Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Um, the record clearly shows that the "students" burned buildings and attacked the National Guard before any shots were fired.

So, no, "Kent State" doesn't qualify either.

Good post DW beat me to it..most people aren't savvy to what really happened only the media blitz of an out of control NG.

And what if it was 'extremists' protesting the Federal Government abolishing the 2nd Amendment and going for all out confiscation?

The second is safer than most believe.The next dipchit to inhabit the Oval or press total confiscation wouldn't survive to receive their pension.The confiscation scenario is wrapped in tin foil since the logistics and manpower requirements of such a task don't and never will exist.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My opinion is that elite troops, well led and disciplined, have pride and a strong sense of their duties. I'd say most of them would refuse.
Troops like those abusing prisoners a few years back, reserves led by one of Hillary's women Generals who had an aversion to any discipline or even salutes, might very well fire on Americans.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Um, the record clearly shows that the "students" burned buildings and attacked the National Guard before any shots were fired.

Good post DW beat me to it..most people aren't savvy to what really happened only the media blitz of an out of control NG.

And what if it was 'extremists' protesting the Federal Government abolishing the 2nd Amendment and going for all out confiscation?

The second is safer than most believe.The next dipchit to inhabit the Oval or press total confiscation wouldn't survive to receive their pension.The confiscation scenario is wrapped in tin foil since the logistics and manpower requirements of such a task don't and never will exist.

So that's a no?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

What if they were burning buildings and attacking the NG because the Federal Government abolished the 2nd Amendment?

They call in the Coast Guard? Part of DHS and all.....

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
When troops were/are deployed to stabilize civil disturbance, riots, etc, ROE will dictate when deadly force is authorized.

It's really that simple.

When the troops are taking fire, they will return fire without checking passports. I promise.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
When troops were/are deployed to stabilize civil disturbance, riots, etc, ROE will dictate when deadly force is authorized.

It's really that simple.

When the troops are taking fire, they will return fire without checking passports. I promise.

I think in the beginning the troops will follow orders but will very quickly become sickened of the killing of their fellow citizens, Just a hunch.

Last edited by 12344mag; 06/22/16.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
History has shown us over and over again, that people will do whatever the powers that be tell them to do, to other factions of the populace.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So that's a no?

Command elements whether LE or military would make on sight decisions to engage depending on threat assessments as they would in any other scenario.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The government killing it's own citizens will be the match thrown into the barn.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 12344mag

It's really that simple.

I think in the beginning the troops will follow orders but will very quickly become sickened of the killing of their fellow citizens, Just a hunch.

When you are a Corporal and the senior man on a patrol, or at a checkpoint, or security post, you will react based on the situation and your ROE. The Corporal will not be calling higher HQ for 'orders' on what to do.

This fearmongering about being 'ordered' to fire on citizens, is so stupid it doesn't even rate reply. It is fodder for simple minds, and simple people, who have never been anywhere, or done anything, and are clueless about the world around them.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If it ever came down to that situation history has shown us the response - shoot back!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

It's really that simple.

When you are a Corporal and the senior man on a patrol, or at a checkpoint, or security post, you will react based on the situation and your ROE. The Corporal will not be calling higher HQ for 'orders' on what to do.

This fearmongering about being 'ordered' to fire on citizens, is so stupid it doesn't even rate reply. It is fodder for simple minds, and simple people, who have never been anywhere, or done anything, and are clueless about the world around them.

well said MM.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It's really that simple.

Bravo.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

It's really that simple.

Just like when troops disregarded the Constitution and disarmed citizens after Katrina, you mean those types of orders?

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Despite their inability to cope with the resulting mayhem, several days after the storm passed New Orleans officials ordered the confiscation of lawfully-owned firearms from city residents. In a September 8, 2005 article, the New York Times described the scene, stating, “Local police officers began confiscating weapons from civilians in preparation for a forced evacuation of the last holdouts still living here… Police officers and federal law enforcement agents scoured the city carrying assault rifles seeking residents who have holed up to avoid forcible eviction.”

it was NOT the military, no "troops" were involved

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stlooiearch
"Despite their inability to cope with the resulting mayhem, several days after the storm passed New Orleans officials ordered the confiscation of lawfully-owned firearms from city residents. In a September 8, 2005 article, the New York Times described the scene, stating, “Local police officers began confiscating weapons from civilians in preparation for a forced evacuation of the last holdouts still living here… Police officers and federal law enforcement agents scoured the city carrying assault rifles seeking residents who have holed up to avoid forcible eviction.”

it was NOT the military, no "troops" were involved

A quick search gave me this I'm sure with a little more effort on my part I could come up with a lot more. Read it, you might learn something. posted below is one of the comments.

By their own admission "Troops" were involved.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
link.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not going to go into some long disertation concerning your question. I'll say this, WE (82nd AB Infantry), we told to confiscate weapons in abandoned homes because there were several street gangs and generally unruly people going in and collecting them for their own use. There were several people that were robbed, uh the good people, so they advised us to go in and confiscate all weapons until the chaos was under control. We did, and numbered every single one of them, afterwards promptly returning them to their owners. There is no official registration program in the state of La, so there was no way to tell if someone was using a stolen gun or not...thus us numbering and registering them before returning them. In conclusion, don't speak of what you don't know as you sound like the typical liberal fanatic looking for assistance from the ACLU. Know your facts before you run your mouth.

Also be advised that under Martial Law we(the Military) ARE the law and therefore do not have to comply with other niceties when performing our duties. We were sent to protect the public...that is what we did.

*EDIT* The term "Martial Law" was not unitlized during Katrina...however there was a "Police State" imposed. By definition they are the same thing when imposed by the US Govt. Martial Law is usually imposed by the State Govt. There is no Martial Law in La's constitution which is why the term Police State was used in lieu of Martial Law. Again, lack of knowledge of a subject.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't know. But if they are, they're being asked to fire on the wrong American citizens.

They could have fired on those American citizens who rioted at Trump's rally in Chicago and I wouldn't have raised a fuss about it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Katrina is not the only time troops were involved in confiscation, If history is not learned it is destined to be repeated.

Link to more confiscation info.

Police state USA is not my first choice for info but they had most of it grouped together nicely.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

It's really that simple.

ROE will let out troupes shoot back when fired upon? Must work only on US soil not where they are fighting now. mad

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
12344 you trust Yahoo more than on site at the time reporters ?
AL foil headwrap time
did you watch Katrina in real time ?
did you ever see army troops kicking in doors and taking guns ?
all I saw was the N.O. corrupt cops doing it so they could loot
next you'll be quoting the huffington post !

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 20 invisible), 14,547 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,985
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.