Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by deflave
Every presidency requires 8 years to cause real change.

And nobody is going to abandon Trump. The only thing that could cause that are total reversal on things like the 2nd.

Dave

I must have misunderstood those Trump supporters calling into Laura Ingraham this morning.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'll abandon Trump if he signs any amnesty bill. I will be looking for another standard bearer in the primary to challenge him if he's #amnestyDon. He's light years ahead of Hillary and I don't regret my vote for him for that reason but the failure to pursue corruption , repeal Obamacare, and now amnesty is a very bitter pill. The day Sessions recused himself he should have withdrawn his nomination. The forcing out of all the MAGA supporters from the administration is another betrayal. Gorsuch is the big bright spot for me.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by steve4102

That was great, can I borrow that?

Certainly[/quote]

That was a great post and it captures my thoughts quite well.

Trump is a results oriented kind of person. He is going to do what it takes to get results. I think what is going on here is a brilliant political move. We want the DACA recipients here. They are here through no fault of their own and they are contributing, They will be better citizens than many of our own and are very unlikely to be a net burden. Most Americans I know don't really have a problem with legislatively making their presence here legally. So Trump is nullifying the previous king's orders. Restoring our system of government to it's proper place and winning over some Hispanic friends.

He is going to one-up Obama on several fronts. In the process he is putting effete republican congressional "leaders" in their proper place. He is showing Democrats that he can be worked with and ultimately, no matter what party you support, we want the various factions to be able to work together to get the job done. I don't know anyone who is excited about gridlock, and indeed based on abysmal congressional approval ratings, we want them to start behaving differently. Trump is going to get a legislative win that most Americans will approve of. A win that previous presidents and congresses couldn't get done. A win that will score him much needed points with both parties in congress. It will lay the groundwork for the part of the wall that will do some functional good. It could possibly lay the groundwork for comprehensive immigration reform. It really is an easy win for him. But it also sets the stage for cooperation for tax reform, which is perhaps the most important of his agenda items. Democrats will know that he can be worked with and Republican congressional "leaders" will be loathe to do anything that will result in another high grade public bitch-slapping.

I may be wrong, but I believe there is much more strategy than meets the eye here and I think it's going to be good for this country. I hope I am not wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by RollingThunder

Trump is "doing what's easy and caving" as you say. It started with the debt ceiling issue last week and now this. He's taking the course of least resistance.

Try listening to what the president says instead of what the talking heads on TV say.....you'll be better informed and look a little less ignorant....
Raising the debt limit HAD to be done...not raising it was not an option...all a government shutdown accomplishes is a paid vacation for "non essential" personnel followed by massive overtime paid, to catch up on the workload that has backed up....remember, he's still operating on the previous administrations budget and tax codes/ regulations that are throttling the economy.... it may take his entire first four years to get schitt HALFWAY straightened out....

Actually maybe you should read Trumps own words in the form of tweets this morning. He questions why anyone would want to deport the wonderful, accomplished "dreamers".

Who does want to deport them? These dreamers are contributors. They can't be felons, they can't have more than 3 misdemeanors and they have to have accomplished or be working on educational attainment. They are here to no fault of their own. There really is no downside to making their presence here legal. I am all for better border security, a wall in places and only allowing the best to immigrate. This is a country steeped in humanitarian traditions. Legislatively making their presence here legal (without giving them a better path to citizenship than folks who properly immigrated) is a win across the board. Obama and a Democratic congress couldn't do it. Nor could Obama with successive congresses. If a Democrat can't deliver and a Republican president and a Republican congress can, maybe this will swing some of the Hispanic vote. Conservative need some of the Hispanic vote.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

We want the DACA recipients here.

Who does?

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
Every presidency requires 8 years to cause real change.

And nobody is going to abandon Trump. The only thing that could cause that are total reversal on things like the 2nd.

Dave

I must have misunderstood those Trump supporters calling into Laura Ingraham this morning.

As if those panty sniffers are going to influence anything. That's like believing the kooks that post on this site.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

There really is no downside to making their presence here legal.

They'll vote Democrat.

That's a downside.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Trump is "doing what's easy and caving" as you say. It started with the debt ceiling issue last week and now this. He's taking the course of least resistance.

Try listening to what the president says instead of what the talking heads on TV say.....you'll be better informed and look a little less ignorant....
Raising the debt limit HAD to be done...not raising it was not an option...all a government shutdown accomplishes is a paid vacation for "non essential" personnel followed by massive overtime paid, to catch up on the workload that has backed up....remember, he's still operating on the previous administrations budget and tax codes/ regulations that are throttling the economy.... it may take his entire first four years to get schitt HALFWAY straightened out....

Actually maybe you should read Trumps own words in the form of tweets this morning. He questions why anyone would want to deport the wonderful, accomplished "dreamers".

Who does want to deport them? These dreamers are contributors. They can't be felons, they can't have more than 3 misdemeanors and they have to have accomplished or be working on educational attainment. They are here to no fault of their own. There really is no downside to making their presence here legal. I am all for better border security, a wall in places and only allowing the best to immigrate. This is a country steeped in humanitarian traditions. Legislatively making their presence here legal (without giving them a better path to citizenship than folks who properly immigrated) is a win across the board. Obama and a Democratic congress couldn't do it. Nor could Obama with successive congresses. If a Democrat can't deliver and a Republican president and a Republican congress can, maybe this will swing some of the Hispanic vote. Conservative need some of the Hispanic vote.

Except it's not just the Dreamers , it's their whole family, including the parents who brought them here and their brothers/sisters/grandparents/etc. once they get citizenship they can bring hordes more into the country. 800,000!dreamers is really 5 or 6 million immigrants and many far from desirable assets to our country. It is also rewarding law breaking and completion for jobs.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I'm not sure that I'll be able to stomach voting "republican" ever again, they've become as detestable if not more so than the democrats. At least the democrats make their disdain for our constitution known, they don't hide their hatred. The republicans pretend to value the constitution and personal freedom but the reality is they're [bleep] liars, scum sucking, do nothing, subversive [bleep].

I concur. I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with the GOP, but whatever it is, it's not working for me anymore. I haven't missed an opportunity to vote since I turned 18, but I think from here on out, I'm not wasting my time. The Republicans haven't done anything to earn my vote in quite some time, and I refuse to vote for a Democrat on principle. So until someone show me something, I'll just stay home, so to speak.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Problem with the DACAssholes, is on toppa all the freeloadin shat they're gonna pull, their kids are gonna be "legal" and pull the same shat.

800k, and they're all employed? BS

The number ain't 800k anyway, when you count alla the kids they'll drop, on our dime acourse.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

Except it's not just the Dreamers , it's their whole family, including the parents who brought them here and their brothers/sisters/grandparents/etc. once they get citizenship they can bring hordes more into the country. 800,000!dreamers is really 5 or 6 million immigrants and many far from desirable assets to our country. It is also rewarding law breaking and completion for jobs.

Stated exactly this in a earlier post.

So, you too, must be "a paranoid sumbiotch"

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by J23
I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with the GOP

More than half their campaign finance funding comes from an ethnic group that makes up 2% of the US population, who's members are big on open borders and "diversity." He who pays the piper calls the tune, not the voters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

They'll vote Democrat.

That's a downside.

Yep, almost every last one of them. Why does anyone here think the Dems want to keep them? Because they care??? LOL.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Who does?

Most people I know.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Who does?

Most people I know.

Then you're all dreamers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by J23
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I'm not sure that I'll be able to stomach voting "republican" ever again, they've become as detestable if not more so than the democrats. At least the democrats make their disdain for our constitution known, they don't hide their hatred. The republicans pretend to value the constitution and personal freedom but the reality is they're [bleep] liars, scum sucking, do nothing, subversive [bleep].

I concur. I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with the GOP, but whatever it is, it's not working for me anymore. I haven't missed an opportunity to vote since I turned 18, but I think from here on out, I'm not wasting my time. The Republicans haven't done anything to earn my vote in quite some time, and I refuse to vote for a Democrat on principle. So until someone show me something, I'll just stay home, so to speak.

Here's the question that you need to ask. Are my GOP Congressmen doing their jobs? If so, that's all you can ask for. That's all you have influence over. My Rep and Senators are basically on board wit the Trump agenda. Why should I be pissed at them and never vote for them just because Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham or John McCain is cause problems? If your GOP people aren't on board, then work to get them out in the Primaries.

This is how you affect change. You don't get [bleep] done by throwing up your hands and accepting defeat. The Dems don't play that way and neither should we. Enjoy the fact that HRC is NOT your President. Enjoy that for the rest of your life. Enjoy that every time Judge Gorsich is the deciding vote in the Supreme Court. If you think about what HRC could have done to us with control of the House and Senate you'll see things aren't so bad.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
I smell a big political maneuver none of us can yet see. I'm not worried until Trump actually SIGNS anything. Until then, it's all posturing, virtue signaling and political maneuvering.

THIS!

Here's my take on this. Trump is offering to compromise DACA in exchange for funding for the border wall. The primary season starts soon for all of the house and 1/3 of the senate. Keep that in mind and follow along. Trump promised to drain the swamp. Trump just offered to make a deal where DACA becomes law (we'll call it amnesty, because it is) and simultaneously we get funding for the wall. Among the population, 4/5 oppose illegal immigration, which would include DACA recipients. That means congress is going to have to show their cards and vote on something that is unpopular with the majority of the country (amnesty). Then the entire house and 1/3 of the senate have to answer to the voters just a few months later. A lot of seats could change hands, we'll get the border wall and likely some really strict immigration reform in exchange for legalizing DACA. Then we don't have to deal with DACA. And the good thing is the dems are the minority and bonus: congress is in gridlock so if nothing gets done, which is likely, then DACA ends. And congress still looks like do-nothing nitwits who can't accomplish getting out of bed in the morning right before the midterm primaries.

Like others have said, as much as we don't like it, the DACA recipients are here to stay unless Trump has another rabbit to pull out of his hat.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
4D chess.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most don't want to deport kids who grew up here, but really... the Democrats have left us no choice.

Obama set the new standard.
1) Pull the Border Patrol away from the border.
2) Catch and release illegals so they are free to try to cross the border again in an hour.
3) Invite underage children here with the promise of citizenship.
4) Create UnConstitutional orders making them legal immigrants.

Give the Dreamers amnesty now, and this becomes the minimum in the future for Democrat presidents. It will NEVER end. Even if Trump were to build his wall (which will never pass the Senate), what good is it when the Border Patrol is basically told to stand down?

There is no choice. Deny DACA, start deporting them, lay the entire blame on the Democrat Party for violating the law of the land, violating the Consttitution, and backing us into a corner. Well, some of the blame. Most of the blame lies on the parents for violating US law and screwing over their children. That's not OUR problem, that's the parents' problem.

But to do anything but deport them means it will never end. It's as simple as that. Never.

PS: I used to be willing to accept work permits for Dreamers and even most illegals before Obama opened the border and then created DACA. Never again.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

They'll vote Democrat.

That's a downside.

Yep, almost every last one of them. Why does anyone here think the Dems want to keep them? Because they care??? LOL.

These immigrant's values, culture, work ethic, religious beliefs and ideals are much more closely aligned with Republican philosophy than Democratic. I work with a lot of Vietnamese Americans. They are almost all vote Republican. I don't think it will take much at all to turn the tide in the way the dreamers vote. After all, what party will be responsible for helping them achieve their dreams? The Democrats couldn't do it. If the Republicans can...

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (5sdad, Akhutr, 673, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 1minute, 15 invisible), 1,569 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,866
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.