Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The replay of the out of bounds call on Tech changed it all. Great game .....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Great game, I feel bad for TT.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm good. It will be a long time before I get over that one. Extremely difficult loss to take. I feel for our guys. Culver didn't show up and even missed open jumpers that he usually hits. That's the way it goes. Hats off to UVA. First time in maybe 35 years that I didn't watch the One Shining Moment recap. I'll block out all sports for awhile. Bad thing is that our baseball team isn't its usual self, so no respite available there.

But....Up by 3 with the ball in overtime.....we should have been able to finish against any team.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
UVA all the way....

Completes the story that started last year losing in the first round.

Embrace the Pace!

Like I was saying....😉

Great game all around, hats off to Texas Tech..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One heck of a game. It showed the importance of hitting those free throws. I don't think Virginia missed a singe FT down the stretch there.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I'm good. It will be a long time before I get over that one. Extremely difficult loss to take. I feel for our guys. Culver didn't show up and even missed open jumpers that he usually hits. That's the way it goes. Hats off to UVA. First time in maybe 35 years that I didn't watch the One Shining Moment recap. I'll block out all sports for awhile. Bad thing is that our baseball team isn't its usual self, so no respite available there.

But....Up by 3 with the ball in overtime.....we should have been able to finish against any team.

This^^^.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Good game to watch!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't get over what a slugfest that was. Haymakers from each team, numerous clutch shots etc. Yes, there was some off-shooting but I don't think either team was used to that kind of tenacious defense.

Chris Beard can flat-out coach and I hope TT has a blank check sitting on his desk when he returns home - he can fill in the amount.

With all 5 starters returning (a rarity in the one-and-done age), Virginia is going to be a fun watch again next season.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Nothing to be ashamed of from this Tech fan. We played our butts off every game, all year, and overachieved to a level nobody thought was possible. Those are all positives. VA has a little better team than we do if I'm being honest about it, but nobody plays harder than our Red Raiders. Great run guys, Guns Up all the way!

VA coach Tony Bennett is a first rate guy, a total class act. Glad to see it. We need more leaders like that in sports.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just a game, brother and if up by 3 with the ball in overtime is the biggest disappointment in your and their lifetimes, I'd say that's a pretty charmed life.
More importantly, the team and coach represented TT and Lubbock with class and with grit. Damn! What a ball game!

WWP53D
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
It seemed to me there were some stretches where Tech couldn't hit a 55-gallon drum. Maybe it seemed worse than it was because I was pulling for them. That out of bounds/change of possession/endless slow-mo review seemed sketchy to me. Especially since it had a big effect on the game.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by GunDoc7
It seemed to me there were some stretches where Tech couldn't hit a 55-gallon drum. Maybe it seemed worse than it was because I was pulling for them. That out of bounds/change of possession/endless slow-mo review seemed sketchy to me. Especially since it had a big effect on the game.

Don,
That out of bounds/change of possession/endless slo-mo review WAS the game.
Both teams played great games and in my eyes are both champions.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
These teams were as equal as two teams can get.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Nothing to be ashamed of from this Tech fan. We played our butts off every game, all year, and overachieved to a level nobody thought was possible. Those are all positives. VA has a little better team than we do if I'm being honest about it, but nobody plays harder than our Red Raiders. Great run guys, Guns Up all the way!

VA coach Tony Bennett is a first rate guy, a total class act. Glad to see it. We need more leaders like that in sports.

Wanted to see TT and AU in the Finals, but... it wasn' to be. Congrats and making it that far and for one hell of a game. UVA does play great defense. Lots of athleticism on the court last night. Thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by SKane

With all 5 starters returning (a rarity in the one-and-done age), Virginia is going to be a fun watch again next season.

Word.....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Word.....

UVA's Hunter should declare. Culver should stay in school. He's definitely not ready.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Word.....

UVA's Hunter should declare. Culver should stay in school. He's definitely not ready.

That was Hunter's coming out party for certain.
I don't recall being that entertained by a national championship game (in any sport) since 2006(?) Texas/USC Rose Bowl.

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tried to warn my daughter about too much Salt....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Don,

It really was. The officials should be ashamed of how they called overtime. The foul called against Culver when the VA player went over his back, the ghost foul called on Moretti when the UVA player tripped and went out of bounds accounted for 4 points and two lost possessions and then you add in the no call against Moretti, a 92% FT shooter, just before the out of bounds call and there’s an additional 4 point swing and loss of possession and TT was only down by two with just over a minute left. Hell, they should have been up at least by 2 at that point and been on the line to extend it

It’s awful when bad calls have a huge impact that determine the outcome of the game and there was some truly awful calls. If the roles were reversed I’d be just a pissed. A free throw disparity of 12-0 is a [bleep] joke in OT of the national championship game. Hard for any team to win in overtime when they lose at least 3 possessions and give up 6 points at the line on BS calls

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Don,

It really was. The officials should be ashamed of how they called overtime. The foul called against Culver when the VA player went over his back, the ghost foul called on Moretti when the UVA player tripped and went out of bounds accounted for 4 points and two lost possessions and then you add in the no call against Moretti, a 92% FT shooter, just before the out of bounds call and there’s an additional 4 point swing and loss of possession and TT was only down by two with just over a minute left. Hell, they should have been up at least by 2 at that point and been on the line to extend it

It’s awful when bad calls have a huge impact that determine the outcome of the game and there was some truly awful calls. If the roles were reversed I’d be just a pissed. A free throw disparity of 12-0 is a [bleep] joke in OT of the national championship game. Hard for any team to win in overtime when they lose at least 3 possessions and give up 6 points at the line on BS calls

Those were the 3 calls/non-calls on OT that lost the game. But TTU should have won in regulation. Big mistake by Culver on defense left Hunter wide open. Give them the layup and make your free throws. And it’s over.

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,197
Posts18,524,088
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.