Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Quak
MSU...always the bridesmaid never the bride

1 for 9

I shed no tears for Michigan State but you're talking like a complete ignoramus – – – again.
It's an annual tournament filled with upsets and just managing to get to a single final four is a herculean feat - ask Texas Tech. wink
As well, look into Izzo's tournament record when MI St has been the lower seed (underdog) - yeah, it's bested by no one.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The cameras didn't cut away from all those fans destroying cars and burning sheit. Looks like most of them was white boys, likely good Christians like JG.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
The TT boys sure get after it on the defensive end!

Should be a great national championship game.

It’s going to be a defensive battle royale.....

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The cameras didn't cut away from all those fans destroying cars and burning sheit. Looks like most of them was white boys, likely good Christians like JG.

Yep, idiots are everywhere. You pointing it out is like Kennedy lecturing at an AA meeting. When I get a whole thread done in my honor I'll have reached your level.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...lhead-90-000-post-milestone#Post12576322

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hopefully, the kid riding the flaming scooter will be a One Shining Moment highlight.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

5 Biblical pillars Tony Bennett used to build Virginia’s Final Four team

MINNEAPOLIS — University of Virginia Head Coach Tony Bennett is a man of faith. When asked the Friday before the Final Four how his faith in Christ helps him prepare his team to play, Coach Bennett explained how he used the Bible to build his team.

“Our program is built on pillars, five – they’re actually biblical pillars, and whether our guys — I’m always respectful, whether they believe that or not, their wisdom for our program, humility, do you know who you are as a team and as a player? Passion, do you play with passion? Unity, being part of something bigger than yourself. Servanthood, the way to greatness is through being a servant. And thankfulness. We use those for our team specifically,” Bennett explained. “You always hope that through sports they become better players and young men, and they’ll always return what you just model to them.”

Bennett pointed to senior center Jack Salt as an example of the pillars in action. When Salt’s minutes played diminished as the team’s needs shifted, Salt showed servanthood, Bennett said.

“I remember talking to him, and he said, ‘Coach I just want to advance. Whatever you think is best. Yeah, it’s hard to not play, but whatever is best for the team,'” Bennett shared. “That’s why this program is so good. We have guys — that embody our pillar of servanthood. Make others better. Know your role, make others better. He embodies that. He has been the glue.”

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 16bore

5 Biblical pillars Tony Bennett used to build Virginia’s Final Four team

MINNEAPOLIS — University of Virginia Head Coach Tony Bennett is a man of faith. When asked the Friday before the Final Four how his faith in Christ helps him prepare his team to play, Coach Bennett explained how he used the Bible to build his team.

“Our program is built on pillars, five – they’re actually biblical pillars, and whether our guys — I’m always respectful, whether they believe that or not, their wisdom for our program, humility, do you know who you are as a team and as a player? Passion, do you play with passion? Unity, being part of something bigger than yourself. Servanthood, the way to greatness is through being a servant. And thankfulness. We use those for our team specifically,” Bennett explained. “You always hope that through sports they become better players and young men, and they’ll always return what you just model to them.”

Bennett pointed to senior center Jack Salt as an example of the pillars in action. When Salt’s minutes played diminished as the team’s needs shifted, Salt showed servanthood, Bennett said.

“I remember talking to him, and he said, ‘Coach I just want to advance. Whatever you think is best. Yeah, it’s hard to not play, but whatever is best for the team,'” Bennett shared. “That’s why this program is so good. We have guys — that embody our pillar of servanthood. Make others better. Know your role, make others better. He embodies that. He has been the glue.”

Great to see there’s a Coach who’s not afraid to admit that.

Unfortunately, he’d not be able to Coach in the NBA with all the thugs on most teams!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like it’s gonna be a great game coached & played by two Classy teams!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Guns up!

[Linked Image]

Quando omni flunkus moritati
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tpcollins
It’s always a great day when the spartoons get a hard on but can’t cum.

I was pulling for Auburn but hope TT kicks VA’s ass.

The 'toons lost and they rioted anyway. Nothin' like burnin a couch to show fan loyalty. Green, drunk, & stupid is no way to go through life.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
4 Hours till Game Time!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
4 Hours till Game Time!

Better get your drank on.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
As soon as I leave the cardiologist’s office (wife appt), you can bet I will. I need something to calm my nerves. Will Owens be even 75%? Will Culver hit shots and free throws? Will Odiase stay out of foul trouble? Will the refs let them play? I think yes on all four. But it’s killing me.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Owens is critical, IMO. Gotta have him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
35-32 at the half. UVA wins 58 - 53

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm excited for this one - new blood and two teams that really get after it versus the normal NBA-light style of play.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
35-32 at the half. UVA wins 58 - 53

My son predicted that same final score....different winner. We'll see.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Owens is critical, IMO. Gotta have him.

Francis and Corprew can both play big on defense if needed....and they can score. Beard will have the team prepared mentally and will make the right adjustments whether Owens is able to stay in or not. I know we can win either way.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
I'm excited for this one - new blood and two teams that really get after it versus the normal NBA-light style of play.

I can hardly take it and we're still 3 hours away. Starting with my own version of Moscow Mule now....in a foam cup. Hopefully that will keep my heart from jumping out of my chest.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't want to see your Moscow Mule azzz on Big 2 Sports tonight burning couches on Broadway after we kick Va's azzz......... grin

Last edited by JGRaider; 04/08/19.

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12savage, 1234, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 1,909 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,176
Posts18,523,703
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.