Home
Posted By: Steelhead Measles - 02/08/19

"A measles outbreak in Washington state prompted Gov. Jay Inslee to declare a state of emergency on Jan. 25.

As of Thursday, 55 cases have been confirmed this year, most of them in unvaccinated children under age 10. The outbreak's epicenter is Clark County, Wash., just north of Portland, Ore.

Measles is a highly contagious disease that can result in brain damage, deafness and, in rare cases, death. In 2000, measles was declared eliminated from the United States, thanks to widespread vaccination campaigns.

Yet cases have popped up in 11 states so far this winter, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is tracking three outbreaks (defined as three or more confirmed cases) in New York City, New York state and Washington state.
Read Gov. Inslee's Declaration Of A Public Health Emergency Amid The Measles Outbreak

Vaccination rates around 90 to 95 percent are generally enough to prevent an outbreak, according to health officials, but rates have fallen across the United States.

One factor is the spread of misinformation about the measles vaccine, which is considered safe and effective by health authorities.

Vaccination rates in the Pacific Northwest are among the lowest in the nation. While all school-age children are required to receive the MMR vaccine, which protects against measles, mumps and rubella, Washington is among the 17 states that allow "philosophical exemptions," meaning a parent can excuse a child from being vaccinated for virtually any reason."

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ases-mount-in-pacific-northwest-outbreak
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Measles - 02/08/19
I bet those same parents feel the need to eliminate peanuts from school, but not vaccinate. A very preventable situation, I hope the kids all pull through OK...and I'd not hate the parents being held accountable if they didn't vaccinate by choice.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Measles - 02/08/19
I don't understand people who don't get their kids vaccinated !
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Measles - 02/08/19
Christian Scientists’ influences on the March.

We don’t need no stinking vaccinations.

Sad and so preventable.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Measles - 02/08/19
How did the children contract measles? They must have been exposed to measles in their environment to get measles.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
How did the children contract measles? They must have been exposed to measles in their environment to get measles.

Well,,,,,,yeah.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Measles - 02/08/19

Yep. Was reading lots of parents don't want to go outside with their babies, since they can't get vaccinated until 1 or so.

People are so fugging stupid.

Right now, there ain't a school opened in 4 surrounding counties here because of so much flu. Our county and neighboring county have been closed since Tuesday because of the flu.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Measles - 02/08/19
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Well,,,,,,yeah.

shocked crazy
Posted By: hanco Re: Measles - 02/08/19
I had red measles and German measles when I when young. I don’t really remember being sick.
Where did the measles come from?
Where did the measles come from?

From the many that didn't get vaccinated. This sheit ain't complicated.
Some people may suffer from severe complications, such as pneumonia (infection of the lungs) and encephalitis (swelling of the brain). They may need to be hospitalized and could die. As many as one out of every 20 children with measles gets pneumonia, the most common cause of death from measles in young children.

CDC
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Measles - 02/08/19
Aren't you a guy that thinks pot should be legal and that there shouldn't be any hunter orange laws?
Originally Posted by hanco
I had red measles and German measles when I wed young. I don’t really remember being sick.

I remember it well.

Went with dad to the grocery one night and was to wait in the truck. Got tired of waiting and went in with my pajamas on, spotted like a Brittany and people were running from me. Dad just picked me up and back in the truck I went.
Posted By: K22 Re: Measles - 02/08/19
And those who's children were vaccinated have nothing to worry about. They can't get them................right???.................hhmmmmm.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Aren't you a guy that thinks pot should be legal and that there shouldn't be any hunter orange laws?

Aren't you the twin that was partially aborted?
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Measles - 02/08/19

Mexicans.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Measles - 02/08/19
Originally Posted by Whelenman

The yoga instructor knows best.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Measles - 02/08/19

There's a theory that the MMR causes Autism. It's totally unproven, but there's a lot of parents that are scared of it.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Measles - 02/08/19
Case 1 in the outbreak was from out of country.

Mexicans.

Yep. Both words start with the letters “Me.....”
That’s the commonality.

Mexicans.

^^^THIS^^^

I guarantee that 99% of the illegals haven't been vaccinated.
CDC tells people not to eat Romaine lettuce because of listeria, everyone throws out their Romaine.

CDC says get the MMR vaccinations and everyone says it's a government conspiracy to harm their children.
Posted By: Allen917 Re: Measles - 02/08/19
I remember having the measles, mumps and chicken pox. Still have a little pox scar on the side of my nose. To us, that was just part of growing up, cause everyone had them. I know that an unfortunate few have longterm disabilities, but it must have been pretty rare.
People watching too many retarded azz You Tube videos.
Posted By: deflave Re: Measles - 02/08/19
Oh the irony of a retard trying to prevent autism by exposing their kid to the deadliest diseases known to man.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
CDC tells people not to eat Romaine lettuce because of listeria, everyone throws out their Romaine.

CDC says get the MMR vaccinations and everyone says it's a government conspiracy to harm their children.

Or to sterilize black folks.
As long as people travel they should be having their children vaccinated.
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

Mexicans.

^^^THIS^^^

I guarantee that 99% of the illegals haven't been vaccinated.

Which is why all the legals should get vaccinated, but I guess they gotta learn, but they won't.

There's a theory that the MMR causes Autism. It's totally unproven, but there's a lot of parents that are scared of it.

Yep, complete horse hockey...but someone will believe anything.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Case 1 in the outbreak was from out of country.

And probably also case 2, case 3, case 4,..............................................
From Wiki

Measles affects about 20 million people a year, primarily in the developing areas of Africa and Asia.[6] No other vaccine-preventable disease causes as many deaths. In 1980, 2.6 million people died of it,and in 1990, 545,000 died; by 2014, global vaccination programs had reduced the number of deaths from measles to 73,000. Rates of disease and deaths, however, increased in 2017 due to a decrease in immunization

Or to sterilize black folks.

That "tinhat" conspiracy cost North Carolina lots of money. It also included white folks.
Apparently one child was "from out of the country" and came in contact with a number of un-vaccinated children and it took off. I believe all but the first case was contracted domestically.
Apparently one child was "from out of the country" and came in contact with a number of un-vaccinated children and it took off. I believe all but the first case was contracted domestically.

That’s all it takes.
Sounds like a good reason to control who comes and who goes in the country.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Measles - 02/08/19
It appears he vaccine came out in 1963. My age group mostly had the illness, I'm sure I did.
Yep. Especially out here where there is a huge immigrant population amongst a large and growing population of complete retards.

It may have something to do with fetal cell tissue and mercury.
Sounds like a good reason to control who comes and who goes in the country.

But Jove, you’re right. Again.
I know that when I had to leave the country I felt like pin cushion but I had no choice. I was told I would do this or that. But that was suppose to be mostly for my protection.
Originally Posted by K22

I'm sure there is a You Tube video all about it.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Measles - 02/08/19
had all that stuff when i was a kid mumps both kinds of measles, chicken pox's.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Measles - 02/08/19

It came from a British MD who published a biased and statistically manipulated study that tried to demonstrate that the vaccine caused autism. The statistical manipulation was blatant and the study was withdrawn from the publication it appeared in but the damage was already done. This fiasco cost him his medical license.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Measles - 02/08/19

Snowflake logic, no rhyme or reason especially reason.
Half the videos on utube are fake.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Measles - 02/08/19

Yep. Was reading lots of parents don't want to go outside with their babies, since they can't get vaccinated until 1 or so.

People are so fugging stupid.

Right now, there ain't a school opened in 4 surrounding counties here because of so much flu. Our county and neighboring county have been closed since Tuesday because of the flu.

I got a flu shot last year when I was supposed to and still got the flu. Caught it on New Year's Day. Must have been a strain one of these scumbag south americans brought up with them.
Stop going to walmart.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Measles - 02/08/19

Mexicans.

That’s the commonality.

You have wetbacks coming over, putting kids into public schools with NO immunizations or records of such required, because they don't exist...

And couple that with idiots not vaccinating their kids.

Perfect storm.
+1
Posted By: MILES58 Re: Measles - 02/08/19
Originally Posted by Allen917
I remember having the measles, mumps and chicken pox. Still have a little pox scar on the side of my nose. To us, that was just part of growing up, cause everyone had them. I know that an unfortunate few have longterm disabilities, but it must have been pretty rare.

In the case of Measles and Mumps it was not all that rare, there just wasn't a vaccine for measles until 1963. Chicken pox is less likely to have major complications but is more bothersome. Measles is extremely contagious. More on the order of Smallpox in terms of contagion.
Originally Posted by K22

I'm sure there is a You Tube video all about it.

Youtube, MSM, whats the difference?
With most folks vaccinated against measles and other diseases, flu included, what is the fear if others aren't? Or is it just a control issue.
Originally Posted by K22
With most folks vaccinated against measles and other diseases, flu included, what is the fear if others aren't? Or is it just a control issue.

Would you care if someone killed your kid? Kids can't get the vaccine until a certain age, so if the rest of the population ain't vaccinated then your kid could get it.

But whatever, let everyone die, who gives a fugg.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Mexicans.

That’s the commonality.

You have wetbacks coming over, putting kids into public schools with NO immunizations or records of such required, because they don't exist...

And couple that with idiots not vaccinating their kids.

Perfect storm.

Well aware of it.
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by Allen917

In the case of Measles and Mumps it was not all that rare, there just wasn't a vaccine for measles until 1963. Chicken pox is less likely to have major complications but is more bothersome. Measles is extremely contagious. More on the order of Smallpox in terms of contagion.

Chicken pox and shingles later in life. Get the shingles vac. Not a guarantee but better odds you won’t get it.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Unchecked immigration
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Measles - 02/09/19
My son is an RN in Seattle. He has lots of unpleasant things to say about parents who won't vaccinate their kids. He sees a lot of sick kids from neglect. He sent me this chart of the vaccination rates of schools in Seattle. I've never figured out why Christians are so often anti-vaccination. God gave researchers the brains to develop vaccines and he expects us to keep our kids safe. They're shoving God's gift in his face.

Sorry it's so hard to read. I tried to post a larger copy but the board wouldn't accept it. You can open it in a new tab and enlarge it from there.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: K22 Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Originally Posted by K22

Would you care if someone killed your kid? Kids can't get the vaccine until a certain age, so if the rest of the population ain't vaccinated then your kid could get it.

I fully understand the emotional and group think.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Measles - 02/09/19
https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-03...-cultures-from-aborted-fetal-tissue.html

Soylent Green?
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Measles - 02/09/19

See the helicopter thread.....
Posted By: Vek Re: Measles - 02/09/19
I ran some volume and proportion numbers once...an adult dose proportional to the 6 vaccines scheduled for a 2-month-old and generally delivered in one sitting, amounts to over 1/4 cup. I proposed that once for the gal pediatrician and she got huffy. The worst is two HepB shots before 2 months for kids of mothers who are at zero risk of having same. That's bull$hit.

The CDC recommended vaccine schedule is madness. No wonder so many folks report radical physical and behavior change resulting from infant and toddler vaccinations. For kid #3 I stretched the schedule out significantly, limited repeated vaccines to 2, and did not allow more than 2 individual shots or 1 combo shot per 3-month period. I very deeply regret endangering kids 1 and 2 by more closely following the cdc plan, and hope they didn't suffer any undetected permanent neurological damage resulting therefrom.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Measles - 02/09/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Measles - 02/09/19
got the small pox and whooping cough vaccines when i was an infant at fort bliss. later in school i got the small pox again vaccine, but didn't get the sore on my shoulder like the other kids. i remember the sugar cube also, had one girl in my first grade class who had polio.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Polio was real in the 1950s.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Retardation in the PNW has been a problem for 30 years. One could only hope, sadly, that a few kids dying from measles would as the Liberals like to say “Be Woke” to the ignorance of not properly caring for your children and vaccinate them. 😎
Posted By: Calvin Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Originally Posted by Vek
I ran some volume and proportion numbers once...an adult dose proportional to the 6 vaccines scheduled for a 2-month-old and generally delivered in one sitting, amounts to over 1/4 cup. I proposed that once for the gal pediatrician and she got huffy. The worst is two HepB shots before 2 months for kids of mothers who are at zero risk of having same. That's bull$hit.

The CDC recommended vaccine schedule is madness. No wonder so many folks report radical physical and behavior change resulting from infant and toddler vaccinations. For kid #3 I stretched the schedule out significantly, limited repeated vaccines to 2, and did not allow more than 2 individual shots or 1 combo shot per 3-month period. I very deeply regret endangering kids 1 and 2 by more closely following the cdc plan, and hope they didn't suffer any undetected permanent neurological damage resulting therefrom.

It's insane how much they pump into little kids, all at once.

My kids are vaccinated, but I never did like doing it. No adverse effects. Some parents have had their kids take a crazy turn after vaccinations. Could have been purely coincidence, but if I had experienced it, who knows what I would be thinking right now.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Retardation in the PNW has been a problem for 30 years. One could only hope, sadly, that a few kids dying from measles would as the Liberals like to say “Be Woke” to the ignorance of not properly caring for your children and vaccinate them. 😎

Beaver back in the day I had a school mate and friend who died because his parents wouldn’t allow him to have a transfusion and needed medical help.

Religious reasons. How fuggin ignorant is that I ask? As a young guy this shook me to the core and I still think about it from time to time.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Mexicans.

Bingo. This is less to do with American that choose not to vaccinate (idiotic as that may be) and more about the millions upon millions of filthy illegal aliens.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Mexicans.

Bingo. This is less to do with American that choose not to vaccinate (idiotic as that may be) and more about the millions upon millions of filthy illegal aliens.

In today’s world of mobility there’s small excuse for not vaccinating. We don’t control that which can be incidental to our surroundings.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

Because you're an estrogen deprived bitch?
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Measles - 02/09/19

+1
2-3 kids in my grade school wore braces due to polio.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Religion can be unbreakable for some with their belief in the power of their faith. Harder for me to reason parents who read the web and take as gospel the words of conspiracy theorists, natural healers, movie stars, and nut cases who believe its better to not prevent certain preventable diseases through vaccines for fear they may be poisoning their kid.

Sure, every year a % of children may have a reaction that leads to a serious, debilitating illness, or death, but that can and does happen with many things throughout life.

Schit can and does happen. These are the same parents who raised their kids in helmets. Agreed that everyone should be given an award for participation and life needs to be fair for everyone. 😎

My dad had it. He was gone for 4 months between the hospital and rehab. He was one of the lucky ones who didn't have any permanent problems. When the Salk vaccine was introduced, we were 1st in line. Same for the Sabine.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

My dad had it. He was gone for 4 months between the hospital and rehab. He was one of the lucky ones who didn't have any permanent problems. When the Salk vaccine was introduced, we were 1st in line. Same for the Sabine.

Remember the Iron Lung chamber analogy ?

If you don’t take your shot, this is where you might go.

It worked.
One of my 1/2 brothers had polio as well.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Measles - 02/09/19
I heard an interview with a Doc last night, he said these anti immunization people are immigrants from Russia and Ukraine.

WTF? I thought they came over here to get with a modern country that had scientific stuff that would allow them to lead healthy productive lives.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

I remember going to the health clinic in Atlanta, Doraville actually might have been 1956, and getting that vaccine. The nurse put this sugar stuff, it was red colored, on a sugar cube, and the diminutive yard apes ate the sugar cube.
I had a class mate in high school who had had polio, what a tragedy, leg braces wheel chair etc.
I tell you what all the Moms in my neighborhood in Chamblee Geogia in 1956 were not playing games with vaccines, every yard-ape in my school got that goddam polio vaccine. Moms were scared to death of that sh*t.
The 1st vaccine, Salk, was an injection. They came out with the Sabine on the sugar cubes just a few years later. Parents were wise to be scared of polio. It's a devastating disease. Can you imagine living like this?
People died from measles, too, but the survivors don't have the crippling of polio. Measles is so easy to avoid. The chances of having a problem from the vaccine are minuscule compared to the disease.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Mom remembers the neighborhood pool closing every year with the first local case of polio. Sometimes it’d only be open a couple weeks.

She’d go with grandma to the hospital she volunteered at. Entire floors of iron lungs.

I’m waiting for an anti vaccination sort to contract rabies and refuse the vaccine. That’d be good for a chuckle.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Originally Posted by K22
And those who's children were vaccinated have nothing to worry about. They can't get them................right???.................hhmmmmm.

Originally Posted by K22

Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

You really need to educate yourself on immunization, and how it works.

It's truly a for the greater good thing.
In any group of people, certain vaccines won't be effective on a few folk.
If all of society gets immunized, those people are very unlikely to acquire the disease.
If they do, they are very unlikely to find another susceptible person to pass it to.

No epidemic.

Now, you let a bunch of third world immigrants enter our country without being screened.
Here comes Juan with Measles.
Ahmed with Tb.
And Freedom with polio.

They end up in one of these anti-vac hotbeds.
Soon, you have outbreaks of "eradicated" diseases.
Now, you bring your infected little punks to my America,
They cough, sneeze, or touch something around our kids.
Suddenly, a vaccinated kid has the disease.

And then, you use that as another excuse to not vaccinate.

YOU are the problem.

This ain't hard.
But the zealot driven, non-thinking people don't get it.

Posted By: Barkoff Re: Measles - 02/09/19

Easy to understand. My wife believes the flu shot will cause an early onset of Alzheimer’s and lower the immune system for when you get older. She can sight multiple books and studies..I make it a point to ask the opinion of every doctor I cross paths with, not one has bought in.
If somebody reads a lot, the more reading they do, the more confused they get.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Bet very few have actually read the insert paper that comes with each vaccine, and few have half a clue what half of the ingredients are.

If the government even hints at gun regulation or magazine bans, there is an uproar. But, the people blindly follow the same government guidelines on what to inject into your and your kids veins and trust everything to be tested and safe.

Posted By: MILES58 Re: Measles - 02/09/19
I am not the least bit sorry for what I have to say.

When I was a child, Polio, smallpox and tuberculosis were very real and very dangerous diseases that were not at all uncommon and not "generally" harmless. We eradicated those diseases. The protocol was simple. Mandatory screening and vaccination. IT WORKED. It saved many thousands of lives! Smallpox alone killed 300,000+ people per year. People who do not wish to participate in protecting the people of this country from that kind of disease do not deserve to live he and should not be allowed to live here in freedom. You are not free to infect someone else. The ignorant and selfish refusal to vaccinate amounts to little more than assault with intent. Legally and morally we as a society have the right to enforce the isolation of these morons from ourselves and should be doing so. Lest any of the intellectually deficient cretins who think I am FOS, you are dead wrong again. The law may not be capable of forcing vaccination. It is and has been fully capable of establishing and enforcing quarantine. It will be used again in our lifetimes.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by K22

Originally Posted by K22

Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

If all of society gets immunized, those people are very unlikely to acquire the disease.
If they do, they are very unlikely to find another susceptible person to pass it to.

No epidemic.

Now, you let a bunch of third world immigrants enter our country without being screened.
Ahmed with Tb.
And Freedom with polio.

YOU are the problem.

This ain't hard.

Actually, I have educated myself on the immunization programs. I must be reading the different information than the majority.
If everyone is doing it and the gov. is giving it away free, I don't think I want any part of it. But then, like many things I've gotten involved in, it is very
dangerous to be right if the Gov. is wrong. From experience I know that is true.
And like I've posted else where, 3 generations of no vaccines or flu shots with a 4th just getting started.
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

Originally Posted by K22
With most folks vaccinated against measles and other diseases, flu included, what is the fear if others aren't? Or is it just a control issue.[/quote

No epidemic.

Ahmed with Tb.
And Freedom with polio.

YOU are the problem.

This ain't hard.

Actually, I have educated myself on the immunization programs. I must be reading the different information than the majority.
If everyone is doing it and the gov. is giving it away free, I don't think I want any part of it. But then, like many things I've gotten involved in, it is very
dangerous to be right if the Gov. is wrong. From experience I know that is true.
And like I've posted else where, 3 generations of no vaccines or flu shots with a 4th just getting started. [/quote]

Good luck.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Measles - 02/09/19

No epidemic.

Ahmed with Tb.
And Freedom with polio.

YOU are the problem.

This ain't hard.

[/quote]

I'm not anti vaccine but this makes no sense.

What are you saying? vaccinating doesn't work?
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

Originally Posted by K22

Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

No epidemic.

Ahmed with Tb.
And Freedom with polio.

YOU are the problem.

This ain't hard.

And like I've posted else where, 3 generations of no vaccines or flu shots with a 4th just getting started.

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Imagine if .GOV had a cure for Proteus Syndrome, I guess you'd thumb your nose at that too?
Originally Posted by K22

Are you really so ignorant as to believe that living in a vaccinated society has nothing to do with that? Or are you just plain stupid? Which is it? Something like measles has an 85% infection rate. Measles can readily infect an unvaccinated individual with several hours between an infected individual leavind a space and an unvaccinated individual entering that space.

How are you going to feel when the inevitable happens and you family becomes infected and you are quarantined for 21 days?

Whether this kind of stupidity likes it or not, we and by we I mean the world, will face an infectious disease which will kill a lot of us snd our sole defense at least initially will be quarantine. This has happened to us in the past and it will happen again in the future. It is the nature of humans and disease. This is a patent definition of being either part of a solution or part of the problem. You are probably one of those jackasses who runs his mouth about liberals wanting the government to solve everything for them and here you are taking full advantage of everyone else being part of the solution and running your mouth about that.
Smallpox has been eradicated world wide. There hasn't been a verified case anywhere in the world in a couple decades. That was done largely by a strict program of vaccinations everywhere.

I fully understand the emotional and group think. [/quote]

No epidemic.

Ahmed with Tb.
And Freedom with polio.

YOU are the problem.

This ain't hard.

[/quote]

And like I've posted else where, 3 generations of no vaccines or flu shots with a 4th just getting started. [/quote]

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Imagine if .GOV had a cure for Proteus Syndrome, I guess you'd thumb your nose at that too?

[/quote]

So if your kids were vaccinated against Proteus & Clove Syndrome and mine wasn't, why are you worried? Yours can never get it right.

And seat belts, started driving without one, didn't even have them in vehicles then.
K22 you are full of [bleep].

The very young, the very old, the immune compromised are all much less effectively vaccinated and you have a lot of damn gall preaching a philosophy that it's OK to not vaccinate based on choice or claiming you understand vaccination.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Measles - 02/09/19
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

Originally Posted by K22
With most folks vaccinated against measles and other diseases, flu included, what is the fear if others aren't? Or is it just a control issue.[/quote

No epidemic.

Ahmed with Tb.
And Freedom with polio.

YOU are the problem.

This ain't hard.

Good luck.[/quote]

Good for you! The vaccine argument is very weak at best. Their facts and statements discredit one another.

The best immunity for chicken pox and measles is to get it, with an uncompromised immune system, let your body get over the disease, and then you have a true immunity.

Or, if you prefer, take a modified strain of the disease, inject it into your body with aluminum, chemicals, and other ingredients provided for the purpose of lowering your own body's defenses, and then be in worry that you will someday get the disease anyhow from someone else. And we wonder why diseases mutate?
Posted By: kroo88 Re: Measles - 02/09/19

Do you understand the meaning of the word “liberty”?
Originally Posted by MILES58
K22 you are full of [bleep].

The very young, the very old, the immune compromised are all much less effectively vaccinated and you have a lot of damn gall preaching a philosophy that it's OK to not vaccinate based on choice or claiming you understand vaccination.

Emotional Drama. crazy

It is so unfortunate that this country has gone so far into Democracy that individualism is no longer thought of as good. Group think, mob rule, also known as Democracy has taken over the Republic. Logic is no longer tolerated while emotional thinking is the new norm.
I guess it is just to hard to see the forest with all those damn tree's in the way.
Freedom, self governed, naw, that is now kicked to the curb as the majority now rules.
And we wonder what happened to the country. Propaganda now rules in this country and has for many years now.

"Trust me, I work for the Government. I'm here to help you." crazy Oh, and the shots are free.....................Next.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Measles - 02/09/19
I dont remember when anti-measles vaccine was developed, I remember measles was common among kids my age in the 1940's. I had measles at about 9 years old , it damaged my eyes and I have needed to wear glasses the rest of my life as a result.

PS, I believe there is a difference between Liberty and Anarchy.
some of these dumb [bleep] are not old enough to have seen what some of this crap can do to one of their friends or siblings.
Some folks are just easy marks. A couple YouTube videos and a few books by fringe idiots and they’re convinced.

More than ever, it is apparent not all the world is ready for the inner webs.
To be clear, I do not support mandatory vaccination.

Both on principle and the fact certain actions, or lack of, make some folks easy to spot.
some of these dumb [bleep] are not old enough to have seen what some of this crap can do to one of their friends or siblings.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Measles - 02/10/19
As a proponent of individual freedom, I also believe in individual responsibility.

The concept of “herd immunity” is important in public health.

When the percentage of immunized individuals in a population drops to a critically low number, the propensity for a serious disease outbreaks goes way up.

So what do you do. There has to be a balance.

DF
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Measles - 02/10/19
Here is some data/education from the CDC:

Crude death rates 1900-1999. Read the graph.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm4829.pdf
Death rates from childhood diseases dropped off dramatically before vaccines were developed, mostly due to better hygiene, sanitation and healthier diet.

Again, from the CDC ie. history of measles and vaccines.
https://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/history.html

"In the 9th century, a Persian doctor published one of the first written accounts of measles disease.

Francis Home, a Scottish physician, demonstrated in 1757 that measles is caused by an infectious agent in the blood of patients.

In 1912, measles became a nationally notifiable disease in the United States, requiring U.S. healthcare providers and laboratories to report all diagnosed cases. In the first decade of reporting, an average of 6,000 measles-related deaths were reported each year.

In the decade before 1963 when a vaccine became available, nearly all children got measles by the time they were 15 years of age. It is estimated 3 to 4 million people in the United States were infected each year. Also each year, among reported cases, an estimated 400 to 500 people died, 48,000 were hospitalized, and 1,000 suffered encephalitis (swelling of the brain) from measles."

How many killed in car crashes each year nationally during that same decade? Not trying to diminish any deaths regardless of cause but things need to be kept in context.

The american medical industry now kills far more people each year according to this study by Johns Hopkins https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/new...w_third_leading_cause_of_death_in_the_us
which corroborates several other independent studies done previously.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Measles - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by stxhunter

You can say that again. 😁
Posted By: K22 Re: Measles - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Here is some data/education from the CDC:

Crude death rates 1900-1999. Read the graph.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm4829.pdf
Death rates from childhood diseases dropped off dramatically before vaccines were developed, mostly due to better hygiene, sanitation and healthier diet.

Again, from the CDC ie. history of measles and vaccines.
https://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/history.html

"In the 9th century, a Persian doctor published one of the first written accounts of measles disease.

Francis Home, a Scottish physician, demonstrated in 1757 that measles is caused by an infectious agent in the blood of patients.

In 1912, measles became a nationally notifiable disease in the United States, requiring U.S. healthcare providers and laboratories to report all diagnosed cases. In the first decade of reporting, an average of 6,000 measles-related deaths were reported each year.

In the decade before 1963 when a vaccine became available, nearly all children got measles by the time they were 15 years of age. It is estimated 3 to 4 million people in the United States were infected each year. Also each year, among reported cases, an estimated 400 to 500 people died, 48,000 were hospitalized, and 1,000 suffered encephalitis (swelling of the brain) from measles."

How many killed in car crashes each year nationally during that same decade? Not trying to diminish any deaths regardless of cause but things need to be kept in context.

The american medical industry now kills far more people each year according to this study by Johns Hopkins https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/new...w_third_leading_cause_of_death_in_the_us
which corroborates several other independent studies done previously.

You beat to it SBTCO. Good post.
I'm at work so its hard to post everything with getting interrupted.

As a proponent of individual freedom, I also believe in individual responsibility.

The concept of “herd immunity” is important in public health.

When the percentage of immunized individuals in a population drops to a critically low number, the propensity for a serious disease outbreaks goes way up.

So what do you do. There has to be a balance.

DF

DF,

If child is vaccinated for measles, chicken pox, ect. but my children are not and they come to school with the measles, the vaccine protects the other children from being infected, correct. And since that has to be the case or the vaccine program is faulty, then why would anyone be worried if my children have the measles?
And just so you know, I used this very argument with the Schools Attorney's. My children never got vaccinated and not one of my 7 ever contracted any of the diseases the other children did even though the others were vaccinated against those diseases.
I know adults who have gotten measles, ect. and they were vaccinated to prevent that from happening. This can go on for ever. Then you have the flu shots and all those who still get the flu. The argument to be shot up with who knows what is not very sound especially when you really look at the history of vaccines and diseases.
My individual responsibility is very sound, but I'm not to sure about those who follow the herd.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Measles - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

+1
Originally Posted by Prwlr

+1

And how old would one have to be? Is 67 old enough?
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Measles - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by K22

+1

No slamming at you but age and wisdom don’t always correlate. Age only means a fellow has a wrinkled nut sack and has to pee 4 times a night.

But you pay your money and you take your chances.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Measles - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by K22

+1

then you must not be as bright as you think you are or led a sheltered life.
Originally Posted by K22

+1

No slamming at you but age and wisdom don’t always correlate. Age only means a fellow has a wrinkled nut sack and has to pee 4 times a night.

But you pay your money and you take your chances.

grin
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Measles - 02/10/19
Its 2019.

Some mommy,s in long denim skirts don't realize it.......

And god is telling em vaccines are the debil probably....

And their kids die.

The USA aint supposed to be some 3rd world schitt hole....
Originally Posted by K22

+1

then you must not be as bright as you think you are or led a sheltered life.

I could maybe agree with you if it were true that vaccinating wiped out diseases or at least was a real preventive against them, but unfortunately that has not been the case. Even the CDC, a Gov. funded organization, has stated this. If my parents, my siblings and me, my children, and my grandchildren had contracted any of these diseases, possibly died, were physically affected by them, ect. if this were the case and I refused to believe in vaccinations, then yes, I would be dumb [bleep]. But this not the case. There were a couple of kids in my school that were crippled with one wearing a brace. Polio was the cause. They had been vaccinated.
Calling my life sheltered is humorous at best. shocked grin
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Measles - 02/10/19
This is not a game. These diseases can do terrible things.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Measles - 02/10/19
Wow. Vaccines have not had an affect on communicable disease?

And I thought the Q stuff was silly.........

You play with serpents out there?
Posted By: sierraHunter Re: Measles - 02/10/19
This is a question for all parents. We all deserve full and honest information and a full informed consent. I find comments on this topic showing an acceptance by many of what the government and media have said are good for all. Should we believe this without detailed facts. Many times we are a similar opinion of our "group good/benefit" by the government and media on anti gun, anti hunting, what rights we can prove we need etc. I don't think many of us just believe the opinion when it doesn't match the facts.

Yes, there can be benefit from vaccines. But that is not the entire true facts of the issue.

From the HRSA (division of the US Dept of Health and Human services) website for claims filed and compensated or dismissed by Vaccine 1 as of the date September 3, 2013.

Total deaths 1,117. Most from the DTP shot at 696. Hep B - 53. HPV - 11. Influenza (Trivalent) was 65. Measles 19. MMR was 57. OPV (Oral Polio) was 28.

The HRSA government website ceased posting the statistics in 2015. A total of $3.1 billion has been paid between 1998 and June 1, 2015. All of this $3.1 billion was paid from government funds from a tax that all of us pay for each and every vaccine.

As of March 30, 2018, the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (created by Congress and Public Law 99-660) had paid $106.5 million, just during 2018, for 283 claims since the beginning of the 2018 fiscal year. Total compensation paid over the life of the vaccine injury compensation program is approximately $3.7 billion.

The CDC estimates that only about 10% of adverse events are even reported.

Dr. Julie Gerberding, the former CDC director, went on to become the president of Merck vaccines, heading up a $5 billion global vaccine market.

I have read the studies from Dr. Wakefield in England and he did not in fact even draw the conclusion that Autism from from the vaccinations. His specialty was internal medicine and he concluded there were enough gastro intestinal issues related to the vaccinations that there should be a study done. Yes, the Lancet, British medical journal, removed his research and a flap ensured where his license was taken. Later the courts concluded his research did not have the flaws in it, but it was never republished.

If someone wants all parents to believe they are safe and effective then they need to provide actual research. There are too many unanswered questions in my opinion.

Want to read some original research that would indicate we not be getting all the true facts. (a small sampling, and these are not just a bunch of anti vaxers, but a variety of published research)

Sharpe MA, Livingston AD, Baskin DS. Thimerosal-derived ethylmercury is a mitochondrial toxin in human astrocytes: possible role of Fenton chemistry in the oxidation and breakage of mtDNA. Journal of Toxicology vol. 2012, (2012)

J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2010;73(24):1665-77. doi: 10.1080/15287394.2010.519317.

Gallagher CM, Goodman MS. Hepatitis B vaccination of male neonates and autism diagnosis, NHIS 1997-2002. Toxicological and Environmental Chemistry. Volume 94, Issue 8, 2012

Brown IA, Austin DW. Maternal transfer of mercury to the developing embryo/fetus: is there a safe level?

Seneff S, Davidson RM, Liu JJ. Empirical Data Confirm Autism Symptoms Related to Aluminum and Acetaminophen Exposure. September 24, 2012

Kawahara M et al. Effects of aluminum on the neurotoxicity of primary cultured neurons and on the aggregation of betamyloid protein. Brain Res. Bull. 2001, 55, 211-217

Redhead K et al. Aluminum adjuvanted vaccines transiently increase aluminum levels in murine brain tissue. Pharacol. Toxico. 1992, 70, 278-280

Singh VK, Lin SX, Newell E, Nelson C. Abnormal measles-mumps-rubella antibodies and CNS autoimmunity in children with autrism. J. Biomed Science. 2002 Jul-Aug;9(4):359-64.[19]James J, Culter P, Melnyk S, Jernigan S, Janak L, Gaylor DW. Metabolic biomarkers of increased oxidative stress and impaired methylation capacity in children with autism. Am J Clin Nutr December 2004 vol. 80 no. 6 1611-1617
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Measles - 02/10/19
SBTCO,

I researched this a bunch before my oldest was born.
And was really anti-vac, but wanted info before I made a decision.
I could find no solid reason not to immunize.
Yes, there will be problems,
Yes, some may have suffered from vaccinations.

Life is a crap shoot, odds and statistics rule.

Your kids are less likely to suffer from vacination than if not.

Yes, I was saying some individuals can't be immunized.
The vaccines don't work on them. (Just as some are naturally immune)

Without repeating my whole post, it's called herd immunity.

If everyone in a city gets vaccinated, and 3 people aren't immunized,
There will be no sick people to infect the 3. (Effectively, they are immune)
If someone brings the disease in, and one of the 3 gets sick, no one else will catch it.
If another of the 3 dies get it, there is only one potential victim left.
No epidemic.

So yes, by the hippies not vaccinating their kids,
They are a threat to everyone else.

Is my info correct or propaganda?
Who the heck knows. I dont trust the government.
But I sure as he'll don't trust the new age Swammi Salami types either.
We have a local chiropractor who is outspoken about a vaccinations and
"Modern medicine", he makes a mint selling tons of non tested, non regulated, (natural? It's not tested!)
health supplements.

Is he smarter than the CDC? The "real" docs? Or is he just making a fortune selling stuff?
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Measles - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by K22

I could maybe agree with you if it were true that vaccinating wiped out diseases or at least was a real preventive against them, but unfortunately that has not been the case. Even the CDC, a Gov. funded organization, has stated this. If my parents, my siblings and me, my children, and my grandchildren had contracted any of these diseases, possibly died, were physically affected by them, ect. if this were the case and I refused to believe in vaccinations, then yes, I would be dumb [bleep]. But this not the case. There were a couple of kids in my school that were crippled with one wearing a brace. Polio was the cause. They had been vaccinated.
Calling my life sheltered is humorous at best. shocked grin

You could wipe out a disease possibly if it were not for two things...lack of vaccinations in underdeveloped countries-despite the best humanitarian efforts of caregivers from countries other than those lacking, and secondly the ones who jump the gun and quit getting vaccinated here partially due to the mistaken notion that the danger has passed. These are the EXACT two reasons that these supposedly eradicated diseases have made a limited "comeback" here.

Rocky said something about "what's next the bubonic plague". There's a case of something that there is no vaccine for and which has never been totally wiped out, even here in this country. It is just not heard of as much due to antibiotics and sanitary conditions. There are always some cases floating around with it being more prevalent out west.

Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Measles - 02/10/19
Ethan,

And the "limited" is key.
Limited is due to those who vaccinated.
If more people didn't vaccinate, limited would have instead been sever outbreaks.
So,

Those who vaccinate are saving and protecting the dumb, lazy, drags on society.

Sounds like other parasitic segments of society.

Some live off others work.
Some survive off others diligence.
How do i copy someone post and re-post it???
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Measles - 02/10/19
How do i copy someone post and re-post it???

Try the “quote” function
Ok thanks.
Ok thanks.
I got it now. Thanks Old Toot
© 24hourcampfire