Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart
But if you can get permission in one of those areas wooohoo.

Drop off a copy of any one of Patrick McManus' books to the land-owner or property manager, and you'll have made a friend for life...

Where there's a will.....

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve hunted with the good, the bad and the ugly. Hunting in south Texas is expensive to say the least. Most people hunting there are used to giving orders not taking them. My last few years was with some friends I had hunted on several ranches with. 5 of us had a 4500 acre pasture of. 36000 acre ranch. Best fun I ever had hunting. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

They still try, but they wake up just after supper if they do, sleepyheads they are.

I’m serious about my huntin, had a fella lock my J-lock and he went to sleep like Rumple Stilskin, thought I’d killed him. Another guy thought it funny to steal my sandwiches, he fell asleep on the side of the red dirt road right where he ate it. Lost count of those who pooped their guts clean from three drops of “food poisoning”. These are grown men and they should know better.

I’m probably the most benign, helpful, quiet, safe, and thoughtful of a hunting partner one could get.

Man oh man. Hunting with J-lock equipped 700's and dick heads that purposely disable your firearm sounds like a lot of fun.

Sounds your like assassin days really paid off for you.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
We have 10 on a 1000 acres. That’s crowded enough. Can’t imagine 55. You must be in the piney woods.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You never see a man's true character until you have hunted or fished with him.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
You never see a man's true character until you have hunted or fished with him.

I've read this twice now and I'm wondering WTF you guys are doing on your hunting and fishing trips. LMAO.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
My hunting partner thinks I am a dikhead but she has been tagging along for 46 years now. If I was alone who would tell me that it is cold and what calls sound best on my E-caller. It is fun to wake her at 0400 and to make her think we are lost in a snowstorm.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ninety five percent of the people in this world are just plain ass holes. I've had run in's with many of them on both public and private land over the years but no, I don't hunt with any.

If you are one of those people that thinks it is everybody else, I'm pretty sure it's mostly just you.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Mike74
Ninety five percent of the people in this world are just plain ass holes. I've had run in's with many of them on both public and private land over the years but no, I don't hunt with any.

If you are one of those people that thinks it is everybody else, I'm pretty sure it's mostly just you.
It isn't me stealing other peoples tree stands or threatening to kill their dog or climbing into their stand on opening morning or trying to kick them off their own families property. Dickhead.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It isn't me stealing other peoples tree stands or threatening to kill their dog or climbing into their stand on opening morning or trying to kick them off their own families property. Dickhead.

Uhhh, where are your tree stands and dogs when these things are happening?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never had the opportunity or occasion to hunt on a "lease" or private land designated for limited use that includes me. 99% of all of my hunting has been on public lands or, more recently, on/adjacent to our own little place. I had a turkey/varmint hunting buddy up here for about 5 years until he passed prematurely, and had some enjoyable deer/elk hunts occasionally with a fine friend and his fine son many years ago - but that pal passed away too. My choice has been to almost always hunt solo. If you hunt alone and don't like the person you are hunting with, you are in trouble.

Once in a while I have encountered a fully qualified jerk out there, but that normally has been on or near roads or the popular campsites. It seems that most of the jerks don't want to work hard enough to get far from the roads and into prime country - so I haven't experienced them there.

After viewing this thread, it appears that the lone-wolf approach may have saved me a bunch of hassles.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave

Uhhh, where are your tree stands and dogs when these things are happening?
The stands that were stolen were on relatives, friends and neighbors property. All of which I had permission to hunt and put stands on. My beagle was running rabbits with me on state land during open season in October. Bow season is also open in October and it was a dickhead bowhunter who threatened to shoot her for ruining his hunt by running rabbits near his stand.. I offered to bury his dead body under his stand if he did and he decided he didn't want to shoot her that bad after all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

They still try, but they wake up just after supper if they do, sleepyheads they are.

I’m serious about my huntin, had a fella lock my J-lock and he went to sleep like Rumple Stilskin, thought I’d killed him. Another guy thought it funny to steal my sandwiches, he fell asleep on the side of the red dirt road right where he ate it. Lost count of those who pooped their guts clean from three drops of “food poisoning”. These are grown men and they should know better.

I’m probably the most benign, helpful, quiet, safe, and thoughtful of a hunting partner one could get.

Man oh man. Hunting with J-lock equipped 700's and dick heads that purposely disable your firearm sounds like a lot of fun.

Sounds your like assassin days really paid off for you.

I’m always open to learn new tricks but have learned from the Masters. Despite what one might gather of me from forum postings, I’m so polite in person to avoid trouble. Like Chuck Norris says “The best defense is not to offend”.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I hunt solo on public land. Get 1/4 mile or more off the road and I rarely see anyone at all. I've never met another hunter that far off the road that was a dickhead. Last Fall while hunting in an area that required me to be drawn I did see a jogger right before dark. This area is criss crossed with lots of hiking and biking trails and is only open for hunting about 8 days each year. Locals use it a lot, including myself. It is a great place to hike and ride my bike. But they are supposed to stay away during hunts. Apparently this guy didn't get the message.

I could have made a call and gotten a warden there and he would have been charged. He, and his dog ran less than 50 yards from me and never saw me. I debated being a dickhead and giving him a piece of my mind. But the dog would have started barking and it would have ruined any chances of killing a deer. I let him run on past and still had 15-20 minutes of legal light. I did kill a small buck from the same spot right at sunup the next morning so I probably made the right call. A confrontation right before dark would have probably ruined my chances the next day. Which was the last day of the hunt.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Yeah this veteran assbag is from Ohio.

No shidt?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I bring a case of beer every year and I dont drink

I’d be the guy bitchin it’s the wrong brand.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Says Capt. Sleepytime 3-drops!!!!!!!

LOL

You’d be a blast at camp, if I could convince you it was everyone but me fugkin with you.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yessir

Bought my nephew a grape snowcone and proceeds to tell my uncle oh poor him he doesnt have any place to deer hunt, All the while he has priority call in status at Fort Campbell's 55,000 acres of back training areas. Even handicapped areas for mthfkers who have voices in their head.

4 yrs of him and buddy hunting and they have not been able to kill even a doe. We are a Unit L designation (3-does per day allowable)

Couple of times i have detected the smell of 'the chronic' on him while asking him where the hell he planned to hunt for the day.

Either way, he is booted. I kicked em out back early this year.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
With a couple of very rare exceptions, I hunt alone.

I don't like people, let alone those with attitudes or an unwillingness to pull their weight.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I've been reading your posts long enough to know the problem isn't with "95% of the people in the world". The problem is with you.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1936M71, 219DW, 260Remguy, 57 invisible), 1,740 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,109
Posts18,522,761
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.