Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Most here say the Dream Act was "unpopular with most Americans", actually, nationwide it prob'ly runs 50/50, about like the election. Start parading out those who have been here since they were three and the issue could go on forever.

President Trump just defanged the MSM and the Libs on this issue while embarrassing the do- nothing Republicans in Congress. At the same time he has put the Dream Act back before Congress where it belongs, with a deadline.

Already President Trump has had an impact on illegal immigration just by being elected, if he can translate this latest give and take into taking effective action on controlling our Border that would be brilliant. Better yet if his actions light a fire under the GOP.

Time will tell.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

Polls indicate that only 15% of voters support sending dreamers home. 58% support citizenship, 18% support legal status.

Politically speaking that is a consensus. DACA will be the law of the land.

The same pollsters that had Hitler by a landslide? I disagree with your assessment.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Tax reform and Trumps reaction to Harvey and Irma is going to mean absolutely nothing to Trump's base if he doesn't put some very hard brakes on illegal immigration.

Nobody who voted for Trump voted for compromise on that issue,...and that *was* the issue that got Trump elected.

My reason was the

United States Supreme Court!

...an still is.

+1

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Polls indicate that only 15% of voters support sending dreamers home. 58% support citizenship, 18% support legal status.

If there's anything true in life, it's that a lot of people are wrong, often. That's why we don't have a pure Democracy in this country.

??? Democracy would dictate those poll numbers kept dreamers here, how is that not democratic in nature ?...other than they didn't poll me, or allow me to vote.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The DREAM Act, last time it was tried to be passed under Obama, united the Republicans and gave a lot of strength to conservative groups like the Tea Party. As a united front, they melted down the phone lines in Washington and got it stopped.

The DREAM Act, this time being pushed by a Republican president, will tear the Republican Party apart. There is probably no better way to get some portion of the Republican base so mad at their legislators that they won't bother to go vote in 2018.

In my opinion, it'll be a frigging disaster.

Even Sean Hannity is saying that if Trump pushes the DREAM Act and it passes, that he's committed political suicide and we'll have a different president in 2020. And Hannity is as pro-Trump as they come.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kroo88

100% of idiots(liberals) cite poles and then claim consensus

“Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them.”

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

If there's anything true in life, it's that a lot of people are wrong, often. That's why we don't have a pure Democracy in this country.

??? Democracy would dictate those poll numbers kept dreamers here, how is that not democratic in nature ?...other than they didn't poll me, or allow me to vote.

My point is that if we let policy be determined purely by the will of the majority, we will be doomed as a nation. Therefore, I don't give a schit about a poll indicating that most people are okay with amnesty or amnesty lite, because they're wrong. At some point in the political process, someone has to be the adult in the room and say no, instead of doing what's easy and caving.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

My point is that if we let policy be determined purely by the will of the majority, we will be doomed as a nation. Therefore, I don't give a schit about a poll indicating that most people are okay with amnesty or amnesty lite, because they're wrong. At some point in the political process, someone has to be the adult in the room and say no, instead of doing what's easy and caving.

Trump is "doing what's easy and caving" as you say. It started with the debt ceiling issue last week and now this. He's taking the course of least resistance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Two words for all the people who jumped off the Trump bandwagon:

JUSTICE GORSUCH

Last edited by Kimber7man; 09/14/17.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

JUSTICE GORSUCH

Thank the heritage foundation for vetting Gorsuch, the republican senate for confirming him, and Trump for the nomination as a "republican" president.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Firstly, WHOs polls??? Didn't you learn anything last November?
Secondly, I doubt Trump will sign ANY legislation that gives a path to citizenship for illegals other than those that are currently registered in DACA...those who ARE registered are probably safe, because they were promised that the information they provided upon registering wouldn't be used against them....I wouldn't bet that their parents will be safe from deportation though....there may be a "process" they have to go through, but I don't see Trump wavering on the immigration and border issues. He's made it quite clear (to me anyway) that he wants congress to work out the details and if he doesn't like the details, he won't sign the legislation...I just seen Trump on TV talking about the reports he's made a deal about scrapping the wall....he called BS...said it WILL be built...and the immigration issues WILL be dealt with...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

JUSTICE GORSUCH

I'm not jumping off. Nothing is in writing yet. Just hope he figures out a way to keep his promises to those that got him elected.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The D.C. machine is herding Trump into compromises and positions that will destroy his chance of re-election in 2020.

He's going along with it much more easily than he should.

Something significant is going on behind the scene.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Originally Posted by SU35
NO WALL, NO SECOND TERM FOR TRUMP.

He's done in 4 years.

This.

Name one Trump supporter that has said that.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

JUSTICE GORSUCH

I'm not jumping off. Nothing is in writing yet. Just hope he figures out a way to keep his promises to those that got him elected.

Actually, he did promise amnesty during the campaign. Just like he was saying that people on the terror and no-fly watchlists should be banned from owning or buying firearms.

Some people just weren't paying attention.

Flashback from Andrew McCarthy

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RollingThunder

Trump is "doing what's easy and caving" as you say. It started with the debt ceiling issue last week and now this. He's taking the course of least resistance.

Try listening to what the president says instead of what the talking heads on TV say.....you'll be better informed and look a little less ignorant....
Raising the debt limit HAD to be done...not raising it was not an option...all a government shutdown accomplishes is a paid vacation for "non essential" personnel followed by massive overtime paid, to catch up on the workload that has backed up....remember, he's still operating on the previous administrations budget and tax codes/ regulations that are throttling the economy.... it may take his entire first four years to get schitt HALFWAY straightened out....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The D.C. machine is herding Trump into compromises and positions that will destroy his chance of re-election in 2020.

He's going along with it much more easily than he should.

Something significant is going on behind the scene.

What is he "going along with" that has you troubled?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Every presidency requires 8 years to cause real change.

And nobody is going to abandon Trump. The only thing that could cause that are total reversal on things like the 2nd.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Most here say the Dream Act was "unpopular with most Americans", actually, nationwide it prob'ly runs 50/50, about like the election. Start parading out those who have been here since they were three and the issue could go on forever.

President Trump just defanged the MSM and the Libs on this issue while embarrassing the do- nothing Republicans in Congress. At the same time he has put the Dream Act back before Congress where it belongs, with a deadline.

Already President Trump has had an impact on illegal immigration just by being elected, if he can translate this latest give and take into taking effective action on controlling our Border that would be brilliant. Better yet if his actions light a fire under the GOP.

Time will tell.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

The same pollsters that had Hitler by a landslide? I disagree with your assessment.
Yep, up till election day, we were told by the pollsters that Hillary had a 98.1% probability of winning.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by RollingThunder

Try listening to what the president says instead of what the talking heads on TV say.....you'll be better informed and look a little less ignorant....
Raising the debt limit HAD to be done...not raising it was not an option...all a government shutdown accomplishes is a paid vacation for "non essential" personnel followed by massive overtime paid, to catch up on the workload that has backed up....remember, he's still operating on the previous administrations budget and tax codes/ regulations that are throttling the economy.... it may take his entire first four years to get schitt HALFWAY straightened out....

Actually maybe you should read Trumps own words in the form of tweets this morning. He questions why anyone would want to deport the wonderful, accomplished "dreamers".

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
The DREAM Act, last time it was tried to be passed under Obama, united the Republicans and gave a lot of strength to conservative groups like the Tea Party. As a united front, they melted down the phone lines in Washington and got it stopped.

The DREAM Act, this time being pushed by a Republican president, will tear the Republican Party apart. There is probably no better way to get some portion of the Republican base so mad at their legislators that they won't bother to go vote in 2018.

In my opinion, it'll be a frigging disaster.

Even Sean Hannity is saying that if Trump pushes the DREAM Act and it passes, that he's committed political suicide and we'll have a different president in 2020. And Hannity is as pro-Trump as they come.

Spot on.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 163bc, 42 invisible), 2,962 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,657
Posts18,533,947
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.