Home
Posted By: KoolBreeze DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

Schumer, Pelosi say they have deal with Trump to protect 'Dreamers'
Published September 13, 2017
Fox News

President Trump praises bipartisanship, urges unity

Democratic congressional leaders emerged from a meeting with President Donald Trump Wednesday vowing to pursue an agreement protecting immigrants who were brought illegally into the U.S. as children from deportation.

In a joint statement, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said they and Trump had "agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that's acceptable to both sides."

A source briefed on the meeting confirmed to Fox News that Trump and the leaders agreed to pair the DREAM Act with some measures enhancing border security. The source confirmed that those measures do not include Trump's long-promised wall across the U.S.-Mexico border.

An estimated 800,000 young immigrants are currently covered by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, which was formed by former President Barack Obama in 2012. Earlier this month, the Trump administration announced it was winding down the program over the next six months, putting pressue on Congress to pass a legislative solution.

The White House issued a statement describing the meeting as "constructive" and "a positive step toward the President's strong commitment to bipartisan solutions for the issues most important to all Americans." The statement added that the three had discussed "policy and legislative priorities," including "tax reform, border security, DACA, infrastructure and trade."

The dinner date with Schumer and Pelosi came after the president stunned GOP congressional leaders by striking a deal last week with the two senior Democrats for a short-term spending and debt-ceiling deal. While GOP leaders wanted a longer-term package, the deal helped ensure immediate aid to hurricane victims while averting a government shutdown for now.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...deal-with-trump-to-protect-dreamers.html

What kind of crap is this? Doesn't look like they doing much to stop ILLEGAL immigration. Just making the illegals legal.
Posted By: RollingThunder Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/09/13/trump-top-democrats-agree-to-work-on-deal-to-save-daca/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_daca1013pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.3783c65e87b3

WTF is going on?? Trump is selling out to Schumer and Pelosi again.

Why are they in the white house without their republican counterparts in the house and senate?
Posted By: Dixie_Dude Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
From what I understand, DACA was only to allow the kids who came with parents and grew up here to be citizens when they turn 18. Republicans may not go along with this, but may allow the kids to be citizens WITH funding for the wall.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
I smell a big political maneuver none of us can yet see. I'm not worried until Trump actually SIGNS anything. Until then, it's all posturing, virtue signaling and political maneuvering.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Originally Posted by RollingThunder

Why are they in the white house without their republican counterparts in the house and senate?

The Republicans are Never-Trumpers and obstructionists. Who needs them.

They can't even pass a bill to repeal, or repeal and replace, Obama Care after seven years of collecting donations from their constituents claiming this to be their number one priority.

Screw Ryan and screw McConnell.

President Trump has but one option, make deals with the Democrats and get half of what he wants, or wait forever for the Republicans to do as they have promised and get NOTHING done.

Half a pie is better than no pie at all.
Posted By: Bobmar Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
I smell a big political maneuver none of us can yet see. I'm not worried until Trump actually SIGNS anything. Until then, it's all posturing, virtue signaling and political maneuvering.

I think that's an astute analysis.
Posted By: EdM Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

Indeed.
The main stream media is already praising Trump for this alleged deal he made with Chuck and Nancy. Hell, Sen. Al Franken on MSNBC was praising Trump on this. The liberals are learning that the way to move Trump is to praise him. By tomorrow the Washington Post and NYT will be running front page stories on Trump's deal with these two.

I can't take this shidt anymore.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Amazing. The Democrats will get TWO pieces of substantive legislation through in less than a month. Meanwhile, the GOP can't get SCHIDT done with Congress/Senate/Presidency. I don't admire much about Dems, but I do admire the fact that they get stuff done and get it done quickly. The GOP is well on their way to blowing another opportunity, just like they did in 2000-2006. OTOH, did anyone REALLY think the GOP weren't going to pass a continuing resolution of some sort, or give amnesty to the "dreamers"????
Posted By: KoolBreeze Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Trump was the one all about the wall during the campaign, not most of the Republicans. If he'll go along with a deal that doesn't include anything for the wall, then that's exactly what he'll get. The problem is neither the Democrats nor the majority of the Republicans want to take a hard nosed approach to the immigration problem. Most of them are just looking out for themselves and their own political future. There are even insane rumors of letting illegals VOTE in some states. That's just ludicrous. I thought Trump was different, had the good of his country and countrymen at heart, and couldn't care less about the politics. I'm beginning to think I've been duped.

I don't care that he makes deals with Democrats. More power to him if he can do that AND stick to the agenda that he ran on. But it appears here he is just giving them what they want without getting anything of substance in return.

BTW, I couldn't care less about the actual physical wall although that was Trump's promise. But I do want to see the immigration laws enforced, not changed to make the illegals legal. I've said for years the answer is easy. All you have to do is cut off the jobs and welfare. The rest will take care of itself.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
"they and Trump had "agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that's acceptable to both sides."

When did the Democrats ever hint they wanted a wall ?, Mr.T agreed to their wishes,,,and he gets what he wants, the Republicans aren't giving him any help.

With the 10's of billions needed for Texas and Florida relief, no wall is getting funded thru congress anyway...give it up, no wall.
Posted By: KyWindageII Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Trump is, always was, a Paper Tiger.

Principled people picked an unprincipled man and they got -- nothing.

All he has ever wanted is good positive press and he will pursue it in any direction.

Best description I have ever seen, "A media savvy Con Man from Queens."

MAGA
Posted By: watch4bear Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/13/trump-democrats-daca-deal/

grin grin grin grin grin
Posted By: David_Walter Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

Maybe because, having been handed the House and the Senate, the Republican jackwagons haven't been able to do fudge-all that they promised, and Trump is looking elsewhere to fulfill HIS promises?

Just a surmise.....
Posted By: old_willys Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Originally Posted by steve4102

They can't even pass a bill to repeal, or repeal and replace, Obama Care after seven years of collecting donations from their constituents claiming this to be their number one priority.

Screw Ryan and screw McConnell.

President Trump has but one option, make deals with the Democrats and get half of what he wants, or wait forever for the Republicans to do as they have promised and get NOTHING done.

Half a pie is better than no pie at all.

+1
and Trump is looking elsewhere to fulfill HIS promises?

He said he would work with democrats grin
Posted By: old_willys Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Maybe because, having been handed the House and the Senate, the Republican jackwagons haven't been able to do fudge-all that they promised, and Trump is looking elsewhere to fulfill HIS promises?

Just a surmise.....

^^^^^^^ this
Posted By: Dutch Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
I've said this before, but if you want to see what the Trump presidency will look like, study the Clinton presidency. Most of Billy's agenda was passed with Republican majorities. Billy wasn't a democrat anymore than Trump is a republican.

The republican party is more dysfunctional than a hippie commune....
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Just a surmise.....

It is a shame that he has had to resort to half of his agenda because of the Republican (His own Party) Never-Trumpers refuse to work with him.

Now we are at Plan (B), working with the Democrats. That is .............

Just think how much he could have actually done to MAGA if is own party would have supported him. This country would be busting at the seams with prosperity.

But no, Ryan and McConnell are not interested in a successful Trump Administration, he is an outsider ya know, their interests lie with their donor base and the Establishment.

At any rate, president Trump has just rendered McConnell and Ryan useless as tits on a bull. I'll bet they are having the Deer in the Headlights look saying, what the [bleep] just happened, did we just get Trumped again? Where's Mueller, hurry up Mueller this outsider is kicking our ass.

Posted By: AcesNeights Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
I'm not sure that I'll be able to stomach voting "republican" ever again, they've become as detestable if not more so than the democrats. At least the democrats make their disdain for our constitution known, they don't hide their hatred. The republicans pretend to value the constitution and personal freedom but the reality is they're [bleep] liars, scum sucking, do nothing, subversive [bleep].
Posted By: SU35 Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
NO WALL, NO SECOND TERM FOR TRUMP.

He's done in 4 years.
Posted By: ldholton Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
we don't really need a wall , just sniper training on the border. Kill all north bound
Just think how much he could have actually done to MAGA if is own party would have supported him. This country would be busting at the seams with prosperity.

Care to explain how? Other than the bastards not repealing obamacare; what have they not supported for prosperity?
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that's acceptable to both sides.

Considering that half the coun try wants a wall, good luck with that.
Originally Posted by SU35

He's done in 4 years.

Did you read the OP and the article?

Obviously not, just the thread heading.

here let me help.

and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall,

There feel better now!
Posted By: byc Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Both halves of the country don't know what a wall is or what it would even do.

The other half believe the Wall would have likely kept DACA out! wink
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I'm not sure that I'll be able to stomach voting "republican" ever again, they've become as detestable if not more so than the democrats. At least the democrats make their disdain for our constitution known, they don't hide their hatred. The republicans pretend to value the constitution and personal freedom but the reality is they're [bleep] liars, scum sucking, do nothing, subversive [bleep].

Yep.
You guys keep talking about the damn Republicans not working with Trump. If he signs a deal with the Dems that excludes a wall, THAT'S ON TRUMP.
If he signs a deal with the Dems that excludes a wall, THAT'S ON TRUMP.

But they can blame the republicans when they don't pass it grin
Posted By: bbassi Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Originally Posted by Dutch
The republican party is more dysfunctional than a hippie commune....

Stealing that.
Posted By: SU35 Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

He's done in 4 years.

Did you read the OP and the article?

Obviously not, just the thread heading.

here let me help.

and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall,

There feel better now!

No, I did read it.

https://apnews.com/5ac2b359ee2a48ce...have-deal-with-Trump-on-young-immigrants

The top House and Senate Democrats said Wednesday they had reached agreement with President Donald Trump to protect thousands of younger immigrants from deportation and fund some border security enhancements — not including Trump’s long-sought border wall.

And Mexico is going to pay for the wall. Remember that one?

Posted By: AcesNeights Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
The 700,000+ that are "covered" under DACA are of little consequence, it's the other 15 million illegals that I care about. Trump is focusing on tax reform and if a DACA compromise allows him to pass meaningful tax reform then good. The wall might not be part of this package but it doesn't necessarily mean that it's off the table for good.

That, I'm sure, is part of the political maneuvering. Trump has a lot of rallies planned in I think 13 states, or 13 rallies in 7 states. He did promise to rip the mask off of the RINOs.
Posted By: Bobmar Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
The 700,000+ that are "covered" under DACA are of little consequence, it's the other 15 million illegals that I care about. Trump is focusing on tax reform and if a DACA compromise allows him to pass meaningful tax reform then good. The wall might not be part of this package but it doesn't necessarily mean that it's off the table for good.

Another good point.

It's really closer to 40M illegals. It has been the 11M number fed to us since 1996.

Like I said, a lot of political maneuvering. DACA is unpopular nationwide, illegal immigration even more so with about 80% disapproval. That's why I smell political maneuvering.

One thing I see this move doing is showing that republicans can't get on board with Trump's agenda and in general can't get anything done. Another is the warning that Trump is capable of working across party lines- we've not seen that in a while. The deal on raising the debt ceiling in exchange for Harvey relief was, IMO, a big old shot across the bow of the RINOs. I think this statement is another warning to get in line or I'm (speaking as Trump) going to sign unpopular legislation that you (swamp) voted for so the voters will throw you out in the midterms. Remember, large portions of the D party don't like illegal immigration. They couldn't do amnesty with Obama, doubt they can do it now. Just what I observe.
One thing I see this move doing is showing that republicans can't get on board with Trump's agenda and in general can't get anything done.
[quote][/quote]

He's just grabbing em by the twat grin

http://fox6now.com/2017/09/08/president-trump-signs-hurricane-aid-debt-ceiling-bill/
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Remember, we elected (yes, I voted for him) a businessman, not a professional politician. His whole frame of reference is deal-making, not playing party politics. He is doing exactly what he was elected for, and he will deal with anyone that will work with him, and circumvent anyone who won't. And deals often involve compromises and altering of original positions/wants/demands.

BOTH political parties need wake-up calls and mental enemas. I voted Trump because he looked like the best option to shake EVERYBODY up.

As far as DACA, Trump has done what should have happened first time around - placed the responsibility for developing and passing legislation on Congress instead of unilateral "Presidential Decree".
Posted By: Nrut Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Fake News coming from Schumer, Pelosi..
Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
"The Art of the Deal"

Doesn't have to be a good deal...just a deal
Posted By: ironbender Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

Fox News

Now Playing

Democratic congressional leaders emerged from a meeting with President Donald Trump Wednesday vowing to pursue an agreement protecting immigrants who were brought illegally into the U.S. as children from deportation.

In a joint statement, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said they and Trump had "agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that's acceptable to both sides."

An estimated 800,000 young immigrants are currently covered by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, which was formed by former President Barack Obama in 2012. Earlier this month, the Trump administration announced it was winding down the program over the next six months, putting pressure on Congress to pass a legislative solution.

A source briefed on the meeting confirmed to Fox News that Trump and the leaders agreed to pair the DREAM Act, which provides for giving young illegal immigrants eventual citizenship, with some measures enhancing border security. The source said that those measures do not include Trump's long-promised wall across the U.S.-Mexico border.

However, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders issued a tweet denying that the border wall was off the table. A Democratic aide familiar with the conversations told Fox News that Trump "was clear he would continue to fight for the wall separate from this agreement."
Posted By: 12344mag Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

We're going to get stuck with them no matter how you feel at it, it's just reality.

Now the 15 million illegals.........GTFO!, no compromises.
Posted By: milespatton Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

Have not gone all the way to the end of the thread, so this may have already been brought up. Since the Republicans seem to want to go against President Trump, they should reject this, and they have the votes. Chess? miles
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Build the wall and in 6 months when congress is done send all 800,000 back to where they came from.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Politicians say a lot of things, and make a lot of promises, in order to get elected. Trump did just that. I never thought that he would be able to do everything he said he was going to do, I just wanted him to beat Hillary. But, having said that, the two big issues that he was elected on in my opinion, were immigration reform and getting rid of Obamacare. I know he has only been in office for about 9 months, but he has failed so far to do either.

The reality of the situation is that he is a weak president, with little clout. The Democrats hate him, as does about half the Republicans in Washington, if not more. Neither side wants to do a damn thing that is going to rattle the Hispanic population, because they are worried about the vote. It's just like it is with the Black's, and LGBT's, and the Tree Huggers. and the Muzzies.........they all have their arses being kissed in order to get their votes. Those groups vote exclusively for the Democrats, but the dumbarse Republicans are foolish enough to think that if they "act nice," they'll siphon off some of those votes, and everybody will be happy.

Screw this whole mess. Just build the wall....the one we voted for, get tougher on border security, ship people out of here if they aren't citizens, quit letting so many in who have no business being here, make our country safe again. How damn simple could that be?
Posted By: KFWA Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
seems the obvious play is to trade DACA for the wall and do an end around Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell at the same time.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Most here say the Dream Act was "unpopular with most Americans", actually, nationwide it prob'ly runs 50/50, about like the election. Start parading out those who have been here since they were three and the issue could go on forever.

President Trump just defanged the MSM and the Libs on this issue while embarrassing the do- nothing Republicans in Congress. At the same time he has put the Dream Act back before Congress where it belongs, with a deadline.

Already President Trump has had an impact on illegal immigration just by being elected, if he can translate this latest give and take into taking effective action on controlling our Border that would be brilliant. Better yet if his actions light a fire under the GOP.

Time will tell.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
No deal was made last night on DACA. Massive border security would have to be agreed to in exchange for consent. Would be subject to vote.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
The WALL, which is already under construction in the form of new renovation of old and existing fences and walls, will continue to be built.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
The congressional Republicans have taken themselves out of the mix of governing, so Trump is going to go on alone without them. He just rendered them completely irrelevant to his agenda.

If Democrats are the scum water on top of the swamp, then most Republicans are the crappy muck underneath. They all need to go.
Posted By: NeBassman Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
This mornings tweets.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-to-throw-out-good-educated-young-people

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 14, 2017

...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security

Let me just add that a BIG "border security package" should be viewed as "virtual wall".
Originally Posted by NeBassman
This mornings tweets.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-to-throw-out-good-educated-young-people

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....

...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security

Having the rule of law means that outcomes sometimes seem less than kind in particular cases, but the consequence of eliminating the rule of law to prevent these outcomes results in a vastly greater evil. A strong leader has to be willing to take the pressure that comes from holding firm to standards, because to surrender standards results in chaos and destruction.
Posted By: Calvin Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
I'd give up daca for tax reform. The republicans will be the ones standing in the way of the wall.
Originally Posted by Calvin
I'd give up daca for tax reform. The republicans will be the ones standing in the way of the wall.

If the Dems had both houses and the presidency, do you suppose there would be any compromising going on?
Posted By: Calvin Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Do you want tax reform, or do you not make enough money to care?
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Politicians say a lot of things, and make a lot of promises, in order to get elected. Trump did just that. I never thought that he would be able to do everything he said he was going to do, I just wanted him to beat Hillary. But, having said that, the two big issues that he was elected on in my opinion, were immigration reform and getting rid of Obamacare. I know he has only been in office for about 9 months, but he has failed so far to do either.

The reality of the situation is that he is a weak president, with little clout. The Democrats hate him, as does about half the Republicans in Washington, if not more. Neither side wants to do a damn thing that is going to rattle the Hispanic population, because they are worried about the vote. It's just like it is with the Black's, and LGBT's, and the Tree Huggers. and the Muzzies.........they all have their arses being kissed in order to get their votes. Those groups vote exclusively for the Democrats, but the dumbarse Republicans are foolish enough to think that if they "act nice," they'll siphon off some of those votes, and everybody will be happy.

Screw this whole mess. Just build the wall....the one we voted for, get tougher on border security, ship people out of here if they aren't citizens, quit letting so many in who have no business being here, make our country safe again. How damn simple could that be?

^^^^^^ This!! Well Said !!! ^^^^^^^^
Posted By: hatari Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Don't blow a gasket just yet. This is what I'm reading from all of this.

1.) "excluding the Wall". Doesn't mean the Wall is dead, just means they aren't dealing with it in this package.

2.) Trump tried to work with the GOP for 8 months, and could not get them to unite behind him. This leaves him 2 choices: either cut deals with the Dems to get a few votes or pull an Obama and try to continue to govern by use of Executive Orders only. Reagan had to cut deals to get things done, and looks like Trump has come to the conclusion that it is impossible to get the entire GOP to unite. That means to get some of what he wants, he's going to have to give them some of what they want.

3.) You aren't going to deport these "Dreamers" anyway. No way to round them all up and too expensive to round them up and send them back. Just make existing laws work, get rid of sanctuary cities, and deport the criminals and break up the gangs. Would it be a good political trade to exchange this Dreamer thing that will never be acted upon to regain some sanity in enforcing our current laws? To get the Dems to back some sort of tax reform, is it a good political move? Is it a good political move to end the Dems pattern of complete resistance and obstruction? Would that give Trump the opportunity to come back and tell America "I'm working with these people" and can he use that to his political advantage? How about he idea that he can turn to the base and say "I tried to work with these RHINOS for 8 months and they wouldn't back me. Get me some new faces to work with"

Let's be honest, there is a cost associated with any political move. Trump is coming out of Harvey and Irma looking good. Bush got castrated over the Katrina response and that hurt him more than the anti war stuff. Trump actually looks better after jumping on aid for storm victims. Now he's coming out and threw DACA back at Congress and tells them to fix their mess. It's a huge bargaining chip. Trump tells Pelosi and Schumer that if they want to avoid the GOP killing DACA altogether, then they need to play ball with Trump. Take a good look, they are willing to play ball with Trump to some degree. The Art of the Deal, MAGA all unfolding for those who want to see it.

No, this is not the sweeping overhaul of Clinton - Obama socialist policies, but those two had 16 YEARS to have their people work the Leftist agenda. Trump has had 8 MONTHS. This is the first crack in the wall that the Democrats put in front of Trump and his agenda. Trump is moving the needle to the Right, maybe not as far and fast as you'd like but you are getting some of what you want. HRC would be going full speed to the Left and you would be choking on Feminism, Socialism, complete Open Borders, and a world in which Iran, Russia, and the NORKS would had no hesitation in doing whatever they want. The NORKS are belligerent right now because Trump makes them nervous. They are testing him.

What you are seeing is political maneuvering. If you want to call it a "sell out" go ahead, but you are living in a fantasy world if you don't see that the GOP will not rubber stamp Trump's agenda and ram it down the Dems throat. It is not happening. If you want to say the GOP in Congress has failed you, then you have a valid point.

Suddenly, Ryan and McConnell don't hold all the power in Congress. What if Trump has to throw Schumer a bone to get 6-7 Dems to go with him. What if he has to deal with Pelosi to get 20 Dems in the House to paly ball? That is egg on the face of Ryan or McConnell and pours water on the MSM hate Trump frenzy.

Shrewd politics? Practical politics? Realistic politics? The Art of the Deal.

Hatari Times

Fox News

Democratic congressional leaders emerged from a meeting with President Donald Trump Wednesday vowing to pursue an agreement protecting immigrants who were brought illegally into the US as children from deportation.

In a joint statement, 2 Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said they and Trump had "agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, 1 excluding the wall, that's acceptable to both sides."

A source briefed on the meeting confirmed to Fox News that Trump and the leaders agreed to pair the DREAM Act with some measures enhancing border security. The source confirmed that those measures do not include Trump's long-promised wall across the U.S.-Mexico border.

An estimated 800,000 young immigrants are currently covered by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, which was formed by former President Barack Obama in 2012. Earlier this month, the Trump administration announced it was winding down the program over the next six months, putting pressure on Congress to pass a legislative solution.

3 The White House issued a statement describing the meeting as "constructive" and "a positive step toward the President's strong commitment to bipartisan solutions for the issues most important to all Americans." The statement added that the three had discussed "policy and legislative priorities," including "tax reform, border security, DACA, infrastructure and trade."

The dinner date with Schumer and Pelosi came after the president stunned GOP congressional leaders by striking a deal last week with the two senior Democrats for a short-term spending and debt-ceiling deal. While GOP leaders wanted a longer-term package, the deal helped ensure immediate aid to hurricane victims while averting a government shutdown for now.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

If the Dems had both houses and the presidency, do you suppose there would be any compromising going on?

No. They'd shove their agenda done our throats. Their leaders are ruthless and will cut down any of their flock that balks from the Party line. Their leadership is true to their agenda and will achieve it by whatever means available. The GOP has weak leadership that allows mavericks to go AWOL from the Party agenda, often in the name of "principle". There are no repercussions to these mavericks. The GOP is still playing the game the way it was done in the pre-FDR era. Look at the special election in Georgia's 5th District to replace Tom Price. 1 Dem ran in the Primary. One. THIRTEEN Republicans ran. The GOP opened it up to anyone who could file. WTF kind of strategy is that? That's being French, i.e. using tactics from the last war and expecting victory in the new war.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
More than the wall or illegal immigration is at stake.

If Trump alienates his base to the extent that the Democrats take the White House in 2020, They will immediately turn Texas blue with citizenship and voting rights for illegals and this country will go full blown Commie forever.

*This* administration has to fix illegal immigration, end Muslim immigration, and build the wall or it will be planting the seeds for the ruination of the country,...and they will be damn fast growing seeds.

Well, what the Democrats do have is the House and the Senate.

Ryan is not only a RINO he is a Liberal RINO and his wife is a hard core Democrat Soros funded Liberal. We know who wears the pants in that family.

The so called Republicans hold 52 seats in the Senate. Majority Leader McConnell is a hard core Never-Trumper RINO. McCain, Flake, Collins, Murkouski, Graham are not only Never-Trumper RINOs they are true Democrats in disguise, check their voting record.

That gives the Democrats 53-54 seat in the Senate, more if you count Rubio and a few other Butt Hurt losers.

So, with the Democrats in charge of both houses of Congress, President Trump has two choice, abandon his agenda to MAGA completely or work with the Governing Party to get some [bleep] done.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
More than the wall or illegal immigration is at stake.

If Trump alienates his base to the extent that the Democrats take the White House in 2020, They will immediately turn Texas blue with citizenship and voting rights for illegals and this country will go full blown Commie forever.

*This* administration has to fix illegal immigration, end Muslim immigration, and build the wall or it will be planting the seeds for the ruination of the country,...and they will be damn fast growing seeds.

Precisely right.
Originally Posted by hatari
Don't blow a gasket just yet. This is what I'm reading from all of this.

1.) "excluding the Wall". Doesn't mean the Wall is dead, just means they aren't dealing with it in this package.

2.) Trump tried to work with the GOP for 8 months, and could not get them to unite behind him. This leaves him 2 choices: either cut deals with the Dems to get a few votes or pull an Obama and try to continue to govern by use of Executive Orders only. Reagan had to cut deals to get things done, and looks like Trump has come to the conclusion that it is impossible to get the entire GOP to unite. That means to get some of what he wants, he's going to have to give them some of what they want.

3.) You aren't going to deport these "Dreamers" anyway. No way to round them all up and too expensive to round them up and send them back. Just make existing laws work, get rid of sanctuary cities, and deport the criminals and break up the gangs. Would it be a good political trade to exchange this Dreamer thing that will never be acted upon to regain some sanity in enforcing our current laws? To get the Dems to back some sort of tax reform, is it a good political move? Is it a good political move to end the Dems pattern of complete resistance and obstruction? Would that give Trump the opportunity to come back and tell America "I'm working with these people" and can he use that to his political advantage? How about he idea that he can turn to the base and say "I tried to work with these RHINOS for 8 months and they wouldn't back me. Get me some new faces to work with"

Let's be honest, there is a cost associated with any political move. Trump is coming out of Harvey and Irma looking good. Bush got castrated over the Katrina response and that hurt him more than the anti war stuff. Trump actually looks better after jumping on aid for storm victims. Now he's coming out and threw DACA back at Congress and tells them to fix their mess. It's a huge bargaining chip. Trump tells Pelosi and Schumer that if they want to avoid the GOP killing DACA altogether, then they need to play ball with Trump. Take a good look, they are willing to play ball with Trump to some degree. The Art of the Deal, MAGA all unfolding for those who want to see it.

No, this is not the sweeping overhaul of Clinton - Obama socialist policies, but those two had 16 YEARS to have their people work the Leftist agenda. Trump has had 8 MONTHS. This is the first crack in the wall that the Democrats put in front of Trump and his agenda. Trump is moving the needle to the Right, maybe not as far and fast as you'd like but you are getting some of what you want. HRC would be going full speed to the Left and you would be choking on Feminism, Socialism, complete Open Borders, and a world in which Iran, Russia, and the NORKS would had no hesitation in doing whatever they want. The NORKS are belligerent right now because Trump makes them nervous. They are testing him.

What you are seeing is political maneuvering. If you want to call it a "sell out" go ahead, but you are living in a fantasy world if you don't see that the GOP will not rubber stamp Trump's agenda and ram it down the Dems throat. It is not happening. If you want to say the GOP in Congress has failed you, then you have a valid point.

Suddenly, Ryan and McConnell don't hold all the power in Congress. What if Trump has to throw Schumer a bone to get 6-7 Dems to go with him. What if he has to deal with Pelosi to get 20 Dems in the House to paly ball? That is egg on the face of Ryan or McConnell and pours water on the MSM hate Trump frenzy.

Shrewd politics? Practical politics? Realistic politics? The Art of the Deal.

Fox News

Democratic congressional leaders emerged from a meeting with President Donald Trump Wednesday vowing to pursue an agreement protecting immigrants who were brought illegally into the US as children from deportation.

In a joint statement, 2 Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said they and Trump had "agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, 1 excluding the wall, that's acceptable to both sides."

3 The White House issued a statement describing the meeting as "constructive" and "a positive step toward the President's strong commitment to bipartisan solutions for the issues most important to all Americans." The statement added that the three had discussed "policy and legislative priorities," including "tax reform, border security, DACA, infrastructure and trade."

That was great, can I borrow that?
[/quote]

Certainly
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
"they and Trump had "agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that's acceptable to both sides."

When did the Democrats ever hint they wanted a wall ?, Mr.T agreed to their wishes,,,and he gets what he wants, the Republicans aren't giving him any help.

With the 10's of billions needed for Texas and Florida relief, no wall is getting funded thru congress anyway...give it up, no wall.

You must have missed the memo where he said "MEXICO" will pay for the wall....
Tax reform and Trumps reaction to Harvey and Irma is going to mean absolutely nothing to Trump's base if he doesn't put some very hard brakes on illegal immigration.

Nobody who voted for Trump voted for compromise on that issue,...and that *was* the issue that got Trump elected.
Tax reform and Trumps reaction to Harvey and Irma is going to mean absolutely nothing to Trump's base if he doesn't put some very hard brakes on illegal immigration.

Nobody who voted for Trump voted for compromise on that issue,...and that *was* the issue that got Trump elected.

My reason was the

United States Supreme Court!

...an still is.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Trump is betraying his base. I certainly want to deport every single illegal immigrant in this country.

Not a fugking chance.
Posted By: milespatton Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Well, there are no conservatives in the Democrat party anymore, but there are liberals in the Republican party. Vote them out in the primaries. miles
Posted By: kroo88 Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Originally Posted by KFWA
seems the obvious play is to trade DACA for the wall and do an end around Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell at the same time.

No. As he was leaving for Florida he confirmed that Ryan and McConnell are on board with amnesty. But we already knew that.

This is why Bannon left. He knew what was headed our way.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Most here say the Dream Act was "unpopular with most Americans", actually, nationwide it prob'ly runs 50/50, about like the election. Start parading out those who have been here since they were three and the issue could go on forever.

President Trump just defanged the MSM and the Libs on this issue while embarrassing the do- nothing Republicans in Congress. At the same time he has put the Dream Act back before Congress where it belongs, with a deadline.

Already President Trump has had an impact on illegal immigration just by being elected, if he can translate this latest give and take into taking effective action on controlling our Border that would be brilliant. Better yet if his actions light a fire under the GOP.

Time will tell.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

Polls indicate that only 15% of voters support sending dreamers home. 58% support citizenship, 18% support legal status.

Politically speaking that is a consensus. DACA will be the law of the land.
Originally Posted by kroo88

No. As he was leaving for Florida he confirmed that Ryan and McConnell are on board with amnesty. But we already knew that.

Amnesty for whom?

So, you still all in for this guy?

Amnesty for whom?

The Dreamers, and not long afterwards it will be their parents, cousins, in-laws, etc.

My reason was the

...an still is.

Seems that a whole bunch of people are forgetting that we were facing this country's biggest possible nightmare only 12 months ago - the real possibility that HRC would be POTUS. As Darth Vader told Luke Skywalker "Search your feelings, you know it to be true".

Talk about the Dark Side taking over! The love fest the MSM had planned for us would have been nauseating to the point of being debilitating. Any conservative that was not imprisoned by now would be on a suicide watch. OTOH, Europe and Hollywood would cheers us. wink

Time will tell.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

Polls indicate that only 15% of voters support sending dreamers home. 58% support citizenship, 18% support legal status.

100% of idiots(liberals) cite poles and then claim consensus
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

THIS!

Amnesty for whom?

The Dreamers, and not long afterwards it will be their parents, cousins, in-laws, etc.

And you know this how?

You are one paranoid delusional sumbitch.
Posted By: 338Rem Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

He's done in 4 years.

This.

So, you still all in for this guy?

I'm all in for Nationalism,...as is the vast majority of people who voted for Trump.

If there's anything true in life, it's that a lot of people are wrong, often. That's why we don't have a pure Democracy in this country.
Seems that a whole bunch of people are forgetting that we were facing this country's biggest possible nightmare only 12 months ago - the real possibility that HRC would be POTUS. As Darth Vader told Luke Skywalker "Search your feelings, you know it to be true".

Talk about the Dark Side taking over! The love fest the MSM had planned for us would have been nauseating to the point of being debilitating. Any conservative that was not imprisoned by now would be on a suicide watch. OTOH, Europe and Hollywood would cheers us. wink
True, but ultimately if we don't put a stop to the ethic cleansing process against whites in the West, what's the point? We've already reached the tipping point.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

Time will tell.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

The same pollsters that had Hitler by a landslide? I disagree with your assessment.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

My reason was the

...an still is.

+1
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

If there's anything true in life, it's that a lot of people are wrong, often. That's why we don't have a pure Democracy in this country.

??? Democracy would dictate those poll numbers kept dreamers here, how is that not democratic in nature ?...other than they didn't poll me, or allow me to vote.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
The DREAM Act, last time it was tried to be passed under Obama, united the Republicans and gave a lot of strength to conservative groups like the Tea Party. As a united front, they melted down the phone lines in Washington and got it stopped.

The DREAM Act, this time being pushed by a Republican president, will tear the Republican Party apart. There is probably no better way to get some portion of the Republican base so mad at their legislators that they won't bother to go vote in 2018.

In my opinion, it'll be a frigging disaster.

Even Sean Hannity is saying that if Trump pushes the DREAM Act and it passes, that he's committed political suicide and we'll have a different president in 2020. And Hannity is as pro-Trump as they come.

100% of idiots(liberals) cite poles and then claim consensus

“Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them.”

??? Democracy would dictate those poll numbers kept dreamers here, how is that not democratic in nature ?...other than they didn't poll me, or allow me to vote.

My point is that if we let policy be determined purely by the will of the majority, we will be doomed as a nation. Therefore, I don't give a schit about a poll indicating that most people are okay with amnesty or amnesty lite, because they're wrong. At some point in the political process, someone has to be the adult in the room and say no, instead of doing what's easy and caving.

My point is that if we let policy be determined purely by the will of the majority, we will be doomed as a nation. Therefore, I don't give a schit about a poll indicating that most people are okay with amnesty or amnesty lite, because they're wrong. At some point in the political process, someone has to be the adult in the room and say no, instead of doing what's easy and caving.

Trump is "doing what's easy and caving" as you say. It started with the debt ceiling issue last week and now this. He's taking the course of least resistance.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Two words for all the people who jumped off the Trump bandwagon:

JUSTICE GORSUCH

JUSTICE GORSUCH

Thank the heritage foundation for vetting Gorsuch, the republican senate for confirming him, and Trump for the nomination as a "republican" president.

Firstly, WHOs polls??? Didn't you learn anything last November?
Secondly, I doubt Trump will sign ANY legislation that gives a path to citizenship for illegals other than those that are currently registered in DACA...those who ARE registered are probably safe, because they were promised that the information they provided upon registering wouldn't be used against them....I wouldn't bet that their parents will be safe from deportation though....there may be a "process" they have to go through, but I don't see Trump wavering on the immigration and border issues. He's made it quite clear (to me anyway) that he wants congress to work out the details and if he doesn't like the details, he won't sign the legislation...I just seen Trump on TV talking about the reports he's made a deal about scrapping the wall....he called BS...said it WILL be built...and the immigration issues WILL be dealt with...
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

JUSTICE GORSUCH

I'm not jumping off. Nothing is in writing yet. Just hope he figures out a way to keep his promises to those that got him elected.
The D.C. machine is herding Trump into compromises and positions that will destroy his chance of re-election in 2020.

He's going along with it much more easily than he should.

Something significant is going on behind the scene.
Posted By: deflave Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Originally Posted by 338Rem

He's done in 4 years.

This.

Name one Trump supporter that has said that.

Dave
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

JUSTICE GORSUCH

I'm not jumping off. Nothing is in writing yet. Just hope he figures out a way to keep his promises to those that got him elected.

Actually, he did promise amnesty during the campaign. Just like he was saying that people on the terror and no-fly watchlists should be banned from owning or buying firearms.

Some people just weren't paying attention.

Flashback from Andrew McCarthy

Trump is "doing what's easy and caving" as you say. It started with the debt ceiling issue last week and now this. He's taking the course of least resistance.

Try listening to what the president says instead of what the talking heads on TV say.....you'll be better informed and look a little less ignorant....
Raising the debt limit HAD to be done...not raising it was not an option...all a government shutdown accomplishes is a paid vacation for "non essential" personnel followed by massive overtime paid, to catch up on the workload that has backed up....remember, he's still operating on the previous administrations budget and tax codes/ regulations that are throttling the economy.... it may take his entire first four years to get schitt HALFWAY straightened out....
The D.C. machine is herding Trump into compromises and positions that will destroy his chance of re-election in 2020.

He's going along with it much more easily than he should.

Something significant is going on behind the scene.

What is he "going along with" that has you troubled?
Every presidency requires 8 years to cause real change.

And nobody is going to abandon Trump. The only thing that could cause that are total reversal on things like the 2nd.

Dave
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Time will tell.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

The same pollsters that had Hitler by a landslide? I disagree with your assessment.
Yep, up till election day, we were told by the pollsters that Hillary had a 98.1% probability of winning.
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Try listening to what the president says instead of what the talking heads on TV say.....you'll be better informed and look a little less ignorant....
Raising the debt limit HAD to be done...not raising it was not an option...all a government shutdown accomplishes is a paid vacation for "non essential" personnel followed by massive overtime paid, to catch up on the workload that has backed up....remember, he's still operating on the previous administrations budget and tax codes/ regulations that are throttling the economy.... it may take his entire first four years to get schitt HALFWAY straightened out....

Actually maybe you should read Trumps own words in the form of tweets this morning. He questions why anyone would want to deport the wonderful, accomplished "dreamers".
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
The DREAM Act, last time it was tried to be passed under Obama, united the Republicans and gave a lot of strength to conservative groups like the Tea Party. As a united front, they melted down the phone lines in Washington and got it stopped.

The DREAM Act, this time being pushed by a Republican president, will tear the Republican Party apart. There is probably no better way to get some portion of the Republican base so mad at their legislators that they won't bother to go vote in 2018.

In my opinion, it'll be a frigging disaster.

Even Sean Hannity is saying that if Trump pushes the DREAM Act and it passes, that he's committed political suicide and we'll have a different president in 2020. And Hannity is as pro-Trump as they come.

Spot on.
Originally Posted by deflave

And nobody is going to abandon Trump. The only thing that could cause that are total reversal on things like the 2nd.

Dave

I must have misunderstood those Trump supporters calling into Laura Ingraham this morning.
I'll abandon Trump if he signs any amnesty bill. I will be looking for another standard bearer in the primary to challenge him if he's #amnestyDon. He's light years ahead of Hillary and I don't regret my vote for him for that reason but the failure to pursue corruption , repeal Obamacare, and now amnesty is a very bitter pill. The day Sessions recused himself he should have withdrawn his nomination. The forcing out of all the MAGA supporters from the administration is another betrayal. Gorsuch is the big bright spot for me.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

Certainly[/quote]

That was a great post and it captures my thoughts quite well.

Trump is a results oriented kind of person. He is going to do what it takes to get results. I think what is going on here is a brilliant political move. We want the DACA recipients here. They are here through no fault of their own and they are contributing, They will be better citizens than many of our own and are very unlikely to be a net burden. Most Americans I know don't really have a problem with legislatively making their presence here legally. So Trump is nullifying the previous king's orders. Restoring our system of government to it's proper place and winning over some Hispanic friends.

He is going to one-up Obama on several fronts. In the process he is putting effete republican congressional "leaders" in their proper place. He is showing Democrats that he can be worked with and ultimately, no matter what party you support, we want the various factions to be able to work together to get the job done. I don't know anyone who is excited about gridlock, and indeed based on abysmal congressional approval ratings, we want them to start behaving differently. Trump is going to get a legislative win that most Americans will approve of. A win that previous presidents and congresses couldn't get done. A win that will score him much needed points with both parties in congress. It will lay the groundwork for the part of the wall that will do some functional good. It could possibly lay the groundwork for comprehensive immigration reform. It really is an easy win for him. But it also sets the stage for cooperation for tax reform, which is perhaps the most important of his agenda items. Democrats will know that he can be worked with and Republican congressional "leaders" will be loathe to do anything that will result in another high grade public bitch-slapping.

I may be wrong, but I believe there is much more strategy than meets the eye here and I think it's going to be good for this country. I hope I am not wrong.

Actually maybe you should read Trumps own words in the form of tweets this morning. He questions why anyone would want to deport the wonderful, accomplished "dreamers".

Who does want to deport them? These dreamers are contributors. They can't be felons, they can't have more than 3 misdemeanors and they have to have accomplished or be working on educational attainment. They are here to no fault of their own. There really is no downside to making their presence here legal. I am all for better border security, a wall in places and only allowing the best to immigrate. This is a country steeped in humanitarian traditions. Legislatively making their presence here legal (without giving them a better path to citizenship than folks who properly immigrated) is a win across the board. Obama and a Democratic congress couldn't do it. Nor could Obama with successive congresses. If a Democrat can't deliver and a Republican president and a Republican congress can, maybe this will swing some of the Hispanic vote. Conservative need some of the Hispanic vote.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

We want the DACA recipients here.

Who does?

Dave

I must have misunderstood those Trump supporters calling into Laura Ingraham this morning.

As if those panty sniffers are going to influence anything. That's like believing the kooks that post on this site.

Dave

There really is no downside to making their presence here legal.

They'll vote Democrat.

That's a downside.

Who does want to deport them? These dreamers are contributors. They can't be felons, they can't have more than 3 misdemeanors and they have to have accomplished or be working on educational attainment. They are here to no fault of their own. There really is no downside to making their presence here legal. I am all for better border security, a wall in places and only allowing the best to immigrate. This is a country steeped in humanitarian traditions. Legislatively making their presence here legal (without giving them a better path to citizenship than folks who properly immigrated) is a win across the board. Obama and a Democratic congress couldn't do it. Nor could Obama with successive congresses. If a Democrat can't deliver and a Republican president and a Republican congress can, maybe this will swing some of the Hispanic vote. Conservative need some of the Hispanic vote.

Except it's not just the Dreamers , it's their whole family, including the parents who brought them here and their brothers/sisters/grandparents/etc. once they get citizenship they can bring hordes more into the country. 800,000!dreamers is really 5 or 6 million immigrants and many far from desirable assets to our country. It is also rewarding law breaking and completion for jobs.
Posted By: J23 Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

I concur. I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with the GOP, but whatever it is, it's not working for me anymore. I haven't missed an opportunity to vote since I turned 18, but I think from here on out, I'm not wasting my time. The Republicans haven't done anything to earn my vote in quite some time, and I refuse to vote for a Democrat on principle. So until someone show me something, I'll just stay home, so to speak.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Problem with the DACAssholes, is on toppa all the freeloadin shat they're gonna pull, their kids are gonna be "legal" and pull the same shat.

800k, and they're all employed? BS

The number ain't 800k anyway, when you count alla the kids they'll drop, on our dime acourse.
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

Except it's not just the Dreamers , it's their whole family, including the parents who brought them here and their brothers/sisters/grandparents/etc. once they get citizenship they can bring hordes more into the country. 800,000!dreamers is really 5 or 6 million immigrants and many far from desirable assets to our country. It is also rewarding law breaking and completion for jobs.

Stated exactly this in a earlier post.

So, you too, must be "a paranoid sumbiotch"
Originally Posted by J23
I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with the GOP

More than half their campaign finance funding comes from an ethnic group that makes up 2% of the US population, who's members are big on open borders and "diversity." He who pays the piper calls the tune, not the voters.

They'll vote Democrat.

That's a downside.

Yep, almost every last one of them. Why does anyone here think the Dems want to keep them? Because they care??? LOL.

Who does?

Most people I know.

Who does?

Most people I know.

Then you're all dreamers.
Originally Posted by J23

I concur. I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with the GOP, but whatever it is, it's not working for me anymore. I haven't missed an opportunity to vote since I turned 18, but I think from here on out, I'm not wasting my time. The Republicans haven't done anything to earn my vote in quite some time, and I refuse to vote for a Democrat on principle. So until someone show me something, I'll just stay home, so to speak.

Here's the question that you need to ask. Are my GOP Congressmen doing their jobs? If so, that's all you can ask for. That's all you have influence over. My Rep and Senators are basically on board wit the Trump agenda. Why should I be pissed at them and never vote for them just because Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham or John McCain is cause problems? If your GOP people aren't on board, then work to get them out in the Primaries.

This is how you affect change. You don't get [bleep] done by throwing up your hands and accepting defeat. The Dems don't play that way and neither should we. Enjoy the fact that HRC is NOT your President. Enjoy that for the rest of your life. Enjoy that every time Judge Gorsich is the deciding vote in the Supreme Court. If you think about what HRC could have done to us with control of the House and Senate you'll see things aren't so bad.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

THIS!

Here's my take on this. Trump is offering to compromise DACA in exchange for funding for the border wall. The primary season starts soon for all of the house and 1/3 of the senate. Keep that in mind and follow along. Trump promised to drain the swamp. Trump just offered to make a deal where DACA becomes law (we'll call it amnesty, because it is) and simultaneously we get funding for the wall. Among the population, 4/5 oppose illegal immigration, which would include DACA recipients. That means congress is going to have to show their cards and vote on something that is unpopular with the majority of the country (amnesty). Then the entire house and 1/3 of the senate have to answer to the voters just a few months later. A lot of seats could change hands, we'll get the border wall and likely some really strict immigration reform in exchange for legalizing DACA. Then we don't have to deal with DACA. And the good thing is the dems are the minority and bonus: congress is in gridlock so if nothing gets done, which is likely, then DACA ends. And congress still looks like do-nothing nitwits who can't accomplish getting out of bed in the morning right before the midterm primaries.

Like others have said, as much as we don't like it, the DACA recipients are here to stay unless Trump has another rabbit to pull out of his hat.
4D chess.
Most don't want to deport kids who grew up here, but really... the Democrats have left us no choice.

Obama set the new standard.
1) Pull the Border Patrol away from the border.
2) Catch and release illegals so they are free to try to cross the border again in an hour.
3) Invite underage children here with the promise of citizenship.
4) Create UnConstitutional orders making them legal immigrants.

Give the Dreamers amnesty now, and this becomes the minimum in the future for Democrat presidents. It will NEVER end. Even if Trump were to build his wall (which will never pass the Senate), what good is it when the Border Patrol is basically told to stand down?

There is no choice. Deny DACA, start deporting them, lay the entire blame on the Democrat Party for violating the law of the land, violating the Consttitution, and backing us into a corner. Well, some of the blame. Most of the blame lies on the parents for violating US law and screwing over their children. That's not OUR problem, that's the parents' problem.

But to do anything but deport them means it will never end. It's as simple as that. Never.

PS: I used to be willing to accept work permits for Dreamers and even most illegals before Obama opened the border and then created DACA. Never again.

They'll vote Democrat.

That's a downside.

Yep, almost every last one of them. Why does anyone here think the Dems want to keep them? Because they care??? LOL.

These immigrant's values, culture, work ethic, religious beliefs and ideals are much more closely aligned with Republican philosophy than Democratic. I work with a lot of Vietnamese Americans. They are almost all vote Republican. I don't think it will take much at all to turn the tide in the way the dreamers vote. After all, what party will be responsible for helping them achieve their dreams? The Democrats couldn't do it. If the Republicans can...

Who does?

Most people I know.

LOL

Who does?

Most people I know.

Let me ask you a question. Why do you want them to leave?
Trump shouldn't even seek legislation or funding for the wall. Just order the Army Corps of Engineers to build it, and fund it as they do the periodic missile attacks on terrorists. It is, after all, a matter of national security to secure a nation's borders. A Commander in Chief can order the wall the way he can order the Seventh Fleet to scramble to the Middle East to defend some priority over there.

Who does?

Most people I know.

Are they here legally? If not, what penalties apply?

Who does?

Most people I know.

They're invaders.
Posted By: efw Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Trump likes having his ego stroked and Dems are doing that for him so he voted with them ignoring that his is now the very policy for which he lambasted Jeb.

I thought having a non-politician in this office would be a huge positive but Trump is even less consistent on his promises than politicians.

Still better than Hillary over all but on this particular issue what's the difference?

And we can't totally blame congressional Reps; Trump is not leading in any meaningful or substantive way.

Besides, don't we hate Congressional Republicans for working with Dems which is what Trump is doing while many here defend him? Seems like a double standard particularly given the fact that Trump is doing a full 180 degree shift on a core issue (illegals) of his campaign.
US Army Corps of Engineers Mission Statement:

"The Army Corps of Engineers provides public engineering services in peace and war to strengthen national security, energize the economy, and reduce risks from disasters."

Justified under both national security and reducing the risk of demographic disaster, not to mention energizing our economy.

What don't you understand about "comprehensive" immigration reform??? We know the system is broken....Trump wants to fix it....and for you people that are whining about Trump making a deal with Pelosi/Schumer about DACA and the wall, are you really gonna believe something coming from them??? The same two who have called him a "white supremacist," "fascist", "Putins puppet" "mentally unfit"??? Really??? Why would Trump rescind DACA last week and all of a sudden do a 180 the next??? Think about it...he didn't "Make A DEAL".....as much as the MSM wants you to think he did, he DIDN'T...

Are they here legally? If not, what penalties apply?

If your car got stolen and parked illegally, should you have to pay the fine? I mean it was your car and it was illegally parked. Or would you want people to understand through no fault of your own your car was where it was illegally?
What don't you understand about "comprehensive" immigration reform??? We know the system is broken....Trump wants to fix it....and for you people that are whining about Trump making a deal with Pelosi/Schumer about DACA and the wall, are you really gonna believe something coming from them??? The same two who have called him a "white supremacist," "fascist", "Putins puppet" "mentally unfit"??? Really??? Why would Trump rescind DACA last week and all of a sudden do a 180 the next??? Think about it...he didn't "Make A DEAL".....as much as the MSM wants you to think he did, he DIDN'T...

Trump didn't rescind DACA last week. He extended it for 6 months, told Congress to fix it by passing amnesty or he would revisit extending it again.

Unless you're a believer in Trump's ability to play 3D chess.
Originally Posted by efw
Trump likes having his ego stroked and Dems are doing that for him so he voted with them ignoring that his is now the very policy for which he lambasted Jeb.

I thought having a non-politician in this office would be a huge positive but Trump is even less consistent on his promises than politicians.

Still better than Hillary over all but on this particular issue what's the difference?

And we can't totally blame congressional Reps; Trump is not leading in any meaningful or substantive way.

Besides, don't we hate Congressional Republicans for working with Dems which is what Trump is doing while many here defend him? Seems like a double standard particularly given the fact that Trump is doing a full 180 degree shift on a core issue (illegals) of his campaign.

You're buying what the MSM and even what the talking heads on Fox are trying to sell??? I don't....when I see legislation signed by Trump himself, I'll believe it...he isn't caving....

It is not necessarily their whole family. It depends upon the status they allowed to remain under.

Dave

Those "supporters" were the Cruz bots and people who simply voted against Clinton, waiting for the first opportunity to bash Trump based on what the MSM says.
"comprehensive" immigration reform

"Comprehensive immigration reform" has been the code phrase for amnesty for a long time.

Posted By: sse Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
it is not worth getting worried about a report from hyper-politically motivated news outlets
Here's the question that you need to ask. Are my GOP Congressmen doing their jobs? If so, that's all you can ask for. That's all you have influence over. My Rep and Senators are basically on board wit the Trump agenda. Why should I be pissed at them and never vote for them just because Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham or John McCain is cause problems? If your GOP people aren't on board, then work to get them out in the Primaries.

This is how you affect change. You don't get [bleep] done by throwing up your hands and accepting defeat. The Dems don't play that way and neither should we. Enjoy the fact that HRC is NOT your President. Enjoy that for the rest of your life. Enjoy that every time Judge Gorsich is the deciding vote in the Supreme Court. If you think about what HRC could have done to us with control of the House and Senate you'll see things aren't so bad.

Well someone on here understands how this all works and isn't a defeatist. well said, hat.

Dave

Those "supporters" were the Cruz bots and people who simply voted against Clinton, waiting for the first opportunity to bash Trump based on what the MSM says.

Ya, you were listening.

Must hurt pretty bad when you've swallowed the hook so deep.

They'll vote Democrat.
That's a downside.

These immigrant's values, culture, work ethic, religious beliefs and ideals are much more closely aligned with Republican philosophy than Democratic. I work with a lot of Vietnamese Americans. They are almost all vote Republican. I don't think it will take much at all to turn the tide in the way the dreamers vote. After all, what party will be responsible for helping them achieve their dreams? The Democrats couldn't do it. If the Republicans can...

If Democrats want them to stay, they vote Democrat. It's pretty much that simple.
Originally Posted by efw

And here we have another #NeverTrumper throwing his blankey into the game with the MSM. #NeverTrumpers don't understand how our government works. You're disappointed Trump isn't the dictator the MSM promised he would be. I get it.
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Trump didn't rescind DACA last week. He extended it for 6 months, told Congress to fix it by passing amnesty or he would revisit extending it again.

He did not instruct congress to pass DACA. I've covered this with you but you're too damn dumb. Go ahead, post the tweet you think backs up your argument.

Dave

Ya, you were listening.

Must hurt pretty bad when you've swallowed the hook so deep.

Has Trump legalized DACA or granted any amnesty?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Originally Posted by EdM

Indeed.

Not if he really does do an end around on the RINO's. Wouldn't that be interesting.

No,...but his tweets today make it seem that he's strongly leaning in that direction and trying to smooth it over with promises of increased border security,.....which is same old song and dance done whenever amnesty is being pushed.

You're right...he did extend it... watch and see if he does it again....do you have a link where he asked congress to pass amnesty??? He's been against amnesty from the start and I seriously doubt he would sign a bill that would grant it, other than to DACA applicants...(not their parents)
Posted By: KFWA Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Trump does alot of his public announcements by sticking a finger in the air and seeing which way the wind is blowing.

I have a feeling what he is saying today on twitter isn't what was said at the dinner table last night to Pelosi and Schumer.

But at least he's listening to the public.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Originally Posted by efw

If you had a hen and that hen wouldn't lay any eggs. But, the hens on either side are laying eggs, what would you do with that 1 hen?

Me? That 1 hen is going in the pot.

No,...but his tweets today make it seem that he's strongly leaning in that direction and trying to smooth it over with promises of increased border security,.....which is same old song and dance done whenever amnesty is being pushed.

Yeah and right before he fires people he tells the media how great those people are. I care about action, not words. Let's see what he signs into law and quit gossiping like women about what might or might not happen and he said-she said. This could be some form of trap for the dems. We don't know until we know. Put on your big girl panties, ladies. Let the man work and judge his work, not his words.

You're right...he did extend it... watch and see if he does it again....do you have a link where he asked congress to pass amnesty??? He's been against amnesty from the start and I seriously doubt he would sign a bill that would grant it, other than to DACA applicants...(not their parents)

Just today he again makes it very clear what he wants to happen to Dreamers:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago

And here from 15 months ago during the campaign. The story includes a DIRECT QUOTE from his campaign:
https://pjmedia.com/andrewmccarthy/...run-as-what-he-is-the-amnesty-candidate/
My plan is to give legal status to most of the many millions of illegal aliens in the United States by allowing them to return legally after we go to the trouble of deporting them. They would be permitted to live here as lawful immigrants, and would ultimately be given a path to American citizenship. While living here legally, they would be permitted to work legally. And they would have access to all the entitlements and other benefits available to legal aliens under federal and state law: Social Security, Medicare, Obamacare, Earned Income Tax Credits, unemployment benefits, public school education, housing assistance, food stamps etc.
You all should read Ann Coulter's recent Tweets about this. She seems totally off Trump now. E.g., "Put a fork in Trump, he's dead." She also compared voting for Trump as a Hail Mary Pass that didn't work.
Trump today on twitter:

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!

They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security.

Just today he again makes it very clear what he wants to happen to Dreamers:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago

And here from 15 months ago during the campaign. The story includes a DIRECT QUOTE from his campaign:
https://pjmedia.com/andrewmccarthy/...run-as-what-he-is-the-amnesty-candidate/
My plan is to give legal status to most of the many millions of illegal aliens in the United States by allowing them to return legally after we go to the trouble of deporting them. They would be permitted to live here as lawful immigrants, and would ultimately be given a path to American citizenship. While living here legally, they would be permitted to work legally. And they would have access to all the entitlements and other benefits available to legal aliens under federal and state law: Social Security, Medicare, Obamacare, Earned Income Tax Credits, unemployment benefits, public school education, housing assistance, food stamps etc.

Asking a question is different than making a statement. He did not say "I want to legalize the creamers." He has indicated he might make a deal to do so if he gets funds for the wall and likely other immigration law changes. Trump just isn't the dictator you and the media want him to be. He has to work within the confines of the government infrastructure. Pop in a fresh period plug and put on your big girl panties and swallow some Midol.

And the PJ article is an opinion piece from a #NeverTrumper and was written a year and a half ago.

See more #NeverTrump here: https://pjmedia.com/columnist/andrew-c-mccarthy/
Trump today on twitter:

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really! This is a question, not a statement

They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security.
This is an indication that government may work the way it's supposed to-
in a bipartisan manner if no party has a supermajority. e.g. Build a wall and shut down illegal immigration in exchange for legalizing the dreamers

And tweets from Trump aren't law. Wait until he signs something to biotch about it.

EDIT: And in the meantime, get active in your local politics, B. Work locally to oust your Kentucky boy McTurtleface with a real conservative. Politics start at the local level.
Former Trump supporters are going nuts on Trump right now on Twitter over this whole wall/amnesty reversal.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...will-come-later-after-daca-amnesty-deal/

comments are interesting.
Trump shouldn't even seek legislation or funding for the wall. Just order the Army Corps of Engineers to build it, and fund it as they do the periodic missile attacks on terrorists. It is, after all, a matter of national security to secure a nation's borders. A Commander in Chief can order the wall the way he can order the Seventh Fleet to scramble to the Middle East to defend some priority over there.

Not really.

Dave
One Tweet: "New chant at Trump rallies: Build the new renovation of old fences ... Build the new renovation of old fences."
Asking a question is different than making a statement. He did not say "I want to legalize the creamers." He has indicated he might make a deal to do so if he gets funds for the wall and likely other immigration law changes. Trump just isn't the dictator you and the media want him to be. He has to work within the confines of the government infrastructure. Pop in a fresh period plug and put on your big girl panties and swallow some Midol.

And the PJ article is an opinion piece from a #NeverTrumper and was written a year and a half ago.

Your denial is expected.

He's also tweeting that the wall is being built. He's already redefining what his wall will be.
Donald J. Trump‏ Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago

The WALL, which is already under construction in the form of new renovation of old and existing fences and walls, will continue to be built.

His new line is that "Massive border security would have to be agreed to" in order for amnesty. What "massive border security" means is flexible, I'm sure. And it means nothing, because by granting amnesty it only incentivizes the next Democrat president to shut down the border protections because the republicans always roll over on amnesty.
Was their Twitter name Calhoun?

Dave

Your denial is expected.

He's also tweeting that the wall is being built. He's already redefining what his wall will be.
Donald J. Trump‏ Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago

His new line is that "Massive border security would have to be agreed to" in order for amnesty. What "massive border security" means is flexible, I'm sure. And it means nothing, because by granting amnesty it only incentivizes the next Democrat president to shut down the border protections because the republicans always roll over on amnesty.

Ya somebody post a link to Trump holding up the little boy who asks:

"What's the wall going to be made of?"

Trump-"Concrete and rebar...."
You all should read Ann Coulter's recent Tweets about this. She seems totally off Trump now. E.g., "Put a fork in Trump, he's dead." She also compared voting for Trump as a Hail Mary Pass that didn't work.

That stupid never trumper b!tch; she just doesn't understand 4D chess!

Trump today on twitter:

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!

Gotta love me some o dat winning!!!!!!

It's all congress' fault tho!!

"The Army Corps of Engineers provides public engineering services in peace and war to strengthen national security, energize the economy, and reduce risks from disasters."

Justified under both national security and reducing the risk of demographic disaster, not to mention energizing our economy.

I wouldn't count on the Corp of Engineers to help without significant budget increase from congress, they're just a little busy with Texax, Florida, Virgin Islands.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

TRH, don't you think Trump knows this and is just holding that back as an ace up his sleeve?
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Does anyone HERE actually believe that you're going to read/hear the REAL NEWS????????
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Does anyone HERE actually believe that you're going to read/hear the REAL NEWS????????

I just wait for Sarah Huckabee to fill me in on all the facts, along with any letters written by small children for shiits sake.

I wouldn't count on the Corp of Engineers to help without significant budget increase from congress, they're just a little busy with Texax, Florida, Virgin Islands.

Do they worry about first securing the funding when ordering the launch of a few hundred missiles in the Middle East? I think the president orders the military to take care of a national security objective, and worries about the funding later.
Laura Ingraham, who's been a huge fan of Trump and was even considered for positions in the Trump administration, is at a loss..
When does American working class w/out real wage increase in 15yrs & who send their kids to overcrowded public schools get amnesty?
— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) September 14, 2017

ONLY deal that MIGHT make sense for #DACA is RAISE Act + E-Verify + Wall. Dems' "Border security" pledge is MEANINGLESS. @realDonaldTrump

Hannity:
And if @POTUS doesn't keep that promise, and goes for amnesty, it will be the political equivalent or "read my lips, no new taxes" https://t.co/WxBSHYMxv6
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) September 14, 2017

Mark Krikorian, executive director for the Center for Immigration Studies.
“Instead of shifting the debate to what trade-offs there should be to contain the harmful fallout from such an amnesty, he's simply echoing Chuck and Nancy's — and probably Jared [Kushner’s] — talking points. My expectations for Trump were fairly low … but he hasn't met even that low bar.”

Sad to watch.

Do they worry about first securing the funding when ordering the launch of a few hundred missiles in the Middle East? I think the president orders the military to take care of a national security objective, and worries about the funding later.

I really think Mr.T has his plate full of real issues and immediate relief to Irma/Harvey victims... for the wall to even "rate" on his immediate agenda.
BREAKING: Trump signs legislation outlawing a border wall, mandating removal of existing structures, opening the borders, stopping vetting, and giving anyone who comes into the US citizenship. Next up: Legislation to give constitutional rights to everyone around the globe.
Laura Ingraham, who's been a huge fan of Trump and was even considered for positions in the Trump administration, is at a loss..
When does American working class w/out real wage increase in 15yrs & who send their kids to overcrowded public schools get amnesty?

ONLY deal that MIGHT make sense for #DACA is RAISE Act + E-Verify + Wall. Dems' "Border security" pledge is MEANINGLESS. @realDonaldTrump

Hannity:
And if @POTUS doesn't keep that promise, and goes for amnesty, it will be the political equivalent or "read my lips, no new taxes" https://t.co/WxBSHYMxv6
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) September 14, 2017

Mark Krikorian, executive director for the Center for Immigration Studies.
“Instead of shifting the debate to what trade-offs there should be to contain the harmful fallout from such an amnesty, he's simply echoing Chuck and Nancy's — and probably Jared [Kushner’s] — talking points. My expectations for Trump were fairly low … but he hasn't met even that low bar.”

Sad to watch.

All talk, no action. The ladies in your knitting club sure are worry-warts.
The optics are getting worse.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017...-will-be-an-electoral-nightmare-for-gop/

Well, yes, Trump definitely didn't take action on almost all of his "Day One" promises, like rescinding DACA immediately.

I hope you're coping well. Denial isn't healthy long term.
maga

mesicans always get amnesty
Trump today on twitter:

Seems pretty clear to me.

Well, yes, Trump definitely didn't take action on almost all of his "Day One" promises, like rescinding DACA immediately.

I hope you're coping well. Denial isn't healthy long term.

Thank god we have white house watchers like you to keep us informed of every thought that goes through Trump's mind. Obviously you're "in the know."

All I'm denying is your teenage girl-ish crowing about words.

Be sure and keep up updated about what's going on in Trump's mind, OK?

I'm still sorry your vag hasn't stopped bleeding since Cruz lost and you voted for Hillary.
Thank god we have white house watchers like you to keep us informed of every thought that goes through Trump's mind. Obviously you're "in the know."

All I'm denying is your teenage girl-ish crowing about words.

Be sure and keep up updated about what's going on in Trump's mind, OK?

I'm still sorry your vag hasn't stopped bleeding since Cruz lost and you voted for Hillary.

Some day you're going to have to come clean about who you really are. It's quite an amazing parody of an actual Trump supporter, but ridiculously over the top.

So who here listens to Rush? What's his take, and what are his callers saying?
Some day you're going to have to come clean about who you really are. It's quite an amazing parody of an actual Trump supporter, but ridiculously over the top.

You're one hilarious hurt, whiny cunny of a woman. I'm glad you know what's in my mind, as well as Trump's.

I'm just a guy, who doesn't listen to the MSM, and doesn't need Rush or his supporters/audience to tell me what to think. I don't make decisions based on my emotions, which you do.

IF Trump legalizes DACA, I'll say it's BS. He hasn't yet. You seem to know the future. Please provide the winning Powerball numbers for Saturday. Thanks.
For you Wall huggers.....he's talking about the Wall right NOW on FOX and telling you doubters exactly what it's going to look like. He has 4 designs in mind.

"NO Amnesty!!"
Posted By: PrimeBeef Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
1. Anyone who's primary reason for voting for Trump was the hope that he was going to build a 2000 mile concrete edifice along the Rio Grande is a bloody idiot. There was never going be a damned "WALL".

2. The Corps of Engineers is preparing to advertise for hundreds of millions of dollars of border security projects. That level of specific contract activity hasn't been seen since Bush's first term. This should be encouraging to everyone.

You're one hilarious hurt, whiny cunny of a woman. I'm glad you know what's in my mind, as well as Trump's.

I'm just a guy, who doesn't listen to the MSM, and doesn't need Rush or his supporters/audience to tell me what to think. I don't make decisions based on my emotions, which you do.

IF Trump legalizes DACA, I'll say it's BS. He hasn't yet. You seem to know the future. Please provide the winning Powerball numbers for Saturday. Thanks.

BS, huh? When does he deserve the label of liar?

Or....will it be some other entity responsible for his actions?
He has 4 designs in mind.

Who will pay for it?
They did not ask him that.

He sure is talking a lot today. Kelly may very well have taken his twitter device and also be on vacation.
Problem is, the wall needs to be tied BY LAW to something the Democrats want. Otherwise, it'll NEVER happen.

Maybe the dreamers will build it, as a contribution to their new country that has been so good to them.
Posted By: Harry M Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
http://www.unionleader.com/politics...rats-close-with-border-security-20170914

He's already extended DACA and assured the left that nobody is going to send "those beautiful kids" to Mexico. What meaning do you take from that?

He's already extended DACA and assured the left that nobody is going to send "those beautiful kids" to Mexico. What meaning do you take from that?

By saying that you're showing you're just a stupid Never Trumper.

4D chess; watch and learn.

What you perceive as being betrayal is actually winning.

Yugely.
Beef up border security, enforce existing laws...renovate existing wall, forget the new fuggin wall.

Let's do something, let's accomplish something, let's change something, let's move forward, let's make jobs, let's lower taxes, let's help the common man that needs it, let's kill Lil' Kim.

Done
Originally Posted by byc
For you Wall huggers.....he's talking about the Wall right NOW on FOX and telling you doubters exactly what it's going to look like. He has 4 designs in mind.

"NO Amnesty!!"

MIND = BLOWN
Beef up border security, enforce existing laws...renovate existing wall, forget the new fuggin wall.

Let's do something, let's accomplish something, let's change something, let's move forward, let's make jobs, let's lower taxes, let's help the common man that needs it, let's kill Lil' Kim.

Done

Another Never Trumper trying to fool us into thinking he has common sense when we know he voted for Cruz.

Come out of the closet man we know.

Sorry there's no sarcasm font; this is about all I want.

Don't give a crap about the wall but don't understand how he does a total 180 on DACA and gets nothing at all in return.

Worst deal ever USED TO BE the Iranian deal now it's the Trump chump.

So where's the signed legislation keeping the dreamers here? Please post a link.

They're invaders.

No, not really. Their parents were. Them, not so much.
Trump today on twitter:

Outstanding Mr. President!
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Maybe the dreamers will build it, as a contribution to their new country that has been so good to them.

I like that idea.
I'm confused, maybe I did acid last night...or else Mr.T did smile
I like that idea.

So do I; and heres why

http://www.heritage.org/immigration...l-immigrants-and-amnesty-the-us-taxpayer
Originally Posted by byc

"NO Amnesty!!"

MIND = BLOWN

Hey not my words!!

"DACA now and the wall later" is not a good formula. It needs to be part of the same deal. Otherwise later = infinity.
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by byc

"NO Amnesty!!"

MIND = BLOWN

Hey not my words!!

Impossible David. TRUMP'S A FREAKING LIAR!!!!!!!!

They're invaders.

No, not really. Their parents were. Them, not so much.

Don't punish the kids, right? So bank robbers use stolen money to set up a college fund for their kids. That money should stay there, right?
Posted By: Gus Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
we don't "need" anymore laws of any kind to deal with the problem at hand. there's enough laws on the books already if the demo-publican consortium would act.

if one is an illegal alien, then they're illegal, and all their acts are illegal also.

but, no one and i mean no one wants to enforce the existing laws. they are back-peddling, back-filling, whatever.

we've got a problem, and it's the question of what to do with all the illegal invaders that have invaded this country, under the nose of existing authority.
yeah but he's got a damn good looking woman at his side!! wink
grin

I don't get all the butthurt here. I really don't. Trump should just resign already, so Hillary can take her rightful place on the throne. Right?
Originally Posted by Gus
we don't "need" anymore laws of any kind to deal with the problem at hand. there's enough laws on the books already if the demo-publican consortium would act.

if one is an illegal alien, then they're illegal, and all their acts are illegal also.

but, no one and i mean no one wants to enforce the existing laws. they are back-peddling, back-filling, whatever.

we've got a problem, and it's the question of what to do with all the illegal invaders that have invaded this country, under the nose of existing authority.

How do Americans deal with stray dogs on their property?
Posted By: BayouRover Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Some of you porch sitting patriots sound like you're wishing we had Hilliary in the White House.
Some of you porch sitting patriots sound like you're wishing we had Hilliary in the White House.

Hillary is pro amnesty also. BTW, did you know she was at trumps wedding?

[Linked Image]
Trump has come down with a bad case of the mealy mouth.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...mp-let-daca-recipients-stay-not-amnesty/

President Donald Trump argued that allowing DACA recipients to stay in the United States would not be amnesty.
“We’re looking at allowing people to stay here,” Trump said to reporters in Florida on Thursday.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
Posted By: BayouRover Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

Hillary is pro amnesty also. BTW, did you know she was at trumps wedding?

[Linked Image]

You sneaky dude, You've been reading her book, haven't you?

That picture was seen numerous times during the 2016 election cycle. Try to catch up.

If Hilliary was in the White House, Gorsuch would be fishing and we'd have an extremely strong left-leaning Supreme Court right now. How would that work with your suppository?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17
The wall first then let congress fix DACA and deport them all.
Posted By: funshooter Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

I guess I am part of the 15%ers

How is it that an ILLEGAL act of smuggling your young kids across the border so you can ILLEGALLY receive benefits from the Citizens of that country by Lying about every thing you can to receive those benefits because you have young kids.

Now the kids are all growed up and they never applied to be here Legally let a loan applied for Citizenship the entire time they was here.

And now We have to feel sorry for them because they got caught being here ILLEGALLY all these years sucking off of the Tax payers getting a free ride.

I say get out of OUR COUNTRY LEACHES.
Trump has come down with a bad case of the mealy mouth.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...mp-let-daca-recipients-stay-not-amnesty/

President Donald Trump argued that allowing DACA recipients to stay in the United States would not be amnesty.
“We’re looking at allowing people to stay here,” Trump said to reporters in Florida on Thursday.

Reporter:"Isn't that Amnesty sir?"
Trump: "The word is DACA!"
Reporter: "But sir, isn't that Amnesty?
Trump:"The word is DACA!!!"
Reporter: "But sir........
If Hilliary was in the White House, Gorsuch would be fishing and we'd have an extremely strong left-leaning Supreme Court right now.

I'm glad Gorsuch's name was floated out front by the heritage foundation, and am glad senate republicans confirmed him with the nuclear option. I also understand him letting Lois Lerner off the hook for fear of the IRS leaking his financials.

I just don't understand why trump wanted to keep the pre existing condition clause, which is essentially obamacare;

I do understand however; him not wanting to get rid of mesicans that here though. He has made himself quite clear, even before the election

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=2PtMg-n3eRo[/video]
What's that, Ryan? You say Trump played you and now you want more border security?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...p-schumer-deal-promises-border-security/

Man, WHO could have POSSIBLY seen this coming?

From the article: Ryan now has a much bigger immigration agenda than Trump, and he also needs a high GOP turnout in 2018 to keep the GOP’s majority in the House amid an expected rise in Democratic turnout.
They're waking up:

http://komonews.com/news/connect-to-congress/deal-with-democrats-is-a-warning-to-the-gop

As some Republicans express concerns that Trump's move to the political middle could leave them out in the cold, a number of his supporters are pointing to the recent immigration and debt ceiling deals with Democrats as a wake-up call for a Republican majority that has defeated itself on a number of key issues.
"This should be a good warning to Republicans that we're going to need to get some of these things across the finish line," Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Penn.) said of the recent deals.
Where would Trump be if he had run as what he Is: the Amnesty Candidate?

Ask Buffhoun. He's the one peddling that op-ed article from a year and a half ago.

Michael Savage just asked " Knowing what you know now, would you vote for Donald Trump?"
Posted By: centershot Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/14/17

Michael Savage just asked " Knowing what you know now, would you vote for Donald Trump?"

Do you remember who was running against him?

Hillary for sure. I'm glad I'm a cuckservative.

satan
Originally Posted by centershot

He was referring to the Primary
McConnell said this morning that the Senate will wait for Trump's proposal.
There will obviously be a DACA compromise. GOP lawmakers are today predicting Trump will trade DACA for immigration reform that includes border security, considerably stronger penalties, and enforcement of laws prohibiting the hiring of illegal aliens.

Dreamers who came across as teenagers and now have a criminal record should be excluded.

Whats to stop the next administration from opening the borders again?

Let's see, it was a booger eater who prays in the streets and can't win a swing state, a Mexican-loving pro-immigration Bush, and fake conservative pro-immigration little Marco. all three of which would have fallen on their sword (to the media) and lost to Hillary. Take your pick.
Didn't trump call everyone a liar? grin

Let's see, it was a booger eater who prays in the streets and can't win a swing state, a Mexican-loving pro-immigration Bush, and fake conservative pro-immigration little Marco. all three of which would have fallen on their sword (to the media) and lost to Hillary. Take your pick.

Jesus could you take a f'n pause for a moment and consider where this administration is headed.

Just one f'n second?
Jesus could you take a f'n pause for a moment and consider where this administration is headed.

Just one f'n second?

I answered your question. Pick one of the three to lose to Hillary.

You don't know where the administration is headed anymore than I do. Well that's not true, I'm not an idiot acting on hurt feelz.

Here's where the administration is headed: If DACA is legalized it will include a TON on wins that Trump campaigned on. He's held true to his campaign promises more than any other president so far. If your vag hurts because Trump didn't repeal DACA while he was still inside Melania on the Resolute Desk during his first ten minutes in the Oval Office then I can't help you. Melania can probably give you some advice about the hurt vagina though.

With the exception of Rand Paul, Trump was the only GOP candidate who even made a pretense of challenging the status quo.

Given the same field of candidates, I'd vote for Trump again. But it would be with much more moderated expectations than his campaign had led me to adopt.

I didn't expect Trump to be able to do all he had promised. But I expected him to fight a lot harder than he has and I'm disappointed that he's started to play political word games in an attempt to cover the fact that he's backing away from so much of what he said for so long and so loud.

I think Donald Trump Jr. would be a much better President.

Just one f'n second?

I answered your question. Pick one of the three to lose to Hillary.

You don't know where the administration is headed anymore than I do. Well that's not true, I'm not an idiot acting on hurt feelz.

Here's where the administration is headed: If DACA is legalized it will include a TON on wins that Trump campaigned on. He's held true to his campaign promises more than any other president so far. If your vag hurts because Trump didn't repeal DACA while he was still inside Melania on the Resolute Desk during his first ten minutes in the Oval Office then I can't help you. Melania can probably give you some advice about the hurt vagina though.

Hurt vagina. Ya that was good about the first 50 times you tried it.

You apologize very well for a glass that's half full at best.

The glass hasn't been poured and you're biotching you got gypped. The damn glass hasn't even been placed on the table. There isn't any legislation that's been voted on in either house yet, nevermind a Trump signature or veto. And you want your money back.

The glass hasn't been poured and you're biotching you got gypped. The damn glass hasn't even been placed on the table. There isn't any legislation that's been voted on in either house yet, nevermind a Trump signature or veto. And you want your money back.

Can I borrow your Pom-Poms?
Senator Chuck Schumer is telling other lawmakers on Capitol Hill that President Donald Trump will side with the Democratic Party—as well as the vast majority of Americans—and defend the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program his predecessor created to protect young undocumented immigrants from deportation.

“He likes us,” the Senate minority leader said Thursday of the president, during an exchange caught by a hot mic on the Senate floor, and broadcast by C-SPAN. “He likes me, anyway.”

“Here’s what I told him: I said, ‘Mr. President, you’re much better off if you can sometimes step left and you can sometimes step right,’” he continued. ‘If you have to step in just one direction you’re boxed!’”

“He gets that,” Schumer added, noting the president seemed willing to work with Democratic leaders on the issue of immigration. “Oh, it’s gonna work out. And it’ll make us [Democrats] more productive, too.”
Hillary would have destroyed the country in 2 years, I'll wait patiently for a better America...I don't care who Mr.T sleeps with to get what the country needs, fix some shiit and fix it now...his plate is full of major problems, stay focused and tackle the problems 1 at a time.

That really all you got? Pontificating about what MIGHT happen with the most heretofore unpredictable president we've ever had (unpredictable at least to RINOs, the MSM, dems and you, but i repeat myself).

I'm saying wait and see what happens before emoting. You're screaming that the sky is falling. You're like the global warming crowd saying this is a foregone conclusion.

That really all you got? Pontificating about what MIGHT happen with the most heretofore unpredictable president we've ever had (unpredictable at least to RINOs, the MSM, dems and you, but i repeat myself).

I'm saying wait and see what happens before emoting. You're screaming that the sky is falling. You're like the global warming crowd saying this is a foregone conclusion.

Being concerned over a daily dose of lowered expectations is none of the above.
Best I can figure at this point is,...it's like somebody once said, "A new state cannot simply fall down from the sky. It has to grow from within the people".

The people of America are far too split and diverse to ever agree on the composition of a new state,...and the old one is intent on destroying the country.

You're right. We should throw the baby out with the bathwater. IMPEACH 45!! Maxine for Prez!!
I don't regret voting for Trump vs Hillary. I don't regret voting for Trump over the GOP clown show that was the rest of the primary field. The bar to be better than Hillary is ridiculously low ! A 1" slug could slide over that bar and always be in contact with the ground. I started this thread to discuss possible primary challengers to Trump if he continues down the path to amnesty. I'm still hoping he comes back to the base that elected him and fires the establishment scum he's surrounded himself with. Generals from a military that hasn't won a war in nearly a century ( the Russians and the British mostly won WW II imo ) and bankers are not a winning team. He has purged almost everyone who represented the base from his administration. Who's a legitimate alternative come 2020 ?
J

You're right. We should throw the baby out with the bathwater. IMPEACH 45!! Maxine for Prez!!

I'd prefer Debbie Blabber-Mouth Schultz. She's much hotter.
Best I can figure at this point is,...it's like somebody once said, "A new state cannot simply fall down from the sky. It has to grow from within the people".

The people of America are far too split and diverse to ever agree on the composition of a new state,...and the old one is intent on destroying the country.

True, the division in this country is very deep...we need a good war to bring the people together, and remember how lucky we are to be free citizens.

True, the division in this country is very deep...we need a good war to bring the people together, and remember how lucky we are to be free citizens.

Plus re-level the damn gene pool a little.

And that by no accident.
Posted By: add Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/15/17
The main stream media is already praising Trump for this alleged deal he made with Chuck and Nancy. Hell, Sen. Al Franken on MSNBC was praising Trump on this. The liberals are learning that the way to move Trump is to praise him. By tomorrow the Washington Post and NYT will be running front page stories on Trump's deal with these two.

I can't take this shidt anymore.

MSM?

What size pussy-hat do you wear troll?

Waiver Issued So Construction of Border Wall Can Begin

http://www.kvoa.com/story/36348146/waiver-issued-so-construction-of-border-wall-can-begin
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/15/17
Who's a legitimate alternative come 2020 ?

Are you serious? 8 months in to the presidency, congress in gridlock, and you're trying to figure out who can beat an unknown (at this time) democrat to replace Trump? Why, I bet you put your pants on two legs at a time too!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/15/17
Well, at least we're prosecuting Hillary.

Wait? What? He lied about that?

Well, at least he's cleaning out the swamp in the IRS.

Wait, he's buddies with Koskinen and nobody has been fired much less prosecuted?

Well, at least we repealed ObamaCare.

Wait... What, he tried to replace it with TrumpCare?

Wow. Well, at least we know he's not a liar and won't sell Kennedys seat on the Supreme Court for something he wants from Schumer...

Right? Right?

Ah, phug it, time to hit the beer.
Posted By: KoolBreeze Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/15/17
If he signs anything into law giving amnesty (and anything that makes illegals legal is amnesty) to illegals without huge strides in securing the border to turn off the faucet, then he will never get it done down the road and he will not be re-elected.

But you don't need a wall to do it. The answer to the problem is so simple a caveman could figure it out. Just cut off the jobs and welfare. But they won't do that because the special interest the politicians actually work for don't want it.
Posted By: Greyghost Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/15/17
You all didn't really ever think there was going to actually be a wall built did you???? Or the ACA was going to be done away with.... or tax reform for heavens sake???? Might flake-out throw a tantrum twitting his damn fool little heart out and push the button starting WW3...

LOLLLLL

Phil
Posted By: jaguartx Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/15/17
Thats why you voted for Trump, right?,
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: DACA Deal, No Wall - 09/15/17
What a buncha fuggn clucking hens
© 24hourcampfire