Home

Nevada county California # nowhere near Nevada
kansas city Missouri # are we in Kansas
massengale and massengill #
AIDS # used to be diet pill
ISIS # changed their name to ionis pharmaceuticals

and many more , can think of any ?

P
My friends dad served in WWII with a guy named Milo Harry Hole. Until the day he died he couldn't tell the story without laughing so hard he was crying.
I reviewed some demolition plans submitted by a Professional Engineer, marked in what appeared to be crayon, with the PE name being Harry Dick. No lie
OCA was and still is Oregon Cattlemen's Association.
OCA is Oregon Citizens Alliance prominent for anti-gay stances.
Every time one speaks the other has to clarify it's position.

BLM = Bureau of Land Management
BLM = Black Lives Manner
April Showers, who had a brother named Thunder.
Guess their parents wanted a climatologist or two in the family. But that didn't happen.
My mother said she went to school with a girl named Ophelia Thing.

There used to be a politician in NH named Dick Swett.

Why anyone would give their kid a name like that is beyond me.
Wyoming County PA
My uncle had two friends that were twins named
Ima and Yura Hore
Friends of ours are from
North, South Dakota
My late aunt was a 1st-grade teacher in a bad part of Chicago..

Had one little girl in her class named "Vomitice"....

eek

And just a few miles south of me is El Paso, WI.. Like, WTH?
Couple kids I went to HS with were members of the Head family. Their uncle was Richard. Oddly enough, he did not go by "Dick." Whoda thunk it?

Tom
Who in their right mind would wear Nun Bush shoes?!
co-worker's last name was Deekshitulu
when he was calling someone he would say : hi this is Dick sheit.

we told him many times to say something else but he never listened.

P.
Knew a guy named Chick Little, if you made fun or a off key comment about it, you had to seriously apologize, or fight.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
My friends dad served in WWII with a guy named Milo Harry Hole. Until the day he died he couldn't tell the story without laughing so hard he was crying.

True story:
There was a guy in town here named Harry Peter DeLong.

Of course whenever he got in trouble (which was often) and had to go to court, when his case would come up the bayliff would call out for "DeLong, Harry Peter" to appear.
Used to be an insurance salesman here named Dick Ball.
wife swears she took some classes with a girl named Fonda Peters
Originally Posted by Texczech
Used to be an insurance salesman here named Dick Ball.

I know a guy named Richard Ball. Goes by nickname "Blue".
In our HS class, a rotund fellow had the name Max Much.
Originally Posted by WV_Airedale
I reviewed some demolition plans submitted by a Professional Engineer, marked in what appeared to be crayon, with the PE name being Harry Dick. No lie

I've seen his name on drawings too.

A friend works at a hospital and said a couple gave their child the name of [bleep].
There was a city inspector in Houston named Joe Blow.
Two families with names that stood out in our little town. The Bozo's and the Dodo's.

Yeah, the society page had the young ones headlined as "Dodo marries Bozo".

Don't know how that worked out.
I had an Abbott and Costello routine with my manager ( chat ) about who do I need to work with on this project.

His last name turns out to be : He

P.
My son and his friends (in jr. high school at the time) used to crack up every time they saw a particular realtor's name on a For Sale sign. Her name? Anita Dick.
Harry Bitch
Guy that works at my wifes school last name is Wacof
My grandmother's maiden name was Fuxa, long U but it was often mis-pronounced.
Go through basic training with the name of Richard Head.

He took the heat off everyone....
I was attending a presentation at a beekeeping symposium. The speaker was discussing various honey bee related diseases.

One of the diseases in question was Parasitic Mite Syndrome (PMS). Given that all of the worker bees in a beehive are female, you REALLY have a problem if your bees have PMS.
Had a patient years ago named Harry Butts. Mom knew a Rose Petal and I went to school with a Mike Hunt. Some parents were incredibly cruel to their child subjecting them to a lifetime of ridicule.
WE had Lemonjello and Orangjello in school here. Also a [bleep] pronounced Sha Theed. Local kid last name of Cherry whose nickname was "Buster"
Race car driver Dick Trickle....

Harry Dick Burnes went by Dick Burnes
I work with a young woman named Kristi.

Her full first name is Kristiana. Her last name is Beach.

It gets better, her middle name is Sandy.

Say the whole name out loud.

P
Sex offender in Utah, now deceased, named Max Hard.
I had a distant uncle named Larry Lipshitz. He changed his name to George Lipshitz.
I went to HS with a guy named Lundon England, not London. We had a substitute teacher one day who had everyone sign in. He sent Lundon to the office because he though he was trying to be a smart ass.

I know a brother and sister named Rocky and Pebbles from the Flintstones.

I worked with a girl for a while who grew up between Hopeful and Climax GA. She lived in Cumming at the time.

Teaching for 30 years I had a few with odd names. My favorite was Shadow. He wanted to join the military and become a CIA agent.

I didn't teach this kid, she went to a different school but her name spelled was La-a. Pronounced Ladasha.

I coached football and years ago we played another team that had a Beaver Packer on the team.
Clueless Winddancing

Simen Fux

All of the Vietnamese variations of Phouc (like Mi Phouc ala Phouc, Mi)

Someone with the middle name of Morron
A guy buried at the cemetery is named Harry Bush.
My brother and I used to joke about experiencing "Paris in the springtime".

Paris, France....or Paris, Texas?
If you're around a reservation you'll see some interesting last names:

Manygoats
Afraidofhawk
Tallhorse

Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty

Or Paris, Idaho?
knew a chick who's name was Terrie Street Walker. she was hot.
A co worker of mine had the last name Ebeling. He insisted (to his wife's wonderment) that their fraternal twins be named Sam and Janet. And she cringed ever after when he introduced them in song. (Think "South Pacific" here...)

Sam and Janet Ebeling...
Went to HS with twins. David and Dennis K.untz.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
A co worker of mine had the last name Ebeling. He insisted (to his wife's wonderment) that their fraternal twins be named Sam and Janet. And she cringed ever after when he introduced them in song. (Think "South Pacific" here...)

Sam and Janet Ebeling...

Part of a knock-knock joke too.

Knock, knock.
who's there?
Sam and Janet.
Sam and Janet who?
Linoleum Jones,....a BEAUTIFUL young adolescent "High Yellow"
Gal in N.O. La.

....her Mom thought , "It's such a pretty word."

GTC

Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Wyoming County PA

Wyoming County WV
I had a doctor appropriately named Ow. Local dentist is named DeKay.
Went to elementary school with Joyanne Love, went to Basic training with an E2 named Partz. Hard not to laugh when the drill sergeants called out "Private ... oh you have got to be sh--ting me !" Had a politician around the time Wayne's World was popular that couldn't figure out why his signs were getting stolen. His name was Dick Schwing. Last, but not least, exit 69 off of I75 in MI is Big Beaver Road.
Originally Posted by ROMAC
Who in their right mind would wear Nun Bush shoes?!

I have a pair of those and wonder why on earth they chose that name......
There's a dentist in Seattle named Ph_k Dat.
Originally Posted by Wyogal
April Showers, who had a brother named Thunder.
Guess their parents wanted a climatologist or two in the family. But that didn't happen.

smile

The Rabbitt family I knew named their two kids Peter and Bunny. shocked
One of the high school cheerleaders was named Donita... (after her dad, Don) their last name was Pigg.

Donita Pigg. smile

She was HOT too. I would have...
Wyoming County PA

Wyoming County WV

Looks like there's also a Wyoming County NY

In my area Moscow ID also comes to mind as well as Pittsburg Landing over on the Salmon river.
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
wife swears she took some classes with a girl named Fonda Peters

There was a girl basketball player here in Iowa named Fonda Dicks.
Wyoming County PA

Wyoming County WV

Looks like there's also a Wyoming County NY

In my area Moscow ID also comes to mind as well as Pittsburg Landing over on the Salmon river.

Texas County, Oklahoma. It's in the panhandle.
Wrecker truck driver in Brady when I was cop there was named Jack. Unfortunately, his father's last name was Eoff...
Originally Posted by SSB
Race car driver Dick Trickle....

The White Knight
Dept of mismatched: in Iowa, there are many towns that aren't located in counties of the same name: for example Iowa City - not in Iowa County, Des Moines - not in Des Moines County, Emmetsburg - not in Emmet County.
married couple : Little Gay

http://www.you-can-be-funny.com/FunnyWeddingNames.html

P.
Hometown store - Swindle Jewelry
Law Firm. Dewey, Suk, Dingle, and Howe
Local root canal guy. Dr. Payne
Used car salesman in Ohio :Aziz( as is ).

P.
My daughter was delivered by Dr Born and as a child I saw Dr Butcher several times..............

and then there is Dr Feeley...in the appropriate field no less....

https://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-james-feeley-xws4c
Almost forgot - in BE&E school (Navy - San Diego) back in 'early '67 we had a classmate named Santa Claus... Middle name was Michael - so that's what he went with..

The P.Os at morning muster never believed it; about 2-3 times during the training they'd call him forward to look at his ID card.. Dang nice kid - and from TX..
Cheatem Real Estate Company in Athens, AL.
Went to school with a guy named Thomas Thomas.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by KMS

I've known a couple Thomas Thomas' they were all douchebags. 😬
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by KMS

I've known a couple Thomas Thomas' they were all douchebags. 😬

grin
Sadly, Mr. Everhard recently passed away. His obituary did refer to him as Dick.

[Linked Image]
Young engineer where I worked was named Jimmy Gay. When he and his wife had a son, they changed the family name to her maiden name; Jimmy had had enough teasing. Unfortunately, when someone looked at designs he had worked on, and didn't realize who J. Gay was, they were told it was Jimmy --, he used to be gay.
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Local root canal guy. Dr. Payne
I grew up in Colorado Springs and went to a dentist named Dr Payne. He lived up to his name, so I went to another named Dr Mangle...
My wife works for a Periodontist who shares the same last name as a Urologist who has an office two doors down. She has some entertaining stories about gentlemen who walk into her office by mistake.
My brother had a childhood friend named Randy Root...

I always thought that was a pretty cool name. smile

Walk up to a group of girls and introduce yourself, and see what happens. grin
We had a guy who once ran for Governor of West Virginia. His name was Peter Beter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Beter
I have a young lady living across the street named Envy. Who names their kid after one of the seven deadly sins??

In college as a bank teller I cashed a check for a kid named Peter Wacker. No lie. Poor dude said he was in the process of changing his name when I busted out laughing and asked him if his parents were hopelessly naïve or just hated him.
Adopted veitmenese guys I worked with. Their names were Robert and Richard Head. No Shhit.
Local politician and ex-police chief was named Red Nutt.
he ran once against a guy with the last name of Gay.
so, all over town there were Gay/Nutt signs competing for real estate.
Rumz my pastor's last name is Nutt and his wife is a psychologist.

Some of you may know the financial adviser that used to have a syndicated show: Benjamin Dover. That didn't fool anyone.

Originally Posted by kenjs1
Rumz my pastor's last name is Nutt and his wife is a psychologist.

Some of you may know the financial adviser that used to have a syndicated show: Benjamin Dover. That didn't fool anyone.

his wife's name Eileen?
Old story in Fairbanks was the fellow who got this name listed in the phone book. Remember, phone books list by
last name; first name.

His first name was Dick. Last name Floppalotta.
Originally Posted by JMR40
I went to HS with a guy named Lundon England, not London. We had a substitute teacher one day who had everyone sign in. He sent Lundon to the office because he though he was trying to be a smart ass.

I know a brother and sister named Rocky and Pebbles from the Flintstones.

I worked with a girl for a while who grew up between Hopeful and Climax GA. She lived in Cumming at the time.

Teaching for 30 years I had a few with odd names. My favorite was Shadow. He wanted to join the military and become a CIA agent.

I didn't teach this kid, she went to a different school but her name spelled was La-a. Pronounced Ladasha.

I coached football and years ago we played another team that had a Beaver Packer on the team.

My daughter in law is a teacher and she had a girl in her class named La-Rah. On the first day of school my DIL mispronounced it of course and she was promptly corrected, "it's Ladashra. The dash don't be silent".
My vets name is Bowser. I knew a kid named Locke. Smith of course.
I lived next door to Jesse James in the late 60's. My wife went to school with Baylor Baylor Baylor. I guess they liked their last name so much they used it as a first and middle name for their son.

Lots of fun Crow, Blackfeet,Salish and other tribal names here in Montana. From the tough sounding Black Wolf, Bear Shield, and Mankilling to more fun names like Calf Boss Ribs, Skunkcap and Weaselhead.
had a brig general in the pentagon nmcc when i worked there that was named richard c head. bald as a cue ball and rather florid. he lived up to his name as well.
i knew a guy who's name was R B Garza, not Arby he beat a lot of tickets because of that.literally R and B on his birth certificate.
I went to high school with a chick named Robin Feathers.
Paris, Idaho.
Wife was telling me just yesterday about filling out some paperwork in the family business....asked the customer his name, he said Dick Glasscock. Said she couldn't help but burst out laughing.
Knew a Dr. Analicht.
I knew a guy in California last name Thyme.....first name was Justin.
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
In the Vancouver phone there used to be a listing for Rection, Hugh G. It took about four years before someone in BC Tel (now Telus) questioned the listing.
A few doctors I know:

Dr Payne- Anesthesiologist
Dr Maul- General Surgeon
Dr Slaughter- General Surgeon
Dr Remus- Urologist
Dr Holman- OB/GYN

I am sure I will remember a few others.
Jersey Shore.... Pennsylvania

Anita Dick

I drove truck for Harry Bush, had his dam name on the trucks, everyone thought it was me. Made for some interesting CB conservations.

Work with Lee Roy, when he was a freshman the football coach looked at him and said "your parents didn't like you, did they boy".
A cowboy friend of mine with the last name of Brush, named his son Sage. Poor kid was going to be a cowboy whether he wanted to or not
Originally Posted by efw
I have a young lady living across the street named Envy. Who names their kid after one of the seven deadly sins??

If you put my initial and last name together, I'm one, too...GREED

Guess it beats SLOTH or GLUTTONY..

I used to work with a guy named Michael Hunt...I couldn't bring myself to refer to him or even call him Mike.

There's another guy at one of our European or Indian sites named Parikshit...

Aqualung

Went to school with a sweet sexy girl named Roberta Mount, couldn't keep a straight face when they took attendance - Mount, Roberta! We'd love to! laugh
There was a kid in my high school named Harry Beaver.
Doctor guttman. Does internal medicine. Operated on my appendix.
I worked at a lumber yard while in high school. We had a regular customer named Justin Case. I didnt believe him the first time I saw it on a pull ticket. He showed my his DL and said he gets it all the time. The best part was his wife's name is Sue Case! No joke!

Elk Country
In college I knew Ima Pigg and Ura Pigg
Originally Posted by kingston
Indiana University of Pennsylvania

There's a California University in Pa. also.

There was a family in the town where I grew up with the last name Assalone.

The High School Mascot was the Beavers.

Had a kid in the Scout troop named Charles Yoo, didn't take long before it was Chuck Yoo

Locally, I've seen an all girl Envirothon team called the 'Angry Beavers'- Never did figure how that one got by the team advisor.

Dale

I have been to Hell. Hell, MI.
A classic from the Porkie string of movies . . . Mike Hunt
Hope I don't get in trouble for this,
It is an actual town or village in Austria..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/[bleep],_Austria

Put
F u c king
in the bleep, no spaces.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Our local OB-GYN is named Dr. Stiff.
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Couple kids I went to HS with were members of the Head family. Their uncle was Richard. Oddly enough, he did not go by "Dick." Whoda thunk it?

Tom

Went through school (elementary to high school) with a guy named Thad.
HAROLD Butt

Thoro Hollowpeter

(True names)
Originally Posted by Diesel
Two families with names that stood out in our little town. The Bozo's and the Dodo's.

Yeah, the society page had the young ones headlined as "Dodo marries Bozo".

Don't know how that worked out.

Better, if not compound hyphenated....
Drill Sergeant conducting roll call of fresh enlistees at the Reception Battalion:

"ADAMS!"

"Here, Drill Sergeant!"

"BAKER!"

"Here, Drill sergeant!"

Pause. The look on the Drill Sergeant's face was incredulous.

"OH MY GOD"

Timid voice, "Here Drill Sergeant"

"NO, NO, NO. CRUMPACKER? COME HERE, BOY. I GOTS TO SEE THIS!"
My son had a classmate, "Miami Dolphin". I didn't believe him until I read a book to the class (first graders), and his name was on his desk.
[Linked Image]
Used to work with a chemist named "Dick Hunt".

Teller in a local bank had a name plaque that read, "VioLynn". Guess her folks were music lovers?

Mike
A company I worked for was leasing some SE Asian folks whose names in English spelling were Fat Tang, Knock My Tang, and Man Tang. (Phat Tang et al)

IIRC they lived in Beaver's Nest subdivision.

These names are verifiable in the records of the Clerk of Court, Caddo Parish, Louisiana.

Local family with last name of Crapp.

One daughter's 1st name was Robin......
Originally Posted by mathman
A company I worked for was leasing some SE Asian folks whose names in English spelling were Fat Tang, Knock My Tang, and Man Tang. (Phat Tang et al)

IIRC they lived in Beaver's Nest subdivision.

These names are verifiable in the records of the Clerk of Court, Caddo Parish, Louisiana.

But no Poon?
Two fraternity brothers, Jon Holmes and Mike Hunt
There's some funny named Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) places around here.
Keep in mind Pho is pronounced Fa...

There's a Pho That and Pho You and a Pho Me. 😁
My aunt was a nurse and saw a kid named Love Magnificent. And it was a boy.
Dick Trickle, NASCAR driver.
moab Utah
moab Afghanistan
moab Syria # coming soon.

P.

One of my dad's employees was Norman Bates.
Julia Gulia (The Wedding Singer)

Climax and Fertile MN are about 30 miles apart.

Miami of Ohio University has a top tier D-1 Hockey team

Dickinson, ND.

Angie Dickinson was born in ND, but not in Dickinson, ND. I don't believe she was a tranny either.
a few more :

mazda cars : Ahura Mazda ( Zoroastrian God )
mazda tribute SUV: we will remember you
chevy nova : doesn't go in spanish
Edward : Viagra

P.
Dick Little.
Had a professor named Dick Walker. Never could figure out if that meant that he traveled on the thing like a pogo stick or if he took it our for exercise on a leash.
Know a local named Timber Wolf. First met him up at Boundary when I checked my guns

Last I saw he was working for roto rooter here

Ironbender you were close the phone listing was Dick Floppalotofit

Wonder if lots of random girls called that number?

Guy in Minto. Jimmie Jimmie
GM managers were puzzled why their 'chevy nova' cars sales were low in Spanish speaking countries until someone told them and they changed the name.

P.
I was subbing in the middle school and some smart ass looking kid told me his name was Casper when he walked in. He was pale white. I was just about ready to call BS until I looked at the attendance sheet..
I know of a guy named Dick Pole and a Laycock family.
Richard Steele...

A professor friend had a student named La-a. Pronunciation: Ladasha.
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Or Paris, Idaho?

Or Calif!
Cheers NC
A friend of mine has a BIL who's name is Rod Longstaff..
Have a friend here named Dick Long... he is a home inspector.
Originally Posted by persiandog
GM managers were puzzled why their 'chevy nova' cars sales were low in Spanish speaking countries until someone told them and they changed the name.

P.

Big John's Beans and Fixin's called Gros Jos in Canada.
Big Bone Lick, KY
Originally Posted by Vek
Richard Steele...

A professor friend had a student named La-a. Pronunciation: Ladasha.

B.S.
I heard that joke.

P
458 Lott

I shoot with a Norman Bates and he says that to this day he still gets the smart-a$$ messages on his phones.
When was that movie . . . 1970s?
Originally Posted by northcountry
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Or Paris, Idaho?

Or Calif!
Cheers NC

or Paris ohio
Originally Posted by FieldEGrade
Wyoming County PA

Every been through Hollywood, Pa? Literally a wide spot in the road. Their post office used to be a 16' travel trailer painted red white and blue.
'Went to school with a girl who's last name was Fuchs. And yes she did. Boy, did she ever.
I live in Wyoming County NY.
The term Wyoming actually came from Pa.
An Indian name I think.
Cowsucker Creek, Hamlin NY
I know a Dick Rider...
Posted By: 21 Re: mismatched or unfortunate names - 05/07/17
Years ago there was someone named C K Bigoldi in the Atlanta phone book. Of course, in the phone book it was BigoldiCK.
There was doctor Phister around town that practiced proctology.

I know a guy named Richard Magnus. He's a lawyer.

I married one of the Ball girls from McCreary County. She has an Uncle Richard. They have a place down there called Granny Holt's Knob. It's on Rt 92 There's also Pine Knot and Mudcut.

I recently joined a company that has a fellow named Dougshat working the IT Help Line. That's his first name.

One of the more tragic stories I heard was the family named Hore up the street. The daughters got so teased in high school the family changed its name to Hearn.

However, the ace #1 tragic name I can say with certitude is Anna Borchine. Her family was Russian. She worked as a teacher with my first wife.
This is no lie (God strike me dead) but I had customers at a major university (Husband and wife research team) whose names were Luong Dhong and Wi Wi Wang.
I formerly worked with Dr. Doctor (people always thought he was messing with them....). I also worked with Dr. Davidoff, first name Jack.......
Keister Minnesota, Good Lord!

Cool Aid : Jim Jones
Hora : Kurdish female name, I explained to her several times what it means but she didn't want to change it
Gaz : a popular candy in Iran
Nasi : a popular female name in Iran ( means cute or soft )

P.
Two guys that I worked with in a butcher shop with years ago were named Herdt and Payn. The joke was that they would be a great wrestling tag team, but that they should never take up dentistry and open an office together.
Ann means $hit in Farsi.
Originally Posted by horse1
Miami of Ohio University has a top tier D-1 Hockey team.

You missed the best part- it's located in Oxford (OH). Can really confuse some people. They think you went to Miami (FL) or are super smart and went to Oxford. MU Ohio is my alma mater.
I know an Amazon employee who's user name (official work name, computer-generated) is 'manure'. Yeah, no schitt, I had a hard time believing it when I saw it at first. Luckily, English isn't her first language, or she'd be really pizzed off.
I worked with a guy named Richard Hickey. I bet he had a tough time in school
Two patients years ago in the ER. Her name is Sh/tonya. His is Sh/thead. (Substitute i in there.) Not related that I know of. Talking with a couple of the deputy sheriffs last year and asked if they heard of him. "Oh, yeah. He's a regular." Not sure what became of her. Talk about set up to fail. Two brothers were Lemonjello and Oranjello. Don't know where they ended up, either.
Guy lived down the street from us while I was growing up, name was Jack Sass... never seemed to bother him, guess he took a little ribbing but was a good guy, names mean nothing!

Phil
My daughters first pediatrician was Adam Dick or Dr. Dick!
I met a gal in the bar one time, her name was Brooke Trout.
Originally Posted by montanabadger
I met a gal in the bar one time, her name was Brooke Trout.

Something fishy about that one. Did she work for scale?
Had a teacher in High School, Mrs. Putz, her husband's full name was Peter Less Putz.
© 24hourcampfire