Home
Posted By: jackmountain A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Since the entire bar on top your web page consists solely of choices to donate money by "joining" renewing" and "donating" and most of your entire home page is dedicated to the same or buying your branded [bleep] from your store, and the only place to find a way to "contact" someone is buried at the very bottom of the page, I will ask my question here.

As a lifetime member and the son and father and husband of 4 other life members, and the friend of many more members of all levels....

What exactly are you doing to help us in Virginia? Other than your "statement" which is basically being used as a fund raising tactic.

VCDL is busting their asses and I've yet to have them ask for a donation of any kind. So any money's that would have went to the NRA-ILA or NRA-WMF (Wayne's mansion fund) will be going to them for the time being. Thanks a lot for the 300 mailers per year, phone calls, and stupid [bleep] tote bags, but I'd rather have you actually on the ground organizing and setting up the groundwork to fight for us in the courts.

-your pal Bryan
Posted By: BobMt Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19

post up contact info for the group that is fighting this in your state....I will send a donation …….bob
Posted By: Dude270 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Amen, I'm a lifetime member of the NRA but I can't stand go send them a dime anymore
www.vcdl.org

Thanks!
Posted By: BobMt Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Originally Posted by jackmountain

ok....went to the site.....I will send 250.00 tomorrow......help out with bussing...…...bob
Posted By: deltakid Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Not that I am trying to defend the NRA, but no one can file suit against the illegal laws until they are passed by the legislature, and one person is actually affected by them. Then it takes forever to work its way through the system.
Damn, Bob.....thanks
Originally Posted by deltakid
Not that I am trying to defend the NRA, but no one can file suit against the illegal laws until they are passed by the legislature, and one person is actually affected by them. Then it takes forever to work its way through the system.

And one can make a show beforehand to stop the laws from being passed which one would think would be a hell of a lot easier
Posted By: 66niteowl Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Thanks for making us aware of this organization, I’ll be sending a donation
Posted By: Dude270 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Bryan,

Are you going to Richmond on the 20th for lobby day?

I figure everyone that cares needs to
Posted By: 163bc Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
I agree with the OP. NRA needs to get their asses to work in Va. I’m a life member too and have been for 25 years or more. This is the biggest opportunity the NRA has had in my memory. It’s a full blown movement by the people against an overreach by their government. It’s gaining strength by the day. Wayne need to redirect the jet to Richmond where he can do some real good helping real life patriots protect our 2A rights. NRA will never see another dime from me until they clean up their act and start acting in our interests.
Posted By: Hastings Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Give up. The NRA cannot be salvaged. The captain would prefer to scuttle the ship rather than turn it over to an honest crew. I have written them off and I tell the fund solicitors to call back when Wayne and his crew are gone. I have a feeling that Ollie is just as bad as Wayne. It was a fight over the loot.
Posted By: 700LH Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
They don't care about Virginia beyond what monies it can bring them
Posted By: texasbatman Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Just sent them $251.00. Didn’t want to be outdone by Bob. smile. I figure this money will help the to combat the commies in VA. I wish I could be there in person but there is no way right now. I counted over 20,000 people showed up at the rallies posted on their website. They may need more busses. smile

Jim
Posted By: texasbatman Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Originally Posted by 700LH
They don't care about Virginia beyond what monies it can bring them

You are so correct. The NRA doesn’t care. They would be in Virginia busting a$$ if they did.

Jim
Posted By: Valsdad Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Those with extra cash that want to help out on the other coast, send funds to:

crpa.org

There's some important cases here that if lost might affect any other State that wishes to implement ammo sales restrictions and such.

Geno

PS, probably could send some to the OR and WA versions too.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Donation sent. The NRA is dead to me.
Good info...
Originally Posted by Dude270
Bryan,

Sorry, back in highland and no cell service. Definitely going. You're welcome to ride with us if you want. I'm sure I'll round up a few to go.
Told my guys they can have off with pay if they want to go.
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Just sent them $251.00. Didn’t want to be outdone by Bob. smile. I figure this money will help the to combat the commies in VA. I wish I could be there in person but there is no way right now. I counted over 20,000 people showed up at the rallies posted on their website. They may need more busses. smile

Jim

Appreciate your support
Posted By: rjpeacock Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Thanks for letting us know. Have sent my donation. Russ
Donation sent. Keep up the fight.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
I will be in richmond on lobby day. Screw the nra
Posted By: Snyper Re: A question for the NRA - 12/15/19
Since the entire bar on top your web page consists solely of choices to donate money by "joining" renewing" and "donating" and most of your entire home page is dedicated to the same or buying your branded [bleep] from your store, and the only place to find a way to "contact" someone is buried at the very bottom of the page, I will ask my question here.

As a lifetime member and the son and father and husband of 4 other life members, and the friend of many more members of all levels....

What exactly are you doing to help us in Virginia? Other than your "statement" which is basically being used as a fund raising tactic.

VCDL is busting their asses and I've yet to have them ask for a donation of any kind. So any money's that would have went to the NRA-ILA or NRA-WMF (Wayne's mansion fund) will be going to them for the time being. Thanks a lot for the 300 mailers per year, phone calls, and stupid [bleep] tote bags, but I'd rather have you actually on the ground organizing and setting up the groundwork to fight for us in the courts.

-your pal Bryan

What do you expect them to do on a web page?

That's not where things are accomplished.

It's sort of like you asking them by posting here.
Originally Posted by Snyper

-your pal Bryan

I expect them to have something other than 16 ways to raise money.
My point in asking the question here was to bring attention to the fact that they aren't doing [bleep] in Virginia in the midst of a huge movement to fight for the 2nd Amendment. A little back up would be good.... For that matter, after all the money a LOT of us have given them, they should be leading the [bleep] charge! Maybe after Wayne gets done picking out paint colors and flooring for the new estate he could send some [bleep] help!

I'm sure they'll show up when the cameras are rolling to take credit.
Originally Posted by srwshooter
I will be in richmond on lobby day. Screw the nra

The prick Saslaw is having a town hall meeting sponsored by the league of women voters the same day in Fairfax. Should move it their and show him what he's up against.
Posted By: Snyper Re: A question for the NRA - 12/16/19

-your pal Bryan

My point in asking the question here was to bring attention to the fact that they aren't doing [bleep] in Virginia in the midst of a huge movement to fight for the 2nd Amendment. A little back up would be good.... For that matter, after all the money a LOT of us have given them, they should be leading the [bleep] charge! Maybe after Wayne gets done picking out paint colors and flooring for the new estate he could send some [bleep] help!

There was more than that on the page I saw.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20191213/no-gov-northam-your-gun-ban-is-not-constitutional

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/constituent-services/communicating-with-the-governors-office/

Stay tuned to www.nraila.org for updates. And, in the meantime, please sign up to volunteer to help defeat Northam and Bloomberg’s gun control legislation.

99.9% of websites will have the contact info at the very bottom.
Is it really such a big deal that they do too?

I get that you aren't happy with them, but complaining here isn't going to help anyone in VA, and won't alert the NRA at all.
Posted By: Hastings Re: A question for the NRA - 12/16/19
I am not very internet savvy. Is there anyone on this forum that knows how and cares enough to send Wayne and the directors all the opinions espoused on this site concerning the NRA? Some of them (Wayne included) may not know we exist and may not understand the depth of disaffection we feel. Maybe if they knew, corrective action would begin. There are a lot of very serious gun rights folks on here that could be a real asset to the NRA.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/16/19
Originally Posted by Hastings
I am not very internet savvy. Is there anyone on this forum that knows how and cares enough to send Wayne and the directors all the opinions espoused on this site concerning the NRA? Some of them (Wayne included) may not know we exist and may not understand the depth of disaffection we feel. Maybe if they knew, corrective action would begin. There are a lot of very serious gun rights folks on here that could be a real asset to the NRA.

IIRC, the NRA has a field rep for your state and the name is listed in the magazine. Contact them and express your opinions.

The "contact" tab on their web site that the OP complains about probably has instructions for contacting them as well.

Ranting like a fool on the 24HCF does nothing at all.

And I think you will fine that the NRA is not going to sit idle in Virginia.
Donate here when you buy a Virginia-15 lower .

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-virginia-15-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver.html
Posted By: Hastings Re: A question for the NRA - 12/16/19
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
And I think you will find that the NRA is not going to sit idle in Virginia.
I hope so
Posted By: Dennis53 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/16/19
Donation sent from VT to VA via VLDC. Good Luck and keep it on the front burner.
Posted By: GeoW Re: A question for the NRA - 12/16/19
NRA doesn't have anything to do with guns, gun owners, or Second Amendment Rights any longer. Just the almighty dollar for LaPierre.
I'm a life member... wish I could get a refund. I don't even bother to look at their literature or their chickenchit magazine any more.

g
Originally Posted by GeoW
NRA doesn't have anything to do with guns, gun owners, or Second Amendment Rights any longer. Just the almighty dollar for LaPierre.
I'm a life member... wish I could get a refund. I don't even bother to look at their literature or their chickenchit magazine any more.

g

Word!
Someone needs to form a new national gun lobbying organization. Fast!

IIRC, the NRA has a field rep for your state and the name is listed in the magazine. Contact them and express your opinions.

The "contact" tab on their web site that the OP complains about probably has instructions for contacting them as well.

Ranting like a fool on the 24HCF does nothing at all.

And I think you will fine that the NRA is not going to sit idle in Virginia.

I believe the field rep is for the Friends of NRA, the non for profit group.
Posted By: Cigar Re: A question for the NRA - 12/16/19
GREAT QUESTION.... I too am a life member....

-your pal Bryan

There was more than that on the page I saw.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20191213/no-gov-northam-your-gun-ban-is-not-constitutional

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/constituent-services/communicating-with-the-governors-office/

Stay tuned to www.nraila.org for updates. And, in the meantime, please sign up to volunteer to help defeat Northam and Bloomberg’s gun control legislation.

99.9% of websites will have the contact info at the very bottom.
Is it really such a big deal that they do too?

I get that you aren't happy with them, but complaining here isn't going to help anyone in VA, and won't alert the NRA at all.

It will alert a lot of people blindly donating to them, that they're not effectively doing what we pay them to do any longer. Like the very govt they were formed to fight/lobby against, they've grown too large, corrupt and lost sight of their purpose.
And yes it is a big deal to me that they bury their contact info....their first focus should be serving the members and addressing their needs for help anywhere the 2A is being attacked. The very first item on their site should be contact info.
As far as the article you referenced, it basically says confiscation would be unconstitutional, no mention of the big issue now, which is registration. Also, that we should join together to fight it as Virginians. No [bleep]! That's what we joined the NRA for, to have a loud voice to fight for us. Why aren't they organizing a lobby day like VCDL?
Posted By: J23 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/16/19
Bryan,

Sorry, back in highland and no cell service. Definitely going. You're welcome to ride with us if you want. I'm sure I'll round up a few to go.

So, this may be a dumb question, but can out-of-state supporters come along on the 20th? I'd be willing to go.
Hell yes you can! Would love to have you too!
Posted By: JackRyan Re: A question for the NRA - 12/16/19

-your pal Bryan

What do you want them to do? Come vote in your state?

People get the government they deserve.
Posted By: Ejp1234 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/16/19
They didnt do anything for us in MD either. Welcome to being governed by the DC beltway residents because thats where the majority live versus the majority of the land.
Posted By: JackRyan Re: A question for the NRA - 12/16/19
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

g

Word!

No need for all that. Don't you know all 100 year old organizations with 5 million members providing training to millions of gun owners and defending their rights ALL have a designated representative combing campfire looking for the latest whine so they can take donations from 49 other states to Virginia.

In fact there are already dozens of other gun rights organizations out there you and the rest of the whiners could go to. So GO. Bye. The only problem there is they are to freaking lazy to google up their own list and find one. Good riddance.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: A question for the NRA - 12/16/19
After Ruth retires and Trump appoints another originalist, I hope we can get a case to SCOTUS that will thoroughly address all of this nonsense.
Originally Posted by JackRyan
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

g

Word!

No need for all that. Don't you know all 100 year old organizations with 5 million members providing training to millions of gun owners and defending their rights ALL have a designated representative combing campfire looking for the latest whine so they can take donations from 49 other states to Virginia.

In fact there are already dozens of other gun rights organizations out there you and the rest of the whiners could go to. So GO. Bye. The only problem there is they are to freaking lazy to google up their own list and find one. Good riddance.

Looks like I found Wayne LaPierre's username! If not, you sure represent his and the NRA's prevailing attitude as of recent.
As far as I'm concerned, I shouldn't have to bitch on here, they should be doing what they were formed to do, defend my 2A rights.
Good riddance? [bleep] you
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
After Ruth retires and Trump appoints another originalist, I hope we can get a case to SCOTUS that will thoroughly address all of this nonsense.

Best chance we have to secure the future.
Though I'm sure a Democrat controlled executive/legislative combo will decide we'd be much better off with 12 justices instead of 9 and be glad to appoint 3 more for us.
Posted By: 700LH Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19
GOA is fighting the bumpstock ban in court and the NRA supported the ban.

Send em more money boys WLP might need a new suit

If you want your dollars to fight gun control join GOA

https://gunowners.org/

Gun grabbers are not happy with Gun Owners of America.

Last week, I was in Cincinnati, Ohio, where GOA was continuing its legal challenge of the ATF bump stock ban.

GOA attorney Rob Olson squared off against an attorney from the Department of Justice (DOJ).

Both sides presented oral arguments before a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19
I will be the first to say I don’t agree with the NRA 100 percent. But as I’ve said many times it’s the best we have got.
Until something better comes along I will continue to support them.
Now a bunch on this forum gripped about the NRA and said they would no longer support it financially.
Now the wolfs at the door some are crying, where is the NRA. Somethings wrong with this picture. Either your done or your not. Hasbeen
Posted By: Dude270 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19
Double post
Bryan,

Seems like the first step, show up in huge numbers on the 20th.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19
Bryan,

Good deal, I'll check in with you before the 20th
GOA...
All the way.

NRA...
Worse than Benny Hinn and Jim Baker combined.
Originally Posted by Robert_White
GOA...
All the way.

NRA...
Worse than Benny Hinn and Jim Baker combined.

Just signed up my dad for the GOA too.
With you Mr. White.
Posted By: skeen Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
I will be the first to say I don’t agree with the NRA 100 percent. But as I’ve said many times it’s the best we have got.
Now a bunch on this forum gripped about the NRA and said they would no longer support it financially.
Now the wolfs at the door some are crying, where is the NRA. Somethings wrong with this picture. Either your done or your not. Hasbeen

Well said, hasbeen.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19

Nope. You're trying to blame us by implying that the NRA can't fight because we haven't been donating. You have it backwards. Those of us who are more perceptive than you realized back then that the NRA wouldn't stand up for us. That's why we quit donating.
Posted By: texasbatman Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19

The NRA is the reason the wolf is at the door. People aren't crying "Where is the NRA"? We all know where they are. F'ing off and doing very little besides wasting our money as well as yours. Probably helping build Wayne's new Mansion. And, they definitely are NOT the best we have. Thank God for that.

Jim
No different than the politicians, they've outlived their usefulness. The Anti's have stepped it up a notch and if we don't match their fervor, we'll lose this battle.
The $6,000,000 Wayne spent on his Texas mansion would've paid for a lot of lobbying, legal fees etc...
Posted By: texasbatman Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19
No different than the politicians, they've outlived their usefulness. The Anti's have stepped it up a notch and if we don't match their fervor, we'll lose this battle.
The $6,000,000 Wayne spent on his Texas mansion would've paid for a lot of lobbying, legal fees etc...

AMEN to that.

Jim
Originally Posted by texasbatman

The NRA is the reason the wolf is at the door. People aren't crying "Where is the NRA"? We all know where they are. F'ing off and doing very little besides wasting our money as well as yours. Probably helping build Wayne's new Mansion. And, they definitely are NOT the best we have. Thank God for that.

Jim

They've made concession after concession...the only way to win is by giving no quarter to the enemy.

I'm going to do my due diligence, but my $$ will be going to GOA and VCDL for now.
I'm no longer a member of the NRA because I'm not anti-gun. I don't support the NRA because I don't support gun control like they do.
Charlton Hesston has to be rolling over in his grave.
Wayne isn't the beginning of a pimple on Charlton's ass.
Nugent would be better suited for the role in today's current political climate.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19
jackmountain and Ethan Edwards, you're really, really dumb.

Nobody ever spent $6,000,000 for a mansion for Wayne LaPierre.

If you want to know about the NRA and Virginia, read he latest NRA-ILA Alert that arrived in my email today.

As for the NRA being in favor of gun control, pfffft. The NRA fights the battles (a) IT MAYBE CAN WIN and (b) THAT ARE IMPORTANT. Who gives a bleep about bump stocks?

You two are Bloomberg's best friends.
Posted By: 700LH Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19
Blind as a bat.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19
The California kid grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good luck on them gun problems ya'll. If there's anything I can say to help, just ask grin

If you want to know about the NRA and Virginia, read he latest NRA-ILA Alert that arrived in my email today.

As for the NRA being in favor of gun control, pfffft. The NRA fights the battles (a) IT MAYBE CAN WIN and (b) THAT ARE IMPORTANT. Who gives a bleep about bump stocks?

No gun control. No safe harbor for America's enemies. You can kma Calicommie.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Those incapable of rational arguments always lose it by falling into ad hominem attacks, profanity, and scatology.

And what the heck is a Calicommie?

Those incapable of rational arguments always lose it by falling into ad hominem attacks, profanity, and scatology.

No need to run down to the library for a dictionary, when you can just look in the mirror for a definition.

Wouldn't an "ad hominem" attack be calling those who disagree with you "really, really dumb"?

I don't waste rational arguments on those incapable of understanding them.
Posted By: Hastings Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19
As for the NRA being in favor of gun control, pfffft. The NRA fights the battles (a) IT MAYBE CAN WIN and (b) THAT ARE IMPORTANT.
Why did our NRA avoid involvement in the Heller and the McDonald cases until right at the last? When they were not needed
Posted By: Mull Re: A question for the NRA - 12/17/19
My Money Goes To GeorgiaGunOwners.Org.
Originally Posted by Mull

I think we should be spending at least equally on the local level as the national level.
Posted By: JackRyan Re: A question for the NRA - 12/18/19

AWESOME!

So start a GeorgiaGunOwners.Org thread and lets see who gives a ...
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/18/19
As for the NRA being in favor of gun control, pfffft. The NRA fights the battles (a) IT MAYBE CAN WIN and (b) THAT ARE IMPORTANT.
Why did our NRA avoid involvement in the Heller and the McDonald cases until right at the last? When they were not needed

I don't know. Did you ask them? Perhaps they thought they couldn't win those. After all, nobody is right 100% of the time. Or perhaps you're mistaken.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: A question for the NRA - 12/18/19

]Wouldn't an "ad hominem" attack be calling those who disagree with you "really, really dumb"?

I don't waste rational arguments on those incapable of understanding them.

Calling you "dumb" was not an attack, "ad hominem" or otherwise. It was an observation. If you didn't see the difference, I apologize for not being clearer.

Telling someone to"KMA" is an attack.

As for Calicommie, I can't tell. My dictionary doesn't have that word. What does it mean? If you don't know, why did you use it?
Originally Posted by JackRyan

AWESOME!

So start a GeorgiaGunOwners.Org thread and lets see who gives a ...

Damn, you're doing a great rallying support for the NRA!
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: A question for the NRA - 12/19/19

I have to point out this unpleasant truth about the NRA:

First, let’s clear up the matter of NRA’s support of NFA’34:

"The NRA supported The National Firearms Act of 1934 which taxes and requires registration of such firearms as machine guns, sawed-off rifles and sawed-off shotguns. … NRA support of Federal gun legislation did not stop with the earlier Dodd bills. It currently backs several Senate and House bills which, through amendment, would put new teeth into the National and Federal Firearms Acts." —American Rifleman, March 1968, P. 22

…..

At least as early as 1930, the NRA supported:

" … requir[ing] the purchaser of a pistol to give information about himself which is submitted by the seller to local police authorities … "

and

" … requir[ing] a license to carry a pistol concealed on one’s person or in a vehicle … " [emphasis mine]

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nra-supported-nfa34.htm
Posted By: 700LH Re: A question for the NRA - 12/19/19
In the 1920s, the National Revolver Association, the arm of the NRA responsible for handgun training, proposed regulations later adopted by nine states, requiring a permit to carry a concealed weapon, five years additional prison time if the gun was used in a crime, a ban on gun sales to non-citizens, a one day waiting period between the purchase and receipt of a gun, and that records of gun sales be made available to police.

The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons. Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

On Nov. 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald. He shot the president with an Italian military surplus rifle purchased from a NRA mail-order advertisement. NRA Executive Vice-President Franklin Orth agreed at a congressional hearing that mail-order sales should be banned stating, “We do think that any sane American, who calls himself an American, can object to placing into this bill the instrument which killed the president of the United States.” The NRA also supported California’s Mulford Act of 1967, which had banned carrying loaded weapons in public in response to the Black Panther Party’s impromptu march on the State Capitol to protest gun control legislation on May 2, 1967.

Background checks,
Red Flag law
Bump stocks and more
Posted By: watch4bear Re: A question for the NRA - 12/19/19
You can take the kid out of California, but you can't take the dick off his face grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire