Home
Posted By: 257heaven WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19

No matter what happens, I'm proud of my alma mater Texas Tech Red Raiders and AP Coach of the Year Chris Beard. Wreck 'Em!!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
And with good reason should you be proud. All the Big 12 is pulling for the Red Raiders this weekend.
Those boys know how to defend....
I found myself rooting for Texas last night in the NIT Championship. That’s definitely a first for me.
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

Yes they do. Old school defense.
Wow Texas really exposed David Lipscomb. My daughter is a Lipscomb Alum and I sort of thought they had a chance, but the athleticism and shooting of Texas pretty much shut 'em down. I was thinking also that that lefty Lipscomb guard, the all-time Lipscomb scorer in D1A, and was averaging 30+ at the tournament, was going to be an NBA pick . . . then Texas totally shut him down with athleticism. He could create his own shot. Never mind.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
I’m rooting for them for sure.
Posted By: SKane Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

Yes they do. Old school defense.

+2. They do indeed get after it.

Tony Bennett is a hometown guy so I'm compelled to root for VA but I can root for TT in the first round of this one. smile
I will root for TT this year.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
Keeping my fingers crossed........it's all gravy now though, considering we were picked fo finish 7th in the Big 12.
Definitely. I’ve seen some weird stuff happen in the Final Four over the years. But I do know that anything can happen now and any team can win. Hopefully, Beard won’t let the stage get too big for us.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
GO Tech.
Posted By: jbmi Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
Sorry guys, it's Michigan State all the way. Alma Mater for one of my kids, grad classes for me.
Anybody that can beat Duke, should be able to handle a bunch of cowboys. ;>)
Posted By: sse Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
we'll see
Posted By: 5sdad Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
Pulling for Tech, but Izzo has earned respect over many years.
Posted By: 16bore Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
I want them playing UVA in the championship.
I can never see UVA without thinking of that hangey-down thing in the back of the mouth.
Go Ducks!
Posted By: Brazos Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
Guns Up!
Sorry to be the spoiler on this little coffee clutch but MSU is who I am pulling for. Texas is going to be a tough game, I think it's to close to call. Might be the best game of the weekend?
257Heaven: Best of luck to you and "your" team!
I wish them well.
Sadly both my "fav's" are out of the competition now (Gonzaga and Washington).
I enjoy college sports nowadays so much more than pro-sports!
I have completely foresaken pro-basketball and pro-football and only watch the Seattle Mariners at bedtime because it puts me to sleep quickly.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: blairvt Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I can never see UVA without thinking of that hangey-down thing in the back of the mouth.

What is that?
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Go Ducks!

I find myself curiously wanting to watch the Oregon chick against Baylor. The media has talked her up for sure.
Originally Posted by kingfisher
Sorry to be the spoiler on this little coffee clutch but MSU is who I am pulling for. Texas is going to be a tough game, I think it's to close to call. Might be the best game of the weekend?

Texas was in the NIT.
Originally Posted by blairvt

What is that?

Uvula?
Originally Posted by jbmi
Sorry guys, it's Michigan State all the way. Alma Mater for one of my kids, grad classes for me.

Good luck to you and yours. I hope Izzo and the players think the same of our "cowboys".
Posted By: Quak Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19

MSU is the most over rated basketball program in the history of the sport
Originally Posted by Quak

We’ll know tomorrow.....

This is Izzos 8th final four.

Overrated my ass.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Overrated my ass.

And he’s won 1 in 7 tries.

4 Final Fours for Calipari with Kentucky. And he won 1.

Obviously not an easy thing to do.

Go Red Raiders!!!

Even though I’m the only Aggie in our family. 😎

Every one else in our family is a T-Tech Alumni.

Sure hope Texas Tech wins it all !!!
Posted By: SKane Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19

That's complete phuggin' sausage-talk.

Izzo is #5 in most all-time final four tournament appearances behind Roy Williams, Dean Smith, John Wooden and Mike Krzyzewski.
Pretty lousy company, eh? Yeah, overrated. crazy crazy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
257Heaven: Best of luck to you and "your" team!
I wish them well.
Sadly both my "fav's" are out of the competition now (Gonzaga and Washington).
I enjoy college sports nowadays so much more than pro-sports!
I have completely foresaken pro-basketball and pro-football and only watch the Seattle Mariners at bedtime because it puts me to sleep quickly.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The existence of the NFL and NBA are ruining college football and basketball.

I couldn’t agree more. IMO a college athlete is either going to work his ass of so that he can continue to play or because he’s never going to play again. This one and done stuff is ridiculous. 98% of kids don’t play sports past high school, 99% past college.

Always thought a lot of Ronde and Tikki Barbour from UVA.

I don’t discount the raw talent and work it takes for an athlete to be successful, but I reckon I’m old skool in thinking there’s value in education.
Posted By: hanco Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
It would be cool if they win it all!
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19

Overrated my ass.

Moo-U is the dallas cowboys of the NCAA mens basketball program. Texas T is gonna spank em like a rented mule. Book it baby!
I hope Texas Tech kicks the spartoon’s ass’ all he way back to east lansing. I hate state with a passion - just like they hate Michigan. **** em’.

I’ve been a season ticket holder in the Big House since 1973 - that’s the year the spartoon’s f^ucked over Michigan. We’ve hated them ever since.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
The NIT?!

The NCAA tournament takes 67 teams these days. Half the teams in it can't dribble the ball without bouncing it offa their foot.

How do you come up with a tourament made from teams that didn't make the first 67?
,...the winner of the NIT basketball tournament has a point guard with a peg right leg whittled out of a hickory ax handle.

They won because he didn't have a foot down there to dribble the ball off of.

I hear they're going to outlaw peg legs in future NIT tournaments,.......unfair advantage and alla that,....

Think Kemba Walker and Shabazz Napier. But this kid manages the game better than both in my opinion, though he lacks the speed of both. MSU is going to be very hard to beat.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Think Kemba Walker and Shabazz Napier. But this kid manages the game better than both in my opinion, though he lacks the speed of both. MSU is going to be very hard to beat.

Duke beat themselves. They panicked when they got behind and tried to force a bunch of threes. Duke was having success down in the paint but got away from it. Had they continued to drive the lane, got moo-u in foul trouble and shot twos...

Their freethrows sucked too.

Think Kemba Walker and Shabazz Napier.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: powdr Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
I hope we get a Michigan State/TT finals. Talk about a knock down drag out. It won't be a typical basketball game but it'll be a good one. I'm just glad we don't have to see Duke, Kentucky or NC. Go Big Red. powdr

My $$$ in on the Sparties . . .
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The NIT?!

The NCAA tournament takes 67 teams these days. Half the teams in it can't dribble the ball without bouncing it offa their foot.

How do you come up with a tourament made from teams that didn't make the first 67?

It's because there are many teams better than some that are in the NCAA field. The reason is automatic qualifiers from conferences that really can't compete with the power conference teams; once they are in the field, there are fewer spots for teams that are better.
I'm pullin' for Bruce Pearl. I don't really care if Auburn wins or not, but how can you not like Bruce Pearl? Some coaches get canned for enticing recruits with cash, hookers and such. But not ole Bruce. He knows what will hook any young black guy in the south - BBQ.
Pure genius I say. All he had to do was tell the truth about it. "Hell yeah I fed them bruthers some chicken...."
War Eagle!!! Hope Auburn wins out. We've never had a national champion in basketball. We have in Equestrian, swimming, and football, but not basketball.
Bruce Pearl's trail of violations and misconduct is one that Mister Magoo could follow.
Bruce Pearl's trail of violations and misconduct is one that Mister Magoo could follow.

A natural fit for AU, like peas n carrots.
Posted By: Huntr Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/05/19
Guns Up!!!! Another Tech alum here, so excited for tomorrow!
NIT...Not In Tournament
Posted By: sse Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/06/19
Originally Posted by kingfisher

or TT might choke and stay 10 pts behind the whole game

BS, first sign of weakness they drop in the ratings like a lead balloon, always been that way

Overrated my ass.

+1
Originally Posted by SKane

That's complete phuggin' sausage-talk.

Izzo is #5 in most all-time final four tournament appearances behind Roy Williams, Dean Smith, John Wooden and Mike Krzyzewski.
Pretty lousy company, eh? Yeah, overrated. crazy crazy

+1
Originally Posted by 16bore

I couldn’t agree more. IMO a college athlete is either going to work his ass of so that he can continue to play or because he’s never going to play again. This one and done stuff is ridiculous. 98% of kids don’t play sports past high school, 99% past college.

Always thought a lot of Ronde and Tikki Barbour from UVA.

I don’t discount the raw talent and work it takes for an athlete to be successful, but I reckon I’m old skool in thinking there’s value in education.

well there is the $$
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Duke beat themselves. They panicked when they got behind and tried to force a bunch of threes. Duke was having success down in the paint but got away from it. Had they continued to drive the lane, got moo-u in foul trouble and shot twos...

Their freethrows sucked too.

beat themelves... LOL!
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Overrated my ass.

Just wondering how many final 4's TT's been in?

Zero, I believe, at least none in memory; how many elite 8's, how many Sweet 16's. Sure can't recall TT ever being discussed as a contender before. 'Til Bobby Knight (GOAT) went there, did they even have a team? wink

Comparing the 2 programs basketball history for success is more or less laughable.

Having said that, TT is a good team this year, MSU has overachieved w/o their top scorer & I think the game could easily go either way.

But since I have money invested in MSU, I surely hope they win.

MM
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/06/19
It's gonna be a squeaker, unless someone has a really bad day. I'm a MI fan and since the wolverines got beat like a redheaded step child in a very embarrassing way, I hope at least a MI team moves on.

Hopefully it's a good game and it kills me but I hope the Spartans take TT.

Zero, I believe, at least none in memory; how many elite 8's, how many Sweet 16's. Sure can't recall TT ever being discussed as a contender before. 'Til Bobby Knight (GOAT) went there, did they even have a team? wink

Comparing the 2 programs basketball history for success is more or less laughable.

Having said that, TT is a good team this year, MSU has overachieved w/o their top scorer & I think the game could easily go either way.

MM

So, what does that have to do with tonight's game?
History doesn't have squat to do with tonight. Big question is is who's gonna have there game on. Hopefully TT has a bad night and they go home
Has nothing specifi to tonight's game, just responding to the ones denigrating the MSU program over the years, so just a comparison of the history of the 2 programs for quality year after year.
You know, kinda like comparing a perennial Top 10 shooter at Perry to a guy who's never been there before to put it into an analogy you might grasp easier.

MM
I understand what your saying. Past history can be an indicator but if you have a bad day.......
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/06/19
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

MM

So, what does that have to do with tonight's game?

If you're looking at past TTU success on the court, you'll look long and hard, and find a handful of them. What I do know is that we are playing really, really well right now, and nobody thought we'd beat Michigan, or especially Gonzaga either. Will we beat MSU tonight? Who knows. Will we play out asses off? You better believe it.

Same argument was made about our baseball program in the past, before Tadlock showed up as HC. 3 World Series in the last 5 years tells me that with the right leader, it can be done in Lubbock.

The underdog is sometimes a good place to be, and we've been that pretty much all year long, given the fact we were picked 7th in Big 12 in the pre season.
Game tonight is pretty even, I don't either team is a clear favorite or a clear under dog, IMO.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Overrated my ass.

MM

Did I say TTU was a blue blood like MSU? No. Was I dissing MSU? No. Damn. I'm sitting here watching the Final 3 show...really the Final 1 show and laughing out loud.

But we're used to it. No idea what's going to happen, BECAUSE we've never been there before. But if MSU doesn't win, there will be a LOT of crow eating going on post game.

We had a 30-2 season under James Dickey before Knight got there. Lost in the Sweet 16 to Georgetown/Iverson. We got in trouble with keeping up with credit hours when changing majors and it set our whole program back. But I digress.

Texas Tech gets no respect. We will see after tonight. I bet their Coach & DF have a plan to change that!
Posted By: deflave Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/06/19
NFL bad.

Black people bad.

College basketball good.

Universities good.

Campfire Moron
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Texas Tech gets no respect. We will see after tonight. I bet their Coach & DF have a plan to change that!

It will be a stepping stone for sure. Beard is young and will build on it. Hopefully we'll be back soon and often.
Originally Posted by deflave

Campfire Moron

Thanks.
3 hours till game time!
Posted By: lynntelk Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/06/19

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by lynntelk

[Linked Image]

I believe that’s a fake meme. I only heard respect from him before and after the game.
Posted By: 16bore Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/06/19
3 hours till game time!

THE game is on now....
3 hours till game time!

THE game is on now....

Naah. Just Auburn & Virginia 😜
3 hours till game time!

THE game is on now....

Naah. Just Auburn & Virginia 😜

Hope Auburn wins!
Posted By: 16bore Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/06/19
Wrongo.......
Damn! 😢 Virginia WINS!!!

Good game!

Let’s go Red Raiders! 🤠
Posted By: 16bore Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
I’ll pull for the Raiders....but only this game!!
Hard to lose like that & a tough call to make by the ref's but the Auburn kid did jump into the shooter.

Credit to the shooter for making all 3 FT's.

MM
I’ll pull for the Raiders....but only this game!!

I’m an Aggie, so I pull for the Red Raiders when they’re playing TX, OU, ND, the Suckeyes, and ANY Michigan team. 🤠

My little brother and several family members are T-Tech alumni.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Hard to lose like that & a tough call to make by the ref's but the Auburn kid did jump into the shooter.

MM

True, but the Va guy right before that dribbled the ball off his foot, then regained possession and dribbled again. As commentators pointed out, that's double dribble and Aubuirn's ball. THAT was the ballgame.....missed call. I thought the foul call was legit.
My blood runs Maize n Blue, but I told Whelenman, who was gracious enough today to wear a coat over that green thing in mixed company, that I'd cheer on little brother. Every little brother needs encouragement to succeed.

Rah.

Whelenman and MontanaMan: that's the best I could do.
Posted By: sse Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
My blood runs Maize n Blue, but I told Whelenman, who was gracious enough today to wear a coat over that green thing in mixed company, that I'd cheer on little brother. Every little brother needs encouragement to succeed.

Rah.

Whelenman and MontanaMan: that's the best I could do.

uhhhh...0 - 3

They may win tonight, and never again see the Final 4. But then again, they could be a burgeoning dynasty. Who knows?

One thing for sure: a school can come out of nowhere and beat the tar outs everyone else. I was only 11 years old when Texas Western College (now UT El Paso) did just that back in '66. I was watching them in December of '65 and had a feeling about it...then sure as hell they pulled it off.
Posted By: SKane Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19

MM

Yep. 21 y/o with ice in his veins.

Can’t fault the official on the double-dribble-non-call.
When watching it live, it looked like the defender knocked it away.
Originally Posted by JGRaider

MM

True, but the Va guy right before that dribbled the ball off his foot, then regained possession and dribbled again. As commentators pointed out, that's double dribble and Aubuirn's ball. THAT was the ballgame.....missed call. I thought the foul call was legit.

Yep!
Even a blind man could see that double dribble.

Schit officiating.
Go green go white
I wanted UVA to win....but would have been upset if my team lost that way.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
It's amazing that Texas Tech even *has* a basketball program after hiring Billy Gillispie to be the coach. That fugger is nuts.

Kentucky hired him and he completely melted down after 2 years.

Maybe someday he'll find something that he's good at. But it's not basketball coaching.
Even a blind man could see that double dribble.

Schit officiating.

Even Charles Barkley didn’t know it was a double dribble in the replay.
with the way these teams play defense, it's amazing any points are scored
Posted By: jaguartx Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Has tech made only one 3 pt shot?
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Has tech made only one 3 pt shot?

Their shooting is off tonight for sure! DF is looking pretty good though.
They cant get in and cant hit from outside. Looks to me like Mi has this figured out.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Tech is in such a hurry to get set on defense, they're not even trying to get offensive rebounds, and their shooting isn't that good.
Tech leads 23 to 21 at halftime.
I see the Wendys commercial had mercy on us white guys and put the white chick with a chiiinck.

ATT has the cute blonde in the stands having her attention split by two fine looking AAs.

The Coors coms in the Rangers game today has the good looking blondes hooked up with AAs.

Oh well, their kids will at least gave Medicare. Sickermore and djs and Diddler will sleep well.

Bastids are pushing the "Blondes are dumb" agenda im sure. smirk
Posted By: Lonny Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Tech is playing some tough D once again. It looks like we are getting another tough played game by both teams.
Posted By: Morewood Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Look at you Texans. All giggly like ugly girls invited to the Senior Prom.

Go Tech!
I can’t stand that fuggin idiot Brian Gumble 🐒
They're saying Winston is having trouble, but he has 9 and his average is 19. So he's definitely on track. Culver better get off his ass and hit some shots or Tech is done.
Come on, Culver...... 0 for 7??????
Tech starting to make some shots now.

I’ll take him over his brother...

I’ll take him over his brother...

Can’t stand either one of them! 🙈
Owens is down again. Looks bad!
Yahoo!!
Tech up by 12 now with 11 minutes left!

That was painful to watch
Haha. I think Tech has them.

Haha, Mi, our AAs are bettern your AAs .
Haha. I think Tech has them.

Haha, Mi, our AAs are bettern your AAs .

🙈🙉🙊
Posted By: GregW Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Lots of time left boys ...
Is that ref an amputee or does he just run funny?
Chitt yes.
Chitt yws
Mooney!
Owens coming back out !
Chitt yess again.
Great game!
Kick their freaking yankee AA s'es.
Guns up boys! They better close em out! Mooney isn’t scared of any shot or any moment
Tech actually has a WHITE boy out there !
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Guns up boys! They better close em out! Mooney isn’t scared of any shot or any moment

Good to see ya posting Drummond!
We need a basket Ch.
TT could use about six of em right now.
Not liking this....
Hot dayom, CH. WtF.
DF better step up!!!
Posted By: Bristoe Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Izzo's starting to look like Charles Bukowski.
Wheir de defense.
Fuggers cant make a basket.
PTL. And no rim. Unreal.
The nail!
Oh Yea Of Little Faith. 🤠
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The nail!

Hahaha^^^.
Hahaha. P T L.
Its over.

Turn out the lights.

Too bad the coach aint worth a chitt.
Way to go boys! Red Raiders are gonna win it all !!!
Let the crow eating begin!! WOW!!!

I hope you're right, Neal. That would be nice to see!
The winner said, ALL GLORY TO GOD.

Amen.
The Texas version of every thing is hilarious.....Hint.

Ok, couldn’t help myself...great game. Monday night is going to be one heck of a battle..
Originally Posted by RiverRider

I hope you're right, Neal. That would be nice to see!

Me too! 🤠
HOW 'BOUT THEM RED RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!
The winner said, ALL GLORY TO GOD.

Amen.

Yep. Good kid!
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Good game, state just couldn't do it. They started coming back but.....

Congrats TT
Posted By: deflave Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Universities good.

College basketball good.

NFL bad.

NBA bad.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Very impressive.

On another note - that black placebo tape - has anyone ever had any experience with it?
HOW 'BOUT THEM RED RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Posted By: Quak Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
MSU...always the bridesmaid never the bride

1 for 9
[Linked Image]
Universities good.

College basketball good.

NFL bad.

NBA bad.

I'll agree that collegiate athletics is good. I think too much money is spent on it though...and I'll say that "professional" sports i the reason why.
Unreal. Cameras cut away when the coach and kids kneel to give praise to the Lord.
Posted By: USMC2602 Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Congrats to the Red Raiders on a great game!

1 for 9

1 is waaaaay better than 0.
Unreal. Cameras cut away when the coach and kids kneel to give praise to the Lord.

Yep. Might offend CBS snowflake fan base
Congrats to Tech...

I actually like them against VA...

Great matchup for Tech IMO....
The Texas version of every thing is hilarious.....Hint.

Ok, couldn’t help myself...great game. Monday night is going to be one heck of a battle..

Yep, on both points.

TT played a very good game, Mooney had a hot hand with the wrong guy guarding him, Izzo had his head up his azz with his lineups & couldn't adjust, & the reffing was laughable in it's inconsistency on several critical calls.

But I hope TT beats Virginia.............they should have lost the Auburn game.

MM
Posted By: Huntr Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Guns Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Tech alum is soooooooo pumped!!!! Laughing at all of the "experts" that were against us!
[Linked Image]

34-4 was a hell of a run. Congrats on a great season
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Very impressive.

On another note - that black placebo tape - has anyone ever had any experience with it?

Its my understanding on what others have told me that it makes your Johnson grow....not that I'd need that or anything.
Ought to be a great game Monday night!
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
OK State Alum here and all in for the Red Raiders. Guns up!!
Tech better get the $ out to keep Beard.....
Thanks for the cheers and thoughts, OSU.
Give him some recruits? Whewwee....
Posted By: Lonny Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Congrats to Tex Tech. They play defense so hard. They simply whipped Mich St down the stretch.

Hope Owens can get that ankle working for Monday. That guy is a shot blocking machine!
Originally Posted by GregW

You ain't kiddin' brothuh.........I'm stunned actually.

He will be the highest paid coach in the Big 12. Book it. Kirby will have it all lined out Tuesday or Wednesday.

You ain't kiddin' brothuh.........I'm stunned actually.

He's got a hold of his team. You can see it. In today's day and age, that alone is worth 5 mil, let alone what they team does....
Universities good.

College basketball good.

NFL bad.

NBA bad.

You left out calling me a moron. And the black people part.

He will be the highest paid coach in the Big 12. Book it. Kirby will have it all lined out Tuesday or Wednesday.

I won't bet against it. I've watched his whole run....what he's done with his group simply doesn't happen in this day in age....

I won't bet against it. I've watched his whole run....what he's done with his group simply doesn't happen in this day in age....

Alums will step up in a big way to keep him here. We're already building a first class practice facility for him. He is an amazing person and coach. I can't imagine what UNLV is feeling right now.

Give him some recruits? Whewwee....

He's got the 14th ranked recruiting class coming in...even before hitting the tournament. And it may get better for next year before it's said and done.

I'm rooting for them even though I'm a A&M alum....

On that note, love the Buzz hire for my boys. .
Victory bell is ringing for 2 hours straight on campus!!!!! Gums Up!!!
Originally Posted by Lonny
Congrats to Tex Tech. They play defense so hard. They simply whipped Mich St down the stretch.

Hope Owens can get that ankle working for Monday. That guy is a shot blocking machine!

Yep! Hell of a player. Tough bastard too!
Broadway by campus is crazy right now. Something may get burnt down.
I'm rooting for them even though I'm a A&M alum....

On that note, love the Buzz hire for my boys. .

Gig em ! 👍🏻

As he should be!
Self will be pissed.. grin..
It is beyond epic in Lubbock tonight!!!
Originally Posted by Huntr
It is beyond epic in Lubbock tonight!!!

Bet that’s right!!! Way to go Red Raiders!
One of the guys that works for me is on Broadway and said the students just flipped a car over. Uhoh. I'm watching the 2nd half again. We're up by 12, Owens is running back out of the locker room, and Culver is fixin to come uncorked!!
And apparently the cops are lobbing tear gas now on Broadway.
Oh crap. Weve come full circle. Whites are reverting back to their subsaharin subculture. .
Update from my guy. 5 cars flipped. A couch and piles of those electric scooters on fire. Cops in riot gear.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
I am not a fan of either Bruce Pearl or the Auburn Thuggers.....oops, Tigers.......but they got screwed in their loss to Virginia. There should have been a double dribble called on the Virginia player with something like 2 or 3 seconds left, with auburn getting the ball back.

BUT....in a way it's poetic justice because Auburn fouled Kentucky at the end of regulation, and the refs didn't call a foul on them.

I guess it's true.....what goes around, comes around.
Tech defense was stifling. Nothing was easy for State.

I think they'll punish Virginia.
It’s always a great day when the spartoons get a hard on but can’t cum.

I was pulling for Auburn but hope TT kicks VA’s ass.
UVA all the way....

Completes the story that started last year losing in the first round.

Embrace the Pace!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19
Hard for me to pull for the ACC, though I don't have the animosity toward Virginia as I do for the NC schools, Duke and UNC. I kind of hope Texas Tech wins, but a Virginia win would be okay too.
UVA all the way....

Embrace the Pace!

From first one seed to lose to a 16 seed to runner up in 2 years, y’all should be proud
Hate to hear about that crap on Broadway, but when alcohol takes over it's not a real surprise. Doesn't take away from a historical Red Raider win though. Let's finish this off and win this thing. Don't be surprised now.......................
A UVA win will help keep the property damage in Texas to a minimum....😎
Originally Posted by tpcollins

0 - 3
The TT boys sure get after it on the defensive end!

Should be a great national championship game.
Hate to hear about that crap on Broadway, but when alcohol takes over it's not a real surprise. Doesn't take away from a historical Red Raider win though. Let's finish this off and win this thing. Don't be surprised now.......................

No celebration in the locker room. It’s another 2-game mini tournament for Beard. They went up there to play 80 minutes of good basketball. That’s what he preaches and the players buy in.

1 for 9

I shed no tears for Michigan State but you're talking like a complete ignoramus – – – again.
It's an annual tournament filled with upsets and just managing to get to a single final four is a herculean feat - ask Texas Tech. wink
As well, look into Izzo's tournament record when MI St has been the lower seed (underdog) - yeah, it's bested by no one.

The cameras didn't cut away from all those fans destroying cars and burning sheit. Looks like most of them was white boys, likely good Christians like JG.
The TT boys sure get after it on the defensive end!

Should be a great national championship game.

It’s going to be a defensive battle royale.....
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The cameras didn't cut away from all those fans destroying cars and burning sheit. Looks like most of them was white boys, likely good Christians like JG.

Yep, idiots are everywhere. You pointing it out is like Kennedy lecturing at an AA meeting. When I get a whole thread done in my honor I'll have reached your level.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...lhead-90-000-post-milestone#Post12576322
Hopefully, the kid riding the flaming scooter will be a One Shining Moment highlight.

5 Biblical pillars Tony Bennett used to build Virginia’s Final Four team

MINNEAPOLIS — University of Virginia Head Coach Tony Bennett is a man of faith. When asked the Friday before the Final Four how his faith in Christ helps him prepare his team to play, Coach Bennett explained how he used the Bible to build his team.

“Our program is built on pillars, five – they’re actually biblical pillars, and whether our guys — I’m always respectful, whether they believe that or not, their wisdom for our program, humility, do you know who you are as a team and as a player? Passion, do you play with passion? Unity, being part of something bigger than yourself. Servanthood, the way to greatness is through being a servant. And thankfulness. We use those for our team specifically,” Bennett explained. “You always hope that through sports they become better players and young men, and they’ll always return what you just model to them.”

Bennett pointed to senior center Jack Salt as an example of the pillars in action. When Salt’s minutes played diminished as the team’s needs shifted, Salt showed servanthood, Bennett said.

“I remember talking to him, and he said, ‘Coach I just want to advance. Whatever you think is best. Yeah, it’s hard to not play, but whatever is best for the team,'” Bennett shared. “That’s why this program is so good. We have guys — that embody our pillar of servanthood. Make others better. Know your role, make others better. He embodies that. He has been the glue.”

5 Biblical pillars Tony Bennett used to build Virginia’s Final Four team

MINNEAPOLIS — University of Virginia Head Coach Tony Bennett is a man of faith. When asked the Friday before the Final Four how his faith in Christ helps him prepare his team to play, Coach Bennett explained how he used the Bible to build his team.

“Our program is built on pillars, five – they’re actually biblical pillars, and whether our guys — I’m always respectful, whether they believe that or not, their wisdom for our program, humility, do you know who you are as a team and as a player? Passion, do you play with passion? Unity, being part of something bigger than yourself. Servanthood, the way to greatness is through being a servant. And thankfulness. We use those for our team specifically,” Bennett explained. “You always hope that through sports they become better players and young men, and they’ll always return what you just model to them.”

Bennett pointed to senior center Jack Salt as an example of the pillars in action. When Salt’s minutes played diminished as the team’s needs shifted, Salt showed servanthood, Bennett said.

“I remember talking to him, and he said, ‘Coach I just want to advance. Whatever you think is best. Yeah, it’s hard to not play, but whatever is best for the team,'” Bennett shared. “That’s why this program is so good. We have guys — that embody our pillar of servanthood. Make others better. Know your role, make others better. He embodies that. He has been the glue.”

Great to see there’s a Coach who’s not afraid to admit that.

Unfortunately, he’d not be able to Coach in the NBA with all the thugs on most teams!
Sounds like it’s gonna be a great game coached & played by two Classy teams!
Posted By: Whiptail Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/07/19

Guns up!

[Linked Image]

The 'toons lost and they rioted anyway. Nothin' like burnin a couch to show fan loyalty. Green, drunk, & stupid is no way to go through life.
4 Hours till Game Time!
4 Hours till Game Time!

Better get your drank on.
As soon as I leave the cardiologist’s office (wife appt), you can bet I will. I need something to calm my nerves. Will Owens be even 75%? Will Culver hit shots and free throws? Will Odiase stay out of foul trouble? Will the refs let them play? I think yes on all four. But it’s killing me.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/08/19
Owens is critical, IMO. Gotta have him.
Posted By: 16bore Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/08/19
35-32 at the half. UVA wins 58 - 53
Posted By: SKane Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/08/19
I'm excited for this one - new blood and two teams that really get after it versus the normal NBA-light style of play.
35-32 at the half. UVA wins 58 - 53

My son predicted that same final score....different winner. We'll see.
Owens is critical, IMO. Gotta have him.

Francis and Corprew can both play big on defense if needed....and they can score. Beard will have the team prepared mentally and will make the right adjustments whether Owens is able to stay in or not. I know we can win either way.
I'm excited for this one - new blood and two teams that really get after it versus the normal NBA-light style of play.

I can hardly take it and we're still 3 hours away. Starting with my own version of Moscow Mule now....in a foam cup. Hopefully that will keep my heart from jumping out of my chest.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/08/19
I don't want to see your Moscow Mule azzz on Big 2 Sports tonight burning couches on Broadway after we kick Va's azzz......... grin
Posted By: Huntr Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/08/19
Wreck'em!!!! The suspence is killing me!
I don't want to see your Moscow Mule azzz on Big 2 Sports tonight burning couches on Broadway after we kick Va's azzz......... grin

Now listening to Old Town Road on repeat. 2nd Mule halfway down. Intro on ESPN College Game Day was way cool. 2 hours til tipoff.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/08/19

What time, Ch JG?
Waiting for 30 minutes of equal time for Tech. But it won't happen. All they're talking about is UVA.

Dickie V.....100% talking about and picking UVA. LOL.
UVA ought to win, they have 5 ESPN top 100 recruits compared to none for Texas Tech. Throw coulda woulda shoulda out the fu**ing window though. Nobody has done more with less in a long time than Coach Beard. Wreck em!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26411800/how-2019-final-four-teams-were-built
Sorry Texas gents, I'm going for Virginia. They've got a couple of Crackers that can ball.

Go whitey!
Sorry Texas gents, I'm going for Virginia. They've got a couple of Crackers that can ball.

Go whitey!

Mooney and Moretti are white....or have you ever seen Tech play?
UVA ought to win, they have 5 ESPN top 100 recruits compared to none for Texas Tech. Throw coulda woulda shoulda out the fu**ing window though. Nobody has done more with less in a long time than Coach Beard. Wreck em!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26411800/how-2019-final-four-teams-were-built

No doubt Drummond! Go Red Raiders!!!

What time, Ch JG?

Tip off at 8:20 CST on cbs
Pre-Game Show is on now!

Go whitey!

Mooney and Moretti are white....or have you ever seen Tech play?

Yeah I saw them against Michigan State. Should be a good game tonight.
Go Big 12!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Go Big 12!

[Linked Image]

I can pull for all of those teams except for K-State 🤮
The New SEC . . . (Add West Virginia to the East and Texas Tech to the West) - In football, each division plays eight divisional opponents; Division Champions Play for the Conference Crown. In basketball, every team plays every other team home and away.

[Linked Image]

Looks like he’s gonna play tonight!
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
The New SEC . . . (Add West Virginia to the East and Texas Tech to the West) - In football, each division plays eight divisional opponents; Division Champions Play for the Conference Crown. In basketball, every team plays every other team home and away.

[Linked Image]

That would be great. I’d Love to see the TAMU vs UT rivalry and annual Thanksgiving Day Game Tradition get going again!
Game is about to begin!!!

Looks like he’s gonna play tonight!

Yep. He’s starting!!!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
WTH with the missed shots by Tech.
WTH with the missed shots by Tech.

They are starting out just like last Game.
SOB.
Cant buy a freaking basket.

How can you be off two games in a row?
They’ll settle down. Just nervous I guess.
Posted By: sse Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
i predict TT will tank
Finally!!!
Virginia off to a good start.
That was a stupid ass Coke commercial.
direct tv is f-ucking up waiting for them to fix it.
Originally Posted by sse
i predict TT will tank

Looks like they are choking.
only channel down, cbs. guess it must be something with the live feed.
Originally Posted by sse
i predict TT will tank

Looks like they are choking.

lol the game has just started.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
direct tv is f-ucking up waiting for them to fix it.

Damn Roger! That sucks!

Virginia up by 10 points!
Only 3 points now!
TT starting to hit some shots now!
All right
came back on just now.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
came back on just now.

Cool!
I wuz gonna say, take a 24 pack next door.
I wuz gonna say, take a 24 pack next door.

😁
TT tied it up !!!
We got a game now!
Unreal, it spun out and they didnt show it, wth?
TT up by 1
Astros 4, NY 3. Bot of 8.
Rangers suck right now 😢
Crap. Again.
VA up 32 to 29 the half !
Well, sob. Somebody came to play BASKET ball.
VA up 32 to 29 the half !

Yeah, Tech just misses 3 or 4 baskets in a row again. Thats hard way to win.
Great game. Two tough, hard-nosed teams trading blows and playing world-class defense.
I have no interest , now I'm going to bed!!
Coach needs to settle them down at halftime.
Posted By: Lonny Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
Culver is having a tough game shooting again. If he can warm up, that would be a big help.
T-Tech playing good DF. Just need to make some shots.
Va is playing good defense and making those shots. shocked
Hope Red Raiders Coach made some great halftime adjustments!
Here we go!!!
Dayom. Tech cant hit the rim.
Turn out the lights.

One came to play, one came to win.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
Culver is stinkin up the joint.
Lots of time left. Come on TTech!
Not when you cant hit schiett.
No one guarding him.
Posted By: 79S Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
Come on Indiana State I’m sure Larry Bird will get the hot hand!
VA up 55 to 47 with 7 minutes to go.
Tech getging flat out played.
Red Raiders tie it up with 3:20 minutes to go !!!
Come on DF!!!
Tied with 2:30 to go!
Schitt

VA up by 1
1:20 to go
Posted By: Toddly Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
IDGAF who wins but a nice finish. Texas May pull it off
Tech ball !!!
Fuggin nail biter 😬
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
Tech has this...
Tech cant buy a basket. Unreal.

Whoa, lightening strikes.
Holy schitt! TTech ahead by 1 with 32 seconds left !
What he said^^^^^^^
Going down to a Last Shot Game...
OT coming!!!
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
we may get some free basketball
NOBODY FOUL
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
we may get some free basketball

LOL.
OVERTIME here we come!
This is the kind of game befitting a championship.
Heck of a game!
Originally Posted by luv2safari
This is the kind of game befitting a championship.

No doubt Buddy!
Is OT good? When the top one or two team in the freaking USA cant hit 10% of their 3 point shots?
Bet our ole buddy 257Heaven is about to have a heart attack!
If Tech could hit a basket they would have been ahead by 10 at the end of regular time.
Well crap!
If Tech could hit a basket they would have been ahead by 10 at the end of regular time.

Yep.
Well, no cars flipped or fires tonight in Lubbock
Tech played their hearts out. They are still one heck of a great team!
Congratulations to Virginia! Great game!!!
Well, no cars flipped or fires tonight in Lubbock

LOL.

They’ll be back next year I bet, though.
Great game. That GUY for VA is pretty special player.
Wow.
GREAT game!
Shame either team had to loose ...
Posted By: fburgtx Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
Letting Culver continue to shoot was a mistake. He wasn’t hitting squat.

Tech had it, then got so excited about trying to keep Virginia from mking 2, that they let them have that 3 to go to OT.
Awesome game! Congrats to the ‘Hoos! A very worthy and classy champion!

Hats off to Texas Tech. Fantastic, classy team!
Posted By: SKane Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
Shame that one had to end.
TT has nothing to hang their heads about.
Damn! What’s game!
God damn awful officiating in OT! 10-0 free throw disparity and a no call directly preceding a call that resulted in a change of possession. Excellent game by both teams and congrats to UVA but it’s near impossible to win when calls like that are made
Posted By: GregW Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
The replay of the out of bounds call on Tech changed it all. Great game .....
Great game, I feel bad for TT.
I'm good. It will be a long time before I get over that one. Extremely difficult loss to take. I feel for our guys. Culver didn't show up and even missed open jumpers that he usually hits. That's the way it goes. Hats off to UVA. First time in maybe 35 years that I didn't watch the One Shining Moment recap. I'll block out all sports for awhile. Bad thing is that our baseball team isn't its usual self, so no respite available there.

But....Up by 3 with the ball in overtime.....we should have been able to finish against any team.
Posted By: 16bore Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
UVA all the way....

Embrace the Pace!

Like I was saying....😉

Great game all around, hats off to Texas Tech..
One heck of a game. It showed the importance of hitting those free throws. I don't think Virginia missed a singe FT down the stretch there.
I'm good. It will be a long time before I get over that one. Extremely difficult loss to take. I feel for our guys. Culver didn't show up and even missed open jumpers that he usually hits. That's the way it goes. Hats off to UVA. First time in maybe 35 years that I didn't watch the One Shining Moment recap. I'll block out all sports for awhile. Bad thing is that our baseball team isn't its usual self, so no respite available there.

But....Up by 3 with the ball in overtime.....we should have been able to finish against any team.

This^^^.
Posted By: hanco Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
Good game to watch!
I can't get over what a slugfest that was. Haymakers from each team, numerous clutch shots etc. Yes, there was some off-shooting but I don't think either team was used to that kind of tenacious defense.

Chris Beard can flat-out coach and I hope TT has a blank check sitting on his desk when he returns home - he can fill in the amount.

With all 5 starters returning (a rarity in the one-and-done age), Virginia is going to be a fun watch again next season.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
Nothing to be ashamed of from this Tech fan. We played our butts off every game, all year, and overachieved to a level nobody thought was possible. Those are all positives. VA has a little better team than we do if I'm being honest about it, but nobody plays harder than our Red Raiders. Great run guys, Guns Up all the way!

VA coach Tony Bennett is a first rate guy, a total class act. Glad to see it. We need more leaders like that in sports.

Just a game, brother and if up by 3 with the ball in overtime is the biggest disappointment in your and their lifetimes, I'd say that's a pretty charmed life.
More importantly, the team and coach represented TT and Lubbock with class and with grit. Damn! What a ball game!
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
It seemed to me there were some stretches where Tech couldn't hit a 55-gallon drum. Maybe it seemed worse than it was because I was pulling for them. That out of bounds/change of possession/endless slow-mo review seemed sketchy to me. Especially since it had a big effect on the game.

Originally Posted by GunDoc7
It seemed to me there were some stretches where Tech couldn't hit a 55-gallon drum. Maybe it seemed worse than it was because I was pulling for them. That out of bounds/change of possession/endless slow-mo review seemed sketchy to me. Especially since it had a big effect on the game.

Don,
That out of bounds/change of possession/endless slo-mo review WAS the game.
Both teams played great games and in my eyes are both champions.
These teams were as equal as two teams can get.
Posted By: hatari Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
Nothing to be ashamed of from this Tech fan. We played our butts off every game, all year, and overachieved to a level nobody thought was possible. Those are all positives. VA has a little better team than we do if I'm being honest about it, but nobody plays harder than our Red Raiders. Great run guys, Guns Up all the way!

VA coach Tony Bennett is a first rate guy, a total class act. Glad to see it. We need more leaders like that in sports.

Wanted to see TT and AU in the Finals, but... it wasn' to be. Congrats and making it that far and for one hell of a game. UVA does play great defense. Lots of athleticism on the court last night. Thoroughly enjoyable to watch.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19

With all 5 starters returning (a rarity in the one-and-done age), Virginia is going to be a fun watch again next season.

Word.....
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Word.....

UVA's Hunter should declare. Culver should stay in school. He's definitely not ready.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Word.....

UVA's Hunter should declare. Culver should stay in school. He's definitely not ready.

That was Hunter's coming out party for certain.
I don't recall being that entertained by a national championship game (in any sport) since 2006(?) Texas/USC Rose Bowl.
Posted By: 16bore Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/09/19
I tried to warn my daughter about too much Salt....

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Don,

It really was. The officials should be ashamed of how they called overtime. The foul called against Culver when the VA player went over his back, the ghost foul called on Moretti when the UVA player tripped and went out of bounds accounted for 4 points and two lost possessions and then you add in the no call against Moretti, a 92% FT shooter, just before the out of bounds call and there’s an additional 4 point swing and loss of possession and TT was only down by two with just over a minute left. Hell, they should have been up at least by 2 at that point and been on the line to extend it

It’s awful when bad calls have a huge impact that determine the outcome of the game and there was some truly awful calls. If the roles were reversed I’d be just a pissed. A free throw disparity of 12-0 is a [bleep] joke in OT of the national championship game. Hard for any team to win in overtime when they lose at least 3 possessions and give up 6 points at the line on BS calls
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Don,

It really was. The officials should be ashamed of how they called overtime. The foul called against Culver when the VA player went over his back, the ghost foul called on Moretti when the UVA player tripped and went out of bounds accounted for 4 points and two lost possessions and then you add in the no call against Moretti, a 92% FT shooter, just before the out of bounds call and there’s an additional 4 point swing and loss of possession and TT was only down by two with just over a minute left. Hell, they should have been up at least by 2 at that point and been on the line to extend it

It’s awful when bad calls have a huge impact that determine the outcome of the game and there was some truly awful calls. If the roles were reversed I’d be just a pissed. A free throw disparity of 12-0 is a [bleep] joke in OT of the national championship game. Hard for any team to win in overtime when they lose at least 3 possessions and give up 6 points at the line on BS calls

Those were the 3 calls/non-calls on OT that lost the game. But TTU should have won in regulation. Big mistake by Culver on defense left Hunter wide open. Give them the layup and make your free throws. And it’s over.

Those were the 3 calls/non-calls on OT that lost the game. But TTU should have won in regulation. Big mistake by Culver on defense left Hunter wide open. Give them the layup and make your free throws. And it’s over.

Agreed but kudos to UVA for finding the open man and hitting the shot. That’s basketball and had that been a winning jumper in regulation it would be a lot easier to swallow as it wouldn’t have been tainted by bad officiating
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/10/19
Tech played their hearts out. They are still one heck of a great team!
Congratulations to Virginia! Great game!!!

I'm very proud of how Tech represented themselves. Two great teams going at it. Too bad one had to come out in 2nd place.
Best thing was the kids did not try to burn the town down again.

They have video of some of the folks that started the fires last time.

Hope they catch them.
Posted By: djs Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 04/10/19
As a 35 year resident of Virginia and whose two daughters graduated from the University of Virginia (17% acceptance rate), I'm pleased UVA won.

But, it was an excellent game and I'm sorry for Texas Tech.
College damn World Series, baby!!!!

And a national championship in men's outdoor track! Not a bad year so far!

Go Blue !

Go Blue !

Blue?
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 06/11/19
Tech played Michigan 3 times already earlier this season:

Tech 11-2
Tech 10-3
Tech 8-5

I hope we treat them worse this time but I realize the CWS is a new ball game.. Our All American lead-off guy and RF had minor thumb surgery a couple of days ago, not sure of his status so that's a concern. Keep your eye out for a closer named McMillan.......he'll rush it up there near 100mph at times.

Tech 11-2
Tech 10-3
Tech 8-5

I hope we treat them worse this time but I realize the CWS is a new ball game.. Our All American lead-off guy and RF had minor thumb surgery a couple of days ago, not sure of his status so that's a concern. Keep your eye out for a closer named McMillan.......he'll rush it up there near 100mph at times.

But on the 4th time at the CWS it was:

Michigan 5-3

Big Blue plays FSU Monday . . . Go Blue!

Tech 11-2
Tech 10-3
Tech 8-5

Have they played yet in the CWS?
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Tech 11-2
Tech 10-3
Tech 8-5

Yes! Beat them twice and are playing in the finals starting Monday!

GO BLUE
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Tech 11-2
Tech 10-3
Tech 8-5

Yes! Beat them twice and are playing in the finals starting Monday!

GO BLUE

You're welcome. grin
Posted By: hanco Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 06/22/19
Go Tech
Originally Posted by hanco
Go Tech

Too late.

They were doing their best Astros imitation yesterday. Lost 15 to 3.

I do think the Astros have reached new levels of humiliation lately though. Losing consistently to last place teams by large gaps.

How do you go from being ahead of the rest of the MLB teams in total to losing 6 in a row? They are floundering.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WRECK 'EM TEXAS TECH!!!!! - 06/22/19
Tough way to end the season, but a great one anyway. Baseball is a funny game, and it will humble you.....just a matter of time.
15-3 ?? Wow
© 24hourcampfire