booker T. Washington Elementary school and 200 military members were giving the order to fire?

You're stunning ignorance and stupidity is so far off the charts of normal and reasonable people.When reasonable citizens are confronted with the truth,they understand its meaning and ramifications.They do not stick their heads up the ass of Obama aka Homo-in-chief.

Fear, Smear and Queer my dear! Its great to see the hate pour out....How about this...Put up a candidate that can beat the DEM's unlike McCain, Mitt and now Trump! You guys have such a knack of riding a loosing horse every 4 years!
Don't know what the BFD is about. The Military fires upon USCitizens frequently in military altercations. A few months ago a US citizen was killed by a drone strike. When I was in combat (I was) I didn't care about the citizenship of the enemy, I shot back FIRST.
I'm no longer enlisted but I can think of a bunch of American citizens I'd happily open fire on.

Dave the Conquistador

+1

I get so sick of the militia types spreading their idiotic BS and supporting morons like the Bundys and Tim McVey .ill tell you right now when they finally do manage to ban guns I'm not going to blame them im blaming you. Every time I hear this crap I get a picture in my head about how it would be if they did manage to take over a town ,county etc and I am reminded of the scene in Larwence of Arabia where the Arab council is meeting after over taking Damascus. If you guys don't like America there are planes leaving everyday don't let the screen door hit you in the ass.
Don't worry, the guv kills people like the Weavers and Bundys, while letting the country fill with muslims. So you'll be fine.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Don't worry, the guv kills people like the Weavers and Bundys, while letting the country fill with muslims. So you'll be fine.

What were the Weavers and Bundys like?
Originally Posted by northwestalaska aka Obama ass wiper

Originally Posted by sportingspecialist

You apparently had your head up the ass of Clinton and his freak Attorney General Janet Reno when the U.S.Military were deployed against citizens of Waco Texas,who had never been convicted of a crime.

Fear, Smear and Queer my dear! Its great to see the hate pour out....How about this...Put up a candidate that can beat the DEM's unlike McCain, Mitt and now Trump! You guys have such a knack of riding a loosing horse every 4 years!

The members informed me that they thought you liked to play with little boys.

Your first six words,a pathetic attempt at creating a sentence,reads as though you are a light weight when it comes to intellect as well as more than a little queer.
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Don't know what the BFD is about.

Putting along the freeway in the left lane puts one in a higher risk category for civilian fire.
You are asking if a frightened 19 year old with all free thought (at least temporarily) beaten out of him in boot camp will fire on Americans when commanded by his Sarge or LT to do so? Probably most will. Some won't fire (at least at first, at least in WWII ad maybe later conflicts) when under direct enemy fire. Or so I've read.

The question really is, will those orders be given by the Com Occifers, and Non-coms?

What were the Weavers and Bundys like?

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Not to worry. The Fire-on-Americans push won't come until after Trump is elected.

If the firing order is limited to Obama, Hillary, Kerry, and select members of the Senate both present and past, including Harry Reid, I say good for the Military.
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Don't know what the BFD is about.

Putting along the freeway in the left lane puts one in a higher risk category for civilian fire.

Putting along at the speed limit and blocking the turds behind.

Get over it dude and know when you been had.
No one has asked me or anyone I know, and I'm pretty senior.

I think this is another red herring.
Originally Posted by David_Walter
No one has asked me or anyone I know, and I'm pretty senior.

I think this is another red herring.

I have no idea when I first heard the rumour of military being questioned on this subject but I remember I was still in and no one asked any of us. It believe it is green organic mater found in real bull pens.
Never asked in 25+ years.

It's nonsense.

Has anybody EVER had ROE that included verification of citizenship or nationality. Think about it.
They may not be being asked, but from what the upper echelon has revealed of themselves recently including those that have been sacked by the regime, there's not a doubt in my mind that they wouldn't have a problem issuing or following an order to do so.
Kent State.
Originally Posted by jdm953
Kent State.

WW
Um, the record clearly shows that the "students" burned buildings and attacked the National Guard before any shots were fired.

So, no, "Kent State" doesn't qualify either.
Um, the record clearly shows that the "students" burned buildings and attacked the National Guard before any shots were fired.

What if they were burning buildings and attacking the NG because the Federal Government abolished the 2nd Amendment?

Good post DW beat me to it..most people aren't savvy to what really happened only the media blitz of an out of control NG.
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem

Good post DW beat me to it..most people aren't savvy to what really happened only the media blitz of an out of control NG.

And what if it was 'extremists' protesting the Federal Government abolishing the 2nd Amendment and going for all out confiscation?
West Chicago is full of American citizens.

Dave
Hose them down,kick their ass would be fine with me.Shooting someone for throwing gravel is the way Hitler or Stalin would do it.I forgot that idiot from North Korea.The fact remains, troops fired on citizens.
Originally Posted by jdm953
Hose them down,kick their ass would be fine with me.Shooting someone for throwing gravel is the way Hitler or Stalin would do it.I forgot that idiot from North Korea.The fact remains, troops fired on citizens.

They've been doing it since we've been here. Did troops fire on citizens in 1776? 1863?

And what if it was 'extremists' protesting the Federal Government abolishing the 2nd Amendment and going for all out confiscation?

You can "What If" all day long but that is not the case and it is not worth any discussion.

The second is safer than most believe.The next dipchit to inhabit the Oval or press total confiscation wouldn't survive to receive their pension.The confiscation scenario is wrapped in tin foil since the logistics and manpower requirements of such a task don't and never will exist.
My opinion is that elite troops, well led and disciplined, have pride and a strong sense of their duties. I'd say most of them would refuse.
Troops like those abusing prisoners a few years back, reserves led by one of Hillary's women Generals who had an aversion to any discipline or even salutes, might very well fire on Americans.

The second is safer than most believe.The next dipchit to inhabit the Oval or press total confiscation wouldn't survive to receive their pension.The confiscation scenario is wrapped in tin foil since the logistics and manpower requirements of such a task don't and never will exist.

So that's a no?

What if they were burning buildings and attacking the NG because the Federal Government abolished the 2nd Amendment?

They call in the Coast Guard? Part of DHS and all.....
When troops were/are deployed to stabilize civil disturbance, riots, etc, ROE will dictate when deadly force is authorized.

It's really that simple.

When the troops are taking fire, they will return fire without checking passports. I promise.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
When troops were/are deployed to stabilize civil disturbance, riots, etc, ROE will dictate when deadly force is authorized.

It's really that simple.

When the troops are taking fire, they will return fire without checking passports. I promise.

I think in the beginning the troops will follow orders but will very quickly become sickened of the killing of their fellow citizens, Just a hunch.
History has shown us over and over again, that people will do whatever the powers that be tell them to do, to other factions of the populace.

So that's a no?

Command elements whether LE or military would make on sight decisions to engage depending on threat assessments as they would in any other scenario.
The government killing it's own citizens will be the match thrown into the barn.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

It's really that simple.

I think in the beginning the troops will follow orders but will very quickly become sickened of the killing of their fellow citizens, Just a hunch.

When you are a Corporal and the senior man on a patrol, or at a checkpoint, or security post, you will react based on the situation and your ROE. The Corporal will not be calling higher HQ for 'orders' on what to do.

This fearmongering about being 'ordered' to fire on citizens, is so stupid it doesn't even rate reply. It is fodder for simple minds, and simple people, who have never been anywhere, or done anything, and are clueless about the world around them.
If it ever came down to that situation history has shown us the response - shoot back!

It's really that simple.

When you are a Corporal and the senior man on a patrol, or at a checkpoint, or security post, you will react based on the situation and your ROE. The Corporal will not be calling higher HQ for 'orders' on what to do.

This fearmongering about being 'ordered' to fire on citizens, is so stupid it doesn't even rate reply. It is fodder for simple minds, and simple people, who have never been anywhere, or done anything, and are clueless about the world around them.

well said MM.

mike r

It's really that simple.

Bravo.

It's really that simple.

Just like when troops disregarded the Constitution and disarmed citizens after Katrina, you mean those types of orders?
"Despite their inability to cope with the resulting mayhem, several days after the storm passed New Orleans officials ordered the confiscation of lawfully-owned firearms from city residents. In a September 8, 2005 article, the New York Times described the scene, stating, “Local police officers began confiscating weapons from civilians in preparation for a forced evacuation of the last holdouts still living here… Police officers and federal law enforcement agents scoured the city carrying assault rifles seeking residents who have holed up to avoid forcible eviction.”

it was NOT the military, no "troops" were involved
"Despite their inability to cope with the resulting mayhem, several days after the storm passed New Orleans officials ordered the confiscation of lawfully-owned firearms from city residents. In a September 8, 2005 article, the New York Times described the scene, stating, “Local police officers began confiscating weapons from civilians in preparation for a forced evacuation of the last holdouts still living here… Police officers and federal law enforcement agents scoured the city carrying assault rifles seeking residents who have holed up to avoid forcible eviction.”

it was NOT the military, no "troops" were involved

A quick search gave me this I'm sure with a little more effort on my part I could come up with a lot more. Read it, you might learn something. posted below is one of the comments.

By their own admission "Troops" were involved.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
link.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not going to go into some long disertation concerning your question. I'll say this, WE (82nd AB Infantry), we told to confiscate weapons in abandoned homes because there were several street gangs and generally unruly people going in and collecting them for their own use. There were several people that were robbed, uh the good people, so they advised us to go in and confiscate all weapons until the chaos was under control. We did, and numbered every single one of them, afterwards promptly returning them to their owners. There is no official registration program in the state of La, so there was no way to tell if someone was using a stolen gun or not...thus us numbering and registering them before returning them. In conclusion, don't speak of what you don't know as you sound like the typical liberal fanatic looking for assistance from the ACLU. Know your facts before you run your mouth.

Also be advised that under Martial Law we(the Military) ARE the law and therefore do not have to comply with other niceties when performing our duties. We were sent to protect the public...that is what we did.

*EDIT* The term "Martial Law" was not unitlized during Katrina...however there was a "Police State" imposed. By definition they are the same thing when imposed by the US Govt. Martial Law is usually imposed by the State Govt. There is no Martial Law in La's constitution which is why the term Police State was used in lieu of Martial Law. Again, lack of knowledge of a subject.
I don't know. But if they are, they're being asked to fire on the wrong American citizens.

They could have fired on those American citizens who rioted at Trump's rally in Chicago and I wouldn't have raised a fuss about it.
Katrina is not the only time troops were involved in confiscation, If history is not learned it is destined to be repeated.

Link to more confiscation info.

Police state USA is not my first choice for info but they had most of it grouped together nicely.

It's really that simple.

ROE will let out troupes shoot back when fired upon? Must work only on US soil not where they are fighting now. mad
12344 you trust Yahoo more than on site at the time reporters ?
AL foil headwrap time
did you watch Katrina in real time ?
did you ever see army troops kicking in doors and taking guns ?
all I saw was the N.O. corrupt cops doing it so they could loot
next you'll be quoting the huffington post !
"Uncomfortable job"?
but they did it, didn't they

AL foil headwrap time

Does National Guard count?

...Just like when troops disregarded the Constitution and disarmed citizens after Katrina, you mean those types of orders?

What I mean is just what I said.

I was not on the ground during Katrina. I cannot offer any hard facts in that matter.

Regarding Katrina, I only know what the media reported. That is never a complete accounting of anything.
Never asked in 25+ years.

It's nonsense.

Has anybody EVER had ROE that included verification of citizenship or nationality. Think about it.

I think this about sums it up

mike r

I believe that to be true, however I think the point is it won't be the retired veterans making those calls, no?
The National Guard is a state agency, and has police powers when granted by that state's Governor. It's not the "Military."

Title 10 (regular Army, etc.) forces are only given police powers under the Sedition Act. Other applications of police powers by the "military" are violations of the Posse Comitatus Act.

The videos provided show police officers in battle dress uniforms (BDUs), not soldiers from the National Guard.

The average American can't tell that the contents of a soda pop are unhealthy for all mammals, how in the fudge are they going to tell if a person in BDUs carrying a AR-15 or M-4 is a cop or a Soldier?

They aren't.

Katrina was a cop on citizen thing. The Guard was there to help.

We in the National Guard are community-based citizen-Soldiers and Airmen. I don't see Guardsmen firing on their neighbors as any type of realistic scenario, ever.
A friend of mine and former Marine and cop went to work for a "contractor" (excellent pay with a newborn on the way) and was sent to Yemen to "quiet" some of the restless locals and train others. He said that in his opinion 99% of the guys in the military wouldn't turn their guns on us but foreign contractors would. His view of many of the foreigners employed by Blackwater would be not only willing but eager to follow orders.

He said that if civil war comes calling it'll be the foreign contractors that will be doing the governments work, especially he said, South Africans. His experience working alongside with many of them gave a unique and chilling assessment of how he thought it'd go.

I don't believe a majority of those in the military would even consider it but I do believe many cops across this nation would be more than willing to follow orders. Certainly not all cops but a large percentage would. Ruby Ridge, Waco, Burns Oregon, Council Idaho, hurricane Katrina, etc
Consider the oath of enlistment:

"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The ending part: "...according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.", is direction that only LAWFUL orders, and the Laws of Land Warfare, and the Code of Conduct, all apply.

Believe it or not, these are things we were repeatedly trained on too.

Then, finally,..."So help me God." Because there are times you will be in the fog of war, and you will need all the help you can get to do the right thing.
AL foil headwrap time

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Keep your head in the sand, it's much safer.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I don't believe a majority of those in the military would even consider it

I don't believe a majority would either but there would be some that would follow the "order" if given but it would make most sick to even think about it, just as it would make me sick to think about firing upon a U.S. Soldier.

Lots of history about soldiers following "unlawful orders".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whiskey Rebellion- Incidentally one of the few times in American History where the President has taken to the field as Commander in Chief

Bonus Army- Where the commander of the forces who faced citizens was future General of the Army Douglas McArthur.

Battle of Blair Mountain - Where Browning Machine guns were used to shoot at the protestors.

Executive Order 9066- The Internment of Japanese Americans

Little Rock Nine- The de-segregation of an Arkansas school that pitted the governor of Arkansas and the Arkansas National Guard against the Federal US Army. The crisis was resolved by a title 10 callup of the entire Arkansas National Guard by President Eisenhower.

Kent State shootings- The Ohio National Guard fires on student protestors.

1992 Los Angeles riots- The CA National Guard is used to quell riots in the aftermath of the acquittal of four LAPD officers accused of beating Rodney King

Hurricane Katrina- The National Guard confiscates legally owned firearms from Louisiana Citizens.

Link.

Think about it. How hard is it now or would it be later for Bunghole to tell a bunch of DHS or his own handpicked military units to "go get those terrorists".. meaning you.

The men actually doing the heavy lifting could be fed a bag of B.S. about your background, leanings, intent.. and you get vaporized for being a "terrorist".

We aren't that far from that now, guys. And if you aren't seeing the possibility, your eyes aren't open.
I cannot conjure a situation where the Pres bypasses the entire Chain of Command, and takes direct control of a tactical unit, along the required support and logistical units. Never gonna happen.
I cannot conjure a situation where the Pres bypasses the entire Chain of Command, and takes direct control of a tactical unit, along the required support and logistical units. Never gonna happen.

1794 it happened, it is not beyond the realm of possibility. Highly improbable as lessons have been learned but still possible especially with all the gun grabbing commies sitting in Washington these days.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In October 1794, Washington traveled west to review the progress of the military expedition. According to historian Joseph Ellis, this would be "the first and only time a sitting American president led troops in the field".

Link.
Throughout history, no tyrant has ever had trouble finding his henchmen.

Easy. He gives an order. If it is refused, he fires the general and puts another in his place. Rinse, wash, and repeat until he finds a lackey to do as he wishes.
Yeah that sounds easy.....give or take.
Yeah that sounds easy.....give or take.

Generals are whores. You don't get stars these days with bending over.
That's good to know.

The internet is such a wealth of information. How did we ever get by without it.
Generals have always been whores. Read your history.
My best knowledge of Generals is firsthand knowledge of serving with a few in peace and war.

I don't have an interest in reading other's perceptions.
[quote=MontanaMarine]That's good to know.

The internet is such a wealth of information. How did we ever get by without it. [/quote

What's good to know? I didn't make a statement claiming anything. I repeated what I was told and asked if anybody knew anything about it.
Quick reply, not for you, don't sweat it.

I don't think Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf is whore by any stretch of the imagination.

It would be interesting to see you say that to his face.
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Here's the real danger. Such a scenario isn't going to be some Lieutenant pointing a finger at a bunch of innocent citizens and saying "pull the trigger". Most Americans revere our military right now, unlike other dark times in our history.

The politicians who wish to bring down the country will create a framework within which the military personnel feel like they need to defend themselves against an out of control citizenry.

They will turn the people into a mob and they will progressively use the military more and more in domestic affairs. Over time, the people will just see the military as the enforcement arm of those that they oppose.

At first, there will still be a respect there but if a couple incidences occur where the citizens clash will the military, that may turn the population against them. If they can make both parties fearful of the other, they can create such a scenario.

In the current environment, it's not gonna happen. With enough social unrest, and a highly distress population and enough manipulation, who knows. As a vet myself, I would hope it never comes to that though.
Well said - but our dear leader and this outlaw administration is really, really pushing.. At some point, people are gonna push back - hard..
All I need to know is that the central government of this nation is a greater danger to me and mine then any outside threat and act accordingly.

Jim

mike r

Why not...coppers do.

And the question of morality does not enter in to it when there is not a homogenous citizenry.
Will American youth fire on American citizens? There are 72 nationalities attending my former high school.
My best knowledge of Generals is firsthand knowledge of serving with a few in peace and war.

You think you're the only one who has known a few or that my opinions are completely devoid of first hand experience?

I don't think Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf is whore by any stretch of the imagination.

He's dead you know.
Originally Posted by Joseywales
Will American youth fire on American citizens? There are 72 nationalities attending my former high school.

Exactly. What allegiance do these kids have to old white men or the ideas of old white men?

Schwarzkopf was a Democrat.

You think you're the only one who has known a few or that my opinions are completely devoid of first hand experience?

There are millions of vets, yes I'm aware of that.

If I was interested in your opinions or experiences, I'd ask you about them.

There are millions of vets, yes I'm aware of that.

If I was interested in your opinions or experiences, I'd ask you about them.

Then, your experiences probably weren't worth mentioning then were they?
Hard to put a worth on my comments. They are free of charge, you can read or skip over.

I'm sure they will not change a single mind on the matter of the OP. I'd say my comments are about as relevant as anybody elses. Give or take.
Exactly
My comments are based on my experiences.

Somtimes connecting the two gives a little bit of credence, or at least a point of reference for anybody who is interested.

Obama's swat team shows up in Canyon Ferry MT
gets on the bull horn and says "turn in all your guns"
nobody does
they start kicking in doors
within 30 minutes, they are all dead

that is IF they ever made it as far as Canyon Ferry

MT Gov calls up the army guard to close all state borders
MT and SD air guard puts up F-15s & 16s

fire up your streaming video and rewatch both Red Dawn
movies
those bad guys brought a lot more to the table and still did poorly

big sale on aluminum foil down at piggly wiggly
Obama's swat team shows up in Canyon Ferry MT
gets on the bull horn and says "turn in all your guns"
nobody does
they start kicking in doors
within 30 minutes, they are all dead

that is IF they ever made it as far as Canyon Ferry

MT Gov calls up the army guard to close all state borders
MT and SD air guard puts up F-15s & 16s

fire up your streaming video and rewatch both Red Dawn
movies
those bad guys brought a lot more to the table and still did poorly

big sale on aluminum foil down at piggly wiggly

Really...you think a children's movie is relevant?
so in your world

7 days in may
the longest day
gettysburg
tora tora tora
stagecoach
she wore a yellow ribbon
dr strangelove
and 1000s more

are childrens movies and have no lessons for a fellow named after the general that cost lee gettysburg ?

the characters in the movie were not "children"
most about the same age as those who fought and won WW II

you fought in what war?

It's really that simple.

Just like when troops disregarded the Constitution and disarmed citizens after Katrina, you mean those types of orders?

Mag,

I was a squad leader in the 9th Ward when that order came down. My CO issued the OPORD. During the back brief, I stated, "Sir, that's an unconstitutional illegal order." He said, "you're right, we're not going to do it." Two of our Battalion's companies did not confiscate, two did, for one day. The Battalion Commander refused to comply within 12 hours and our Battalion, as a whole did not.

This discussion does come up over beers from time to time. The majority of Infantry types are very constitutionally minded. Not so much from the REMF types. Probably why the left resents vets and grunts so much. The actually warriors are not idiots.

In 2008 the military as a whole voted the lowest level of R since the draft ended. It still voted 88% R. Liberal cowards do not tend to join the Mil and definitely not the combat arms.

As far as left leaning politicos becoming general officers, got it, it is an issue. But it's the low ranking Soldiers and Marines that make the decisions whether or not to pull triggers.

so in your world

7 days in may
the longest day
gettysburg
tora tora tora
stagecoach
she wore a yellow ribbon
dr strangelove
and 1000s more

are childrens movies and have no lessons for a fellow named after the general that cost lee gettysburg ?

the characters in the movie were not "children"
most about the same age as those who fought and won WW II

you fought in what war?

Is there something wrong with you?
Originally Posted by JSTUART
[quote=stlooiearch]

Not intending to join in this fight, but in fact General Longstreet agreed.
He wanted to court martial Stuart for being out raiding at a time Lee badly needed information regarding Union forces.
Originally Posted by Tracks
Originally Posted by JSTUART
[quote=stlooiearch]

Not intending to join in this fight, but in fact General Longstreet agreed.
He wanted to court martial Stuart for being out raiding at a time Lee badly needed information regarding Union forces.

No relation, different century, and different continent.

And anyone quoting children's movies as a source has more than a couple of marbles loose.
"Is there something wrong with you?"

obviously, as I do not agree with you.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Schwarzkopf was a Democrat.

Makes him politically stupid but not a whore.
Originally Posted by Rogue
Mag,

I was a squad leader in the 9th Ward when that order came down. My CO issued the OPORD. During the back brief, I stated, "Sir, that's an unconstitutional illegal order." He said, "you're right, we're not going to do it." Two of our Battalion's companies did not confiscate, two did, for one day. The Battalion Commander refused to comply within 12 hours and our Battalion, as a whole did not.

This discussion does come up over beers from time to time. The majority of Infantry types are very constitutionally minded. Not so much from the REMF types. Probably why the left resents vets and grunts so much. The actually warriors are not idiots.

In 2008 the military as a whole voted the lowest level of R since the draft ended. It still voted 88% R. Liberal cowards do not tend to join the Mil and definitely not the combat arms.

As far as left leaning politicos becoming general officers, got it, it is an issue. But it's the low ranking Soldiers and Marines that make the decisions whether or not to pull triggers.

Good to know how it went down first hand, Point is 50% followed the illegal orders while others didn't. I in no way said all troops will fire upon citizens but undoubtedly if the unthinkable were to happen citizens will die at the hand of the military, be it for a day, month or what ever.

I think finding a soldier to fire upon a fellow citizen will be much harder than it was to find a soldier to confiscate arms, the percentage numbers will be much smaller than Katrina.

Thank you Rogue for your service and thank you very much for defending the Constitution of the United States of America.
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by GunReader

Bingo! Never put anything in writing, nor say something controversial unless it is just you and one other person. No corroborating witnesses. That Email is out there forever now. It would not be difficult to find it. I don't think our Military will fire on otherwise law-abiding citizens whose only crime is possession of a firearm that was declared a prohibited weapon long, long after they originally bought it.

This very same topic came up after klinton's 1994 AWB.

And just who will be giving the military all those details?
© 24hourcampfire