Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Uncomfortable job"?
but they did it, didn't they

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stlooiearch
12344 you trust Yahoo more than on site at the time reporters ?
AL foil headwrap time
did you watch Katrina in real time ?
did you ever see army troops kicking in doors and taking guns ?
all I saw was the N.O. corrupt cops doing it so they could loot
next you'll be quoting the huffington post !

Does National Guard count?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 12344mag
...Just like when troops disregarded the Constitution and disarmed citizens after Katrina, you mean those types of orders?

What I mean is just what I said.

I was not on the ground during Katrina. I cannot offer any hard facts in that matter.

Regarding Katrina, I only know what the media reported. That is never a complete accounting of anything.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Never asked in 25+ years.

It's nonsense.

Has anybody EVER had ROE that included verification of citizenship or nationality. Think about it.

I think this about sums it up

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by lvmiker
You should confine your cynical and cowardly standards to yourself and not reflect them on others. Until recently I worked w/ many current and former members of the military on a daily basis and felt uplifted by the quality of the human beings I met.

I still believe in my country and believe that if you were to poll the Veterans on this site your fears would be allayed.

mike r

I believe that to be true, however I think the point is it won't be the retired veterans making those calls, no?

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The National Guard is a state agency, and has police powers when granted by that state's Governor. It's not the "Military."

Title 10 (regular Army, etc.) forces are only given police powers under the Sedition Act. Other applications of police powers by the "military" are violations of the Posse Comitatus Act.

The videos provided show police officers in battle dress uniforms (BDUs), not soldiers from the National Guard.

The average American can't tell that the contents of a soda pop are unhealthy for all mammals, how in the fudge are they going to tell if a person in BDUs carrying a AR-15 or M-4 is a cop or a Soldier?

They aren't.

Katrina was a cop on citizen thing. The Guard was there to help.

We in the National Guard are community-based citizen-Soldiers and Airmen. I don't see Guardsmen firing on their neighbors as any type of realistic scenario, ever.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A friend of mine and former Marine and cop went to work for a "contractor" (excellent pay with a newborn on the way) and was sent to Yemen to "quiet" some of the restless locals and train others. He said that in his opinion 99% of the guys in the military wouldn't turn their guns on us but foreign contractors would. His view of many of the foreigners employed by Blackwater would be not only willing but eager to follow orders.

He said that if civil war comes calling it'll be the foreign contractors that will be doing the governments work, especially he said, South Africans. His experience working alongside with many of them gave a unique and chilling assessment of how he thought it'd go.

I don't believe a majority of those in the military would even consider it but I do believe many cops across this nation would be more than willing to follow orders. Certainly not all cops but a large percentage would. Ruby Ridge, Waco, Burns Oregon, Council Idaho, hurricane Katrina, etc

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Consider the oath of enlistment:

"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The ending part: "...according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.", is direction that only LAWFUL orders, and the Laws of Land Warfare, and the Code of Conduct, all apply.

Believe it or not, these are things we were repeatedly trained on too.

Then, finally,..."So help me God." Because there are times you will be in the fog of war, and you will need all the help you can get to do the right thing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stlooiearch
12344 you trust Yahoo more than on site at the time reporters ?
AL foil headwrap time
did you watch Katrina in real time ?
did you ever see army troops kicking in doors and taking guns ?
all I saw was the N.O. corrupt cops doing it so they could loot
next you'll be quoting the huffington post !

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Keep your head in the sand, it's much safer.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I don't believe a majority of those in the military would even consider it

I don't believe a majority would either but there would be some that would follow the "order" if given but it would make most sick to even think about it, just as it would make me sick to think about firing upon a U.S. Soldier.

Lots of history about soldiers following "unlawful orders".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whiskey Rebellion- Incidentally one of the few times in American History where the President has taken to the field as Commander in Chief

Bonus Army- Where the commander of the forces who faced citizens was future General of the Army Douglas McArthur.

Battle of Blair Mountain - Where Browning Machine guns were used to shoot at the protestors.

Executive Order 9066- The Internment of Japanese Americans

Little Rock Nine- The de-segregation of an Arkansas school that pitted the governor of Arkansas and the Arkansas National Guard against the Federal US Army. The crisis was resolved by a title 10 callup of the entire Arkansas National Guard by President Eisenhower.

Kent State shootings- The Ohio National Guard fires on student protestors.

1992 Los Angeles riots- The CA National Guard is used to quell riots in the aftermath of the acquittal of four LAPD officers accused of beating Rodney King

Hurricane Katrina- The National Guard confiscates legally owned firearms from Louisiana Citizens.

Link.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Think about it. How hard is it now or would it be later for Bunghole to tell a bunch of DHS or his own handpicked military units to "go get those terrorists".. meaning you.

The men actually doing the heavy lifting could be fed a bag of B.S. about your background, leanings, intent.. and you get vaporized for being a "terrorist".

We aren't that far from that now, guys. And if you aren't seeing the possibility, your eyes aren't open.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I cannot conjure a situation where the Pres bypasses the entire Chain of Command, and takes direct control of a tactical unit, along the required support and logistical units. Never gonna happen.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I cannot conjure a situation where the Pres bypasses the entire Chain of Command, and takes direct control of a tactical unit, along the required support and logistical units. Never gonna happen.

1794 it happened, it is not beyond the realm of possibility. Highly improbable as lessons have been learned but still possible especially with all the gun grabbing commies sitting in Washington these days.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In October 1794, Washington traveled west to review the progress of the military expedition. According to historian Joseph Ellis, this would be "the first and only time a sitting American president led troops in the field".

Link.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Throughout history, no tyrant has ever had trouble finding his henchmen.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Easy. He gives an order. If it is refused, he fires the general and puts another in his place. Rinse, wash, and repeat until he finds a lackey to do as he wishes.

Last edited by JoeBob; 06/22/16.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Yeah that sounds easy.....give or take.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yeah that sounds easy.....give or take.

Generals are whores. You don't get stars these days with bending over.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That's good to know.

The internet is such a wealth of information. How did we ever get by without it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Generals have always been whores. Read your history.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
My best knowledge of Generals is firsthand knowledge of serving with a few in peace and war.

I don't have an interest in reading other's perceptions.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (10gaugemag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 3333vl, 358WCF, 19 invisible), 15,214 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,976
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.