Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't hang out with dickheads,......hunting or anything else.

In todays world, avoiding every dickhead can cause a person to be lonely,....but I'll take lonely over hangin' out with dickheads.

Besides,...back during my hunting years, I considered it a solitary endeavor.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just can’t believe he’s from OH.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I bring a case of beer every year and I dont drink

I’d be the guy bitchin it’s the wrong brand.

lol taste like slitze.....

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Hell, in Austin they hunt for Dickheads!

I mean actual dick heads!!!

Last edited by kaywoodie; 08/18/18.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Mike74
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Ninety five percent of the people in this world are just plain ass holes. I've had run in's with many of them on both public and private land over the years but no, I don't hunt with any.

If you are one of those people that thinks it is everybody else, I'm pretty sure it's mostly just you.
It isn't me stealing other peoples tree stands or threatening to kill their dog or climbing into their stand on opening morning or trying to kick them off their own families property. Dickhead.

I've been reading your posts long enough to know the problem isn't with "95% of the people in the world". The problem is with you.

Yes indeed Mike 74. Funny how all the rest of us are crazy.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hunting and fishing are so personal to me, it's really hard to think about going with someone other than my son or a couple of best friends.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Hunting and fishing are so personal to me, it's really hard to think about going with someone other than my son or a couple of best friends.

Agreed. Family and good friends.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ninety five percent of the people in this world are just plain ass holes. I've had run in's with many of them on both public and private land over the years but no, I don't hunt with any.

If you are one of those people that thinks it is everybody else, I'm pretty sure it's mostly just you.
It isn't me stealing other peoples tree stands or threatening to kill their dog or climbing into their stand on opening morning or trying to kick them off their own families property. Dickhead.

I've been reading your posts long enough to know the problem isn't with "95% of the people in the world". The problem is with you.
Yeah, people stealing my shyt is my fault you azzhole. And I've been reading your posts long enough to know you're an azzhole and a crybaby too.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Wrapids

Yes indeed Mike 74. Funny how all the rest of us are crazy.
Most hunters are thieving, lowlife, dickheads. And they will deny it to God himself until they're blue in the face.

Last edited by Blackheart; 08/18/18.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Most hunters are thieving, lowlife dickheads.

You sure you're on the right forum?

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Most hunters are thieving, lowlife, dickheads. And they will deny it to God himself until they're blue in the face.

You’re attracting the wrong folks, I guess.

The folks I hunt with don’t fit any of that criteria.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by NH K9

George

I know you ain't a meth head and I doubt you hunt with them.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Correct on both counts........though I’m finding myself pretty much immune to caffeine anymore. I’m looking for something a bit better 😀

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, I've never hunted with dickheads, but I'm pretty particular about who I hunt with. I've ran into some pheasant hunters before that have been pretty catty.

Once, regretfully, I was a dickhead to some other hunters. Long story, but here goes - I was hunting a large piece of Corps Of Engineer ground. For as many years as I can remember it's been pretty much a deer sanctuary because it's closed to wheeled vehicles and no one else walks back that far.

So while walking in in the dark, all of a sudden here's a truck which passes me and that's driving all over, and finally parks on the highest elevation on the section. Sitting up in the bed of the truck they really had a commanding view of the area. There's literally nowhere I can go and not be within their sight. I almost turned around and went somewhere else, but instead I said screw it, I'm going anyways.

As I walked by the truck they whispered some greetings, and I in turn muttered some expletives in their direction. Not long after daylight I glassed a broken up buck making his way down a dry creek bed and knew when he stepped out they'd see him. I'd passed this buck up several times already looking for something bigger but I decided I was going to shoot this buck, just so these [bleep] didn't get him.

Anyways, I shot the buck. I gutted the buck, hooked him up to a drag rope and started the long drag out of there. The guys in the truck start driving toward me - I was so angry they were breaking the law I'd prepared a speech I was going to lay on 'em with some vitriol when they got closer. They pulled up alongside me and before I said anything, they enthusiastically started congratulating me and offered to help with the deer.

As it turns out the KDWPT had started a program where disabled hunters were given special permission to drive into areas normally off limits to wheeled vehicles.

It was an older man and his nephew. The older gentleman was wheelchair bound and his nephew had made a way to get his wheelchair up in the bed of the truck so his uncle could get out and enjoy his long lost favorite past time of deer hunting.

They were some really nice guys. And after getting the buck back to my truck I even bought them breakfast. I never told them my initial thoughts or why I shot that buck, of course.

But, I tell you, it was a lesson learned and I was both humbled and ashamed by my thoughts and actions that day.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Most hunters are thieving, lowlife dickheads.

You sure you're on the right forum?
Yeah, I've got alot of experience with alot of hunters. I've known very few that were near as honest as they claim to be or like to think they are. You know the type. They proclaim hatred for poachers yet fill their wife's/daughter's/grandmother's tags every year even though it's illegal. They find someone elses stand hung near where they wanted to hang a stand so they steal it. They trespass on land they know they shouldn't be on and try to run others off by telling them they've got exclusive permission and instructions from the owner to run anybody else off. Hell, I've run into all of them. Heard their stories over and over again at work, in sport shops, at sportsmens club meetings and have been present to witness it first hand many times.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NH K9

George
I don't hunt with those folks. I only hunt with family and a few close friends who I've known since grade school. The rest are just guys you run into when out hunting. You run into alot here when you hunt all over and as often as I have.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for sharing that.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I’ve hunted with a few dickheads. I have a middle of the road method that works well. I arrange camp on public land with guys I know well. You piss someone off you don’t get invited back. We hunt so far in, and go in early, & come out late enough that we don’t often see other people they’re on the outskirts pushing deer to us.

My ex brother in law comes to mind tho he had a heavily strained relationship with his father with whom I hunted too which explains some of his dickheadery. Such as when, on my first deer hunt since leaving home for college, I shot a nice buck. They’d offered me their best spot which I politely declined before finding out they’d not shot a buck in over a decade due to the old “do what you’ve always done get what ya always got” mentality. He saw my buck on the pole as his dad walked by chuckling and shaking his head and instead of excitedly congratulating me as I would have had the roles been reversed, he cursed and went off the other direction. Another time he was doing the same thing he’d always done and I offered to have him sit in a place I could push but he whined so much about the cold (no [bleep] Sherlock it’s late November in Michigan!) that I said f-it let’s go home after which he whined asking if I was mad. Never again that was it for me.

Another guy used his scope to verify my identity. He got a through ass reaming and kicked out of camp with the strong suggestion he retake hunter Ed and pay attention so he doesn’t kill someone.

Last fall I took my 10 yo daughter out onto some public I know and scouted around. There was no sign of anyone using the area (even tho its public I won’t sit on top of anyone else) so we built a blind. Marian was super excited and I really thought we had a good spot but when we returned some dousche had torn our ground blindto bits and scattered the parts all over. I have always had excellent luck sitting next to trees I can stay very still even in uncomfortable conditions so I sat there on opener w/o my blind but didn’t get to sort the issue of public land etiquette with that dickhead. Others I saw in that are were very courteous & respectful at least to my face.

I really haven’t had a ton of issues and have found that by hunting public I can move to a better spot when trouble finds me anyway I’m not bound to a geography.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well....I sprayed Deer Repellent around some stands last year, then I carved up several saplings to look like a super hot rubline, kicked out a couple of scrapes, one near where dude parked his ATV.

Man they were hunting it hard.

hahahaha

Maybe I'm the dickhead

Then I booted em, told my uncle they smelled like marijuana and could be a liability, he agreed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yeah, people stealing my shyt is my fault you azzhole. And I've been reading your posts long enough to know you're an azzhole and a crybaby too.

Thanks for proving me right. wink

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 1,809 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,102
Posts18,522,368
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.