Home
Posted By: hanco Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
I’ve been pretty lucky. Most of the guys I have been on leases with were nice guys. The first lease I was on had a couple that would show up with no groceries and no beer or have a six pack and expect to drink all weekend. I was on a couple of others that were all great guys. I had a 1000 acres I leased with two great guys for 25 years. The lease I’m on now has two MF’s that whine about everything. I’m thinking about shooting them.

Have you ever hunted with a dickhead??? I know some of you all hunt public land, maybe you don’t encounter dick heads??
Public or private, they're there.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Originally Posted by hanco

Have you ever hunted with a dickhead???

Sure do.

Hunt by myself all the time. laugh
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Oh, yes, public land produces it's share. One problem is that you can't get the land owner to kick them out. At the same time, on public land you aren't tied to a specific area. You can always move if they won't.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
i purchased some land so I no longer deal with idiots anymore.
Posted By: hanco Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
I guess owning your own is the solution.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Ain’t nothing like a week or so in hunting camp to bring out the true character in your hunting companions.
Life’s too short to hunt with ass holes. Kick em off your lease and find some good ole boys.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Ninety five percent of the people in this world are just plain ass holes. I've had run in's with many of them on both public and private land over the years but no, I don't hunt with any.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Life’s too short to hunt with ass holes. Kick em off your lease and find some good ole boys.

I could tell ya some stories from ranching public land, and the hunters I encountered...
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Ain’t nothing like a week or so in hunting camp to bring out the true character in your hunting companions.

Very true.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I could tell ya some stories from ranching public land, and the hunters I encountered...
Yeah but you ain't gotta hunt with 'em or be in a lease/club with 'em.

I bet that’s right Barry.
One of the privileges of having a Ranch in the family is only having to hunt with the folks you invite.
Posted By: tscott Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
I am so lucky. Never pay to hunt. I have a friend, a non hunter. His wife is anti hunting. They both like me. So, I am allowed to deer hunt their small 300 acre farm..... The rules: low charge muzzleloader, no guests, please don't let my wife see any dead deer. Shoot as many as you would like. So, approaching 72, I pack out all meat, after registering kill. I'm finishing up 60 years deer, perhaps around 80. Killing some of the best bucks of my life.
I send along a gift at Xmas.....
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18

Yeah but then you'll have trespassers.
Posted By: deflave Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Are you kidding? The hunting and fishing community is chock full of inconsiderate fugkin' ass holes.

I was fortunate when living in that schit hole they call Texas in that I was the "designated" lease manager so I got to decide everything.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
I’ve never really had a problem with other people public or private.
I tend to try to use them to my advantage if on public land and to be honest your “approach” to any situation is probably 99% of how the outcome will be.
But with that said, this year I have purchased my own private land so my son and I can hunt without bother.
On same land we will be building a home so I will be there all the time soon.
Originally Posted by Blackheart

No, I just had to gather cattle they let out by leaving gates open, fix shot up windmills and water tanks, pick up litter, call the brand inspector to report cattle shot by hunters, fix damage to fences, tank dams, roads and pastures they drove through.... And witness them spotlighting deer at night where not allowed, give directions to no less than 200 lost hunters... some even hunting in the wrong unit, or seasons expired for their licenses, or using their kids license to hunt youth only seasons.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Damn, never hunted on a lease, and don't have friends that are dickheads, and NO, I don't have trespassers.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

There is that but that can be remedied...
Originally Posted by Tom264
I tend to try to use them to my advantage if on public land and to be honest your “approach” to any situation is probably 99% of how the outcome will be.
But with that said, this year I have purchased my own private land so my son and I can hunt without bother.
Yeah, how do you "approach" the situation when you catch them stealing your stands or threatening to shoot your dog because it's disturbing "their" hunting ?

Not in my part of TX. We call them targets of opportunity. wink

No, I just had to gather cattle they let out by leaving gates open, fix shot up windmills and water tanks, pick up litter, call the brand inspector to report cattle shot by hunters, fix damage to fences, tank dams, roads and pastures they drove through.... And witness them spotlighting deer at night where not allowed, give directions to no less than 200 lost hunters... some even hunting in the wrong unit, or seasons expired for their licenses, or using their kids license to hunt youth only seasons.

Well you don't have to ranch on public land.
at my age of 65 and been in hunting camps since about 8 years of age you kinda figure out who you would hunt with and being from the country raised on a farm ,I seem to not get along much with city -its as we call them.living in north central Minnesota the culture the farther north you go the nicer and the better I get along with the residents and that`s why I spend a lot of time by the northern border of Minnesota less people,these are the hands on working people,most are Norwegians,German,Polish and Swedes,all are Christians who live a good simple life,work,family,hunt,fish,church , have a few beers,dance a little and talk guns ! believe me last fall 2017 they all had Trump signs in the yard too !
Yeah, how do you "approach" the situation when you catch them stealing your stands or threatening to shoot your dog because it's disturbing "their" hunting ?

How was your dog disturbing their hunting?
Originally Posted by pete53
at my age of 65 and been in hunting camps since about 8 years of age you kinda figure out who you would hunt with and being from the country raised on a farm ,I seem to not get along much with city -its as we call them.living in north central Minnesota the culture the farther north you go the nicer and the better I get along with the residents and that`s why I spend a lot of time by the northern border of Minnesota less people,these are the hands on working people,most are Norwegians,German,Polish and Swedes,all are Christians who live a good simple life,work,family,hunt,fish,church , have a few beers,dance a little and talk guns ! believe me last fall 2017 they all had Trump signs in the yard too !

You obviously ain't run into Northern Dave. He an ass hole.
Posted By: zeke612 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
The duck hunting community is way over populated with pure asshats. Rudeness and low class runs rampant, all the while trying to impress each other with the latest fancy stuff. Some of my fondest memories are duck hunts before it became “in”. Being mad at dickheads isn’t the reason to spend time outside, so I don’t hunt ducks anymore.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Owning your own land is not a good way to insulate yourself from dick heads.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
My lease has three others on it, they're all dickheads.

I fit right in.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

It is here Slim Jim, maybe be the signs and a little bit of reputation.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Hanco, I've had a few

Family land

the latest asshat we had was a whiny crybaby bow hunter that somehow hit the PTSD jackpot,

His major flaw, he started showing up with buddies and pretty soon the buddies were showing by themselves. They started hunting out of my stands, and then started moving my ladder stands to different areas. lmao

The main guy is just a total dipshlt. He shaved his eyebrows and has a gothic script tattoo across his forehead..,"disabled veteran"

GMAFB
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hanco, I've had a few

Family land

the latest asshat we had was a whiny crybaby bow hunter that somehow hit the PTSD jackpot,

His major flaw, he started showing up with buddies and pretty soon the buddies were showing by themselves. They started hunting out of my stands, and then started moving my ladder stands to different areas. lmao

The main guy is just a total dipshlt. He shaved his eyebrows and has a gothic script tattoo across his forehead..,"disabled veteran"

GMAFB

sick gotdamn!
Originally Posted by gunner500

Yeah but Jim's not a dick head.
Hanco, I've had a few

Family land

GMAFB

sick gotdamn!

Welcome to the south.

Never been there.
Don’t know.
Originally Posted by deflave

Yeah but Jim's not a dick head.

LOL, good thing I am, keeps the wannabe DH's out ;]
Yeah this veteran assbag is from Ohio.

Never been there.
Don’t know.
Then you've been lucky.
Posted By: texasbatman Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18

Not in my part of TX. We call them targets of opportunity. wink

Same goes for here. Never had a trespasser (I caught) in 13 years. I know all my neighbors and we watch out for each other. Game Warden and I a good friends as well.

Jim
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
I belong to a camp with 55 members and 1,000 acres. We have a couple arrogant pricks, freeloaders and fat, lazy slobs but overall the good ones outnumber the a-holes by a long shot.
I think part of the problem is that a lot of guys avoid confrontation, they just want to go to camp and relax & have a good time. I've found that calling out the a-holes is the best way to handle them. Life's to short to take crap from anyone.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
It's not just hunting, fishing, and other endeavors as well.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
There are Dickheads and Jokers

And then there is the joking dickhead, much worse.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Epitaph material right there! 😂

Did you kill anyone this week?
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Are you kidding? The hunting and fishing community is chock full of inconsiderate fugkin' ass holes.

I was fortunate when living in that schit hole they call Texas in that I was the "designated" lease manager so I got to decide everything.

Funny how yankee @ss#oles always seem to hate Texas. No class, no manners and that overly high concept of personal value generally rubs most Texans wrong. When I think of chit#oles Chicago and the state of New Jersey come to mind instantly. And the cockroaches!
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Many guys get on hunting leases so they can drink away from their wives, play poker and otherwise misbehave. A lot of them don't even get out of bed in the morning to hunt. Fine with me as that just means more for me to see. The last lease I was on had a real problem with the guy leasing to run his cows on the property. The "Grass" manager would let his kids and grandkids hunt out of our stands when he knew we wouldn't be there or during the week. That went to hell when I retired, caught them in the act a couple of times.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18

how much land did you buy?...….bob
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18

If you have the ability to buy a large parcel it probably is. Otherwise, say you have a nice little hundred acre place. Then you have to deal with neighbors and their shenanigans and if they happen to be assaholas, or simply have other interests besides hunting, you are pretty much stuck. I have access to a hundred acre piece of family property and because of the neighbors, its almost like public land in that it is a lot more enjoyable to hunt during the week. I am also in a lease with a few guys that controls 1500 acres. I get along fine with all of the members, some I like better than others and its a lot more fun to hunt than my little piece of private ground.

Hunting clubs in the south that I have been involved with are different from "camps". We have an annual meeting and a few "work days". Everyone knows the combination to the locks on the gates and outside of letting everyone know where you are, we come and go as we please and can associate with one another as much or as little as we want. Heck, Andrew Cuomo could be in the lease and I would only have to see him 3 or 4 times a year and it would still be worth it to me to get to hunt. I guess this is a lot different from places that have hunting week instead of hunting season and everyone gets together and "camps out". [bleep] in that situation could truly make things miserable.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18

Have you ever hunted with a dickhead???

Sure do.

Hunt by myself all the time. laugh

So thats why you dont come quail hunt with me, huh? Probably askeered id put a few dead birds in yer pretty, fancy, almost virgin, high dollar Yeti too, aintcha?
Originally Posted by BobMt

61 acres.
Posted By: Potsy Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Me, Dad, Bro In Law, and Nephew still hunt my Grandparents place. We've had some issues with squatters moving stands in, but not too bad. One of whom was a boy I knew back in high school, who came in the next Monday bitching about someone tearing his stand down. Imagine his surprise when I started talking about tearing down some a**hole's tree stand on my Grandad's place (he know EXACTLY what stand I was talking about). Aggravating thing with him was, he had a better place to hunt than I did.

Had another squatter a couple years ago. Given the amount of crazy in this world, Dad simply left a note on his stand that this was private, posted property and to kindly remove his stand. It had been moved by the next time we were back there.

I've hunted public land up at Catoosa WMA off and on for the last 15 years. Only had one idiot hunt right on top of me, knowing FULL well I was there. Not only did he hunt right on top of me, he was a complete dumbazz too boot. If you post on here, and you squatted right on top of a guy at Catoosa about 5 years ago, and you were driving an older red F150 with McMinn Co. tags, dude, take up a different hobby..........

Outside of that, everybody I've met up there has gone out of there way to be courteous.

I will say, many years ago, a buddy of mine and I went hunting. He brought along another guy that I knew, that I was not looking forward to hunting with. He was kind of annoying, not real bright, and childish to boot. I was NOT looking forward to the trip. I gotta say, while hunting, he was the complete opposite of the way he was normally. He was intelligent, hard working, safe, and a genuine pleasure to be around. Go figure...........
New reality TV show in the works??????

Did you kill anyone this week?

No, but I petition each day for extra human tags on my license.

I have learned the joking dickhead really doesn’t have a sense of humor after all.
Posted By: greydog Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
If I had to restrict my hunting to a privare lease, I wouldn't hunt. GD
Originally Posted by rickt300
Many guys get on hunting leases so they can drink away from their wives, play poker and otherwise misbehave. A lot of them don't even get out of bed in the morning to hunt. Fine with me as that just means more for me to see. The last lease I was on had a real problem with the guy leasing to run his cows on the property. The "Grass" manager would let his kids and grandkids hunt out of our stands when he knew we wouldn't be there or during the week. That went to hell when I retired, caught them in the act a couple of times.

Yeah.

They're called Texans.

I have learned the joking dickhead really doesn’t have a sense of humor after all.

They probably don't like joking around with the guy that was paid to travel the world and assassinate high priority targets.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
New reality TV show in the works??????

HuntCamp Season 1, Joking Dickheads, Ohio and Texas
Episode 1, My New Truck
Episode 2, Tattoos Make The Man
Episode 3, part 1 Beer
Episode 3, part 2 Whiskey
Episode 4, That's My Stand!
Episode 5, One Up...
Episode 6, I'll Pay You Back
Episode 7, What's For Supper?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
i put up with my brother.... i love him but he can get on my nerves.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
I am a 1/14th owner of approx. 700 acres, cabin and small lake in the Catskills NY.Over the last couple of years the DH's sold out their interest to much better guys. Lately bow hunting on Long Island has been so good I have not made the trip, but have no reservations about using it in the future. smile
Posted By: kellory Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Originally Posted by BobMt

61 acres.

More than me. But there is only one neighbor near by, and the rest is other people's hunting properties. My place is small, but high traffic. Too bad some of it is trespassers and thieves. Anything metal. Automotive, or even my split firewood. (They stole a split cord of wood.)
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Originally Posted by Pat85

Very true.

Never belonged to a camp, but have taken many out of state hunting and fishing trips with 4+ guys.

Misbehaving drunks.
Outlaws.
Lazy.
Entitled.
Cheap.
Dangerous.
Authoritarian.
Know it all.
Game hogs.

Has to be more.

A lot of guys seem great when we would meet them. All came recommended.
Many weren't ask to go again!
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
I have hunted with a few once. The Duck hunters here are absolutely the worst. We have public land flooded timber hunting and it is a zoo. It is overrun with the most obnoxious pricks imaginable. Since I hunt for fun I don't duck hunt there anymore.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18

The self-appointed camp boss. "Who died and left you in charge?" Of course they have to be confronted and put in their place, but who goes on a hunting trip to deal with dickheads? That's what I did at work, and a hunt is supposed to be a break from that.

Paul

They probably don't like joking around with the guy that was paid to travel the world and assassinate high priority targets.

They still try, but they wake up just after supper if they do, sleepyheads they are.

I’m serious about my huntin, had a fella lock my J-lock and he went to sleep like Rumple Stilskin, thought I’d killed him. Another guy thought it funny to steal my sandwiches, he fell asleep on the side of the red dirt road right where he ate it. Lost count of those who pooped their guts clean from three drops of “food poisoning”. These are grown men and they should know better.

I’m probably the most benign, helpful, quiet, safe, and thoughtful of a hunting partner one could get.
my land is in my name ,no club,my son ,daughter,son-in-law and one friend who is like family are all that hunt on my land ever and I give them the better spots always for rifle season. coyote dog hunters hunt my land in winter too otherwise.land is paid for so when I die son and daughter can do what they want with it ?
Posted By: 1minute Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Not a lease but public. A coworker ask for several seasons if he could join our party chasing deer on the Idaho side of Hells Canyon. Finally had a drop out and he was invited. Next season comes, and he'd boated into our habitual campsite with about six of his buddies. Fortunately, they decided the country was too tough and quit the area.

If one wants to keep me off of their public ground, simply show me where one hunts, and I'll avoid it. If I stumble on to it on my own, then I don't view it as exclusive.

In another vein our party coordinates all aspects of our trips to avoid equipment duplication, establish arrival/departure times, assure equitable costs, and coordinate hunts, meals, etc. A young son has entered the group, comes and goes at random times, does not eat/sleep with the group, stumbles around the hills and valleys in a random fashion, and readily consumes other's liquid refreshments. Seems he comes with us, but not really. Makes planning almost impossible.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Hunt with a dickhead?

Why would I? I’m there to have fun!
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
No! I hunt with this guy....and he ain't a 'Dickhead'!!

[Linked Image]Rick & Brandon Mulhern by Sharps Man, on Flickr
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Great looking buck!
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
You can say that again

You can say that again...

Posted By: MOGC Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I belong to a camp with 55 members and 1,000 acres. We have a couple arrogant pricks, freeloaders and fat, lazy slobs but overall the good ones outnumber the a-holes by a long shot.
I think part of the problem is that a lot of guys avoid confrontation, they just want to go to camp and relax & have a good time. I've found that calling out the a-holes is the best way to handle them. Life's to short to take crap from anyone.

55 guys on 1,000 acres? Sounds terrible. I am always amazed at the conditions some guys have to put up with in order to hunt.
Originally Posted by MOGC

55 guys on 1,000 acres? Sounds terrible. I am always amazed at the conditions some guys have to put up with in order to hunt.
Don't have to. There's shytloads of State land to hunt in NY. Some with easy access gets hunted hard but there are more remote areas where you won't see another's boot prints all day. Just depends on what you want. You can also still get permission free for the asking on private land if you put forth the effort. Admittedly that's getting harder but I've gotten permission on several private tracts in my area over the past 10 years just by asking.
Posted By: Steve692 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
I have in the past, involuntarily, when the owner of the property I hunted for almost 40 years granddaughter's husbands decided they wanted to hunt it. Since they were "family" I could hardly grumble..........but dang.

They were to "coordinate things" with me and a buddy........they didn't. When out of ear shot of the owner it was "their property" since their mother in law stood to inherit it.....someday, according to them. I could type pages about that mess, but wont. The hassle ruined hunting for me even though I continued to take deer out seasonally. Never knowing what was going happen next just took all the pleasure out of sitting on the property. Even leaving the woods and sitting on the ground in a ditch bank 225 years away, it still honked them off that I shot deer. Wasn't worth it. Realizing I was no longer looking forward to season, I just stopped going.

Since the legalization of centerfires for deer my "game plan" consists of planning on sitting about 150 yards out in a picked corn field that has 800 plus yards of ditch bank on the down hill side of the field and about 12 acres of junk ground on the other side and a couple fence rows T ing into it. I found a spot in the field with a slight rise behind me, so I'm not skylighted, when scouting it out after last year' season. I'll be ok except for bright sunny days.

"No fast moves" will be the SOP. I'll get busted but not by all of the deer. The ditchbank is only visible from one far end from any road. No one could see me without a good set of binocs.

Since no one in their right mind would sit out there........I won't need to worry about ANY other hunters. Period.

Going to be interesting. I may have a good chance on one other spot I squirrel hunted in the past. The guy who deer hunted it for decades passed away a couple weeks back. Don't look like much but it has a pretty regular parade of deer going through at certain phases of the rut.

Hoping.

God bless
Steve

I belong to a camp with 55 members and 1,000 acres.

Damn.

That's about 50 too many.

What's the success rate on that lease?
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
I bring a case of beer every year and I dont drink
Posted By: 1Akshooter Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Lord thank you so much for the wonderful hunting partners I have had. They are with a few exceptions, my family. None of them are trigger happy and are safe with their fire arms and activities when hunting. Few of them drink at all and do not drink at hunting camp and then only a toast to success. They all share in the work and expenses. They all love God and His Creation.

Thanks for Alaska and so much public land! It is not what it was fifty years ago, but still wild and for the most part a free place.

Please bless me and my dear wife with safety and success as we start a month long hunting trip for caribou and moose and please let them be close to one of the trails we will travel with our ATV's. A caribou ain't to bad, but a decent sized moose that has to packed a mile or so will be passed on.

As we are both near 70 now, our days of living out of a back pack and canoe are probably gone, but the memories of the last 53 years are in my mind. The 36' Toy Hauler is a hunters mansion and serves as a good base camp! The blue berries in the sourdough pancakes and bacon will be so good!

My simple rules.

Avoid hunting with some one you do not know well.
Never hunt with drunks.
Never hunt with some one who is not safe with their weapons.
Never hunt with a lazy or moody person, they will drive you nuts!
Hunt the wildest country you have access to.
Plan your hunt well.
Killing a critter is not as important as having a good time.

Damn.

Not at all unusual in the Southern half of NY. Almost any piece of private ground will have at least 3-5 people hunting it per 100 acres. Some more than that. One 160 acre tract I hunted years ago regularly had 10 guys hunting it. I killed a buck there by 8:00 am on opening day every year I hunted it. One year out of the 10 of us that hunted it we took 8 bucks and 17 does off that 160 acres. My uncles farm was 147 acres and It wasn't at all uncommon to have 8-10 guys hunting it on opening day. Of course it wasn't posted and everybody in the area knew they could hunt there. Some areas in central and Western NY are way over populated with deer. As many as 50-100 psm according to DEC. The problem is they can't be controlled because it's private ground and many of the landowners won't allow hunting. But if you can get permission in one of those areas wooohoo. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Posted By: DMc Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Interesting thread.

Had a wonderful experience of no less than 10 years hunting with a group 2 hours south of the Rio Grande. One of the best times of my life. When it became unsafe to travel there we started making pilgrimages to Argentina. Our group diminished in size from 12 to 5-7 hardcore shot-gunners.

The expense, logistics, and bureaucracy quickly became overly burdensome and the fun factor withered away...

Yeah 1000 acres in New York is a lot different than 1000 acres out west somewhere....but it still sounds like too many hunters. Sounds dangerous even.😀
Yep, 55 hunters on 1000 acres was a jaw-dropper here too. Not for me thx...
But if you can get permission in one of those areas wooohoo.

Drop off a copy of any one of Patrick McManus' books to the land-owner or property manager, and you'll have made a friend for life...

Where there's a will.....
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
I’ve hunted with the good, the bad and the ugly. Hunting in south Texas is expensive to say the least. Most people hunting there are used to giving orders not taking them. My last few years was with some friends I had hunted on several ranches with. 5 of us had a 4500 acre pasture of. 36000 acre ranch. Best fun I ever had hunting. Hasbeen

They still try, but they wake up just after supper if they do, sleepyheads they are.

I’m serious about my huntin, had a fella lock my J-lock and he went to sleep like Rumple Stilskin, thought I’d killed him. Another guy thought it funny to steal my sandwiches, he fell asleep on the side of the red dirt road right where he ate it. Lost count of those who pooped their guts clean from three drops of “food poisoning”. These are grown men and they should know better.

I’m probably the most benign, helpful, quiet, safe, and thoughtful of a hunting partner one could get.

Man oh man. Hunting with J-lock equipped 700's and dick heads that purposely disable your firearm sounds like a lot of fun.

Sounds your like assassin days really paid off for you.
Posted By: hanco Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
We have 10 on a 1000 acres. That’s crowded enough. Can’t imagine 55. You must be in the piney woods.
You never see a man's true character until you have hunted or fished with him.
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
You never see a man's true character until you have hunted or fished with him.

I've read this twice now and I'm wondering WTF you guys are doing on your hunting and fishing trips. LMAO.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
My hunting partner thinks I am a dikhead but she has been tagging along for 46 years now. If I was alone who would tell me that it is cold and what calls sound best on my E-caller. It is fun to wake her at 0400 and to make her think we are lost in a snowstorm.

mike r
Posted By: moosemike Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Ninety five percent of the people in this world are just plain ass holes. I've had run in's with many of them on both public and private land over the years but no, I don't hunt with any.

If you are one of those people that thinks it is everybody else, I'm pretty sure it's mostly just you.
Originally Posted by Mike74

If you are one of those people that thinks it is everybody else, I'm pretty sure it's mostly just you.
It isn't me stealing other peoples tree stands or threatening to kill their dog or climbing into their stand on opening morning or trying to kick them off their own families property. Dickhead.

It isn't me stealing other peoples tree stands or threatening to kill their dog or climbing into their stand on opening morning or trying to kick them off their own families property. Dickhead.

Uhhh, where are your tree stands and dogs when these things are happening?
Posted By: CCCC Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
I've never had the opportunity or occasion to hunt on a "lease" or private land designated for limited use that includes me. 99% of all of my hunting has been on public lands or, more recently, on/adjacent to our own little place. I had a turkey/varmint hunting buddy up here for about 5 years until he passed prematurely, and had some enjoyable deer/elk hunts occasionally with a fine friend and his fine son many years ago - but that pal passed away too. My choice has been to almost always hunt solo. If you hunt alone and don't like the person you are hunting with, you are in trouble.

Once in a while I have encountered a fully qualified jerk out there, but that normally has been on or near roads or the popular campsites. It seems that most of the jerks don't want to work hard enough to get far from the roads and into prime country - so I haven't experienced them there.

After viewing this thread, it appears that the lone-wolf approach may have saved me a bunch of hassles.

Uhhh, where are your tree stands and dogs when these things are happening?
The stands that were stolen were on relatives, friends and neighbors property. All of which I had permission to hunt and put stands on. My beagle was running rabbits with me on state land during open season in October. Bow season is also open in October and it was a dickhead bowhunter who threatened to shoot her for ruining his hunt by running rabbits near his stand.. I offered to bury his dead body under his stand if he did and he decided he didn't want to shoot her that bad after all.

Man oh man. Hunting with J-lock equipped 700's and dick heads that purposely disable your firearm sounds like a lot of fun.

Sounds your like assassin days really paid off for you.

I’m always open to learn new tricks but have learned from the Masters. Despite what one might gather of me from forum postings, I’m so polite in person to avoid trouble. Like Chuck Norris says “The best defense is not to offend”.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
I hunt solo on public land. Get 1/4 mile or more off the road and I rarely see anyone at all. I've never met another hunter that far off the road that was a dickhead. Last Fall while hunting in an area that required me to be drawn I did see a jogger right before dark. This area is criss crossed with lots of hiking and biking trails and is only open for hunting about 8 days each year. Locals use it a lot, including myself. It is a great place to hike and ride my bike. But they are supposed to stay away during hunts. Apparently this guy didn't get the message.

I could have made a call and gotten a warden there and he would have been charged. He, and his dog ran less than 50 yards from me and never saw me. I debated being a dickhead and giving him a piece of my mind. But the dog would have started barking and it would have ruined any chances of killing a deer. I let him run on past and still had 15-20 minutes of legal light. I did kill a small buck from the same spot right at sunup the next morning so I probably made the right call. A confrontation right before dark would have probably ruined my chances the next day. Which was the last day of the hunt.
Posted By: kingston Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
Yeah this veteran assbag is from Ohio.

No shidt?
Originally Posted by tedthorn

I’d be the guy bitchin it’s the wrong brand.

Says Capt. Sleepytime 3-drops!!!!!!!

LOL

You’d be a blast at camp, if I could convince you it was everyone but me fugkin with you.
Yessir

Bought my nephew a grape snowcone and proceeds to tell my uncle oh poor him he doesnt have any place to deer hunt, All the while he has priority call in status at Fort Campbell's 55,000 acres of back training areas. Even handicapped areas for mthfkers who have voices in their head.

4 yrs of him and buddy hunting and they have not been able to kill even a doe. We are a Unit L designation (3-does per day allowable)

Couple of times i have detected the smell of 'the chronic' on him while asking him where the hell he planned to hunt for the day.

Either way, he is booted. I kicked em out back early this year.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18
With a couple of very rare exceptions, I hunt alone.

I don't like people, let alone those with attitudes or an unwillingness to pull their weight.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/18/18

I've been reading your posts long enough to know the problem isn't with "95% of the people in the world". The problem is with you.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
I don't hang out with dickheads,......hunting or anything else.

In todays world, avoiding every dickhead can cause a person to be lonely,....but I'll take lonely over hangin' out with dickheads.

Besides,...back during my hunting years, I considered it a solitary endeavor.
Posted By: kingston Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
I just can’t believe he’s from OH.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Originally Posted by kingston

lol taste like slitze.....
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Hell, in Austin they hunt for Dickheads!

I mean actual dick heads!!!
Posted By: Wrapids Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18

I've been reading your posts long enough to know the problem isn't with "95% of the people in the world". The problem is with you.

Yes indeed Mike 74. Funny how all the rest of us are crazy.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Hunting and fishing are so personal to me, it's really hard to think about going with someone other than my son or a couple of best friends.
Posted By: kellory Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Hunting and fishing are so personal to me, it's really hard to think about going with someone other than my son or a couple of best friends.

Agreed. Family and good friends.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18

Yeah, people stealing my shyt is my fault you azzhole. And I've been reading your posts long enough to know you're an azzhole and a crybaby too.
Originally Posted by Wrapids

Yes indeed Mike 74. Funny how all the rest of us are crazy.
Most hunters are thieving, lowlife, dickheads. And they will deny it to God himself until they're blue in the face.

Most hunters are thieving, lowlife dickheads.

You sure you're on the right forum?
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Most hunters are thieving, lowlife, dickheads. And they will deny it to God himself until they're blue in the face.

You’re attracting the wrong folks, I guess.

The folks I hunt with don’t fit any of that criteria.

George
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Originally Posted by NH K9

George

I know you ain't a meth head and I doubt you hunt with them.
Correct on both counts........though I’m finding myself pretty much immune to caffeine anymore. I’m looking for something a bit better 😀
Posted By: skeen Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
No, I've never hunted with dickheads, but I'm pretty particular about who I hunt with. I've ran into some pheasant hunters before that have been pretty catty.

Once, regretfully, I was a dickhead to some other hunters. Long story, but here goes - I was hunting a large piece of Corps Of Engineer ground. For as many years as I can remember it's been pretty much a deer sanctuary because it's closed to wheeled vehicles and no one else walks back that far.

So while walking in in the dark, all of a sudden here's a truck which passes me and that's driving all over, and finally parks on the highest elevation on the section. Sitting up in the bed of the truck they really had a commanding view of the area. There's literally nowhere I can go and not be within their sight. I almost turned around and went somewhere else, but instead I said screw it, I'm going anyways.

As I walked by the truck they whispered some greetings, and I in turn muttered some expletives in their direction. Not long after daylight I glassed a broken up buck making his way down a dry creek bed and knew when he stepped out they'd see him. I'd passed this buck up several times already looking for something bigger but I decided I was going to shoot this buck, just so these [bleep] didn't get him.

Anyways, I shot the buck. I gutted the buck, hooked him up to a drag rope and started the long drag out of there. The guys in the truck start driving toward me - I was so angry they were breaking the law I'd prepared a speech I was going to lay on 'em with some vitriol when they got closer. They pulled up alongside me and before I said anything, they enthusiastically started congratulating me and offered to help with the deer.

As it turns out the KDWPT had started a program where disabled hunters were given special permission to drive into areas normally off limits to wheeled vehicles.

It was an older man and his nephew. The older gentleman was wheelchair bound and his nephew had made a way to get his wheelchair up in the bed of the truck so his uncle could get out and enjoy his long lost favorite past time of deer hunting.

They were some really nice guys. And after getting the buck back to my truck I even bought them breakfast. I never told them my initial thoughts or why I shot that buck, of course.

But, I tell you, it was a lesson learned and I was both humbled and ashamed by my thoughts and actions that day.

Originally Posted by Bristoe

Yeah, I've got alot of experience with alot of hunters. I've known very few that were near as honest as they claim to be or like to think they are. You know the type. They proclaim hatred for poachers yet fill their wife's/daughter's/grandmother's tags every year even though it's illegal. They find someone elses stand hung near where they wanted to hang a stand so they steal it. They trespass on land they know they shouldn't be on and try to run others off by telling them they've got exclusive permission and instructions from the owner to run anybody else off. Hell, I've run into all of them. Heard their stories over and over again at work, in sport shops, at sportsmens club meetings and have been present to witness it first hand many times.

George
I don't hunt with those folks. I only hunt with family and a few close friends who I've known since grade school. The rest are just guys you run into when out hunting. You run into alot here when you hunt all over and as often as I have.
Thanks for sharing that.
Posted By: efw Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
I’ve hunted with a few dickheads. I have a middle of the road method that works well. I arrange camp on public land with guys I know well. You piss someone off you don’t get invited back. We hunt so far in, and go in early, & come out late enough that we don’t often see other people they’re on the outskirts pushing deer to us.

My ex brother in law comes to mind tho he had a heavily strained relationship with his father with whom I hunted too which explains some of his dickheadery. Such as when, on my first deer hunt since leaving home for college, I shot a nice buck. They’d offered me their best spot which I politely declined before finding out they’d not shot a buck in over a decade due to the old “do what you’ve always done get what ya always got” mentality. He saw my buck on the pole as his dad walked by chuckling and shaking his head and instead of excitedly congratulating me as I would have had the roles been reversed, he cursed and went off the other direction. Another time he was doing the same thing he’d always done and I offered to have him sit in a place I could push but he whined so much about the cold (no [bleep] Sherlock it’s late November in Michigan!) that I said f-it let’s go home after which he whined asking if I was mad. Never again that was it for me.

Another guy used his scope to verify my identity. He got a through ass reaming and kicked out of camp with the strong suggestion he retake hunter Ed and pay attention so he doesn’t kill someone.

Last fall I took my 10 yo daughter out onto some public I know and scouted around. There was no sign of anyone using the area (even tho its public I won’t sit on top of anyone else) so we built a blind. Marian was super excited and I really thought we had a good spot but when we returned some dousche had torn our ground blindto bits and scattered the parts all over. I have always had excellent luck sitting next to trees I can stay very still even in uncomfortable conditions so I sat there on opener w/o my blind but didn’t get to sort the issue of public land etiquette with that dickhead. Others I saw in that are were very courteous & respectful at least to my face.

I really haven’t had a ton of issues and have found that by hunting public I can move to a better spot when trouble finds me anyway I’m not bound to a geography.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Well....I sprayed Deer Repellent around some stands last year, then I carved up several saplings to look like a super hot rubline, kicked out a couple of scrapes, one near where dude parked his ATV.

Man they were hunting it hard.

hahahaha

Maybe I'm the dickhead

Then I booted em, told my uncle they smelled like marijuana and could be a liability, he agreed
Posted By: moosemike Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18

Yeah, people stealing my shyt is my fault you azzhole. And I've been reading your posts long enough to know you're an azzhole and a crybaby too.

Thanks for proving me right. wink

He's just living up to his name.
Posted By: Lennie Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
I’ve been pretty lucky. Most of the guys I have been on leases with were nice guys. The first lease I was on had a couple that would show up with no groceries and no beer or have a six pack and expect to drink all weekend. I was on a couple of others that were all great guys. I had a 1000 acres I leased with two great guys for 25 years. The lease I’m on now has two MF’s that whine about everything. I’m thinking about shooting them.

Have you ever hunted with a dickhead??? I know some of you all hunt public land, maybe you don’t encounter dick heads??

I'll trade you hunting buddies. I gave two with same name, believe or not, their names are Richard Noggin.
Posted By: widrahthaar Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Why is it the people that act the most badass on here,tell the most stories about people walking all over them in real
Life?
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
Why is it the people that act the most badass on here,tell the most stories about people walking all over them in real
Life?

Who are the people who act most badass?
OK genius, lets hear how people stealing my stands, threatening to shoot my dog and trying to run me off family land is my fault ? Keep in mind I didn't know any of these azzholes from Adam beforehand. Didn't know the bowhunter was there till he started yelling from his stand to "get that damn dog out of here or I'll shoot it, I'm trying to deer hunt here".. Come on you smarmy azzhole, tell me. I gotta hear this. My wife just started deer hunting two years ago. Being inexperienced, I've put up blinds for her pre season on the neighbors land across the road two years running and both years they were gone when she went to sit them on opening day. We have permission to hunt there and we're the only ones who do. I suppose those missing blinds are my fault too huh, genius ? 3 or four years ago I went hunting with my best friend and hunting partner on HIS LAND. We were walking in on a tractor road when a guy on a four wheeler comes racing up to us. He says he's a personal friend of the owner and we're going to have to leave because he doesn't want anybody but him hunting it. My buddy just smiled and said "that's funny, I'm the owner and I don't remember telling you that, in fact I don't know you at all and I think you'd better leave ". My fault again right there Mr. Genius ? What a fuggin dumbazz you are.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
i've hunted with a few dickheads. rarely more than once. i hunted one time with some guy that was the dad of one of my kids friends. he talked a good game about hunting and he had a "special" spot to share. i was totally unfamiliar with the area and we drove probably an hour or more to get to it. before daylight we drove in and it was all prime woods. gorgeous property. nobody else on it. deer everywhere right off the bat. and then i walked down onto a gravel trail and ran into some mountain bikers who gave me a ration of schit. turned out i was on a nature preserve. i about schit. just about then this knucklehead gut shot a doe and it came running up by me and when i peeked over the edge of the hill i could see a swing set and playground. turned out it was a school zone. i was so fuggen mad i wanted to kill this son of a bitch. he never said anything about any of this. worst part was we were in my truck. i was mad, embarrassed and scared for what could have happened all at the same time. thank god we got out of there without trouble. i left the doe run off and was sick over it for a long time afterwards. i learned a valuable lesson that day and one i have passed on to my kids. never hunt somewhere you don't know well and never hunt with someone you don't know real well and whom you've seen handle guns. fugg just thinking about it now makes me mad still and that was probably 15 years ago.
OK genius, lets hear how people stealing my stands, threatening to shoot my dog and trying to run me off famil land is my fault ? Keep in mind I didn't know any of these azzholes from Adam beforehand. Didn't know the bowhunter was there till he started yelling from his stand to "get that damn dog out of here or I'll shoot it, I'm trying to deer hunt here".. Come on you smarmy azzhole, tell me. I gotta hear this. My wife just started deer hunting two years ago. Being inexperienced, I've put up blinds for her pre season on the neighbors land across the road two years running and both years they were gone when she went to sit them on opening day. We have permission to hunt there and we're the only ones who do. I suppose those missing blinds are my fault too huh, genius ?

I don't know ya.

Maybe you got reason to be,...a lot of us do,....but you should try not being pissed off all the time.

It's un-relaxing.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18

I would bring your brand
Life?
I think most here do most of their hunting in a nice little protected bubble. You know, they hunt posted, private land that nobody they don't know or aren't related to hunts besides them. Get out on heavily hunted land with lots of strangers and trespassers and the unpleasant encounters go up.
Posted By: add Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Life?

Who are the people who act most badass?

For Int'l Assassins?

Quoting Sir Chuck has got to be a Top 5...

Like Chuck Norris says “The best defense is not to offend”.
OK genius, lets hear how people stealing my stands, threatening to shoot my dog and trying to run me off famil land is my fault ? Keep in mind I didn't know any of these azzholes from Adam beforehand. Didn't know the bowhunter was there till he started yelling from his stand to "get that damn dog out of here or I'll shoot it, I'm trying to deer hunt here".. Come on you smarmy azzhole, tell me. I gotta hear this. My wife just started deer hunting two years ago. Being inexperienced, I've put up blinds for her pre season on the neighbors land across the road two years running and both years they were gone when she went to sit them on opening day. We have permission to hunt there and we're the only ones who do. I suppose those missing blinds are my fault too huh, genius ?

I don't know ya.

Maybe you got reason to be,...a lot of us do,....but you should try not being pissed off all the time.

It's un-relaxing.
That post was meant for that big puzzy Mike74. I admire how laid back you are Bristoe. Envy it even. Maybe someday when I retire I'll be able to emulate it just a little.
Life?
I think most here do most of their hunting in a nice little protected bubble. You know, they hunt posted, private land that nobody they don't know or aren't related to hunts besides them. Get out on heavily hunted land with lots of strangers and trespassers and the unpleasant encounters go up.

I hunt a lot of public land.............when I’m not hunting with ‘family’ doing drives I tend to get back far enough that I’m alone. Getting “back” pretty much eliminates azzwholes. IME, they’re lazy.
Life?

You're about the most provincial poster on the 'Fire. Funny that.
Life?

I hunt a lot of public land.............when I’m not hunting with ‘family’ doing drives I tend to get back far enough that I’m alone. Getting “back” pretty much eliminates azzwholes. IME, they’re lazy.
I did the "get away from the crowds" thing on big tracts of state land for alot of years. Now with bad knees and other health issues I've been staying right close to home the last few years. Got a couple surgeries scheduled before the end of the year that will hopefully restore my abilty to range out.
Posted By: deflave Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18

I’m always open to learn new tricks but have learned from the Masters. Despite what one might gather of me from forum postings, I’m so polite in person to avoid trouble. Like Chuck Norris says “The best defense is not to offend”.

I bet.

Plus you hunted and killed the most wanted men in the world for a living. So you're like super interesting.
Life?

I did the "get away from the crowds" thing on big tracts of state land for alot of years. Now with bad knees and other health issues I've been staying right close to home the last few years. Got a couple surgeries scheduled before the end of the year that will hopefully restore my abilty to range out.

I'm thinking hunting doesn't need to be part of the equation to drop you into the "dick head" category. You're the greatest pistol smith nobody has ever heard of and you can't even find your way out of that POS state you call home.
Life?

I'm thinking hunting doesn't need to be part of the equation to drop you into the "dick head" category. You're the greatest pistol smith nobody has ever heard of and you can't even find your way out of that POS state you call home.
OMG, says the Floridian. Hows them iguana's taste there scooter ? I've got plenty of hunting right here close to home and lizards ain't part of it. Lots of good pistol smiths out there you never heard of working for outfits like Colt, Wilson, Les Baer etc... If you weren't such a clueless dumbazz you'da figured that out by now.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Well....I sprayed Deer Repellent around some stands last year, then I carved up several saplings to look like a super hot rubline, kicked out a couple of scrapes, one near where dude parked his ATV.

Man they were hunting it hard.

hahahaha

Maybe I'm the dickhead

Then I booted em, told my uncle they smelled like marijuana and could be a liability, he agreed

Hahahaaa!!!
Life?

No I hunt only public land in PA with the pumpkin patch and I don't have any of the problems you do. Mostly because I don't have your pizz poor attitude.
Keep paying those New York State taxes Capt. Pistol smith.
Keep paying those New York State taxes Capt. Pistol smith.

His kind belong in NY. They make up most of the population there.
The title of this thread sounds like a cable TV program that comes on at 3:30 AM.

"Hunting With Dickheads",....with your host Pekkerneck Turner.
Keep shootin them iguana's and thinkin you're special Scooter.
Blackheart are you confused.

You’re saying everyone that hunts in your area is a dickhead but then you brag about being there.

No wonder you’re so bitter.
Life?

No I hunt only public land in PA with the pumpkin patch and I don't have any of the problems you do. Mostly because I don't have your pizz poor attitude.
The folks who've stolen my stands/blinds don't have a clue who I am or what my attitude is. Retard.
Do you hunt with Johnny Loco?
Blackheart has at least 50 decades of deer hunting experience, you dickweeds need to pay more attention.
Life?

The folks who've stolen my stands/blinds don't have a clue who I am or what my attitude is. Retard.

If you don’t know who stole them, how do you know that’s the case?

Johnny Loco would have already killed him...
Blackheart are you confused.

You’re saying everyone that hunts in your area is a dickhead but then you brag about being there.

No wonder you’re so bitter.
I've met hunters from all over and they're dishonest, self centered, thievin' dicks in general. Around here it's probably a little worse than other places because we get so many non residents from Long Island, NYC, Jew Nersey and Massivetwoshits.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Who would bury the body under the stand then?

R-E-T-A-R-D

LMFAO.....
Life?

I've caught two of them and they were strangers to me. I'm pretty sure I know who took my wifes blinds too. They're from Mass. and have a hunting camp that borders the neighbors property. I've seen them come to the property line and turn back several times when they saw me. I know they trespass when I'm not there by the boot prints. They don't have permission to be on that property.
Posted By: add Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18

A Serious Dynamic Duo, in play....
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18

Damn.

Not at all unusual in the Southern half of NY. Almost any piece of private ground will have at least 3-5 people hunting it per 100 acres. Some more than that. One 160 acre tract I hunted years ago regularly had 10 guys hunting it. I killed a buck there by 8:00 am on opening day every year I hunted it. One year out of the 10 of us that hunted it we took 8 bucks and 17 does off that 160 acres. My uncles farm was 147 acres and It wasn't at all uncommon to have 8-10 guys hunting it on opening day. Of course it wasn't posted and everybody in the area knew they could hunt there. Some areas in central and Western NY are way over populated with deer. As many as 50-100 psm according to DEC. The problem is they can't be controlled because it's private ground and many of the landowners won't allow hunting. But if you can get permission in one of those areas wooohoo. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

We have 55 members but only about 15 or so hunt. Lots of non-resident members. By the second week there are only a handful of us up there. It's about 90% woods. We don't lease, we own the whole thing. I think there's only 1 club in our area that has more land than we do. The success rate is pretty low but we eat well and have a hell of a good time! Truth be known, it's kind of like a geriatric frat club.
I hunt with slumlord fairly often
But I also lone wolf it alot.
Hunt public lands

Places others won't and places they can't put 2 and 2 together from deer sign.

Your average opening weekend of ml and rifle season "hunters"
are schmucks around here.
After the 2nd of rifle season most give up....

Late season satellite bucks way outta their normal areas looking for mid to late December
doe in heat can show up at any time
And you might get a shot at a buck you would never had seen in the November rut.

If I know of a core group of does and their established area
And no one else knows of em.
Them does are perfectly safe being around me
I have been in places on public lands where the does have the attitude "oh it's just that human dude again, pay him no attention

Having educated does around you is the worst thing possible if you want to kill bucks.
An educated group of does is my worst nightmare in the fall

I personally get ticked off at people giving deer and turkey a free PHD in humanology.

I also get pissed off at baiting Sonsabytches from shoot house,s here in TN where it's 100%
Illegal , that think and proclaim what great hunters they are.
One of the reasons I got banned on Tndeer was busting clique type fuggers chops about that crap on forums
And calling one of their moderators a bulldyke card carrying lesbian didn't help either
Hahahahahaaa!!!!

You can't kill em in front of the tv also.....
Some more of those "honest hunters" who bait where it's illegal. We've got plenty of those here too. But gosh, hunters are all such fine, upstanding citizens.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18

I only cause an inconvenience to dickheads and jokers, but a “hunting accident” isn’t usually prosecuted.

Originally Posted by renegade50
Hunt public lands

Late season satellite bucks way outta their normal areas looking for mid to late December
And you might get a shot at a buck you would never had seen in the November rut.

I have been in places on public lands where the does have the attitude "oh it's just that human dude again, pay him no attention

Having educated does around you is the worst thing possible if you want to kill bucks.

I personally get ticked off at people giving deer and turkey a free PHD in humanology.

I also get pissed off at baiting Sonsabytches from shoot house,s here in TN where it's 100%
One of the reasons I got banned on Tndeer was busting clique type fuggers chops about that crap on forums
And calling one of their moderators a bulldyke card carrying lesbian didn't help either
Hahahahahaaa!!!!

Thank you. Are you inviting Steelhead to deer camp ? Do you have a big buck saved for me?
Hunt public lands

Hahahahahaaa!!!!

That trailer park bulldyke banned me....about 6 times. lol

Hey didn't you sell her a treadmill?

She give you some warm tapioca puddin when you delivered it????

I only cause incontinence to dickheads and jokers, but a “hunting accident” isn’t usually prosecuted.

Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Hunt public lands

Hahahahahaaa!!!!

Thank you. Are you inviting Steelhead to deer camp ? Do you have a big buck saved for me?

In case you have never noticed ....
I don't respond to you....
But since I am right now.

Chances are pretty good im betting you are one of those no skill TN shoot house corn baiting types I speak of.

Have a nice evening.
Hunt public lands

Hahahahahaaa!!!!

Who,is the bull dyke at tndeer?

I only cause an inconvenience to dickheads and jokers, but a “hunting accident” isn’t usually prosecuted.

I've thought about having a "hunting accident" a time or two myself but haven't.

Yet.
Haven’t we all
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Hunt public lands

Hahahahahaaa!!!!

In case you have never noticed ....
I don't respond to you....
But since I am right now.

Chances are pretty good im betting you are one of those no skill TN shoot house corn baiting types I speak of.

Have a nice evening.

thank you for more of your clear as mud insight. Good evening.
Probably.
Posted By: Mac284338 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
When all you have is a hammer, everything begins to look like a nail...
Hunt public lands
Hy

Hahahahahaaa!!!!

That's how I figured out she was a bulldyke .
Plain as day....
That treadmill wasn't gonna get used by that card carrying blob
But I took her 150 bucks.
Tapioca pudding sick crazy laugh
Posted By: paint Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
I guess I’ve been lucky. I’ve only seriously hunted with maybe a half dozen buddies in over 35 years of hunting and I’d hunt with any one of them again. I mostly hunt alone except for a couple of public land draw hunts with a couple buds, and we get along fine, and hunted together enough that we know what to expect of one another.

I hunt public land about half of the time here, and honestly haven’t had many problems with folks. Usually it’s just someone accidentally walking in on me and they exit quickly with an apology. I don’t believe people want to ruin my hunt any more than I’d want to ruin theirs. No harm, no foul. I do avoid the typical crowded openers on public if possible, or hunt out of the way spots to avoid other hunters.

The one thing I do like about public though, is that you don’t have to worry about losing your place to hunt. Private can have its fair share of problems.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Life?

Or, maybe they know exactly who you are............
Posted By: reivertom Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
The guy that owns the property I hunt on has gotten rid of several "slugs" that would never help or contribute. All they had to do is help out a couple days a year, put some money in for food, etc., and leave the place the way they found it, and they would have a place to hunt from now on. The owner has just a few easy rules to follow, and they couldn't even do that. They were always there on opening day all gung-ho, but never when it was time to clean our cut weeds. I appreciate having a free place to hunt, so I don't mind helping out.
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Life?

Or, maybe they know exactly who you are............
You're grasping at straws for the outcome you'd like to imagine. Most of the stands I've had stolen were taken 20-40 miles from where I live. I'm not known far and wide and even if I were, there's no reason for anybody to steal my stands unless they're just scum. I don't steal other peoples stands, nor do I crowd other hunters, bait, ride ATV's through the woods, beat up anybody's grandma, fugg their wives or anything else. I hunt deer and mind my own business.
It’s about time for more hunting camp ninja stories.
Easiest way to look at a deer camp / club / lease is time and money.

Either you got time or money. Guy i hunt with is busy with work. Drops off feed and seed by the pallet. Brings a tractor.
All works out.

Now the ones that are busy, and don’t have money..... and bitch..... well....
Posted By: 65465Mo Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
If I'm hunting with a dickhead I figure its my own fault because I only hunt along.
If I'm surrounded by dickheads in the woods I realize I accidently wandered into NY and scurry my butt back across the PA line.
Last year I got in a lease in Alabama. They were short on members as older guys that had been been in for 20 years were unable to get in due to health reasons. A few of us from Florida got in. We had a just 5 members on 3000 acres. Kind of expensive with only 5 members especially since we are 10 hrs away. And only able to enjoy it about 3 weeks a year. Things went very well. We bought guests and 5 of them decided to get in this year. There seems to be unwritten rules about what you can shoot and when. This troubles me as
This can cause friction between those who think they are managing a big buck area and those that just are there to enjoy and kill a deer.
I would prefer that they either have a rule or not.
Im one of those guys that dont care what the others do. Im happy if they are happy. Im hoping we dont end up with any dickheads.
Did we get any murder confessions out of JohnnyLoco or Blackheart?

A hunting partner thought he could eat my oatmeal once.

ONCE.

Well this one time at deer camp....
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Fishing buddy used my toothbrush one morning,

Dude has no use for a toothbrush now..............
Posted By: smokepole Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
One time a guy in camp borrowed my toilet paper, so I kicked his ass so bad he couldn't walk!

Then I realized he was my guide and we were the only ones in camp, boy did I feel silly.
Posted By: duckster Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Stories like these are why we have scrimped and saved to have our own land
I know that anger well, and work hard to avoid it. Each property I have written permission to hunt gets a day visit before hunting season, and I walk the perimeter with the owner and a GPS. Later, the GPS gets downloaded to a laptop and the property lines made permanent the reloaded to the GPS.
I got chased out of a tree stand by a man with a shotgun and a bad temper, because the stand was over land I had written permission for, but the majority of the roots were just over the property line. No one told me these neighbors were fighting with each other, and I could have been shot for it. I was never in his property, but I never want to get that close to the lines again.
Eventually he calmed down enough to allow me to come back and hunt his property during bow season, but didn't want anyone near by during deer gun. Legal or not, I wasn't going to argue the facts with a shotgun aimed at me.
If I'm surrounded by dickheads in the woods I realize I accidently wandered into NY and scurry my butt back across the PA line.
I used to work in Pa.. There are as many dickheads there as there are in NY.
I just got back from a Special Ops “Tavern Meeting” at Yuengling in Pottsville, I thought PA folks were ok.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
I just got back from a Special Ops “Tavern Meeting” at Yuengling in Pottsville, I thought PA folks were ok.

They provide you with a new eye dropper and a fresh container of Botulism? I also make a hunting sandwich you’d kill for...😎😁
Posted By: Stricks Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Originally Posted by smokepole
One time a guy in camp borrowed my toilet paper, so I kicked his ass so bad he couldn't walk!

Then I realized he was my guide and we were the only ones in camp, boy did I feel silly.

Yup... been there too, except it was fishin and my guide wanted to hold my rod. Well it's been recorded so y'all can have a gander..

Posted By: MadMooner Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Originally Posted by smokepole

Nighty night, guide man!

Lol.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Originally Posted by duckster

Stories like this reinforce my aversion to going anywhere east of So. Dakota for hunting or anything else.

mike r
Originally Posted by Beaver10

They provide you with a new eye dropper and a fresh container of Botulism? I also make a hunting sandwich you’d kill for...😎😁

That would work too slow, I need someone to go into gut convulsions within 40 minutes. There are at least two substances off the shelf that will always work fine.

I make my sandwiches, not “take” cool

We discussed upcoming events at the Tavern meeting. Oh, and drank lots of Oktoberfest beer too.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by duckster

Stories like this reinforce my aversion to going anywhere east of So. Dakota for hunting or anything else.

mike r

That's good, we don't need anymore out of state hunters or tourists here.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
Johnny, you’d be “hoot” to have at a hunting camp where some swarmy, alligator armed, drunk assed, loud mouth was carrying on flipping schit to others...I would be playing “Rock-Paper-Scissors” with you on who gets to set him up for a nap or hemorrhoids...😎
Posted By: 10at6 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
You guys are giving "Hunting " a bad name
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Johnny, you’d be “hoot” to have at a hunting camp where some swarmy, alligator armed, drunk assed, loud mouth was carrying on flipping schit to others...I would be playing “Rock-Paper-Scissors” with you on who gets to set him up for a nap or hemorrhoids...😎

I was raised a barefoot poacher on the Bayous and River Deltas of the South, I experienced the ignorant arrogance first hand then joined up and delt with over twenty years of multi-national interservice banter. I can deal with them but as they say, “I carry it too far” which I remind them is spoken like a bitch.

I can make a 4wheeler engine stop running on the return trip from a hunting spot and you should see what I can do with a hack saw.

God made me a poop magnet but he also made it where I can handle it.
I can make a 4wheeler engine stop running on the return trip from a hunting spot and you should see what I can do with a hack saw.

[Linked Image]
I've only had one bad experience. When I first moved to Mn. I got asked to hunt by a guy I was working with. It was to be me, him, his dad and one other guy. I learned real fast that his father's idea of hunting was for everyone else to dog for him, and for him to sit on his ass and do all the shooting. The next thing that came to my attention, was the fact that the other guy was only along to supply a tag for the kid's dad. This guy had had a head injury and shouldn't have been carrying a firearm no way no how. The third thing that came to light was that the dad couldn't read, as he blatantly went past NO TRESPASSING signs to enter areas he literally told me he didn't have permission to enter due to past arguments with the property owner. (Imagine that) Last but not least, he purposely drove his truck through a tree top that had been cut down to block a road. He was a braggart, and a liar, and I never went near that group again.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I've only had one bad experience. When I first moved to Mn. I got asked to hunt by a guy I was working with. It was to be me, him, his dad and one other guy. I learned real fast that his father's idea of hunting was for everyone else to dog for him, and for him to sit on his ass and do all the shooting. The next thing that came to my attention, was the fact that the other guy was only along to supply a tag for the kid's dad. This guy had had a head injury and shouldn't have been carrying a firearm no way no how. The third thing that came to light was that the dad couldn't read, as he blatantly went past NO TRESPASSING signs to enter areas he literally told me he didn't have permission to enter due to past arguments with the property owner. (Imagine that) Last but not least, he purposely drove his truck through a tree top that had been cut down to block a road. He was a braggart, and a liar, and I never went near that group again.

Sounds like every Disney movie ever made with hunting involved. Barbie. The fox and the hound both showcase every hunter as lying, cheating. Law breaking, a UK who can't shoot.
(Disney was an anti-hunter)
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18
I've had very few problems while hunting! Our party, all family hunt public land. Given the chance we've hunted private, always on invite from the owner. Having things stolen from the woods is concerning, and should be to everyone! My guess is the hunting area is frequented, by the usual suspects. I'm sure it's great hunting small acreages, I've just never been exposed or confined to that process. I can't even imagine not walking anywhere I want while hunting! Yes there are dickheads around, I just look at the source and go my own way! It seems that lots of people have problems, or few people have lots of problems! I sure hope everyone has a great time out hunting this year. I know I will! By the way the family Nick named me [bleep] years ago!
Posted By: Sykotik Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/19/18

Most of us ain't half bad. Turning the old creamery into a gift shop was an interesting project.
Hope you got a chance to meet Dick. That man has no filter.
Originally Posted by Heym06
I've had very few problems while hunting! Our party, all family hunt public land. Given the chance we've hunted private, always on invite from the owner. Having things stolen from the woods is concerning, and should be to everyone! My guess is the hunting area is frequented, by the usual suspects. I'm sure it's great hunting small acreages, I've just never been exposed or confined to that process. I can't even imagine not walking anywhere I want while hunting! Yes there are dickheads around, I just look at the source and go my own way! It seems that lots of people have problems, or few people have lots of problems! I sure hope everyone has a great time out hunting this year. I know I will! By the way the family Nick named me [bleep] years ago!
here where I'm at, the problems associated with "dickheads" can also be attributed to larger parcels being dissected and suburbanized. My right now situation involves a couple of small tracts. One, 49 acres- seems ridiculously small in comparison to what others hunt, however it was-still kind of is...a dynamite little spot- based on geography and habitat. Problem is...people who have built homes on 2 acre lots with my parcel being sort of their communal back yard. Most are non-hunters. But I recently had one methodist preacher fellow assume the woods behind his house was a great spot for his 35 yr old still working at napa auto parts counter son to erect a tower blind.

I didn't know he had that stand till about mid ways through the season. I had wondered why the deer movement had been 'off' from what it had predictably been for 25 years prior.

A simple cordial visit, knock on the door and walking the 'good preacher' down into the hardwood and showing him the iron post marking the boundary was the meat of the encounter. I was diplomatic about it. But the guy had to know he was in the wrong. The stand was gone after two more weeks.

I have no idea what may have been killed.

Not sure if that would qualify as a dickhead move, either way. Just typical of the way people are. Entitled attitudes.
Posted By: duckster Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/20/18
Fewer and fewer people have any family or connections to rural land and the hunting, so they are scrambling for spots to hunt. Doesn't excuse them, however for trespassing.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/20/18
If you truly love to hunt sans interference or people issues, try to get your home located where you can go out the back door and do it. It may require some sacrifices, but there are bonuses as well.
Posted By: Boyd45 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/20/18
I did several times but life is too short. Told a friend NOT to invite me if the dickhead would also be there. I'd rather hunt alone, and often do.
Posted By: hanco Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/20/18
Bad people can suck the fun out of anything. I call the FUNSUCKERS
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/20/18
Y’all must be hunting with this guy.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hanco Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/20/18
Wow, Big dickhead!
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Hunting with dickheads - 08/20/18
I hunt with a guy that I use to consider a dickhead (know-it-all), but we managed to work it all out and now we are pretty good buds.

I also use to hunt with a guy that was my neighbor and I thought we were pretty good friends, until I shot a pretty nice whitetail buck that he was looking for, prick wouldn't even help me drag it down to the truck. After that episode I never hunted with him again and we eventually got into a knock down drag out, which didn't end well for him. Haven't seen nor talked to him in over 30+ years.
© 24hourcampfire