Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I don't understand people who don't get their kids vaccinated !

See the helicopter thread.....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I ran some volume and proportion numbers once...an adult dose proportional to the 6 vaccines scheduled for a 2-month-old and generally delivered in one sitting, amounts to over 1/4 cup. I proposed that once for the gal pediatrician and she got huffy. The worst is two HepB shots before 2 months for kids of mothers who are at zero risk of having same. That's bull$hit.

The CDC recommended vaccine schedule is madness. No wonder so many folks report radical physical and behavior change resulting from infant and toddler vaccinations. For kid #3 I stretched the schedule out significantly, limited repeated vaccines to 2, and did not allow more than 2 individual shots or 1 combo shot per 3-month period. I very deeply regret endangering kids 1 and 2 by more closely following the cdc plan, and hope they didn't suffer any undetected permanent neurological damage resulting therefrom.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
got the small pox and whooping cough vaccines when i was an infant at fort bliss. later in school i got the small pox again vaccine, but didn't get the sore on my shoulder like the other kids. i remember the sugar cube also, had one girl in my first grade class who had polio.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Polio was real in the 1950s.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Retardation in the PNW has been a problem for 30 years. One could only hope, sadly, that a few kids dying from measles would as the Liberals like to say “Be Woke” to the ignorance of not properly caring for your children and vaccinate them. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Vek
I ran some volume and proportion numbers once...an adult dose proportional to the 6 vaccines scheduled for a 2-month-old and generally delivered in one sitting, amounts to over 1/4 cup. I proposed that once for the gal pediatrician and she got huffy. The worst is two HepB shots before 2 months for kids of mothers who are at zero risk of having same. That's bull$hit.

The CDC recommended vaccine schedule is madness. No wonder so many folks report radical physical and behavior change resulting from infant and toddler vaccinations. For kid #3 I stretched the schedule out significantly, limited repeated vaccines to 2, and did not allow more than 2 individual shots or 1 combo shot per 3-month period. I very deeply regret endangering kids 1 and 2 by more closely following the cdc plan, and hope they didn't suffer any undetected permanent neurological damage resulting therefrom.

It's insane how much they pump into little kids, all at once.

My kids are vaccinated, but I never did like doing it. No adverse effects. Some parents have had their kids take a crazy turn after vaccinations. Could have been purely coincidence, but if I had experienced it, who knows what I would be thinking right now.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Retardation in the PNW has been a problem for 30 years. One could only hope, sadly, that a few kids dying from measles would as the Liberals like to say “Be Woke” to the ignorance of not properly caring for your children and vaccinate them. 😎

Beaver back in the day I had a school mate and friend who died because his parents wouldn’t allow him to have a transfusion and needed medical help.

Religious reasons. How fuggin ignorant is that I ask? As a young guy this shook me to the core and I still think about it from time to time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Mexicans.

Bingo. This is less to do with American that choose not to vaccinate (idiotic as that may be) and more about the millions upon millions of filthy illegal aliens.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Mexicans.

Bingo. This is less to do with American that choose not to vaccinate (idiotic as that may be) and more about the millions upon millions of filthy illegal aliens.

In today’s world of mobility there’s small excuse for not vaccinating. We don’t control that which can be incidental to our surroundings.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by K22
With most folks vaccinated against measles and other diseases, flu included, what is the fear if others aren't? Or is it just a control issue.

Would you care if someone killed your kid? Kids can't get the vaccine until a certain age, so if the rest of the population ain't vaccinated then your kid could get it.

But whatever, let everyone die, who gives a fugg.

I fully understand the emotional and group think.

Because you're an estrogen deprived bitch?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

+1
2-3 kids in my grade school wore braces due to polio.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Religion can be unbreakable for some with their belief in the power of their faith. Harder for me to reason parents who read the web and take as gospel the words of conspiracy theorists, natural healers, movie stars, and nut cases who believe its better to not prevent certain preventable diseases through vaccines for fear they may be poisoning their kid.

Sure, every year a % of children may have a reaction that leads to a serious, debilitating illness, or death, but that can and does happen with many things throughout life.

Schit can and does happen. These are the same parents who raised their kids in helmets. Agreed that everyone should be given an award for participation and life needs to be fair for everyone. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

My dad had it. He was gone for 4 months between the hospital and rehab. He was one of the lucky ones who didn't have any permanent problems. When the Salk vaccine was introduced, we were 1st in line. Same for the Sabine.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

My dad had it. He was gone for 4 months between the hospital and rehab. He was one of the lucky ones who didn't have any permanent problems. When the Salk vaccine was introduced, we were 1st in line. Same for the Sabine.

Remember the Iron Lung chamber analogy ?

If you don’t take your shot, this is where you might go.

It worked.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
One of my 1/2 brothers had polio as well.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I heard an interview with a Doc last night, he said these anti immunization people are immigrants from Russia and Ukraine.

WTF? I thought they came over here to get with a modern country that had scientific stuff that would allow them to lead healthy productive lives.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

I remember going to the health clinic in Atlanta, Doraville actually might have been 1956, and getting that vaccine. The nurse put this sugar stuff, it was red colored, on a sugar cube, and the diminutive yard apes ate the sugar cube.
I had a class mate in high school who had had polio, what a tragedy, leg braces wheel chair etc.
I tell you what all the Moms in my neighborhood in Chamblee Geogia in 1956 were not playing games with vaccines, every yard-ape in my school got that goddam polio vaccine. Moms were scared to death of that sh*t.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 1st vaccine, Salk, was an injection. They came out with the Sabine on the sugar cubes just a few years later. Parents were wise to be scared of polio. It's a devastating disease. Can you imagine living like this?
People died from measles, too, but the survivors don't have the crippling of polio. Measles is so easy to avoid. The chances of having a problem from the vaccine are minuscule compared to the disease.

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mom remembers the neighborhood pool closing every year with the first local case of polio. Sometimes it’d only be open a couple weeks.

She’d go with grandma to the hospital she volunteered at. Entire floors of iron lungs.

I’m waiting for an anti vaccination sort to contract rabies and refuse the vaccine. That’d be good for a chuckle.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,167 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,563
Posts18,531,649
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.