Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K

Schumer, Pelosi say they have deal with Trump to protect 'Dreamers'
Published September 13, 2017
Fox News

President Trump praises bipartisanship, urges unity

Democratic congressional leaders emerged from a meeting with President Donald Trump Wednesday vowing to pursue an agreement protecting immigrants who were brought illegally into the U.S. as children from deportation.

In a joint statement, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said they and Trump had "agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that's acceptable to both sides."

A source briefed on the meeting confirmed to Fox News that Trump and the leaders agreed to pair the DREAM Act with some measures enhancing border security. The source confirmed that those measures do not include Trump's long-promised wall across the U.S.-Mexico border.

An estimated 800,000 young immigrants are currently covered by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, which was formed by former President Barack Obama in 2012. Earlier this month, the Trump administration announced it was winding down the program over the next six months, putting pressue on Congress to pass a legislative solution.

The White House issued a statement describing the meeting as "constructive" and "a positive step toward the President's strong commitment to bipartisan solutions for the issues most important to all Americans." The statement added that the three had discussed "policy and legislative priorities," including "tax reform, border security, DACA, infrastructure and trade."

The dinner date with Schumer and Pelosi came after the president stunned GOP congressional leaders by striking a deal last week with the two senior Democrats for a short-term spending and debt-ceiling deal. While GOP leaders wanted a longer-term package, the deal helped ensure immediate aid to hurricane victims while averting a government shutdown for now.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...deal-with-trump-to-protect-dreamers.html

What kind of crap is this? Doesn't look like they doing much to stop ILLEGAL immigration. Just making the illegals legal.

Last edited by KoolBreeze; 09/13/17.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/09/13/trump-top-democrats-agree-to-work-on-deal-to-save-daca/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_daca1013pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.3783c65e87b3

WTF is going on?? Trump is selling out to Schumer and Pelosi again.

Why are they in the white house without their republican counterparts in the house and senate?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
From what I understand, DACA was only to allow the kids who came with parents and grew up here to be citizens when they turn 18. Republicans may not go along with this, but may allow the kids to be citizens WITH funding for the wall.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I smell a big political maneuver none of us can yet see. I'm not worried until Trump actually SIGNS anything. Until then, it's all posturing, virtue signaling and political maneuvering.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RollingThunder

Why are they in the white house without their republican counterparts in the house and senate?

The Republicans are Never-Trumpers and obstructionists. Who needs them.

They can't even pass a bill to repeal, or repeal and replace, Obama Care after seven years of collecting donations from their constituents claiming this to be their number one priority.

Screw Ryan and screw McConnell.

President Trump has but one option, make deals with the Democrats and get half of what he wants, or wait forever for the Republicans to do as they have promised and get NOTHING done.

Half a pie is better than no pie at all.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
I smell a big political maneuver none of us can yet see. I'm not worried until Trump actually SIGNS anything. Until then, it's all posturing, virtue signaling and political maneuvering.

I think that's an astute analysis.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

Indeed.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The main stream media is already praising Trump for this alleged deal he made with Chuck and Nancy. Hell, Sen. Al Franken on MSNBC was praising Trump on this. The liberals are learning that the way to move Trump is to praise him. By tomorrow the Washington Post and NYT will be running front page stories on Trump's deal with these two.

I can't take this shidt anymore.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Amazing. The Democrats will get TWO pieces of substantive legislation through in less than a month. Meanwhile, the GOP can't get SCHIDT done with Congress/Senate/Presidency. I don't admire much about Dems, but I do admire the fact that they get stuff done and get it done quickly. The GOP is well on their way to blowing another opportunity, just like they did in 2000-2006. OTOH, did anyone REALLY think the GOP weren't going to pass a continuing resolution of some sort, or give amnesty to the "dreamers"????

K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Trump was the one all about the wall during the campaign, not most of the Republicans. If he'll go along with a deal that doesn't include anything for the wall, then that's exactly what he'll get. The problem is neither the Democrats nor the majority of the Republicans want to take a hard nosed approach to the immigration problem. Most of them are just looking out for themselves and their own political future. There are even insane rumors of letting illegals VOTE in some states. That's just ludicrous. I thought Trump was different, had the good of his country and countrymen at heart, and couldn't care less about the politics. I'm beginning to think I've been duped.

I don't care that he makes deals with Democrats. More power to him if he can do that AND stick to the agenda that he ran on. But it appears here he is just giving them what they want without getting anything of substance in return.

BTW, I couldn't care less about the actual physical wall although that was Trump's promise. But I do want to see the immigration laws enforced, not changed to make the illegals legal. I've said for years the answer is easy. All you have to do is cut off the jobs and welfare. The rest will take care of itself.

Last edited by KoolBreeze; 09/13/17.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"they and Trump had "agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that's acceptable to both sides."

When did the Democrats ever hint they wanted a wall ?, Mr.T agreed to their wishes,,,and he gets what he wants, the Republicans aren't giving him any help.

With the 10's of billions needed for Texas and Florida relief, no wall is getting funded thru congress anyway...give it up, no wall.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Trump is, always was, a Paper Tiger.

Principled people picked an unprincipled man and they got -- nothing.

All he has ever wanted is good positive press and he will pursue it in any direction.

Best description I have ever seen, "A media savvy Con Man from Queens."

MAGA

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Maybe because, having been handed the House and the Senate, the Republican jackwagons haven't been able to do fudge-all that they promised, and Trump is looking elsewhere to fulfill HIS promises?

Just a surmise.....

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by steve4102

The Republicans are Never-Trumpers and obstructionists. Who needs them.

They can't even pass a bill to repeal, or repeal and replace, Obama Care after seven years of collecting donations from their constituents claiming this to be their number one priority.

Screw Ryan and screw McConnell.

President Trump has but one option, make deals with the Democrats and get half of what he wants, or wait forever for the Republicans to do as they have promised and get NOTHING done.

Half a pie is better than no pie at all.

+1

Ted
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
and Trump is looking elsewhere to fulfill HIS promises?

He said he would work with democrats grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Maybe because, having been handed the House and the Senate, the Republican jackwagons haven't been able to do fudge-all that they promised, and Trump is looking elsewhere to fulfill HIS promises?

Just a surmise.....

^^^^^^^ this

Ted
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've said this before, but if you want to see what the Trump presidency will look like, study the Clinton presidency. Most of Billy's agenda was passed with Republican majorities. Billy wasn't a democrat anymore than Trump is a republican.

The republican party is more dysfunctional than a hippie commune....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Just a surmise.....

It is a shame that he has had to resort to half of his agenda because of the Republican (His own Party) Never-Trumpers refuse to work with him.

Now we are at Plan (B), working with the Democrats. That is .............

Just think how much he could have actually done to MAGA if is own party would have supported him. This country would be busting at the seams with prosperity.

But no, Ryan and McConnell are not interested in a successful Trump Administration, he is an outsider ya know, their interests lie with their donor base and the Establishment.

At any rate, president Trump has just rendered McConnell and Ryan useless as tits on a bull. I'll bet they are having the Deer in the Headlights look saying, what the [bleep] just happened, did we just get Trumped again? Where's Mueller, hurry up Mueller this outsider is kicking our ass.

Last edited by steve4102; 09/13/17.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm not sure that I'll be able to stomach voting "republican" ever again, they've become as detestable if not more so than the democrats. At least the democrats make their disdain for our constitution known, they don't hide their hatred. The republicans pretend to value the constitution and personal freedom but the reality is they're [bleep] liars, scum sucking, do nothing, subversive [bleep].

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,093
Posts18,483,005
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.